PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers recovering from knee surgery

Patler
01-29-2016, 11:01 PM
A cleanup procedure is what kept him out of pro bowl. Had it right after their playoff loss.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/367072311.html

mraynrand
01-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Rodgers, 32, had reconstructive surgery on his left knee in 2004 to repair a torn ACL. The injury was originally suffered years earlier while playing basketball in high school.

I didn't know that

Patler
01-30-2016, 07:52 AM
It was talked about when he was drafted. He played just 8-9 months after having ACL surgery.

woodbuck27
01-30-2016, 09:03 AM
A cleanup procedure is what kept him out of pro bowl. Had it right after their playoff loss.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/367072311.html

I like such toughness.

mraynrand
01-30-2016, 09:17 AM
I like such toughness.

status quo

pbmax
01-30-2016, 10:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14676202/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-had-minor-knee-surgery

It's unclear when Rodgers' knee became an issue this past season, but he was hit on his left knee by Detroit Lions defensive end Ezekiel Ansah on Nov. 15. After the game, Rodgers described the hit as "a little low" and said he was sore. The following week, the Packers listed Rodgers on the injury report, but for his shoulder, not the knee.

Teamcheez1
01-30-2016, 10:53 AM
He and Olivia need to tone it down a bit.

run pMc
01-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Would that have affected his footwork and thus his accuracy? It seems like he wasn't as accurate even in training camp.

mraynrand
01-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Would that have affected his footwork and thus his accuracy? It seems like he wasn't as accurate even in training camp.

I have wondered how much of that is a hold over from the calf injury. Some of those things take longer to fully heal than you might at first think. And of course, the Packers and Rodgers aren't likely to reveal that his calf is bothering him.

Rutnstrut
01-30-2016, 02:08 PM
I have wondered how much of that is a hold over from the calf injury. Some of those things take longer to fully heal than you might at first think. And of course, the Packers and Rodgers aren't likely to reveal that his calf is bothering him.

I really think you are on the right track here. Remember how quiet they were about the calf injury last offseason? No real progress on it or anything.

Pugger
01-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Perhaps his knee issues were a result of his calf injury? You guys are right, Aaron wasn't all that sharp in TC last summer either.

Joemailman
01-30-2016, 09:45 PM
I was a little concerned at some of his comments last spring.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-calf-no-longer-an-issue-except-athestically-052815

As organized team activities began this week, though, any pain Rodgers felt in February and March has since subsided. There is, however, a lingering effect from the injury.

"I wish my calf would come back together a little bit," Rodgers said Thursday. "It doesn't look the same. That was kind of my calling card, was having nice-looking calves. But yeah, hopefully at some point that will return fully.

"But I have no restrictions with my body. I'm feeling good. I'm at a decent weight where I want to be. It's just a matter of maintaining that and trying to be as ready as possible when the end of July hits."

Rodgers initially suffered

My impression last year was that Rodgers wasn't doing as much throwing on the run this past year as he used to, which I wonder if it had something to do with his health. It may have been partly responsible for the reduced effectiveness of Cobb who was great at getting open as Rodgers scrambled.

The question is whether we can look forward to a more healthy Rodgers in 2016, or whether he won't be quite the same player he was before the injury.

pbmax
01-31-2016, 09:58 AM
I am not saying the calf was 100%, but I am pretty sure he is making a joke there.

mraynrand
01-31-2016, 11:13 AM
I am not saying the calf was 100%, but I am pretty sure he is making a joke there.

It's one of those things where we don't know exactly what the treatment and rehabilitation was, but from his silly comment I gather that he had to rest the calf, and that it probably atrophied.

Joemailman
01-31-2016, 12:13 PM

The part about nice looking calves was a joke. But I think he was serious about the calf not looking the same as it looked before the injury. That was 4 months after the season ended. I'm not sure if it will ever be the same as it was before the injury. I don't think we can rule out the possibility that he did permanent damage by playing with the injury.

pbmax
01-31-2016, 12:47 PM
It's one of those things where we don't know exactly what the treatment and rehabilitation was, but from his silly comment I gather that he had to rest the calf, and that it probably atrophied.

There was also an interview with Wilde where he showed him the calf while flexed. It looked much different from the other calf. That is what he meant by the "doesn't look the same". The injuries (it was bad enough I think calling it a tear is most accurate) actually rearranged the muscle when the scar tissue formed.