PDA

View Full Version : Select the Packers All-Time Super Bowl Team

Patler
02-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Chance to pick a Packers all-star team based on SB performances, not based on their careers:

http://greenbaypressgazette.secondstreetapp.com/Ultimate-Championship-Super-Draft/

Easy, check the box form with candidates listed. Some interesting options to pick from:

Which QB, Starr, Favre or Rodgers?
Guard - Gillingham, Kramer, Sitton - which two do you pick? Or, do you include Timmerman?
Tackle - Skoronski, Gregg, Clifton, Bulaga, etc. Dotson was rock solid. Wilkerson has a Packerrats award named after him. Which two do you pick?
Center - some good ones here, too.
DT - they ask you to pick one. Jordan, Brown, Raji all played well.
CB - they list Woodson, but he didn't play enough to be considered; but a lot of others played very well.

Safety seems obvious, Wood and Collins both made big plays; but is it really that simple? As I recall, other than the interception for a TD, Collins didn't have his best game, so maybe one of the others should be considered? Butler perhaps? He made some big plays. Charlie Peprah played a very good game in his SB, and the team is to be selected based on SB performances, not careers. Why was Eugene Robinson left off the list?

Arguably, Don Chandler may have had the best SB performance, as not a lot was asked of the others.

Easiest pick is probably Desmond Howard as the return man.

One glaring omission - Howard Green is not listed as either a DT or DE option. Yet, as I recall, he had an outstanding game, including getting to Rothlisberger to cause the Collins interception. I don't know if I would have voted for him over the others, but I think he deserved to be listed.

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Are they basing this only on play in the Super Bowl and only Super Bowl wins?

If I remember correctly Dorsey Levens had a pretty good Super Bowl in the game they lost to Denver.

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Didn't Robinson get busted for hookers at the SB after he left the Packers? They probably didn't want him on the list because of that.

Patler
02-03-2016, 08:03 AM

If I remember correctly Dorsey Levens had a pretty good Super Bowl in the game they lost to Denver.

Seems to be only the wins, because for Favre and others they only mention their first SB.

Patler
02-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Didn't Robinson get busted for hookers at the SB after he left the Packers? They probably didn't want him on the list because of that.

Ya, he was arrested for solicitation the night before the SB when he was with the Falcons.
I wonder what all Max McGee was doing the night before his SB?

MadScientist
02-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Ya, he was arrested for solicitation the night before the SB when he was with the Falcons.
I wonder what all Max McGee was doing the night before his SB?
Proving it's not what you do, but whether you get caught.

Maxie the Taxi
02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
I wonder what all Max McGee was doing the night before his SB?I'll never tell.

mraynrand
02-03-2016, 09:25 AM

So did Freeman, except the drop. Many had him penciled in as their MVP if the Packers won.

mraynrand
02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Proving it's not what you do, but whether you get caught.

Other than the injection/antibiotics, you're pretty much right.

HarveyWallbangers
02-03-2016, 11:25 PM

Just based off how they did in Super Bowl wins? I gotta go with Rodgers. I know Starr won two Super Bowl MVPs to one for Rodgers, but they still win both of those games without Starr. (I don't know how Max McGee didn't win the Super Bowl I MVP.) The Packers don't win Super Bowl XLV without Rodgers.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2016, 07:16 AM
The Packers don't win any of their Super Bowls without Starr, Favre, and Rodgers. So I wouldn't just select Rodgers based on that point.

woodbuck27
02-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I'll never tell.

Trying to hail a cab.

woodbuck27
02-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Chance to pick a Packers all-star team based on SB performances, not based on their careers:

http://greenbaypressgazette.secondstreetapp.com/Ultimate-Championship-Super-Draft/

Easy, check the box form with candidates listed. Some interesting options to pick from:

Guard - Gillingham, Kramer, Sitton - which two do you pick? Or, do you include Timmerman?
Tackle - Skoronski, Gregg, Clifton, Bulaga, etc. Dotson was rock solid. Wilkerson has a Packerrats award named after him. Which two do you pick?
Center - some good ones here, too.
DT - they ask you to pick one. Jordan, Brown, Raji all played well.
CB - they list Woodson, but he didn't play enough to be considered; but a lot of others played very well.

Safety seems obvious, Wood and Collins both made big plays; but is it really that simple? As I recall, other than the interception for a TD, Collins didn't have his best game, so maybe one of the others should be considered? Butler perhaps? He made some big plays. Charlie Peprah played a very good game in his SB, and the team is to be selected based on SB performances, not careers. Why was Eugene Robinson left off the list?

Arguably, Don Chandler may have had the best SB performance, as not a lot was asked of the others.

Easiest pick is probably Desmond Howard as the return man.

One glaring omission - Howard Green is not listed as either a DT or DE option. Yet, as I recall, he had an outstanding game, including getting to Rothlisberger to cause the Collins interception. I don't know if I would have voted for him over the others, but I think he deserved to be listed.

woodbuck27

"Safety seems obvious, Wood and Collins both made big plays" Patler

I went with these two.

"Arguably, Don Chandler may have had the best SB performance, " Patler

He was my choice.

"Easiest pick is probably Desmond Howard as the return man." Patler

That one was easy !

I thought the choice at QB was easy also....Bart Starr was my choice.

Vince Lombardi is a LOCK for the Head Coach slot.

Good luck to any Packerrat that enters this contest.

GO PACKERS! GO PACK GO !......FOR Another Super Bowl Championship !!