PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL Chat

motife
09-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Grahm (WI): I think the packers are going to surprise a lot teams this year. What are your thoughts?

Gary Horton: I think with Brett Favre, they will always have a puncher's chance. But I still think this is a team with a lot of holes. I'm really worried about their interior offensive line and their ability to protect Favre and not force him to scramble, which is where all of his interceptions usually come from. I also worry about their depth at WR, their durability at RB and their amount of playmakers on defense. And, I think their kicking game could be a disaster. Right now, they have a new punter and a new place kicker and neither are proven commodities and that's not going to help you win a lot of close games. Other than that, I love the Packers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam (CO): Gary, has Benson attitude hurt him for the season, and now Thomas will start?

Gary Horton: Well, Benson's not the most mature guy in the world and I find it somewhat humorous that he has made statements in the past that he wants to be the franchise back in Chicago when he hasn't shown he has the durability or consistency to be that. I think the Bears are committed to running the football and I beleive that Jones and Benson can share carries to give them excellent production. However, I don't think either back endorses that philosophy and my guess is that this could continue to be a problem because both of these guys have egos. If one is getting the carries and one is not, we may have some sulking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike (NJ): Gary, How bad is Lavar Arrington's knee? Should Giants fan be worried?

Gary Horton: I know he left practice the other day and it's a recurring knee problem. I have talked to people in the league that honestly thought he was damaged goods heading to the Giants and he would not be able to get through a 16-game season. I don't have any updated reports, but I think there's cause for concern if he's that sore this early.

Crusher (Detroit, MI): How do you see the progress of my Lovable Lions with this years new coaching staff? Please say we can finish above .500?

Gary Horton: Do you want me to give the answer you want or what I really think? I do believe the Lions will be dramatically improved, if nothing else because of the discipline that Rod Marinelli will demand. Their offense under Mike Martz should be very consistent and defensively, they're better than a lot of people think. This is a team that won't lose as many winnable games as they have in the past and they will not quit. I expect them to stay in a lot of close games and be very competitive, but the entire league is probably better than it was a year ago. Though, I think Chicago will come back to the pack a little bit. I would say the Lions could possibly be 8-8, especially if the Packers struggle as much as we think they might. I do think that Detroit could be a legitimate playoff team in a year or two under this regime.

Doug (Kansas City): I think Minnesota has a shot to win the NFCN division...can Childress take the Vikings to the playoffs this year?

Gary Horton: Yes I do. I really like this football team and I think they've had maybe the best offseason of any team in the NFL. Their offensive line will be top notch. They have a chance for a very powerful run game and a safe but efficient pass game. Defensively, they have loads of talent and they will really adapt to the Cover 2 defense. But they obviously need to gel. Childress will be a disciplinarian and will keep this team under control and make the tough decisions. I know that Koren Robinson debacle a week ago really eats at him. But the Vikings will move on.

Jerry, PA: Could you list the rookie WRs who you think will have the most sucess?

Matt Williamson: I would have said Chad Jackson a few weeks ago, but he is missing far too much valuable practice time with Brady for my liking. S Holmes will get a chance and has a strong supporting cast, but Greg Jennings in GBay could be the best producer of the group this year. Favre likes him, the Pack will be losing a lot and he doesn't have good players in front of him on the depth chart.

Mike(Sacramento): Al Saunders was interviewed, and he said he was using preseason to test certain players in certain situations, not to go out and score points. Do you think critics are pre-maturely DOWN on the Redskins merely because of the preseason scoreboard?

Jeremy Green: No I don't buy that. mark Brunell played like he was 50-years old in the preseason. Slow to react - slow to deliver the ball. I think the offense will get better - too much talent. I do not by that from Saunders though.

Steve Moscow Idaho: How devastating would an injury on the O-Line be to the Broncos? Do they have any backups that could at least hold the fort down, or would an O-Line injury cause them to miss the playoffs?

Jeremy Green: I think they would be OK. I really like the kid Kuper - actually think he outplayed the other Cooper in the preseason. Denver is no different than any other team - of all the positons in the NFL, it has the worst depth for almost every team.

Jonathan (Birmingham): Is Carson Palmer really ready to start the season?

Jeremy Green: I would say he more than answered that question on Monday Night.

Steve, Bridgeport, CT: What do you think will happen with the Deion Branch "situation"? I don't think the Patriots are as strong without his services so I'm anxious to hear what comes of his holdout. Thanks Steve

Jeremy Green: I think he goes to Seattle. If his agent has any common sense, that is where he would be pusing to get a deal done. New York is the Big Apple, but come on - that is a rebuilding project - he can get a ring potentially with Seattle.

Anthony (NYC): JG I'm a Jets fan & prepared for a long season, which is part of rebuilding. But if the Jets or Seahawks for that matter agreed to deal for Branch, both organizations need their heads examined. He's not a top flight receiever, why are they treating him as such.

Jeremy Green: On another note - I agree with Anthony. I think Branch is a #2 receiver. He would be better off in Seattle - more help. I'm not convinced he can thrive as the only offensive weapon in New York.

Seth Louisville, KY: Why would the Seahawks be intersted in Deion Branch? They have such a large wide out core already it would be throwing away a pick. Don't you think that should be looking at their secondary or O-line than wide out?

Jeremy Green: I agree they are strong at WR, but that is just another piece that can get them over the hump.

Brett (LA): I know Darius Watts had a great opening to the preseason, but is he on his way out of Denver now? It looks like Kircus has that 3rd receiver spot all wrapped up.

Jeremy Green: I am in agreement right now Brett. My source there tells me how much Shanahan loves Branch, but I don't see it. he also told me the coaches are really fighting for Marshall and as you mentioned Kircus.

Joe, Philly. : ESPN frontpage says the Jets have a tentative deal in place for deion branch but no deal to pull the trade off. The Pats are demanding a 1st rounder. Unless I am crazy the Jets first rounder seems likely to be top ten this year, why are they so eager to give it up?

Jeremy Green: Great question. I like Deion Branch - but to give up that type of compensation - are you kidding me. I know it is only preseason but the Pats and Brady seem ready to step up and produce whether he shows up or not.

Chris (New Orleans, LA): Jeremy, Would appreciate your thoughts on the Saints trade of WR Stallworth to the Eagles?

Jeremy Green: Saints got "fleeced" again. Stallworth is finally developing into a solid/consistent receiver and they trade him. The Saints are great at developing players and then losing them. Ask Eagles fans about Simoneau - they traded for him and he never sniffend the stating line-up. The pick is good, but again - what does that have to do with showing your fans you are serious about winning today?

Majeed: JG, You work for ESPN and you're an expert just like those other guys. How come they don't have your predictions there?

Jeremy Green: Just for you Brian... We took a Scouts consensus - I thought you would see that since our MVP was Manning - I was against that if you couldn't tell.

Justin (Los Angeles, CA): I'm lookin at all the expert picks on ESPN and not one has the Broncos winning the Superbowl. Is it really that farfetched of an idea? They were one game away last season (I think they would have handled Seattle) and they've even made major improvements in the offseason with Javon Walker and Kenard Leng. I think this is the year. What's your view?

Jeremy Green: I agree Justin I think they are a contender. The reason nobody is going to go out on that limb is becasue at least in my view the last haunting image I have is "Make no mistake Jake" turning back into "Jake the Snake" in the AFC Championship game.

Matt (Grand Rapids): Jeremy, it looks like Charles Rogers is going to get cut. Marinelli said he would get a long look in the final preseason game, but he only played one series. Did they have their minds made up before the game and it was all just lip service. How can he preach accountability and all that then say one thing and do another and have the players buy what he is selling?

Jeremy Green: I don't know all the circumstances with that. I do know he missed the previous two games with a knee issue. Before I say that abot Maranelli I would ask was Rogers healthy? If he was going half speed (which he does healthy or injured) then I have no problem with him sitting the guy down.

Jimmy (Phoenix, AZ): With the addition of edgerrian james and all those young talented receivers and a pretty good defense, Do you think the cardinals can finally make the playoffs?

Jeremy Green: Today I would say no, becasue I have still yet to see anyone on that offensive line come off the ball and hit anyone. If I can see that in the first few weeks - I will drink the juice. Like you - I agree that the rest of the pieces are in place.

Kim Deal (Bako, CA): Is Billy Volek a good bet for the Raiders? Joyner thought his deep ball metrics fit the Silver and Black very well, that is, they are very good.

Jeremy Green: Ithink he is a better bet in Cleveland or San Diego - two teams that desparetly need help at the backup QB spot. Oakland does nit make as much sense if Walter is healthy - he has proven he can be a #2 and he is still developing.

Travis(WI): Why is everyone making a big fuss about Greg Jones injury? Fred Taylor is a just below probowl caliber back and there are plenty of high draft picks still behind him.

Jeremy Green: Well I think the biggest reason is that people think that Taylor will get hurt. Like you I like the depth though - Toefield, Pearman and Drew - real solid dpeth, so I think they will weather the injury.

chauncey (teaneck): what you don't like Ken Dorsey?

Jeremy Green: I like his leadership ability, I think he is smart. I am not vry excited about his arm strength - especially in Browns stadium.

Jamal (Wisconsin): David Boston looked good last night. Seems like the Bucs are killer at WR. They say they will lean on Cadillac, but with Gruden being high on Simms could the Bucs pass more than expected this season?

Jeremy Green: I think that is a strong possibility. Gruden like most West Coast guys loves to throw the ball around the yard. Keep in mind too - he knows better than anyone that he wore the Caddy out early last year - I think they wil throw the ball a lot more this season.

Chuck (Hershey, PA): Does Lienhar get the nod sometime this year?

Jeremy Green: Well right now he has a shoulder issue. OI think if he is healthy yes because it would be a serious stretch to say that Warner remains healthy. Warner has been sharp too i nthe preseason - I don' tthink we see Leinart unless there is an injury to Warner.

Michael CT: love the chats jeremy. Is there a chance now with the extra pick the saints get donnie edwards or does it seem like that it is a dead deal? please answer!!

Jeremy Green: Ithink that trade is dead. That would be very disruptive for the Chargers to make that deal at this point.

Butch (bristol,ct): Your thoughts on the redskins preseason play.

Jeremy Green: Very poor on both sides of the ball. Brunell has been awful, the run game is no existent and the defense can't stop the run in the pass. By the way - I still think they get it together and make the playoffs.

Bob, Atl Ga: MR. Jeremy "DA TRUF" Green - settle this BET btwn me and my iggles buddy! who is the more talented WR - Stallworth or Lelie? and who would you rather have?

Jeremy Green: I would take Stallworth - Lelie is pretty soft - hates going over the middle. He is a vertical threat only but he does not win enough down field becasue he gets out-muscled for the ball. Lelie is on the down swing - Stallwworth is on the up swing based on last years views.

Patrick (St Paul): hey jeremy. the vikings SHOULD have a good running game, particularily to the left, but have struggled in the preseason. is this concerning or is it just an o-line needing time to jell?

Jeremy Green: I really like their O-line. i think it is just new guys trying to fit in together. If Childress stays comitted to the run I think their run game will be in the top 10 in the NFL.

Bob (Baton Rouge): Jeremy, Do you play FF?

Jeremy Green: two leagues.

Andrew (WI): As a 49ers fan, I would like to know why you were so hard on Antonio Bryant last week. From all accounts, he has really stepped up his off-the-field practice habits and has really gotten off well with Alex Smith.

Jeremy Green: Because I was with him in Cleveland - saw him every day. Antonio is greeat when things are going his way - when they aren't watch out. Right now all is good - just miss him open a few times - you will see - the arms will be flailing and he will be throwing a fit.

Staci (Los Angeles, CA): Thanks for answering my question. What are the chances that the Cardinals defensive line (and the rest of the D) will be able to stop Shaun Alexander and the Seahawk offense? Of even slow them down? Thanks again!

Jeremy Green: Hi Staci. Defensive Coordinator Clancy Pendergast has used a very good scheme aganst Seattle. He has had Haseelbacks's # and they have been in psotion to make plays on Laexander but poor tackling has been an issue. I don't think they can stop him - I think they contain him - two many other weapons for Seattle though.

Ben (Denver): You brought up an interesting point, Childress needs to stay committed to the run. But, he comes from Philly and Andy Reid's sytem where they never stayed committed to the run. That doesn't bode well for Chester Taylor, right?

Jeremy Green: Great catch Ben.... that is the point I as tyring to make.

Lisa Ray, Austin TX: Hi Jeremy, please help! I'm the only girl in my fantasy league and I need to choose a QB to back up Kurt Warner. Would you rather have Simms, Leftwich, Kitna, or McNair? Thanks a ton sweetie!

Jeremy Green: Hey Lisa. I would take Simms. Jacksonville's offense is so conservative, Kitna might not start the entire season and McNiar looks real old right now. I look for Gruden to open up the offense this season with Simms who has looked sharp.

Brian (Dover): JG - Why do the Steelers get no love? Some even have them missing the playoffs. They return virtually everyone, are young and hungry. In my book, they're the champs until someone can knock them off.

Jeremy Green: Miss the playoffs? Wow, I woul not say that. I actually have them 2nd in my power rankings. I think Big Ben is going to be ven better I also think they open it up a little more than years past. I like Parker , the defense will be stotu - I have no real issues with them.

Randy (Big Timber): Childress might stay committed to the run, because his WR are weak. Do they pick up a WR? Not much out there in this stage of the game.

Jeremy Green: I talked with someone at the Vikes this morning and they told me Pinkston was in taking a physical in MPLS. I think they will add him - he knows the system.

will dallas,tx: so what do you think espn crew will say if the niners win more than what everyone expected like 8-8 or better??do you think espn crews will jump on bandwagon?

Jeremy Green: No not really. No bandwagon to jump on. They had a real nice off-season - I loved theri draft - I sitll think they are two years away (If the QB plays better).

Ephraim R. (Maple Shade, NJ): So Vince Young gets the start today, they sign Kerry Collins...is is safe to assume VY is the starting QB of the Titans now?

Jeremy Green: Not if Kerry Collins can get up to speed. I talked with someone in Tennesee that told me they would like to go to Young at some point but they were hoping they did not have to start the season with him.

Matt,MPLS : So, do you view Volek as merely a backup, and not a starter?

Jeremy Green: I think he is like 4-11 as a starting QB in the NFL... yeah I would agree with that statement. I do think he is an excellent #2 - a guy that can come in and play well over a few weeks - I just don't ever see him being "the guy."

Paul (Winston Salem): I have Plummer and Rivers on my fantasy team. Should I quit now??

Jeremy Green: Nah hang in there... it could be worse... my QB's in one league are Vick and Favre.

antonio, orlando: I have had the pleasure of meeting Cam Cameron and he advised me Cleo Lemon is very good and he just needs a shot @ playing. What are the chances he surplants harrington as #2?

Jeremy Green: i think there is a solid shot - he has out-played him. Lemon has a ton of talent and I know all the San Diego Chagers coaches were pissed when AJ Smith dealth him.

josh - philly: How do you think the eagles front line of kearse, howard, bunkley and patterson stack up compared to the rest of the NFL?

Jeremy Green: Very solid if Kearse and Howard can still get it done. The Howard siging worries me a little - vet DE that is towards the end and Kearse has not been the true "freak" since he was in Tennessee.

Jeremy Green: Hold on I having breaking news on the cel phone.

Jeremy Green: OK. I am hearing that the Pats have turned down both trade offers and that Deion branch and his represenatives are filing a grievance against the Pats for not doing a deal... this is going to get real ugly.

Dan (CT): Is this a shameless plug for ESPN's cell phone they've been pushing on us all?

Jeremy Green: Heck no.. .they still haven't even sent me one.

Majeed: Branch and agent file grievance against the Pats. Great news for DolFans!

tom (la): Pop Quiz Hot Shot, who is #92 on the Arizona Cardinals?

Jeremy Green: Let's see.... Matt Leinart? get outta here.

Nicole (Tuscon): HELP HELP HELP. My husband needed someone to round out his fantasy league for some reason I agreed. Ive never played before. Im playing him week one and I really wanna beat him. Which 2 should I start this week? Edgerrin James.Stephen Jackson. Corey Dillon. Deshaun Foster

Jeremy Green: A minute ago you were Katie from Miami... come on.

Joe (Syracuse): Jeremy Does Stephen Davis have anything left and why didn't St. Louis wait 2 days to see what tailbacks get cut over the weekend?

Jeremy Green: I know Linehan likes to use a power run game. Davis "was" that type of back. I think they shoud have checked the wire first. Secondly if they waited until after Tuesday he would not be fully guaranteeed. Right now if they keep him - they own him - injuries and all.

Jason, Washington DC: ESPN is reporting that Branch filed a grievance against the Pats for breaking "a promise" that they would trade him for a reasonable offer. What is your take on this? Do grievances like that ever work? What happens if he wins (or loses) such a grievance? And when did he decide he was Terrell Owens?

Jeremy Green: No I don' think it will work, because who is to say what is reasonable. The Pats want a 1 - I think he is worth a 2 at most. Everyone has a different point of view. The reason he is filing the griveance is to let them kno he is pissed and won't play fro them. Essentially he is trying to piss them off even more so they will deal him.

Curtis (SLC, UT): What are your thoughts on Andre Johnson finally having a breakout year?

Jeremy Green: I think this is it. He finally has some help on the other side with Moulds. Carr will be better under Kubiak. I think now it is just a matter of staying healthy - I think he breaks out this year.

Brooke(L.A.): Are you single?

Jeremy Green: I don't know - sned me your picture. N kidding I am married with two kids. Sports Nation always loves to tell me how whipped I am.

Jeremy Green: But that's OK becasue I am here until 6:00 tonight.

Matt (Nashville): Will Keith Bullock finally get some help this year?

Jeremy Green: Yes I love the LB group in Tennessee - it is the best thing they have going. Sirmon is back and I am a big David Thornton fan - in a lot of ways he reminds me of Marcus Washington who turned out to be a beast when he got to Washington.

Matt - Lincoln, NE: With most of the sports world ignoring the Chicago Bears this year, what are your thoughts? Do you think they have a chance to repeat as division champs and make it to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl?

Jeremy Green: Ignored might be harsh. I think most people think they will win the North. It is hard to excited about a team that did nothing to upgrade a ver yaverage offense. Bears fans told me Grossman would be the savior i nthe playoffs last year - he has been marginal in the preseason. I think they win the North and bow out early - I don't se enlough offensive firepower.

Mike (San Diego): JG, why no love? A lot of people are saying the Colts will hoist the trophy. Personally, I like seeing the frustrated Manning face. Your thoughts?

Jeremy Green: That is harsh Mike. It is a pained look though isn't it? Not sure why so many people are picking them. They could not get it done last season and they had more talent? No Edge, lost Thornotn, Triplett, didn't add a #1 DC, Kicker has a broken bone in his foot. I don't see it.

Brian NY: The final standings in the NFC East will be...

Jeremy Green: Dallas, New York, Washington and Philly.

Adam (Atlanta): Jeremy, My boss just left for DRAGONCON dressed as a wizard and now I can chat. Do you buy into preseason hype/controversy? For example...the Bears' Qbs, Redskins woes, T.O....

Jeremy Green: I am afraid to ask about your boss. Some hype I buy into and others I don't. Depends on the team and circumstances. The Bears QB's I don't buy into because they are not holding back p they are tyring to open up the offense and can't - smae goes for the Skins. If the Colts wnet 0-4 in the preseason I would not care - that is the norm. The Raiders are 4-1 in the preseason - I still think they will win 6 games. It depends on the situation.

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY): How do you see Buffalo's season going? What's there record?

Jeremy Green: Hi Katelyn. I will say 6-10, which is a little higher than I would have projected a few weks ago. I like what I have seen from Losman and it is good to see Spikes back to his old self. One thing in underestimated is Jauron - he does know defense and I think that will keep them in more games this season.

josh g - chester, va: JG, we have the same initials... Can ATL stop the run w/ the additions in freeagency now to allow them to win their division?

Jeremy Green: Well, I don't like the fact that Hartwell is hurt again. If Jackson is healthy he will help. Milloy definitely helps - they need to get Hartwell back ASAP though.

Chris, CT: How come you can let your chats run overtime, but others can't? Not complaining!

Jeremy Green: It's in my contract - I can chat as long as I want. No kidding. Don't know if they can't. never had an E-mail telling me to get off the computer - I can talk ball all day.

Matt ( h-burg, Pa): Can Willie Parker be a stud back for the steelers for a whole year?

Jeremy Green: Yes. Not sure where the perception came from that he can't carry the load because the guy runs hard and he plays big. Don't see any reason he can't tote it 25+ times a game effectviely.

Jay (Sayreville, NJ): Jeremy...As an avid Giants Fan, i'm interested to know why everyone is so impressed with the Cowboys??? JJ is overrated, Bledsoe is Old, and T.O. is a cancer to any team. Parcells and Glenn are the best things they got goin for them and that doesn't impress me at all. Your thoughts?

Jeremy Green: For me it has nothing to do wit hwhat you mentioned although I think TO is solid when he plays and Bledsoe is solid with time. For me it get back to how Parcells has won in the past - a stable of three very good RB's and a stout defense.

Richard (Music City): Would a Billy Volek for Donnie Edwards trade make since for both teams, Sirmon can't do it anymore and the Chargers need a backup QB.

Jeremy Green: If Tennessee can pull it off I would do it. I would trade Volek for just about anything at this point. Never seen a guy that has been that average whine about a team creating a little competition at the position. I mean this is Billy Volek - not Tom Brady.

Mike (San Diego): JG...our initials are the exact opposite! I see you keep ranking the Eagles last on your NFC East list. Why? Is this being done just to frustrate me? You gotta know that they're better than those other 3 teams.

Jeremy Green: Because I can taste that Steak Dinner.

Kevin (Hawthorne, NJ): Is this the year that Michael Vick can become one of the "elite" QBs? If not, should the Falcons go in another direction next year? Thanks for the great chat.

Jeremy Green: I think financially they ar too committed at this point. You know Kevin, I don't even think he has to be elite. I would settle for more consistent at this point. Now can he do that - I don't think so. If they want to change the O to suit him - then he can get better. Until then - he is just average as a passer.

Jam (Camden, DE): Jeremy who are your RBs in Fantasy Football?

Jeremy Green: Barber, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell and Michael Turner - yeah my team is not very good - stop reminding me.

Charlie (DC): Youre the only person Ive seen who hasnt had the Skins in the top 2 in the NFC East. Explain yourself.

Jeremy Green: I watched four preseason games and I have seen nothing that would make me beleive the Skins are ready to start the season... how was that for short and sweet.

Majeed: That steak dinner will the best meal of my entire lifetime!

brett (LA): Am I crazy or is the sky the limit for Cutler? I was a little skeptical when they drafted him, but wow. He has the tools. All hail Shanahan!

Jeremy Green: I agree. He looks awesome - doing it with the 2's and 3's too. Anything less than a Super Bowl from Plummer and this is his show next year/. Not saying that its right, but I think that is the way it will be.

Sean (Philly): What is the steak dinner bet? Eagles finish last? Eagles finish first? Eagles miss the playoffs?

Jeremy Green: Miami with a better record than Mikes Iggles.

Mad Mike (Houston): JG: Whew, just got out of meeting thought I was going to miss the chat. For one, Mike in San Diego...Eagles lose week 1 to the Texas...Go Texans. JG, do you think the Texans can win 7 games this season? That is what I pegged them for. Their players were not as bad as 2-14 last year and they have made great strides this off-season and pre-season your thoughts. Thanks, MM

Jeremy Green: Hey Mad Mike. I have them at 6 right now. If I had to swing off that number I would go up. I really like what Kubiak has going right now. I don't like the fact that Davis will likely miss the season though. Nonetheless he has proven in Denver that with this scheme he can make the back better - that bodes well for Lundy. I think Carr will be better. I like the defense and it's not because of Mario - it is because of this DeMaceo Ryans kid - he has been the best LB I have seen in the preseason.

Matthew (Hollywood, FL): Jeremy, After today's news of Dolphins RB Morris being suspended for 4 games, as a former NFL scout and director of pro personnel are there any attractive RBs out there that might raise an eyebrow to back up Ronnie Brown?

Jeremy Green: I had a call from someone down there today and they were asking me about Lee Suggs in Cleveland. I think they are looking for a guy with experience. I think Sugges will be released and I see Miami making a play for him.

Montana: Dallas has a stable of 3 very good running backs? When did the Cowboys join the CFL?

Jeremy Green: I don't get it?

Matt L. (Denver): Great chat! What are your thoughts on Denver's rookie TE, Scheffler? I think they got a potentially good-great one. Thanks.

Jeremy Green: I love him. They just keep finding guys at that posiiton. Solid hands and he can run - saw him stretch the middle of the field a few weeks ago and the Safeties looked shocked in terms of his ability to stetch the field. He is going to be another very good one in that system.

chauncey (teaneck): i think he' saying the rb's will only be good in the CFL?

Jeremy Green: OK thanks. I guess I can answer now. You look at their backs. Jones gives them a speed threat - Barber can bang it betwen the tackles and Thomspon gives you a little of both. No real superstar, but I think they all compliment each other well.

Brad(Anchorage AK): Love the chats, but i love that you stay late for us freaks even more. Please tell me the Steelers will draft a RBin the first round next year. it kills me that we passed on White for a wife beater.

Jeremy Green: Not a lot of big bangers next year at the bottom of that first round. Could be looking at maybe a Darby from Alabama, Irons from Auburn - those guys could be gone though - depends on how the draft falls - we are a long ways from that point.

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY): Thanks for the extended chat JG. Which teams are most likely to go out an get Brady Quinn next season?

Jeremy Green: the 49ers and Jets will likely be in position. The jets like Clemmens, if Smith struggles again the 49ers would have to weight their options. I see a potential trade though - he is that good - a team like New Orleans, Houston, Kansas City - a team that would be willing to trade up.

Ben (Denver): Michael Bush from Louisville will still be there for the Steelers at the end of the 1st round.

Jeremy Green: Not a chance!!!!

Omer (Plainsboro, NJ): Hey Jeremy. Love the Chat. Can the Bears, with their dominant defense and mediocre offense, do waht the ravens did 4 years ago? I don't see Rex Grossman that worse of a quarterback as trent dilfer.

Jeremy Green: Biggest difference is that Dilfer did not turn the ball over and I think Grossman will. Secondly the run games are not close. Lewis was a stud - the Bears don't even know whoe their starter is. That could get them to using a RB by comittee approach which I hate becasue nobody ever gets in a groove.

Montana: Thanks Matt in Denver. I had no intention of being blunt and saying straight up that their trio sucked, but Dallas has had some combination of Julius Jones and players x and y for the past two seasons, yet they haven't had a quality running game since Parcells took over. JG, what has changed to make you think Dallas has remedied this consistent problem?

Jeremy Green: I agree... no stud - just three good RB's. They have nice depth and I think each guy brings a little something different.

jason (idaho): How come Denver defense isn't rated high? Linebackers=Great Defensive backs=good Line=ok. Wheres the love?

Jeremy Green: I peronsally think they will be in the top 7. I agree -LB's are outstanding. The Corner spot will be better than good because Williams and Foxworth have another year of experience to gol along with Champ. No studs on the D-line - but they have great depth. I agree with you Jason.

Joe (AZ via Chicago): JG, you have been adament about the limitations of Vick as a QB. IF (big IF) the Falcons moved him, what could they possibly expect in return? (2 #1's, more, less?)

Jeremy Green: Way less - I don't even think they could get one first round pick. You talke to people in the NFL and they all say the same thing - great athlete - average QB.

John (KS): Jeremy, you were just saying you hated RB by committee, and now you're saying you like the Dallas RBs b/c they bring something to the table? Woud you rather play 1 of them or all 3?

Jeremy Green: Let me clrify. I don't like it. In the Cowboys case they have no choice. The Bears have a choise they just won't do the right thing... give the ball to Thomas Jones and away they go.

Travis (Canada): Your thoughts on the recent report that shows that several Panthers were on roids during their Superbowl run?

Jeremy Green: I think they should take their NFC Championship trophy, put it in some bubble wrap and ship it back to the league office.

Robert (DC): How can Andre Johnson have a breakout season if he's already been to a Pro Bowl?

Jeremy Green: I think he meant more of a bounce back season.

Joe (AZ via Chicago): JG, off the subject question... Dye or Jeter for MVP?

Jeremy Green: Big Papi.

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY): Is Buffalo a good QB away from competing in the AFC East or is there more to their weakness?

Jeremy Green: Solid QB play an some tweaks to both the offensive and defnesive lines. I actually like Schobel and Kelsay in terms of their AA and quickness, but they are so small - 270 range - that makes oit tough to stop the run.

bob (oakland): explain why Jeff George?

Jeremy Green: Just a look. Why not? I know it seems odd, but hey it is not costing them a thing. George hs been looking for a tryout he past few years - A lgave him one. It can't hurt

Majeed: JG, Canes or Noles Monday?

Jeremy Green: Noles - Miami left a bad taste in my mouth with that bad loss to LSU.

Travis (Canada): Green, end it now before the wife makes you sleep on the couch for this last long weekend of summer!

Jeremy Green: good point - I'm out of here.

Fred (Dallas,TX): JG, What are you up to this Labor Day weekend? Catching a buzz cuz?

Jeremy Green: I'm thinking about 3 rounds of gold and... yeah that too.

Bob (Cleveland): Fill in the blanks for this season: Superbowl Champs_____;NFC Rookie of the Year_____;AFC Rookie of the Year_____;NFC MVP_____;AFC MVP_____;Comeback Player of the Year_____. Thanks!

Jeremy Green: Check out my 1st and 15 PodCast today.. I gave out all my award predictions.