#Packers preseason games:
8/7 vs. #Colts (@ProFootballHOF game)
8/11-15 vs. #Browns
8/18-22 vs. #Raiders
8/25-28 at #49ers
9/1-2 at #Chiefs

pbmax
04-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Here is the TV Schedule for those games.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
#Packers preseason
Aug. 7 HOF Indy on ESPN
Aug. 11-15 CLE (GB TV)
Aug. 18-22: OAK (GB TV)
Aug. 25-28: at SF (GB TV)
Sept. 1-2: at KC (GB TV)

pbmax
04-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Is Berman still involved in ESPN NFL Game coverage? If he is, I will be in media blackout mode for that HOF Game.

Cheesehead Craig
04-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Starting with pre-season only.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 11m11 minutes ago
#Packers preseason games:
8/7 vs. #Colts (@ProFootballHOF game)
8/11-15 vs. #Browns
8/18-22 vs. #Raiders
8/25-28 at #49ers
9/1-2 at #Chiefs

Maybe we'll get lucky and Joe Thomas will just decide to stay here after the Browns game. Do the whole Cuban defector gig.

wist43
04-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Is Berman still involved in ESPN NFL Game coverage? If he is, I will be in media blackout mode for that HOF Game.

And what has Mr. Berman done to upset thouest?

pbmax
04-07-2016, 07:16 PM
And what has Mr. Berman done to upset thouest?

He's just a clown at this point and the show isn't funny anymore. The one bit that used to entertain, the nicknames, is 30 years old now and doesn't apply to football.

The last thing he did that I enjoyed were the extended highlights with Tom Jackson, even then he was the lesser part. And that isn't even part of their TV package anymore.

mraynrand
04-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Berman has almost reach Dick Clark's New Years Drooling Eve territory. Sentimentality is great and all that but there's a graceful time to depart and after that its like watching Weekend at Bernies. Knocking a corpse around is funny for about a half hour then it becomes horror.

pbmax
04-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Berman has almost reach Dick Clark's New Years Drooling Eve territory. Sentimentality is great and all that but there's a graceful time to depart and after that its like watching Weekend at Bernies. Knocking a corpse around is funny for about a half hour then it becomes horror.

I especially do not understand ESPN's willingness to put him on baseball broadcasts. On games, or even at the Home Run Derby, he is objectively detracting from the experience by trying to upstage the live action. Its like Richard Simmons was invited to sit in for an inning and stayed for the entire event.

Tony Oday
04-08-2016, 07:50 AM
I can't believe you guys watch ESPN.

Cheesehead Craig
04-08-2016, 08:55 AM
I especially do not understand ESPN's willingness to put him on baseball broadcasts. On games, or even at the Home Run Derby, he is objectively detracting from the experience by trying to upstage the live action. Its like Richard Simmons was invited to sit in for an inning and stayed for the entire event.

I thought you loved Sweatin' to the Oldies? Wasn't that your Tues and Thurs night jam?

pbmax
04-08-2016, 09:20 AM
I thought you loved Sweatin' to the Oldies? Wasn't that your Tues and Thurs night jam?

Way too young and hip. More my speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=159sMOkEq5o

smuggler
04-08-2016, 09:37 AM

I don't! *Toot Toot Bitches!*

mraynrand
04-08-2016, 11:33 AM

sometimes they have sporting events on there.

LP
04-08-2016, 02:52 PM
sometimes they have sporting events on there.

Since when?

Cheesehead Craig
04-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Since when?

They claimed all but 4 of the friggin' college bowl games. Those of us who cut the cord think that's a pile of shit.

pbmax
04-08-2016, 10:20 PM
They claimed all but 4 of the friggin' college bowl games. Those of us who cut the cord think that's a pile of shit.

We cut the cord a while back. Really didn't miss it and could find it when the Packers or Badgers were on.

Just recently got it back on a promo deal to get 1 Gig internet and TV from another provider via broadband fiber. Unfortunately, after the introductory price period, the cost structure is so similar to cable we will probably give it up again.

woodbuck27
04-09-2016, 10:58 AM
http://cache.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/223881-Bitch-Please-Its-My-Birthday-Quote.jpg

Joemailman
04-14-2016, 12:09 AM
Season schedule will be announced Thursday at 7 P.M. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/375629661.html

Pugger
04-14-2016, 06:43 AM

If you want to watch a sporting event and it is only being aired on BSPN you really don't have another alternative.

Pugger
04-14-2016, 06:44 AM
Since when?

Monday night football and evening baseball games?

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Season schedule will be announced Thursday at 7 P.M. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/375629661.html

my heart is pounding right out of my chest

Cheesehead Craig
04-14-2016, 09:13 AM
my heart is pounding right out of my chest

You should see a doctor about that, I've heard nothing but bad things when that happens.

Joemailman
04-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Will this become a multi hour extravaganza like CBS announcing the NCAA bracket?

pbmax
04-14-2016, 09:25 AM
Will this become a multi hour extravaganza like CBS announcing the NCAA bracket?

The leaks are much more fun to follow than the broadcast.

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 09:35 AM
The leaks are much more fun to follow than the broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFejkhMMJxo

woodbuck27
04-14-2016, 11:49 AM

http://deskbg.com/i/c/1920x1200/wpp/2/2582/family-guy-watching-tv-desktop-background.png

"I really enjoy TSN Canada."

pbmax
04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
The #Packers will play the #Browns at 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 12, according to Cleveland

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
That's a pretty tight turnaround for the #Packers following the Sunday Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7 in Canton

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
The #Packers will play the #Browns at 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 12, according to Cleveland

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
That's a pretty tight turnaround for the #Packers following the Sunday Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7 in Canton

It's pretty easy to prep for a preseason game against a team without a QB. :)

Carolina_Packer
04-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Breaking down each team's schedule...that's appointment viewing, right there!

Joemailman
04-14-2016, 05:42 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/375772641.html

Packers will help christen Vikings new stadium on Sunday Night September 18. The 2 teams will meet at Lambeau on Dec, 24 at noon. Packers finish the season at Detroit on Jan.1. at noon.

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:02 PM
^ Had we been paying attention, that matchup in Week 1 or 2 seems obvious now.

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:11 PM
Kyle Cousineau ‏@KCousineau09 24m24 minutes ago
Again, per sources...Packers at home Wk3 vs DET, Wk5 vs NYG, Wk6 vs DAL, Wk7 vs CHI, Wk 9 vs IND, Wk 13 vs HOU, Wk 14 vs SEA & Wk 16 vs MIN

Week 1 @ Jaguars (I am sure it will be mild and a late game, right?)
Week 2 @ Vikes
Week 3 vs. Lions
Week 4 BYE??
Week 5 vs. Giants
Week 6 vs. Cowboys (love playing the Boys each year)
Week 7 vs. Bears (color rush Thursday game)
Week 8 @ Falcons
Week 9 vs. Colts
Week 10 @ Titans
Week 11 @ Redskins
Week 12 @ Eagles (28th-Monday night?) - Silverstein
Week 13 vs. Texans
Week 14 vs. Seachickens
Week 15 @ Bears
Week 16 vs. Vikings
Week 17 @ Lions

* missing a bye week in there, obvs. Looks likely its Week 10-12.

Still missing Washington and Tennessee away games.

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Ben Volin ✔‎@BenVolin
#Patriots will open the 2016 season at the #AZCardinals on Sunday Night Football. Hello, Chandler Jones http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/04/14/patriots-schedule/XAAHoNZWEsPsbelBwMp9GO/story.html …

JennaLaineBucs ‎@JennaLaineBucs
Source tells me the Bucs will open the season against the Falcons in Atlanta. Welcome back, Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith. #NFLScheduleRelease

Ben Volin ✔‎@BenVolin
So Week 1 will have a Super Bowl rematch (DEN-CAR) and the “consolation game” (NE-ARI)

Den-Car seems to be the Week 1 Thursday Opener.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgCWBDdUMAAncCU.jpg:large

Dave Softy Mahler ‎@Softykjr
Could it be? Bootlegged copy of Seahawks schedule? Opening vs Miami. Dont take this to the bank just yet though

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Mark Lane ‎@therealmarklane
The @nypostsports is reporting that the #Cowboys will open up against the #Giants in @ATTStadium on Sept. 11.

Zac Jackson ‎@AkronJackson
NFL Thanksgiving 2016 will start with Vikings at Lions at 12:30 p.m. ET.

Michael David Smith ‎@MichaelDavSmith
Panthers-Broncos will be the first time the NFL has scheduled a Super Bowl rematch for the Thursday night opener.

Silverstein has the last game of year at home versus Lions. But Cousineau, who has the home schedule, says its away. So Week 3 and 17 could be switched.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
#Packers will play at #Eagles on Monday night, Nov. 28, source said.

Packers NewsVerified account
‏@PGPackersNews
#Packers to open season at #Jaguars, #Vikings http://pck.rs/1WuEmlq

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Aaron Leming ‎@AaronLemingNFL
Add the second GB game to the list: #Bears

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgCkFa3UkAAvKg9.jpg:large

Eddie Case ‏@EC11885 23m23 minutes ago Houston, TX
I found it on the Internet, so it has to be true. #NFLScheduleRelease #Texans

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgCeogLVIAANjhM.jpg:large

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Scott Carasik ‏@CarasikS 25m25 minutes ago
BAsed on what I've been able to find for the #Falcons schedule on here. This is how it looks right now:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgCfO7VUMAA27cN.jpg:large

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:46 PM
NFL Leaks ‏@NFL_Leaks 15m15 minutes ago
http://NFL.com leaked this image on their website confirming all thanksgiving games.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgCj1NyUMAEMC9R.png:large

pbmax
04-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Well, there are three games on the net covering the Redskins, no help there. Nothing on Titans at all. Just not going to know before seven.

EDIT: Nevermind, got the last two before 7 PM. Whole thing broke on nfl.com :lol:

pbmax
04-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 44s44 seconds ago
The #Packers gold package games are Cleveland preseason (Aug. 12), NYG (Sunday night on Oct. 9) and Indy Colts (3:25 pm on Nov 6)

Gold package gets nice opponents, bad times.

Packers open with 2 road games, an early bye and then a 3 game road trip. I would scream for a while if I was the coach/GM.

Joemailman
04-14-2016, 07:09 PM
Packers bye week is Week 4. I can't imagine they're happy about that.

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Not to be overconfident or anything, but the Packers have it a whole lot easier this season - IMO.

pittstang5
04-14-2016, 08:37 PM
This Packer schedule sucks. The opponents....meh, we knew who they would be. Starting the first two on the road, ending the season on the road and a week 4 bye. Who pissed off the schedulers?

pbmax
04-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
In case I forgot to mention it, #Packers have five primetime games this year, Three NBC, one ESPN and one CBS/NFLN/Twitter.

Sunday Night: Vikes Home Opener, Giants, @Redskins

Monday Night: @Eagles

Thursday Night Twitter: Bears

Fosco33
04-14-2016, 09:34 PM
Not pleased. Early bye, home opener in wk 3, our suspended guys can't play til mid Oct, 3 straight road games and quite a few cold weather games.

Bossman641
04-14-2016, 09:44 PM
This schedule is awful

BZnDallas
04-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I kinda have to disagree with y'all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excited about a week 4 bye. But as far as 3 straight road games go, I'm happy its Mariota, 'You Like That', and Sam F'n Bradford (currently). And to open on the road at Jax, I mean they're improved, but I'll take that than opening against a powerhouse. Speaking of powerhouses, Seattle in GB in Dec could be helpful. They have started the leaking of talent and time will tell how long they can keep it up. A mini bye btwn weeks 7 and 8 with 10 days to prepare for Atl. You know MM will use the time efficiently. Our toughest stretch in my opinon is right after our bye. Weeks 5-9, NYG, Dal, Chi, 10 day mini bye for Atl, and home again for IND. That is 4 home games out of 5 and is the toughest part of the schedule. I look at this and say this is doable. Not every part of it is ideal, but the more I look, the more I see reason for optimism.

yetisnowman
04-14-2016, 10:19 PM
I mean really how much can we complain about a schedule that includes 8 games against the AFC south and NFC east? Early bye sucks, but come on. If we are healthy and improved what's the big deal? Three straight road games against inferior opponents? If we are a good team, the schedule is cake.
Side note: as an packer fan in atlanta, this year is a dream scenario.....
The 3 NFL cities closest to me all host the Packers this year. I'm pumped.

esoxx
04-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Packers have the 32nd ranked strength of schedule.

The early bye sucks.

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2016, 11:29 PM

The early bye sucks.

Yeah, this take precedence by a wide margin over all those complaints about the order and the bye week, etc.

Patler
04-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Packers bye week is Week 4. I can't imagine they're happy about that.

One time MM said he likes an early bye because it is a long grind from the start of training camp and immediately into the season. He also said an early bye gives a chance to reconsider things that are not as expected coming out of camp.

Of course, he has also said he likes late byes to recharge for a final push.

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 11:48 PM

based on the previous year, which typically means very little for the current year. See how tough it was when the season is over. It matters less who you play but when you play them, and their relative strengths at that time.

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 11:50 PM
One time MM said he likes an early bye because it is a long grind from the start of training camp and immediately into the season. He also said an early bye gives a chance to reconsider things that are not as expected coming out of camp.

Of course, he has also said he likes late byes to recharge for a final push.

If you go fourteen and o, you can take the last two weeks off, enjoy your bye and lose in the Divisional round. That's always a fun final four weeks.

pbmax
04-15-2016, 12:53 AM
We knew the opponents before tonight. The schedule release was not about the opponents, it is about the order. And the order stinks.

If we had a choice of this order AND the AFC South, then you might have something. But since they aren't linked, this order stinks all by itself.

Bossman641
04-15-2016, 06:15 AM
We knew the opponents before tonight. The schedule release was not about the opponents, it is about the order. And the order stinks.

If we had a choice of this order AND the AFC South, then you might have something. But since they aren't linked, this order stinks all by itself.

Exactly, the opponents for the upcoming year have been known for months. The layout of it is terrible. Two road games to open the season for the first time in 92 years. With the week 4 bye our suspended players won't be back practicing with the team for an extra week. Three straight road games in the middle of the year.

Pugger
04-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 44s44 seconds ago
The #Packers gold package games are Cleveland preseason (Aug. 12), NYG (Sunday night on Oct. 9) and Indy Colts (3:25 pm on Nov 6)

Gold package gets nice opponents, bad times.

Packers open with 2 road games, an early bye and then a 3 game road trip. I would scream for a while if I was the coach/GM.

This sucks, frankly. Why in the hell do they start giving teams a bye so damn early in the season? :x

pbmax
04-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 26m26 minutes ago
Interesting that the Packers always send a bunch of MM quotes with the schedule. Not yesterday.

Roger is going to get a very strongly worded letter. Possibly with some BBQ sauce stains.

BZnDallas
04-15-2016, 08:58 AM
You complain about 3 straight away games vs lesser opponents, yet have 4 out of 5 at home vs tougher opponents. Yes we already knew the opponents, and yes WHERE they are positioned is what matters. Give me 4 out of 5 at home then 3 on the road. Boohoo. Again. This could have been worse.

BZnDallas
04-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Playing Jax early can also be a blessing. They are going to be improved this year. Better to play them early before they start figuring things out. And vice versa its good to play Seattle later, possibly, the wheels could fall off by then. Although I'm not betting on it.

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2016, 09:29 AM
I think the worst the Packers could do is 10-6. The best that they can do is 12-4. I wonder what the over/under is on their seasonal record?

pbmax
04-15-2016, 09:35 AM
You complain about 3 straight away games vs lesser opponents, yet have 4 out of 5 at home vs tougher opponents. Yes we already knew the opponents, and yes WHERE they are positioned is what matters. Give me 4 out of 5 at home then 3 on the road. Boohoo. Again. This could have been worse.

That it could be worse can be said about any schedule. There is only one other team with a 3 game road trip (Washington), 3 other teams with 2 opening road games (Miami, Cincy and Tampa) and none of those teams has an earlier bye week.

Tampa comes closest at Week 6, but it had no triple roadies.

pbmax
04-15-2016, 09:40 AM

Also not sure how having the tough opponents grouped together helps. We already knew they were home games, but why bunch together?

pbmax
04-15-2016, 09:41 AM
I think the worst the Packers could do is 10-6. The best that they can do is 12-4. I wonder what the over/under is on their seasonal record?

Bovada doesn't list any over/under season win numbers yet. Might not be out yet.

BZnDallas
04-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Also not sure how having the tough opponents grouped together helps. We already knew they were home games, but why bunch together?

That part might not necessarily help, but the bye just before it starts and the mini bye btwn week 7 and 8 does. I realize we all knew those were going to be home games. But having less travel tume while having to play tough teams could be a good thing. Its all in how you look at it.

pbmax
04-15-2016, 09:59 AM
In general, this slate of opponents and thus the overall schedule has more tough games at home, at least considering the most likely performance we can project right now.

BZnDallas
04-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Id rather play a couple tough teams close together at home than play 2 tough teams while having to fly home from a Westcoast road trip. Speaking of WC roadies. Zero games on the Westcoast. MN is as far West as this team travels this year.

pbmax
04-15-2016, 10:16 AM
^ That is a function of home and away timing for NFC opponents* and the AFC South being the inter conference matchup.

*Rams would be a west coast game now

BZnDallas
04-15-2016, 10:21 AM
True PB, thanks for the discussion. Just hope MM has his team ready to play in the Dallas parking lot if they have to. Hahaha. Hey, somebody had to issue that line inside 24 hours of the sched release.

mraynrand
04-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 26m26 minutes ago
Interesting that the Packers always send a bunch of MM quotes with the schedule. Not yesterday.

Roger is going to get a very strongly worded letter. Possibly with some BBQ sauce stains.

Rodger will just tell Stubby that he's lucky they didn't schedule all the games in parking lots.

mraynrand
04-15-2016, 10:48 AM
In general, this slate of opponents and thus the overall schedule has more tough games at home, at least considering the most likely performance we can project right now.

made you blink :)

woodbuck27
04-15-2016, 10:52 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/375772641.html

Packers will help christen Vikings new stadium on Sunday Night September 18. The 2 teams will meet at Lambeau on Dec, 24 at noon. Packers finish the season at Detroit on Jan.1. at noon.

GOOD NEWS !

"The Packers have the weakest schedule in the NFL based on the combined 2015 winning percentage of their opponents (.457). Their road schedule is particularly soft with the eight opponents combining for a .438 winning percentage, including .400 for the five non-division foes."

woodbuck27
04-15-2016, 11:10 AM
I don't like the relatively early bye week.....week 4.

13 straight weeks of play is adversity in itself.

Then there's this short week:

•Week 12 - at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, Monday, Nov. 28, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)

•Week 13 - HOUSTON TEXANS, Sunday, Dec. 4, noon

Overall I love this schedule. It looks like an easy touch to have a fine record and get a great seed in the playoffs.

pittstang5
04-15-2016, 08:50 PM
I didn't realize until today - The Packers play the last two preseason games on the road - then the first two games of the regular season on the road. I don't care who the opponents are or how far they have to travel - it's Bull Shit.

ThunderDan
04-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Worst schedule ever!

Wtf NFL. You can't figure out a way not to have a team play 3 or more games either at home or on the road in a row.

And then you do it to the same team twice.

Also this year, first time ever a team playing London doesn't have a bye the next week.

ThunderDan
04-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Another suggestion for the NFL, give all the teams in the same division the same bye week.

pbmax
04-15-2016, 10:44 PM
Worst schedule ever!

Wtf NFL. You can't figure out a way not to have a team play 3 or more games either at home or on the road in a row.

And then you do it to the same team twice.

Also this year, first time ever a team playing London doesn't have a bye the next week.

Colts requested the bye week be later. They said they got home earlier than from a late west coast game according to Peter King.

Patler
04-16-2016, 05:33 AM
I think they should drastically narrow the window for byes. I wouldn't mind if they limited it to two weeks.

At one time all teams in a division did have the same bye week, didn't they?

Fritz
04-16-2016, 09:16 AM
The early bye is the worst of it. Is there a way to not have anyone have a bye until week six?

ThunderDan
04-16-2016, 12:35 PM
I think they should drastically narrow the window for byes. I wouldn't mind if they limited it to two weeks.

I love this idea.

8 teams from 2 divisions get byes. Bye weeks are 8,9,10 & 11.

pbmax
04-16-2016, 01:12 PM
You would go down from 13 games available in the 2 traditional Sunday slots to 9. I bet the networks don't like that idea. Some Sundays are already terrible matchup wise.

Striker
04-16-2016, 02:05 PM
I think will be a deceptively tough schedule. We do get favorable conditions for the perceived tough/easy opponents, though I can't imagine the Colts will be as bad as they were last season. The Jags do have some weapons and it's likely going to be a hot one (and MM led teams seem to have interesting starts every year). The North should fall more in line of what we're used to especially with the Vikings having a 31 year old AP this year and the Bears losing the OC who helped reduce Cutler's mistakes (and losing the security blanket in Bennett).

The offensive line better be ready for the brutal run of Houston/Seattle/@Chicago/Minnesota.

woodbuck27
04-16-2016, 02:27 PM

I like that..... every team gets two bye weeks.

That seems too logical and the NFL's concerns with player health.

Striker
04-16-2016, 02:28 PM
I like that..... every team gets two bye weeks.

That seems too logical and the NFL's concerns with player health.

I think Patler means there would be only 2 possible weeks where a team could have a bye week. Not 2 bye weeks per team.

woodbuck27
04-16-2016, 02:39 PM
I think Patler means there would be only 2 possible weeks where a team could have a bye week. Not 2 bye weeks per team.

Yes that option Patler posts is good but why wouldn't mine be a beneficial possibility?

mraynrand
04-16-2016, 02:49 PM
I can say this with complete confidence: The Packer schedule is much better than the 1040 Schedule C worksheet.

Upnorth
04-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Considering who we were determined to play, I don't think our schedule could be made much harder. A 4 week road trip and a 3 week road trip. Closing with 3 division games
.. Rams choosing to help the Titans.

pbmax
04-18-2016, 06:25 PM
So Thursday October 20 seems to be the Thursday Color Rush game for the Packers.

According to PFT via Deadspin (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/16/nfl-apparently-has-a-plan-to-avoid-color-blind-confusion-for-color-rush-games/), one team each week will wear white, the other their color rush option. Home team gets to pick.

So Packers will be in all white home unis or all yellow/gold unis:

http://deadspin.com/these-are-maybe-the-colors-for-this-seasons-nfl-color-1771600528

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgL-5KHUUAA710k.jpg:large

Bears would either be in orange or white.

http://twitter.com/NFL_Leaks/status/721419148920619008/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

pbmax
04-18-2016, 06:27 PM
I hope the Ravens wear the flag pattern AS the color rush, just as a repeating pattern, over and over.

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst032.gif

QBME
04-18-2016, 06:32 PM
So Thursday October 20 seems to be the Thursday Color Rush game for the Packers.

According to PFT via Deadspin (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/16/nfl-apparently-has-a-plan-to-avoid-color-blind-confusion-for-color-rush-games/), one team each week will wear white, the other their color rush option. Home team gets to pick.

So Packers will be in all white home unis or all yellow/gold unis:

http://deadspin.com/these-are-maybe-the-colors-for-this-seasons-nfl-color-1771600528

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgL-5KHUUAA710k.jpg:large

Bears would either be in orange or white.

http://twitter.com/NFL_Leaks/status/721419148920619008/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

All white with green & gold numbers offsets, please.

Guiness
04-18-2016, 06:47 PM
Rodger will just tell Stubby that he's lucky they didn't schedule all the games in parking lots.

In the parking lot at Wimbledon! Not sure how the Pack continues to manage no away games in London, is it really because of how good a draw they are on the road?

Guiness
04-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Colts requested the bye week be later. They said they got home earlier than from a late west coast game according to Peter King.

Yup, their choice. Makes a little sense too - flight time to London is roughly the same as that to SF. I wonder what customs/etc for the international flight is like for them, I assume they have an easier time getting through than the rest of us.

Striker
04-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Yes that option Patler posts is good but why wouldn't mine be a beneficial possibility?

It would be better for fans and more "fair" for teams...but I'm sure the NFL's financials help determine the bye weeks.

Rastak
04-18-2016, 07:42 PM
It would be better for fans and more "fair" for teams...but I'm sure the NFL's financials help determine the bye weeks.

On NFL Radio they talked for a good hour I believe on how the schedule is created. They take input from teams, weight things the way they want and let the (multiple) computers churn through and deliver a schedule that meets their high level criteria.

KYPack
04-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Well boys, the net is buzzin'.

It'll be Yellow (Gold?) for the Pack and Orange for the Bears on 10/20.

When did this color rush shit become some kind of standard?

Freak Out
04-18-2016, 11:34 PM
Color rush? WTF are you talking about? SAMSUNG...now color rush...the end is nigh!

Fritz
04-19-2016, 06:50 AM
This color rush bullshit is bullshit.

Patler
04-19-2016, 06:53 AM
Where did it come from? When? Why?

Smidgeon
04-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Part of Nike's deal with the NFL to promote their jerseys and make consumers want to buy yet another Jersey their favorite team.

mraynrand
04-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Wasn't 'color rush' the reason behind that game last year where it looked like electronic football? I remember all yellow versus all red. Weird.

Patler
04-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Does the term "color rush" have relevance to anything?

pbmax
04-19-2016, 08:41 AM
^Marketing and the science of gullibility.

pbmax
04-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Wasn't 'color rush' the reason behind that game last year where it looked like electronic football? I remember all yellow versus all red. Weird.

Yes and they also had a game where the colors were red and green (Jets v Bills I think), rendering it unwatchable for people with the most common form of color blindness.

Electronic football plus mustard versus ketchup.

Guiness
04-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Part of Nike's deal with the NFL to promote their jerseys and make consumers want to buy yet another Jersey their favorite team.

A way to sneak in a 4th jersey, home, away, alternate and colour rush!

mraynrand
04-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Yes and they also had a game where the colors were red and green (Jets v Bills I think), rendering it unwatchable for people with the most common form of color blindness.

Electronic football plus mustard versus ketchup.

you can easily fix that in Photoshop

woodbuck27
04-19-2016, 10:13 PM

Just the other day I was watching a bit on just how very complicated it is to raise a final schedule in the NFL with each team getting a single Bye Week. It's extremely complicated logistically.

I'll try to raise that info. .....maybe tomorrow.

Patler
04-20-2016, 02:05 AM
On WTMJ yesterday, Mark Tauscher emphasized the fact that the Packers do not travel west out of the central time zone this year, so in that regard their travel schedule is very easy. While they travel numerous weeks in a row, the trips are easy trips and will not interrupt their weekly routines very much. He said that is a more important aspect of the travel schedule for the players.

Last year MM said one of the most challenging aspects of their schedule was that they couldn't get into a routine. With the scheduling of Monday games, Thursday games, Sunday night games, west coast trips and their bye, they never had the same schedule two weeks in a row for practices and meetings.

mraynrand
04-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Last year MM said one of the most challenging aspects of their schedule was that they couldn't get into a routine. With the scheduling of Monday games, Thursday games, Sunday night games, west coast trips and their bye, they never had the same schedule two weeks in a row for practices and meetings.

Another key for my collection
For security I race for my connection
Bird in a flying cage you'll never get to know me well
The world's my oyster, a hotel room's a prison cell

Must I be the man in a suitcase
Is it me, the man with the stranger's face

Guiness
04-20-2016, 08:28 AM
Just the other day I was watching a bit on just how very complicated it is to raise a final schedule in the NFL with each team getting a single Bye Week. It's extremely complicated logistically.

I'll try to raise that info. .....maybe tomorrow.

I look at the number of games in a baseball, basketball and hockey schedule and fail to see how scheduling 16 games is much of a challenge at all, relatively speaking.