PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Draft

Smidgeon
04-13-2016, 11:34 AM
I didn't know where else to put this, so I'm starting a new thread.

GBPG has an article about TT's success in the second round compared to the rest of the NFL. The story is largely built around the singular fact that TT has drafted more pro bowlers in the second round than any other team. The rest of the narrative supports that angle.

The author calls the second round the largest disparity for TT vs the NFL, but based on games started, that's simply not true. Also, he calls the first round roughly the same as the NFL average, but that's also not true. Here are the actual conclusions using the statistics he misrepresents:

TT is 20% below average in the first round (likely because he's consistently drafting in the late 20s), but far from "on par with the NFL average".
TT is 22% above average in the second round--which is impressive as the article states.

But most impressive is his fourth round where he bats 45% better than the NFL average in games started; the Packers actually get more production out of the fourth round than they do the third (NFL 4th rounders average 80% of the starts as their 3rd rounders; the Packers get 133%).

Just some narrative inaccuracies I thought I'd correct.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/draft/2016/04/12/ted-thompson-dominates-nfl-drafts-2nd-round/82933358/

MadScientist
04-13-2016, 12:34 PM
The problem with the article is that it is based off percentages of the total, which always adds up to 100%. Also the number of picks is not accounted for, so the comp picks are liable to push up some of the higher rounds, and trades change the numbers as well. It might be better to have rates expressed as starts per player picked per round, and games per player picked per round. Harder to describe the numbers, but potentially more meaningful (for whatever meaning you can really get out of this sort of thing).

pbmax
04-13-2016, 01:07 PM
^ I think that is why the article focused on the 2nd round success, rather than the 4th. But as per newspaper usual, they leave the necessary detail unmentioned.

Bretsky
04-13-2016, 09:04 PM
This goes to support my annual hope that TT trades down and out of round 1 to pick up another 2nd and 4th. Then he trades back into round 2 for a 3rd and 4th so we end up with 3 second rounders. That and ban Fresno State from our scouting trips :))

Seems like TT has drafted some slugs in round one....minues AROD and Clay.

Patler
04-13-2016, 11:10 PM
This goes to support my annual hope that TT trades down and out of round 1 to pick up another 2nd and 4th. Then he trades back into round 2 for a 3rd and 4th so we end up with 3 second rounders. That and ban Fresno State from our scouting trips :))

Seems like TT has drafted some slugs in round one....minues AROD and Clay.

Packers draft positions in the first round:

24, 5, 16, 9, 26, 23, 32, 28, 26, 21, 30.

Over half of those picks are in the lower quarter of the round (OK, OK technically #24 is not the lower quarter, but #23 is close, too.) Only two picks were firmly in the upper half of the round. Average at #22, well into the lower half. As luck would have it, when they had their highest pick at #5, it wasn't one of the stronger 1st rounds.

TT's first five first round picks averaged at #16, and he got his most important pick in Rodgers, and three immediate contributors in Hawk, Raji and Matthews. His last 6 drafts averaged 10 slots lower, at #26/27. At that, he got immediate contributors in Bulaga, Dix and Randall.

Not making any argument about it, just offering some perspective on what they have been faced with, and what they have achieved.

Upnorth
04-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Is there anywhere to find historical first round analysis broken down by quartile? So expected results of 1st 8 2nd 8 etc?

Patler
04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Is there anywhere to find historical first round analysis broken down by quartile? So expected results of 1st 8 2nd 8 etc?

I suppose one of the things you can look at is the trade value charts. In one chart, the two highest 4th quartile values, #25 (720 points) and #26(700 points) combined barely equal #8 (1400 points)

pbmax
04-14-2016, 11:06 AM

http://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/

They have a value for each pick. The AV column of values is the average value of a player according to Pro-Football-Reference. The NFL column lists Jimmy Johnson's chart value like Patler mentioned.

woodbuck27
04-14-2016, 11:14 AM
I suppose one of the things you can look at is the trade value charts. In one chart, the two highest 4th quartile values, #25 (720 points) and #26(700 points) combined barely equal #8 (1400 points)

There's a lot of confusion the last 4-5 seasons and what Trade Value Chart should be considered fairest RE: Trades.

Patler would you please LINK to the TVC you reference. Thanks.

run pMc
04-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Another thing to consider -- and which Patler alluded to re: the Hawk pick at #5, is that some years there aren't 32 players considered by scouts as worthy of being a 1st round pick...so those players get picked even though they are 2nd round talent. This year is supposedly one of those years, BTW.
The round (and in the case of the 1st round, where) a player is taken matters from an expectation of talent and performance. I'd expect a Top 5 player to be more likely to make more Pro Bowls over their career than someone taken at the end of the 1st round, and more likely to make the Pro Bowl within 3 years vs. someone taken at the bottom of the 5th round.

Patler
04-14-2016, 11:06 PM
There's a lot of confusion the last 4-5 seasons and what Trade Value Chart should be considered fairest RE: Trades.

Patler would you please LINK to the TVC you reference. Thanks.

I just have a couple printouts in my desk of charts published over the years. No links. Sorry.
I will see if I can find some.

Patler
04-14-2016, 11:14 PM
Here are a few:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/
http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php
http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

pbmax
04-15-2016, 01:14 AM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h3 hours ago
Carson Wentz would be first non-FBS No. 1 pick since Ed "Too Tall" Jones

I don't actually care much, except that Too Tall Jones was a very good player with a great nickname.

Joemailman
04-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Updated report on Jaylon Smith still projects he will miss entire 2016 season. What to do with a top 5 talent recovering from a bad knee injury? I'm guessing he goes sometime on Friday.

Patler
04-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Updated report on Jaylon Smith still projects he will miss entire 2016 season. What to do with a top 5 talent recovering from a bad knee injury? I'm guessing he goes sometime on Friday.

Some teams talk about their compensatory picks as "freebies" to take a shot with a guy. Perhaps one of the teams with a third round compensatory pick will use it on him. If he is still available (which I doubt), I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers use one of their three fourth round picks on him.

red
04-16-2016, 11:50 AM

i think he still goes in the first

i think i agree with him, from what i've seen, he probably IS the best defensive player in the draft

he's got special talent, someone will probably jump on him in the first IMO

too bad we don't have a backup plan at ILB where we could afford to redshirt a guy for a year

red
04-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Another thing to consider -- and which Patler alluded to re: the Hawk pick at #5, is that some years there aren't 32 players considered by scouts as worthy of being a 1st round pick...so those players get picked even though they are 2nd round talent. This year is supposedly one of those years, BTW.
The round (and in the case of the 1st round, where) a player is taken matters from an expectation of talent and performance. I'd expect a Top 5 player to be more likely to make more Pro Bowls over their career than someone taken at the end of the 1st round, and more likely to make the Pro Bowl within 3 years vs. someone taken at the bottom of the 5th round.

i don't understand or buy this argument at all that TT misses on so many first round picks because he always picks later in the round

and the evidence is that so many good players go in all the other rounds each year

its not like you can only select that players in the first that are projected as first rounders.. where all the good ones are gone and you go, oh well i guess i have to pick one of the other projected first rounders that sucks

if all the good "first rounders" are gone, the take the best "second round" guy, or trade down

the fact of the matters is TT has liked the guys he drafted, and quite a few of them have turned out to be complete shit or close to it

Maxie the Taxi
04-16-2016, 12:27 PM
A guy becomes a 1st round talent when a team picks him in the 1st round and not before, despite what the analysts and pundits say.

Is Carl Nassib a first round talent? Ezekial Elliot? They will be if a team judges them so and picks them.

It has everything to do with judgement and, if they are picked in the 1st round, there are no guarantees regarding performance.

pbmax
04-16-2016, 01:07 PM
It has everything to do with judgement and, if they are picked in the 1st round, there are no guarantees regarding performance.

It is not quite that much of a crapshoot. Not only are the odds better of getting a better player the higher you go, several other things happen.

You get reps in practice and games much earlier and have a longer term contract. As problematic as that can be for players who outperform it early, it also means a player gets a minimum of four years to demonstrate he was worth the pick. The contract can also crowd out competition at the position.

All these things add up to an increased likelihood of success.

But as you say, the first round is still 50/50 and not many have cracked to code to beat that number unless you draft in the top 15 several years in a row (49ers).

SMBASS
04-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Here's something I found that's kind of interesting. Granted it's based on a small sample size, (Drafts between 2000 and 2007) and it involves players making the Pro-Bowl which can be bullshit because of players being selected based on name or team recognition.

Average number of Pro Bowl selections per year by round drafted from 2000 - 2007 (8 yrs.)

1st Rd. - 12.5 per year
2nd Rd. - 5.5 per year
3rd Rd. - 2.0 per year
4th Rd. - 2.375 per year
5th Rd. - 1.625 per year
6th Rd. - 1.5 per year
7th Rd. - 0.75 per year

UDFA's - 4.125 per year

pbmax
04-16-2016, 01:32 PM
nm

woodbuck27
04-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Here's something I found that's kind of interesting. Granted it's based on a small sample size, (Drafts between 2000 and 2007) and it involves players making the Pro-Bowl which can be bullshit because of players being selected based on name or team recognition.

Average number of Pro Bowl selections per year by round drafted from 2000 - 2007 (8 yrs.)

1st Rd. - 12.5 per year
2nd Rd. - 5.5 per year
3rd Rd. - 2.0 per year
4th Rd. - 2.375 per year
5th Rd. - 1.625 per year
6th Rd. - 1.5 per year
7th Rd. - 0.75 per year

UDFA's - 4.125 per year

UDFA's - 4.125 per year = Impressive and surprizing !

I hope the Packer Scouting Dept. is busting it's ass ....scouting.

Upnorth
04-16-2016, 02:53 PM
The pro bowl is pointless for a measure of success since fans are allowed to vote now. Plus I have 12 QB's could say they were selected for the pb in 2015.

SMBASS
04-16-2016, 03:05 PM
The pro bowl is pointless for a measure of success since fans are allowed to vote now. Plus I have 12 QB's could say they were selected for the pb in 2015.

Yep...absolutely agree. Not sure what the objective measuring stick for, "success" would be anymore. Hall of Fame players is far too small of a sample size and, "starts" doesn't mean much because a lot of marginal players rack up starts on pretty crappy teams.

esoxx
04-16-2016, 03:24 PM
The NFL All Pro team is the measuring stick.

Maxie the Taxi
04-16-2016, 03:59 PM
It is not quite that much of a crapshoot. Not only are the odds better of getting a better player the higher you go, several other things happen.

You get reps in practice and games much earlier and have a longer term contract. As problematic as that can be for players who outperform it early, it also means a player gets a minimum of four years to demonstrate he was worth the pick. The contract can also crowd out competition at the position.

All these things add up to an increased likelihood of success.

But as you say, the first round is still 50/50 and not many have cracked to code to beat that number unless you draft in the top 15 several years in a row (49ers).All true.

I guess my point is there is really no objective criteria. It's all judgement of team GM's and such. So in that sense there is no guarantee.

pbmax
04-16-2016, 06:08 PM

Its too restrictive. So few players get on the team that its useless for most players in the League. And its useless for most players in the draft, though you could probably use it to track success in rounds over time.

The Pro-Football-Reference AV measurement uses Pro Bowls but adds other factors. And the pick value chart I linked to earlier uses those values to tell people how valuable each pick yet.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=466

Patler
04-16-2016, 07:49 PM

1st Rd. - 12.5 per year
2nd Rd. - 5.5 per year
3rd Rd. - 2.0 per year
4th Rd. - 2.375 per year
5th Rd. - 1.625 per year
6th Rd. - 1.5 per year
7th Rd. - 0.75 per year

UDFA's - 4.125 per year

UDFA's - 4.125 per year = Impressive and surprizing !

I hope the Packer Scouting Dept. is busting it's ass ....scouting.

Not real surprising about the undrafted players. Even with compensatory picks, the 3-7th rounds include an average of less than 40 players each. League wide, there might be 4-500 undrafted players each year that come to camp.

SMBASS
04-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Not real surprising about the undrafted players. Even with compensatory picks, the 3-7th rounds include an average of less than 40 players each. League wide, there might be 4-500 undrafted players each year that come to camp.

You're right Patler. With the sheer number of UDFA's that are invited to camps some of them are bound to be overlooked during the 7 round draft process and then stick with a team once they put the pads on and have an opportunity to prove that they're real football players. I just think it proves that some players have attributes and intangibles that the evaluators simply can't pin down or they would have been taken during the draft by someone. I also think it shows how inexact the evaluation process is once you get past most of the obviously good players in the first couple of rounds.

Patler
04-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Your right Patler. With the sheer number of UDFA's that are invited to camps some of them are bound to be overlooked during the 7 round draft process and then stick with a team once they put the pads on and have an opportunity to prove that they're real football players. I just think it proves that some players have attributes and intangibles that the evaluators simply can't pin down or they would have been taken during the draft by someone. I also think it shows how inexact the evaluation process is once you get past most of the obviously good players in the first couple of rounds.

Agreed. I've never thought there was a lot of difference between the better undrafted players, and the 6-7th round. The last few rounds are useful in making sure you get a couple that you are most interested in, perhaps at positions of greater need. With the undrafted players, you often have competition for their signature on a contract. There are hundreds of relatively similarly talented players, and it is impossible to accurately predict which will adapt, mature, develop the best once they hit the NFL.

woodbuck27
04-17-2016, 06:54 AM

Yup......and I'd add playoff experience.

How often does a player contribute to his teams overall success.

pbmax
04-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Mockup of all the mocks, with percentages. Updated through today, with mocks from March 21 to April 17. So some of this data is a month old.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/2/15/10899032/mock-nfl-draft-database-2016-tendencies-experts

1. Rams - Wentz, Lynch, Treadwell, Goff (in descending order of percentage, 10% threshold after first 3)

2. Browns - Goff, Wentz, Ramsey

3. Chargers - Ramsey, Tunsil, Buckner

4. Cowboys - Bosa, Ramsey, Jack

5. Jags - Jack, Ramsey, Bosa

6. Ravens - Buckner, Bosa, Stanley, Tunsil/Jack

7. 49ers - Goff, Buckner, Wentz, Lynch

8. Eagles - Elliot, Hargreaves, Stanley

9. Tampa - Hargreaves, Lawson, Buckner, Bosa

10. Giants - Stanley, Elliot, Hargreaves/Conklin

11. Bears - Floyd, Stanley, Lawson (literally everyone is listed for the Bears)

12. Saints - Rankins, Robinson, Lawson

13. Dolphins - Elliot, Jackson, Hargreaves, Lee/Apple, Alexander

14. Raiders - Apple, Ragland, Conklin

15. Tennessee - Tunsil, Conklin, Decker

16. Lions - Decker/Treadwell, Conklin (Other leads with over 20%)

pbmax
04-17-2016, 07:12 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/2/15/10899032/mock-nfl-draft-database-2016-tendencies-experts

17. Falcons - Lee, Lawson, Ragland, Floyd

18. Colts - Decker, Spence, Kelly, Conklin

19. Bills - Nkemdiche, Spence/Reed

20. Jets - Floyd, Lynch, Spence/Lee

21. Washington - Reed, Ragland/Billings, Robinson

22. Texans - Coleman, Doctson, Fuller, Treadwell

23. Vikings - Doctson, Treadwell, Fuller, Coleman

24. Bengals - Coleman, Doctson, Fuller

25. Steelers - Jackson, Alexander, Apple

26. Seahawks - Others (37%), Spriggs, Decker, Ifedi

27. Packers - Others (25%), Reed, Ragland, Billings

28. Chiefs - Others (37%), Jackson, Alexander, Apple

29. Cardinals - Others (38%), Kelly, Spence/Nkemdiche

30. Panthers - Others (25%), Ogbah, Spriggs, Dodd

31. Broncos - Others (27%), Lynch, Cook, Nkemdiche

Huh. No Patriots pick. Wonder what happened?

pbmax
04-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Kiper at ESPN for the Packers: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/29408/big-difference-in-what-mel-kiper-jr-and-todd-mcshay-would-draft-for-packers

Here are his picks for the Packers:

First round (No. 27 overall): Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State

Second round (No. 57): Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina

Third round (No. 88): Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia

pbmax
04-20-2016, 03:18 PM
McShay: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/29207/how-does-d-tackle-tight-end-and-linebacker-sound-in-packers-draft

Round 1 (No. 27 overall): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech

Round 2 (No. 57): Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State

Round 3 (No. 88): B.J. Goodson, ILB, Clemson

He has the TE even though this mock is post FA signing Cook.

Carolina_Packer
04-20-2016, 04:04 PM

Huh. No Patriots pick. Wonder what happened?

O2 Brute!

Maxie the Taxi
04-20-2016, 09:05 PM
McShay: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/29207/how-does-d-tackle-tight-end-and-linebacker-sound-in-packers-draft

Round 1 (No. 27 overall): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech

Round 2 (No. 57): Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State

Round 3 (No. 88): B.J. Goodson, ILB, Clemson

He has the TE even though this mock is post FA signing Cook.McShay's picks are crazy, with the exception of Butler. Kiper's picks are shocking. Not even close IMO (even given the TT bizarro factor.)

pbmax
04-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Does this represent the best path forward, or does it just demonstrate the desperate desire to improve a team short term?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CghkO1gWQAA-Dhe.jpg:large

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 14h14 hours ago
Give me the group on the left every time. @Cianaf

pbmax
04-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
#Panthers GM Dave Gettleman: "I don't subscribe to the window theory. I don't subscribe to the one-player-away theory."

On releasing Josh Norman.

pbmax
04-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Brian Burke ‏@bburkeESPN 8m8 minutes ago
I'm often asked what is the NFL's equivalent of undervalued assets, a la high-OBA batters in Moneyball. Answer is *future* draft picks.

pbmax
04-22-2016, 10:41 PM
“According to our most recent statistics that we drew on the first round, it’s less than 60 percent of those players that are starting,” Dimitroff said. “I think it may have come in at 56 percent. So point being it’s not an exact science, we know that. There are so many other things that are involved in it. The first step is finding out whether that player has the adept skills on the field, of course. Many other areas that we’re looking into to make sure they’re fits in the organization. [Do] they have the mental capacity, they have the character capacity, and the team element that a team is looking for? Again, you’d better have a plan for the guys who are a little bit wayward in their approach. That’s alway been a big discussion point as well.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/22/the-first-round-of-the-draft-remains-a-total-crapshoot/

mraynrand
04-23-2016, 06:20 AM
Does this represent the best path forward, or does it just demonstrate the desperate desire to improve a team short term?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CghkO1gWQAA-Dhe.jpg:large

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 14h14 hours ago
Give me the group on the left every time. @Cianaf

Where is the 7-16 group? Isn't Ryan Leaf on the left side too?

I assume the point is to ask whether it's better to have a QB start right away or 'learn the ropes as a backup' and the answer is of course, it depends on the QB's abilities and the team's needs. There is no blanket 'right' answer.

Guiness
04-23-2016, 08:52 AM

I assume the point is to ask whether it's better to have a QB start right away or 'learn the ropes as a backup' and the answer is of course, it depends on the QB's abilities and the team's needs. There is no blanket 'right' answer.

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russel and Tim Couch and Akili Smith. That's some motherfucking cherry picking going on to create that list, it's worse than useless.

Guiness
04-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Mockup of all the mocks, with percentages. Updated through today, with mocks from March 21 to April 17. So some of this data is a month old.

1. Rams - Wentz, Lynch, Treadwell, Goff (in descending order of percentage, 10% threshold after first 3)

2. Browns - Goff, Wentz, Ramsey

3. Chargers - Ramsey, Tunsil, Buckner

4. Cowboys - Bosa, Ramsey, Jack

5. Jags - Jack, Ramsey, Bosa

6. Ravens - Buckner, Bosa, Stanley, Tunsil/Jack

7. 49ers - Goff, Buckner, Wentz, Lynch

I bet Lynch goes to the 49ers at 7. The Cowboys would be smart to take him, but they'd have work to do calming down Romo if they did that.

Patler
04-23-2016, 09:38 AM

The lists are quite useless. Bart Starr never started as a rookie. He alternated starts his second season with Babe Parilli; but, since they played only a 12 game schedule in those years he makes neither of the lists.

Upnorth
04-23-2016, 09:45 AM
I know you guys talked about this a bit, but I'm having a hard time believing that Andrew Billings could fall to us. Do any of you actually think this could happen? I would go back and check, but we just h baby #5 on Tuesday so I'm a touch busy (and may have baby poop on my hands)

esoxx
04-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Upnorth!

Guiness
04-23-2016, 10:03 AM
So what happens with Jaylon Smith? It's pretty much a given that he's out for the coming season. I assume that puts him out of the first round, but how low after that? Most similar thing I can think of is Lattimore, who probably would've been a first rounder and the 49ers took him in the 4th.

Interesting side note about Lattimore, looks like the NCAA just prevented him from getting a job

However, in April of 2016, the NCAA indicated that the university would gain an unfair recruiting advantage by hiring Lattimore, due to his work with high school kids through his foundation.[3] Lattimore indicated that the NCAA ruling was fair, and that he would not be joining South Carolina's staff.[4]

mraynrand
04-23-2016, 01:00 PM
The lists are quite useless. Bart Starr never started as a rookie. He alternated starts his second season with Babe Parilli; but, since they played only a 12 game schedule in those years he makes neither of the lists.

Starr was drafted in the 17th round, 200 overall IIRC. Today he'd be a rookie FA that the coaches would try to hide on the PS for a year...

mraynrand
04-23-2016, 01:01 PM
I know you guys talked about this a bit, but I'm having a hard time believing that Andrew Billings could fall to us. Do any of you actually think this could happen? I would go back and check, but we just h baby #5 on Tuesday so I'm a touch busy (and may have baby poop on my hands)

Congrats! Wow, #5.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/453/223/Hornung_display_image_display_image_original.jpg?1 339145784

And #2 on your hands!! :lol:

Patler
04-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Starr was drafted in the 17th round, 200 overall IIRC. Today he'd be a rookie FA that the coaches would try to hide on the PS for a year...

He would be a late 6th, early 7th draft pick, depending on compensatory picks awarded.
Sort of like Matt Flynn at #209.

mraynrand
04-23-2016, 03:03 PM
He would be a late 6th, early 7th draft pick, depending on compensatory picks awarded.
Sort of like Matt Flynn at #209.

don't get technical with me!

http://beej.us/blog/data/websockets/images/protocol-droid.jpg

pbmax
04-23-2016, 07:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15290519/ranking-top-100-players-available-2016-nfl-draft

1. Myles Jack, LB, UCLA, 6-foot-1, 245 pounds (none/knee)
Jack left school after tearing his meniscus in September. He had 75 tackles and seven rushing touchdowns as a freshman and 88 tackles and three rushing TDs as a sophomore. Some teams have concerns about the knee, and he likely falls in the opening round because of it, but he is best player on the board.

2. Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State, 6-5 ¼, 269 (4.86)
Bosa started as true freshman for the Buckeyes and was the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year in 2014. There is slight concern over a lackluster five sacks last season, but he's a safe pick who can line up in a variety of spots on the defensive front.

3. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State, 5-11 ¾, 225 (4.47)
Elliott finished as the Buckeyes' second all-time leading rusher with 1,821 yards and 23 rushing TDs last season. He has been busy -- 562 rushing attempts the past two seasons combined -- but a 6.7 yards per carry average shows consistency in production.

4. Laremy Tunsil, T, Mississippi, 6-5, 298 (none/hamstring)
He was suspended by the NCAA for improper benefits and dealt with injuries -- a dislocated ankle at the end of the 2014 season to go with a partially torn biceps earlier that year -- but in a draft deep in tackles, he's the best. Some teams have him in the conversation for the top player on the board.

5. DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon, 6-7, 291 (5.05)
Buckner played in all 54 games of his career with the Ducks, including the past two seasons as a starter. He had a combined 30 tackles for loss over the past two seasons and closed with 10.5 sacks in 2015.

6. Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia, 6-5 5/8, 244 (4.59)
Floyd had shoulder surgery in December 2014 and missed the team's bowl game. He also suffered a hamstring injury on his first 40 at the scouting combine, but this is a disruptive player in the pass rush who should get better as he gets stronger.

7. Ronnie Stanley, T, Notre Dame, 6-5 ¾, 312 (5.20)
Stanley stayed at Notre Dame for his senior season and will likely reap the financial reward. He is quick out of his stance and has started games at both tackle positions. He's more refined in pass protection than many in this draft.

8. Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State, 6-1 ¼, 209 (4.41)
Ask 10 people in the NFL where Ramsey should play on defense, cornerback or safety, and you might not get a consensus. He is an uber-athlete with elite speed who can play press coverage. He shows the ability to line up and perform well at cornerback, but he looks like an elite safety in waiting.

9. Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia, 5-9 5/8, 205 (none/knee)
A knee injury ended his 2015 season -- it was noncontact, during practice -- but he had five interceptions in four weeks before the injury. He is a team captain who plays with purpose, toughness and simply tackles better than most everyone else on the board.

10. Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama, 6-1 ¼, 247 (4.72)
Teams like Crimson Tide defenders in the draft because they come ready-made to contribute. They're versatile and have a good understanding of the job. Ragland is no different and plays with the kind of toughness people want in the middle of a defense.

11. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida, 5-10 ½, 204 (4.50)
Cornerbacks who can play in press coverage -- and many draft prospects can't because they weren't asked to often -- move up. Hargreaves can, and while he doesn't have elite speed, he competes every snap and bounces back from mistakes.

12. Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St., 6-5 ¼, 237 (4.77)
He won't wait this long to be selected, but he's a quarterback who would benefit with time to grow into the job. He started only seven games because of a fractured wrist last season but still threw for 17 TDs and ran for six more.

13. A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama, 6-3 5/8, 307 (5.20)
A two-year starter, Robinson plays too upright at times but has gotten away with it because of his superior strength. He is an ascending player with tremendous lower-body strength and should be in somebody's rotation the moment he arrives.

14. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi, 6-2, 221 (4.64)
He doesn't have elite speed, but he flourished in a speed league and caught pass after pass -- 202 in all in his career -- over cornerbacks and safeties who are faster. Bottom line, he knows how to set up the defender, wins plenty of contested passes and has the size NFL playcallers want.

15. Jared Goff, QB, Cal, 6-4, 215 (4.82)
The video shows he didn't play much under center, which will be an adjustment, and he had bouts with accuracy. He has also been sacked 81 times in the past three seasons combined. But he is the top quarterback on the board for many teams and considered to be the most ready to play right away.

16. Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State, 6-0 ¾, 232 (4.43)
He has upper-tier athleticism and finds the ball and closes with big-time agility. Some teams consider him undersized. But a team that makes the right call in fitting him in its scheme in a weak-side role will benefit.

17. Jack Conklin, T, Michigan State, 6-5 ¾, 308 (5.00)
When Conklin comes off the board, it could start the run on tackles. Scouts took notice of his play against DeForest Buckner and his work in the biggest moments of his career. His toughness and drive lead the way, but he also has recovery ability and can reset and get after it.

18. Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama, 6-4, 311 (5.03)
He was a walk-on starter. A three-year starter for Nick Saban, he is tough with movement skills in the run game and an effective pass blocker. He plays with savvy and has already been coached hard.

19. Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville, 6-1 1/8, 299 (5.03)
In a deep group of defensive linemen, Rankins might be the quickest off the ball among high-profile players, as evidenced by game video. He might not fit some of the physical parameters for the position, but this is a ballplayer who has versatility.

20. Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor, 6-0 5/8, 311 (5.05)
He led Baylor in sacks (5.5) and tackles for loss (15) last season -- a tall order for an interior player. He set Texas state powerlifting records as a prep athlete in Waco and just turned 21 in March.

21. Taylor Decker, T, Ohio State, 6-7, 310 (5.23)
Decker is another player who returned for his senior season and upgraded his draft standing. He was the Big Ten's offensive lineman of the year and projects as a rookie starter at right tackle.

22. Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State, 5-10 ¾, 199 (4.52)
Bell has versatility, given he played in the Buckeyes' nickel package early in his career. Teams that see him in a coverage role, at least initially, will be ready to pick him earlier.

23. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU, 6-2, 202 (4.50)
His 2015 season ended with a wrist injury and he still finished with 79 catches for 1,337 yards to go with 14 touchdowns. He consistently wins contested passes, a skill that will be more evident with pro quarterbacks who are willing to let him make a play in a crowd.

24. Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson, 6-2, 269 (4.70)
A one-year starter for the Tigers, he has the look of an NFL outside linebacker in a 3-4. While he didn't always show late-game conditioning, that's something most teams will consider a correctable issue for a player who gives high effort.

25. Kenny Clark, DT/NT, UCLA, 6-2 5/8, 314 (5.06)
Clark has the wrestling background scouts like in prospects on the defensive and offensive line. Some teams like his potential more than others, but he plays with the strength and leverage that likely will get him off the board somewhere in the top 35.

pbmax
04-23-2016, 07:47 PM
26. Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State, 6-0 5/8, 199 (4.40)
He's a big cornerback with speed, so he fits the get-him-early profile. He is better in man coverage than coming forward and tackling. Apple has also had penalty issues, but he competes and has the footwork to succeed.

27. Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas, 6-4 7/8, 250 (4.68)
Some teams might not pick a tight end in the first round, but this year's John Mackey Award winner is worth a long look. He had 51 catches and blocked well in the Razorbacks' run game. That kind of run/pass versatility makes him a rare find.

28. Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama, 6-2 7/8, 307 (5.21)
He had a 2014 DUI arrest, but on the field he's ready to play in run defense upon arrival. While he could be a run-down specialist for much of his NFL career, he's a sure tackler who will upgrade a defense.

29. Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama, 6-2 ½, 247 (4.54)
He won the national player of the year award in high school and the Heisman Trophy at Alabama, and he finished his career with 167 yards rushing and three TDs against Clemson in the national title game. This might be a little higher than some teams rate him, but the lug-the-rock aficionados will gladly reel him in.

30. Austin Johnson, DT/NT, Penn State, 6-4 3/8, 314 (5.32)
An all-state basketball player in high school, he shows quality footwork and movement skills. He finished 2015 with 15 tackles for loss and six sacks.

31. Germain Ifedi, T, Texas A&M, 6-5 ¾, 324 (5.27)
Some teams see him as a guard -- he started at right guard as a freshman -- and many think he should have stayed in school for one more year. He certainly has the reach of a tackle, while he's shown quality athleticism in pass protection.

32. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson, 6-5, 277 (4.86)
He had to wait his turn to play full time for the Tigers and was a one-year starter. But he had five tackles for loss and three sacks against Alabama in the national title game. He will turn 24 in July, but this is an ascending player whose senior season should put him in the first round.

33. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh, 6-1 ½, 197 (4.58)
Boyd is a front-line receiver who was an all-conference selection as a returner. He also played some running back. He catches anything close and knows how to create room. He had a DUI arrest in June.

34. Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, Florida, 6-3 5/8, 285 (4.93)
Bullard had 26 tackles for loss over the past two seasons combined, with 16.5 last season. Teams see potential in the pass rush, as well as at the point of attack in the run game.

35. Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech, 6-4, 323 (5.33)
Butler is a first-round talent who might get crowded out because of the uncommon depth at the position among this year's prospects. He has power and quickness with some still-untapped potential.

36. Devontae Booker, RB, Utah, 5-10 ¾, 219 (none/knee)
Booker suffered a torn meniscus in November and needed surgery. He had a limited pro day workout earlier this month and is expected to be full speed by training camp. He is a quality receiver who also has top-end skills in the run game.

37. Kamalei Correa, DE/OLB, Boise State, 6-2 5/8, 243 (4.69)
His production (seven sacks) didn't always match what evaluators expected. But he's a high-effort player who doesn't surrender plays and has shown good pursuit skills. There's potential for him to be a quality outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme.

38. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma, 5-10 ¼, 194 (4.48)
In a year when the class of wide receivers isn't nearly as fast overall as that of the previous two years, Shepard might be the best combination of speed and reliable hands. He is also considered a high-character player.

39. William Jackson III, CB, Houston, 6-3, 189 (4.37)
He broke up 23 passes last season. Other than quarterback or edge rusher, there might be no more coveted player on a draft board than a big cornerback with reach and elite speed. On this board, Jackson is that guy.

40. Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor, 5-10 5/8, 194 (4.40)
Former Denver Broncos cornerback Ray Crockett is Coleman's godfather. He was the 2015 Biletnikoff Award winner with 74 receptions and 20 touchdowns. Coleman had sports hernia surgery in December.

41. Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis, 6-6 5/8, 244 (4.86)
Opinions are split on Lynch overall but not on arm strength or physical characteristics. He's the best fit for teams that prefer to work with some play-action and put him on the move. Some evaluators have expressed concern over how soon he could develop into a starter.

42. Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson, 5-10 3/8, 190 (4.48)
One of the most gifted defensive back prospects on the board played two seasons as a starter -- 23 games - and did not have an interception. No, he wasn't challenged all that much, but that number will bother some.

43. Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame, 6-0 1/8, 186 (4.32)
Because receivers in this draft are not as fast as those in recent years, Fuller will likely be drafted higher than this spot because he is the top of the line with a 4.32 40-yard dash at the combine. But drops are a concern.

44. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State, 6-4 1/8, 293 (4.82)
Calhoun was a three-year starter for the Spartans. He is one of the more high-intensity pass-rushers on the board -- 26.5 sacks over the past three seasons. Several defensive line coaches have said that if he learns to shed blockers, he could be a dominant rusher in league.

45. Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State, 6-4 ¼, 273 (4.63)
Ogbah was Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year with 13 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss. He had 11 sacks in 2014. He will need some countermoves in the NFL when power alone isn't enough for him to get around the corner.

46. Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame, 6-4 1/8, 299 (5.22)
His older brother, Zack, is a mainstay on the Dallas Cowboys' offensive line. Nick started 10 games at left guard for the Irish, to go with two-plus seasons at center. Some scouts say a 2013 knee injury has affected his play, but there is a lot to like in the team captain.

47. Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame, 6-0 5/8, 293 (5.07)
He was a three-year starter for the Irish and plays with fervor. He is one of the best high-effort players on the board with scheme versatility. He will be exactly the kind of pro defensive coaches covet.

48. Keanu Neal, S, Florida, 6-0 ½, 211 (4.62)
Neal was one of the big hitters in the Gators' defense. There were times when his quest for a highlight hit caused him to miss the target. But there's plenty of video that shows he can function down the field in coverage and can get after it around the line of scrimmage.

49. Artie Burns, CB, Miami (Fla.), 5-11 7/8, 193 (4.46)
He had six interceptions last season and ran hurdles for the Hurricanes' track team. He needs significant technique work, especially when it comes to grabbing receivers at the top of the routes, but he finds the ball -- and that separates him from some coverage players in this draft.

50. Jason Spriggs, T, Indiana, 6-5 5/8, 301 (4.94)
A four-year starter for the Hoosiers, he turned in the most athletic workout among the offensive linemen at the scouting combine -- a sub-5.0 40-yard dash and a 35-inch vertical leap. He projects as a left tackle, but he could find a home at right tackle in a zone-blocking scheme.

pbmax
04-23-2016, 07:49 PM
50. Jason Spriggs, T, Indiana, 6-5 5/8, 301 (4.94)
A four-year starter for the Hoosiers, he turned in the most athletic workout among the offensive linemen at the scouting combine -- a sub-5.0 40-yard dash and a 35-inch vertical leap. He projects as a left tackle, but he could find a home at right tackle in a zone-blocking scheme.

51. Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford, 6-4 3/8, 312 (5.32)
Garnett won the 2015 Outland Trophy and played a few snaps at halfback/tight end. Far more polished in the run game than in pass protection at the moment, but he has the look of a future starter.

52. Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State, 6-5 ¾, 310 (5.03)
He was arrested on the charge of driving with a suspended license last month. He has the characteristics people want in an interior defensive lineman but game video shows plenty of uneven effort, especially late in games. He has flashes and teams will have to decide if they can get more.

53. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State, 6-4, 217 (4.79)
He's been a four-year starter at a top-shelf program, leading the Spartans to the national semifinals while playing with toughness. But he's struggled in big moments. For any passer with the arm strength to make it into the NFL, accuracy is key. Cook never topped a 58.7 percent completion rate and that matters.

54. Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA, 5-10 3/8, 208 (4.54)
He closed career with back-to-back seasons of more than 1,300 yards and may have shown the best vision of any back on the board. He's also a quality receiver who finds open spaces as a runner.

55. Cody Whitehair, G/T, Kansas State, 6-3 ¾, 301 (5.08)
Whitehair has played left tackle, right tackle and left guard. He's dependable, consistent and versatile. He's also shown equal affinity in pass protection and run game. A safe pick who will compete to play immediately.

56. Su'a Cravens, S/LB, USC, 6-0 ¾, 226 (4.65)
His position may not be clear, probably a weak-side linebacker, but this is a player who needs to be on the field. A three-year starter, Cravens sees the play and gets to where he should be faster than plenty of faster players.

57. Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech, 5-11 ¼, 187 (none/knee)
If not for micro-fracture surgery on his right knee, Fuller is higher on the draft board. Several teams said have said his physical went well. He should be the fourth member of his family to be drafted into the NFL.

58. Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State, 6-2 ¾, 212 (4.57)
Thomas ran a limited route tree for the Buckeyes, but shows the potential to do more as a pro. He will need technique work in his routes before a team can see what he can in games.

59. Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois, 6-5 1/8, 297 (5.11)
He played wide receiver and safety in junior college, so he's still learning the defensive line. But he has the potential to play both end and tackle in some schemes.

60. Jacoby Brissett, QB, North Carolina State, 6-3 ¾, 231 (4.94)
For a team willing to take the time to teach Brissett the position, the reward will be a competitive, big-armed potential starter.

61. Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi, 6-3 ½, 294 (4.87)
There is little question about Nkemdiche's athleticism. But there are off-the-field concerns with an arrest on a marijuana possession charge in Atlanta earlier this year. There's also plenty of game video where the effort is lacking.

62. Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky, 6-2 ½, 251 (4.80)
He likely gets selected long before this because edge rushers like Spence are in high demand. But off-the-field questions are major, starting with his admitted use of Ecstasy that led to a ban from the Big Ten in 2014 and ended his career at Ohio State. He went through treatment, but had a 2015 arrest -- later expunged after community service -- for intoxication. Spence has since told teams he stopped drinking.

63. Christian Westerman, G, Arizona State, 6-3 1/8, 298 (5.17)
Westerman is a quality athlete who plays with power. Some teams could play him at center. Technically sound, which enhances his chances of contributing immediately.

64. Kyler Fackrell, LB, Utah State, 6-5, 245 (4.72)
Suffered a torn ACL his junior season, but returned for 13 starts as a senior with 82 tackles including 15 for loss with five fumble recoveries. He topped 80 tackles in each of his three full seasons.

65. Deion Jones, LB, LSU, 6-0 7/8, 222 (4.59)
A team captain in 2015 even though it was his only season as a full-time starter. While he's not expected to be able to add much more weight, Jones is a quality athlete who offers scheme versatility as a reliable tackler who understands opposing offenses.

66. Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina, 6-5 1/8, 247 (4.64)
Adams was an accomplished prep hoops player and it shows in his footwork. The teams looking for a player to challenge coverage down the field from the tight end spot will look to him. Game video shows he a willing blocker and he should be able to add some weight as a pro as he maintains his speed.

67. Jeremy Cash, S, Duke, 6-0 3/8, 212 (4/21 pro day)
Cash had surgery on his right wrist to finish the 2015 season. He had three consecutive 100-tackle seasons and had 18 tackles for loss in 2015 and 10.5 TFL in '14. Cash was the conference defensive player of the year and a top scholar-athlete.

68. Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State, 6-1 3/8, 201 (4.50)
Miller is a projection player after one season at wide receiver after playing quarterback for the Buckeyes. He's a leader with top-tier athleticism as a two-time 1,000-yard rusher. He's also shown himself to be a natural pass catcher.

69. Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama, 5-9 7/8, 197 (4.49)
Jones started his career for the Crimson Tide as a wide receiver. He has potential as a returner in the NFL. He had hip surgery after the 2014 season and a domestic violence charge -- eventually dropped -- that could push him down some teams' draft boards.

70. Joshua Perry, LB, Ohio State, 6-3 ¾, 254 (4.68)
He simply doesn't miss tackles. Some will question his range, but this is a high-effort, high-production, high-character player.

71. C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame, 6-0 ½, 220 (4.48)
His 6.6 yards per carry average last season is double-take worthy, but put with it the fact he led the team's receivers with 16.8 yards per catch in 2014 and was a front-line special teams player and you have a high-quality pro prospect. He needs work in pass protection, so could be a two-down player initially.

72. Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas, 6-3 3/8, 303 (5.02)
Ridgeway, at his best, is a highly talented, athletic interior lineman. But there are effort questions. If a coaching staff can reset him, he is a starter-in-waiting.

73. Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State, 6-3 3/8, 301 (5.17)
He was suspended for the team's bowl game after being cited for solicitation. He had seven tackles for loss and four sacks in 2015 for a defense loaded with future NFL draft picks.

74. Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State, 6-6, 257 (4.89)
Vannett had 55 receptions in his career with the Buckeyes, including 19-catch seasons in 2014 and 2015. He should be far busier as a receiver in the NFL given his size/speed combination.

75. Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech, 5-10 1/8, 215 (4.58)
Dixon scored 87 touchdowns in his collegiate career -- 72 rushing and 15 receiving. He topped 900 yards rushing in all four of his seasons, topped 1,000 yards in three of them. Workload will get a look -- 802 carries and 87 receptions -- and he had issues with fumbling.

pbmax
04-23-2016, 07:50 PM
76. Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska, 6-1 7/8, 311 (5.03)
Scouts make note of impact linemen who were accomplished wrestlers because they know how to use leverage. Collins was a state champion at Kansas City Central High School -- 48-0 as a senior -- but he hasn't always played with that kind of balance or power at the point of attack.

77. Jordan Jenkins, LB, Georgia, 6-2 5/8, 259 (4.80)
His work against Vandy alone this past season was intriguing -- 11 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and two sacks -- but overall his play shows an understanding of the scheme he plays in. He's tough, smart and will play right away.

78. Willie Henry, DT, Michigan, 6-2 ¾, 303 (5.00)
A bit of a projection player with nine starts this past season and six starts in both 2014 and 2013. But he shows quickness and the ability to disrupt things on the interior.

79. Le'Raven Clark, T, Texas Tech, 6-5 ½, 316 (5.16)
Clark started 51 games in his career, including three seasons at left tackle. Add massive reach -- 36 ½-inch arms -- to quality footwork and potential to play some guard and he has NFL starter written all over him.

80. Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor, 6-0 1/8, 201 (4.58)
He did not run well in workouts, but he's got size and is aggressive to the ball -- nine interceptions in last two seasons combined. He has issues with penalties -- almost 20 pass interference and holding calls in two seasons as a starter.

81. Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State, 6-6 7/8, 277 (4.84)
Nassib is a former walk-on who led the nation in sacks with 15.5 in his senior season. He also had six forced fumbles. He's raw, but with plenty of potential.

82. Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina, 5-11 1/8, 203 (4.64)
He was named a first-team All-Southeastern Conference at wide receiver and all-purpose back, which speaks to his versatility. His 66 catches in 2015 were more than the rest of the team's wide receivers combined. Rushed for 513 yards in his career and handled returns.

83. Connor McGovern, G, Missouri, 6-4 ½, 306 (5.11)
He set a slew of weight-room records for the Tigers and played left tackle, right tackle and right guard. Started all 12 games in 2015 at left tackle, but most see him as a guard who could play right tackle if needed.

84. Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana, 5-11 7/8, 230 (4.59)
Howard set Alabama-Birmingham's single season rushing record with 1,587 yards in 2014. After UAB ended its football program, he transferred to Indiana and rushed for 1,213 yards, including 174 against Iowa. He doesn't make too many defenders miss, however, and will take bigger hits as a pro.

85. Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers, 5-11 7/8, 211 (4.50)
He played with an ankle injury in 2015. He averaged 17.1, 19.7 and 20.7 yards per catch to go with 29 touchdowns in the past three seasons combined. Teams have looked into his suspension for an arrest on assault charges which were later dropped after Carroo and the woman who accused him signed "an agreement of mutual restraint."

86. Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford, 6-3 ¾, 254 (4.72)
Hooper is a prospect comfortable in the passing game -- 34 catches in 2015, 42 catches in 2014 -- and who also played in Stanford's power run game.

87. Sean Davis, CB/S, Maryland, 6-1, 201 (4.46)
Davis has played cornerback and safety. While he has struggled in man coverage, this is a smart, athletic player who had 298 tackles in three seasons as a starter. Play him at safety in the right scheme and he's a long-time contributor.

88. Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State, 6-1 3/8, 309 (4.93)
Folks nitpick the competition and some of his measurables, but that takes a backseat to his 29.5 sacks and 45.5 tackles for loss in the last two seasons combined. He showed at the Senior Bowl he will be fine with a step up in competition.

89. Nick Kwiatkoski, LB, West Virginia, 6-2, 243 (4.73)
Started his career as a safety and became one of the most productive linebackers in the nation with 275 tackles in last three seasons. He plays better than workout numbers show, a classic trust-your-eyes player for scouts.

90. Shon Coleman, T, Auburn, 6-5 ½, 307 (none/knee)
He played late in the season with a slight MCL tear in his right knee and did not fully participate in his school's pro day. Coleman is a cancer survivor who returned to become one of the best linemen in the SEC.

91. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU, 6-6 ½, 285 (4.87)
Kaufusi played 20 games as a forward for the Cougars' basketball team during in the 2012-13 season. His dad, Steve, is Cougars defensive line coach and Bronson plays with a better awareness than many prospects because of it. He finished with 20 tackles for loss, 11 sacks and an interception last season.

92. KeiVarae Russell, Notre Dame, 5-11 1/8, 192 (4.49)
He's talented but has baggage. He missed the final two games of 2015 because of a fractured his right leg and missed 2014 season when he was one of five Irish players suspended because of academic fraud.

93. Joe Haeg, T/G, North Dakota State, 6-6, 304 (5.16)
Haeg is an athletic player who will add more strength. He started 60 games in his collegiate career because of the Bisons' repeated deep runs into the postseason.

94. Vadal Alexander, T/G, LSU, 6-5 ¼, 326 (5.57)
Started two seasons at left guard for the Tigers and ended his career at right tackle in 2015. Somewhat limited athletically and some offensive line coaches don't think he plays hard enough, but he has the kind of physical stature teams want up front.

95. Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State, 5-10 ¾, 182 (none/knee)
He suffered a torn ACL in October. He had 99 tackles in 27 career games. At his best, Redmond is an athletic player in coverage who showed a willingness to participate in run support.

96. Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State, 6-4 3/8, 223 (4.78)
In a quarterback-starved league, Hackenberg will be drafted long before this slot. But he has accuracy issues, especially in the intermediate and deep routes. He also needs work on his internal clock since he has a propensity to let the rush close in.

97. Scooby Wright, LB, Arizona, 5-11 ¾, 239 (4.90)
Opinions vary widely about Wright, especially because of his timed speed. He plays with great instinct and awareness and has the ability to track down players who run sprints faster.

98. Jalen Mills, CB/S, LSU, 6-0, 191 (4.61)
A four-year starter in the Southeastern Conference should always get a long look. Mills came back from a fractured lower left leg in preseason camp to play in six games in 2015. He projects as a safety in the NFL.

99. Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian State, 6-2 1/8, 284 (5.15)
Blair was the Sun Belt's Defensive Player of the Year in 2015 with 19 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks. A five-year start if you include 2013, when he was granted a medical redshirt after he suffered a season-ending thumb injury in the second game.

100. Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame, 6-2, 223 (none/knee)
Through the years, No. 100 has always been a player I liked for whatever reason. They may not really be the 100th player on the board, but I put them there because I think they will succeed. Past No. 100s have included New York Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Akeem Spence and Kansas City Chiefs tackle Jah Reid. This year it's Smith whose playing future is uncertain because of a knee injury suffered in his final college game.

Patler
04-25-2016, 08:29 PM
So what happens with Jaylon Smith? It's pretty much a given that he's out for the coming season. I assume that puts him out of the first round, but how low after that? Most similar thing I can think of is Lattimore, who probably would've been a first rounder and the 49ers took him in the 4th.

Not sounding good at all, per McGinn's article on linebackers. Seems that neither Smith nor Myles Jack impressed very many medical staffs at their medical rechecks. Smith is suffering from "drop foot" to an extent that some think there is a good chance he will never play again. Of course, then there are one or two who say he will be fine in a couple years.

Some seem to think Myles Jack's knee isn't right, and he is falling on some boards.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/nerve-injury-clouds-draft-prospects-of-notre-dames-jaylon-smith-b99704576z1-377020621.html

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Meniscus injuries are some of the worst knee injuries a young athlete can suffer. If you are old, they just cut the damn tear out and leave you with less. When you are young they try to stitch the damn thing back together again or they go really invasive and do the micro fracture surgery. Sometimes athletes lose their explosiveness and never get it back with this injury. It doesn't look great for Jack.

Smith seems to have other issues that come with getting your knee mangled. Sounds like the rumors of nerve damage are true. This is not good. I also heard he has a heck of an insurance policy that will pay him out if he can't play.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 08:14 AM
So the big issue is whether the Packers will go defensive line early in this draft. I looked at draft boards and some but not all the tape because I care very little. What I did was make two tiers and tier number 1 is loaded with talent that could all be potential first round picks. There is a lot of talent. Don't get mixed up where they players are in the tier, focus on how many are there and how far a team like the Packers could wait to get a top tier defensive linemen in this draft. Tier 2 players also have some serious talent. If I was team like the Packers I wouldn't take a DT with the first round pick. The talent pool is so deep that they could wait or move up in later rounds when the tiers start to dwindle. Especially if you are choosing between a defensive tackle and another position in the first round I would go the other position and wait on the defensive tackle. Mind you, this is just Defensive Tackles, I didn't consider Defensive Ends.

1st Tier.
Sheldon Rankins
A'Shawn Robinson
Jarran Reed
Vernon Butler
Andrew Billings
Kenny Clark
Austin Johnson
Robert Nkemdiche

2 Tier
Chris Jones
Hassan Ridgeway
Javon Hargrave
Sheldon Day
Adolphus Washington
DJ Reader
Jihad Ward
Malik Collins

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 08:25 AM
So compare the DT tiers to the ILB tiers

Tier 1
Reggie Raggland

Tier 2
Kentrell Brothers
Deion Jones

Tier 3
Tyler Matakevich
BJ Goodson
Scooby Wright
Blake Martinez

Tier 4
Nick vigil
Dominique Alexander
Jared Norris

The comparison points out that if Raggland is avaliable he is the only player at his position that has first tier value. There are no other comparable players in this draft at his position.

mraynrand
04-26-2016, 08:33 AM
^^^ For someone who cares very little you went to a lot of trouble to argue the Packers should take Ragland over a DT in round 1. :)

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Outside Linebackers: If Jack and Smith were healthy this would be a better draft in terms of talent in the top rounds. Jack and Smith are the elite when healthy. Now they both have significant question marks, with scouts not knowing if Smith will even play again. Without the two of them healthy this is weak draft class for outside linebackers. For the Packers, you do need to take into consideration that they draft smaller defensive ends and stand them up in their 3-4. Truthfully I hate this. It takes too long for the players to adjust and combine that with the fact that you automatically lose some athleticism on the outside when you draft a defensive end to play the outside.

Tier 1
1. Darron Lee
2. Leonard Floyd

Tier 2
Kamalei Correa
Myles Jack
Su'a Craves
Dion Jones
Joshua Perry
Kyler Fackrell

Tier 3
Jordan Jenkins
Joe Shobert
Yannick Ngakoue
Jaylon Smith

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 08:41 AM
^^^ For someone who cares very little you went to a lot of trouble to argue the Packers should take Ragland over a DT in round 1. :)

I could also argue that the Packers should take Hunter Henry since he is the only elite level tight end. Or that they should take Darron Lee if he is available because the OLB tiers are shallow.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Offensive Tackle: Again this a need area for the Packers, but this is also a relatively deep talent draft for the edge blockers. I think Thompson waits until later in the draft to develop. Currently the Packers only have one 1st round draft pick on the offensive line and I can see Thompson keep with the current philosophy that they will draft linemen in the middle rounds and try to hit on guys like a Willie Beavers, Kyle Murphy or a Jerald Hawkins.

Tier 1
Laremy Tunsil
Ronnie Stanley
Jack Conklin
Taylor Decker
Jason Spriggs

Tier 2
Germain Ifedi
Le'Raven Clark
Shon Coleman
Jerald Hawkins

Tier 3
Caleb Benenoch
Willie Beavers
Kyle Murphy
Alex Lewis
Joe Haeg

Maxie the Taxi
04-26-2016, 09:04 AM
I like the Tiers thing. Now all you have to do is fit guys the Packers have on their roster now into the Tiers you set up. That could really determine which direction TT goes. Is Bakh Tier 1, 2 or 3? How about Joe Thomas? Boyd? Campbell? Ringo? McCray?

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 09:12 AM
I guess that all depends on how you rank your tiers. All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Starters, part time players, back ups, fringe players....

For the draft I guess you can only grade on what you have seen. For me the tier one players are guys that could start as rookies.

Guiness
04-26-2016, 09:55 AM
For the Packers, you do need to take into consideration that they draft smaller defensive ends and stand them up in their 3-4. Truthfully I hate this. It takes too long for the players to adjust and combine that with the fact that you automatically lose some athleticism on the outside when you draft a defensive end to play the outside.

What about standing up a college NT??? Isn't that what Datone Jones played at UCLA?

pbmax
04-26-2016, 11:00 AM
I could also argue that the Packers should take Hunter Henry since he is the only elite level tight end. Or that they should take Darron Lee if he is available because the OLB tiers are shallow.

TE is a good point of reference here. While Thompson did select one ILB high (Hawk) that was a no brainer top 10 pick. He doesn't often take ILB or TEs in the first two rounds.

So while he still has a major hole at ILB (dime linebacker at least unless you think Joe Thomas can do it), he filled a hole with Cook at TE.

So I doubt its TE in first two rounds for the Packers. And only slightly more likely would be ILB, mainly because of the chance Ragland is there with a first round grade at a position of need while other high graded pass rushers will be available in Round 2.

pbmax
04-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Not sounding good at all, per McGinn's article on linebackers. Seems that neither Smith nor Myles Jack impressed very many medical staffs at their medical rechecks. Smith is suffering from "drop foot" to an extent that some think there is a good chance he will never play again. Of course, then there are one or two who say he will be fine in a couple years.

Some seem to think Myles Jack's knee isn't right, and he is falling on some boards.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/nerve-injury-clouds-draft-prospects-of-notre-dames-jaylon-smith-b99704576z1-377020621.html

More on Jack's knee. Meniscus is repaired and team's are OK with it. But he has a separation building cartilage and bone in his knee that will also need to be addressed later. So, as one put it in the article, the question is does he play for 4 years/1 contract or 10 years and 2?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656081/article/myles-jack-vulnerable-to-draft-slide-due-to-concerns-about-knee

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 01:19 PM
TE is a good point of reference here. While Thompson did select one ILB high (Hawk) that was a no brainer top 10 pick. He doesn't often take ILB or TEs in the first two rounds.

So while he still has a major hole at ILB (dime linebacker at least unless you think Joe Thomas can do it), he filled a hole with Cook at TE.

So I doubt its TE in first two rounds for the Packers. And only slightly more likely would be ILB, mainly because of the chance Ragland is there with a first round grade at a position of need while other high graded pass rushers will be available in Round 2.

I don't really care who the Packers take. My point is recognizing position depth in the draft and being able to wait or pull the trigger based on a tiered system. It's not about needing a TE or ILB. It is where you can get the best value for positions. No one can tell if if Cory Coleman is going to be better than Josh Doctson in the NFL, but you can estimate that they can compare. So you are happy with either one of those guys, but you do know that their is a drastic difference between Nick Vannett and Hunter Henry. You want to be able to close out a tier, not start the run on a new tier.

pbmax
04-26-2016, 01:40 PM
I don't really care who the Packers take. My point is recognizing position depth in the draft and being able to wait or pull the trigger based on a tiered system. It's not about needing a TE or ILB. It is where you can get the best value for positions. No one can tell if if Cory Coleman is going to be better than Josh Doctson in the NFL, but you can estimate that they can compare. So you are happy with either one of those guys, but you do know that their is a drastic difference between Nick Vannett and Hunter Henry. You want to be able to close out a tier, not start the run on a new tier.

I agree with you. But each pick has an opportunity cost, even if its poor guide to decision making.

At 27, Ragland will be the only ILB with a first round grade (given what we know). Its a need in a way TE is not currently. Pass on him to take a slightly higher ranked DL and you miss out.

The Packers don't normally operate this way. But if Ragland is close to the rank of the DL at 27, then I think they take him because of your point about tiers of players available on the D line. This is all assuming that no one else of higher value is there.

mraynrand
04-26-2016, 02:10 PM

I'd like to see your sock drawer

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 02:15 PM
I'd like to see your sock drawer

I don't have one, I mean I do but it has no matched socks in it. My sock situation is a total mess.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 02:18 PM
I agree with you. But each pick has an opportunity cost, even if its poor guide to decision making.

At 27, Ragland will be the only ILB with a first round grade (given what we know). Its a need in a way TE is not currently. Pass on him to take a slightly higher ranked DL and you miss out.

The Packers don't normally operate this way. But if Ragland is close to the rank of the DL at 27, then I think they take him because of your point about tiers of players available on the D line. This is all assuming that no one else of higher value is there.

I agree, those are the decisions you make when you start to narrow it down when you are on the clock or pretty darn close. Your current record plays a big role in this, but it also plays a big role in the entire draft.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2016, 02:24 PM
So compare the DT tiers to the ILB tiers

Tier 1
Reggie Raggland

Tier 2
Kentrell Brothers
Deion Jones

Tier 3
Tyler Matakevich
BJ Goodson
Scooby Wright
Blake Martinez

Tier 4
Nick vigil
Dominique Alexander
Jared Norris

The comparison points out that if Raggland is avaliable he is the only player at his position that has first tier value. There are no other comparable players in this draft at his position.

I'd rather have Jones in round 2 than Ragland in round 1, but I'm not sure Jones will still be there in the late 2nd round.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2016, 02:41 PM
WR: So the Packers on paper have all 6 wide outs returning, but for having depth the Packers have a lot of question marks in their receiving corps. For one does Jordy Nelson come back healthy and ready to play? Can Adams turn it around? Is Janis ready to contribute week in and week out? Can Abbey stay healthy?

Tier 1
Laquon Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson

Tier 2
Will Fuller
Tyler Boyd
Micheal Thomas
Sterling Shepard
Pharoh Cooper
Braxton Miller
Rashard Higgins

Tier 3
Kolby Listenbee
Leonte Carroo
Kenny Lawler
Jordan Payton
Keyarris Garrett
Charone Peake
Malcom Mitchell

Tier 4
Trevor Davis
Robby Anderson
Aaron Burbridge
Daniel Brauerman
Devon Cajuste
Demarcus Robinson
Roger Lewis
Mike Thomas

George Cumby
04-26-2016, 03:28 PM
How many trades does TT make in this draft? That's my question.

Does he think the team is deep enough to trade up or does he trade down at some point to pick up another pick or two or three?

pbmax
04-26-2016, 07:13 PM
How many trades does TT make in this draft? That's my question.

Does he think the team is deep enough to trade up or does he trade down at some point to pick up another pick or two or three?

There was a point (last two years?) that is seemed counterproductive. But he has quite a free agent list coming up. Wouldn't be too surprising if he ends up with more than 9.

But with a lot of talent in this draft through Round 2, this is the year to trade up cheaply, because everyone will want to go back.

Bretsky
04-26-2016, 07:17 PM

JOIN THE FAN CLUB NUTZ !!! I have been pimping Hunter Henry for a while and I last predicted Darren Lee would be their pick. Very High on Lee as well !!

Bretsky
04-26-2016, 07:19 PM
I might laugh when TT takes a WR in round one

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2016, 10:05 PM
WR: So the Packers on paper have all 6 wide outs returning, but for having depth the Packers have a lot of question marks in their receiving corps. For one does Jordy Nelson come back healthy and ready to play? Can Adams turn it around? Is Janis ready to contribute week in and week out? Can Abbey stay healthy?

Tier 1
Laquon Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson

Tier 2
Will Fuller
Tyler Boyd
Micheal Thomas
Sterling Shepard
Pharoh Cooper
Braxton Miller
Rashard Higgins

Tier 3
Kolby Listenbee
Leonte Carroo
Kenny Lawler
Jordan Payton
Keyarris Garrett
Charone Peake
Malcom Mitchell

Tier 4
Trevor Davis
Robby Anderson
Aaron Burbridge
Daniel Brauerman
Devon Cajuste
Demarcus Robinson
Roger Lewis
Mike Thomas

Are these your tiers?

pbmax
04-27-2016, 12:08 AM
More on Jack's knee. Meniscus is repaired and team's are OK with it. But he has a separation building cartilage and bone in his knee that will also need to be addressed later. So, as one put it in the article, the question is does he play for 4 years/1 contract or 10 years and 2?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656081/article/myles-jack-vulnerable-to-draft-slide-due-to-concerns-about-knee

Jack's knee is fine, don't believe those anonymous liars talking to RapSheet!

Anonymous reports questioning Jack’s recovery from a 2015 knee injury were recently derided by NFL execs as a pre-draft smokescreen to lower his value. The ploy didn’t work: draft experts are confident he’ll be gone before the seventh pick arrives.

http://www.scout.com/story/1664344-40-nfl-experts-mock-drafts-combined-into-one?s=61

This round up of mock drafts has Billings going to the Packers at 27.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Are these your tiers?

In theory yes,

but I got the list unedited on CBS. I am not doing anything to inform. I am just showing position depth.

woodbuck27
04-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Finally it's the eve of the DRAFT.

I'm thinking that TT will draft for the DL....or go For a LT if he see's his man.

A big part of me wants to see TT pick the very best playmaker available to the offense or go with something to support Aaron Rodgers.

woodbuck27
04-27-2016, 11:04 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/04/green_bay_packers_draft_rumors.html

Green Bay Packers draft rumors: Who will Packers take with No. 27 pick in 2016 NFL draft?

"The Packers will almost certainly select a defensive lineman or linebacker in the first round. SI's Peter King and ESPN's Mel Kiper each have Green Bay taking Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland at No. 27.

CBS Sports' analysts are split among several defensive linemen: Baylor's Andrew Billings, Alabama's Jarran Reed and Louisville's Sheldon Rankins
"

MadScientist
04-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Finally it's the eve of the DRAFT.

I'm thinking that TT will draft for the DL....or go For a LT if he see's his man.

A big part of me wants to see TT pick the very best playmaker available to the offense or go with something to support Aaron Rodgers.

Since this draft is weak on TE and WR, going for offensive playmakers isn't the best bet, unless you consider a LT a playmaker. Go defense and get the ball back in Rodgers' hands quicker.

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2016, 12:04 PM
I would not be mad at all if we took Jaylon in R2. That would be fantastic.

The only skill position player that really excites me in this draft is Braxton Miller. He is just so quick. Otherwise, build the trenches!

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2016, 12:06 PM
If you could get Billings in R1, and then the MLB Wisty-poo keeps talking about in R2, and then trade back up into R2 to get Jaylon Smith... holy guacamole that is an A+ draft for the Packer IMO!

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2016, 02:26 PM
I also want to know how Ragland makes it to the Packers? I just don't see it happening with him being rated as one of the top 10 defensive prospects in this draft. If he is there I would think this a no brainer for the Packers but what do I know?

pbmax
04-27-2016, 03:01 PM
I also want to know how Ragland makes it to the Packers? I just don't see it happening with him being rated as one of the top 10 defensive prospects in this draft. If he is there I would think this a no brainer for the Packers but what do I know?

A lot of the do your own mock sites have him going in the 20s. I think ThunderDan has done half a dozen where he gets Ragland almost everytime.

Lot of the current mocks from writers have him going in the teens.

Sparkey
04-27-2016, 03:21 PM
A lot of the do your own mock sites have him going in the 20s. I think ThunderDan has done half a dozen where he gets Ragland almost everytime.

The only reason for Ragland to slide is ??? on his coverage abilities. Green Bay plays nickel almost 60% of the time on D. Is Ragland good enough to stay on the field in Nickel ?

The answer to that question will determine where he goes in the draft..... IMO

ThunderDan
04-27-2016, 03:37 PM

Yup and I think the Packers have an OK shot at getting him.

We know the first 2 picks will be QBs. That probably causes a team to grab the 3rd best QB in the 1st also because they don't want to miss out. Think Christian Ponder and MN a few years back.

If a team grabs a WR in the 10s that will probably cause 2 WRs to go in the next 10-15 picks. No need to grab a WR after the 1st 3 that high but you don't want to miss one of those 3.

Then once the OTs and DTs start to go that will cause those positions to go. My worry is if Myles Jack goes early then you would guess the other top tier LBs will go before the Packers. In that case we should either get a top DT or OT.

pbmax
04-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Here is a former Packer scout, Marc Lillibridge, with a three round mock. For the Packers:

1. Reggie Ragland
2. Jihad Ward
3. Joe Thuney

http://590thefan.com/bridges-three-round-mock

Patler
04-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Thuney does sound like a TT sort of guy. Lots of starts at LT, but also at other spots whenever needed. Highest Wonderlic among OL at 39.

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2016, 03:51 PM

Give a choice of Ragland + someone else, or Billings and Jaylon Smith, what do you do? Are you okay with Jaylon sitting out a year? I think I am if he is as good as everyone claims. Packers are the perfect org for him to take a year and get better. I would even be okay with Ragland + Smith.

Patler
04-27-2016, 04:11 PM
At this point, I think the negatives on Jaylon Smith add up to where I don't want him before the 4th round. If he should last that long, then maybe if the Packers haven't used their fourth to trade up. I look at these negatives:

- he won't pay in 2016
- it could be 2018 before he is full recovered, if it ever happens
- there is a chance, even if slight, that he never plays again, and it seems that chance might be more then slight;
- even if he does play again, he might not be the player he was.

pbmax
04-27-2016, 05:34 PM
PFT has a mock draft: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/27/pfts-one-and-only-simulated-draft/

That has 5 QBs going in the first round. Its the first I have heard a number like that. But the 3rd QB is Lynch to the 49ers, and I could see the 49ers looking for a QB, even trading down to get one if they thought it safe. Numbers 4 and 5 are the Cardinals and Broncos who pick after the Pack.

A 3 QB run would be good for the Packers, plausible, even if 5 in the first is far fetched.

Are there any other runs that could help?

ThunderDan
04-27-2016, 05:51 PM
PFT has a mock draft: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/27/pfts-one-and-only-simulated-draft/

That has 5 QBs going in the first round. Its the first I have heard a number like that. But the 3rd QB is Lynch to the 49ers, and I could see the 49ers looking for a QB, even trading down to get one if they thought it safe. Numbers 4 and 5 are the Cardinals and Broncos who pick after the Pack.

A 3 QB run would be good for the Packers, plausible, even if 5 in the first is far fetched.

Are there any other runs that could help?

WR, that takes 3 slots once they go.

run pMc
04-27-2016, 07:14 PM
CB's. There will be at least 2 if not 4 of them going in the first round, not counting Jalen Ramsey (who is either a S or CB).

wist43
04-27-2016, 07:22 PM
First round wish list

Billings, DT, Baylor
Taylor Decker, OT, OSU
Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
Leonard Flyod, LB, Georgia
Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
William Jackson III, CB, Houston

Some of those will be gone, and there are others that I like... this is a deep draft.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2016, 09:32 PM
I like everyone on that list except Floyd. Something about Georgia Linebackers

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2016, 10:00 PM
I really like Floyd - but I've only seen highlights. He looks super athletic to me.

Joemailman
04-27-2016, 11:29 PM
Scout.com with average draft positions for players from mock drafts.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/blip/MDMPlayerListing

wist43
04-28-2016, 12:55 AM
I really like Floyd - but I've only seen highlights. He looks super athletic to me.

I think Floyd is the kind of guy that you're drafting for 2 years down the line... he's rail thin. Give him a couple of years to mature and get in an NFL training program and he has the potential to be a guy like Javon Kearse.

He has length, long arms, and can bend the corner... he's got upside. Don't think he's the athlete Kearse was, but I think he can be a player. Might take a year or two though.

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:12 AM
Well the theoretical draft is going south on us:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Someone may be laying in ambush, but unless Dallas trades back into first round, hard to find a landing spot for QB Paxton Lynch in round 1.

Fritz
04-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Just wait. Lynch or Cook will be sitting there at #27 and Denver will get antsy and trade up with Green Bay to get one of them. Green Bay ends up at the end of the first and gets another third to pick up another offensive tackle.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:49 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636100-laremy-tunsil-sued-by-stepfather-over-june-domestic-violence-incident?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Laremy Tunsil Sued by Stepfather over June Domestic Violence Incident

By Mike Chiari , Featured Columnist Apr 27, 2016

Fritz
04-28-2016, 10:56 AM

I will only like him if he's nicknamed "Pink."

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:59 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631445-how-nfl-teams-really-make-their-draft-picks?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

How NFL Teams Really Make Their Draft Picks

By Dan Pompei , NFL Columnist Apr 28, 2016

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 11:12 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631422-2016-nfl-draft-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-predictions/page/7

Biggest Riser in this draft:

QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 11:14 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631422-2016-nfl-draft-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-predictions/page/8

Biggest Slider:

Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

pbmax
04-28-2016, 11:51 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631422-2016-nfl-draft-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-predictions/page/7

Biggest Riser in this draft:

QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis.

That's kinda funny woodie, because all of Twitter (mainly Schefter and RapSheet) are now saying he is falling today.

Might be a lie, or draftniks might have overestimated how much teams liked him, so they reported him "rocketing up draft boards" a bit too strongly.

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 12:29 PM
PBmax: do you see any influence of Twitter on the draft? If so, what?

jklowan
04-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Some players we have been looking at...

Green Bay — Scouts haven't been flocking to Dover, Del., this draft season to get a look at Wesley College's senior class, but those who have been thorough enough to watch tape of the Wolverines have spotted a potential sleeper.

His name is Joe Callahan, a record-setting quarterback who was awarded Division III's version of the Heisman Trophy after throwing for 5,068 yards and 55 touchdowns last season.

The 6-foot-1, 216-pound Callahan has drawn the attention of the Green Bay Packers, who have been in contact with him regularly and appear very interested in signing him if he isn't drafted. Regional scout Mike Owens did the groundwork and director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst has been following up with phone calls.

PRE-DRAFT VISITS

The following are draft-eligible players who made visits to the Packers, according to league sources and published reports. Unless indicated, players are late-round or free-agent candidates.

WR Moritz Boehringer, Germany (6-4, 227): 40-yard dash: 4.43 seconds. Vertical jump: 39 inches. Broad jump: 10 feet, 11 inches. Bench: 17 reps. After training at XPE Sports Academy in Boca Raton was invited to Florida Atlantic's pro day, where he lit up the place. Almost same height, weight, speed as Jeff Janis. Has played just four years of football, starting on a youth team in Germany in 2013 and getting promoted to the premier league in 2015. Caught 70 passes for 1,461 yards and 16 TDs against what could be considered Division III talent.

OLB Christian French, Oregon (6-5, 249): 40: 4.75. Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-10. Bench: Not available. Played in eight games and had 29 tackles, including five for loss and two sacks. Started first eight games but missed last five with a torn pectoral muscle and was not able to lift at Oregon's pro day. Would have ranked 12th out of 22 OLBs at the combine with his 40 time.

S Kevin Byard, Middle Tennessee State (5-11, 212): 40: 4.46. Vertical: 38. Broad: 9-10. Bench: 22. Decent-sized safety who set school record with 19 interceptions and had 19 pass breakups during his final two seasons. Played back and will have to prove he's physical enough to play in the box. Smart and a leader in the secondary. His three-cone time of 6.73 seconds would have been third-best among safeties at the combine.

DT Alex Balducci, Oregon (6-4, 309): 40: 5.01. Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-5. Bench: 25. Big-bodied interior lineman who has the size teams are looking for, but isn't a great athlete. Had single-season highs of 40 tackles and six tackles for loss in '15. In four seasons he had 77 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, two quarterback hits, four fumble recoveries and one pass defensed.

CB Makinton Dorleant, Northern Iowa (5-101/2, 177): 40: 4.40. Vertical: 39. Broad: 10-3. Bench: 16. Started out at Maryland and transferred after one year. Three-year starter who finished senior season with 54 tackles, one interception and four pass breakups. Played outside almost exclusively, but projected as a nickel back, which he played at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

C/G Kyle Steuck, Northern Michigan (6-3, 217): 40: 5.25. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-1. Bench: NA. West De Pere High School standout and starter on the team's 2010 state championship team. Four-year starter in college, playing all five positions on the offensive line, including 18 at center. Worked out with former Packers C Evan Dietrich-Smith at House of Speed in 2015.

WR Mitch Mathews, BYU (6-51/2, 222): 40: 4.49. Vertical: 36. Broad: 10-0. Bench: 12. 26 years old. Spent three years on a Mormon mission. Caught 54 passes for 737 yards and 11 TDs as a senior. Has tight end height and wing span but not the body. Building strength a priority. Ran much better than expected at pro day.

OT Josh James, Carroll College (Mont.) (6-6, 315): 40: NA. Vertical: 30. Broad: NA. Bench: 26. Was a mainstay at left tackle, starting 44 games over four seasons. Named AFCA NAIA All-America first team. Worked out at Montana's pro day and impressed Packers scouts with his strength and athletic ability. Was invited for a visit right after.

OL Alex Lewis, Nebraska (6-6, 310): 40: 5.2. Vertical: 29.5. Broad: 8-3. Bench: 27. Started out at Colorado as tight end and tackle, then played left guard as a sophomore. Like David Bakhtiari before him, tired of losing all the time. Was arrested for felony assault and wound up pleading to a misdemeanor. Transferred to Nebraska. Sat out '13. Started at left tackle final two years. Needs to develop into lineman's body. Mid- to late-round pick.

DE/OLB Roy Robertson-Harris, Texas-El Paso (6-5, 256): 40: 4.84. Vertical: 35. Broad: 9-11. Bench: 23. Started all 12 games as a senior and was team captain. Had 7.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks and four pass breakups. Long arms and big body are attracting scouts, but his production has not always matched his physical ability. Could play end in a 4-3. Cousin is former NFL guard Carl Nicks.

OL Wes Schweitzer, San Jose State (6-4, 300): 40: 5.15. Vertical: 27.5. Broad: 9-10. Bench: 28. Started 36 consecutive games, mostly at left tackle, over a three-season span. A three-time academic all-conference award winner.

RB Dwayne Washington, Washington (6-1, 223): 40: 4.48. Vertical: 37.5. Broad: 10-7. Bench: 21. Entered draft as a junior. Former wide receiver with home run speed. A long-strider who is still transitioning into a running back. Could be a dangerous third-down back. Had some fumble problems. Lost his starting job last year and rushed for 282 yards on 47 carries with four touchdowns.

DL David Onyemata, University of Manitoba (6-3, 304): 40: 5.07. Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-11. Bench: 33. Born in Lagos, Nigeria. Has played only four years of football and will need grooming. Tremendously strong with an 82-inch wingspan and 103/8-inch hands. Held a pro day in Manitoba and 17 scouts showed up, including the Packers. Had a tackle for loss and sack in the East-West Shrine Game. Could be selected on the second day of draft.

WR Bryce Treggs, California (5-11 ½, 190): 40: 4.39. Vertical: 34. Broad: 10-2. Bench: 16. Speed burner who averaged 19.8 yards per reception playing with QB Jared Goff in 2015. Started five games and had a team-high 813 yards receiving on 41 catches with six touchdowns as a senior. Has some kick return experience. Had one catch in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. Father Brian played at Cal and for Seattle Seahawks.

OL Ted Karras, Illinois (6-4, 307): 40: 5.34. Vertical: 26.5. Broad: 8-10. Bench: 32. Great uncle is NFL great Alex Karras. Four-year starter at right guard. Suffered ACL tear at end of junior year but played all 12 games the following year. Not a great athlete but tremendously strong and extremely intense.

CB Kalan Reed, Southern Mississippi (5-11, 192): 40: 4.49. Vertical: 41.5. Broad: 10-2. Bench: 11. Great athleticism but lacks strength. Started since sophomore year. Had 56 tackles and 19 pass breakups as senior. Probably will be limited to being a slot corner until he builds body up. Needs time to develop.

S Peni Vea, UNLV (6-1, 206): 40: 4.46. Vertical: 39. Broad: 9-11. Bench: 19. Only two scouts showed up at his pro day. His 40 time would have ranked tied for third among safeties at combine. Team won only three games. Had four interceptions in four seasons. Had 80 tackles and four pass breakups.

OL Blake Muir, Baylor (6-5, 315): 40: NA. Vertical: 32. Broad: 9-8. Bench: 28. First-team all-Big 12 last year, two-time all-academic team. Started 12 games at left tackle for Hawaii and then transferred. Started all but one game at Baylor. Born in Australia and has background in Australian Rules Football.

FB Joe Kerridge, Michigan (6-0, 245): 40: 4.89. Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 9-9. Bench: 24. Walked on in Ann Arbor. Team captain as a senior. Fits as a power fullback and special teams player. Roomed with Packers linebacker Jake Ryan in 2014.

DE Noah Spence, Eastern Kentucky (6-2 ½, 251): 40: 4.80. Vertical: 35. Broad: 10-1. Bench: 25. Started out at Ohio State, starting 13 games at end his second season. Tested positive twice for Ecstasy and was banned by the Big Ten. Went into drug treatment and then transferred to EKU. Was the FCS defensive player of the year in '15. Could be taken in first round.

WR Devin Fuller, UCLA (6-0, 194 pounds): 40: 4.39. Vertical: 36. Broad: 10-4. Bench: NA. Caught 24 passes for 259 yards and 3 TDs. Biggest impact was as a returner. Averaged 24.2 yards on 17 kickoffs and 11.8 on 12 punt returns. Played three seasons with Packers QB Brett Hundley.

DE Bronson Kaufusi, BYU (6-6 ½, 285): 40: 4.87. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-3; Bench: 25. Served a two-year mission and returned to the field in '12. Moved to outside linebacker in '14 and then back to end in '15. Has great quickness around the corner and decent strength. Had 26 ½ sacks in four seasons. Not a lot of lower-body strength. Will be 25 this year.

OL Le'Raven Clark, Texas Tech (6-5, 316): 40: 5.16. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-1. Bench: 20. Long arms, huge hands and experience playing guard and tackle. A developmental player because of some strength issues, but has starter potential. Good in the run game but needs work on pass-blocking techniques. Could go high in second round.

SMBASS
04-28-2016, 12:40 PM

I'll bet Ted's scouring the Twitter wires right now trying to figure out who he should take based on what all the, "experts" say. I read a tweet that says a lot of the Packer's draft board is predicated on the opinions of the Twitter geniuses. Lol...

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 12:48 PM
jklowan: I think you're supposed to quote a piece of the article and provide a link. Posting the whole thing can be a problem...

jklowan
04-28-2016, 12:55 PM
noted, thanks

Freak Out
04-28-2016, 12:58 PM
I will only like him if he's nicknamed "Pink."

"Which ones Pink?"

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 01:00 PM
"Which ones Pink?"

the white guy who was out on the beach all day

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Some players we have been looking at...

Green Bay — Scouts haven't been flocking to Dover, Del., this draft season to get a look at Wesley College's senior class, but those who have been thorough enough to watch tape of the Wolverines have spotted a potential sleeper.

His name is Joe Callahan, a record-setting quarterback who was awarded Division III's version of the Heisman Trophy after throwing for 5,068 yards and 55 touchdowns last season.

The 6-foot-1, 216-pound Callahan has drawn the attention of the Green Bay Packers, who have been in contact with him regularly and appear very interested in signing him if he isn't drafted. Regional scout Mike Owens did the groundwork and director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst has been following up with phone calls.

DL David Onyemata, University of Manitoba (6-3, 304): 40: 5.07. Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-11. Bench: 33. Born in Lagos, Nigeria. Has played only four years of football and will need grooming. Tremendously strong with an 82-inch wingspan and 103/8-inch hands. Held a pro day in Manitoba and 17 scouts showed up, including the Packers. Had a tackle for loss and sack in the East-West Shrine Game. Could be selected on the second day of draft.

OL Le'Raven Clark, Texas Tech (6-5, 316): 40: 5.16. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-1. Bench: 20. Long arms, huge hands and experience playing guard and tackle. A developmental player because of some strength issues, but has starter potential. Good in the run game but needs work on pass-blocking techniques. Could go high in second round.

These three are intriguing players with a very high upside.

Joe Callahan is UDFA probably.

Obviously, TT will have to draft the other two.

Onyemata is a project, but has great potential. Maybe TT is interested only if he's undrafted.

Lance Zierlein, on the one hand, says Clark "has a Pro Bowl upside with the floor of an average NFL starter." On the other hand, Zierlein has labelled Clark a boom-or-bust player. Intriguing.

I watched Clark in the Senior Bowl and was unimpressed. He couldn't block the edge rushers to save his life. But then maybe I don't see what scouts see.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:08 PM
MY FINAL QB RANKINGS

Rk Rd Player, College Team (consensus rank, consensus round)
1 1 Carson Wentz, North Dakota State (1, 1)
2 1 Jared Goff, California (2, 1)
3 1 Paxton Lynch, Memphis (3, 1-2)
4 2-3 Connor Cook, Michigan State (4, 1-2)
5 3-4 Christian Hackenberg, Penn State (5, 2-3)
6 3-4 Cardale Jones, Ohio State (9, 3-7)
7 4-5 Jacoby Brissett, North Carolina State (6, 3-5)
8 4-5 Dak Prescott, Mississippi State (7, 3-6)
9 5 Kevin Hogan, Stanford (8, 4-6)
10 5-6 Jeff Driskel, Louisiana Tech (10, 4-FA)
11 6-7 Brandon Allen, Arkansas (12, 4-FA)
12 7-FA JAKE COKER, Alabama (17, FA)
13 PFA Nate Sudfeld, Indiana (11, 5-7)
14 PFA Josh Woodrum, Liberty (14, 6-FA)
15 PFA JAKE RUDOCK, Michigan (19, FA)
16 PFA Joel Stave, Wisconsin (18, FA)
17 PFA Cody Kessler, USC (13, 6-FA)
18 PFA Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky (16, 7-FA)
19 FA Vernon Adams, Oregon (15, 7-FA)
20 FA Trevone Boykin, TCU (20, FA)

*player listed with capital letters did not receive a combine invite.

PACKERS ANGLE

The Packers will likely not draft a QB, and instead go the rookie free agent route for their 4th camp QB.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:16 PM
MY FINAL RB RANKINGS

1 1 Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State (1, 1)
2 2 Derrick Henry, Alabama (2, 1-2)
3 2 Devontae Booker, Utah (3, 2-3)
4 3 C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame (5, 2-3)
5 3 Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech (4, 2-3)
6 3-4 Jordan Howard, Indiana (6, 2-4)
7 3-4 Paul Perkins, UCLA (7, 3-4)
8 4 Jonathan Williams, Arkansas (10, 3-6)
9 4 Alex Collins, Arkansas (9, 3-4)
10 4-5 Kenyan Drake, Alabama (8, 2-4)
11 4-5 Tyler Ervin, San Jose State (11, 4-5)
12 5 DeAndre Washington, Texas Tech (17, 4-7)
13 5 Kelvin Taylor, Florida (12, 4-6)
14 5-6 Keith Marshall, Georgia (16, 5-7)
15 5-6 Josh Ferguson, Illinois (13, 4-6)
16 6 Wendell Smallwood, West Virginia (15, 5-7)
17 7 Daniel Lasco, California (14, 4-7)
18 7-FA Brandon Wilds, South Carolina (19, 7-FA)
19 7-FA DARIUS JACKSON, Eastern Michigan (22, 6-FA)
20 7-FA Tre Madden, USC (20, 6-FA)
21 PFA Tra Carson, Texas A&M (24, 7-FA)
22 PFA AARON GREEN, TCU (18, 7-FA)
23 PFA JHURELL PRESSLEY, New Mexico (25, 7-FA)
24 FA Peyton Barber, Auburnv (21, 7-FA)
25 FA Marshaun Coprich, Illinois State (23, 7-FA)
26 FA Shad Thornton, North Carolina State (26, FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Look for the Packers to spend a mid-round selection on a RB.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:31 PM
MY FINAL WR RANKINGS

1 1 Laquon Treadwell, Mississippi (1, 1-2)
2 1 Josh Doctson, TCU (2, 1-2)
3 1-2 Corey Coleman, Baylor (3, 1-2)
4 1-2 Sterling Shepard, Oklahoma (7, 2-3)
5 2 Michael Thomas, Ohio State (5, 2-3)
6 2-3 Leonte Carroo, Rutgers (9, 3-4)
7 2-3 Will Fuller, Notre Dame (4, 1-2)
8 3 Malcolm Mitchell, Georgia (11, 3-5)
9 3 Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh (6, 2-3)
10 3 Braxton Miller, Ohio State (8, 1-3)
11 3-4 Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina (10, 2-4)
12 3-4 Chris Moore, Cincinnati (16, 2-6)
13 3-4 Jordan Payton, UCLA (15, 3-6)
14 4 Charone Peake, Clemson (12, 3-4)
15 4 Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa (20, 3-6)
16 4-5 Tajae Sharpe, Massachusetts (18, 4-7)
17 4-5 Aaron Burbridge, Michigan State (13, 3-5)
18 4-5 Kolby Listenbee, TCU (19, 3-6)
19 5 Trevor Davis, California (33, 4-FA)
20 5 Kenny Lawler, California (17, 3-6)
21 5 Rashard Higgins, Colorado State (14, 2-6)
22 5-6 Devon Cajuste, Stanford (21, 4-7)
23 5-6 Ricardo Louis, Auburn (37, 5-FA)
24 5-6 Demarcus Robinson, Florida (24, 3-FA)
25 5-6 Roger Lewis, Bowling Green (28, 4-FA)
26 6 Cody Core, Mississippi (26, 4-FA)
27 6 MIKE THOMAS, Southern Mississippi (35, 5-FA)
28 6-7 MORITZ BOEHRINGER, Germany (39, 6-FA)
29 6-7 DANIEL BRAVERMAN, Western Michigan (22, 4-7)
30 7 Chris Brown, Notre Dame (25, 5-FA)
31 7 Jalin Marshall, Ohio State (23, 4-7)
32 7 ROBBY ANDERSON, Temple (32, 4-FA)
33 7-FA DOMINIQUE WILLIAMS, Washington State (47, 7-FA)
34 7-FA MITCH MATHEWS, BYU (42, 6-FA)
35 7-FA JAY LEE, Baylor (29, 7-FA)
36 7-FA PAUL MCROBERTS, SE Missouri State (27, 5-FA)
37 7-FA Geronimo Allison, Illinois (38, 7-FA)
38 PFA Marquez North, Tennessee (41, 6-FA)
39 PFA JAYDON MICKENS, Washington (50, FA)
40 PFA D.J. Foster, Arizona State (31, 7-FA)
41 PFA Cayleb Jones, Arizona (34, 6-FA)
42 PFA Rashawn Scott, Miami (Fla) (44, 6-FA)
43 PFA Hunter Sharp, Utah State (43, 6-FA)
44 PFA Bralon Addison, Oregon (30, 4-FA)
45 PFA TEVAUN SMITH, Iowa (51, 7-FA)
46 PFA ALEX ERICKSON, Wisconsin (53, FA)
47 FA De'Runnya Wilson, Mississippi State (40, 7-FA)
48 FA Alonzo Russell, Toledo (52, FA)
49 FA Demarcus Ayers, Houston (45, 7-FA)
50 FA Byron Marshall, Oregon (36, 5-FA)
51 FA Nelson Spruce, Colorado (46, 7-FA)
52 FA Mekale McKay, Cincinnati (48, FA)
53 FA Johnny Holton, Cincinnati (54, FA)
54 FA D'haquille Williams, Auburn (49, FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Probably not as big of a need as some think. The talent is there. It just needs to get healthy. They will not pass on good value at the position though, particularly an outside receiver with some speed.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:37 PM
MY FINAL TE RANKINGS

1 2 Hunter Henry, Arkansas (1, 1-2)
2 2-3 Austin Hooper, Stanford (2, 2-3)
3 3 Nick Vannett, Ohio State (3, 2-3)
4 3 Jerell Adams, South Carolina (4, 2-4)
5 4-5 Tyler Higbee, Western Kentucky (7, 4-7)
6 5-6 Beau Sandland, Montana State (5, 5-6)
7 5-6 Ben Braunecker, Harvard (6, 4-6)
8 5-6 Temarrick Hemingway, South Carolina State (9, 4-6)
9 6 Thomas Duarte, UCLA (8, 4-7)
10 6 Stephen Anderson, California (15, 6-FA)
11 6-7 Bryce Williams, East Carolina (10, 5-7)
12 7 Ryan Malleck, Virginia Tech (14, 5-FA)
13 7 David Morgan, Texas-San Antonio (12, 6-FA)
14 7-FA Jake McGee, Florida (13, 6-FA)
15 7-FA HENRY KRIEGER-COBLE, Iowa (11, 6-FA)
16 PFA STEVEN SCHEU, Vanderbilt (19, FA)
17 PFA KYLE CARTER, Penn State (18, FA)
18 PFA TANNER MCEVOY, Wisconsin (20, FAv
19 FA DARION GRISWOLD, Arkansas State (17, 7-FA)
20 FA David Grinnage, North Carolina State (16, 7-FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

An area of need, but this is a weak draft for TEs. I only have the top five projecting to be solid starters in the NFL, and Higbee has a character concerns (otherwise, he'd be #2 or 3 ranked TE). If the Packers can get one of the top four with their third round selection, I look for them to do so.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:44 PM
MY FINAL OT RANKINGS

1 1 Laremy Tunsil, Mississippi (1, 1)
2 1 Jack Conklin, Michigan State (3, 1)
3 1 Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame (2, 1)
4 1-2 Taylor Decker, Ohio State (4, 1)
5 1-2 Jason Spriggs, Indiana (6, 1-2)
6 1-2 Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M (5, 1-2)
7 2 Shon Coleman, Auburn (7, 2)
8 3 Alex Lewis, Nebraska (9, 2-5)
9 3 Le'Raven Clark, Texas Tech (8, 2-4)
10 4 Joe Haeg, North Dakota State (15, 3-7)
11 4 Willie Beavers, Western Michigan (11, 3-5)
12 4 Kyle Murphy, Stanford (13, 3-7)
13 4-5 Jerald Hawkins, LSU (10, 2-4)
14 4-5 Brandon Shell, South Carolina (17, 3-FA)
15 4-5 Caleb Benenoch, UCLA (12, 3-7)
16 5 Dominique Robertson, West Georgia (14, 5-7)
17 5 Avery Young, Auburn (16, 4-6)
18 6 Fahn Cooper, Mississippi (18, 4-7)
19 6 John Theus, Georgia (19, 4-FA)
20 6-7 Stephone Nembot, Colorado (22, 6-FA)
21 6-7 Pearce Slater, San Diego State (21, 6-FA)
22 7 JOE GORE, Clemson (28, FA)
23 7 Tyler Marz, Wisconsin (26, 7-FA)
24 7-FA Halapoulivaati Vaitai, TCU (20, 5-FA)
25 7-FA Cole Toner, Harvard (23, 6-FA)
26 PFA CLAY DEBORD, Eastern Washington (27, 7-FA)
27 PFA Tyler Johnstone, Oregon (24, 7-FA)
28 PFA DAVANTE HARRIS, Appalachian State (25, 6-FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Another area of need after the poor play of the backups last year, and the pending free agency of David Bakhtiari. The Packers will likely use a surprisingly high pick on OT.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:49 PM
MY FINAL OG RANKINGS

1 1-2 Cody Whitehair, Kansas State (1, 1-3)
2 1-2 Joshua Garnett, Stanford (2, 2)
3 2-3 Christian Westerman, Arizona State (3, 2-4)
4 3 Connor McGovern, Missouri (4, 3-4)
5 3 Isaac Seumalo, Oregon State (6, 3-6)
6 3-4 Vadal Alexander, LSU (5, 2-5)
7 3-4 Rees Odhiambo, Boise State (9, 3-6)
8 4 Joe Dahl, Washington State (8, 4-5)
9 4 Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas (7, 3-4)
10 5 Parker Ehinger, Cincinnati (12, 5-FA)
11 5-6 Spencer Drango, Baylor (10, 5-6)
12 5-6 Alex Redmond, UCLA (15, 6-FA)
13 6 Darrell Greene, San Diego State (14, 5-7)
14 6 Landon Turner, North Carolina (11, 5-7)
15 6 Denver Kirkland, Arkansas (13, 4-7)
16 7 ANTHONY FABIANO, Harvard (18, 6-FA)
17 7 Dominick Jackson, Alabama (22, 7-FA)
18 7-FA TED KARRAS, Illinois (17, 6-FA)
19 7-FA CHASE FARRIS, Ohio State (21, 7-FA)
20 PFA VI TEOFILO, Arizona State (19, 7-FA)
21 PFA Joseph Cheek, Texas A&M (16, 6-FA)
22 FA Nila Kasitati, Oklahoma (20, 7-FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Another area of need with the pending free agency of both starters, but the Packers have been successful plucking starters at OG in the middle rounds. If one of the top five were to slip until the 4th round, it would be hard for the Packers to bypass them.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 01:53 PM
MY FINAL OC RANKINGS

1 1 Ryan Kelly, Alabama (1, 1-2)
2 2 Nick Martin, Notre Dame (2, 2-3)
3 2-3 Graham Glasgow, Michigan (4, 2-4)
4 3-4 Joe Thuney, North Carolina State (6, 3-6)
5 4-5 Max Tuerk, USC (3, 3-5)
6 5 Evan Boehm, Missouri (5, 4-5)
7 6 Jake Brendel, UCLA (11, 6-FA)
8 6 Jack Allen, Michigan State (7, 5-6)
9 7-FA Austin Blythe, Iowa (8, 5-7)
10 7-FA Matt Skura, Duke (9, 6-FA)
11 PFA JORDAN WALSH, Iowa (10, 7-FA)
12 PFA MARCUS HENRY, Boise State (13, 7-FA)
13 PFA KYLE FRIEND, Temple (12, 7-FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

With two starting caliber OCs on the roster, there is no need at the position. However, Glasgow, Thuney, and Brendel also project to OG. Those three might be possibilities.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 02:06 PM
MY FINAL DE RANKINGS

Rk Rd Player, College Team (consensus rank, consensus round, scheme fit)
1 1 Joey Bosa, Ohio State (1, 1, 4-3 DE)
2 1 DeForest Buckner, Oregon (2, 1, 3-4 DE)
3 1-2 Emmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State (4, 1-3, 4-3 DE)
4 1-2 Kevin Dodd, Clemson (3, 1-2, 4-3 DE)
5 2 Chris Jones, Mississippi State (5, 1-2, 3-4 DE)
6 2 Bronson Kaufusi, BYU (7, 2-4, 3-4 DE)
7 2-3 Jihad Ward, Illinois (6, 2-4, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT)
8 3 Charles Tapper, Oklahoma (9, 3-4, 3-4/4-3 DE)
9 3 Carl Nassib, Penn State (8, 3, 4-3 DE)
10 4 Adam Gotsis, Georgia Tech (10, 3-5, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT)
11 4 Matt Judon, Grand Valley State (11, 4, 4-3 DE)
12 4 Ronald Blair, Appalachian State (12, 3-4, 4-3 DE)
13 4-5 Jason Fanaika, Utah (13, 4-5, 4-3 DE)
14 4-5 Dean Lowry, Northwestern (17, 3-FA, 3-4 DE)
15 4-5 Shawn Oakman, Baylor (18, 7-FA, 4-3/3-4 DE)
16 5 Quinton Jefferson, Maryland (16, 5-FA, 4-3 DT)
17 5 Matt Ioannidis, Temple (14, 5-6, 4-3 DT/3-4 DE)
18 5-6 Anthony Zettel, Penn State (15, 4-6, 4-3/3-4 DE)
19 5-6 Connor Wujciak, Boston College (21, 6-FA, 4-3 DT/3-4 DE)
20 6-7 Joel Heath, Michigan State (22, 7-FA, 3-4/4-3 DE)
21 7 Ufomba Kamalu, Miami (Fla) (23, 7-FA, 3-4 DE)
22 7-FA Giorgio Newberry, Florida State (26, FA, 3-4 DE)
23 7-FA Sterling Bailey, Georgia (24, FA, 3-4 DE)
24 PFA SHIRO DAVIS, Texas (27, FA, 4-3 DE)
25 PFA D.J. Pettway, Alabama (19, 6-FA, 4-3 DE)
26 PFA Darius Latham, Indiana (20, 6-FA, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT)
27 PFA Branden Jackson, Texas Tech (28, FA, 4-3 DE)
28 FA Mehdi Abdesmad, Boston College (25, 7-FA, 3-4 DE)

*players are listed at the position they'd best fit a 3-4 defense, but some players better fit a 4-3 defense, so there's some discrepancies with my positions compared to most draft sites.

PACKERS ANGLE

An area of need because of the lack of bodies available to play the position.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
MY FINAL DT RANKINGS

1 1 Sheldon Rankins, Louisville (1, 1-2, 4-3 DT)
2 1 Jarran Reed, Alabama (2, 1, 3-4 NT)
3 1-2 Vernon Butler, Louisiana Tech (5, 1-2, 3-4 DE/3-4 NT)
4 1-2 Kenny Clark, UCLA (6, 1-2, 3-4 NT/4-3 DT)
5 1-2 A'Shawn Robinson, Alabama (3, 1-2, 3-4 NT/4-3 DT)
6 1-2 Andrew Billings, Baylor (7, 1-2, 4-3 DT/3-4 NT)
7 2 Jonathan Bullard, Florida (9, 2, 4-3 DT)
8 2 Austin Johnson, Penn State (8, 1-2, 4-3 DT)
9 2 Robert Nkemdiche, Mississippi (4, 1-2, 4-3 DT)
10 2-3 Maliek Collins, Nebraska (12, 2-3, 4-3 DT)
11 2-3 Hassan Ridgeway, Texas (10, 2-3, 3-4 NT/4-3 DT)
12 3 Javon Hargrave, South Carolina State (13, 3-4, 4-3 DT)
13 3 Willie Henry, Michigan (15, 2-6, 3-4 NT/4-3 DT)
14 3-4 Sheldon Day, Notre Dame (14, 2-4, 4-3 DT)
15 4-5 Adolphus Washington, Ohio State (11, 3-4, 4-3 DT)
16 4-5 D.J. Reader, Clemson (16, 4-5, 3-4 NT)
17 5-6 Lawrence Thomas, Michigan State (17, 5-FA, 4-3 DT)
18 6-7 Vincent Valentine, Nebraska (18, 5-FA, 3-4 NT)
19 7 JUSTIN ZIMMER, Ferris State (24, 7-FA, 4-3 DT)
20 7-FA DAVID ONYEMATA, Manitoba (21, 7-FA, 4-3 DT)
21 7-FA GREG MILHOUSE, Campbell (23, 7-FA, 4-3 DT)
22 7-FA Niles Lawrence-Stample, Florida State (20, 6-FA, 3-4 NT)
23 PFA Chris Mayes, Georgia (25, FA, 3-4 NT)
24 PFA Antwaun Woods, USC (19, 5-FA, 3-4 NT/4-3 DT)
26 FA Devaunte Sigler, Jacksonville State (22, 7-FA, 3-4 NT)
27 FA Luther Maddy, Virginia Tech (26, FA, 4-3 DT)

*players are listed at the position they'd best fit a 3-4 defense, but some players better fit a 4-3 defense, so there's some discrepancies with my positions compared to most draft sites.

PACKERS ANGLE

A major area of need after the retirement of B.J. Raji and suspension of Mike Pennel. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Packers took advantage of a deep DT crop and grabbed two players at this position with one being at the top of the draft.

pbmax
04-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Nah, only on the reporting of it. You have to be skeptical anyway even when you hear things from people you know, I can't believe anyone on a team is watching it. Not even @alonzohighsmith ‏or @eliotwolf46.

I suppose there could be a case of farce, someone hears a conversation started over Twitter about something unlikely and it gets passed along without knowing. But that kind of egregious error probably means the person isn't fit to weigh in on these decisions anyway.

I think its mostly speculation, misinformation and fake outs. The WWII Casablanca of the modern world.

College recruiting however, I think can be influenced by social media.

pbmax
04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Harvey's kids must be in school now :lol:

Sparkey
04-28-2016, 04:53 PM
the white guy who was out on the beach all day

You! Yes, you! behind the bikesheds, stand still laddie!

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 04:57 PM
MY FINAL OLB RANKINGS

1 1 Myles Jack, UCLA (1, 1, 4-3 OLB)
2 1 Leonard Floyd, Georgia (2, 1, 3-4 OLB)
3 1-2 Shaq Lawson, Clemson (3, 1-2, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
4 1-2 Kamalei Correa, Boise State (5, 1-2, 3-4 OLB)
5 2 Noah Spence, Eastern Kentucky (4, 1-2, 3-4 OLB)
6 2 Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State (7, 2-3, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
7 2-3 Kyler Fackrell, Utah State (9, 2-4, 3-4 OLB)
8 2-3 Su'a Cravens, USC (6, 2-3, 4-3 OLB/3-4 SS)
9 2-3 Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame (8, 2-4, 4-3 OLB)
10 3 Jordan Jenkins, Georgia (10, 3, 3-4 OLB)
11 3 Joe Schobert, Wisconsin (11, 3-4, 3-4 OLB/ILB)
12 3-4 Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech (14, 4-7, 3-4 OLB)
13 4 JATAVIS BROWN, Akron (13, 3-5, 4-3 OLB)
14 4 Yannick Ngakoue, Maryland (12, 3-5, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
15 5 Travis Feeney, Washington (17, 5-7, 4-3 OLB)
16 5 De'Vondre Campbell, Minnesota (15, 5-6, 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB)
17 5-6 Stephen Weatherly, Vanderbilt (22, 5-7, 3-4 OLB)
18 5-6 James Cowser, Southern Utah (16, 4-6, 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB)
19 6 Alex McCalister, Florida (23, 6-FA, 3-4 OLB)
20 6 Victor Ochi, Stony Brook (19, 6-7, 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB)
21 6-7 TYRONE HOLMES, Montana (24, 6-FA, 4-3 MLB/3-4 OLB)
22 6-7 Devante Bond, Oklahoma (25, 7-FA, 4-3 OLB)
23 6-7 Cory Littleton, Washington (31, 7-FA, 4-3 OLB)
24 7 Eric Striker, Oklahoma (18, 5-7, 4-3 OLB)
25 7 Romeo Okwara, Notre Dame (20, 5-7, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
26 7 Ron Thompson, Syracuse (21, 6-7, 3-4 OLB)
27 7-FA Curt Maggitt, Tennessee (27, 7-FA, 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB)
28 7-FA Steve Longa, Rutgers (26, 6-FA, 4-3 OLB)
29 7-FA AARON WALLACE, UCLA (30, 6-FA, 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB)
30 7-FA KYRIE WILSON, Fresno State (35, FA, 4-3 OLB)
31 PFA DILLON LEE, Alabama (34, 7-FA, 3-4 OLB)
32 PFA IAN SEAU, Nevada (28, 7-FA, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
33 FA Montese Overton, East Carolina (29, 7-FA, 4-3 OLB)
34 FA Jimmy Bean, Oklahoma State (32, 7-FA, 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE)
35 FA Kris Frost, Auburn (33, 7-FA, 4-3 OLB)

PACKERS ANGLE

An area of need with the impending free agency of Julius Peppers and Nick Perry. Clay Matthews moving back to OLB alleviates the need a bit.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 05:12 PM
MY FINAL ILB RANKINGS

1 1 Darron Lee, Ohio State (1, 1-2)
2 1-2 Reggie Ragland, Alabama (2, 1-2)
3 2 Deion Jones, LSU (3, 2-3)
4 2 Joshua Perry, Ohio State (4, 2-3)
5 3-4 B.J. Goodson, Clemson (7, 3-4)
6 4 Nick Kwiatkoski, Utah (5, 3-5)
7 4 Blake Martinez, Stanford (9, 4-5)
8 4 Tyler Matakevich, Temple (6, 3-4)
9 4-5 Nick Vigil, Utah State (11, 5-6)
10 5 Kentrell Brothers, Missouri (8, 2-6)
11 5 Scooby Wright, Arizona (10, 4-6)
12 5-6 Jared Norris, Utah (13, 6-7)
13 5-6 Terrance Smith, Florida State (14, 6-FA)
14 6 Antonio Morrison, Florida (12, 5-FA)
15 6 Josh Forrest, Kentucky (17, 4-FA)
16 7 LUKE RHODES, William & Mary (20, 7-FA)
17 7 BRANDON CHUBB, Wake Forest (23, 7-FA)
18 7-FA Beniquez Brown, Mississippi State (18, 7-FA)
19 7-FA JOE WALKER, Oregon (26, FA)
20 7-FA Steven Daniels, Boston College (16, 6-FA)
21 PFA JAMES BURGESS, Louisville (24, FA)
22 PFA Dominique Alexander, Oklahoma (15, 5-FA)
23 FA Cassanova McKinzy, Auburn (19, 7-FA)
24 FA Raphael Kirby, Miami (Fla) (22, 7-FA)
25 FA Gionni Paul, Utah (25, 7-FA)
26 FA C.J. Johnson, Mississippi (21, FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

A big area of need--although it might not be as dire if Barrington returns healthy and Ryan takes the year two leap.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 05:29 PM
MY FINAL CB RANKINGS

1 1 Vernon Hargreaves, Florida (1, 1)
2 1-2 Eli Apple, Ohio State (3, 1-2)
3 1-2 William Jackson, Houston (2, 1-2)
4 1-2 Mackensie Alexander, Clemson (4, 1-2)
5 2 Artie Burns, Miami (Fla) (5, 2-3)
6 2 Xavien Howard, Baylor (7, 2-3)
7 2 Kendall Fuller, Virginia Tech (6, 2-3)
8 2-3 Cyrus Jones, Alabama (8, 2-4)
9 3-4 Keivarae Russell, Notre Dame (10, 3-4)
10 3-4 James Bradberry, Samford (15, 3-6)
11 3-4 Eric Murray, Minnesota (11, 3-5)
12 3-4 Jalen Mills, LSU (9, 3-4)
13 4 Maurice Canady, Virginia (18, 4-5)
14 4 Ryan Smith, North Carolina Central (14, 4-5)
15 4 DeAndre Elliott, Colorado State (30, 6-FA)
16 4-5 D.J. White, Georgia Tech (16, 3-6)
17 4-5 Zack Sanchez, Oklahoma (12, 3-4)
18 4-5 Deiondre' Hall, Northern Iowa (21, 4-6)
19 5 Kevon Seymour, USC (25, 5-6)
20 5 Harlan Miller, SE Louisiana (20, 4-5)
21 5-6 KALAN REED, Southern Mississippi (32, 5-FA)
22 5-6 Daryl Worley, West Virginia (17, 3-6)
23 5-6 Brandon Williams, Texas A&M (27, 4-FA)
24 5-6 Will Redmond, Mississippi State (13, 3-6)
25 6 Tavon Young, Temple (19, 5-6)
26 6 Jonathan Jones, Auburn (22, 4-5)
27 6 Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Minnesota (24, 3-FA)
28 6-7 Juston Burris, North Carolina State (29, 7-FA)
29 6-7 Anthony Brown, Purdue (28, 5-FA)
30 7 Rashard Robinson, LSU (23, 4-7)
31 7 LeShaun Sims, Southern Utah (26, 6-FA)
32 7 Ken Crawley, Colorado (33, 7-FA)
33 7-FA MIKE JORDAN, Missouri Western State (41, FA)
34 7-FA MORGAN BURNS, Kansas State (35, 6-FA)
35 7-FA De'Vante Harris, Texas A&M (39, 7-FA)
36 7-FA Kevin Peterson, Oklahoma State (31, 7-FA)
37 PFA Taveze Calhoun, Mississippi State (34, 7-FA)
38 PFA Cleveland Wallace, San Jose State (36, 7-FA)
39 PFA LLOYD CARRINGTON, Arizona State (40, FA)
40 PFA CRE'VON LEBLANC, Florida Atlantic (37, 7-FA)
41 FA BRIAN POOLE, Florida (38, FA)
42 FA Jimmy Pruitt, San Jose State (42, FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Not an area of need, but you can never have enough CBs.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 05:45 PM
MY FINAL S RANKINGS

1 1 Jalen Ramsey, Florida State (1, 1)
2 1-2 Karl Joseph, West Virginia (2, 1-2)
3 1-2 Vonn Bell, Ohio State (4, 1-3)
4 2 Keanu Neal, Florida (3, 1-3)
5 2-3 T.J. Green, Clemson (5, 2-4)
6 2-3 Sean Davis, Maryland (9, 2-5)
7 3 Justin Simmons, Boston College (7, 3-4)
8 3 Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah (8, 3-4)
9 3 Darian Thompson, Boise State (6, 2-3)
10 3-4 Tyvis Powell, Ohio State (14, 4-6)
11 3-4 KEVIN BYARD, Middle Tennessee (13, 3-6)
12 4 Jeremy Cash, Duke (10, 3-5)
13 4 Deon Bush, Miami (Fla) (15, 3-6)
14 4-5 Kavon Frazier, Central Michigan (17, 4-7)
15 4-5 DeAndre Houston-Carson, William & Mary (11, 3-5)
16 4-5 K.J. Dillon, West Virginia (12, 3-5)
17 5-6 Jordan Lucas, Penn State (18, 6-FA)
18 5-6 Jayron Kearse, Clemson (16, 4-6)
19 6-7 CLAYTON FEJEDELEM, Illinois (22, 7-FA)
20 7 Elijah Shumate, Notre Dame (20, 7-FA)
21 7-FA D.J. HUNTER, Marshall (27, 7-FA)
22 7-FA MICHAEL CAPUTO, Wisconsin (24, 7-FA)
23 7-FA Tevin Carter, Utah (23, FA)
24 7-FA Derrick Kindred, TCU (21, 7-FA)
25 PFA WILL PARKS, Arizona (26, 7-FA)
26 PFA Jordan Lomax, Iowa (25, 7-FA)
27 PFA TRAE ELSTON, Mississippi (19, 5-FA)
28 FA A.J. Stamps, Kentucky (28, FA)
29 FA Lamarcus Brutus, Florida State (29, FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Not an area of need. We'll take one if there is value there.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 05:53 PM
MY TOP 40 PROSPECTS

1 Jalen Ramsey
2 Myles Jack*
3 Joey Bosa
4 Jaylon Smith*
5 Laremy Tunsil
6 DeForest Buckner
7 Carson Wentz
8 Jack Conklin
9 Ezekiel Elliott
10 Ronnie Stanley
11 Darron Lee
12 Vernon Hargreaves
13 Jared Goff
14 Sheldon Rankins
15 Leonard Floyd
16 Laquon Treadwell
17 Josh Doctson
18 Jarran Reed
19 Vernon Butler
20 Paxton Lynch
21 Shaq Lawson
22 Kenny Clark
23 Ryan Kelly
24 Emmanuel Ogbah
25 Taylor Decker
26 A'Shawn Robinson
27 Reggie Ragland
28 Andrew Billings
29 Eli Apple
30 William Jackson
31 Kamalei Correa
32 Karl Joseph
33 Corey Coleman
34 Sterling Shepard
35 Mackensie Alexander
36 Jason Spriggs
37 Germain Ifedi
38 Vonn Bell
39 Cody Whitehair
40 Joshua Garnett

*Before their injuries, I'd replace them with Jonathan Bullard and Deion Jones. Chris Jones, Kevin Dodd, and Nick Martin just missed the list.

Freak Out
04-28-2016, 05:54 PM
MY FINAL RB RANKINGS

1 1 Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State (1, 1)
2 2 Derrick Henry, Alabama (2, 1-2)
3 2 Devontae Booker, Utah (3, 2-3)
4 3 C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame (5, 2-3)
5 3 Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech (4, 2-3)
6 3-4 Jordan Howard, Indiana (6, 2-4)
7 3-4 Paul Perkins, UCLA (7, 3-4)
8 4 Jonathan Williams, Arkansas (10, 3-6)
9 4 Alex Collins, Arkansas (9, 3-4)
10 4-5 Kenyan Drake, Alabama (8, 2-4)
11 4-5 Tyler Ervin, San Jose State (11, 4-5)
12 5 DeAndre Washington, Texas Tech (17, 4-7)
13 5 Kelvin Taylor, Florida (12, 4-6)
14 5-6 Keith Marshall, Georgia (16, 5-7)
15 5-6 Josh Ferguson, Illinois (13, 4-6)
16 6 Wendell Smallwood, West Virginia (15, 5-7)
17 7 Daniel Lasco, California (14, 4-7)
18 7-FA Brandon Wilds, South Carolina (19, 7-FA)
19 7-FA DARIUS JACKSON, Eastern Michigan (22, 6-FA)
20 7-FA Tre Madden, USC (20, 6-FA)
21 PFA Tra Carson, Texas A&M (24, 7-FA)
22 PFA AARON GREEN, TCU (18, 7-FA)
23 PFA JHURELL PRESSLEY, New Mexico (25, 7-FA)
24 FA Peyton Barber, Auburnv (21, 7-FA)
25 FA Marshaun Coprich, Illinois State (23, 7-FA)
26 FA Shad Thornton, North Carolina State (26, FA)

PACKERS ANGLE

Look for the Packers to spend a mid-round selection on a RB.

Hey Harv....you think the Packers could go for Drake?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Hey Harv....you think the Packers could go for Drake?

Personally, I don't think they'll go with a change of pace back. It's never been TT and MM's thing. They'll look for a possible three down replacement for Lacy and Starks. I think Dixon and Washington could be more than just third down RBs, but I think Ervin and Drake project as third down RBs (potentially dynamic ones though).

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 11:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656617/article/2016-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects

This was published just before TT made his NO. 27 pick...DT Kenny Clark from UCLA:

2016 NFL Draft: Best remaining prospects

NFL.com

Published: April 28, 2016 at 07:31 p.m. ... Updated: April 28, 2016 at 11:02 p.m.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 11:16 PM
MY TOP GUYS LEFT

2 Myles Jack*
4 Jaylon Smith*
24 Emmanuel Ogbah
26 A'Shawn Robinson
27 Reggie Ragland
28 Andrew Billings
31 Kamalei Correa
34 Sterling Shepard
35 Mackensie Alexander
36 Jason Spriggs
38 Vonn Bell
39 Cody Whitehair
41 Jonathan Bullard
42 Deion Jones
43 Chris Jones
44 Kevin Dodd
45 Nick Martin

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 07:31 AM
So OK and I'd have to deem TT's pick at NO. 27 'a surprize'...and Thank You Ted >>> moving forward:

2016 Packers Draft Picks

Here are the Green Bay Packers' picks by round in the 2016 NFL Draft:

Rd. 1 Pick NO. 27 The PACKERS Pick UCLA DT Kenny Clark

Friday, April 29: Second and third rounds, 6 p.m.

Rd 2 Pick NO. 57

Rd.3 Pick NO. 88

Saturday, April 30: Fourth through seventh rounds, 11 a.m.

Rd 4 Pick NO.125

Rd 4 Pick NO.131 compensatory

Rd.4 Pick NO.137 compensatory

Rd. 5 Pick NO.163

Rd 6 Pick NO. 200

Rd 7 Pick NO. 248

mraynrand
04-29-2016, 07:34 AM
So OK and I'd have to deem TT's pick at NO. 27 'a surprise'.

why?

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 09:33 AM
MY TOP GUYS LEFT

As we prepare for the Friday April 29,2016 Edition of this 2016 DRAFT.....

NFL.Com's Draft Tracker for the TOP 150 Rated Prospects

Tier 1.... 25 Prospects (Typ.):

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:1

Tier 2:

Here you find DT Kenny Clark...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:2

Tier 3:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:3

Tier 4:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:4

Tier 5:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:5

Tier 6:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:6

and ....to compensate for 'the Ted Thompson Factor'..... I'll add a Tier 7....and Tier 8:

Tier 7:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:7

Tier 8:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:8

Guiness
04-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Can't believe Myles Jack is still sitting there, quite the slide! Right out of the first round.

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Can't believe Myles Jack is still sitting there, quite the slide! Right out of the first round.

No way a team was going to use a first round pick on a player that won't play this year and has a knee. Plus, he's likely going to need another surgery.

Patler
04-29-2016, 10:21 AM
No way a team was going to use a first round pick on a player that won't play this year and has a knee. Plus, he's likely going to need another surgery.

I thought it is expected he will play this year. The question with him is how soon he might need the next surgery, but it won't be now.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 10:27 AM
I thought it is expected he will play this year. The question with him is how soon he might need the next surgery, but it won't be now.

I think some teams think he should get the surgery done sooner rather than later. I thought I heard that last night.

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2016, 10:29 AM

Maybe I got him confused with Jaylon Smith.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Maybe I got him confused with Jaylon Smith.

I was guilty of that. :whaa:

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:39 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635892-2016-nfl-drafts-all-sleeper-team/page/4

Wide Receiver: Malcolm Mitchell, Georgia

A sleeper at WR?

" Once considered one of the best athletes in the country as a freshman, injuries and a lack of a true positional identity pushed Malcolm Mitchell out of the national spotlight. However, as Matt Harmon of NFL.com published in his yearly “Reception Perception” research, Mitchell has been on par with some of the best receivers in the country."

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Tight End: David Grinnage, North Carolina State

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635892-2016-nfl-drafts-all-sleeper-team/page/5

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:45 AM
Offensive Line: Anthony Fabiano, Harvard

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635892-2016-nfl-drafts-all-sleeper-team/page/6

mraynrand
04-29-2016, 10:45 AM
I was guilty of that. :whaa:

It was easy to do. I saw that same clip and while they were showing it, I think they were talking about the other guy.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2016, 10:50 AM
Hey Wood, if you have any more sleepers, but sure to post them in that thread. Tomorrow and right after the draft it will be interesting to see where these names end up. All the good ones to Green Bay, of course!

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Cornerback: Arjen Colquhoun, Michigan State

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635892-2016-nfl-drafts-all-sleeper-team/page/9

Comment woodbuck27:

Ok....I'll give him my....... Canadian Seal Of Approval.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 10:52 AM
I like Malcolm Mitchell. I like Anthony Fabiano as a late round sleeper. I don't like David Grinnage much. I had him as the lowest rated TE of the 20 that I researched.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Hey Wood, if you have any more sleepers, but sure to post them in that thread. Tomorrow and right after the draft it will be interesting to see where these names end up. All the good ones to Green Bay, of course!

Yes.....I enjoy watching for these 'Sleepers' to go off the board.

It's difficult to know just where best to post this stuff....... and ..... Thanks.

I see there are threads now specific to each round...that's good.

woodbuck27
04-30-2016, 07:29 AM
an Edit of:

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2016-nfl-draft-packers/2016/4/30/11543088/best-available-going-into-day-3/in/11296053

Three prospects to watch for in Day Three of the 2016 Draft:

Christian Westerman, G, Arizona State

" Christian Westerman is an athletic Guard, fluid and quick off the ball. His biggest knock might be his size and ability to push players off the ball. He needs to add a little weight to his 300-pound frame. He is good at using his athleticism to seal off blocks but doesn’t have the power to drive defensive lineman away from the line of scrimmage. He’ll add good depth to whoever grabs him in the 4th round.

Joshua Perry, ILB, Ohio State

Joshua Perry was a playmaker at Ohio State but can do that at the next level. He seems like a good fit for a 3-4 middle linebacker. He's physical and can fill the gaps on running downs. He needs to improve his coverage skills. He’s a smart, physical player that will step in and play the MLB position and could be a big factor on special teams as well.

Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina

Cooper has been one of the most consistent receivers in the SEC over the last few years and was the lone bright spot on the South Carolina offense this past year. He is disciplined and a playmaker. He needs to polish his route running and technique. His big plus is that he can step in to be a kick returner.

He's a slot receiver able to use his speed and special teams potential as a selling point.

pbmax
04-30-2016, 08:57 PM
Woodbuck, you got Grinnage on the squad.

woodbuck27
04-30-2016, 11:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656148/article/2016-nfl-draft-trade-tracker-details-of-all-the-moves

2016 NFL Draft trade tracker: Details of all the moves

NFL.com

Published: April 28, 2016 at 06:31 p.m. Updated: April 30, 2016 at 07:12 p.m.

711 Likes | 35 Comments

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2016, 01:49 AM
This is total nerd stuff, but I thought it would be fun to see how my rankings did compared to CBS, Scott Wright's Draft Countdown, Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, and Bob McGinn. I wanted to focus on the positions where I watched at least three game films of every prospect, where possible (some guys didn't have three games of film for me to watch, so I had to go off highlights). I did this at QB, RB, WR, and TE. I watched quite a few games where draftable OL went up against draftable DL (for example, I watched Ronnie Stanley against Clemson and Ohio State; Jason Spriggs vs. Ohio State and Michigan State) and a few games where draftable WRs went up against draftable CBs (for example, I watched William Jackson vs. Temple and Robby Anderson; Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun vs. TCU). With a 10 day trip to Kenya this month, I didn't have time to concentrate on LBs and safeties much. I did read multiple scouting reports on every player I evaluated and had their testing numbers, but it's not the same as actually being able to watch the film.

What I did is took every player drafted and took the difference between what number they were drafted at for their position vs. where each had the player ranked. The final results:

Me (392), Consensus (441), CBS (442), Mel Kiper (454), Todd McShay (477), Scott Wright (522)

To be fair, McGinn beat me at quite a few positions, but he didn't rank enough WRs for me to include him in this sample. Across all of the positions that McGinn ranked enough players (all but WR and CB) the final rankings were:

Consensus (500), Bob McGinn (504), me (529), CBS (542), Scott Wright (547), Mel Kiper (571), Todd McShay (586)

Taking McGinn out, across all positions the final results were:

Consensus (992), me (997), Mel Kiper (1064), CBS (1074), Scott Wright (1086), Todd McShay (1113)

I had it won until I got to CB, but I did terrible with my CB rankings. Maurice Canady and Kalan Reed were two guys I liked, but they got drafted late and it ruined my score. Wish I could have gotten to all of the positions because it would have been fun to see how this shook out.

At each position:

QB: Consensus (28), Bob McGinn (30), me (35), Mel Kiper (37), CBS (38), Scott Wright (39), Todd McShay (41)
RB: Bob McGinn (63), me (70), CBS (72), Mel Kiper (74), Consensus (74), Todd McShay (74), Scott Wright (87)
WR: Me (253), CBS (295), Mel Kiper (299), Consensus (306), Todd McShay (322), Scott Wright (358)
TE: Bob McGinn (28), Consensus (33), me (34), CBS (37), Scott Wright (38), Todd McShay (40), Mel Kiper (44)
OL: Bob McGinn (97), Consensus (97), Scott Wright (104), me (107), Mel Kiper (107), CBS (108), Todd McShay (120)
DL: Scott Wright (70), Consensus (77), me (86), Todd McShay (87), CBS (94), Bob McGinn (97), Mel Kiper (97)
LB: Bob McGinn (134), Consensus (135), CBS (140), Todd McShay (140), me (145), Mel Kiper (146), Scott Wright (147)
CB: Scott Wright (181), Consensus (186), Mel Kiper (194), Todd McShay (205), me (215), CBS (237) -- no Bob McGinn, this killed me and there were a lot of points to be had here
S: Me (52), CBS (53), Consensus (56), Bob McGinn (56), Scott Wright (62), Mel Kiper (66), Todd McShay (84)

ThunderDan
05-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Thanks Harv, but you need a hobby to get you out of the house.:glug:

mraynrand
05-01-2016, 07:36 AM
With a 10 day trip to Kenya this month, ...

You teach any advanced competitive game theory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiYbIyOYCG0

woodbuck27
05-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Mike McCarthy recaps Green Bay Packers draft

Brian Jones - Apr 30, 5:41 PM

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Mike-McCarthy-recaps-Green-Bay-Packers-draft--45109383

" ...Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was available to the media as soon as the 2016 NFL Draft was done, and one of the things that stood out for him was the additions of two offensive tackles Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy.

“There's a desire to get bigger,” McCarthy said via Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “We've accomplished that. I look at the draft board like a game plan - you need to stick to it. Stay true to the board - but you can never have enough big men. It's a big man's game. Challenges during the season, you have to make sure you take care of things up front.” .."

Click on the LINK for more.

Fritz
05-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Mike McCarthy recaps Green Bay Packers draft

Brian Jones - Apr 30, 5:41 PM

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Mike-McCarthy-recaps-Green-Bay-Packers-draft--45109383

" ...Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was available to the media as soon as the 2016 NFL Draft was done, and one of the things that stood out for him was the additions of two offensive tackles Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy.

“There's a desire to get bigger,” McCarthy said via Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “We've accomplished that. I look at the draft board like a game plan - you need to stick to it. Stay true to the board - but you can never have enough big men. It's a big man's game. Challenges during the season, you have to make sure you take care of things up front.” .."

Click on the LINK for more.

Is he in the market for a penis pump?

pbmax
05-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Andrew Luck ‏@FauxAndyLuck 58m58 minutes ago

Beth,

There was a draft. President Grigson added many large infantrymen, but my kidneys still ache.

Your obedient servant,
Andrew

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChdivSFUoAAKdpO.jpg:large

pbmax
05-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Trouble by the oxford comma and possibly with math.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 2h2 hours ago
Letting Hayward go, not signing Mike Neal and keeping Nick Perry is just one of the reason this team will never sniff a Super Bowl under TT

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Though I'd look back and throw out what the draft would have looked like for the Packers if I were running it. I tried to exclude hindsight as much as I could.

Round 1 (27) - DT Vernon Butler, Louisiana Tech (went #31). I had Jarran Reed, Vernon Butler, and Kenny Clark ranked similarly, but for what I thought the Packers needed I would have gone with Butler.
Round 2 (48) - OT Jason Spriggs, Indiana (48). He was the top player on my board, and I did have an end of round 1 value on him, so I would have endorsed the trade up.
Round 3 (88) - ILB Joshua Perry, Ohio State (102)
Round 4 (131) - RB Devontae Booker, Utah (136)
Round 4 (137) - OG Connor McGovern, Missouri (144)
Round 5 (163) - TE Jerrell Adams, South Carolina (184)
Round 6 (200) - CB Maurice Canady, Virginia (209)

Freak Out
05-02-2016, 10:54 PM
I'd be good with that. Really like Booker.

wist43
05-03-2016, 12:27 AM
I've been hemming and hawing on this draft... don't know what to think of it. Guess I'll give it a C b/c I'm not much committed either way.

The best pick is Spriggs... he's not strong enough now, but I think a year or two in an NFL training program and he'll be fine. He's got great feet, and pretty good hands. He as to solve that inside counter move - he'll need a lot of coaching to get over that.

I think Martinez has a chance to be our nickel and dime ILB... not b/c he's a super athlete and can get sideline to sideline, but b/c he's got a high football IQ, and very good instincts. Combine that with okay speed, certainly not great, but okay, and I think he'll be a big improvement over Ryan and Barrington - neither of whom should be on the field in subpackages.

I like Davis and Murphy as projects. Murphy will definitely make the roster... not sure about Davis with the numbers game, but he has speed and that is something we desperately need.

Have no idea what to do with Lowry and Fackrell. Lowry can be a rotation guy at DE; and I don't think Fackrell is going to make anyone forget about Peppers when he leaves after next season.

Don't think Clark has enough athleticism to have any impact on passing downs - unless it's just cleaning up with garbage sacks when the QB is forced to step up. He should be okay against the run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This draft doesn't do much to help us this year, except that Spriggs will probably be the first one off the bench when an OL goes down, and Martinez will hopefully make the mess at ILB a little less messy. The rest of the guys are developmental guys, rolls players, etc... no impact players.

I doubt we will be the favorite to win the division, we didn't win it last year, and the Vikings definitely had a better offseason than we did. I seriously doubt we'll make a serious push for the SB. Tick-tock.

mraynrand
05-03-2016, 02:11 AM
One of the problems with being a pessimist is that you can never celebrate when you are proven right.

-Thomas Sowell

pbmax
05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Analytics and the Draft: What they think we should know https://statsbylopez.com/2016/05/02/the-nfl-draft-where-we-stand-in-2016/

1. In an efficient market, trading of draft picks would yield similar value. In fact, the team that trades down and gets more picks is more successful. Lesson: don't trade up, trade down.

2. Top picks in the draft are more expensive but yield less ROI. Best spot is end of first, beginning of second. Though new CBA has lessened this.

3. Success in drafting players is not sustained year over year. Meaning its largely luck and guesswork.

4. Sunk cost fallacy makes evaluation of results problematic. Round 1 picks receive much more playing time than other players, regardless of performance. However, some positions (O Line) are tough to measure.