PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER HENRY HAS MY BLESSING

Bretsky
02-24-2016, 11:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssltYsOVmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8roJxXin-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5u...3eTUH_Vp8XKPJg

I WOULD BE ON BOARD FOR THIS

HEY LOOK.................IT"S A TE WHO CAN RUN DEEP ROUTES AND RUN AFTER THE CATCH

The Green Bay Packers Draft........HUNTER HENRY...............ROUND ONE..............2016 draft

Bretsky
02-24-2016, 11:50 PM
Overview

Three years ago, the Razorbacks were delighted to have a legacy recruit in their backyard (Little Rock), who just happened to be one of the top tight end prospects in the country. His father, Mark, played offensive tackle for Arkansas from 1988 to 1991, serving as a team captain his senior year. Hunter didn't make it to his senior year, however, choosing to enter the 2016 NFL Draft after a spectacular junior season where he won the John Mackey Award as the nation’s top tight end and garnered consensus first team All-American honors. The first-team All-SEC pick by league coaches and media had 51 catches for 739 yards and three scores on the year. This production wasn’t out of the blue, given his recruiting status and production as a sophomore (37-513, two touchdowns receiving) and a true freshman in 2013 (28-409, four scores despite fighting issues in both knees).

Analysis

Strengths Flat-*running stud as a run blocker and a big part of Arkansas' running game success. Strikes into the frame of defenders with inside hands and blocks with a wide, strong base. Able to turn outside linebackers and cornerbacks out of their run fits and sustains his blocks as long as he can. Had no drops and 51 catches this season. Able to secure contested catches and eminent hits won't scare him away from the catch. Able to work all three levels as a go-*to target. Too talented to be covered by most linebackers. Able to run a variety of routes and has no reason to leave the field.

Weaknesses Don't need much space for this section. Can get a little grabby as a run blocker and was penalized for three holding calls in 2015. Is a little upright into his breaks with rounded turns over sharp cuts. Is a little labored when adjusting his routes to traffic.

NFL Comparison Jason Witten

Bottom Line By far, the premier tight end in the 2016 draft. Henry is a big body with the athleticism to get open, the hands to finish catches in traffic and the blocking ability to help give a running game the additional kick it might be missing on the edge. Henry should come in and become a very good NFL starter.

Joemailman
02-25-2016, 05:37 AM
But is he good enough to survive the Bretsky Curse?

Zool
02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
No one is that good Joe. RIP Hunter Henry's NFL career.

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 08:31 AM
He is good, He isn't much of a blocker more an inline slot type of guy.

Patler
02-25-2016, 09:33 AM
He is good, He isn't much of a blocker more an inline slot type of guy.

I haven't seen much of him, but most of the reports I have seen have said he is a very good run blocker, with his only blocking weakness being handling quick pass rushers when pass protecting.

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 10:34 AM
From CBS

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal bulk and muscle tone for the position and is still growing into his body. Struggles to establish body position as a blocker and ends up going where the defender wants. Too easily overmatched at the point of attack, struggling to sustain or control blocks.

Grabby and wild in pass protection and has too many snaps on his film that will be penalized in the NFL.

He is a competitive blocker, but too easily overpowered at the point of attack, leading to him getting beat or penalized.

Although he's not a reliable inline blocker at this point in his development,

--Dane Brugler (1/6/16)

Also has him listed as a day 2 prospect, so take this guys opinion for about 2 cents

Patler
02-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Always interesting to see the conflicting opinions on draft prospects. From nfl.com:

Strengths Flat-*running stud as a run blocker and a big part of Arkansas' running game success. Strikes into the frame of defenders with inside hands and blocks with a wide, strong base. Able to turn outside linebackers and cornerbacks out of their run fits and sustains his blocks as long as he can. ....

Weaknesses ... Can get a little grabby as a run blocker and was penalized for three holding calls in 2015.

It makes you wonder if they are watching the same player

call_me_ishmael
02-25-2016, 11:19 AM
I cry every time that I think about OJ Howard staying at Alabama. He looks so much smoother and faster than this guy in my opinion.

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Holy Shit, take it easy.

Carolina_Packer
02-26-2016, 05:57 AM
I'm OK with the Packers going BAP at pick 27, rather than lock themselves into a player at a position of need. Aside from long-snapper, kicker and punter (OK, we need one of those too), where is there not a position of need? If there is a DT, OT, or pass rushing OLB, who are rated higher on the draft board than Henry, you take the higher rated player. If Henry fits at 27 according to the draft board, then I'm fine with it. Pick three to five similarly rated players that you figure are near 27 and then be ready for whichever of those players are available when the Packers pick at #27, whether Henry is in that group or not.

woodbuck27
03-29-2016, 02:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648499/article/scout-hunter-henry-is-drafts-most-complete-tight-end-in-years

Scout: Hunter Henry is draft's most complete tight end in years

By Chase Goodbread ... College Football 24/7 writer

Published: March 28, 2016 at 04:25 p.m. Updated: March 28, 2016 at 05:29 p.m.

" ...Hunter Henry is regarded as the top tight end in the 2016 NFL Draft, but he also stacks up well with the best tight ends from recent drafts.

"He's the most complete tight end to come out in years. He's a legitimate first-round pick," an NFL scout told New Jersey Advance Media. "You have had so many tight ends who were nothing more than big wide receivers. This kid is a complete tight end. He can catch, he can run and he can block." ..."

999+ Likes | 73 Comments

Pugger
03-29-2016, 06:11 PM
He is the best TE prospect in this draft so somebody will most likely take him in the 1st. If he is there in the 2nd Ted might take him even tho we just signed Cook.

Joemailman
03-29-2016, 10:22 PM
He is the best TE prospect in this draft so somebody will most likely take him in the 1st. If he is there in the 2nd Ted might take him even tho we just signed Cook.

I'm not sure he goes in the 1st. But I doubt he'd be there when TT picks in the 2nd. TT would take him if he was there though.

woodbuck27
03-31-2016, 10:27 PM

TT might trade down in the first for a high second and then nab Hunter Henry.

It looks to me like he'll go high 2nd round.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648219/article/fiveround-mock-50-cowboys-pluck-myles-jack-derrick-henry

ROUND 2:

35. San Diego Chargers: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

Patler
04-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Interesting comment from Greg Gabriel about Hunter Henry:

At Indy he only did 13 reps of 225 which is poor for the position. He came back 3 weeks later to do 21 reps at his pro day. In all honesty, in over 30 years of doing this work I have never seen a player improve by eight reps in three weeks. Three or four reps maybe but not eight. Something is wrong with this equation.

Maxie the Taxi
04-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Hunter Henry would be a waste of a Packer draft choice.

pbmax
04-18-2016, 08:19 AM

I wonder if anyone has any data to back this guy up?

Fritz
04-18-2016, 12:16 PM
I wonder if anyone has any data to back this guy up?

if this story is substantiated, then does it mean a sudden and furious injection of PED's would do the trick?

If so, this guy is Packer People!!

Zool
04-18-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm going to send the guy a Packer jersey that says "Thanks Bretsky" on the back.

pbmax
04-18-2016, 02:13 PM
I'm going to send the guy a Packer jersey that says "Thanks Bretsky" on the back.

The NFL loses a guy. But the Odell Thurman club gains a new member.

Guiness
04-18-2016, 02:49 PM

Methinks Greg Gabriel is a horse's ass, which I just confirmed by finding out that he was formerly the Bears' director of college scouting. In another statement, he claims the 49ers were still deciding between Smith and Rodgers days before the draft. No way he knows if that's true or not.

So as far as improving by 8 reps in a few weeks, no one can do that short of putting on Herc's ring, roids or no roids. The answer is elsewhere, had a bad day, lost his grip, had to belch during his set, etc. That's what pro days give players a chance to do, give them a second chance to show their stuff.

Bretsky
04-21-2016, 11:10 PM
The NFL loses a guy. But the Odell Thurman club gains a new member.

Laugh all you want

But remember this when Hunter Henry plays in the Pro Bowl !!! :)))

Fritz
04-22-2016, 07:07 AM
Laugh all you want

But remember this when Hunter Henry plays in the Arena League Pro Bowl !!! :)))

There you go.

Patler
04-22-2016, 07:32 AM
It will be interesting to see when he gets picked. Articles clearly list him as the #1 TE prospect in this draft, but if you read all the way through the articles, many go on to say that he really doesn't compare to top prospects of recent drafts. Only 2 TEs have been picked in the first rounds of the last five drafts.

Zool
04-22-2016, 08:22 AM
It will be interesting to see when he gets picked. Articles clearly list him as the #1 TE prospect in this draft, but if you read all the way through the articles, many go on to say that he really doesn't compare to top prospects of recent drafts. Only 2 TEs have been picked in the first rounds of the last five drafts.

There's at least 1-2 position groups every year that the experts say this same thing. Is there a Feb-April style guide that draft experts have to follow?

BZnDallas
04-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Early on I really wanted Hunter in the first. I fell in love with the thought he was the next Jason Witten. (Nfl.com's words not mine). But now I'm not as impressed. I just think there are more and better prospects at other positions worth our top pick or picks, depending on where he falls. Intrigued by Cook and maybe a later round project to add to DickRod at TE.

Bretsky
10-17-2016, 09:22 PM
HUNTER HENRY
LAST 4 GAMES

24 TARGETS
18 CATCHES.......
290 YARDS
3 TOUCHDOWNS

Hunter Henry would look good in Green n Gold

RashanGary
10-17-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm not surprised. Big enough, fast enough, very good hands, he seemed to be a natural with getting open and using his body to shield and just being overall a reliable target.

I could see him being like Jason written. Well worth a first round pick imo.

RashanGary
10-17-2016, 11:49 PM
But we have the healthy Justin Harrell, Kenny Clark!!

Bretsky
10-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Hunter Henry would have been a great pick for us, even in round one. He's such a natural pass catcher out there. He will make a pro bowl...or several.

And we'll have Kenny Clark...well....for a bit

KYPack
10-18-2016, 10:16 PM
Hunter Henry would have been a great pick for us, even in round one. He's such a natural pass catcher out there. He will make a pro bowl...or several.

And we'll have Kenny Clark...well....for a bit

I'm a buyer, B.

Just drafted HH to be my back-up TE.

I need him in the 9th week when Gronk has his bye.

smuggler
10-20-2016, 09:49 AM
I haven't been able to watch much this year. How does Clark look?

Smidgeon
10-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Speaking of tight ends, Cook was a great pick up. Right? Right?

When will his injury be over?

Bretsky
10-22-2016, 08:39 AM
Speaking of tight ends, Cook was a great pick up. Right? Right?

When will his injury be over?

Cook would have bee alright

We need Hunter Henry; Cook was a bonus. That would have been bold

run pMc
10-22-2016, 12:53 PM
I think Clark has looked decent-to-good for a rookie...and I'd argue the need on the DLine with the Raji and Pennel situations was bigger. Having Cook back will help.

Teamcheez1
10-22-2016, 01:17 PM
I think the priorities next year will be CB, WR (you can include TE here), and RB.

run pMc
10-22-2016, 03:36 PM
They will have a lot of FA this year so I think they will just plug a lot of those holes. No idea if they keep Lang over Tretter, or keep neither.

I think corner as a priority depends on the development of the Randall, Rolllins and Hawkins. I think they know what they have in Gunter, and he'll get better too.
I would argue that OLB will be a bigger need if Perry and Jones depart. Peppers is good as gone, and Matthews is aging...so they'll need to keep finding guys there.

I could see TE and RB being up there -- hard to say if you keep Cook or move on. Rodgers is a #2 TE and Perillo is a maxed out tryhard guy.
Do they keep Lacy? Do they keep Starks? I think they will use Montgomery as their utility RB/WR guy unless someone falls to them...but if Lacy walks they need a starter.

Joemailman
10-22-2016, 09:15 PM
I haven't been able to watch much this year. How does Clark look?

Decent, but not great. Probably had his best game against the Bears, so maybe he's coming around. Clark is a very young player. He just turned 21 earlier this month.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2016/10/21/mcginn-rating-packers-vs-bears/92514272/

Rookie NT Kenny Clark, the first-round draft choice, played just 15 snaps but made them all count. He crunched Cody Whitehair, a capable rookie center, for a no-gain tackle. He penetrated against RG Kyle Long to set up a tackle for loss. He hustled on a screen. He moved fast laterally on a run away and made a punishing tackle. Clark’s best game made one eager to see more, but with the Bears as inept as they were there were just 48 plays in which to parcel out playing time.

Fritz
10-23-2016, 07:49 AM
I think Hunter Henry was not as important to have as Kenny Clark. You can blame BJ Raji for that.

Maxie the Taxi
10-23-2016, 09:49 AM
I think Hunter Henry was not as important to have as Kenny Clark. You can blame BJ Raji for that.Yup. Controlling the line of scrimmage is still of basic importance. We need first round talent there.

Bretsky
10-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Yup. Controlling the line of scrimmage is still of basic importance. We need first round talent there.

But is Kenny Clark 1st round talent ? A few years ago the Jets picked Muhommed Wilkerson. Is he that good ?
I want the better player at that pick. I wanted Hunter Henry

pbmax
10-23-2016, 10:18 AM
But is Kenny Clark 1st round talent ? A few years ago the Jets picked Muhommed Wilkerson. Is he that good ?
I want the better player at that pick. I wanted Hunter Henry

Your priorities are wacky. Muhammad Wilkerson is currently the best player on the 30th ranked Jets D.

You probably also want to sign Suh to big money too.

You're a skirt chaser Bretsky. Only that skirt is hiding a terrible secret. They are team killers.

:lol:

Bretsky
10-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Your priorities are wacky. Muhammad Wilkerson is currently the best player on the 30th ranked Jets D.

You probably also want to sign Suh to big money too.

You're a skirt chaser Bretsky. Only that skirt is hiding a terrible secret. They are team killers.

Bretsky NEVER made any mention of wanting Suh; it's not hard to figure out who I wanted in the past because I always post it. You won't find too many team killers on my list.

Captain Obvious players you may or may not remember would be Odell Smash Mouth Thurman, AJ Hawk, The Dirty Crab over BJ Raji, Brooks Reed, Erik Kenricks, Calvin Prior, Ryan Shazier, and Hunter Henry among others..............

As far as being s skirt chaser......yes........I love chasing skirts. But they are not team killers......well.........Odell Thurman might have been but the rest aren't.

Neither is Hunter Henry

And it's time IMO to hold TT accountable for his inflexible ways that seems to be making us a fart in he wind.

Patler
10-23-2016, 03:05 PM
And it's time IMO to hold TT accountable for his inflexible ways that seems to be making us a fart in he wind.

I think TT has provided rosters that were good enough. Fate, coaching and Aaron Rodgers have gotten in the way of other trips to the SB.

Fritz
10-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Again, I watched MattStaff today, and he looked a lot better than Rodgers has looked lately. Are his receivers more open? Maybe. I don't know. He and Stafford were both threading the needle today.

pbmax
10-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Again, I watched MattStaff today, and he looked a lot better than Rodgers has looked lately. Are his receivers more open? Maybe. I don't know. He and Stafford were both threading the needle today.

Stafford has been benefitting from Jim Bob Coter's offense, as dumb as that seems to say.

Rodgers is being slowly strangulated by M3's refusal to attack man coverage with pattern combos, motion and receiver positioning.

pbmax
10-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Bretsky NEVER made any mention of wanting Suh; it's not hard to figure out who I wanted in the past because I always post it. You won't find too many team killers on my list.

Captain Obvious players you may or may not remember would be Odell Smash Mouth Thurman, AJ Hawk, The Dirty Crab over BJ Raji, Brooks Reed, Erik Kenricks, Calvin Prior, Ryan Shazier, and Hunter Henry among others..............

As far as being s skirt chaser......yes........I love chasing skirts. But they are not team killers......well.........Odell Thurman might have been but the rest aren't.

Neither is Hunter Henry

Hunter Henry is in the concussion protocol.

Weak head!

pbmax
10-24-2016, 08:21 PM

Neither is Hunter Henry

Wait a minute.

Which Tedways are inflexible?

He signs a FA TE this offense, a player acquisition method that you once staged an avatar protest to encourage. Now that Cook got injured, you suddenly want him to rely solely on the draft?

Make up your mind!

Rutnstrut
10-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Stafford has been benefitting from Jim Bob Coter's offense, as dumb as that seems to say.

Rodgers is being slowly strangulated by M3's refusal to attack man coverage with pattern combos, motion and receiver positioning.

pb, you are a confusing individual. You defend stubby all the time, yet you also criticize him.

pbmax
10-24-2016, 09:55 PM
pb, you are a confusing individual. You defend stubby all the time, yet you also criticize him.

Nope. Reality is complex and not easily solved with binary choices.

Both Rodgers and McCarthy have issues right now. But there are very few better than either.

So you can punt one or both, but the odds you improve your team are tiny. Far better odds that the team gets worse.

So you work with them to get them out of their funk.

Smidgeon
10-25-2016, 11:12 AM

Both Rodgers and McCarthy have issues right now. But there are very few better than either.

So you can punt one or both, but the odds you improve your team are tiny. Far better odds that the team gets worse.

This I agree with. I think they are both Top 5 in their respective categories (at least). How many teams have both in the Top 5? or even Top 10? The odds are stacked against getting better in either spot, and definitely stacked towards getting worse in both. Right now there isn't a divide between coach and GM. I don't want to see one either. Those are never good for the team.

Patler
10-25-2016, 03:53 PM

Don't you understand, you MUST either worship the player or coach and find no fault with him whatsoever, or despise him and advocate for his ouster.

I first began questioning Rodgers decision making at the end of 2014. You may recall that I critiqued their last drive in the Seattle playoff game, play by play, arguing that he made poor decisions on many of the plays. I dismissed it as maybe due to his calf injury, but I wasn't sure how that changed what he saw and decided, because he seemed to still throw well and run to some extent. I was roundly criticized for wanting him gone. In fact, I just wanted him to play better.

During 2015 I raised many questions about Rodgers' share of the blame for the failing offense, and during the off season said the start of 2016 would tell us if 2015 was an aberration or a new normal for Rodgers that had to be accepted if unchangeable or dealt with if correctable. Manny seemed to consider me a lunatic for wanting to get rid of Rodgers, when in fact I just wanted him to play better, or for MM to adapt.

But, that is never an option. You can not want to keep a coach/player/GM yet still be dissatisfied with some aspect of what they do. It simply is not allowed.

Fritz
10-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Don't you understand, you MUST either worship the player or coach and find no fault with him whatsoever, or despise him and advocate for his ouster.

I first began questioning Rodgers decision making at the end of 2014. You may recall that I critiqued their last drive in the Seattle playoff game, play by play, arguing that he made poor decisions on many of the plays. I dismissed it as maybe due to his calf injury, but I wasn't sure how that changed what he saw and decided, because he seemed to still throw well and run to some extent. I was roundly criticized for wanting him gone. In fact, I just wanted him to play better.

During 2015 I raised many questions about Rodgers' share of the blame for the failing offense, and during the off season said the start of 2016 would tell us if 2015 was an aberration or a new normal for Rodgers that had to be accepted if unchangeable or dealt with if correctable. Manny seemed to consider me a lunatic for wanting to get rid of Rodgers, when in fact I just wanted him to play better, or for MM to adapt.

But, that is never an option. You can not want to keep a coach/player/GM yet still be dissatisfied with some aspect of what they do. It simply is not allowed.

I see that my years of quiet tutelage have finally paid off, Patler.

This is a monumental moment. We can take a moment to appreciate the immensity of what you've done here. Yet we cannot be satisfied. We cannot simply stop here.

Next, work on your phrasing. Turn "I just wanted him to play better" into "Rodgers sucks!" Turn "I wanted MM to adapt" into "MM is stuck in a rut!"

Once you've developed a harsher phrasing, we can work on larger generalizations and harsher criticisms. Then we'll work on your ability to criticize no matter what Rodgers or MM or Thompson does, and no matter how the season turns out. Don't let any Packer success get you down. If you are diligent in your efforts, you'll find it's possible to criticize any and all of them roundly, even if they win the Super Bowl!

Still, let's not lose sight of what you've accomplished today. This is a big first step. Big.

PB, I hope you were watching all of this. I think that if Patler can make such a transition, I don't see why you can't, too.

Zool
10-26-2016, 08:21 AM
"MM is stuck in Rut!"

I always knew RutnStrut was totally gay for Stubby.

Bretsky
10-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Wait a minute.

Which Tedways are inflexible?

He signs a FA TE this offense, a player acquisition method that you once staged an avatar protest to encourage. Now that Cook got injured, you suddenly want him to rely solely on the draft?

Make up your mind!

COME ON MAN

I'm not hard to figure out. I'd like to see a consistent blend of free agency, trades, and the draft. I praised the Cook signing but let's not mistake that for anyting Ted did even on a remotely consistent basis. 1 trade the the past six years......it's draft and develop in here along with an occasional free agent signing to shock the world. Bring Elway to Green Bay. Bring Schneider to Green Bay. Hell, I'll take Eliot Wolf in Green Bay

pbmax
10-28-2016, 08:51 AM
COME ON MAN

I'm not hard to figure out. I'd like to see a consistent blend of free agency, trades, and the draft. I praised the Cook signing but let's not mistake that for anyting Ted did even on a remotely consistent basis. 1 trade the the past six years......it's draft and develop in here along with an occasional free agent signing to shock the world. Bring Elway to Green Bay. Bring Schneider to Green Bay. Hell, I'll take Eliot Wolf in Green Bay

Just jokes baby, just jokes.

Zool
10-28-2016, 12:55 PM
You want the 90's brand of GM back. It doesn't exist anymore.

pbmax
10-28-2016, 01:02 PM
You want the 90's brand of GM back. It doesn't exist anymore.

I am pretty sure that trading your All-Pro center for an All-Pro TE to be used in an offense that is not TE friendly will eventually pay off for John Schneider and the Seahawks. And then the warrior-king GM will be back!

Bretsky
10-29-2016, 12:04 AM
I always knew RutnStrut was totally gay for Stubby.

Let's start calling a spade. TT is an average GM. Struck gold with Rodger and the Claymaker. Has been ok besides that. I'd just like an upgrade

pbmax
10-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Let's start calling a spade. TT is an average GM. Struck gold with Rodger and the Claymaker. Has been ok besides that. I'd just like an upgrade

So you want to hire the Patriots entire personnel department?

Look at the teams the Packers are competing with in the playoffs:

1. Carolina Panthers cannot keep CBs and are almost mathematically eliminated from playoff contention already.
2. The Seahawks are trying to prove that John Schneider was the reason the Packers took forever to fix holes in their O line. Have you seen their offense? If that was the Packers offense, all the dogs in Green Bay would have been shot after Week 3. Don't even get me started on the genius plan to trade their best O lineman for an Al-Pro TE and then ask him to block and run flat routes.
3. Arizona Cardinals offense in lower than the Packers and their QB is actually old and failing.
4. Dallas Cowboys are doing fine but anyone want to bet it survives Romo's return or lasts past this year?
5. In Atlanta, the rule of thumb is one side of the team must always be in the bottom of the League and multiple year stretches of not being in the playoffs in acceptable in the NFC South.
6. Philadelphia Eagles, see Dallas.
7. Denver Broncos are going to be tied with the teams run by Reggie McKenzie and John Dorsey in a week or two.

Who on earth is a known upgrade on Thompson? Right now the only candidate I would like is the guy the Lions hired IF he also was responsible for bringing in Jim Bob Cooter to straighten out Stafford and the O.

run pMc
10-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Rick Spielman has done a decent job for Minny lately, but he isn't going anywhere. Personally, I think TT's a pretty good GM. He's made plenty of mistakes, but he's helped to build a deep roster and perennially competitive team (compared to other teams) without killing their cap space, which is saying something.