PDA

View Full Version : Go Sam!!

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Packers | Gado No. 2; Herron No. 3
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 06:36:38 -0700

The Wisconsin State Journal reports Green Bay Packers RB Samkon Gado, who rushed for a team-high 582 yards and six touchdowns last season, will be the backup to starting RB Ahman Green. RB Noah Herron, also in his second season, is the third running back.

BallHawk
09-03-2006, 11:47 AM
YES! Good job Samkon!

MasonCrosby
09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
if sam works hard enough and tries hard enough to excel in this offense he could possibly become the starter if ahman green struggles (or gets hurt again)

i know samkon has the right mindset and drive to excel, now he just has to execute on the field...

ND72
09-03-2006, 11:50 AM
he doesn't "get" the zone concept...i'm personally surprised he made the team over Najeh...don't get too many hopes up, he doesn't fit the blocking scheme.

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 11:50 AM
He works extremely hard and does whatever they tell him to do. He just needs to learn to turn that overachieving brain off and run.

ND72
09-03-2006, 11:54 AM
it's seriously not that easy...zone concepts for RB's are very difficult, and if you don't have it, you just don't have it. When I played at Winona State, our best running back in my class, could never get on the field, cause he just didn't understand the zone concept. i know that's a lot different than a pro running back, but still. Ahman Green gets the zone concept, you can see the difference when he runs in it as opposed to when Najeh, or Samkon ran it. I"m just very wary of our backups to Ahman, I really think TT needs to bring in a zone running back.

Packnut
09-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Gado is brutal. We're in deep shit if this guy is playing.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Najeh got the zone scheme even worse. Gado flashed. Najeh looked like a fish out of water. Gado is 235 and runs a 4.3 40, and had more success in 1/2 season than Da Poop ever had. I'd rather have kept Gado, but I wouldn't be surprised if Da Poop has some success elsewhere. I wish him well.

ND72
09-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Harv...not to burst your bubble, but Gado ran a 4.59 40, according to the draft report a couple years ago, and reportedly ran a 4.57 when he reported to camp this year. Najeh ran a 4.58.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 12:36 PM
That's not what I read. I'll research. Have you watched the two? There's no way in hell Da Poop is faster than Gado.

ND72
09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
this is why i hate 40 times, they don't mean crap. a player can be fast going in a straight line against himself...40 yard dashes mean nothing, they are just a number. and honestly, in a zone running scheme, you will rarely see an extremely fast running back behind it...they are guys that take their time and can read the zone, not just fly through it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Okay, 4.3s was an exaggeration, but here's an article about Gado from the USA Today. I also found another article that stated ran in the 4.4s for the Patriots also. I don't know where you got your numbers, but they are either wrong or he's increased his speed since then.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2005-12-14-rookie-gado_x.htm

"The Packers brought Gado in for a workout Oct. 17. The personnel officials and coaches were won over by a 40-yard dash time of 4.43 seconds and signed Gado on the spot."

Bretsky
09-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Okay, 4.3s was an exaggeration, but here's an article about Gado from the USA Today. I also found another article that stated ran in the 4.4s for the Patriots also. I don't know where you got your numbers, but they are either wrong or he's increased his speed since then.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2005-12-14-rookie-gado_x.htm

"The Packers brought Gado in for a workout Oct. 17. The personnel officials and coaches were won over by a 40-yard dash time of 4.43 seconds and signed Gado on the spot."

ND Patlerized you Harv.

BTW, with new fantasy draft I'm back in.

B

BananaMan
09-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Samkon ran a 4.43. I remember them interviewing him after the Pittsburgh game and they asked him what his time was when he tried out, and that's exactly what he said.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 12:54 PM
ND Patlerized you Harv.

I'm not sure this is true. I think I Patlerized him. He said Gado ran a 4.57 40.
:D

We both got Patlerized.

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Where is Patler to do the Patlerizing?

Tarlam!
09-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Patler will be oh-so-proud!

Anyway, Harv, ND, you know a lot more about the game than I ever will, so this is more kool-aid coming out than knowledge!

The thing that bugs me about King Samkon and the ZBS is, that was his scheme in college. I mean, I distincly remember how pleased he said he was when Jags said he was launching this scheme.

Now, maybe that's the reason Sam rarely got on the field.

My gut tells me he'll be O.K. He's not fumbling again, is he?
My head tells me, he'll be a career back up....

digitaldean
09-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Patler will be oh-so-proud!

Anyway, Harv, ND, you know a lot more about the game than I ever will, so this is more kool-aid coming out than knowledge!

The thing that bugs me about King Samkon and the ZBS is, that was his scheme in college. I mean, I distincly remember how pleased he said he was when Jags said he was launching this scheme.

Now, maybe that's the reason Sam rarely got on the field.

My gut tells me he'll be O.K. He's not fumbling again, is he?
My head tells me, he'll be a career back up....

He hasn't been fumbling in preseason. Looked good in spots.

I think Da Poop's injury bug issues ended up doing him in. That and not being willing to move to FB probably didn't help matters either.

ND72
09-03-2006, 03:32 PM
[quote="Tarlam!"]

The thing that bugs me about King Samkon and the ZBS is, that was his scheme in college. I mean, I distincly remember how pleased he said he was when Jags said he was launching this scheme.quote]

That's the problem though...Liberty did run zones, but Samkon never was in during zone plays...in his draft bio it said, "Will not fit in a zone scheme. Was never put in game during zone calls, only power, and short yardage plays. Will not learn system." (street and smith 2005 draft guide)

Fritz
09-03-2006, 03:35 PM
"Will not learn system"?? What does that mean? Sounds like he was pouting or something, like he wouldn't eat his oatmeal. And that doesn't sound like the Gado we've heard about.

Give it a year. We'll see.

Tarlam!
09-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Yah, ND, that was my point...I guess I need to type clearer!