PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals trade for Chandler Jones

RonWolfGOAT
03-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/709813751013384192

Its almost like there's ways to build a defense outside of the draft. Or preemptively trade a player who you won't be able to re-sign.

Huh.

Fritz
03-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources.

Its almost like there's ways to build a defense outside of the draft. Or preemptively trade a player who you won't be able to re-sign.

Huh.

Naturally, every move any NFL GM makes serves as a counterpoint to Ted's incompetence.

Carolina_Packer
03-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Naturally, every move any NFL GM makes serves as a counterpoint to Ted's incompetence.

Ted who?

Bretsky
03-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Wear the SHADES............in Ted we trust........

Upnorth
03-15-2016, 04:41 PM
This just goes to prove that with TT as a GM we will never ever ever win a superbowl. If we ever did it would have to be discounted as luck. We are lucky to even make it to the playoffs on occasion, and could never make the playoffs on a consistent basis

Upnorth
03-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Seriously though, why does another team's gm making a trade or being very active early in the free agency period make TT any worse. That is a fools errand and show a lack of logic, all 32 teams are active, only 1 will get each free agent. But i guess emotion can dictate for some

Striker
03-15-2016, 04:49 PM
It's almost like the Cardinals are making a desperation move because their QB situation is highly questionable and, with many pending FAs, kind of have to go all or nothing.

Unfortunately for them the NFC West likely won't be a cake walk so this could all implode in their faces quite spectacularly if Jones plays lights out, they fail to advance, and then he get a huge payday somewhere else.

They're also gambling on Chandler Jones to find some type of consistency. He did have 13.5 total sacks last season, but 10.5 of those came in a total of 5 games against opponents .500 or worse.

But why use facts when emotional, idiotic takes sound SO much better.

Striker
03-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Seriously though, why does another team's gm making a trade or being very active early in the free agency period make TT any worse. That is a fools errand and show a lack of logic, all 32 teams are active, only 1 will get each free agent. But i guess emotion can dictate for some

Look at the OP's username and all will be answered.

Upnorth
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Look at the OP's username and all will be answered.

Good point. my bad. Now I understand :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

jklowan
03-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Word here in Rhode Island was that the Packers, Cleveland, Atlanta, Jacksonville and Arizona were in on the bidding

George Cumby
03-15-2016, 08:45 PM

Huh.

It's almost like you have an agenda. Or actively choose any data points that bolster your tired, feeble argument.

Huh.

ThunderDan
03-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Who would you trade for on the Packers roster that the Pack would give up?

ThunderDan
03-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Maybe Tretter or Lindsley would have some value.

woodbuck27
03-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Ted who?

"A trade in the NFL...a Blockbuster Trade!? What's a trade?" Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson

woodbuck27
03-15-2016, 11:04 PM
Who would you trade for on the Packers roster that the Pack would give up?

How about trading away a lot of CAP...Trade CM III to assist in keeping the top players in the Roster.

smuggler
03-15-2016, 11:17 PM
The idea is to acquire talent, not ship it away. The defense should be modified to feature CMIII, instead we are using him as a bandage.

woodbuck27
03-15-2016, 11:26 PM
The idea is to acquire talent, not ship it away. The defense should be modified to feature CMIII, instead we are using him as a bandage.

I'm simply tossing that option out there. I'm sure GM's do this stuff a lot. Well maybe NOT TT but more aggressive -assertive GM's like Hoody Genius (B.B.)... yes !

Man I want to see CM III a lot more useful like anyone in Packer Nation. I just hate the CAP situation and what TT is paying out to CM III. I'm not even liking what Aaron Rodgers takes our CAP down and the way he performed last season.

Was the loss of Jordy Nelson a big part of the answer to why the Packer 'O' fell off dramatically last season?

I see TT drafting a very decent WR in this Draft.

Infamous
03-16-2016, 05:36 AM

RIGHT! tt has made all the right moves and pack looked poised to dominate nfc in coming years!?

Infamous
03-16-2016, 05:38 AM
It has been a WHILE since TT has been seen as great gm fellas..don't drink kool aid; look at other rosters, even in division...smh...

BRING BLACK WOLF!!!

Infamous
03-16-2016, 05:39 AM
Maryland over Kansas to punch tix to final four

pbmax
03-16-2016, 07:41 AM
I am not sure the Packers want another DE that bad.

pbmax
03-16-2016, 07:50 AM
Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 57m57 minutes ago
Pats fans need to stop saying that new OG J. Cooper will "help fortify the middle". He stinks. Anything u get from him in this deal is gravy

Andrew Perloff ‏@andrewperloff 27m27 minutes ago
Got this note from a scout: "Dwight Freeney's corpse got 8 sacks last year in Arizona. Can you imagine what Chandler Jones is going to do?"

Deputy Nutz
03-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Midas Touch in New England

Also the Pats get a second pick,

pbmax
03-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Midas Touch in New England

Also the Pats get a second pick,

Its a talent and salary dump. Its just one year early. Second round pick is better than comp pick though.

smuggler
03-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Plus, it offesets the sting of losing the 1st rounder this draft from deflategate.

Guiness
03-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Its a talent and salary dump. Its just one year early. Second round pick is better than comp pick though.

Jones was going to be expensive going forward, but he is pretty good. Not sure why he didn't fit in their long range plans, but he didn't and they got good value for him.

smuggler
03-16-2016, 07:47 PM
No, I wouldn't say good value. Below market, strictly based on talent.

woodbuck27
03-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Jones was going to be expensive going forward, but he is pretty good. Not sure why he didn't fit in their long range plans, but he didn't and they got good value for him.

Asking myself the same question this came back to me:

Chandler Jones' issues

" ...Chandler Jones apologized in January for making a "stupid mistake" in the week before the Patriots' playoff game against Kansas City. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Jones had a bad reaction to synthetic marijuana.

Jones showed up at a nearby police station according to a police report with his shirt off. Jones was never known as a difficult player to coach, but the incident certainly didn't help his chances of getting another contract in New England.

There was also occassional grumbling in New England that Jones was an inconsistent player. He had stretches of dominance followed by periods of quiet. That's typical of many good, but not great pass rushers. Jones played a ton of snaps, but Pro Football Focus never ranked him as a truly elite pass rusher...."

Maybe...the whole answer is contained in the following LINK:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644691/article/why-did-the-patriots-trade-chandler-jones-to-cardinals

Why did the Patriots trade Chandler Jones to Cardinals?

By Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The NFL Editor

Published: March 15, 2016 at 05:44 p.m. ... Updated: March 15, 2016 at 10:02 p.m.

run pMc
03-16-2016, 08:40 PM
...because NE wanted a R2 and a looksee at Cooper this year more than they wanted to give Jones $80 million next year. Look at what Vernon got; he'd ask for something similar.

woodbuck27
03-16-2016, 08:44 PM
...because NE wanted a R2 and a looksee at Cooper this year more than they wanted to give Jones $80 million next year. Look at what Vernon got; he'd ask for something similar.

It all fits Bill Belichick and that's the smartest man in the NFL.