PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jones to start for bears against the Pack

Willard
09-03-2006, 05:40 PM
From KFFL.com:

Bears | T. Jones named the starter for Week 1
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:40:13 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears RB Thomas Jones has been named the starting running back for Week 1. When asked about how playing time at the position would be divided, head coach Love Smith said: " We have three good running backs and we'll let that all sort out on who plays what and I'll of that. I'll just say Thomas Jones is our starter and we're excited about that."

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 05:43 PM
That's too bad. I was hoping Benson would start.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Both will split carries

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Both will split carries

Is Benson on your fantasy team?
:D

I'd bet Jones gets a good majority of the carries because: 1) he's a better player, and 2) his teammates believe in him. The coaching staff is going to have a hard time giving Benson undeserving carries--because of his draft status--when his teammates don't believe in him.

Willard
09-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Thomas Jones put up some nice numbers against the Pack last year:

Dec3: 19 carries for 93 yds (4.9yd avg), long of 27 yds
Dec25: 25 carries for 105 yds (4.2yd avg), long of 25 yds, 1 TD

Orton only had 66 yds passing on 12/3 and Grossman had 166 yds passing on 12/25. I think we need to stop the run first. Dare Grossman to try to beat us with their passing game.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-03-2006, 06:07 PM
No he's not on my team, actually division 4 posted there rosters in the FF section. I just think that someone that was drafted so high and that is finally healthy, would get at least 10 carries. Hell, Benson may even be better, he just needs a chance.

These are my backs in FF:

L. Johnson
W. McGahee
S. Gado

Fritz
09-03-2006, 07:17 PM
The Bears have drafted for poop the past couple years, it seems. But they have found quality defenders, in the past.
Stop the run. Make Grossman beat the Pack with his arm.

BallHawk
09-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Bad News: Jones is starting, he's a better RB than Benson

Good News: Thomas Jones is starting, he's on my fantasy team. :D

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 09:57 PM
The One , Two punch of Jones and Benson(and Peterson as a back up) is going to show the weaknesses of alot of "D"'s this year, including your packers ! He carried for over 1300 yards last year with "D"'s stacking 8 in the box. You all knew we were going to run and still didn't stop us ! Now that you will have to show atleast alittle respect for the pass, our RB's will have even a better year !

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
09-03-2006, 10:11 PM
The One , Two punch of Jones and Benson(and Peterson as a back up) is going to show the weaknesses of alot of "D"'s this year, including your packers ! He carried for over 1300 yards last year with "D"'s stacking 8 in the box. You all knew we were going to run and still didn't stop us ! Now that you will have to show atleast alittle respect for the pass, our RB's will have even a better year !

GO BEARS !

Until Grossman shows something or Griese replaces him, teams are not going to respect your pass game.

I'm hoping Grossman stays the QB all year long.

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 10:22 PM
After he burns your DB's acouple times, you will HAVE to respect him, just alittle, atleast so far as to not stack 8 in the box !

GO BEARS !

FavreChild
09-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, it will be interesting to see how we gameplan vs. da Bears - especially since that was the excuse du jour for the debacle against the 'Nati. Our D better show the ability to adjust on Sunday.

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 11:16 PM
You sir are correct, but you have to admitt, even suggesting that DA BEARS have a passing game, means your team has to respect it enuff to not stack 8 in the box and atleast attemp to cover.

GO BEARS !

FavreChild
09-03-2006, 11:32 PM
If you are referring to me, then you mean "you MA'AM are correct."

Da Bears do have a passing game - not a strong one, but I would never suggest that it be discounted. Unfortunately, your coaching staff is too clever to ever get burned in that fashion. Which, again, is why I contend that I will be extremely disgusted if we don't show the ability to adjust accordingly to whatever scheme you might attempt.

BEARMAN
09-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Woh... you let...... girls in here? Great, now I have to watch my mouth... no F#ck, Sh@t, C%cks&cker, M*therf#cker or T1ts ? :twisted:
Sorry, it is hard to make out gender online...?

GO BEARS !

Willard
09-04-2006, 12:37 AM
I respect the bears' running game a lot more than the passing game. Considering the success Jones had last year, the Pack needs to gameplan to stop the run. If Grossman throws deep effectively and doesn't turn the ball over it will be a tough game. I would still gameplan to stop the run. It gives the Pack the best chance to win.

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Woh... you let...... girls in here? Great, now I have to watch my mouth... no F#ck, Sh@t, C%cks&cker, M*therf#cker or T1ts ? :twisted:

GO BEARS !

Who said anything about no swearing? By the way, we're not girls, we're women and if Grossman doesn't perform particularly well this Sunday, you guys are gonna have a full-blown quarterback controversy on your hands which is the last thing old Lovie wants. I believe that you will have a split locker room by game 4 or so. They may stack the box some and may stunt some, but I feel that they will likely come out and struggle a bit. I also believe that this coaching staff will be much better than the last one at adjusting on the fly and working with what the other team is giving them, so I think they'll do alright. It will be close, though.

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Why are they not starting Kyle? He won them so many games last season.... :cool:

BananaMan
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
No, we don't need to respect the pass at all.

Al Harris will shut down MM, and any WR that the Bears line up at split end will be shut down by Charles Woodson.

I hope we keep 8 in the box at all times, even though that goes against the scheme we use of trying to stop the run with just the front 7.

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Nick Collins will be playing his first game as a vet. I am expecting HUGE things from NC.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 02:51 PM

GO BEARS !

That's ok. I understand most Bear fans have gender issues..

BEARMAN
09-04-2006, 05:09 PM
NO we do not ! Wait, let me look, .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... Yep, I am still a man ! :lol:

Go head and stack the box, That will allow Rex to throw deep ! Pull back to defend the pass and Jones runs for 144 yards ! Either way, packers lose ! :twisted:

GO BEARS !

Willard
09-04-2006, 05:33 PM
NO we do not ! Wait, let me look, .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... Yep, I am still a man ! :lol:

Go head and stack the box, That will allow Rex to throw deep ! Pull back to defend the pass and Jones runs for 144 yards ! Either way, packers lose ! :twisted:

GO BEARS !

I'd take my chances on Grossman throwing deep. He is not the most accurate passer in the league (or in Chicago for that matter). This may the Pack's best chance to create a turnover or 2.

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM

GO BEARS !

Until Grossman shows something or Griese replaces him, teams are not going to respect your pass game.

I'm hoping Grossman stays the QB all year long.
I think you want to take that statement back now.

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:19 PM
No, we don't need to respect the pass at all.

Al Harris will shut down MM, and any WR that the Bears line up at split end will be shut down by Charles Woodson.

I hope we keep 8 in the box at all times, even though that goes against the scheme we use of trying to stop the run with just the front 7.
Banana you are Bananas. MM turned Harris into his Beotch today. :twisted: