PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers unhappy about coin flip gaffe

woodbuck27
01-19-2016, 09:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624046/article/aaron-rodgers-unhappy-about-coin-flip-gaffe

Aaron Rodgers unhappy about coin flip gaffe[/B][/B]

By: ... Around The NFL Writer

Published: Jan. 17, 2016 at 12:44 a.m.... Updated: Jan. 17, 2016 at 01:23 a.m

"I think he was trying to avoid the embarrassment of what just happened. He flipped it quickly," he (Aaron Rodgers) said.

Rodgers added ...It's unfortunate it comes down to that."

SkinBasket
01-20-2016, 07:57 AM
Unless the coin could cover a WR, it doesn't mean shit.

The only thing uglier than that flip though, is one of woodbruck's posts.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2016, 07:58 AM
Rodgers is such a bitch.

Strange Brew
01-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Calling tails again was a bad move. You’d think he would’ve learned his lesson last season during the NFC Championship game against Seattle!

Patler
01-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Kind of a silly thing to be complaining about. The coin flip? Really?

Scott Campbell
01-20-2016, 06:56 PM
I must have missed where he complained about anything. It reads like a simple observation to me.

falco
01-20-2016, 07:06 PM
He didn't call tails again. He tried to change it but they wouldn't let him y'all.

woodbuck27
01-21-2016, 09:00 AM
Studying the recorded video:

ARod was certainly keen to observe which side of the coin was facing up before the toss. He was alert to that....how that dictated his choice .........of heads or tails ..........on the call.

If he was given the opportunity and a second toss call with tails showing up before the toss.

We`ll never know if he might have optioned to change his call to heads and as it landed the second toss. The Packers would take the field on offense.

ARod then would be advised to target Jeff Janis.

Did MM and ARod ever in that game utilize John Kuhn except to block? Kuuuuuuhhhhn had been getting open Vs Minny and Washington. I felt there was much to gain by putting John Kuhn in the game plan in some bigger way

Pugger
01-21-2016, 09:39 AM
Kind of a silly thing to be complaining about. The coin flip? Really?

My only beef about the coin flip is we lost it both times.

woodbuck27
01-21-2016, 09:51 AM
My only beef about the coin flip is we lost it both times.

Pugger the coin was flipped 'only once' as it should have been or actually resembling a proper flipped coin. The Referee' assumed that Aaron Rodgers previous choice of the call stood for the second attempt at a proper flip.

That assumption was ARod's point of contention.

Now........... realizing 'of course' that you must realize that and the first attempt by the games official to make a flip failed (the coin fell and rested on it's side') and thus a NO Flip:

So ......to what other occasion or game situation do you refer and the Packers losing the coin toss before OT?

Pugger
01-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Pugger the coin was flipped 'only once' as it should have been or actually resembling a proper flipped coin. The Referee' assumed that Aaron Rodgers previous choice of the call stood for the second attempt at a proper flip.

That assumption was ARod's point of contention.

Now........... realizing 'of course' that you must realize that and the first attempt by the games official to make a flip failed (the coin fell and rested on it's side') and thus a NO Flip:

So ......to what other occasion or game situation do you refer and the Packers losing the coin toss before OT?

I was attempting to make a half hearted joke.

Surely you recall where Rodgers never saw the ball just last year in Seattle. Did we lose to the Giants in OT in 2011? I can't remember...