PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

pbmax
03-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
Veteran former Rams tight end Jared Cook visiting Packers, according to league sources

Fritz
03-15-2016, 03:37 PM
He doesn't count. Not a real free agent.

Bretsky
03-15-2016, 03:42 PM
For all you the whole Free Agent world is over priced guys I didn't think the Steelers got a bad deal with Ladarius Green

Cook would be a nice signing for GB as well because he gives us things our TE's don't have and with our QB would provide the down the seam threat that has been absent since Finley

Carolina_Packer
03-15-2016, 03:42 PM
I wonder what Matthew Mulligan is doing now?

Joemailman
03-15-2016, 04:11 PM
And he wouldn't count in the comp pick equation. Git er done TT!

call_me_ishmael
03-15-2016, 04:13 PM
For all you the whole Free Agent world is over priced guys I didn't think the Steelers got a bad deal with Ladarius Green

Cook would be a nice signing for GB as well because he gives us things our TE's don't have and with our QB would provide the down the seam threat that has been absent since Finley

Ladarius Green was a steal. We should have offered him for that money in my opinion. He is going to be a solid pick up in my opinion.

pbmax
03-15-2016, 04:27 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
The Packers looked into trading for TE Jared Cook last season. Now, he's their first free-agent visit. http://es.pn/1Ux8T0q

pbmax
03-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Ladarius Green was a steal. We should have offered him for that money in my opinion. He is going to be a solid pick up in my opinion.

He was on my fantasy team last year briefly. We did not extend an invitation to this year's camp.

pbmax
03-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago
TE Jared Cook was part of the Rams purge that made #Packers RBs coach Ben Sirmans available. Sirmans has knowledge of Cook #Packers didn't.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2016, 07:05 PM
They need to get this done.

Joemailman
03-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Brian Angelicho has had some success developing TE's with less talent than Cook. This pickup would make a lot of sense.

smuggler
03-15-2016, 07:25 PM
I really think Cook is the kind of player that could flourish with an elite QB.

pittstang5
03-15-2016, 07:57 PM
We don't need another TE...we still have PERILLO! :-)

George Cumby
03-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Lol!

yetisnowman
03-15-2016, 09:00 PM
There's really no reason not to sign this guy. HIs inconsistent production plus his age should keep his contract terms minimal. What's the risk here? Come on Ted, don't shit the bed on this one.

3irty1
03-15-2016, 09:09 PM
I bet he's looking for a 1 year.

pbmax
03-15-2016, 09:23 PM
They need to get this done.

Not yet as he left without a deal. More along the lines of Pickett it seems.

KYPack
03-15-2016, 10:11 PM

Yep, this guy is a horse. Had a fugly year last season and was due 8.3 mil on his current contract. He'll be 29 and knows this is his last shot at a payday. I saw him play last fall and a lot of his problems were named Nick Foles. Philly fleeced Fisher in that deal, but Cook really took it in the shorts. He was saddled with a poor QB and had 0 TD's to show for it.

Gimme a veteran player with something to prove.

Like others have posted, there's no comp pick involved, give a contract with a second year loaded up. Give the guy to get paid for great play.

Shit, give him Q's old deal, he never earned the money in that one.

woodbuck27
03-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
The Packers looked into trading for TE Jared Cook last season. Now, he's their first free-agent visit. http://es.pn/1Ux8T0q

TT will be looking to get this guy for as little as possible. I'm not sure based on his most recent results if he's even worth signing?

Free agent Jared Cook is visiting the Packers.

It's the first we've heard of Cook since he was released by the Rams last month. The Packers have struggled to find a viable pass catcher at tight end since losing Jermichael Finley to a career-ending neck injury, but Cook is a mistake-prone, one-trick pony. Cook would form a tandem with Richard Rodgers in Green Bay

There's more news that informs me that TT won't pay a lot for Jared Cook. This looks a lot like TT is merely window dressing:

Cook was a complete non-factor in the RAMS 'O'....hauling in just 39 catches for 481 yards with zero touchdowns. The 28-year-old never lived up to his massive considering his performance five-year, $35.11 million contract.

TT may certainly have better options and improving the TE position. Nearing age 29, Cook has gone 19 consecutive games without scoring a touchdown.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2016, 12:56 AM
The list of QBs that Cook has played with:

Matt Hasselbeck
Austin Davis
Jake Locker
Nick Foles
Kellen Clemens
Sam Bradford
Kerry Collins
Shaun Hill
Case Keenum
Vince Young
Rusty Smith

That's one average QB, at best, and a bunch of junk. His numbers don't seem that bad when you consider the junk he's had at QB. He's 28. Not over the hill, but he isn't the same guy he came into the league as, but I wish there was a guy coming out with these measurables (6'5" 246, 4.50 40, 41" vertical, 123" broad jump, 25 wonderlic). I want this guy because I've always wondered what he'd do with a good QB. This would be a field stretching TE they haven't had since Finley retired.

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2016, 12:59 AM
I agree with Harv... worst case... this guy at least is a decent decoy and opens things up. You have to account for that size/speed combination.

Infamous
03-16-2016, 05:30 AM
+1

Yep, this guy is a horse. Had a fugly year last season and was due 8.3 mil on his current contract. He'll be 29 and knows this is his last shot at a payday. I saw him play last fall and a lot of his problems were named Nick Foles. Philly fleeced Fisher in that deal, but Cook really took it in the shorts. He was saddled with a poor QB and had 0 TD's to show for it.

Gimme a veteran player with something to prove.

Like others have posted, there's no comp pick involved, give a contract with a second year loaded up. Give the guy to get paid for great play.

Shit, give him Q's old deal, he never earned the money in that one.

Pugger
03-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Too bad he left town without a deal...

Carolina_Packer
03-16-2016, 10:57 AM
As for leaving town with no deal, do you see that as more likely that they passed on him, or could something still work out? I can't immediately think of a free agent visit where the player later signed a deal, can you? Doesn't mean it's never happened, I just can't immediately think of an example.

pbmax
03-16-2016, 11:02 AM
As for leaving town with no deal, do you see that as more likely that they passed on him, or could something still work out? I can't immediately think of a free agent visit where the player later signed a deal, can you? Doesn't mean it's never happened, I just can't immediately think of an example.

Ryan Pickett left, went home and decided between multiple offers. Woodson did not immediately choose the Packers offer. Its a sign the team hasn't met all the conditions or they player is hoping for something better.

Ironically, the longer it goes, the better the chances he gets signed.

3irty1
03-16-2016, 11:37 AM
It'd be nice to supplement our slow one-trick pony with a fast one-trick pony but if this were to go down I still want another tight end. One that can block.

gbgary
03-16-2016, 08:40 PM
if it didn't get done while he was there...it ain't happenin.

woodbuck27
03-16-2016, 08:45 PM

Has he been to Green Bay and left already?

Here's all I have as of 11 Hours ago:

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/player-news/17435/free-agent-jared-cook-making-visit-to-packers

written by Joe Redemann on Wednesday, March 16th, 2016 at 10:55am EDT
Follow them at JayArr_FF

Free agent Jared Cook making visit to Packers

Free agent tight end Jared Cook, formerly of the Los Angeles Rams, is visiting the Green Bay Packers.

woodbuck27
03-16-2016, 08:54 PM

and the Night Life is awesome in Green Bay.

We'll know ...when we really know he's signed elsewhere.

Rutnstrut
03-16-2016, 08:57 PM

Shocker.

pittstang5
03-16-2016, 09:01 PM
When I heard the news of him coming in, I figured GB will be used as we always are to drive his price up....but I'm not sure who else is interested in Cook. He'll probably sign with Cleveland tomorrow.

SMBASS
03-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Watch the Bears sign Cook now that they've traded Bennett.

Pugger
03-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Watch the Bears sign Cook now that they've traded Bennett.

Is Cook better than Zach Miller?

SMBASS
03-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Is Cook better than Zach Miller?

I'm honestly don't know a lot about either player Pugger. I was thinking it would be perfect for the Bears to not even give us a chance to at least kick the tires regarding Bennett and then turning around and screwing us over by signing Cook who seems to be the only TE we've shown any interest in.

In other words, just giving me another reason to dislike the Bears even more!

Pugger
03-17-2016, 11:23 AM
I'm honestly don't know a lot about either player Pugger. I was thinking it would be perfect for the Bears to not even give us a chance to at least kick the tires regarding Bennett and then turning around and screwing us over by signing Cook who seems to be the only TE we've shown any interest in.

In other words, just giving me another reason to dislike the Bears even more!

We don't need more reasons to dislike the bares!! :wink: :lol:

Fritz
03-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Didn't Cook just re-up with the Rams?

Pugger
03-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Didn't Cook just re-up with the Rams?

I just checked a bunch of football sites and I didn't see any news about that.

Fritz
03-18-2016, 08:54 AM
I thought I'd heard of a tweet in which he said something like "horns forever!"

Did he go to Texas?

Or does he enjoy being cuckolded?

pittstang5
03-18-2016, 08:37 PM
too much time....not gonna happen. maybe it's for the best.

Bretsky
03-18-2016, 08:47 PM
I can't see GB going into next season with Richard Plodgers and his 5.5 fourty.... as our primary receiving TE

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2016, 09:28 PM
too much time....not gonna happen. maybe it's for the best.

Likely. I think GB gave him a number (which has to be under $3M because the Pack doesn't have that much to spend). He finds something better or comes crawling back to the Packers if a better number isn't out there.

Bretsky
03-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Spot on; at this point we just have to pray nobody expresses an interest. IF they do likely they go higher and he' gone. The longer this milks on odds increased he comes back to GB

woodbuck27
03-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Spot on; at this point we just have to pray nobody expresses an interest. IF they do likely they go higher and he' gone. The longer this milks on odds increased he comes back to GB

He'll be offered 2 years at about $8-9M$.

Oweing solely to his potential

He can't boast a lot going 19 games without producing a single TD

I just checked Rotoworld and there's no update on Jared Cook since it was announced that he'd be visiting Green Bay.

Fritz
03-20-2016, 09:47 AM
I hope they do sign Cook for a reasonable number - at least it gives MM an option out there, and this does not look like a great draft for TE's.

pbmax
03-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Just looked it up: Woodson signed April 27, 2006. We might be waiting a while on this one.

Patler
03-20-2016, 12:50 PM
He'll be offered 2 years at about $8-9M$.

Oweing solely to his potential

He can't boast a lot going 19 games without producing a single TD

I just checked Rotoworld and there's no update on Jared Cook since it was announced that he'd be visiting Green Bay.

I'm not sure a guy going into his 7th season will be paid for "potential". I think he will be paid based on what he has been.

Fritz
03-20-2016, 01:36 PM
He is what we thought he was.

Fritz
03-20-2016, 02:06 PM
So - Cook or Dansby?

gbgary
03-20-2016, 02:12 PM
i'd say cook as the o was the problem last year...not the d. if clay has to play inside so be it. draft the best available lb in the 2nd round. draft the best available wr in the 1st...again, because the o was the problem last year. o-line and d-line after that. maybe even o-line in the 2nd.

red
03-20-2016, 05:29 PM
So - Cook or Dansby?

cut peppers who was invisible for 95% of last year and use his money to sign both

then move clay back outside and actually draft a guy who could develop into a good ILB someday, (i'm looking at you jaylon smith)

gbgary
03-20-2016, 05:38 PM
cut peppers who was invisible for 95% of last year and use his money to sign both

then move clay back outside and actually draft a guy who could develop into a good ILB someday, (i'm looking at you jaylon smith)

peppers must have graded well or they would've already let him go...no?

Rutnstrut
03-20-2016, 06:21 PM

That's a very good plan. Unfortunately TT and Stubby have a hard on for part time Peppers.

Bretsky
03-20-2016, 08:33 PM
So - Cook or Dansby?

Whoever accepts our bottom feeder offer 1st.

Bretsky
03-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Just looked it up: Woodson signed April 27, 2006. We might be waiting a while on this one.

Woodson was out there a while; he wanted to play CB and even late in the game he seemed to want to go to Tampa Bay over GB.

Rumor had it GB went after Arrington but when he went elsewhere they really wanted Chuck.

The only early on FA signing I can ever remember with TTT was Pickett...and even Pickett left GB w/o a deal to nibble elsewhere but then came back

woodbuck27
03-20-2016, 10:25 PM

There ...........is proper GM style thinking members.

Patler
03-20-2016, 10:33 PM
The only early on FA signing I can ever remember with TTT was Pickett...and even Pickett left GB w/o a deal to nibble elsewhere but then came back

I thought Pickett signed almost immediately because his wife told him GB was where she wanted to raise her kids?

Patler
03-20-2016, 10:43 PM
Cut the guy who had 1/4 of all the sacks the Packers had last year? (Peppers)
He had 10.5 sacks. next was Matthews with 6, then Daniels with 4.0.

Maybe he was invisible a lot because he actually was NOT on the field. He played considerably less, didn't he?

George Cumby
03-20-2016, 11:09 PM
Please stop using facts and reason. It confuses some people.

George Cumby
03-20-2016, 11:10 PM
There ...........is thinking members.

Don't let the little head think for the big one. It's trouble every time.

pbmax
03-21-2016, 10:39 AM
I thought Pickett signed almost immediately because his wife told him GB was where she wanted to raise her kids?

He went home and debated two or three offers (Buffalo I want to say). It only took a couple of days. Woodson was weeks.

Upnorth
03-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Other than Harrell I can't think of anyone tt has held onto for too long. If we cut peppers I don't think he would sit around long. 10.5 sacks = contract,

Pugger
03-21-2016, 04:19 PM
Of course we are assuming we made a contract offer to Cook. Cook isn't exactly in high demand so one would think he'd be a Packer today if we offered him anything somewhat reasonable. He's been unemployed for over a month.

Joemailman
03-21-2016, 07:48 PM
Of course we are assuming we made a contract offer to Cook. Cook isn't exactly in high demand so one would think he'd be a Packer today if we offered him anything somewhat reasonable. He's been unemployed for over a month.

I'm guessing TT made him an offer he wasn't thrilled with. Given that some time has gone by, I'm hopeful he's not getting any offers he likes and may take the Packer offer. He'll probably do something before the draft, because any teams he has an offer from may withdraw the offer if they end up drafting a TE.

run pMc
03-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Other than Harrell I can't think of anyone tt has held onto for too long. If we cut peppers I don't think he would sit around long. 10.5 sacks = contract,

Which -- Justin, or Graham? ;)

Pugger
03-22-2016, 12:25 AM
Was Graham a draft pick?

Dear god, why did they screw around with that guy for so long? I can't believe they couldn't find somebody better than that stiff.

Bretsky
03-22-2016, 07:11 AM

Brad Just a Guy Jones
Sherry Sherrod

Pugger
03-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Brad Just a Guy Jones
Sherry Sherrod

We'll never know if Sherrod could play or not seeing he shattered that leg during his rookie season. Jones looked like Tarzan and played like Jane.

pbmax
03-22-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm guessing TT made him an offer he wasn't thrilled with. Given that some time has gone by, I'm hopeful he's not getting any offers he likes and may take the Packer offer. He'll probably do something before the draft, because any teams he has an offer from may withdraw the offer if they end up drafting a TE.

Most FAs won't visit unless they have talked contract parameters. Most want an offer first, but after the big money gets spent, there isn't as much leverage.

Smidgeon
03-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Brad Jones also had four sacks in limited playing time his rookie year. It makes sense he kept getting chances.

pbmax
03-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Brad Jones also had four sacks in limited playing time his rookie year. It makes sense he kept getting chances.

Overall Jones was a find and a great utility piece. But his second contract was inflated by the hope he could develop inside. Never happened.

Upnorth
03-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Brad Just a Guy Jones
Sherry Sherrod

Sherrod was not kept around too long. He was given a chance, but could never recover for the leg injury. Perhaps you are right about Brad Jones, but it is arguable. Also we had no other ilb to replace him...sound familiar?

Bretsky
03-22-2016, 08:19 PM
Overall Jones was a find and a great utility piece. But his second contract was inflated by the hope he could develop inside. Never happened.

sugarcoater

JAJ was a sack of shit

Rutnstrut
03-22-2016, 08:26 PM
sugarcoater

JAJ was a sack of shit

A sack of shit is better than Jones.

pbmax
03-22-2016, 09:05 PM
sugarcoater

JAJ was a sack of shit

No one thought this after his rookie year. He was the best pass rusher they had outside of Clay and Raji.

Patler
03-22-2016, 10:13 PM
My god, a seventh round draft pick didn't become an all-pro. what a loser Brad Jones was.

Brad Jones was a "find" as a rookie. Actually played quite well filling in for Kampman the second half of the season, and replacing Kampman the next season. Even his first half season as starting mlb, after Bishop and Smith were lost, turned out quite good. Teams subsequently learned his weaknesses.

A seventh round draft pick who starts 36 games in 5 1/2 years, while playing solid ST's was a good return on the investment.

3irty1
03-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Jones was shit between the ears and seemed to get worse the longer he stayed inside.

That said as an athlete he was far from JAG. He's a comparable athlete to Clay.

Pugger
03-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Jones was shit between the ears and seemed to get worse the longer he stayed inside.

That said as an athlete he was far from JAG. He's a comparable athlete to Clay.

Is he playing on another team anywhere?

3irty1
03-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Is he playing on another team anywhere?

Not since November. He was at the bottom of the Philly depth chart before that.

Fritz
03-23-2016, 10:03 AM
sugarcoater

JAJ was a sack of shit

You just used "Brad Jones" and "sack" in the same post!