PDA

View Full Version : La Loche, Sask., Canada... Shooting Victims: 4 lives cut short.. Why!?

woodbuck27
01-24-2016, 07:29 AM
La Loche shooting victims: 4 lives cut short.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/la-loche-shooting-victims-4-195200835.html

" Two educators who had just begun their careers and two teenagers who had their lives ahead of them were gunned down Friday in La Loche, Sask., where a 17-year-old is in custody facing four charges of first-degree murder."

woodbuck27:

Who or what may explain such madness !? This horrific stuff seems all the more prevalent in our society in these days when it should be obvious we all simply need to muster some compassion, caring ....a better sense of love for one another... PEACE and HARMONY.

As a member here I reach out for some help in understandin such terrible behaviour. I 'm at a loss as to what to do except as I've done in this thread ...inform y'all.

My name is Ed......I'm a friend

SkinBasket
01-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Micheal Moore told me they don't have guns in Canada.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Why do you change your font so that it takes a fucking microscope to read the fucking thing? Sweet fucking Christ stop fucking with the font like you're some grade school kid trying to impress his one titted teacher

woodbuck27
01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Why do you change your font so that it takes a fucking microscope to read the fucking thing? Sweet fucking Christ stop fucking with the font like you're some grade school kid trying to impress his one titted teacher

The font reads just fine here .

See an eye doctor.

maybe....ahh never........and manners.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Don't be thick

woodbuck27
01-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Don't be thick

Look in the mirror Deputy.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2016, 10:25 AM
As an individual here, you are free to express yourself anyway you want, but why take the time if you cause people strain to read your efforts?

woodbuck27
01-25-2016, 01:57 PM
As an individual here, you are free to express yourself anyway you want, but why take the time if you cause people strain to read your efforts?

It reads fine.

Increase your font size ........if if if if if needed.

It's a simple puter operation.

your wee child may help you get there Deputy.

Good Luck !

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Now, why was that so hard? Its like you are trying to write secret code or something and using different font size and color are your only way to do it.

mraynrand
01-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Don't be thick

Look in the mirror Deputy.

Now, why was that so hard?

http://3tig6l1jk542ohu6241qxor1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SE_Cupp-2.png

woodbuck27
01-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Now, why was that so hard? Its like you are trying to write secret code or something and using different font size and color are your only way to do it.

I'm simply attempting to inform you it reads just fine on my end.

All the same thanks for the input....I try to post in sizes 1 and 2.

My View settings are at 150 % or 175 %.....to read and/or post.

Again.......thanks for caring Deputy. :-)

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 03:02 PM
So your stupid computer just posts your crap in stupid font sizes and a rainbow of putrid colors?

take some ownership of your stupidity

woodbuck27
01-26-2016, 03:36 PM
Deputy:

Your a teacher. I've been a teacher as just one thing I did in my lifetime.

Does a report like this have any impact on you (your peers). Do you and the staff at your school discuss tragedies like this and do you have a contingency plan in place at your school if such a tragedy goes down?

woodbuck27
01-26-2016, 03:43 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/la-loche-shooting-charges-1.3416918

La Loche, Sask., shootings: Male, 17, charged with 4 counts of 1st-degree murder

Teachers Marie Janvier and Adam Wood, and brothers Dayne and Drayden Fontaine were killed in Friday's shooting

CBC News Posted: Jan 23, 2016 9:02 AM CT| Last Updated: Jan 24, 2016 9:58 AM CT

"The whole of La Loche is shaken. Every individual in La Loche has been wounded by this event," said Kevin Janvier, the community's acting mayor. "These emotional and mental wounds ... will take years to heal."

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Deputy:

Your a teacher. I've been a teacher as just one thing I did in my lifetime.

Does a report like this have any impact on you (your peers). Do you and the staff at your school discuss tragedies like this and do you have a contingency plan in place at your school if such a tragedy goes down?

We have emergency plans in place.

Does it have an impact on me? No. Needle in a hay stack in terms of when or where it happens. No different if you worked in a bank or a fast food restaurant or a gas station.

We don't discuss it as a staff, but like I said we just had a PD spent on it.

SkinBasket
01-27-2016, 08:06 AM
I would tell the students to pile themselves at the door while I jumped out the window.

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 08:40 AM
I would tell the students to pile themselves at the door while I jumped out the window.

So you were one of the students at VA tech....

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2016, 08:54 AM

I don't have any windows. The nice thing is that we have doors made of real solid wood, and only a very small window. Once locked and against a wall facing away from the window we all are pretty safe. I guess I would still throw some desks or whatever in front of the door.

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2016, 08:55 AM
So you were one of the students at VA tech....

There is some pretty heavy interviews about this shooting. About how people that tried to hide under their desks in a classroom that was left unlocked. It didn't turn out so well for them.

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 09:09 AM
There is some pretty heavy interviews about this shooting. About how people that tried to hide under their desks in a classroom that was left unlocked. It didn't turn out so well for them.

The story that I'll never forget is that of the septuagenarian holocaust survivor Liviu Librescu who tried to block a door while the young men pushed their way past women on their way to the windows.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/apr/18/nation/na-heroes18

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 11:51 AM
So your stupid computer just posts your crap in stupid font sizes and a rainbow of putrid colors?

take some ownership of your stupidity

Ohh Boy...Your in need of some attention Deputy:

Your obvious frustration is a concern to me. I desire the promotion of good will amongst the general membership here. I'm a TEAM PLAY. I'm after a decade and observing you certainly aware of your sensitivity's.

I know my boundaries and YOU. All the same....... I desire to help and reach a compromise.

I post with the size and style of font and use color as part of my personality Deputy. It's not designed to shake up your possibly over sensitive world. It's merely a style of posting. . . . woodbuck27's style. ALL MINE !

Aiming or endeavouring a win win situation.....and most often in reality and otherwise known as compromise. :idea:

As a leader who always searches for ' the BEST '. I discovered a certain approach and any conflict or issue of concern between parties. Maybe simply try this out Deputy:

If that style of posting I use in terms of font size and or color of text disturbs you. I've a suggestion that takes mere seconds to compensate for your needs (your obvious sensitivity) and any of my posts:. Copy and paste any of my posts on say ...... ie try Microsoft Note Pad or I find this better try Word Pad

Personally Deputy....I like Microsoft's Word Pad' as a higher functioning writing tool.

Your now likely and already aware of these tools yet sometimes we neglect the advantages of all we have.
Otherwise I feel a concern for you:

Ohh Yea....your demeanor and the post I'm responding to:

PLEASE. .calm down. A a teacher you must have been taught never to call anyone out as stupid. Do you get like that normally Deputy. Ask yourself that ?

Respond according to yourself. Otherwise I've got alligator skin and 'YOU' Deputy.

I'm grateful after seeing you post over a decade that you .......'only' exist here and me.
Try to be constructive without demeaning and name calling. That's posting in a certain poor taste Deputy.

After all ..........your a Teacher in and I assume this much....a Public School System.

A good Teacher NEVER loses control man.

My name is Ed.

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2016, 12:40 PM
All I could read was, "My name is Ed."

Sorry

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2016, 12:45 PM
The story that I'll never forget is that of the septuagenarian holocaust survivor Liviu Librescu who tried to block a door while the young men pushed their way past women on their way to the windows.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/apr/18/nation/na-heroes18

So we actually receive training on all this now, which I find fascinating and without going all Wist on ya I just find it all fascinating! They basically tell you that if you try to run and hide you are asking to die. They want everyone to fight back if cornered instead of hiding under tables or desks. Playing dead also doesn't work as the killer at Va Tech was pumping laying bodies full of lead.

3irty1
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Woody,

The forum software is a bit dated and none of the formatting is in relative units or responsive to individual browser settings. Setting your font size to 1 sets the font to 8pt. Most browsers have a default font size equivalent to size 3 which is why our unformated posts are in a larger typeface. Combined with the Christmas colors against a white background and increased number of people viewing on phones, you should know that Nutz's experience is the norm. We could all crank the zoom on our browsers like you have, but we're not going to.

The lone upside of your unreadable microfont is it makes scrolling to the next post much easier.

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 04:31 PM
So we actually receive training on all this now, which I find fascinating and without going all Wist on ya I just find it all fascinating! They basically tell you that if you try to run and hide you are asking to die. They want everyone to fight back if cornered instead of hiding under tables or desks. Playing dead also doesn't work as the killer at Va Tech was pumping laying bodies full of lead.

I actually got reprimanded for three years in a row at my institution for arguing that I wasn't going to run or hide, I was going to confront. "Oh, no, that is the worst thing you can do Mraynrand!" Answer the question correctly, or you won't pass your 'active shooter' test. I did not answer correctly. Last year they changed the answers and now allow confrontation, but caution only to do so if running and hiding are ineffective. I think the instructors didn't like my idea of throwing a bottle of concentrated glacial acetic acid at an active shooter either, to be honest. Probably because then it would not be properly housed in a leak-proof secondary container and we would be reprimanded by OSHA - if we survived the multiple head shots, that is.

3irty1
01-27-2016, 04:39 PM
After you guys beat up and acid your respective bad guys to death do us a solid and grind off the serial number on their gun and cut down the barrel. Its only a preventable tragedy if the weapon is legal you see.

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 04:44 PM
After you guys beat up and acid your respective bad guys to death do us a solid and grind off the serial number on their gun and cut down the barrel. Its only a preventable tragedy if the weapon is legal you see.

Sorry, no. OSHA requires filling out six forms to acquire a file and another six for a metal cutting blade. Plus the required dual biometric lock on the equipment safe would use up half my grant.

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Woody,

The forum software is a bit dated and none of the formatting is in relative units or responsive to individual browser settings. Setting your font size to 1 sets the font to 8pt. Most browsers have a default font size equivalent to size 3 which is why our unformated posts are in a larger typeface. Combined with the Christmas colors against a white background and increased number of people viewing on phones, you should know that Nutz's experience is the norm. We could all crank the zoom on our browsers like you have, but we're not going to.

The lone upside of your unreadable microfont is it makes scrolling to the next post much easier.

OK..I'm trying to understand. OK..Not be difficult. My posts look OK at my puter. For those members that hate text and color. It sucks to be you; I like color......

I generally use Green (Packers) and what looks like magenta (purplish red) out of respect for all Packerrats that hate the Vikings LOL I try to avoid the use of purple ..I do use it on occasion. I more readily in a choice of purple or blue. . . . . chose blue

A) Copy and pasted.....standard Font .... Black:

Woody and Bolded : Woody

B) Copy and pasted.....Font size 1 ..... Color Green:

C) Copy and pasted.....Font size 2 ......Color Magenta :

Woody andBolded : Woody

D) Copy and pasted.....Font size 3..... Color ..... Blue :

E) Copy and pasted..... Font size 4...... Color ..... Green:

Woody and Bolded:Woody

F) Copy and paste ..... Font size 5..... Color..... Dark Magenta :

Woody and Bolded:Woody

A Question For Feedback Please

Of the Examples I laid out in this post.

Which of these in Samples B) or Font Size1 through F) or Font Size 5...........cannot be easily read?

I appreciate your help/assistance in my understanding of this matter for reference in the future .............Thank You, Ed

HowardRoark
01-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Which of these in Samples B) or Font Size1 through F) or Font Size 5...........cannot be easily read?

Read....as in comprehended?

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Read....as in comprehended?

No.... Read as in readability. or Which size fonts are difficult to read and RE: The Forums Software as per 3Dirty1's Post to me: at Post No. 14 of this thread.

HowadRoark:

I don't need any of your piling on BS and this matter. Your nothing generally in my view ...that's NOT TROUBLE.

Confusing....HowardRoark?

Your a lot like mraynrand and Skinbasket with little to add that's meaningful to me and this matter. Do you fellas have meetings wearing white hoods in some rather remote setting well after dark and in the presence of 'burning cross's?

I'm doing my utmost to understand and remedy this issue. I'll get there faster without you running your normal BS interference. Got it Mister !?:idea:

Have . You . Got . It . Got . it !?........HowardRoark?

If NOT...I'll cut to the chase:

Butt out please... How does that read. Can you comprehend this?

I don't want a response from you Thanks HowardRoark.

Now to the matter of the Issue:

3Dirty1 if you may: Which of the following reads OK Thanks

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water... normal

A) Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...Size 1

B) Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...Size 2

C)Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...Size 3

D)Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...Size 4

E)Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...Size 5

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 06:53 PM
No.... Read as in readability.

B) Woodbuck and Scott Campbell went up to Packerrats to fight over font size...

Either of those sizes are readable.

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 07:12 PM

Where did you get all that class Deputy?

I'm trying right here and now to appease you. To demonstrate some genuine class.

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 07:15 PM
mraynrand....your being IGNORED.

I don't see how your Personality Disorder can do anything but conflict the issue.

Otherwise .......I feel sad for you.

Striker
01-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Terrible to hear about the shooting.

Striker
01-27-2016, 07:25 PM
As for the hijacking of the thread - I generally skip woodbuck's posts because of his disjointed posting style.

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Terrible to hear about the shooting.

Yes it is and this is why I started the thread.

Yes this thread as most over here get to where the likes of mraynrand take it:

It often gets hijacked.

I feel badly that you judge my posts as .....disjointed. It's OK...I accept your criticism.

I put a lot into my efforts here at Packerrats.

I try to make a positive contribution to my Green Bay Packer home. I don't endeavor to please everyone.

That would be extremely frustrating, LOL. :cnf:

HowardRoark
01-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Skin, Rand and I just got back from our nightly cross burning and the discussion revolved around the important issue of the day and we decided that magenta in size 3 works best. I voted for brunette in size 4, but was outvoted.

HowardRoark
01-27-2016, 08:06 PM
I feel badly

Don't your fingers work?

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Skin, Rand and I just got back from our nightly cross burning and the discussion revolved around the important issue of the day and we decided that magenta in size 3 works best. I voted for brunette in size 4, but was outvoted.

Kate is blonde, size 2.

SkinBasket
01-28-2016, 07:25 AM
I just ate one of those little oranges and it wasn't too bad.

SkinBasket
01-28-2016, 07:47 AM
Sounds legit:

http://instructions.tips/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/lose-weight.jpg

Weight Loss Drink – RECIPE:

Ingredients:

125 grams of horseradish
3 lemons (before you use them, you need to place them in a container filled with water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar for 10 minutes – to wash away the pesticides)
3 tablespoons of honey

Directions:

Put the horseradish into a blender and blend well. Then, cut the lemons in slices (unpeeled), remove the lemon seeds and add them into the blender. Mix again until you get nice and homogenous mixture. Then, add the 3 tablespoons of honey and mix everything again. Note:make sure you keep this mixture in a glass jar and store it in the fridge.

Directions:

You need to drink 1 tsp. of this homemade mixture, 2 times every day, for 3 weeks.

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 08:42 AM

Dear Deputy 'Teacher-Teacher' Nutz:

Can you see the test RE: is it large enough or to large or too small to suit you?

Size = 1 ... and the Color... Unofficially... 'Green Bay Packer' GREEN.

HowardRoark: Your response. . . . . . I certainly appreciate your candor. Thanks !

Now that post is good...as a Maritimer and a Irish Canadian.....it's content is something I can well appreciate. I truly appreciate intelligent humor. Maybe your post.... contains too much information and that at a future cost to you HowardRoark. Ahh shit....no sense in any attempt at a warning and 'the GROUP' all black errrr Dark) all CAPs.

Humour.

One... may laugh or cry. I laugh at you fellas a lot. There might even be something of REAL Help in your post. Nah ! Why?

I seldom use size 3.

Your post begs for more of a response:

'll toss this out there so I may inform others (without any real fascination 'of course) of my knowledge and 'limited' association with Clan members; and if I may be so bold.:

I'm wondering HowardRoark....Doesn't the Clan abide by any secrecy rules? Do you fellas hang your own?

So..... the Clan is well and active in your locale. That's too sad yet understandable in these days and times. Anything pretty much fricked up and totally wrong to backwards today hit's the mark.....plays. Strength to all of us that use it to inform and grow.

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 09:03 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/la-loche-marie-janvier-vigils-1.3421573

La Loche shooting victim Marie Janvier remembered during roadside vigils

Residents of northern Saskatchewan communities pay their respects

By Matt Kruchak, CBC News

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 5:49 AM CT| Last Updated: Jan 27, 2016 11:33 AM CT

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
I don't get why you have to mess with the font in the first place.

When you shrink the font and then add a bunch of colors to it, it makes your thoughts really hard to read.

As a teacher, if a student handed me a paper with multiple font sizes and colors I would be disappointed in their efforts.

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't get why you have to mess with the font in the first place.

When you shrink the font and then add a bunch of colors to it, it makes your thoughts really hard to read.

As a teacher, if a student handed me a paper with multiple font sizes and colors I would be disappointed in their efforts.

How does this post look to you teacher?

OK I'll be more cognizant of your advice and me and one font size...and color. To remain in that as a constant might not meet my needs to illustrate and inform.

I have an artistic mind Deputy. I've never been what anyone might describe as ordinary.

I can do both ... low and high profile depended on the need or advantage in any of my palate of pursuits.

I'm a poet. I have a good sense of humour and laugh best at myself. I don't always take myself too seriously as I'm always learning. I thirst for more knowledge. :-)

By the way...I've been published and received meritous credit for my writing skills at the University level.

I write as poorly as my neglect to edit. On those occasions when I do neglect to do so. I feel I should have done better. I try to clean up.

If this was a class room I'd certainly comply with what you as the teacher asked of me. That withstanding I certainly want most of what I write to be more or less valued; without the naivety and expected non-prejudice. I'm a Canuck on an American Football forum. I'll have to s deal with all sorts and manners of general misfits in what I might deem as hopefully...... a co-operative easy going laissez faire setting.

Again........Deputy... How does this post look to you teacher?

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2016, 02:05 PM
Thank you,

Your post looks fine and readable.

woodbuck27
01-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Thank you,

Your post looks fine and readable.

OK then. I used the normal font in that post.

Thank You Deputy. :-)