PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL TT Draft In The Ist Round

Joemailman
04-27-2016, 07:01 PM
This is not a preference poll. It's prediction time. Who will TT draft?

Poll to follow.

Joemailman
04-27-2016, 07:06 PM
Billings.

Bretsky
04-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Billings and D Lee as well as Hunter Henry all have my blessings.

pbmax
04-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Billings, I think Ragland goes earlier.

Bretsky
04-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Billings, I think Ragland goes earlier.

ditto

mraynrand
04-27-2016, 09:28 PM
I voted for the OT. I think Conklin will fall just enough for TT to move up and draft him... :lol:

pbmax
04-27-2016, 10:47 PM
I voted for the OT. I think Conklin will fall just enough for TT to move up and draft him... :lol:

It would be a total Ted move to get an OT when everyone thinks they are drafting Raji's replacement.

Freak Out
04-27-2016, 11:10 PM
I have no fucking clue.

wist43
04-28-2016, 12:56 AM
Taylor Decker - and I'd be okay with the pick.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 06:31 AM
WR Josh Doctson, TCU

If for some reason Doctson slips to #27, TT won't be able to help himself.

Tony Oday
04-28-2016, 07:52 AM
I'll watch the whole first round only to have TT trade out of the round.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 07:56 AM
I'll watch the whole first round only to have TT trade out of the round.LOL. Just might happen this year.

Patler
04-28-2016, 08:00 AM

That is a let down when it happens, isn't it? I feel that way for any of the first 4 rounds or so,

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 09:05 AM
WR Josh Doctson, TCU

No doubt that WR Josh Doctson has big play potential but I believe that he'll be gone before NO. 27.

That will offer more assurance that TT gets help to stop the RUN ! We were bad there last year and so I hope that TT will invest in a defensive player on the DL or at LBer to help secure better run protection. I think it could very possibly be LBer Reggie Ragland or DE Kevin Dodd.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 09:09 AM

TT better pick in Round 1 and I believe there's help he needs there to ensure he does.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 09:13 AM
That is a let down when it happens, isn't it? I feel that way for any of the first 4 rounds or so,

If TT doesn't maximize his opportunities in this draft with all the picks he already has...or goes for a washed down draft I'll be as usual :roll:...pissed at him. I'll be so happy when the one hit wonder GM is gone. He's so so over rated .... so so anal ....so so reluctant to seize the moment.

wist43
04-28-2016, 09:17 AM

My guess is he will be looking to trade out...

woodbuck27
How come so little reaction to this thread.

The whole NFL world is now thinking it will be Reggie Ragland at NO. 27. I will be so happy if that happens.

Striker
I'll say Ragland because why not.

wist43
WR Josh Doctson, TCU

I'd be okay with Doctson too...

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 09:19 AM
My guess is he will be looking to trade out...

His typical 'Candy Ass' unsure of himself washed down draft move.

PLEASE ...Noooooooooo !

Striker
04-28-2016, 09:25 AM

PLEASE ...Noooooooooo !

Yep, so unsure of himself that he had to trade down to select Jordy Nelson. Or that one year they were so unsure they traded up to select Clay Matthews because they just were so unsure of themselves.

I'm pretty sure they're always confident in their draft board and in the pick. Whether or not it ends being right? Well, that's the way the draft goes.

But some of these personality projections without any basis in fact are just...amazing.

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 09:28 AM

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/(KGrHqRHJBgE-Qyj9ZQ!BPtB-KgQ4g~~/s-l300.jpg

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 09:31 AM

http://cdn.roogirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/grumpyoldlady.jpg

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Yep, so unsure of himself that he had to trade down to select Jordy Nelson. Or that one year they were so unsure they traded up to select Clay Matthews because they just were so unsure of themselves.

I'm pretty sure they're always confident in their draft board and in the pick. Whether or not it ends being right? Well, that's the way the draft goes.

But some of these personality projections without any basis in fact are just...amazing.

Yes those were solid moves and hits for TT but the future is now for the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers. The window of opportunity is before TT and I hope he doesn't water down this draft. I want to remember him for having an outstanding final years draft in 2016.

Fritz
04-28-2016, 10:40 AM
I remember the year Ted traded out of the first and picked some guy I'd never heard of named Jordy Nelson in the second round, and they didn't really even have a big need at wide receiver at that time.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:42 AM
I remember the year Ted traded out of the first and picked some guy I'd never heard of named Jordy Nelson in the second round, and they didn't really even have a big need at wide receiver at that time.

I loved that pick. Jordy Nelson had a lot of promise.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 11:06 AM
WR Josh Doctson, TCU

Just to see what your reaction is to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631422-2016-nfl-draft-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-predictions/page/3

Biggest 1st-Round Reach .... the consensus pick from a panel:

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

SMBASS
04-28-2016, 11:17 AM
I have a feeling if Lynch or Cook slide down to us someone like Denver may be interested in trading up. I wouldn't mind moving back a few spots if we can secure another pick and still get the guy we're looking at. Otherwise I'm guessing Billings or Butler. For some reason I just don't think T.T. is going to pick Ragland even if he's available. With T.T. who in the heck knows what he's thinking.

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Remember Waldo and his iron-clad TT measurables? I saw where he thinks that the 'physical hard lines' that TT used to have (partly attributable to Schneider) have either changed and/or gone away. So being able to guess which position guys will NOT qualify based on 3-cone scores, wing span, etc. he thinks is no longer possible. Just saying this as I think it makes the TT board more wide-open. Football players - that's what TT will pick (I know, this is very deep).

pbmax
04-28-2016, 11:53 AM

Greg Jennings was fun (Chad Jackson!) but the most fun might have been Nick Collins (REACH!).

3irty1
04-28-2016, 12:10 PM
Remember Waldo and his iron-clad TT measurables? I saw where he thinks that the 'physical hard lines' that TT used to have (partly attributable to Schneider) have either changed and/or gone away. So being able to guess which position guys will NOT qualify based on 3-cone scores, wing span, etc. he thinks is no longer possible. Just saying this as I think it makes the TT board more wide-open. Football players - that's what TT will pick (I know, this is very deep).

I think that's true on defense to a big degree. For the longest time he'd never deviate at all on his secondary players, pass rushers, even LB's. Now there are easy to find exceptions at all of those spots. He's still very much got a type when it comes to offensive linemen.

If TT ever was data science driven in his personnel decisions it makes sense he'd deviate over time. Moneyball means continuously finding what the league undervalues and scooping it up at a bargain to maximize the return on cap dollars and draft picks. Its implausible that the whole league would undervalue the same player traits every year for a decade.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Just to see what your reaction is to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631422-2016-nfl-draft-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-predictions/page/3

Biggest 1st-Round Reach .... the consensus pick from a panel:

Josh Doctson, WR, TCUBecause he is a reach, Doctson may slide to #27. All the receivers in this draft are a reach.

Myself, I think the best receiver in the draft is Sterling Shephard. Shades of Greg Jennings, or Tyler Lockette. You watch his film and all the guy does is get open and make plays. He's a slot guy, but can go deep as well. I also like Paul McRoberts as a late round pick. He reminds me of Donald Driver.

Pugger
04-28-2016, 12:41 PM
How come so little reaction to this thread.

The whole NFL world is now thinking it will be Reggie Ragland at NO. 27. I will be so happy if that happens.

Usually the guy everybody thinks we're gonna take isn't the one Ted picks. ;-) I'd love Ragland too but I have a feeling he'll be long gone unless we move up. :sad:

Smidgeon
04-28-2016, 01:06 PM

Because apparently he has an enlarged aorta...

...not that I know how or why that would affect a person's ability to play football, but it is (technically) a medical issue that's permanent unlike a blown knee which can heal.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2016, 02:42 PM
I'm going with Reed. Because he'll inexplicably fall into the Packers' lap. Much like Fritz hopes will happen with Drew Barrymore.

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm going with Reed. Because he'll inexplicably fall into the Packers' lap. Much like Fritz hopes will happen with Drew Barrymore.

beautiful!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/If8ycRK3PnM/hqdefault.jpg

George Cumby
04-28-2016, 03:34 PM

That guy was a good poster. Whatever happened to him?

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Fingers crossed for Andrew Billings! Guion is good, but I think this guy could be a rotational player, plus he has a little upfield to him. If Guion gets hurt, Billings would be an awesome guy to have in reserve. If you can't stop the run, offenses will likely be able to dictate terms. Third and long, baby!

He's a man-child when it comes to strength. OMG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjusn83VM-c

High School! Imagine if he got stronger during his time at Baylor!! :whaa:

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Poll closes at 7:06 PM.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 08:07 PM

nopers

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 10:15 PM
Pugger!:clap::glug::bow:

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 10:57 PM
nopers

:lol:

Pugger
04-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Pugger!:clap::glug::bow:

Did I make this guess correctly????? Knowing Ted I picked a name nobody was talking about - I did this before McGinn's article in the JS. :lol: