PDA

View Full Version : first official ask JAPF anything about fitness

justanotherpackfan
09-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Ask away.

oregonpackfan
09-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Please answer a line from George Carlin:

"Is it true that God is so all powerful that he himself created a world so heavy that he himself can't lift it?"

Taken from his album "I Used to Be an Irish Catholic."

OPF

justanotherpackfan
09-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Please answer a line from George Carlin:

"Is it true that God is so all powerful that he himself created a world so heavy that he himself can't lift it?"

Taken from his album "I Used to Be an Irish Catholic."

OPF
No, God can do anything.

Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift any heavy ass weight.-Ronnie Coleman

justanotherpackfan
09-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Diet tips:
Kool Aid is actually just sugar water. Sugar converts to fat which gives you a gut. People should eat more Cottage Cheese.

Do you think I should start saving for this? It's $4000.
http://www.sportmax.ru/trainers/titan/titan_t1.jpg
I really want one. I have $100 right now.

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Diet tips:
Kool Aid is actually just sugar water. Sugar converts to fat which gives you a gut. People should eat more Cottage Cheese.

This is true. Cottage cheese is good for building mass. IMO, yogurt is even better. Sugar is no good ... protein is what you want.

The thing's enormous! Do you have a place to put it? You can accomplish a lot for a lot less $$$ just by doing pushups and squats and using a few assorted pairs of these:

http://www.treadmillscentral.com/images/Incorrigable%20Yin.jpg

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 05:19 AM
Diet tips:

This is true. Cottage cheese is good for building mass. IMO, yogurt is even better. Sugar is no good ... protein is what you want.
What about all the sugar and carbs in yogurt?

The thing's enormous! Do you have a place to put it? You can accomplish a lot for a lot less $$$ just by doing pushups and squats and using a few assorted pairs of these:

I was figuring on getting one after college. They are very nice and come with everything except dumbbells. Pushups don't build mass they are mostly a strengthening excercise.

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Pushups don't build mass they are mostly a strengthening excercise.[/b]

:?:

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 07:35 AM
JAPF, it depends what you are. If you are a bodybuilder, than I guess you could warrant buying that. But if you just like staying in shape, than there are much cheaper machines that do almost the same thing. And considering you got $100 now and you need $3,900, you got a loooooooong way to go. :D

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 08:02 AM
JAPF, it depends what you are. If you are a bodybuilder, than I guess you could warrant buying that. But if you just like staying in shape, than there are much cheaper machines that do almost the same thing. And considering you got $100 now and you need $3,900, you got a loooooooong way to go. :D

That is an excellent point, Ballhawk. How one trains depends a lot upon what one is training for. Bodybuilding is different from powerlifting, which is different from strongman, which is different from sports training for a specific sport. Bodybuilders want mass, powerlifters want explosion, and strongmen want functional strength. Sports training is all over the map, depending on the sport.

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 10:17 AM

That is an excellent point, Ballhawk. How one trains depends a lot upon what one is training for. Bodybuilding is different from powerlifting, which is different from strongman, which is different from sports training for a specific sport. Bodybuilders want mass, powerlifters want explosion, and strongmen want functional strength. Sports training is all over the map, depending on the sport.
I don't want to be a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. Just a strong buff guy. :lol:

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Pushups don't build mass they are mostly a strengthening excercise.[/b]

:?:
From what I know pushups don't build mass but mostly are used for strengthening the shoulders and to a lesser extent, the pecs.

No Mo Moss
09-04-2006, 10:40 AM
OK, so I have been doing jack shit over the past 9 months and now I have a gut. I used to be athletic so its not a whole different world to me. I figured the best way for me right now to get cut (I'm going to a beach over christmas) is to get a swanky health club membership and a personal trainer and work out 5 hours a week. Will that get me where I want to be?

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 11:00 AM
OK, so I have been doing jack shit over the past 9 months and now I have a gut. I used to be athletic so its not a whole different world to me. I figured the best way for me right now to get cut (I'm going to a beach over christmas) is to get a swanky health club membership and a personal trainer and work out 5 hours a week. Will that get me where I want to be?
Yes, that should get you where you want to be asumming your personal trainer knows what he's doing. Your personal trainer will probably provide you with a diet. Obviously don't eat any crappy foods and eat fairly healthy. You can track what you eat on fitday.com You have plenty of time between now and Christmas to get where you want to be. How long do you plan on doing cardio each day? Will you be lifting at all?

No Mo Moss
09-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Well I plan on a 10 min. cardio to begin each workout. I plan on doing my big lifting days twice a week and then on the other three I'll do 80% cardio and then the extra 20 min. on building core strength. I will probably use lap swimming for cardio as I think its the most bang for you buck time wise, and I think it build core strength in itself. Doe sthat sound good.

GrnBay007
09-04-2006, 12:02 PM
You say you want to get cut before Christmas???

Probably be a good idea to give us progress reports via pics with no shirt. EC gals will be happy to evaluate. :razz:

No Mo Moss
09-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Would these be clothed or not?

EC gals?

GrnBay007
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
:shock:

Your choice, briefs or boxers only. :razz:

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 12:26 PM
We can't put him in a thong??? :cool: :oops:

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Would these be clothed or not?

EC gals?

EC = Eye Candy....

No Mo Moss
09-04-2006, 04:25 PM
A backwards thong

GrnBay007
09-04-2006, 04:36 PM
A backwards thong

That would be even more uncomfortable than a regular thong.............but really, who are we to object in what you choose to pose in??? You know our only objective is making sure you are cut by x-mas. :twisted:

Partial
09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Diet tips:

What about all the sugar and carbs in yogurt?

I was figuring on getting one after college. They are very nice and come with everything except dumbbells. Pushups don't build mass they are mostly a strengthening excercise.

I think thats a bit excessive. Everything in moderation.

Partial
09-04-2006, 04:53 PM

I don't want to be a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. Just a strong buff guy. :lol:

Work construction in your teens and play sports. It happens naturally.

Partial
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
A backwards thong

That would be even more uncomfortable than a regular thong.............but really, who are we to object in what you choose to pose in??? You know our only objective is making sure you are cut by x-mas. :twisted:

God Bless the thong

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 06:08 PM
A backwards thong

God Bless the thong
This thread has taken a disturbing twist.

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Well I plan on a 10 min. cardio to begin each workout. I plan on doing my big lifting days twice a week and then on the other three I'll do 80% cardio and then the extra 20 min. on building core strength. I will probably use lap swimming for cardio as I think its the most bang for you buck time wise, and I think it build core strength in itself. Doe sthat sound good.
So your going to do an upper body, lower body, split? Upper body on one day, lower body on the other?

Yeah, swimming is good. I've heard it's one of the excercises that burns the most calories.

GrnBay007
09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
This thread has taken a disturbing twist.

Sorry! I will refrain. :oops: ......at least until we see the pics of his progress. :twisted:

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 07:19 PM
So your going to do an upper body, lower body, split? Upper body on one day, lower body on the other?

Yeah, swimming is good. I've heard it's one of the excercises that burns the most calories.

I heard you can get a good workout running naked through professional sporting events.

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I heard you can get a good workout running naked through professional sporting events.

You can also get a pretty big headache. As this man learnt too well...

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/streaker-6035.jpg

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Please make sure you're in better shape than him before you try that. Ugh.

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Funny pic, but not sure if that pic would be safe for work.

I definitely think JAPF is gonna be grossed out of visiting his own thread!

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I think the zebra cap is a nice touch though. :lol: Gotta love attention to detail.