PDA

View Full Version : Derek Sherrod

Patler
04-13-2016, 11:34 PM
All the discussion about past draft successes and failures made me wonder what Derek Sherrod is up to. While I didn't find out what he is doing now, I found some things about him that I never knew or had forgotten:

He graduated in August 2010 (if this is accurate, it was before his final season).
Business degree, focus on financial risk management, insurance and financial planning.
3.54 gpa
He did not redshirt, so graduated in less that 4 years.
He was a Finalist for the NCAA's William V. Campbell Trophy, the "Academic Heisman."

With his academic background, I suspect his rookie contract has set him up for a comfortable life.

Carolina_Packer
04-14-2016, 06:04 AM
It's difficult to evaluate players who get injured and can never make it back fully. Sure, they are on the field, but it's ultimately realized that injury or injuries have robbed the player of their ability to fully display the talent that originally got them drafted high. I don't know if Sherrod would have ever had the foot work to play left tackle, but having to deal with a catastrophic leg break and all that resulted from it was too much.

Same with Justin Harrell. It's hard to make or stay on the team from the trainer's table. It's always unfortunate, but especially so when the player was chosen in the first round. That's a money round, and no fan wants to feel like that was a wasted pick, even if it was wasted because of plain misfortune.

hoosier
04-14-2016, 07:35 AM
Looks like he took up a career in real estate in the City. :-) https://www.renthop.com/managers/derek_sherrod

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Interesting info. The catchy thread title drew me in.

pbmax
04-14-2016, 09:17 AM
I knew he would end up winning. I just had him slotted in the wrong position.

mraynrand
04-14-2016, 09:31 AM
I blame the Kansas City quack.

woodbuck27
04-14-2016, 11:45 AM
His Higher Power had another plan for him.