PDA

View Full Version : What is Rodger's post season record since SB??

Infamous
01-16-2016, 10:56 PM
?

denverYooper
01-16-2016, 10:58 PM
What is LORD FAVRE's?

I think they've both won 1 superbowl and one guy is still playing.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 11:19 PM
?

I bet you could figure it our yourself, if you weren't trying to be a fucking troll.

Joemailman
01-16-2016, 11:22 PM
I think it's the same as Clay Matthews', and B.J. Raji's and Randall Cobb's and Josh Sitton's and...

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 11:23 PM
I think it's the same as Clay Matthews', and B.J. Raji's and Randall Cobb's and Josh Sitton's and...

and Spineless Stubby's

denverYooper
01-16-2016, 11:32 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 2m2 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers is the 3rd starting QB to lose 3 postseason games in OT.

The others: Brett Favre & Peyton Manning.

beveaux1
01-16-2016, 11:38 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 2m2 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers is the 3rd starting QB to lose 3 postseason games in OT.

The others: Brett Favre & Peyton Manning.

I guess he lost this one because he called "tails"?

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2016, 11:44 PM
I remember a game against St. Louis in the playoffs when Favre was short-handed like this. He threw 6 picks.

Joemailman
01-16-2016, 11:46 PM
and Spineless Stubby's

You must be matching Red drink for drink.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 11:56 PM
I remember a game against St. Louis in the playoffs when Favre was short-handed like this. He threw 6 picks.

They weren't short handed at all. The O-line couldn't run block to save their lives, Faver and Schroeder didn't connect early and cost them a pick 6, and the defense was marginal. Down by two then three scores, Favre started spraying the ball all over the field. He never cared about picks, he just kept winging it. Crazy fuck.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 11:57 PM
You must be matching Red drink for drink.

I wish. Gotta get sober now. I'm already over a deadline due to the damn game.

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2016, 01:11 AM
They weren't short handed at all. The O-line couldn't run block to save their lives, Faver and Schroeder didn't connect early and cost them a pick 6, and the defense was marginal. Down by two then three scores, Favre started spraying the ball all over the field. He never cared about picks, he just kept winging it. Crazy fuck.

Spot on.

Shit happens in the Playoffs. Sometimes other teams are just flat out better. I didn't see a whole lot of difference talent wise between the Packers and the Cardinals. I figured it would come down to a one score game. Saint Louis was a far more talented team than the Packers in 2001.

Only one team finishes the season with a win in the playoffs. That is life and for all the people bitching about wasting years with Rodgers and Favre at QB are crazy. Complaining about making the playoffs each year is crazy. Packer fans are blessed. Sure the Patriots have a winning formula but under Brady and the Hoodie the have become the greatest dynasty in the modern NFL, and compares favorably to the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA.

Cleft Crusty
01-17-2016, 01:19 AM
^^^ People saying the Packers should be as good as NE are forgetting that NE might just have the best coach in the history of the NFL and one of the top 5 QBs of all time. It's not coincidence that they are going to their 10th AFC title game. McCarthy is a very good coach, he's just not one of the top 3 of all time. Sure it would be nice to have another Lombardi. Good luck with that. 30 other teams wish they had that too. probably 28 wish they had what the Packers have.

smuggler
01-17-2016, 01:43 AM
This was a legacy game for Rodgers, even in defeat.

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2016, 01:46 AM
^^^^^
Bit of an overstatement.

smuggler
01-17-2016, 01:57 AM
No, I don't think so. Down 4 of his 5 receviers. Still makes a magic comeback with no time on the clock. We're so lucky to have him at QB, it's absurd.

Patler
01-17-2016, 07:05 AM
AR's post season record since his SB is similar to Drew Brees' since his in 2009.
AR's post season record since his SB is similar to P. Manning's since his in 2006.
Since his last SB win, Roethlisberger is 3-3.
In the years he didn't win 2 SBs, E. Manning is 0-3.

Unless you get to a lot of SBs like Brady, most QBs are about .500 when not winning a SB, give or take a couple games. Each year, four playoff teams will be 0-1, another four will be at best 1-1, or 0-1, another two will be at best 2-1, or 1-1. The SB loser will be either 3-1 or 2-1. For most, their records aren't impressive if you don't count the years they win the SB.

red
01-17-2016, 09:04 AM
No, I don't think so. Down 4 of his 5 receviers. Still makes a magic comeback with no time on the clock. We're so lucky to have him at QB, it's absurd.

you're delusional

hail mary's are the ultimate luck play, a-rod hit two of those. those were more about janis then a-rod, a-rod just has to throw the ball somewhere down the field somewhat close to a guy

and take away those two huge plays (the luck plays) and rodgers had a pretty brutal night, like he's had many of this season

George Cumby
01-17-2016, 09:22 AM
That was a really fun game. Totally Epic. We are fortunate to have had a dog in that hunt.

But injured receivers aside. Rodger was not good. PR of 77? He was off ALL night. There is something wrong in dude's head, he needs to get it straight before next season.

pbmax
01-17-2016, 10:02 AM
What is wrong with his head (and his mechanics) is the offense's inability to find something that works. If the play doesn't work as intended on the first route (and that happened WAY too often this year) then the improvisation started. Against good Defenses, it wasn't enough.

I think it has to do with the way the offense is constructed (no-huddle, formations, alignment and plays) and executed. The collection of receiving talent on the team now can't run that offense well. Especially with a limited James Jones.

Joemailman
01-17-2016, 10:05 AM
That was a really fun game. Totally Epic. We are fortunate to have had a dog in that hunt.

But injured receivers aside. Rodger was not good. PR of 77? He was off ALL night. There is something wrong in dude's head, he needs to get it straight before next season.

Usually when a good/great QB starts missing, it's his mechanics. I suspect this is something that will be a point of emphasis next spring.

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 10:07 AM

I agree. But part of the legacy will be that he couldn't/wasn't allowed to/didn't have the opportunity to win it at the end.

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2016, 10:19 AM
IF you look at the records of QBs in the history of the league many of them do not have great playoff records. Montana, Brady, and Aikman have outstanding records, Starr has a decent record considering he won 5 Championships, but you only had to win two games back in the day to win a championship. Rodger's Playoff record is pretty average among the elite QBs of the modern era.

pbmax
01-17-2016, 10:23 AM
I agree. But part of the legacy will be that he couldn't/wasn't allowed to/didn't have the opportunity to win it at the end.

M3 has a lot of Marty in him at the end of a game. Its not on display elsewhere.

I hate the odds of selecting another coach, but Mike needs to re-think his pass game AND game strategy this off-season or it could be time for the next Mike.

Iron Mike
01-17-2016, 10:48 AM
M3 has a lot of Marty in him at the end of a game. Its not on display elsewhere.

I hate the odds of selecting another coach, but Mike needs to re-think his pass game AND game strategy this off-season or it could be time for the next Mike.

Yeah, I'd like to take over the reins, but I'm busy at my job, and I would have re-signed Jermichael Finley, bad neck or not....

Patler
01-17-2016, 12:10 PM
IF you look at the records of QBs in the history of the league many of them do not have great playoff records. Montana, Brady, and Aikman have outstanding records, Starr has a decent record considering he won 5 Championships, but you only had to win two games back in the day to win a championship. Rodger's Playoff record is pretty average among the elite QBs of the modern era.

Starr at 9-1 is only decent, while the others are outstanding?

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 01:09 PM

yeah, I was trying to wrap my head around that too. Otto Graham was kinda OK too. He played in 10 consecutive championship games, but he only won 7.

red
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
really when you think about it, wining % in the playoffs should be higher

you can win 3 or 4 post season games a year

you can only lose 1

Patler
01-17-2016, 04:07 PM
really when you think about it, wining % in the playoffs should be higher

you can win 3 or 4 post season games a year

you can only lose 1

Only one team can win 4 each year, but only if a team from a wild card game wins the SB, so winning 4 is infrequent.
One team will always win at least 3.
At most two can win 3, but only if a wild card game team gets to the SB and loses, or if two wild card game teams get to the SB, in which case one will win 4 and one 3.

On the other hand, at least four and as many as eight will always win 0.

Infamous
01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
+1

Infamous
01-17-2016, 04:29 PM
I bet you could figure it our yourself, if you weren't trying to be a fucking troll.

hehe...im not EXACTLY sure what being a troll entails, but that was not my intent sir. Serious question since I don't follow the pack as closely as I did days of yore. also an important topic about the franchise qb; and should not bother you imo

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 05:26 PM
hehe...im not EXACTLY sure what being a troll entails,

Sorry, I don;t believe you. That doesn't even pass the smell test.

but that was not my intent sir.

I don't believe you for a second

Serious question since I don't follow the pack as closely as I did days of yore.

Sorry, no excuse. Look it up. You probably could figure it from memory if you follow football at all.

also an important topic about the franchise qb; and should not bother you imo

The question doesn't bother me at all. The timing and the poster's intent (which is obvious) does.

Have a nice day :)

Deputy Nutz
01-18-2016, 12:30 AM

Sorry, I confused myself with stats, I meant to say that Starr only went to the playoffs six tim in 15 years because of the smaller playoff field.

Upnorth
01-18-2016, 04:09 PM
3-5 in the five years since the super bowl. 8-6 lifetime. wow, we have not missed the playoffs since the super bowl and have he has won the mvp twice since then. Thanks for the question that points out how lucky we are to have one of, if not the best, quarterbacks since 2010. Great point.

mraynrand
01-18-2016, 04:42 PM
I think Favre was 12-10 in the playoff with the Packers and 3-6 after Superbowl 32. Even though it's 'easier' to have a better record since you only lose once each year, he lost 3 first round games (in 1998, 2002, and 2004). But that's only because WolfGOAT didn't surround him with any talent to win :)