PDA

View Full Version : Clay Back to Outside LB per M3

pbmax
02-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Clay is already headed back outside. So 2 high draft picks on ILBs, Trevathan or Jake Ryan and a healing Sam Barrington?

Clay Matthews is once again an outside linebacker: "His starting position will be outside linebacker. It's important for us as a coaching staff to make sure we're giving him opportunities to make an impact.

"A number of his teammates always expressed the fact that they always thought Clay was a dynamic player, but they didn't realize how tough of a player he was until he went inside. I had a number of guys tell me that."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-coach-mike-mccarthy-provides-off-season-briefing-b99676719z1-370218481.html

Carolina_Packer
02-26-2016, 02:37 PM
The good thing is, he can still move around to provide even more confusion and disruption. Do you think this declaration has any influence on re-signing Nick Perry or Mike Neal? Would that make you think that they would go after an ILB before an OLB?

pbmax
02-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Certainly seems to make ILB a priority. But Ted doesn't like to reach. Seems more likely in 2nd or 3rd round, but unless there is a run and no candidate of value, I think its more likely now than before.

I agree, I hope they move him around almost as much.

bobblehead
02-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Bad move. Clay is a much more productive player playing ILB and lining up outside for the occasional pure edge rush.

Joemailman
02-26-2016, 06:08 PM
The best situation is for opponents not to know where Clay is going to line up from play to play.

woodbuck27
02-26-2016, 06:12 PM
The best situation is for opponents not to know where Clay is going to line up from play to play.

Yes.

run pMc
02-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Clay's not bad at ILB, but he belongs at OLB.
I really hope they add an ILB with coverage skills, but the flip side is they may feel good with a rotation of: Barrington and Ryan starting, and Palmer and possibly Vaughters or Bradford backing them up.

Like I said, I hope they add someone.

Either way, I'm confident the draft will be a headscratcher. TT is good for a draft surprise or two.

woodbuck27
02-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Clay's not bad at ILB, but he belongs at OLB.
I really hope they add an ILB with coverage skills, but the flip side is they may feel good with a rotation of: Barrington and Ryan starting, and Palmer and possibly Vaughters or Bradford backing them up.

Like I said, I hope they add someone.

Either way, I'm confident the draft will be a headscratcher. TT is good for a draft surprise or two.

The way it seems to be shaping up today:

If TT goes BPA his pick will go for the DL (possibly DE but more likely DT)

gbgary
02-28-2016, 10:19 PM
i agree...a mistake...unless of course a top ilb falls in our lap or ted actually does something surprising.