PDA

View Full Version : Tony Horton to train Eddie Lacy?

Patler
01-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Supposedly he offered, and "Lacy's people" are in discussions with him.

Horton emphasized he will work WITH the Packers staff.

http://fox6now.com/2016/01/25/after-coach-mccarthy-criticizes-eddie-lacys-weight-tmz-says-tony-horton-could-train-him/

Now, Lacy’s people have confirmed the two sides have touched base, but there is no official agreement at this point.

According to TMZ, Horton says he doesn’t want to undermine Green Bay’s training plan for Lacy — but instead, he wants to work WITH the team to get Lacy where he needs to be.

“The Packers will get him ready for the season. My job will be to get the weight off and help him eat better,” Horton told TMZ.

Joemailman
01-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Perfect.

woodbuck27
01-27-2016, 07:25 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Horton_(personal_trainer)

Tony Horton (personal trainer)

I hope this is acceptable for all parties involved and we see an enormous season 'next' for Eddie Lacy.

The Packers 'O' needs so much more from Eddie Lacy.

pbmax
01-27-2016, 07:39 PM
This just screams of marketing stunt.

Joemailman
01-27-2016, 07:57 PM

Fine. If he gets Lacy in shape, I have no problem with him turning it into a commercial. Before and after pictures. All that.

Patler
01-27-2016, 08:00 PM

We can hope, can't we? It IS the off season, after all. :)

(Do you think maybe Horton's sales are down in WI and the UP?)

HowardRoark
01-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Isn't that a donut shop in Canada?

Patler
01-27-2016, 08:23 PM

:)
... and a good one at that! They also make (or at least did make 15 years ago) a great chili. You can get their coffee in K-cups for Keurigs, if you are a Tim Horton's fan.

Joemailman
01-27-2016, 09:09 PM

Oh-oh. Did Lacy contact the wrong Horton by accident?

KYPack
01-27-2016, 10:31 PM
The Bama Hammer doesn't need a beach body. You have to be very disciplined and focused when you cut weight.

Iron Head Heyward and Jerome Bettis were two hefty boys who used their flubby bellies as part of their arsenal when they were gaining tough yardage. They'd sling their ample guts in the right direction and use that flub to pull 'em along.

Eddie needs to gain muscle and workout to regain his quickness. Get steppin' and be quicker, but keep that pot bellied tank.

It's stylish.

mraynrand
01-27-2016, 10:34 PM
At least Tony Horton is better than Dr. Oz.

Joemailman
01-28-2016, 06:28 AM
The Bama Hammer doesn't need a beach body. You have to be very disciplined and focused when you cut weight.

Iron Head Heyward and Jerome Bettis were two hefty boys who used their flubby bellies as part of their arsenal when they were gaining tough yardage. They'd sling their ample guts in the right direction and use that flub to pull 'em along.

Eddie needs to gain muscle and workout to regain his quickness. Get steppin' and be quicker, but keep that pot bellied tank.

It's stylish.

No one is expecting him to look like Adrian Peterson. But a Bettis body might not work for him either. His listed weight is 234. He needs to get back to something resembling that.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2016, 07:20 AM
I think carrying an extra 10 to 15 pounds makes all difference in Eddie Lacy's running style. He lost his explosiveness and his ability to make a hard cut at full speed and power through the hole. Some of this has to do with the ankle, but his ankle couldn't get healthy because his body was unhealthy. I don't give a shit if he looks pudgy, just be fit and regain what you once had.

MadScientist
01-28-2016, 08:04 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Horton_(personal_trainer)

Tony Horton (personal trainer)

I hope this is acceptable for all parties involved and we see an enormous season 'next' for Eddie Lacy.

The Packers 'O' needs so much more from Eddie Lacy.
We saw an enormous season from Lacy this year. I want to see an in-shape and productive season from him next year.

Bossman641
01-28-2016, 08:40 AM
I think carrying an extra 10 to 15 pounds makes all difference in Eddie Lacy's running style. He lost his explosiveness and his ability to make a hard cut at full speed and power through the hole. Some of this has to do with the ankle, but his ankle couldn't get healthy because his body was unhealthy. I don't give a shit if he looks pudgy, just be fit and regain what you once had.

Yep. Watch tape of him from his rookie and sophomore years compared to now. He didn't finish runs anywhere near the way he used to. Plus, his broken tackle numbers were way down.

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Are we off topic?

HowardRoark.....Have you never had the pleasure of visiting the Great White North? I hope that's NOT the case.

Although....from you post (Uhh !?) it doesn't seem, as if I'd get an affirmative answer.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/locations/locations.php?gclid=CJzTxcHtzMoCFYM8aQodpNwPZA

Tim Horton's Donut and Coffee and healthy meals outlets are HUGE in Canada. I mean they seem to be everywhere. If you desire a Tim Horton's whatever....it's never too far away. Isn't that the TRUTH....anyone who knows Canada? :???:

The fast food giant Burger King, recently went north of the border in acquiring Canada-based restaurant chain Tim Hortons for $11.2 billion.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Patler
01-28-2016, 10:15 AM
I've spent a lot of time and $ in Tim Horton's over the years. They began appearing in the US near Detroit 10-15 years ago, and have now spread west from there to at least Kalamazoo, where we ate at one this fall. Coffee in their US stores is different from that in the Canadian stores. I proved that to myself this fall, after stopping at several different ones in both countries.

Canada's version of Starbucks, but with a lot more donuts! Even small little towns in northern Ontario have them. Sure hope BK doesn't ruin them.

Chain is named after one of its original founders, former NHL player and Hockey Hall of Famer Tim Horton, who was killed in a traffic accident at the end of a very, very long NHL career. I remember when he died.

Tony Oday
01-28-2016, 10:24 AM
I thought it was the doughnut shop too...I think he did that last off-season or was that the OCB Training Regime?

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 11:57 AM
:)
... and a good one at that! They also make (or at least did make 15 years ago) a great chili. You can get their coffee in K-cups for Keurigs, if you are a Tim Horton's fan.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/locations/locations.php?q_loc=Wasaga+Beach%2C+ON%2C+Canada&q_rad=50&q_dt=on

Patler. Excellent Coff and special Drinks ...awesome Donut Varieties..Very good clean healthy meals...affordable...veru convenient.

Too many Tim Cups abound as litter.

If your a Canadian and never had anything ever from Tim Hortons....you might bark. :whaa:

Patler
01-28-2016, 12:09 PM
http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/locations/locations.php?q_loc=Wasaga+Beach%2C+ON%2C+Canada&q_rad=50&q_dt=on

Patler. Excellent Coff and special Drinks ...awesome Donut Varieties..Very good clean healthy meals...affordable...veru convenient.

Yup, had coffee a couple times at the Tim Horton's in Wasaga Beach and others on the way to and from WB.

Meals are healthy, as long as you don't finish it with a donut or three! (Not that I would ever do that! ;-):whist:)

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Yup, had coffee a couple times at the Tim Horton's in Wasaga Beach and others on the way to and from WB.

Meals are healthy, as long as you don't finish it with a donut or three! (Not that I would ever do that! ;-):whist:)

If you ever want a sugar rush on the $cheap$...Try the package of 20 Tim Bits.

Go for the chocolate and glaze varieties. Try and stop @ Five.

The French Vanilla medium Coffee and Ice Caps are delicious. Before doing so:

Ask yourself if your a diabetic Packer fan?

Patler
01-28-2016, 12:32 PM
If you ever want a sugar rush on the $cheap$...Try the package of 20 Tim Bits.

Go for the chocolate and glaze varieties. Try and stop @ Five.

The French Vanilla medium Coffee and Ice Caps are delicious. Before doing so:

Ask yourself if your a diabetic Packer fan?

I'm partial to the boston cremes and any of their maple glazed varieties.
My wife always buys a cruller, and pouts if they are out of them! :)

mraynrand
01-28-2016, 12:35 PM
This is compelling stuff here, guys.

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 12:42 PM

As I've traveled Canada...I've seldom gone a day without looking for the Tim's Sign.....asking for directions is seldom necessary.

You can almost smell the good flavoured coffee.

but.........Patler?

What's a Cruller ?

Google....Help !? ....... LOL

Patler
01-28-2016, 12:43 PM
This is compelling stuff here, guys.

Hey, its the off season.
Besides, frankly speaking, donuts, or more accurately bags of them have long been associated with winters and Green Bay.

mraynrand
01-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Hey, its the off season.
Besides, frankly speaking, donuts, or more accurately bags of them have long been associated with winters and Green Bay.

well played, sir.

Patler
01-28-2016, 12:49 PM
but.........Patler?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

What's a Cruller ?

She likes the glazed ones:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuNU_5wRgbIRK0MHRytxB4FiNJathKD 3mspdTbyM7-Dghcgh1hUXlcC58

woodbuck27
01-28-2016, 01:00 PM
She likes the glazed ones:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuNU_5wRgbIRK0MHRytxB4FiNJathKD 3mspdTbyM7-Dghcgh1hUXlcC58

Right....That's another Double-Double.

Reminds me of the movie TWISTER.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pXvSCQqOGrQ/UmdNi5RiRBI/AAAAAAAAodg/ku7KvmJSTA4/s1600/Twister+Checkers+with+Cow.jpg

Bossman641
01-28-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't car if Richard Simmons trains him as long as SOMEONE is training him

pbmax
01-28-2016, 03:18 PM
I don't car if Richard Simmons trains him as long as SOMEONE is training him

Guy Fieri?

Fritz
01-28-2016, 03:50 PM
I've spent a lot of time and $ in Tim Horton's over the years. They began appearing in the US near Detroit 10-15 years ago, and have now spread west from there to at least Kalamazoo, where we ate at one this fall. Coffee in their US stores is different from that in the Canadian stores. I proved that to myself this fall, after stopping at several different ones in both countries.

Canada's version of Starbucks, but with a lot more donuts! Even small little towns in northern Ontario have them. Sure hope BK doesn't ruin them.

Chain is named after one of its original founders, former NHL player and Hockey Hall of Famer Tim Horton, who was killed in a traffic accident at the end of a very, very long NHL career. I remember when he died.

TIMMY HO'S, BABY!!!

KYPack
01-28-2016, 04:18 PM
A Tim Horton Cruller is on topic no matter what the thread title. The greatest doughnut ever made, Baby. I live South of the Ohio river. It's basically the northern most part of the South. The donut shops down here call a Cruller a Virginia Reel. Because these people down here are fucked up. I got a local donut joint that has Virginia reels. EVERY time I buy a bag, I bust their chops about not knowing the right name of a Cruller. They all laugh bc the one redeeming feature of the people down here is they know they are goofy.

Eddy is at a crucial point in his career. He must be intelligent about his training. Lose some of the weight, but work the shit out of your hammies and quads. Get your weight close to what it needs to, then let the pre-season work get you to a fine point. No sense being game ready by the end of June. He does have to start cutting the pounds now. He was a fat 'lil hog last year

Fritz
01-28-2016, 04:29 PM
Eddie needs to at least finish those long runs.