PDA

View Full Version : Hundley's Rookie Year

pbmax
02-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Everyone bookmark this one so we can settle all arguments quickly after four years have passed and we are trying to decide when we were all convinced Hundley was going to be a good starter.

His rookie preseason:

Hundley, 22, was inactive for all 18 games this season, and the sparkling highlight reel he compiled (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-qb-brett-hundley-preparing-to-step-up-b99659908z1-367006111.html) in August and early September was thrust ever deeper into the recesses of public perception. The passer rating of 129.6, the 69% completion rate, the seven touchdowns and only one interception faded as the dregs of training camp were washed away.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/370281331.html

pbmax
02-26-2016, 01:34 PM
M3 on B2:

“He’s really come on fast," coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday. “He’s doing what you’re supposed to do. He’s taken every note from Aaron and Scott (Tolzien). He has really dove into the offense. Very bright young man. Very athletic. Boy, I’m glad we have him.”

“I’m excited about Brett,” McCarthy said. “I think if you go back and watch him play in the preseason, it speaks volumes. He did a heck of a job."

“I think the first game was probably normal for a rookie quarterback. He just got comfortable and was out there making plays. Plays very systematic as far as staying in clean plays when he was given a run-pass option. Brett Hundley has a very bright future.”

Or should he be B3 because of Brett Goode?

Bretsky
02-27-2016, 10:30 AM
M3 on B2:

Or should he be B3 because of Brett Goode?

Hate to dispel the Odell myth a bit, but I really liked Hundley coming out; thought he was a 2nd round draft pick. Much of this was due to a NFL Network interview I listed to with his head coach...who pimped his talent, work ethic, and habits.

He seemed a bit slow to pick things up but once he did you could tell.

I'd take him over Tolzien any day

KYPack
02-27-2016, 06:17 PM
I really like Hundley.

Didn't realize his camp stix were that great.

Unless Tolzien goes out of his mind, B2, B3, whatever gets the QB2 gig.

MadScientist
02-27-2016, 06:32 PM
I really like Hundley.

Didn't realize his camp stix were that great.

Unless Tolzien goes out of his mind, B2, B3, whatever gets the QB2 gig.
Tolzien is a free agent. He won't be back. They may grab a guy for the practice squad to be a third stringer, but I don't think they will carry 3 QB's this year.

Rutnstrut
02-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Tolzien is a free agent. He won't be back. They may grab a guy for the practice squad to be a third stringer, but I don't think they will carry 3 QB's this year.

I have no problem seeing Tolzien go as imo he is overrated. However I think not carrying 3 QB's is a huge mistake, since they don't seem concerned about protecting Rodgers.

woodbuck27
02-27-2016, 10:21 PM
I'd say respective of MM's opinion of him he's our backup this season.