PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees And AdvoCare: Multi-Level Marketing

pbmax
03-15-2016, 11:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14972197/questions-surround-advocare-nutrition-empire-endorsed-saints-qb-drew-brees

Not only pester your friends and relatives to buy from you, but encourage them to sell for you!

Brees is their National Spokesmodel.

This pitch -- the promise that if you sign up for AdvoCare, you can reap "rewarding" financial results -- draws tens of thousands of new distributors every year. But an Outside the Lines/ESPN The Magazine investigation has found that few of those salespeople will ever achieve that vision. In reality, only a tiny fraction of AdvoCare members earn anything close to a modest income, even as they're pressured by higher-ranking distributors to keep buying inventory. "They plant the seed that you're gonna make money -- life-changing money," says Gabriel Chavez, who joined in 2010.

Upnorth
03-15-2016, 04:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14972197/questions-surround-advocare-nutrition-empire-endorsed-saints-qb-drew-brees

Not only pester your friends and relatives to buy from you, but encourage them to sell for you!

So I take it you are one of the salesmen and want us to all sign up under you.

pbmax
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
You could set yourself for life!

Set your own hours!

Be your own boss!

Upnorth
03-15-2016, 05:01 PM
You could set yourself for life!

Set your own hours!

Be your own boss!

I'll take one and one for my wife as well.

Striker
03-15-2016, 05:02 PM
I'll take 20.

pbmax
03-16-2016, 09:25 AM
When Crossan and her husband did their taxes after leaving AdvoCare in 2011, they realized they had spent more than $6,000 on products, most of which had expired before they decided to return them. (AdvoCare gives salespeople 30 days to return products or up to a year if they forfeit their distributorship.) Unlike people who had started a business, they had built no equity — it was just money down the drain. “I was like, ‘Holy crap — we went through our savings,'” she says. “‘What on earth did we do?'”

AdvoCare tells distributors to give prospects an official income disclosure statement, which shows how many salespeople reach each level of the company. The numbers are stark: According to the latest statement, the company had 517,666 distributors in 2014, and just 1,209 of them — 0.2 percent — earned more than $25,000 that year; 95 percent earned $1,000 or less. Those figures don’t include profits from members’ product sales, but they also don’t include expenses, which several distributors say outweigh retail profits.

A long con. Grifting.

channtheman
03-16-2016, 12:37 PM
More Amway Scamway garbage. It's sad to see how many people fall for these types of scams. I've got a future brother in law and his wife who are fully invested in Amway. They were supposed to be "retired" (Amway has a really iffy definition of retired) this year but no. Maybe after the 5 full years of doing it with no results they'll give it up.

SMBASS
03-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Agree Chann. Amway was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. This scam by AdvoCare isn't anything new. Numerous companies have been doing it for a long time.

KYPack
03-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Advocare pushes the "Jock model" for it's spokesman, etc.

Brees, Phillip Rivers, Alex Smith (?), Andy Dalton, Jason Witten are among the people this MLM claims as role models for success. It is a low down MLM that rips off people who can not afford to be swindled.

Can't help what the NFL thinks of these dumb shits using the shield like this.

woodbuck27
03-16-2016, 08:34 PM

AMWAY

Guiness
03-17-2016, 09:11 AM
AMWAY

I would go with 'even worse'. Amway at least has products everyone can use, I've seen it being cleared out at yard sales for instance, with people buying it...why not if someone wants to sell you laundry detergent for $1?

If you had excess AdvoCare though, I'd guess it's straight to the landfill. A lot harder to find someone to take a case of 'Crave Check SR' or 'OmegaPlex'* off your hands!

*actual product names from their website

KYPack
03-17-2016, 02:11 PM
My cousin is a sucker for all these get rich quick scams.

He's probably got a bunch of Advocare in his garage.

Fritz
03-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Drew Brees stands atop the pyramid.