PDA

View Full Version : Mike Neal

Patler
03-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Has anyone heard a thing about him in free agency? I have looked and can't find any rumor about visits or other teams being interested.

Price is coming down.

pbmax
03-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Haven't seen a thing.

woodbuck27
03-13-2016, 03:59 AM
I hope TT signs him.

Pugger
03-13-2016, 08:51 AM
I hope TT signs him.

Ted doesn't sign FAs...

j/k ;)

Fritz
03-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Does Raji's retirement affect the possibility and/or need to sign Neal? Or is Neal an "extra" anyway, with Perry re-signed and Matthews going back outside with Peppers?

jklowan
03-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Does Raji's retirement affect the possibility and/or need to sign Neal? Or is Neal an "extra" anyway, with Perry re-signed and Matthews going back outside with Peppers?

I am hoping Neil & Starks resign, then Maybe Cook as a TE free agent

Pugger
03-14-2016, 07:17 PM
With Raji taking a hiatus from football I suspect we'll resign Neal soon.

Is Cook worth signing?

RonWolfGOAT
03-14-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm afraid we will give the Raji money to Neal. And then some.

jklowan
03-14-2016, 09:00 PM
With Raji taking a hiatus from football I suspect we'll resign Neal soon.

Is Cook worth signing?

My guess is he won't cost much and will help out while a rookie learns the ropes

wist43
03-14-2016, 10:05 PM
I value Neal more highly than most of you I guess... guy is a decent pass rusher. Can bend the corner pretty well. Holds the corner well enough to force the QB to step up and collapse the pocket. Even if he doesn't get credit for the sack, I think Neal is a pretty valuable player.

woodbuck27
03-14-2016, 10:10 PM
I value Neal more highly than most of you I guess... guy is a decent pass rusher. Can bend the corner pretty well. Holds the corner well enough to force the QB to step up and collapse the pocket. Even if he doesn't get credit for the sack, I think Neal is a pretty valuable player.

ditto...I like Neal as well.

It won't look good on TT if he slips away.

pbmax
03-14-2016, 11:24 PM

I think he lost pass rush after he lost weight moving outside. Its kept him healthier but Perry is more of a threat. Still, for an inside outside option with pass rush, he's hard to replace at Elephant. Jones might do it though.

Pugger
03-15-2016, 12:00 AM
ditto...I like Neal as well.

It won't look good on TT if he slips away.

I don't think he has visited any other clubs since FA started so he might not be in great demand.

Patler
03-15-2016, 12:23 AM
Were there any reports of Raji having any visits? Yet, in his statement today, he claims to have had several offers other than from the Packers. Do players still go on the interview tours like they did in the past? Do they get good offers without visits, as Raji implied?

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2016, 02:17 AM
Were there any reports of Raji having any visits?

The Panthers were said to have interest. That was just in the last day or two, so I doubt he actually visited them. Considering what Raji said, the Packers may have solidified a deal with him before he decided to hang them up.

Pugger
03-15-2016, 08:18 AM
The Panthers were said to have interest. That was just in the last day or two, so I doubt he actually visited them. Considering what Raji said, the Packers may have solidified a deal with him before he decided to hang them up.

And many were speculating Ted was hibernating all this time. Unless an agent or player tweets about visiting or negotiating with a team we never hear about it. Look at how surprised we all were when we signed Peppers.

BZnDallas
03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
I wonder how TT would be viewed if 2 other possible FA signings had happened that had been reported after the fact. If TT had signed Randy and Tony G. to add to Woodson and Peppers and Pickett etc. would he still have the FA negativity pointed at him? Both were somewhat close to happening right? Negative Nancys already mention TT never uses FA, add 2 more 'big name' players to his FA list and are people still complaining?

I'll vote yes, just because thats what the internet was invented for. To bitch anonymously. Haha

pbmax
03-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Anyone specialize in reading tea leaves?

Michael Neal ‏@mneal96 5m5 minutes ago
"Don't be afraid to start over! It's a new chance to rebuild what you want." #TakeAdvantage #LetGodGuideYou!

pbmax
03-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Were there any reports of Raji having any visits? Yet, in his statement today, he claims to have had several offers other than from the Packers. Do players still go on the interview tours like they did in the past? Do they get good offers without visits, as Raji implied?

If he did, his agent did not feel the need to publicize it. Which, taking Raji at face value, means he must have been happy with at least one offer.

Fritz
03-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Anyone socialize in reading tea leaves?

Michael Neal ‏@mneal96 5m5 minutes ago
"Don't be afraid to start over! It's a new chance to rebuild what you want." #TakeAdvantage #LetGodGuideYou!

That's an easy one to read.

Bye, Mike. You did some good work in Green Bay, and I appreciated the way you always hustled to the ball.

Good luck in your new place, unless you're playing the Packers.

pbmax
03-15-2016, 11:18 AM
That's an easy one to read.

Bye, Mike. You did some good work in Green Bay, and I appreciated the way you always hustled to the ball.

Good luck in your new place, unless you're playing the Packers.

No news yet!

Michael Neal @mneal96
@jasonjwilde Lol no worries I'm talking about BJ. Critical decision but the best of luck to a brother of mine! #CalmDownPeople!

Fritz
03-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Visiting the Loins and Seahogs.