PDA

View Full Version : Damarious Randall - Exciting young player - And an exciting defense!

RashanGary
01-18-2016, 06:46 PM
14 passes defended
3 interceptions

This is a rookie who played really, really well. All reports coming out of college say this guy is a hard worker and a high character person. He should come back in shape and ready to take that 2nd year leap! I could see him being a probowl player in the near future. Shields, Randall, Burnett, Clinton-Dix and whoever wins the nickel and dime next year looks like a stellar group.

We have pass rushers!
We have talented big guys!

I'm excited about the 2016 Packers defense!!

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 06:57 PM
You're the Anti-Wist!

I agree, especially in the secondary. The defense improved this year while playing 3 rookies extensively. That's a good sign. Hopefully they don't lose too much in free agency (Raji, Guion, Neal, Perry).

red
01-18-2016, 07:02 PM
he looked really good at times and did a lot of good things

but he also made a ton of mistakes and didn't look good at times

hopefully the bad things can just be chalked up to being a rookie and he will improve on those

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Rookies make rookie mistakes. He's a good one though. This is a really good secondary and Sam Shields is the old guy at 28.

Bossman641
01-18-2016, 08:25 PM
The secondary needs a backup safety but other than that they are young and they are good. I'm wondering if Gunter could take over Hyde's role and defend TE's. He has a little more size.

I'm really hoping Perry gets signed and that they pick up an ILB either through the draft or FA.

smuggler
01-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Randall's mistakes were typically not back-breakers, from my memory. I didn't see him giving up 75-yard passes in overtime, for instance. Probably the best first-round rookie we've had since Matthews. (Bulaga was no slouch, either!)

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Randall's mistakes were typically not back-breakers, from my memory. I didn't see him giving up 75-yard passes in overtime, for instance. Probably the best first-round rookie we've had since Matthews. (Bulaga was no slouch, either!)

Actually, if I understand Capers, Randall should have followed Fitz across the field, not Peppers. Of course, he wasn't the only one at fault on that play.

At any rate, Randall is a good one who should just get better. It will be fun to watch him and Rollins over the next few years.

smuggler
01-18-2016, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Deputy Nutz
01-18-2016, 09:05 PM
Actually, if I understand Capers, Randall should have followed Fitz across the field, not Peppers. Of course, he wasn't the only one at fault on that play.

At any rate, Randall is a good one who should just get better. It will be fun to watch him and Rollins over the next few years.

Well Dom is really old and doesn't make sense sometimes.

Joemailman
01-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Well Dom is really old and doesn't make sense sometimes.

I'm guessing Dom knows better than the gang at JSO.