PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Enjoy This Season?

Fritz
01-20-2016, 05:47 AM
Most everyone here knows that I disappear for a while after a playoff loss every year, and I'll probably do so again here. The loss just hurts, and I can't even watch the other playoff games now.

This one doesn't rank quite up there with last year's heartbreak, or the 4th-and-26 debacle of the Sherman era, but it hurts pretty bad. When that pass hit Sam Shields's hands, for a brief moment I saw (as I think Shields did) the open field in front of him, a 20 - 10 lead with just over four minutes to play, and I thought in that millisecond that maybe this was another team of destiny.

But they couldn't close the deal, and it's over, and there's a lot that went wrong this season, as we have been hashing out. But in the last day or so I've been reflecting on what I enjoyed about the season, and there is much to be thankful for. So here's my list. Feel free to add yours.

- The Hail Mary play in Detroit, since I was there to see it. You don't see many plays like that in the NFL, period. And the Hail Mary in Arizona. What a wonderful, though brief, moment that was.

- The play of the defense, most of the time. It felt good to think, as the season went on, that the Packer defense might really stop a team and get a punt. More specifically . . .

- The resurgence of BJ Raji and Letroy Guion. It was fun to see Raji getting penetration, or Guion throwing a guard aside. It was really nice to see an opposing running back get stuffed or even thrown for a loss. I'd like to see both those guys back.

- I really enjoyed the last part of the season, watching Nick Perry play. I was ready to be done with him earlier in the year, but I was wrong. I root for the guy because I think he's talented and fundamentally a good though quiet guy. He really has a style of play that gets him hurt a lot, but at the end of the year he really made some plays. I was glad for him. I hope he'll be back.

-I enjoyed watching Mike Neal. That guy hustles and hustles harder than anyone else on the defense, I think, and he makes some plays. He wore down a little at the end, but I really admire his switch to OLB and how hard he plays. I'd like to see him back, too.

- It was fun to see the occasional play from Datone Jones. He really did make some splash plays - some sacks, some big tackles for loss when he's too quick for the opposing lineman and gets into the backfield. If he can be more consistent and maybe complete the conversion to OLB, that would really help this team. You got to see flashes of why TT drafted him.

- The two rookie corners. Man, it was fun to watch them play. Randall is fearless. He's the real deal, Wist's usual pessimism not withstanding. Rollins too will only get better.

- HHCD's development. It was rough early in the season, but by season's end he was a much better tackler, and he gets the game and his position.

- Mason Crosby. Yeah, he missed the Detroit game-winning kick, but that was more of a placement issue. Look at all the extra points other kickers missed this year - but Mason was still money on them. He's a professional and I really enjoyed watching him, especially after that agonizing season a couple years ago. Kudos to MM for sticking with him. Now pay the man!

- Rob Lovato. Wow. The guy's making sub sandwiches one minute and snapping in a playoff game the next. And without any issue. Kudos to TT for signing him, especially amongst the numerous vets he could've had. It was fun to see the kid just step right in and perform.

- James Jones. He's lost any speed he may have had, and he's done in GB, but the man is a true professional. I have a lot of respect for him and wish him well.

- The flashes from Abby and Janis in the playoff game were really enjoyable, not just in the moment but for the possibilities for next year. They both made some tough catches in clutch situations.

- The moments during that stretch of the season where they ran the ball well. I don't know why, but I enjoy watching the Packers run it down the other team's throat, and the Dallas game was great for me. For some reason, watching Starks or Lacy charge through a hole on first down for a gain of seven is much more satisfying than a seven yard pass, even though the results are the same. So I enjoyed the heck out of the Dallas game. Plus, it was my youngest daughter's first time at Lambeau.

- Red's awesome alternative game day threads.

- The Packerrats in general. I've been on other sites, but none are as good as this one. Thanks, Mad. And I could name almost every one of you as someone I enjoy - I love the personalities (okay, 95% of them) - but for me, PB and Patler are worth mentioning because they bring both incredible insight, knowledge and civility to this site. I do miss KYPack's posts, though. Wish he'd post more.

I'll probably post a little more, but I need a break from football soon. Thanks, guys. Another good season. They didn't win it all, but there was a lot to enjoy.

Joemailman
01-20-2016, 06:13 AM
Special Teams where confusion did not reign. Even if I did miss the Fire Slocum! thread a little bit.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2016, 07:23 AM
The never fail Hail Mary pass.

channtheman
01-20-2016, 07:26 AM
Going to the Seattle game with my cousin and watching the Packers beat those douchebags.

Coming home from work and zipping through the at Lions game and being incredibly pissed off, only to catch up to the live action and watch an unbelievable comeback and hail mary.

Watching another crazy hail mary in the playoffs at Arizona. I'm part of the club that was thinking go for 2 after the score. I don't fault MM for not, but being there with how loud it was and how the Cards had moved the ball in the 4th quarter, it didn't feel like we had much of a chance the longer the game went.

Watching Brett and Bart embrace on Thanksgiving. Chills man.

I enjoyed this season, and I'm not too upset at the result. Of course I would have preferred we beat Arizona and still be in the playoffs but of all the teams to lose to, Arizona is the one I'd prefer to. Larry Fitzgerald is a class act and I'm really routing for him to win a Super Bowl.

esoxx
01-20-2016, 07:35 AM
I enjoyed going to the game against the Seahawks and watching the Pack get that long sought after victory. While it will never replace the NFCCG collapse, it was cathartic nonetheless.

Fuck Pete Carroll and his bent nose.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2016, 07:38 AM
I will miss giving exactly zero fucks.

George Cumby
01-20-2016, 07:48 AM
The defense and the ST's. Boy what a pleasant change.

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Fritz, one of my favorite posters. Level-headed, even-keeled and optimistic. Exactly the opposite of me! You do need to keep posting. Nice thread.

What did I enjoy this season? Watching every Packer game on TV, a bonus for switching from cable to DirectTV.

I also enjoyed participating in the game day thread. Win or lose, it's great fun. It's good to be able to rant and rave among folks with a common passion for the Packers.

Plus, I'm working up the nerve to ask Harlan out. He's such a sweet young pup.:hrt:

But what I enjoy most about this season is my severely damaged short-term memory...

Bossman641
01-20-2016, 08:25 AM
The Bart and Brett moment during the thanksgiving game

Seeing the secondary grow, but especially Randall and HHCD

The pass rush during that 3-4 game stretch where they were just taking over games

James Starks on the screen. There's just something about watching him slice through the defense into the open field

Glimpses, however short they were, of the Montgomery/Cobb pairing

The Hail Mary against Detroit. I didn't want to yell in my house and wake up my wife, so instead I screamed out the back door. Moments later my neighbor texted me saying they heard me yelling.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2016, 08:32 AM
You might call this a down year for the Packers with not winning the division and all but I would have to say it was a pretty entertaining season. Honestly it got me interested in watching the NFL again. The Hail Mary completions were amazing to watch as a football enthusiast and the defense was finally interesting to watch.

It is interesting that the Packers' Defense was finally the bright spot but then the offense took a shit this season. Image if the Packers were able to put it all together this season.

Also, having #4 coming back to Green Bay made a very happy man. Some of my friends wish he would continue to shun the Packers but that just never sat well with me. Favre belongs to Green Bay and the fans of the franchise. It was too bad that the Chicago game was a rainy fucking mess because it really messed up the halftime presentation, but we all still got to see Bart and Brett embrace, you could tell it was truly memorable to both of them. Unfortunately it all just seemed a bit rushed.

Smidgeon
01-20-2016, 09:12 AM
JC Tretter. Actually capable of backing up all five spots on the line.

mraynrand
01-20-2016, 09:23 AM
This might sound backwards, but I kind of enjoyed the home losses to the Division rivals, and the road wins. Without the rivalries, football is really quite a bore. Think about it - If The Packers just crush the Bears all the time (or vice versa as was the norm a generation ago) who cares to watch that game? People turn it off or fall asleep in the second half. I like the Packers to beat the Bears whenever they can, and this year was supposed to be the year they pulled even. But they screwed it up. I gave a book on the Packer-Bears rivalry to a friend for Christmas and I inscribed it: "Franchises crest and trough, players come and go, but rivalries persist and are what make watching the games fun"

Tell me that wasn't true this year - or any year...

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-20-2016, 10:02 AM
The once in a lifetime hail marys.....several times.

Rodgers when he gets excited...sometimes he looks pissed, sometimes he looked resigned to a bad year...but man, when he is excited, and animated, he is a joy to watch, worth the price of admission.

I did not enjoy MM always sugar coating the play, saying how they were gonna fix things, and nothing got fixed.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-20-2016, 10:10 AM
The other thing I grew to dislike was mraynrand's avatar, all those white teeth. I mean, really. Isn't no teeth (and nose) much much better?

Fritz
01-20-2016, 10:15 AM
JC Tretter. Actually capable of backing up all five spots on the line.

You know what? I forgot to mention Tretter. Always liked the guy, and boy did he come through.

We all like to complain about lousy backups, thinking we should by rights have two starters at every position. And at center, we do!

Also enjoyed seeing Bart Starr at the half of the T-giving game. He looked so happy. And Brent, too. I've decided it's more enjoyable to remember the good stuff than to nurse my grudge. Not a free pass (I won't forget what I think of as his manipulative behavior trying to shape his escape narrative) but a realization that he is, like all of us, a flawed human being.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2016, 10:18 AM
This might sound backwards, but I kind of enjoyed the home losses to the Division rivals, and the road wins. Without the rivalries, football is really quite a bore. Think about it - If The Packers just crush the Bears all the time (or vice versa as was the norm a generation ago) who cares to watch that game? People turn it off or fall asleep in the second half. I like the Packers to beat the Bears whenever they can, and this year was supposed to be the year they pulled even. But they screwed it up. I gave a book on the Packer-Bears rivalry to a friend for Christmas and I inscribed it: "Franchises crest and trough, players come and go, but rivalries persist and are what make watching the games fun"

Tell me that wasn't true this year - or any year...

I agree, but even this year was tough on the rivalries because the Packers weren't supposed to lose those games on paper. Very rarely in the Packer/Bear rivalry where it was a coin flip between the two teams.

mraynrand
01-20-2016, 10:27 AM
The other thing I grew to dislike was mraynrand's avatar, all those white teeth. I mean, really. Isn't no teeth (and nose) much much better?

Dental miracles are routine these days. Let go of your fear and schedule your appointment today.

http://www.richmondsmilecenter.com/images/gallery/8.jpg

Pugger
01-20-2016, 10:40 AM
Going to the Seattle game with my cousin and watching the Packers beat those douchebags.

Coming home from work and zipping through the at Lions game and being incredibly pissed off, only to catch up to the live action and watch an unbelievable comeback and hail mary.

Watching another crazy hail mary in the playoffs at Arizona. I'm part of the club that was thinking go for 2 after the score. I don't fault MM for not, but being there with how loud it was and how the Cards had moved the ball in the 4th quarter, it didn't feel like we had much of a chance the longer the game went.

Watching Brett and Bart embrace on Thanksgiving. Chills man.

I enjoyed this season, and I'm not too upset at the result. Of course I would have preferred we beat Arizona and still be in the playoffs but of all the teams to lose to, Arizona is the one I'd prefer to. Larry Fitzgerald is a class act and I'm really routing for him to win a Super Bowl.

I got a kick out of seeing Brett and Aaron embrace too. Too bad we lost that night.

Pugger
01-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Most everyone here knows that I disappear for a while after a playoff loss every year, and I'll probably do so again here. The loss just hurts, and I can't even watch the other playoff games now.

This one doesn't rank quite up there with last year's heartbreak, or the 4th-and-26 debacle of the Sherman era, but it hurts pretty bad. When that pass hit Sam Shields's hands, for a brief moment I saw (as I think Shields did) the open field in front of him, a 20 - 10 lead with just over four minutes to play, and I thought in that millisecond that maybe this was another team of destiny.

But they couldn't close the deal, and it's over, and there's a lot that went wrong this season, as we have been hashing out. But in the last day or so I've been reflecting on what I enjoyed about the season, and there is much to be thankful for. So here's my list. Feel free to add yours.

- The Hail Mary play in Detroit, since I was there to see it. You don't see many plays like that in the NFL, period. And the Hail Mary in Arizona. What a wonderful, though brief, moment that was.

- The play of the defense, most of the time. It felt good to think, as the season went on, that the Packer defense might really stop a team and get a punt. More specifically . . .

- The resurgence of BJ Raji and Letroy Guion. It was fun to see Raji getting penetration, or Guion throwing a guard aside. It was really nice to see an opposing running back get stuffed or even thrown for a loss. I'd like to see both those guys back.

- I really enjoyed the last part of the season, watching Nick Perry play. I was ready to be done with him earlier in the year, but I was wrong. I root for the guy because I think he's talented and fundamentally a good though quiet guy. He really has a style of play that gets him hurt a lot, but at the end of the year he really made some plays. I was glad for him. I hope he'll be back.

-I enjoyed watching Mike Neal. That guy hustles and hustles harder than anyone else on the defense, I think, and he makes some plays. He wore down a little at the end, but I really admire his switch to OLB and how hard he plays. I'd like to see him back, too.

- It was fun to see the occasional play from Datone Jones. He really did make some splash plays - some sacks, some big tackles for loss when he's too quick for the opposing lineman and gets into the backfield. If he can be more consistent and maybe complete the conversion to OLB, that would really help this team. You got to see flashes of why TT drafted him.

- The two rookie corners. Man, it was fun to watch them play. Randall is fearless. He's the real deal, Wist's usual pessimism not withstanding. Rollins too will only get better.

- HHCD's development. It was rough early in the season, but by season's end he was a much better tackler, and he gets the game and his position.

- Mason Crosby. Yeah, he missed the Detroit game-winning kick, but that was more of a placement issue. Look at all the extra points other kickers missed this year - but Mason was still money on them. He's a professional and I really enjoyed watching him, especially after that agonizing season a couple years ago. Kudos to MM for sticking with him. Now pay the man!

- Rob Lovato. Wow. The guy's making sub sandwiches one minute and snapping in a playoff game the next. And without any issue. Kudos to TT for signing him, especially amongst the numerous vets he could've had. It was fun to see the kid just step right in and perform.

- James Jones. He's lost any speed he may have had, and he's done in GB, but the man is a true professional. I have a lot of respect for him and wish him well.

- The flashes from Abby and Janis in the playoff game were really enjoyable, not just in the moment but for the possibilities for next year. They both made some tough catches in clutch situations.

- The moments during that stretch of the season where they ran the ball well. I don't know why, but I enjoy watching the Packers run it down the other team's throat, and the Dallas game was great for me. For some reason, watching Starks or Lacy charge through a hole on first down for a gain of seven is much more satisfying than a seven yard pass, even though the results are the same. So I enjoyed the heck out of the Dallas game. Plus, it was my youngest daughter's first time at Lambeau.

- Red's awesome alternative game day threads.

- The Packerrats in general. I've been on other sites, but none are as good as this one. Thanks, Mad. And I could name almost every one of you as someone I enjoy - I love the personalities (okay, 95% of them) - but for me, PB and Patler are worth mentioning because they bring both incredible insight, knowledge and civility to this site. I do miss KYPack's posts, though. Wish he'd post more.

I'll probably post a little more, but I need a break from football soon. Thanks, guys. Another good season. They didn't win it all, but there was a lot to enjoy.

GMTA

Pugger
01-20-2016, 10:44 AM
The once in a lifetime hail marys.....several times.

Rodgers when he gets excited...sometimes he looks pissed, sometimes he looked resigned to a bad year...but man, when he is excited, and animated, he is a joy to watch, worth the price of admission.

I did not enjoy MM always sugar coating the play, saying how they were gonna fix things, and nothing got fixed.

But I will give the devil his due getting this team ready to perform in the playoffs. They way the guys played late in the season showed no hint of how they played in Washington and AZ. NOBODY have us a chance in hell in AZ and we damn near completed the upset.

Pugger
01-20-2016, 10:45 AM
You know what? I forgot to mention Tretter. Always liked the guy, and boy did he come through.

We all like to complain about lousy backups, thinking we should by rights have two starters at every position. And at center, we do!

Also enjoyed seeing Bart Starr at the half of the T-giving game. He looked so happy. And Brent, too. I've decided it's more enjoyable to remember the good stuff than to nurse my grudge. Not a free pass (I won't forget what I think of as his manipulative behavior trying to shape his escape narrative) but a realization that he is, like all of us, a flawed human being.

The play of Tretter at tackle might have changed Ted's and Mike's mind about drafting a tackle high this year.

RashanGary
01-21-2016, 03:03 PM
A lot of things, but if I have to list just one thing, it's the play of our defense. It was really fun to watch them come together. Someone said Randall and Clinton dix earlier and I agree. Also, we had a lot of good pass rushers. The defense can be really strong again next season and I have hope that we can pull the offense together.

Next season looks really bright!!

Joemailman
01-21-2016, 03:06 PM
The play of Tretter at tackle might have changed Ted's and Mike's mind about drafting a tackle high this year.

Not necessarily. TT is always thinking ahead. Sitton, Lang, Bakh and Tretter are all UFA's following next season. And Bulaga always misses games. Offensive line depth is an issue.

woodbuck27
01-21-2016, 10:37 PM
The Bart and Brett moment during the thanksgiving game

Seeing the secondary grow, but especially Randall and HHCD

The pass rush during that 3-4 game stretch where they were just taking over games

James Starks on the screen. There's just something about watching him slice through the defense into the open field

Glimpses, however short they were, of the Montgomery/Cobb pairing

The Hail Mary against Detroit. I didn't want to yell in my house and wake up my wife, so instead I screamed out the back door. Moments later my neighbor texted me saying they heard me yelling.

Bossman541...I'll use your post as my spring diving board.

So Bossman641....Your a Screamer ! These Packer fans might enjoy you and that? I hear that....there's a whole lot of Gender Role reversing these days.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKEhgVIi8yPWJIL1PdJa5XB-Ml9vWDqp4T5UIwzReK-5J15j9k

Certainly better to be a Screamer than this Packer fan. I wonder if he's an accountant?:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHuNUnAEtkS4H6QvOA1PCHNJNfQi6SW 2yngJ7rm_9oWprseREY

I also saw the 'D' step up this season. It amazes me that Julius Peppers still plays so well and has such a strong leadership role on the small 't' team. We need changes made to get to Big 'T' TEAM. We need more like Julius Peppers. I was pleased to see Nick Perry step up his game. Is he finally kicking in or did we witness an audition for another (maybe a) West Coast NFL team? I loved the play of DT

"The Bart and Brett moment during the thanksgiving game."

I watched that game and time for Packer History with tremendous satisfaction feeling that I might be the Greatest Brett Favre Fan on the planet ! OK .....I'll throw over for a tie with anyone who loved and appreciate Favre for the gutsy leader and determined to win competitor he is. Yes Favre hasn't changed. Now this doesn't call for contention. I bet he still believes he could help an NFL team. Favre was an incredible football player. I love Brett Favre. I'm anticipating with such JOY his first ballot induction into the NFL HOF. :-)

I also loved Bart Starr and was a Packer fan throughout the 1960's. An amazing Green Bay Packer Franchise Decade where they were the best in Pro Sports. So many awesome Packers but of all those Bart Starr was at the head of the class as the Packer QB. Starr was a beauty. To see these Packer GREATs embrace...well...I'm choking up right now To see it that night 'LIVE; on a huge screen. Amazing the emotion I felt ..the pride overwhelming me.

I had a Green Bay Packer jacket, hat, T-Shirt and Packer pull over on that evening. I think I was wearing a pair of Family Guy Boxers (sorry if that disappoints anyone) and people present @ Hooters ( the Official Green Bay Packers Sports Bar in Greater Montreal_(as elected so by me)... and not even NFL fans:

Went out of their way respectfully to congratulate me in this amazing time for a PACKER and remaining loyal Brett Favre fan.

One of the Sports Bars patrons was a Hells Angel and he came by to speal to...meet this fella all decked out in things Green Bay Packer. That fella again...... before he left the place came over and paid his respect to 'the Maritimer' and PACKER fan and wished me and the Packers good luck. I'll tell you one thing. Being a Maritimer has many perks in terms of the social aspect of truly living life in regards to enjoying others. Maritimer's are respected as decent fun loving people that give you no shit. It's all up front see me as you want to and I don't give a damn if you don't like me because I'm OK with me. :glug:

JUST A THOUGHT Packerrats:

Do we need a few Hells Angels watching Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson?

Others informed me of their appreciation for the Green Bay Packers. Greenfield Park is after all...the Home of the Greenfield Park Packers.

The way Favre hugged all those Packers present, to share his proud moment and looked at each of them with a certain eye to eye contact is today...rare in men anywhere. Favre looked all of them straight in the eye (with that special Brett Favre gleam) in appreciation for their presence. It was all the little things that makes Favre unique and tremendously SPECIAL. It was always his humanness I appreciated. The way he took it all on his strong shoulders. Brett Favre remains 'the LEGEND' in my life. Most every day I get something from him in our Facebook association and his with Sqor Sports.

FAVRE:

His style so easy and he looked amazing...in awesome condition. Frankly he never looked better nor happier than he did on that awesome Packer fan occasion. The fans as they did last summer and Favre in their presence at his Packer HOF induction so appreciative of their Man Favre. All the amazing signs of support. The roar of appreciation and LOVE for Brett Favre with so much cheering. He deserved all of it. I will never have a prouder time as a Packer fan than I did that evening.

It really SUCKED that the Packers played like pussy's and allowed da fricken Bears (a franchise that Brett Favre OWNED) take that games 'W'. I 've watched Larry FitzGerald's reception uncovered and absolutely 'wide open' and long 75 yard gain to our 5 yard line over and over in utter amazement at the ineptitude of Packer defenders weakness NOT to make a decent effort to tackle him. What do the Packers pay CM III and $$$$ all that $$$$ for a right hand to the shoulder weak attempt to what? Tackle Larry FitzGerald ! Give me a fricken break. Brett Favre made that tackle from his easy chair.

Wasn't that loss on such a Special Night to da Bears significant in terms of a season where the Packers went from favourites to win the Super Bowl to hopefully 'after another pop gun finish'....to nothing but the most optimistic fans belief and something more next year? We need to see a lot more change than Eddie Lacy's weight reduction and a few Coach's dismissed before hope becomes reality in the 2016 season.

Something has to put a FIRE into the hearts and souls of the Green Bay Packers. That's not ever coming from the likes of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. Frick and Frack...have to go.

Aaron Rodgers !! WOW !!!

Both of the Hail Mary completions for TD's.....TWO -TWO ...... Two in One season ! I hope I'll be able to recall both as I'm leaving this life. Here's a great video presentation of ARod's Hail Mary completion to WR Jeff Janis to help MM extend the game to OT:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ired-for-sound

I tried my best to keep up with all things PACKERS as the Season ensued but Mae and I were away at my country home in New Brunswick so we missed a lot. Mae as I do loves the Packers. I 'only' want (well ... expect) the very best for the team I love.

What's next on my short list of special moments and the 2015-16 Packer Season?:

Well here it is on Video (Please excuse the commercial):

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000623837/Randall-Cobb-makes-amazing-nullified-catch

The incredible falling backwards left hand reception (that wasn't) with a defender literally draped all over him PACKERS NO. 18. Randall Cobb's spectacular catch at about the Arizona Cardinals 2 and 1/2 yard line .... thrilled me. That was the finest catch of all Packer receptions ( and taken away due to penalty) I've seen in 56 years as 'a Packer fan'.

That unfortunately 'nullified catch' was every bit as spectacular as Odell Becham Jr's NFL Play Of the Year last season. What makes it even more special. In the moment and for seconds after he got to his feet. Randall Cobb (my favourite Green Bat Packer) didn't realize he was seriously injured. That's the toughness (Brett Favre style toughness) we need inspired in the general population of the Green Bay Packers Roster next season and beyond. Head Coach Mike McCarthy has to become a fricken Task Master ......yesterday. Mike McCarthy has to change and become the Bad Ass Head Coach (bring that Irish) to the forefront and in no uncertain terms crack the whip. The all too friendly confines of the Packers Dressing Room needs the presence of a Head Coach with 'a REAL Bad Ass' determination to do nothing less next season than win the Super Bowl. Mike McCarthy has to inspire the greatest positive attitude among all Packer Roster players and this never say die will to be the very best team in the NFL over the next five years.

Then there is this personal highlight RE: me..woodbuck27 and my LOVE for the GREEN BAY PACKERS and what I truly see as a need to ever get that next Super Bowl win. Here's [B]my 'News Flash' for any of you that doesn't see it. :

Sometimes a coach in PRO Sports needs a kick in the ass....needs a coach to coach him. That's what is needed in Green Bay with TT and MM as they are. Someone with the POWER needs to intervene...Smarten up and go out there and bring Tom Coughlin in as MM's mentor Coach. Coughlin would likely be more pleased if offered the HC's position but what do we know if nothing is ventured in terms of what I see...suggest as a way to get the Packers where they must be.

I love to imagine Jon Gruden as the Packers GM and HC. I'm by the nature of my positive attitude and winning desire... (and that's what I've always aimed at doing with considerable success and good fortune)...also....a Dreamer that Dreams BIG for my beloved :pack: PACKERS. :pack:

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !! .

mraynrand
01-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Smarten up and go out there and bring Tom Coughlin in as MM's mentor Coach. Coughlin would likely be more pleased if offered the HC's position but what do we know if nothing is ventured in terms of what I see...suggest as a way to get the Packers where they must be.

So you want the Packers to go from 67-34-1, making the playoffs 7 straight times, winning 7 playoff games, and winning a SB to going 55-57, making the playoffs once, winning 4 playoff games and the SB once in seven years. I guess Coughlin could coach them down to that lower level. Why do you want to lose more?

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2016, 11:08 AM
But everyone would be on time to meetings

woodbuck27
01-22-2016, 03:11 PM
So you want the Packers to go from 67-34-1, making the playoffs 7 straight times, winning 7 playoff games, and winning a SB to going 55-57, making the playoffs once, winning 4 playoff games and the SB once in seven years. I guess Coughlin could coach them down to that lower level. Why do you want to lose more?

Read ...would you please just read,

I'm suggesting Tom Coughlin as a mentor to MM...someone to teach Irish to Irish TOUGHNESS.

Do you know Irish toughness mraynrand?

I'd enjoy mentoring you and that in a very particular manner.

Scott Campbell
01-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Geriatric internet tough guys are funny.

mraynrand
01-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Read ...wuld you please just read,

I'm suggesting Tom Coughlin as a mentor to MM...someone to teach Irish to Irish TOUGHNESS.

Do you know Irish toughness mraynrand?

I'd enjoy mentoring you and that in a very particular manner.

I'm Russian, German and Polish - which means I was stupid enough to kill myself at Stalingrad. You guys died by the millions because you didn't plant anything but potatoes. But that's if you go on pure ancestry. I judge people by the content of their posts, not the color of their ancestry. I find your posts long-winded and mostly lacking in substance.

woodbuck27
01-22-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm Russian, German and Polish - which means I was stupid enough to kill myself at Stalingrad. You guys died by the millions because you didn't plant anything but potatoes. But that's if you go on pure ancestry. I judge people by the content of their posts, not the color of their ancestry. I find your posts long-winded and mostly lacking in substance.

Fine ..... so then ....... why respond to them?

All you ever do is ridicule.

mraynrand
01-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Fine ..... so then ....... why respond to them?

All you ever do is ridicule.

Not always. I liked one of your posts in the Music thread.

woodbuck27
01-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Not always. I liked one of your posts in the Music thread.

mraynrand....I'm going to do something for you and your membership @ Packerrats.

I'm placing you and your hateful attitude on IGNORE.

Now ......

It would be simply madness for you to continue your 'witch hunt' and woodbuck27.

If you keep it up I'll make an obvious prediction and your near future. Your going to receive a rest from Packerrats....possibly banned for a long period or worse.......... banned for good good.

You need Packerrats to serve your agendas. Won't an action against you ............hamper that need?

Your existing here on thin ice mraynrand.

You've received a WARNING 'just recently'. If I were you I'd clean my act up......yesterday.You cannot go on with you sick stalking and over the top consistent bullying and survive as a member here. That's not cool for the membership in general. I TRUST you know that mraynrand..

You always post that if you were 'in fact banned' that would serve your life best. I must therefore assume your testing the waters for that end of you at Packerrats. Whatever floats your boat

Knowing your extremism for the negative; your about to be served your wish mraynrand.

There is another option myanrand

It involves .....thinking.... and cleaning up your silly act that's way too overtired here.

Pugger
01-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Not necessarily. TT is always thinking ahead. Sitton, Lang, Bakh and Tretter are all UFA's following next season. And Bulaga always misses games. Offensive line depth is an issue.

Go back and read my post again. I said Ted might not see a need for a TACKLE. It probably won't hurt to get a guard for depth tho. Unless a stud guard falls to #27 I suspect we'll get one later on. Ted drafted both Sitton and Lang in the 4th.

Joemailman
01-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Go back and read my post again. I said Ted might not see a need for a TACKLE. It probably won't hurt to get a guard for depth tho. Unless a stud guard falls to #27 I suspect we'll get one later on. Ted drafted both Sitton and Lang in the 4th.

The thing is though TT mostly drafts Tackles. Then he lets the coaching staff sort them out. Linsley was the recent exception. Tretter, Lang, Bakhtiari and Bulaga all played Tackle in college. Sitton I think played both.

Besides, you can't assume Tretter will be back after 2016. If the Packers don't want to pay him starter money, there's a good chance someone will.

mraynrand
01-22-2016, 10:26 PM
mraynrand....I'm going to do something for you and your membership @ Packerrats.

I'm placing you and your hateful attitude on IGNORE..

Are you saying all I had to do was give you a compliment to get put on 'ignore?' Hell, I shoulda thought of that a long time ago. :)

Scott Campbell
01-23-2016, 12:09 AM
How bout a 2-fer?

Joemailman
01-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Peppers going to Pro Bowl replacing Von Miller.

KYPack
01-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Fritz, thx fer the compliment, mostly for the excellent thread startin' post. Back at you for one of your posts during the season. The post you made after the Lion game was a classic. The ball game was a hoot, then to read the account by our De Twa correspondent was a real kick in the ass.

Last year we got two hail Marys, but still just went home with the newspaper!

One thing I was encouraged about was Brett Hundley. I think that kid has the stuff. I've been uptight about back-up QB for years and I think the kid from UCLA has makings of a future QB.

Patler
01-25-2016, 12:38 PM
One thing I was encouraged about was Brett Hundley. I think that kid has the stuff. I've been uptight about back-up QB for years and I think the kid from UCLA has makings of a future QB.

Assuming he has what it takes, will it be in GB in 2019, or somewhere else? I hope this will be as interesting of a story the next three years as I think it could be.

I found a lot of the young players to be very interesting. The three rookie cornerbacks for sure. I think Pennell made tremendous progress and could have an interesting future with his combination of size and strength. It was good to see Tretter get past his injury issues and make positive contributions. The training camp battle at center next year could be very interesting.

woodbuck27
01-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Peppers going to Pro Bowl replacing Von Miller.

Great for him and like former Packers Brett Favre and Charles Woodson still able as.... well ....an old guy in the NFL.

He had a good year again....with what around 10 QB SACKS.

I really havn't checked how well CM II did in that category. I'd expect to see something very SPECIAL the way he's so handsomely paid.

It's too easy to see on that note.and huge contracts for the gifted Packers. Good GRIEF !

TT's Mega Contracts for Aaron Rodgers and CM III I are going to bite him HARD :bang: in the arse.

Joemailman
01-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Great for him and like former Packers Brett Favre and Charles Woodson still able as.... well ....an old guy in the NFL.

He had a good year again....with what around 10 QB SACKS.

I really havn't checked how well CM II did in that category. I'd expect to see something very SPECIAL the way he's so handsomely paid.

It's too easy to see on that note.and huge contracts for the gifted Packers. Good GRIEF !

TT's Mega Contracts for Aaron Rodgers and CM III I are going to bite him HARD :bang: in the arse.

Clay had 6.5 sacks. That's not bad considering how much they have him dropping into coverage because of the limitations of the other ILB's.

His and Rodgers' contracts are okay. Rodgers is the highest paid QB, but barely. There are 9 QB's averaging between 20-22 million. Clay's contract puts him in the top 5 of OLB's. That's reasonable. It's not his fault they've had to take him away from his natural position.

Pugger
01-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Clay had 6.5 sacks. That's not bad considering how much they have him dropping into coverage because of the limitations of the other ILB's.

His and Rodgers' contracts are okay. Rodgers is the highest paid QB, but barely. There are 9 QB's averaging between 20-22 million. Clay's contract puts him in the top 5 of OLB's. That's reasonable. It's not his fault they've had to take him away from his natural position.

And Mike has said he wants to move Clay back outside.

Scott Campbell
01-25-2016, 05:27 PM
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12417702_934844826593187_7727527853896297746_n.jpg ?oh=752abfd9299fb201f0f1a246d10b433b&oe=574090C0

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 12:04 PM
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12417702_934844826593187_7727527853896297746_n.jpg ?oh=752abfd9299fb201f0f1a246d10b433b&oe=574090C0

I missed you Scott NOT being around.

Your (self appointed) ....stand in here....... needs a lot of work.

I'm thinking of the words:

Short

load

full

bricks

This fella is seriously challenged I expect to eat without biting his tongue. :-|

Always .........................that yap.

mraynrand
01-28-2016, 12:39 PM
I missed you Scott NOT being around.

Your (self appointed) ....stand in here....... needs a lot of work.

I'm thinking of the words:

Short

load

full

bricks

This fella is seriously challenged I expect to eat without biting his tongue. :-|

Always .........................that yap.

stop stalking him

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 01:04 PM
stop stalking him

Your like most yappers that sit at my Poker table.

I own them. :duel:

Their $$$$ >>> my pocket.

mraynrand
01-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Their $$$$ >>> my pocket.

I believe you

Fritz
01-28-2016, 04:31 PM
Woody never studied those higher-level math symbols in 6th grade.