PDA

View Full Version : ACDC??? WTF!!!!

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2016, 08:29 AM
So I don't know how many of you are fans of ACDC, but the current situation is that Brian Johnson is out as lead singer for the remaining tour dates of the "Rock or Bust" tour. Johnson has been the iconic voice of ACDC for the last 30 plus years but apparently he is suffering some hearing loss and the Doctors have warned him that if he continues to tour he could permanently lose his hearing. Angus Young the owner and lead guitar of ACDC decided that he is going to replace Brian with none other than AXEL fucking ROSE.

Rose is a train wreck of a human being that cares about Rose more than any other person or thing alive. ACDC is band that is only about the music and the show and has never been about one singular personality. Also Rose isn't the same Axel Rose from the late 80's or early 90's that had the best vocals in rock music. He is a shell of himself, at least when it comes to signing ACDC's music. It takes a special, special voice to go hard with the riffs of Angus.

Brian Johnson is damn near 70 years old, I honestly don't know how he does it. I saw them last September at Wrigley Field and he killed it. According to his people he has had a second opinion on his hearing situation and they feel the first diagnoses was a bit over the top and that he is willing to work through it. Angus wants to keep the band together past this tour and wants to get a younger front man in the works. It most likely won't be Rose.

As for this guy When Johnson is no longer a part of the band, there is no more ACDC.

Horrible Coachella

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLYzQNu4Lg

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2016, 08:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em4qI6z500g
Johnson, one years ago. You can't beat that voice!

mraynrand
04-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Wasn't Sammy Hagar available?

Zool
04-18-2016, 01:28 PM
I actually can't stand Johnson's voice. Everything after Bon Scott makes me want to punch the entire band in the face. I would honestly rather hear Axl sing.

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2016, 01:29 PM
You and Woody should go fuck each other.

Zool
04-18-2016, 01:30 PM

Let me know when you're done with him. And please wash him up this time.

woodbuck27
04-18-2016, 07:59 PM

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/family-guy-memes-4.jpg

Deputy!? May I help you overcome your too obvious sick obsession. I'm rather concerned. YOU CAN....DO IT !

woodbuck27
04-18-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm a huge AC/DC fan. I have most of their material including DVD's. I love and know AC/DC. I lived with AC/DC's Command Performance Album Back In Black" playing Poker Nights @ University. Poker and AC/DC.....Now that's literally ROCKIN' On ! “You Shook Me All Night Long,” “Back in Black” and “Hells Bells”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJkjVMk_oE

The early stuff with lead singer Bon Scott is classic ROCK. After Bon Scott's death due to alcohol poisoning the Young brothers (Angus and Malcolm) almost folded the band.

Instead, they elected to go forward and brought in as lead vocalist the hard rocking 'raspy' and IMO aggressive voice of Brian Johnson. The revamped AC/DV first album with Johnson was Back in Black in 1980, the second best-selling album of all-time. That's impressive when realizing that NO. 1 All Time is Michael Jackson's epic Thriller.

After the huge success of Back In Black (by the way BAC IN BLACK is in my personal view of ROCK the absolute greatest Rock Album of ALL TIME...an amazing work. That album was a tribute album to the memory of Bon Scott)

After Back in Black....the bands original Rock Punch went into a decline. From the place I listen to ROCK... Brian Johnson generally fails to deliver compared to earlier efforts by the bands lead vocalist. His voice has little range....it's too rough for my taste.

The band fails to deliver deliver on the promise of more after Back In Black. I do like the single Thunderstruck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

This is decent as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPmA3USJdI&ebc=ANyPxKohx0EZ5Q0i-9GQqdBluNq8IV4ihhbk30LHJlZY3kvIxRWd3x760K91QlVjQwn MYm0AB5pxNiXbZ2wvORyXbeGVZvYv1A

If you desire some AC/DC in your Rock music library. It stops after the release in 1980 of Back In Black.

If you desire just one AC/DC album. It's obviously got to be BACK IN BLACK.

If you desire more....I recommend that you purchase any of the Australian Originals:

** High Voltage (1975)

**T.N.T. (1975)

** Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)

** Let There Be Rock (1977)

** Powerage (1978)

SkinBasket
04-19-2016, 08:08 AM
They should have used that guy from Skid Row.

Deputy Nutz
04-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Sebastian Bach. I did mention his name to a colleague of mine, but I believe I was joking at the time.

pbmax
04-19-2016, 10:22 AM
The lesson? Sometimes you have to let go of bands early. And always carry an extra guitar strap just in case (3:10 in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIW19s_lGro

Deputy Nutz
04-19-2016, 10:31 AM
If you desire some AC/DC in your Rock music library. It stops after the release in 1980 of Back In Black.

If you desire just one AC/DC album. It's obviously got to be BACK IN BLACK.

If you desire more....I recommend that you purchase any of the Australian Originals:

** High Voltage (1975)

**T.N.T. (1975)

** Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)

** Let There Be Rock (1977)

** Powerage (1978)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You are old and stupid, so I will forgive you a bit. Everything you mentioned is good, well because it is ACDC. The band seems to struggle a bit putting together a complete record. They have some strong hits, but very rarely are you blown away by the entire album. What is great about ACDC is that they have been around for 40 years and they have enough of those hits to continue to entertain and blown the doors off of any concert venue. Also, their hits are worth the price of the entire record and if you have an open mind their other tracks will grow on you. There are exceptions of course, like Flick of the Switch, Back in Black, Ball Breaker, and Blow Up your Video.

Razor's Edge came out in 1990 and that was damn fine album because the Youngs decided to go with Bruce Fairbairn as the producer. There was much more polish to this album which some disliked. This album does mark the end of Brian Johnson writing the vocals for ACDC. We all recognize "Thunderstruck", also "Are you Ready", and "Money Talks", but the title track is pretty fucking awesome as well regardless if they never released it. Fire your Guns, Mistress for Christmas, and Got you by the Balls are all really good tracks. Mistress for Christmas is actually a song inspired by Donald Trump!

Then in 1995 my personal favorite "Ball Breaker" was released. That is a Rick Rubin produce Album. It took a long time to make because Rubin is a perfectionist and the band refused to work with him again, but when you listen to it you can tell why Rubin is one of the best in the bizz. Rubin took full advantage of Brian Johnson's voice. I do believe Ball Breaker is one of the bands most underrated Albums because ACDC is fucking Rock n Roll and in 1995 the whole grunge/garage band sound was taking over. This is an album that I can listen to from the first cut to the last cut. The band and Rubin did a fantastic job, You know it is ACDC, but they have a different sound that I can't quite put my finger on. I think Rubin decided to showcase guttural Brian's vocals.

I don't know how you can forget 1981's "For Those About to Rock We Salute You". I mean just for the title track alone. Some decent tracks on this album. Everything seems in unison for the band's second album. This a good album and worth the money for any ACDC fan, but commercially they got the one title track hit. Overall good tracks, Evil Walks, Night of the Long knives, C.O.D, Let's Get Up, Snowballed.

1985 "Fly on the Wall", Angus and Malcolm decided to produce this one themselves and to be honest it was a steaming pile, it just doesn't sound good. They broke away from Mutt before Flick the Switch and that album was produced by the entire band. That Album was darn near great, this one, not so much. I can't really get into any particular track. the lyrics are ok but seem very muted. Folks like "Sink the Pink", and "Shake the Foundation", personally I don't ever have to listen to them again.

1988's "Blow Up Your Video", dubbed as their comeback back Album. This Album just sounds better although there were no huge monster hits from this album. Their most notable song is "Heatseeker". Which is a damn good song but didn't really have a lot of commercial appeal. I have to say that this is an album you can listen to straight through and enjoy the whole album. With tracks like Kissing Dynamite, That's the Way I wanna Rock n Roll, Some Sin for nothin. Overall this was their best overall album since Back in Black.

1983's "Flick the Switch" is damn good but not great. There is no monster hit on this Album but there are some good tracks, Badlands, Brain Shake, This House is on Fire, Bedlam in Belgium, Guns for hire. This is as of a complete album as your are going to get from ACDC. If they had one big hit on this album this would be considered one of their all time greats. I suggest to any ACDC fan to go back and listen to this entire album because it is really really good.

I think 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip" was a below average album for ACDC. I just wasn't a fan. Ranks as one of their worst

2008's "Black Ice" was a shit title for the Album, but there is several really good tracks. "Runaway Train" is a fantastic tune, Big Jack i, Money Made, Black Ice are all ok tracks . Better than Stiff Upper Lip, but not great.

2015's "Rock or Bust" is an above average album for ACDC and the first one with out Malcom Young who is now suffering from dementia. This album is ok, certainly not great but I can listen to the thing without jumping tracks, ok maybe some of them.

So when Johnson first came into the band he was instrumental in song writing, I believe he was receiving writing credit. The Youngs seemed to get greedy and refused to allow him to receive writing credits and at one point passively resisted Johnson's input. He did not write for the "RAZOR's Edge" as the band claims due to his divorce. What is even more surprising is that with Malcom out of the band, Angus still refused to give Brian Johnson creative input for the "Rock or Bust" album, or at least refused to acknowledge Johnson by giving him writing credit. As I mentioned, I much prefer Johnson's vocals to just about anything that Bon Scott put out. This is always a huge debate between ACDC fans, and I never wavered. I think when Bon died what hurt the band the most was losing Bon's ability to write lyrics, I would say he was better at the lyrics than Johnson, and a hell of a lot better than the Youngs.

Also, I am not counting soundtrack albums or songs specifically released on movie soundtracks like "Big Gun" that appeared on the Last Action Hero sound track. Or the Maximum Overdrive sound track that ACDC did and named "Who Made Who" which was a combination of new and old material.

Ranking the Albums After the passing of Bon Scott

1. Back in Black: This could be the greatest rock album ever
2. Ball Breaker: Personally I love this album
3. Flick the Switch
4. For Those About to Rock
5. Razor's Edge
6. Blow Up Your Video
7. Black Ice
8. Rock or Bust
9. Stiff Upper lip
10. Fly On the Wall

George Cumby
04-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Let me know when you're done with him. And please wash him up this time.

lol

Deputy Nutz
04-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Whole lot of Rossie was true story about a prostitute that Bon had shagged up with

woodbuck27
04-19-2016, 09:06 PM
The lesson? Sometimes you have to let go of bands early. And always carry an extra guitar strap just in case (3:10 in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIW19s_lGro

Now that is....AC/DC !

Thank You.

woodbuck27
04-19-2016, 09:58 PM
You are old and stupid, so I will forgive you a bit. Everything you mentioned is good, well because it is ACDC. We all recognize "Thunderstruck",

Then in 1995 my personal favorite "Ball Breaker" was released. That is a Rick Rubin produce Album. This is an album that I can listen to from the first cut to the last cut. The band and Rubin did a fantastic job, You know it is ACDC, but they have a different sound that I can't quite put my finger on. I think Rubin decided to showcase guttural Brian's vocals.

I don't know how you can forget 1981's "For Those About to Rock We Salute You". I mean just for the title track alone.

1985 "Fly on the Wall", Angus and Malcolm decided to produce this one themselves and to be honest it was a steaming pile, it just doesn't sound good. They broke away from Mutt before Flick the Switch and that album was produced by the entire band. That Album was darn near great, this one, not so much. I can't really get into any particular track. the lyrics are ok but seem very muted. Folks like "Sink the Pink", and "Shake the Foundation", personally I don't ever have to listen to them again.

1988's "Blow Up Your Video", dubbed as their comeback back Album. This Album just sounds better although there were no huge monster hits from this album. Their most notable song is "Heatseeker". Which is a damn good song but didn't really have a lot of commercial appeal. I have to say that this is an album you can listen to straight through and enjoy the whole album. With tracks like Kissing Dynamite, That's the Way I wanna Rock n Roll, Some Sin for nothin. Overall this was their best overall album since Back in Black.

1983's "Flick the Switch" is damn good but not great. There is no monster hit on this Album but there are some good tracks, Badlands, Brain Shake, This House is on Fire, Bedlam in Belgium, Guns for hire. This is as of a complete album as your are going to get from ACDC. If they had one big hit on this album this would be considered one of their all time greats. I suggest to any ACDC fan to go back and listen to this entire album because it is really really good.

I think 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip" was a below average album for ACDC. I just wasn't a fan. Ranks as one of their worst

2008's "Black Ice" was a shit title for the Album, but there is several really good tracks. "Runaway Train" is a fantastic tune, Big Jack i, Money Made, Black Ice are all ok tracks . Better than Stiff Upper Lip, but not great.

2015's "Rock or Bust" is an above average album for ACDC and the first one with out Malcom Young who is now suffering from dementia. This album is ok, certainly not great but I can listen to the thing without jumping tracks, ok maybe some of them.

So when Johnson first came into the band he was instrumental in song writing, I believe he was receiving writing credit. The Youngs seemed to get greedy and refused to allow him to receive writing credits and at one point passively resisted Johnson's input. He did not write for the "RAZOR's Edge" as the band claims due to his divorce. What is even more surprising is that with Malcom out of the band, Angus still refused to give Brian Johnson creative input for the "Rock or Bust" album, or at least refused to acknowledge Johnson by giving him writing credit. As I mentioned, I much prefer Johnson's vocals to just about anything that Bon Scott put out. This is always a huge debate between ACDC fans, and I never wavered. I think when Bon died what hurt the band the most was losing Bon's ability to write lyrics, I would say he was better at the lyrics than Johnson, and a hell of a lot better than the Youngs.

Also, I am not counting soundtrack albums or songs specifically released on movie soundtracks like "Big Gun" that appeared on the Last Action Hero sound track. Or the Maximum Overdrive sound track that ACDC did and named "Who Made Who" which was a combination of new and old material.

Ranking the Albums After the passing of Bon Scott

1. Back in Black: This could be the greatest rock album ever
2. Ball Breaker: Personally I love this album
3. Flick the Switch
4. For Those About to Rock
5. Razor's Edge
6. Blow Up Your Video
7. Black Ice
8. Rock or Bust
9. Stiff Upper lip
10. Fly On the Wall Edited by woodbuck27 RE: content.

A good review. Generally I agree with how you rate the Brian Johnson Era albums and in particular the TOP Six At the same time I prefer their early albums up to and 'of course' including Back In Black, For Those About to Rock We Salute and Blow Up Your Video.

A further comment on the Brian Johnson Era:

1. Back in Black: This could be the greatest rock album ever....Deputy Nutz

Back In Black is...... the greatest Hard Rock Album of All Time.....if you judge it's success based on sales and it's certainly an album I can personally enjoy throughout. I never tire from listening to it. It's like a lot of CCR or 'Always .....Just Off The Shelf'.

2. Ball Breaker: Personally I love this album....Deputy Nutz .... (I'm happy 'YOU' like it Deputy....woodbuck27)

3. Flick the Switch....Just OK....woodbuck27

4. For Those About to Rock We Salute You....very OK and was AC/DC's first album to become NO. 1 in the USA...I enjoy this album....woodbuck27

5. Razor's Edge .... Just OK ....woodbuck27

6. Blow Up Your Video....Very OK This USA Platinum album was the band's biggest-selling album for The Brian Johnson Era AC/DC since For Those About to Rock We Salute You. It reached #2 in the UK and was #12 in the USA. I enjoy this album.....woodbuck27

Again I like the single Thunderstruck...a huge Hard Rock Release by AC/DC. It jumps really.....high !

mraynrand
04-19-2016, 10:03 PM
In college, my next door neighbors worked second shift and would come home at 1 AM and start cranking "You shook me all night long" - My roommates hated it, but it got me cranked up for another two hours of studying. YEAH!!

woodbuck27
04-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Enough words let's ROCK ......AC/DC Style:

Here's a compilation of their 25 Greatest Hits...that work or not for you is damn good. .... woodbuck27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q&list=PL2MJN9x8D1E74fQH39DPaKP2b6SBMpeBi

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Woody I think you are getting hung up on the commercial success of certain tracks. Nobody can argue that songs like Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, Shoot to Thrill are some of the greatest tunes of all time. I recognize that Ball Breaker didn't have a monster track on the album, but I like I stated there are reasons for that, as the title track is great track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBdfKRI0wIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhB0ADVEHhs

I ain't trying to convince any of ya, but take a listen and see if it maybe changes your mind.

Freak Out
04-21-2016, 11:42 AM
I actually can't stand Johnson's voice. Everything after Bon Scott makes me want to punch the entire band in the face. I would honestly rather hear Axl sing.

I'm not sure about the Axl part :) but I agree that after Bon Scott choked out I lost interest in the band. Back in Black was good but from there it was all downhill. Bon Scott is the voice of ACDC for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LptOc6OKoWs

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 12:13 PM
You're old.

woodbuck27
04-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Woody I think you are getting hung up on the commercial success of certain tracks. Nobody can argue that songs like Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, Shoot to Thrill are some of the greatest tunes of all time. I recognize that Ball Breaker didn't have a monster track on the album, but I like I stated there are reasons for that, as the title track is great track.

I ain't trying to convince any of ya, but take a listen and see if it maybe changes your mind.

I'm listening to this video material as I post this. It's pancakes without maple syrup....or molasses.

Deputy I'm not caught up on the "Commercial Success" of AC/DC; rather choosing to express preference for Bon Scott/ material over the bulk of what we hear in the post Bon Scott era.

I duly not the material in this latter era that is IMO very well done.

Your not aware of all I listen to that is good ROCK music. Have you taken the time to get to know the great Canadian band "TheTragically Hip" ? The Hips lead singer and writer Gordon Downey is superb...the lead guitarist Rob Baker is solid. I'd like to turn you onto "really good Rock".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tragically_Hip

Try:

"Blow at High Dough" and also from Album "Up To Here"
"New Orleans Is Sinking"

Try the title track from "Fully Completely".

Try from their album Phantom Power> Poets and Vapour Trails... I'm impressed with this cut that to my knowledge wasn't released as a single. It might be difficult to find online!?

If you love ROCK don't hesitate with this suggestion:

Order online the Live DVD "That Night In Toronto"..I promise you'll be blown away. Theygot three or four curtain calls and just went on and on with an amazing performance.

The HIP is a crackin good ROCK BAND Deputy Nutz.If your not aware of them your short changing yourself. Lead singer Gordon Downie is one of the very best front men in ROCK ever. His writing is impressive and his performances exciting....a real treat.

woodbuck27
04-21-2016, 12:51 PM
You're old.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/PI3lsQwd41hIG5OArY3lrQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NTAwO2g9MjA1/http://31.media.tumblr.com/fcaa23833a94dd0bf4436a728c341bc2/tumblr_nxg10nAOHz1ul0upto1_500.gif

nuuooope !

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 01:20 PM
This is probably Bon's greatest work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUXMzkh-jI

Freak Out
04-21-2016, 01:23 PM
You're old.

Almost as old as Prince...but still kicking.

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Scary when people your age start to die

Freak Out
04-21-2016, 01:28 PM
I was lucky enough to see both lineups and both were great shows....probably the loudest live music I've ever heard. After Back in Black the arena shows took over and they had a load of props and showy stuff....I just prefer the guys playing highly amplified music over cannon blasts and pyrotechnics. :)

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm listening to this video material as I post this. It's pancakes without maple syrup....or molasses.

Deputy I'm not caught up on the "Commercial Success" of AC/DC; rather choosing to express preference for Bon Scott/ material over the bulk of what we hear in the post Bon Scott era.

I duly not the material in this latter era that is IMO very well done.

Your not aware of all I listen to that is good ROCK music. Have you taken the time to get to know the great Canadian band "TheTragically Hip" ? The Hips lead singer and writer Gordon Downey is superb...the lead guitarist Rob Baker is solid. I'd like to turn you onto "really good Rock".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tragically_Hip

Try:

"Blow at High Dough" and also from Album "Up To Here"
"New Orleans Is Sinking"

Try the title track from "Fully Completely".

Try from their album Phantom Power> Poets and Vapour Trails... I'm impressed with this cut that to my knowledge wasn't released as a single. It might be difficult to find online!?

If you love ROCK don't hesitate with this suggestion:

Order online the Live DVD "That Night In Toronto"..I promise you'll be blown away. Theygot three or four curtain calls and just went on and on with an amazing performance.

The HIP is a crackin good ROCK BAND Deputy Nutz.If your not aware of them your short changing yourself. Lead singer Gordon Downie is one of the very best front men in ROCK ever. His writing is impressive and his performances exciting....a real treat.

No thanks, your taste in country music is enough to tell me about your overall taste in music, but like most things I am sure you are an absolute expert in music.

Freak Out
04-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Scary when people your age start to die

Fucking tell me about it. A cousin of mine died recently...at 53! Prime of his life really....making huge money and would have retired in a few years. He was in great shape...always took care of himself....but his heart just stopped.

woodbuck27
04-21-2016, 02:01 PM
No thanks, your taste in country music is enough to tell me about your overall taste in music, but like most things I am sure you are an absolute expert in music.

Your prejudice clouds your mind; distorts any vision of what to grow means. I feel truly sad for you Deputy Nutz.

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 02:18 PM
I was lucky enough to see both lineups and both were great shows....probably the loudest live music I've ever heard. After Back in Black the arena shows took over and they had a load of props and showy stuff....I just prefer the guys playing highly amplified music over cannon blasts and pyrotechnics. :)

I have been to every concert since 1996, and I think they had to go to the props because everyone else. The last show they had the bell, and they had Rosie, not much more than that besides the stage.

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2016, 02:19 PM
Your prejudice clouds your mind; distorts any vision of what to grow means. I feel truly sad for you Deputy Nutz.

You're a weirdo

mraynrand
04-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Fucking tell me about it. A cousin of mine died recently...at 53! Prime of his life really....making huge money and would have retired in a few years. He was in great shape...always took care of himself....but his heart just stopped.

same thing happened to the Lizard King.

Sorry to hear it. Brothers of two close friends had same thing happen this year. Nearing the 5-0... It's .. gettin' ... dark!

woodbuck27
04-22-2016, 03:03 PM
You're a weirdo

Deputy please.... may I offer you this wisdom:

I've been informed that....

http://content-img.experienceproject.com/1359728799Txowpg.jpg

Always here to help inform you.....woodbuck27....My name is Ed.
I truly care...have sympathy for a man such as you that has so much to learn.

A caution:

Time is running ...short.

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfrj1z7q3YI

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2016, 10:41 AM
My ears, are bled. Brian Johnson is lucky his hearing is going so he doesn't have to listen to that garbage.