PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed in what T.T. brought to the offense....

packers11
09-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I've tried to be a big "supporter" of T.T. and saying to myself hes been doing a fine job bringing in enough people for the packers... I think hes done a fine job with our defense revamping it and having a new player start at each position... But..... Our offense is lacking depth / talent...

In FA why didn't we go after someone like Joe Jurevicius???
Driver Joe Jennings Fegy....
Thats looks pretty nice...

For the offensive line, why didn't we bring in a vet to help the rookies out?
And... when we have a backup like Herron (which I think is awful), that shows very little depth that we have in rbs....

Wouldn't you be mad to if its been two years and you have no big threats on offense (if ur in favre's shoes)?? I know I would be heated....

The reason in 2003 that the packers did so well is because the offense was on FIRE... The defense was the one lacking and losing the games, (4th and 26), the brutal shootout with colts, etc etc....

So all I ask for T.T. to do if not this year but for next, PLEASE give the packers more offensive firepower, let the packers be like the 2003 team and put up 30+ points on the bears defense a game.....

Thoughts??

Lurker64
09-03-2006, 10:05 PM
For the offensive line, why didn't we bring in a vet to help the rookies out?

Peko and Mookie don't count?

gbpackfan
09-03-2006, 10:06 PM
There is only so much talent out there. He needs to sign a waiver wire WR.

packers11
09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I already started a post about his disappointing waiver wire signings. Come on rook!

Its not just about waiver wire signings... Just in general with this FA, and since T.T. has been in office... THE OFFENSE has been going to shit, I HOPE someone can remember the 2003 season...

WE WERE TOP 5 OFFENSE IN THE DAMN LEAGUE... Didnt it decline pretty quickly....

gbpackfan
09-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I figured that out, that is why I changed my post. I'm stupid. Forgive me. :wink:

packers11
09-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I figured that out, that is why I changed my post. I'm stupid. Forgive me. :wink:

its ok :mrgreen:

Bretsky
09-03-2006, 11:21 PM
I already started a post about his disappointing waiver wire signings. Come on rook!

Its not just about waiver wire signings... Just in general with this FA, and since T.T. has been in office... THE OFFENSE has been going to shit, I HOPE someone can remember the 2003 season...

WE WERE TOP 5 OFFENSE IN THE DAMN LEAGUE... Didnt it decline pretty quickly....

Yes, we'd get along pretty d@m well; I've been posting the same content in here as you just did. In defense of TT, that top 5 defense did have one of the best guard combos in the NFL and TT couldn't afford to keep in in tact and there was little talent to replace them. On the other hand, he made the wrong OL decisions last year with his cheap FA's and he'd letting er ride with the rookies this year.

I've been ranting for months on why TT could let all 3 interioer OL positions be replaced with inexperienced players. I still wonder. But I'm just resigned to thinking TT is sacrificing potential short term success for what he thinks will be long term success.

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 08:22 AM
With all the upgrading we did on defense, it makes me wonder why we look worse now then we did when Bates had a roster full of NFL Europe calibur players. Yes, I think Bates really was that good and I'm not at all convinced that Sanders is the man.

In TT's defense, FA was very thin this year. I don't think many expected the increase in cap room, therefore limiting the salary cap casualty players. What I don't agree with is that he waited too long in FA this year. Wasn't he out of town or something the first week of FA?

Anyhow, what I hope from this season is that we see gradual improvement along the way and then next year pick up some offensive weapons in FA. It's not like we won't have the cap room.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM

Thoughts??

Didn't Jerevicius sign with his hometown team? Free agents are free. They get to go where they want - money being equal.

Brainerd
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM

Thoughts??

Didn't Jerevicius sign with his hometown team? Free agents are free. They get to go where they want - money being equal.

There's something about that guy I really like. He plays hard. He seems to move around alot.

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 09:21 AM
With all the upgrading we did on defense, it makes me wonder why we look worse now then we did when Bates had a roster full of NFL Europe calibur players. Yes, I think Bates really was that good and I'm not at all convinced that Sanders is the man.

In TT's defense, FA was very thin this year. I don't think many expected the increase in cap room, therefore limiting the salary cap casualty players. What I don't agree with is that he waited too long in FA this year. Wasn't he out of town or something the first week of FA?

Anyhow, what I hope from this season is that we see gradual improvement along the way and then next year pick up some offensive weapons in FA. It's not like we won't have the cap room.

All great point GBM

retailguy
09-04-2006, 09:30 AM

Look, I'm not dissing Bates, however, the defense had "issues" due to personnel last season and still has "issues". 3 down conversion rate was pretty bad, especially towards the end of the season, and run defense was awful.

Sanders concerns me, but no more than MM concerns me. Jags is a complete optimist who sees little reality about his zone blocking. It coulc be a very long season, or these three guys could be mad scientist geniuses and we'll be 16-0... Who knows? guess we'll find out sunday.

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I understand, Retail....but my point is that Bates did more with a crap filled roster than Sanders is doing with a revamped defense.

I guess I should let them at least play a real game before i put them under the table though, eh? :neutral:

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 09:53 AM

Look, I'm not dissing Bates, however, the defense had "issues" due to personnel last season and still has "issues". 3 down conversion rate was pretty bad, especially towards the end of the season, and run defense was awful.

Sanders concerns me, but no more than MM concerns me. Jags is a complete optimist who sees little reality about his zone blocking. It coulc be a very long season, or these three guys could be mad scientist geniuses and we'll be 16-0... Who knows? guess we'll find out sunday.

We did have issues on D last year and were not as good as our rating for many reasons. But IMO we still did as well as we could for the talent we had

It is concerning that we look plain out overmatched on D when the talent this year is greater.

B

Joemailman
09-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I understand, Retail....but my point is that Bates did more with a crap filled roster than Sanders is doing with a revamped defense.

I guess I should let them at least play a real game before i put them under the table though, eh? :neutral:

I think everyone should take a deep breath and not judge too quickly. I think Sanders played a very vanilla defense in the pre-season. We'll see the real thing once the season starts. I think the defense will be fine. Ultimately, success this season will depend on whether the OL meshes as a unit or gets torn apart by opposing defenses.

pbmax
09-04-2006, 10:02 AM
I've tried to be a big "supporter" of T.T. and saying to myself hes been doing a fine job bringing in enough people for the packers... I think hes done a fine job with our defense revamping it and having a new player start at each position... But..... Our offense is lacking depth / talent...

I can take this one. I have read several times that JJ does his best work as a number 3 receiver and he got paid well.

Mar. 11, 2006 - 6:40 p.m. ET

Browns signed WR Joe Jurevicius to a four-year, $10 million contract.

For now, Jurevicius will fill a starting role opposite Braylon Edwards. The contract amount would seem to indicate he could slide into a No. 3 role down the line. Because of his injury history, we'll be cautious about over-valuing him in fantasy leagues.

Source: NFL.com