PDA

View Full Version : TN. Game - Punt returns

Kiwon
09-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I just listened to a radio replay of the Tennessee game (can't see the games here in Korea). I had been impressed with the punting average of Jon Ryan, but I was shocked at the long punt returns by the Titans.

What was going on? Was Ryan out-kicking the coverage or were the Packer defenders just playing poorly (bad angles, bad tackling, etc.).

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 08:28 AM
What was going on? Was Ryan out-kicking the coverage or were the Packer defenders just playing poorly (bad angles, bad tackling, etc.).

Yes.

MasonCrosby
09-03-2006, 09:15 AM
ryan was out-kicking, but it didn't seem that much of a big problem, maybe he can learn to let his kicks hang a bit longer. Everyone else could not tackle the return man, which seemed to me to be a much bigger problem..

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 10:17 AM
The starters played one series--except for Spitz and Moll. Many of the starters on special teams (Hawk, Henderson, Taylor, etc.) were out. I wouldn't worry about it much.

mmmdk
09-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Jon Ryan is a keeper, a possible 2006 Packer MVP :wink:

MasonCrosby
09-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Jon Ryan is a keeper, a possible 2006 Packer MVP :wink:

oh yeah..it's so nice to watch him blast 69 yard punts as opposed to bj sanders little bloopers...

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Like I've said. We just need faster punt coverage to keep up with him. Nice problem to have for once.

FritzDontBlitz
09-03-2006, 11:14 AM
there was a gunner in position to make the tackle on all off jon ryan's punts, they were just terrible at covering.

if the gunners were any good they could have nailed pac-man jones inside his own 5 on at least one of ryan's 69 yard punts....

Fritz
09-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Look, there are going to be some growing pains with Ryan, and with Rayner, but both can develop into excellent playrs.

Homer Jay
09-03-2006, 02:50 PM
The starters played one series--except for Spitz and Moll. Many of the starters on special teams (Hawk, Henderson, Taylor, etc.) were out. I wouldn't worry about it much.

I agree. The special teams should be better simply because they won't be manned by guys whose only chance to make the team was on special teams, and couldn't do it. If Ryan can get more consistent with his hang times they will easily beat the 34 net yards from Sanders last year.