PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 2016 Unrestricted free agents

woodbuck27
01-17-2016, 08:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016

Top 20 2016 Unrestricted free agents

By: Gregg Rosenthal - Around The NFL Editor

Anyone here that You'd appreciate seeing TT elect to go for to better ensure the 2016 Season?

Do you have any ideas and retaining/releasing/attaining .....[B]RE: any available FA's that will become available at the official end date of the 2015 Season.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-17-2016, 08:59 PM
2016 NFL Free Agents

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Tracking the status and signings of all 2016 NFL free agents.

Joemailman
01-17-2016, 11:16 PM
these lists don't mean much now. Many of these guys will be signed to extensions before they reach free agency.

King Friday
01-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Yep...most of these guys will not even be free agents...and those that do become free agents won't even be considered by Ted anyway.

We need a listing that starts around 150 or so.

woodbuck27
01-18-2016, 05:09 AM
these lists don't mean much now. Many of these guys will be signed to extensions before they reach free agency.

Well look at that now we have one man's idea's and where his Top 25 FA's will land this year.

This thread may grow just like a well kept garden.

We're at the beginning of a long ....... long......... off season here.

Does this fellow agree with 'YOU'? Has this author's thoughts and opinion have merirt here?

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/11/20/early-predictions-for-where-the-top-25-nfl-free-agents-will-land-in-2016/

Jason Fletcher NFL • 2 months ago

Early Predictions for Where the Top 25 NFL Free Agents Will Land

Please Note:

His article was submitted 2 months ago and he put a lot of thought and time into composing it and thus it has merit here.

PS:

Have you ever thought of applying your football expertise to entering a Pro Pickem' competition? It's an interesting experience.

I'd enjoy seeing you join our group of NFL analysts next season. If you had the time to undertake that endeavour. I predict growth for you as an NFL fan.

GO PACKERS ! GP PACK GO !!

woodbuck27
01-18-2016, 05:20 AM
Yep...most of these guys will not even be free agents...and those that do become free agents won't even be considered by Ted anyway.

We need a listing that starts around 150 or so.

I'm a member of eternal optimist club. :-)

Even Ted Thompson may change. He might 'in fact' really surprize some here and FA.

Being the eternal optimist and a Packer / NFL fan. I want to try to know as much as possible and share that here. . Anything and 2016 FA may be selected possessing merit of course, and of value to the membership at Packerrats.

GO PACK GO !

MadScientist
01-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Figure the top ones on the list will be resigned. Down towards the bottom there may be some that hit the market, especially if there are higher priorities for a team. Look at what was said about the third Denver guy on that list:

17. Danny Trevathan, Broncos linebacker: Trevathan is a three-down linebacker entering his prime that can hold up in pass coverage. We're big fans of his skill set and he's just the type of above-average starter that gets paid like a superstar in free agency.
The first sentence sounds like just what the Packers need, but paying superstar money for above average starter does not make a lot of sense.

ThunderDan
01-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Figure the top ones on the list will be resigned. Down towards the bottom there may be some that hit the market, especially if there are higher priorities for a team. Look at what was said about the third Denver guy on that list:

The first sentence sounds like just what the Packers need, but paying superstar money for above average starter does not make a lot of sense.

Article was from November. I will remember this thread to see how close this reporter came to the truth. It will be interesting to see how many are resigned by their own team.

Smidgeon
01-18-2016, 10:49 AM
And the ones that aren't will be signed by the dregs oh the NFL for lots of money and not go to the playoffs next year.

woodbuck27
01-18-2016, 11:39 AM
And the ones that aren't will be signed by the dregs oh the NFL for lots of money and not go to the playoffs next year.

Wouldn't you care for this fella in the Green and Gold?

15. Matt Forte, Bears running back: One of the league's most complete backs has not shown many signs of age yet. Perhaps he should be paired with another quality option, but there's no doubt he could upgrade many backfields.

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Wouldn't you care for this fella in the Green and Gold?

15. Matt Forte, Bears running back: One of the league's most complete backs has not shown many signs of age yet. Perhaps he should be paired with another quality option, but there's no doubt he could upgrade many backfields.

Sure. But I think Forte will go somewhere where he's clearly the #1 RB. He's good enough and still young enough. I don't think he'd come here as long as Lacy is here.

Patler
01-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Sure. But I think Forte will go somewhere where he's clearly the #1 RB. He's good enough and still young enough. I don't think he'd come here as long as Lacy is here.

At this stage of his career, that might not be the most important thing to him. In fact, he might realize that a situation in which he shares a lot of the load will prolong his career. Being 1b to someone else who is 1a might even be appealing to him. 2000 carries and 500 receptions in 8 seasons is a lot of wear and tear

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 01:18 PM
At this stage of his career, that might not be the most important thing to him. In fact, he might realize that a situation in which he shares a lot of the load will prolong his career. Being 1b to someone else who is 1a might even be appealing to him. 2000 carries and 500 receptions in 8 seasons is a lot of wear and tear

We'll see. I guess it depends on whether he sees dollar signs in his dreams or a Lombardi Trophy. My guess is he goes to a team that is very good now, but not real strong at RB.

mraynrand
01-18-2016, 01:42 PM
We'll see. I guess it depends on whether he sees dollar signs in his dreams or a Lombardi Trophy. My guess is he goes to a team that is very good now, but not real strong at RB.

If you are a veteran RB who wants a title, probably your best bet is to sit out the year, stay in shape and just wait until the Patriots have lost 2-3 RBs. Then just be ready for that call from Bill.

woodbuck27
01-18-2016, 01:47 PM

So your describing the present Green Bay Packers Joe.

Good .....then ..........according to you we have hope for RB Matt Forte.

red
01-18-2016, 02:39 PM
muhammad wilkerson is the name from the list that stands out the most to me

he's a hell of a player, but will probably get a ton of money, unless people get scared off enough by his injury

run pMc
01-18-2016, 05:52 PM
2000 carries and 500 receptions in 8 seasons is a lot of wear and tear
Forte is (or was) a good player but it seems like he's hurt a lot and after 8 years you wonder what he has in the tank. Plus, he just turned 30 which is ancient in RB years. Pass.

Muhammad Wilkerson will get resigned by NYJ unless someone makes a crazy offer they can't match. One of their best players.

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 06:23 PM
So your describing the present Green Bay Packers Joe.

Good .....then ..........according to you we have hope for RB Matt Forte.

Only if they've given up on Lacy. Despite MM's tough words for Lacy today, I don't think that's the case. You're not going to pay both of those guys. I think Forte will get big money from some team. Maybe Seattle if they don't bring Lynch back.

red
01-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Forte is (or was) a good player but it seems like he's hurt a lot and after 8 years you wonder what he has in the tank. Plus, he just turned 30 which is ancient in RB years. Pass.

Muhammad Wilkerson will get resigned by NYJ unless someone makes a crazy offer they can't match. One of their best players.

yeah but they have younger cheaper players who are almost as good. they are loaded on the d-line, so the thinking is, they could let him walk

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Packers sign 8 free agents!

LB Carl Bradford, DT William Campbell, TE Mitchell Henry, WR Jamel Johnson, DT Christian Ringo, G Matt Rotheram, T Jeremy Vujnovich and WR Ed Williams

woodbuck27
01-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Packers sign 8 free agents!

LB Carl Bradford, DT William Campbell, TE Mitchell Henry, WR Jamel Johnson, DT Christian Ringo, G Matt Rotheram, T Jeremy Vujnovich and WR Ed Williams

Thanks Joe.

run pMc
01-20-2016, 08:14 PM
I guess Ed Williams made an impression in TC -- they brought him in very late and he's stuck around. Between him and Jamel Johnson maybe TT thinks he's ok with WR?
Anybody know anything about these two?

Edit: This is what I found for Johnson:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123728&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

and Williams:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97476&draftyear=2014&genpos=wr

Pugger
01-21-2016, 10:50 AM
My guess is we'll address 3 positions this offseason either by FA or more likely the draft: TE, ILB and Punter. These are probably our only real weaknesses. One other could be O tackle depth but after Tretter showed he can handle that position fairly well that might not be such a pressing need now.

woodbuck27
01-21-2016, 10:56 AM
My guess is we'll address 3 positions this offseason either by FA or more likely the draft: TE, ILB and Punter. These are probably our only real weaknesses. One other could be O tackle depth but after Tretter showed he can handle that position fairly well that might not be such a pressing need now.

The issue and RB has to be corrected. Might TT consider trading Eddie Lacy?

James Starks is a FA. Will TT try to retain him?

I feel we need another CB (DB) as a FA or in the DRAFT.

In this pass happy NFL you can't have enough DB's.

mraynrand
01-21-2016, 11:02 AM

If you want an extra roll of tape, that trade makes lots of sense.

Pugger
01-21-2016, 11:08 AM

James Starks is a FA. Will TT try to retain him?

I feel we need another CB (DB) as a FA or in the DRAFT.

In this pass happy NFL you can't have enough DB's.

Unless Eddie drops the weight and shows he is dedicated to football how trade-able is Lacy?

Starks is going to be 30 next month and that is the age most RBs start to decline. He has fumbling issues too. James might stay if he takes something around the vet minimum. I suspect Ted will draft a RB but not high unless a decent one drops down to the 3rd or 4th round.

If Hayward stays we'll have 6 corners on the roster. We only have 4 safeties right now. Maybe S depth is a bigger need?

Tony Oday
01-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Calvin Johnson as a Packer. Jordy as a #2 would be insane!

mraynrand
01-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Calvin Johnson as a Packer. Jordy as a #2 would be insane!

So you send Abracadabra packing then? Or Adams?

Patler
01-21-2016, 12:12 PM
The issue and RB has to be corrected. Might TT consider trading Eddie Lacy?If you want an extra roll of tape, that trade makes lots of sense.

Even that might be up on the air, as part of a "future considerations" deal. Might be only a half-roll.

mraynrand
01-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Even that might be up on the air, as part of a "future considerations" deal. Might be only a half-roll.

that made me LOL