PDA

View Full Version : GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Lee is NOT an OLB.

I think with Lee's speed you can move him around and use his speed to rush the passer from the outside as well; He got some major Bretsky pimpin and if he Odell Thurmanizes he can be used against me

red
04-28-2016, 09:30 PM
lol... strange how that works :glug:

:glug:

Rastak
Texans take Will Fuller.

Bretsky
I was so happy that they took Prior.

Prior has been a good player for the Jets

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:31 PM
7. WILL FULLER | Notre Dame 6001|186 lbs|4JR Philadelphia, Pa. (Roman Catholic) 4/16/1994 (age 22) #7
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 30 3/4 | Hand: 08 1/4 | Wingspan: 73 5/8 2013: (13/3) 6 160 26.7 1 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.32 | 10-YD: 1.51 | 20-YD: 2.51 | BP: 10 | VJ: 33.5 | BJ: 10’06” | SS: 4.27 | 3C: 6.93 2014: (13/13) 76 1,094 14.4 15 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (13/13) 62 1,258 20.3 14 Total: (39/29) 144 2,512 17.4 30

BACKGROUND: A four-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, William “Will” Fuller was recruited as a wide receiver by some and cornerback by others, originally committing to Bill O’Brien at Penn State before flipping to Notre Dame. After redshirting in 2012, he was mostly a reserve in 2013, recording six catches for 160 yards and a touchdown. Fuller became a starter in 2014 as a sophomore and led the team with 76 receptions for 1,094 yards and 15 touchdowns (tied the single season school record), earning All-America honors. He led the Irish in receiving again in 2015 as a junior, finishing with 62 catches for 1,258 yards and 14 touchdowns. After initially saying he would return for his senior season, Fuller changed his mind and announced he would leave for the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Galloping acceleration to reach his top speed quickly…takes the top off a defense vertically, stacking receivers and using multiple gears to pull away from defenders (averaged 20.3 yards per catch in 2015)…finds the ball well in flight with above average tracking skills…times his jumps to highpoint and rarely misjudges downfield throws…works hard for body position to force defenders to go through him at the catch point…achieves proper depth in his routes with the start/stop ability, change of direction skills and hesitation to create separation at the stem…strong plant-and-go quickness in his breaks…very good understanding of field leverage, pressing receivers and generating space…hits the jets quickly to erase pursuit angles on inside screens…won’t break tackles, but drives his legs and lowers his pads to finish…scrappy, willing blocker…experienced lining up outside and in the slot…driven individual and the hard work has paid off – developed into a dependable practice player…highly productive the past two seasons, leaving Notre Dame No. 2 on the school’s all-time receiving touchdown list (30).

WEAKNESSES: Lean-muscled and lacks an ideal body type…below average functional strength and can be knocked off his route…petite hands and prone to body catches with too many drops on his college film – equal opportunity dropper, losing focus on various types of passes…unreliable in contested situations…shows some indecision as a ballcarrier and needs to get north-south quicker…lacks the run power to pick up yards after initial contact…bad habit of extending his arms downfield and pushing off…willing blocker, but struggles to sustain and limited in this area…quiet by nature and his confidence appears to waver at times…doesn’t offer experience as a return man.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter in Notre Dame’s power-spread offense, Fuller developed into the Irish’s top playmaker the last two seasons, eclipsing 1,000-yards receiving both years and totaling 30 touchdowns in 29 career starts. A dynamic deep threat, Fuller has the uncanny ability to create separation late in his route, using an extra gear when the ball is in the air, a burst that most cornerbacks can’t match. He is outstanding at tracking the deep ball and going and getting it, but the lapses in concentration and dropped passes are frustrating. Although NFL teams will need to look past his average build and streaky ballskills, Fuller is a big-time playmaker who has the speed to stretch the field and quickness to generate separation at the top of his routes – solid second round pick, but could come off the board top-30.

red
04-28-2016, 09:31 PM
watch the queens grab jack

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Trade up one pick for a 6th. Maybe Ted can do that about five times in a row so we can DOMINATE round 6 !!!!!

George Cumby
Here comes the run on LB's?

red
i like how mel always mentions a guy the team might draft after the rest of the world knows what the pick is

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/WR/Will-Fuller

Will Fuller
School: Notre Dame
Position: WR

Positive: Senior totals included 62 receptions, 1258 yards and 14 TDs when he averaged 20.3 yards per catch. Fast, vertical receiver with homerun hitting speed. Quickly releases off the line scrimmage, immediately gets to top speed and displays a sense of timing as well as anticipation. Adjusts to the errant throw, makes the difficult reception at full speed and plays with great balance as well as body control. Possesses a burst which he turns on in a single step, extends to make the reception away from his frame and incredibly quick footed. Darts around defenders in the open field, agile and elusive. To his credit works to come away with the difficult reception. Quickly gets into breaks, stays low on exit and separates from opponents. Gives effort blocking downfield.

Negative: Unnecessarily lets the pass get inside him, bobbles the ball and outright drops passes on occasion. Struggles in battles.

Analysis: Fuller possesses homerun hitting speed and quickly alters the momentum of games with long receptions. His hands are inconsistent which will be a problem at the next level and something he'll need to work on in order to develop into a number one wide out on Sunday.

Rastak

Him or Treadwell or Doctson.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:33 PM

YUPPPER

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Fuller = overrated

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Fuller = overrated+1

red
Fuller = overrated

black guy going for the hippie look, always a classy look

Rastak
Fuller = overrated

Yea, it's working out great so far.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:35 PM
SIX PICKS......SHOULD WE GET OUR EXCITEMEN LIST GOING AND WATCH THEM GET PLUCKED ONE BY ONE AND THEN TT draft somebody else ? WHO WE GOT ??

ThunderDan
04-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Prior has been a good player for the Jets

I just liked HaHa better and trusted him coming from Alabama.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:36 PM
Miles Jack
Reggie Ragland
AShawn Robinson

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:37 PM
I just liked HaHa better and trusted him coming from Alabama.

YUP; there is a DL from there who might fall into our lap round one too

jklowan
so if Billings, Ragland, Jack, Reed & Butler are there who do you take

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/WR/Josh-Doctson

Josh Doctson
School: TCU

Positive: Three-year starter who began his career at Wyoming. Awarded All-America and all-Conference honors last season after posting career totals of 79 receptions, 1327 yards and 14 TDs. Dependable possession receiver who consistently finds ways to come free. Fluid releasing off the line scrimmage, uses his hands to keep defenders away and runs solid routes. Quickly gets into breaks,comes back to the ball on exit and uses his frame to shield away defenders. Natural hand catcher, consistently makes the reception away from his body and displays a tremendous sense of timing. Plays with balance, body control and smooth in all his movements. Tracks the ball in the air, plays heads-up football and knows where he is on the field. Gets vertical and competes to make the reception in a crowd.

Negative: Average release off the line of scrimmage. Lacks deep speed and cannot run to the long throw. Lacks classic possession receiver size.

Analysis: Doctson was the go to receiver at TCU the past 3 years and a dependable wide out who came up big during the games important moments. More of an underneath wide out, he offers potential in a variety of systems and projects well as a number two receiver on Sunday.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:38 PM
Joan NiesenVerified account
‏@JoanNiesen
Tunsil just denied an exchange of money between him and his coach. Then, asked again, said it happened. Then interrupted, ushered off stage.

ThunderDan
04-28-2016, 09:39 PM
YUP; there is a DL from there who might fall into our lap round one too

I just can't believe Ashawn could be there.

Rastak
Skins take Doctson

Bretsky
good pick for the Skins......add Norman and Doctson....dangerous team

red
reed and robinson scare me. its like the raji and ron brace draft

both were suppose to be awesome, but when they got split up they both sucked

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:40 PM
3. JOSH DOCTSON | TCU 6020|202 lbs|5SR Mansfield, Texas (Legacy) 12/3/1992 (age 23) #9
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2011: (12/9) 35 393 11.2 5 (Wyoming) MEASUREABLES Arm: 31 7/8 | Hand: 09 7/8 | Wingspan: 76 5/8 2012: Sat out due to transfer rules COMBINE 40-YD: 4.50 | 10-YD: 1.58 | 20-YD: 2.62 | BP: 14 | VJ: 41 | BJ: 10’11” | SS: 4.08 | 3C: 6.84 2013: (12/6) 36 440 12.2 4 (TCU) PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2014: (13/12) 65 1,018 15.7 11 (TCU) PRONUNCIATION DOT-son 2015: (10/10) 79 1,327 16.8 14 (TCU) Total: (47/37) 215 3,178 14.8 34

BACKGROUND: A three-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, Doctson received offers from Wyoming, Duke and Tulsa, choosing the “family atmosphere” of the Wyoming program – also a three-year letterman in basketball. He started as a true freshman in 2011, recording 35 catches for 393 yards and five touchdowns, but because of an illness in his family, Doctson sought a move closer to home. Doctson decided to transfer and walk on at TCU (his dream school growing up) where his mother worked as the vice chancellor of marketing and communications, sitting out the 2012 season due to transfer rules. He worked his way into the starting rotation at receiver as a sophomore and led the team in receiving with 36 catches for 440 yards and four touchdowns. Doctson emerged as one of the better wide receivers in the country as a junior in 2014, leading the team with 65 receptions for 1,018 yards and 11 touchdowns, earning Second Team All-Big 12 honors. Doctson had his best season in 2015 as a senior, setting new TCU records for catches (79), receiving yards (1,327) and touchdown catches (14) in only 10 games. He was a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award and earned First Team All-Big 12 and All-America honors. Doctson accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl, but was unable to participate due to injury.

STRENGTHS: Tall athlete with long arms and adequate muscle tone for the position…outstanding leaping ability, body control and ballskills to elevate with springs in his legs to out-jump defenders…extends with magnet hands to pluck away from his body, displaying usually terrific focus and tracking ability – doesn’t wait for the ball to come to him…uses his body well to box out and shield defenders from the ball…immediately looks to turn catches upfield with deceiving run toughness and a strong stiff arm…creates spacing in his routes and finds open zones to give his quarterback a clear target…unselfish, dependable and hungry worker – can’t find anyone who will say a negative word about his character…highly productive, leading TCU in receiving each of his three seasons with the program – leaves Fort Worth with the most receiving yards in school history (2,785) and a single game (267).

WEAKNESSES: Lean-framed and thin-boned, limiting his growth potential…upright runner and won’t break many tackles as a ballcarrier – runs tough, but not powerful…too soft over the middle, looking for the safety and not attacking the ball with the same vigor…will have some focus drops, allowing footsteps to distract him at the catch point…not a proficient route runner at this stage in his development – not below average in this area, but still has a lot of room to grow…doesn’t offer any return experience on special teams…will turn 24 years old during his rookie NFL season…medicals need vetted – missed time with a right ankle injury (Oct. 2014); broke his hand and required surgery (March 2015), sidelining him for most of spring and fall camp; broken left wrist (Nov. 2015), which required pins and prematurely ended his senior season.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter in TCU’s spread offense, Doctson blossomed at flanker when Gary Patterson hired Sonny Cumbie and Doug Meacham as offensive coordinators prior to the 2014 season to inject life into the play-calling – only three times in TCU’s history has a player gone over 1,000-yards receiving in a season and two belong to Doctson. All of his experience has come in a spread offense that didn’t ask him to run a full route tree, but he shows outstanding effort on throws in his zip code, expanding his catch radius, contorting his body and finding ways to finish catches – bailed out Trevone Boykin on a number of errant passes on film. Doctson lacks polish in areas, but has the resilient mentality and on-field skill-set to contribute early and settle into a No. 2 receiver role – top-50 NFL prospect, similar to Jordan Matthews when he entered the league out of Vanderbilt.

wist43
Doctson is gone...

pittstang5
Good pick for the Skins. he was my favorite WR in the draft. Sucks we can't get him though

Bretsky
I just can't believe Ashawn could be there.

YUP.............ME TOO...........HE WAS THE GUY I WAS REFERRING TO

wist43
Don't want Reed!!!!

BILLINGS!!!!

Rastak
From PFF:

ncluded are three ideal targets for each team with their first-, second-, and third-round picks, along with a team-specific draft board (at the bottom of this article) that includes every player in PFF’s draft rankings.

Here is the entry for the Minnesota Vikings:

Round 1 (23rd overall)
Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State

The Vikings are in the market for a wide receiver, but also a specific type of wideout. With Josh Doctson likely off the board by the time they pick, the team should be focused instead on Michael Thomas, who has the size (6-foot-3, 212 pounds) and strength to become a difference-maker. Minnesota has quickness elsewhere in the receiving corps, but are lacking the physicality that Thomas can bring to help Bridgewater out in the underneath game. He also has the ability to go deep and win downfield against defensive backs in this offense.

Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

PFF may be lower on Treadwell than other people, but he still makes a lot of sense for a team like the Vikings in the first round. He may not separate well, but he is physical and has impressive run-after-the-catch skills, breaking 17 tackles with the ball in his hands last season. He could become the possession target in this offense and free up Stefon Diggs on the other side.

Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia

There is only one safety in this class worthy of a first-round pick, and Karl Joseph is that guy. He is a very close match for Harrison Smith as a player who can play in all safety roles in a defense, and would give the Vikings an incredibly versatile pairing, allowing them to become incredibly creative and disguise their coverages in a way most teams cannot.

red
04-28-2016, 09:41 PM

i think i go jack, then ragland

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:41 PM
reed and robinson scare me. its like the raji and ron brace draft

both were suppose to be awesome, but when they got split up they both sucked

I was not scream "HE GOT JACK'D" with my son watching Packer games

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:42 PM

I agree with you
Look at our history

WE'RE FUCKED.............we're not getting either

George Cumby
Well. The Steelers will probably take one of our guys, eh?

wist43
Okay Rastak... here come your Vikes!!

Really like what the Vikes have been doing the last couple of years.

pittstang5
Don't want Reed!!!!

BILLINGS!!!!

YES!!!

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Okay Rastak... here come your Vikes!!

Really like what the Vikes have been doing the last couple of years.

Jack or Treadwell....although if they think Jack's knee is gonna be toast in three years maybe not so much.

Bretsky
and I don't want the UCLA guy; I'd take Billings over him but BOTH Jack and Ragland over Billings

ThunderDan
Got to think MN goes WR to pick the last tier 1 guy. Looks like a Ponder reach from years ago.

red

i don't think so this year, they have other needs

pbmax
Dear NY Jets

GO FUCK YOURSELVES

You do realize that this circumstance cannot happen yearly unless the Jets are objectively worse than the Packers each year?

wist43

Jacks knee just might be junk for good... and Ragland is somewhat limited.

Hence, Billings!!! I think he's a plug and play guy... very safe pick.

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Gotta think Vikes will take Treadwell. 6 TD passes to WR's last year. Worst in NFL.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:44 PM

Like the OSU ILB last year ? Shitheadss

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 09:45 PM
We don't know Jack's medical.

DT Jarran Reed
DT Vernon Butler
ILB Reggie Ragland
DT Kenny Clark
DT A'Shawn Robinson
DT Andrew Billings

DL aren't getting taken as high as some expected, so maybe there will be some that drop to the end of round two.

I have weird feeling the Packers will surprise everybody and take somebody like DE Chris Jones or CB William Jackson.

Bretsky

Ragland can be a 3 down Backer ............and there will be DL in round 2. When Billings is just OK you'll blame Dom for everything anyways :))

pbmax

Trade down. If ranked equally.

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 09:46 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/WR/LaQuon-Treadwell

LaQuon Treadwell
School: Mississippi

Positive: Three-year starter awarded All-American honors last season and all-Conference honors since his freshman campaign. Totals last year included a career-best 82 receptions, 1153 yards and 11 TDs. Strong, game controlling receiver with limited speed. Fluid releasing off the line scrimmage, comes back into the clearing and extends his hands to make the reception away from his frame. Possesses soft and strong hands with the ability to pluck the errant pass from the air, makes the tough catch with defenders draped on him and exposes himself to the big hit in order to come away with the ball. Tracks the pass in the air, displays terrific timing and gets vertical over defenders to win out for the reception. Uses his large frame to shield away opponents, adjusts to the errant throw and consistently wins out in battles. Displays focus, concentration and plays with excellent balance. Works hard to pick up yardage running after the catch. Terrific downfield blocker.

Negative: Average quickness in his game. Lacks a burst and displays limited speed.

Analysis: Treadwell displayed himself to be a consistently dominant, game controlling receiver but has speed and separation limitations. He offers the ability to line up as a number one wide out in an offense that does not require him to run vertical routes.

George Cumby
i don't think so this year, they have other needs

I hope you are right.

HarveyWallbangers

Maybe somebody will want Paxton Lynch in the Packers range.

Rastak
Treadwell to Vikes.....Happy RAS!

pittstang5
Smart move Vikes

Cheesehead Craig
Ragland can be a 3 down Backer ............and there will be DL in round 2. When Billings is just OK you'll blame Dom for everything anyways :))

LOL!

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:47 PM
1. LAQUON TREADWELL | Ole Miss 6020|221 lbs|3JR Crete, Ill. (Crete-Monee) 6/14/1995 (age 20) #1
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 1st Round 2013: (13/13) 72 608 8.4 5 MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 3/8 | Hand: 09 1/2 | Wingspan: 80 1/2 2014: (8/8) 48 632 13.2 5 COMBINE BP: 12 | VJ: 33 | BJ: 09’09” 2015: (13/13) 82 1,153 14.1 11 PRO DAY 40-YD: 4.63 | 10-YD: 1.64 | VJ: 33.5 | SS: 4.29 | 3C: 7.05 Total: (34/34) 202 2,393 11.8 21

BACKGROUND: A five-star recruit out of high school, Treadwell was considered one of the best players in the 2013 signing class and held offers from almost every program in the country, ultimately choosing Ole Miss over Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. He became the first player in school history to earn SEC Freshman of the Year honors in 2013, recording 72 catches for 608 yards and five touchdowns as the starting slot receiver, also adding numerous Freshman All-American honors. Treadwell moved to outside receiver as a sophomore and was on pace to pass his freshman numbers in 2014 before a gruesome left leg injury ended his season, finishing with 48 receptions for 632 yards and five scores. He missed the following spring practice of his junior year, but returned healthy for the 2015 regular season, starting every game and leading the SEC in catches (82), receiving yards (1,153) and receiving scores (11). Treadwell earned First Team All-SEC and All-America honors and became the first Ole Miss receiver to be named a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award.

STRENGTHS: Well-built for the position with a muscular upper body and sleek definition…long arms and large hands to create a very large catching radius…natural plucker with vacuum hands away from his body – snatches anything in his general direction…outstanding on 50-50 balls, showing above average body control and hand-eye coordination…lacks sprinter speed, but plays faster than timed speed due to strong, decisive strides, never playing hesitant…shows the ability to push routes, sink and quickly locate the football…plays with grown man strength to brush off tackle attempts and get every yard possible – rarely fazed by initial tackler in college due to his balance and power…has run-after-catch ability with his strength and athleticism, stretching screens into big gains…won’t allow defenders to chase him out of bounds…takes pride in his blocking, throwing his body and overwhelming defenders…very strong-minded competitor and doesn’t shrink under bright lights…innately motivated and wired right for professional football…carries himself like a leader with a goal-oriented mind-set – genuinely enjoys the comradery with his teammates…very grounded, mature personality for his age and handled adversity well after his 2014 season-ending injury – has one daughter (Madison)…highly productive in the SEC and leaves Ole Miss with the school record for receptions (202).

WEAKNESSES: Route running still a work-in-progress and wasn’t asked to run a full tree in the Ole Miss offense…needs to rely more on his footwork at the top of routes to create separation…speed is average for the position, lacking a second gear vertically to easily gain a step…will have the occasional focus drop, running before securing the catch…physicality is his calling card, but will also lead to offensive interference penalties with the way he uses his hands at times…aggressive blocker, but will get overeager and fall off his man…emotionally charged competitor, which led to several false start and unsportsmanlike penalties at Ole Miss…medicals are important to ensure no lingering issues from his Nov. 2014 left leg injury (broken fibula, dislocated ankle).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Treadwell lined up inside and outside in his career at Ole Miss and was consistently productive despite defenses game-planning against him, leading the SEC in receiving in 2015 – became the first SEC player to record 100+ receiving yards and at least one receiving score in five straight games. Treadwell has exceptional ballskills and catching radius with strong hands to pluck away from his body or scoop off his shoelaces – if the throw is anywhere within a few feet of his body, he’ll attack it. He isn’t a sudden athlete, but plays with athletic twitch and power to be a threat after the catch. Although soft-spoken, Treadwell, who grew up in a single-mother household and stayed out of trouble due to her strict, loving nature, is highly respected when he does speak up and plays like a warrior. He has the skill-set to develop into a legitimate No. 1 target in the NFL, similar to a lesser-dynamic version of Dez Bryant – top-10 talent in the 2016 class.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:48 PM

DT Jarran Reed
DT Vernon Butler
ILB Reggie Ragland
DT Kenny Clark
DT A'Shawn Robinson
DT Andrew Billings

DL aren't getting taken as high as some expected, so maybe there will be some that drop to the end of round two.

I have weird feeling the Packers will surprise everybody and take somebody like DE Chris Jones or CB William Jackson.

Agree on DL; very deep draft there. DB or OL would be classic TT....like the OT from Indiana

pbmax

Jack's knee is degenerative, he admitted it yesterday or today. Might be a one contract guy then need micro fracture.

George Cumby
You happy, Ras?

red

thats why you're boring

wist43

DT Jarran Reed
DT Vernon Butler
ILB Reggie Ragland
DT Kenny Clark
DT A'Shawn Robinson
DT Andrew Billings

Would be okay with Jackson - don't want Jones.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:49 PM
You happy, Ras?

Very.

wist43
04-28-2016, 09:50 PM

Are you hittin' the juice with Deputy Nutz?? :glug:

red
04-28-2016, 09:50 PM

browns and cowboys want to get back into the first for a QB and i believe both have called the packers before the draft about a possible trade

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:51 PM

I'd think sooner or later somebody might take a flyer and trade up for Jack as well.

The Las Vegas over/under for QB's drafted in round one was 2.5. I thought that was no brainer money to go over. It's basically a bet for or against Lynch in round one.

I think Vegas over/under for WR's was 3.5.

It would be dam fun to watch the draft in Vegas and put $25 on about 20 different bets and see how you do.

pittstang5
Bengals - Ragland, me thinks

pbmax
thats why you're boring

Its also because I have studied exactly one highlight tape. So the sum total of my 2016 draft knowledge is that Darron Lee is NOT an OLB in the NFL.

Maxie the Taxi
Bengals - Ragland, me thinksSterling Shephard?

George Cumby
Very.

Good!

Even though that's bad for us!

pbmax
04-28-2016, 09:52 PM
browns and cowboys want to get back into the first for a QB and i believe both have called the packers before the draft about a possible trade

Guess or rumors in the city?

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Are you hittin' the juice with Deputy Nutz?? :glug:

Clearly you are trying to sabotage draft day so you can continue to railroad the Dominator..aka ....DOM CAPERS

Billings is OK but I don't want him at 27

pbmax
04-28-2016, 09:53 PM
I just can't see a non-game changing nose tackle at the end of the first. We'll see.

Rastak
Guess or rumors in the city?

Very possible.....

jklowan
If the Pack trades out I'm gonna be f'n pissed

red
I'd think sooner or later somebody might take a flyer and trade up for Jack as well.

The Las Vegas over/under for QB's drafted in round one was 2.5. I thought that was no brainer money to go over. It's basically a bet for or against Lynch in round one.

It would be dam fun to watch the draft in Vegas and put $25 on about 20 different bets and see how you do.

it amazes me that teams will pass on the second group of QB's until late in the first, put are willing totrade the farm to move to the top of the draft to draft 2 QB's that are far from the best players in the draft.

if the QB is that important, why wouldn't you just take a QB with a second round grade around 15 or 20?

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 09:54 PM
There goes Jackson

HarveyWallbangers

The draft is funny. Four WRs taken already in what is a down year for WRs. The measurables for the WR class as a whole were abysmal. Hardly any DL taken yet. I've felt it was a good year at S, and at least that has shown through so far (I consider Ramsey a better S prospect than CB--although I understand starting him at CB).

red
If the Pack trades out I'm gonna be f'n pissed

i say that same thing every year

it only happened the one time though that i remember

George Cumby
Well. We are gonna have a hard choice here. At least if we were running the draft room. Good thing we're not.......

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 09:55 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/CB/William-Jackson

William Jackson
School: Houston
Position: CB

Positive: Junior-college transfer awarded all-Conference honors the past two seasons. Posted a career-best 43 tackles and 23 PBUs last season, 5 which were interceptions. Nice sized cornerback with an improving game. Quick peddling in reverse, shows the ability to stay on the receivers hip out of breaks and has a nice burst to the ball. Effectively tracks the pass in the air, displays good recognition and awareness as well as next level ball skills. Shows the ability to make plays with his back to the ball, properly positioning himself against opponents then locating the pass in the air. Competes throughout the action and mixes it up with receivers throughout the route.

Negative: Plays like an average athlete. Gets turned on occasion. Not a smooth or fluid cornerback. Gives a large underneath cushion.

Analysis: Jackson was a solid cornerback the past three seasons then really stepped up as a senior. His ability to cover the deep pass is a bit of a concern but Jackson has the size and skill to line up as a starter on Sunday's.

Bretsky

Are you drunk and hearing voices ?? lol

Carolina_Packer

Especially if there is a team that likes Paxton Lynch and wants to get the 5th year option and wants to move up into the 1st round (ahead of Denver).

ThunderDan
We are going to get a DL or LB I wanted before the draft.

Rastak
3. WILLIAM JACKSON | Houston 6003|189 lbs|4SR Houston, Texas (Wheatley) 10/27/1992 (age 23) #3
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2012: Trinity Valley Community College MEASUREABLES Arm: 31 3/4 | Hand: 09 1/4 | Wingspan: 75 1/4 2013: (13/4) 35 0.0 0.0 1 8 1 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.37 | 10-YD: 1.52 | 20-YD: 2.56 | BJ: 09’08” 2014: (13/12) 3 1.5 0.0 1 12 2 PRO DAY SS: 4.32 | 3C: 6.86 2015: (13/12) 43 1.5 0.0 0 28 5 Total: (39/28) 115 3.0 0.0 2 48 8

BACKGROUND: A three-star athlete recruit out of high school, Jackson was recruited as a receiver and cornerback and chose to play his college ball for his hometown Cougars, but academic issues forced him to attend Trinity Valley Community College in 2012 instead. He was officially part of Houston’s 2013 signing class and joined the team in the summer with three years of eligibility remaining. Jackson saw his playing time grow throughout the 2013 season, starting four games down the stretch and recording eight passes defended and one interception. He became a regular starter as a junior in 2014 (12 starts) and led the team with 12 passes defended, adding 37 tackles and two interceptions to earn All-AAC Second Team honors. Jackson passed up the NFL to return for his senior season and led college football with 28 passes defended, adding 43 tackles and five interceptions to earn All-AAC Second Team honors. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl, but later pulled out due to a minor tweak of his knee injury.

STRENGTHS: Tall, smooth-muscled body type with a large wingspan…above average arm length for the position to expand his pass defense radius and get his hands on the ball…natural ballskills to highpoint and disrupt the catch point…speed to stay stride-for-stride down the field…brackets receivers against the sideline to gain proper body position…balanced off the snap and extends his hands to jam in press-man coverage…quick out of his stance to shadow routes, reading the receiver to sense throws and get his head turned to react accordingly…good plant-and-drive in off-coverage, showing timing to take away short passes or arrive at the same time as the ball…physical finisher and shows the ability to wrap with his long arms and deliver a pop…has playmaking skills after the interception with three career defensive touchdowns, averaging 26.4 yards per interception return (8/211/3)…highly productive with 48 career passes defended, including a FBS-best 28 passes defended in 2015…rough up-bringing, but has stayed focused at Houston, making appropriate changes to improve his preparation and study habits – became much more studious in the film room as a senior and it showed, working hard to refine his craft…low-key, humble personality.

WEAKNESSES: Leggy athlete and feet can get clunky in his transition…quick to open his hips and bail, making it tough for him to redirect and attack underneath routes – not silky smooth and shows hip tightness…allows receivers to drive him off the route with hard-stops or physical push-offs…will panic and get grabby at times, attracting obvious penalties…needs to better square up his targets as a tackler, allowing his feet to tie up when attempting to break down – can be juked in space…too easily blocked for his size, needs to do more to stay free in the run game…minor durability concerns – missed one game (Nov. 2015) due to a “small abnormality” in his left knee (MCL) and wore a heavy brace the rest of the season.

SUMMARY: A two-and-a-half year starter, Jackson played mostly press and off-man coverage at Houston and would often shadow the opponents’ top receiving threat – leaves school with a record 48 passes defended. A wideout and corner in high school, he does a lot of receiver-like things at the catch point, using his size, length and ballskills to disrupt and be a playmaker. Jackson lacks the twitchy footwork or change of direction skills to easily redirect in short spaces, which will get him in trouble when he turns his hips and bails in off-coverages, but is much more comfortable in press-man when he can stay sticky to the receiver – excellent awareness with his back to the ball, controlling his speeds well to attack the catch point. While his skill-set will be coveted by some teams more than others, Jackson is the type of long, physical corner that teams like the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers look for – press-man cornerback ready for immediate action in the NFL and worthy of first round consideration.

pbmax
04-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Steelers need D.

red
getting close

George Cumby
Oooooohhhhhh Yeeeeeaaaah...........

pbmax
04-28-2016, 09:57 PM

Think you are right. And this means Ted is open to trading down.

Bretsky
WE have a LOT of guys here we did not think we see.

Let's call a spade a spade. Ted's a pussy when it comes to gambling with injuries so no f'ckin way do we take Jack

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/CB/Artie-Burns

Artie Burns
School: Miami-Fl
Position: CB

Positive: Two-year starter awarded all-Conference honors as a junior after totaling 36 tackles, 6 INT's and 5 PBU's. Well sized cornerback who plays an aggressive brand of football. Displays good awareness, mixes it up with receivers throughout the route and physically beats down opponents defending the throw. Quick flipping his hips in transition, effectively reads the opponents eyes then gets his head back around to locate the pass in the air. Stays with receivers out of breaks, shows a burst to the ball and nicely tracks passes in the air. Defeats blocks getting up the field, make plays against the run and to his credit chases hard to get to the action.

Negative: Lacks the quick and fluid backpedal. Late reacting to receivers moves off the line and usually a quarter step late to the action.

Analysis: Burns showed tremendous improvement in his game the past two seasons and was a cornerback rarely challenged by opposing signal callers. He possesses the size and underlying skill to develop into a starter at the next level if he continues to progress.

Cheesehead Craig
Wow. Really surprised at the defensive talent that the Pack will get to choose from.

HarveyWallbangers
Agree on DL; very deep draft there. DB or OL would be classic TT....like the OT from Indiana

I could see Spriggs. OT is a need (for depth and for a possible starter next year), so I wouldn't be too unhappy. I don't think Ifedi ideally fits our scheme.

Rastak
7. ARTIE BURNS | Miami 5117|193 lbs|3JR Miami, Fla. (Miami Northwestern) 5/1/1995 (age 21) #1
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 2nd Round 2013: (11/0) 17 0.5 0.0 1 4 1 MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 1/4 | Hand: 09 1/2 | Wingspan: 78 2014: (13/11) 40 2.0 2.0 0 6 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.46 | 10-YD: 1.56 | 20-YD: 2.63 | VJ: 31.5 2015: (13/12) 39 0.5 0.0 0 13 6 PRO DAY BP: 7 | VJ: 33 | BJ: 10’04” | SS: 4.32 | 3C: 6.96 Total: (37/23) 96 3.0 2.0 1 23 7

BACKGROUND: A four-star cornerback recruit out of high school, Burns received offers from USC, LSU and several Florida schools, but chose to stay home and commit to the Hurricanes – also a record-setting hurdler in high school. He saw the field on special teams and as a reserve cornerback as a true freshman, finishing with 17 tackles, four passes defended and one interception. Burns became a starter in 2014 as a sophomore (11 starts) and recorded 40 tackles and six passes defended. He had his most productive season in 2015 as a junior, starting 12 games and leading the ACC in interceptions (six) to earn Second Team All-ACC honors. Burns elected to forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Good-sized athlete for the position with excellent height, length and growth potential…above average play speed with the transitional quickness, hips and body control to ride routes downfield…great adjustments on the ball in flight to make plays – does receiver-like things in coverage…crowds the catch point and doesn’t allow receivers to get comfortable…strong hands to jam and reroute in press…stings in run support, breaking down in space to wrap and wrestle…bat out of hell as a blitzer, closing with an extra gear…ballskills to finish interceptions – led the ACC in interceptions in 2015…experienced on special teams coverages…recordsetting track athlete in high school, breaking records in the 110-hurdles (13.35) and 300-hurdles (36.14)…humble worker and focuses on the details…mentally tough and works through adversity – mother (Dana Smith) passed away of a heart attack midseason (Oct. 2015); his father (Artie Sr.) is currently serving a 25-year prison sentence for cocaine trafficking.

WEAKNESSES: Lean limbs and needs to continue and add bulk to his frame…struggles to shed blocks and needs to develop his functional strength…tenacious tackler, but hugs too much and his tackle attempts require mechanic refinement…will turn his hips too early off the snap and needs to improve his transitional sink…panics after a false step, grabbing to slow down the receiver and attracting penalties…can be driven off patterns and be late to recover vs. comeback routes…needs to develop his eye discipline and spatial awareness, allowing receivers to get vertical and create spacing.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter for the Hurricanes, Burns played primarily at boundary cornerback at Miami, starting 23 games the last two seasons. Play speed at the cornerback position is critical for the next level and he checks that box with the lower body explosion and hip fluidity to play tight coverage in both man and zone looks. Burns has receiver-like traits to limit passing windows, but needs to better anticipate routes and cut down on the holding downfield. Although undisciplined as a tackler and with his hands in coverage, Burns has the requisite play speed, competitive toughness and budding ball awareness to develop into a starting press corner in the NFL – will contribute on special teams as a NFL rookie before becoming a regular starter by year two.

red

we should, but like bretsky said, just because we have such obvious needs and all those guys are there, TT will go in a different direction

wist43
04-28-2016, 09:58 PM

Nah, lol... Spriggs is exactly the type of finesse OL they love.

Thinking it will be Spriggs.

George Cumby
Schneider showing he learned under Ted.

Bretsky
FUCK...BRONCOS TRADED WITH SEATTLE..................GB SHOULD HAVE TRADED WITH DENVER..........OUTFOXED AGAIN !!!!!!!

red
denver jumps up for a QB

everyone we could want is sitting there for us

pbmax
Broncos jumping to Lynch or Cook.

If they take Hackenberg, we might get revenge for the cap cheating.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 1m1 minute ago
Broncos have traded 1-31 and 3-94 to Seattle for 1-26.

Joemailman
Broncos to take a QB? TT has to be trying to trade down here.

pbmax
WE have a LOT of guys here we did not think we see.

Let's call a spade a spade. Ted's a pussy when it comes to gambling with injuries so no f'ckin way do we take Jack

Tell that to Justin Harrell.

pittstang5
I would have traded with the Broncos.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 10:00 PM
I'll take Spriggs, Ragland, Reed, Butler, or Clark. Not sure about Jack's medicals. A little early for Deion Jones perhaps--although I like him.

ThunderDan
FUCK...BRONCOS TRADED WITH SEATTLE..................GB SHOULD HAVE TRADED WITH DENVER..........OUTFOXED AGAIN !!!!!!!

Broncos going DL to get ahead of Pack. No need to trade with SEA.

Rastak

Extra 3rd is nice.....

Bossman641
Trade down with all the talent available? I have no idea what top do

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Ragland
Robinson
Billings

a OL for the future

red
Are you drunk and hearing voices ?? lol

no, it was on walterfootball.com earlier

pbmax

Wonder of Packers had a deal with the Cowboys or someone else.

Rastak
From PFF:

23. Minnesota Vikings: Laquon Treadwell | Grade: C+
Receivers are flying off the board as the Vikings add a physical outside presence in Treadwell. He’s a solid late-round pick (+19.8 receiving grade ranked 13th in the draft class), capable of winning in the short game (slants) and adding a red-zone presence with his size. The problem with Treadwell is creating separation at the intermediate and deep level, right where offensive coordinator Norv Turner is trying to get the ball. In addition to not separating well, his pairing with QB Teddy Bridgewater is not ideal as Bridgewater is hesitant to throw into tight windows and that marriage may not play to Treadwell’s skillset.

Even when playing in the contested game, Treadwell is not as exceptional as scouting reports may indicate. Overall, he’s a solid possession receiver, but the pairing with the Vikings and Bridgewater may not be a good one unless the offense turns to a more quick-hitting passing game that takes advantage of both Bridgewater and Treadwell’s skillsets.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:02 PM

NO NO

I WANTED TED TO TRADE WITH DENVER AND GET THE EXTRA 3

Seattle outfox'd us again !!!

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:02 PM

You think? Schefter is all but semaphore-ing for QB here.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:03 PM
If I was announcing GB's pick I'd fuck with you all the name a punter....lol

ThunderDan

Wrong.

HarveyWallbangers
I'll predict one of those DTs to the Packers--which one beats the hell out of me. We could use more than one.

pbmax
Is the draft like blackjack where you can split the 27th pick?

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 10:04 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/QB/Paxton-Lynch

Paxton Lynch
School: Memphis
Position: QB

Positive: Two-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore season. Passing totals last season included 3776 yards, 28 TDs and 4 INT's. Completed 66.8% of his throws as a junior. Nice sized pocket passer with an NFL arm. Patient, buys time for receivers and displays terrific vision as well as pocket presence. Knows where receivers are on the field, makes good decisions and does not have mental lapses. Scans the field going through progressions, locates the open wide out and has the arm strength necessary to make all the throws. Delivers the ball with a fluid, over-the-top delivery, throws nice corner and fade patterns and puts air under his deeper throws, allowing receivers to run to the ball. Sells the ball fakes, looks away from the primary target and remains poised under the rush. Easily gets rid of the ball with a flick of his wrist. Quick getting outside the pocket, keeps his eyes down the field and loses nothing throwing on the run. Drives deep passes or gets the ball through the tight spots. Accurate and throws with solid pass placement.

Negative: Occasionally relies on his strong arm to make plays, trying to throw the ball through defenders. Must improve his timing. Does not always release the pass with proper footwork or follow through on his delivery.

Analysis: Lynch offers the size, arm strength and intelligence to be a starter at the next level. He needs to brush off the rough edges in his game but has the tools to be a very productive Sunday afternoon quarterback if properly coached and given time to develop.

Bretsky
You think? Schefter is all but semaphore-ing for QB here.

They just wanted the QB so they called the GM with Stones

Rastak
3. PAXTON LYNCH | Memphis 6065|244 lbs|4JR Deltona, Fla. (Trinity Christian Academy) 2/12/1994 (age 22) #12
YEAR (GP/GS) CP-ATT CP% YDS TD INT CAR YDS AVG TD GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 34 1/4 | Hand: 10 1/4 | Wingspan: 81 3/4 2013: (12/12) 203-349 58.2 2,056 9 10 88 127 1.4 2 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.86 | 10-YD: 1.69 | 20-YD: 2.81 | VJ: 36 | BJ: 09’10” | SS: 4.26 | 3C: 7.14 2014: (13/13) 259-413 62.7 3,031 22 9 113 321 2.8 13 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (13/13) 296-443 66.8 3,778 28 4 87 239 2.7 2 Total: (38/38) 758-1,205 62.9 8,865 59 23 288 687 2.4 17

BACKGROUND: A three-star quarterback recruit out of high school, Lynch had a roller coaster recruitment as he thought he was headed to Florida, but once Charlie Weis took the head coaching job at Kansas, the offer never arrived and the Gators asked him to walk on instead (Florida opted for Skyler Mornhinweg) – Lynch went under-recruited largely because he ran a Wing-T offense in high school and missed half of his senior year due to a knee bruise. Florida A&M and Memphis were his only two scholarship offers, committing to the Tigers close to signing day – UCF offered him at the last minute, but he kept his pledge to Justin Fuentes. After redshirting in 2012, Lynch won the starting quarterback job as a redshirt freshman, completing 58.2% of his passes and throwing more interceptions (10) than touchdowns (9). He showed significant improvements throughout his sophomore season, leading Memphis to 10 wins and a conference championship. Lynch finished 2014 with a school record 3,352 yards of total offense and 35 touchdowns (22 passing, 13 rushing), earning Second Team All-AAC and team MVP honors. He improved his production as a junior in 2015 and earned First-Team All-AAC honors, finishing with 66.8% completions, 3,778 passing yards and a 28-to-4 touchdownto-interception ratio, adding two scores on the ground. Lynch elected to forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Tall, lanky frame with broad shoulders and room to add more weight – built for the NFL and can take a beating…light on his feet with the athleticism and body control to climb, shuffle and slide in the pocket, buying time and adjusting his throwing platform when needed…throws with accuracy on the move and comfortable with boots and motions…strong arm to fire strikes with a quick trigger…longer arms, but easily loads and delivers in a clean motion…understands trajectory to clear levels in the defense…quick eyes to scan and make whole field reads…improved poise to sense pressure and comfortable operating from within a confined pocket – not easily rattled and stands in the face of pressure with a composed demeanor at all times…recognizes the blitz and knows his hot routes…has the arm talent to get away with throwing without a firm base…improved placement, especially on slants and in-breaking routes, to put the ball where only his man can make a play…weighed just 215 pounds when he arrived at Memphis and was a stranger to the weight room – worked hard to add 30+ pounds with more room to grow…picks up things quickly and has learned from everything he has experienced on the football field – coaches talk highly of his ability to learn quickly and apply it…confident, but not careless, especially on money downs…reserved, well-balanced personality and comfortable in his own skin – unassuming, trusts his faith and doesn’t put too much pressure on himself…unforced team-mentality and genuinely enjoys playing football, but loves the comradery with his teammates even more…set Memphis single season records for passing yards (3,778) and touchdowns (28) in 2015…won 19 games as a starter the past two seasons, including the program’s first 10-win season since the 1930s – 22-16 career record as a starter.

WEAKNESSES: Has added good weight, but still gawky and needs to continue and fill out his upper and lower body…inconsistent base and doesn’t always throw with a balanced platform, which affects his downfield accuracy – relies on arm talent, more so than any fundamentals…requires maintenance with his throwing technique, something that’s probably never been emphasized by his coaches – ball placement will improve as he refines his mechanics…internal clock is still a work-in-progress, taking sacks that he shouldn’t…smart decision-maker, but still learning which throws he should and shouldn’t make…needs work on his touch and timing to develop a better feel for his ball speeds…footwork needs tinkered with, especially on deep and flat throws to the left side of the field…athletic, but not elusive as a scrambler…all the calls in the Memphis offense came from the sideline…confident player, but not overly vocal and still developing his leadership style.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Lynch has some experience under center, but spent most of his time in the shotgun in Memphis’ movement spread offense, which implemented mostly play action and option plays – relied on screens and shorter routes, but he also tested defenses downfield more than most spread schemes. A former running back, he ran a Wing-T offense in high school and is largely self-taught at the position – hasn’t been attending quarterback camps since he could walk like most passing prospects. He is a late bloomer and still very young in football years (“kid playing a game” according to his coaches), showing vast improvement each of the last three seasons – his teammates speak highly of his work ethic and personal growth. From a scouting perspective, Lynch needs mechanical work and on-field reps, but he checks boxes for his size, athleticism, arm talent, field vision and appetite for football. His pro transition will require time and although he might not be “perfect” in every area, the ingredients are there for Lynch to develop into a successful starting NFL quarterback – high upside passer worthy of first round consideration, but needs a patient support system.

pbmax
I think the Broncos were reading the same thing red did on walterfootball.

red
NO NO

I WANTED TED TO TRADE WITH DENVER AND GET THE EXTRA 3

Seattle outfox'd us again !!!

denver needed to get ahead of us before we traded with someone else for a QB

red
04-28-2016, 10:05 PM
I think the Broncos were reading the same thing red did on walterfootball.

exactly

Bretsky
2 options......ILB......or TRADE DOWN.....all those DL are about the same

pbmax
They just wanted the QB so they called the GM with Stones

Get a drink of water B, Ted is the reigning king of the trade down.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Over/Under on # of posters that dislike the Packers pick 5.5

red
drafted defense in 1st round of 8 of last 10 drafts

and we still aren't that great on D

pbmax
Cornerback is a need ESPN? What?

George Cumby
04-28-2016, 10:07 PM
Criminy Lynch is ginormous.

ThunderDan
We haven't traded our pick yet.

red
2 options......ILB......or TRADE DOWN.....all those DL are about the same

yup, no depth in the draft at ILB, but shit tons of DTs

Bretsky
Wist does not dig Mel....your guys not on his next 10

DOUBLE COMMERCIALIZE F@CKS

pbmax
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
Packers have some need at LB, and M. Jack, Ragland still there. Heard they were big fans of DL Vernon Butler as well

red
and theres the commercial

lol

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Over/Under on # of posters that dislike the Packers pick 5.5

I'm putting 10,000 on the OVER

George Cumby
Trade down.

pbmax
Crazily, I am with red and Bretsky. Take an ILB, get back up in the 2nd for your DL.

Joemailman
Cornerback is a need ESPN? What?

We lost Hayward in FA. That's about as deep as their analysis goes.

pbmax
I'm putting 10,000 on the OVER

that is the number of posts woodblock does on the pick. :lol:

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Here are the top remaining players in the 2016 NFL Draft, based on NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt's rankings of the top 140 prospects (number by player's name is where Brandt had them originally ranked). Click here for in-depth profiles on more than 500 draft prospects.

5. Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (6-1, 243, no 40 time)

13. A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama (6-3 5/8, 307, 5.2 40)

16. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (6-5, 277, 4.86 40)

18. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (6-1 1/4, 242, 4.72 40)

21. Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama (6-2 7/8, 307, 5.2 40)

22. Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (6-3 5/8, 323, 5.17 40)

23. Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss (6-3 1/2, 294, 4.87 40)

30. Kamalei Correa, DE, Boise State (6-2 5/8, 243, 4.69 40)

32. Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama (6-2 5/8, 247, 4.54 40)

33. Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (6-4 7/8, 250, 4.66 40)

34. Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana (6-6 5/8, 301, 4.94 40)

36. Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State (6-4 1/4, 273, 4.63 40)

38. Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (5-10 3/8, 190, 4.47 40)

39. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma (5-10 1/4, 194, 4.48 40)

40. Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois (6-5 1/8, 297, 5.11 40)

41. Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State (6-5 3/4, 310, 5.03 40)

42. Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State (6-4 3/8, 314, 5.32 40)

43. Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State (6-3 3/4, 301, 5.08 40)

44. Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (6-2 5/8, 314, 5.06 40)

45. T.J. Green, S, Clemson (6-2 1/2, 209, 4.34 40)

46. Germain Ifedi, OG, Texas A&M (6-5 7/8, 324, 5.27 40)

47. Jonathan Bullard, DT, Florida (603, 285, 4.93 40)

48. Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State (5-10 3/4, 199, 4.5 40)

49. Su'a Cravens, OLB, USC (6-0 3/4, 226, 4.64 40)

50. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh (6-1 1/2, 197, 4.5 40)

51. Darian Thompson, S, Boise State (6-1 7/8, 206, 4.69 40)

52. Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor (6-0 5/8, 311, 5.05 40)

53. Devontae Booker, RB, Utah (5-10 3/4, 219, no 40 time)

54. Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska (6-1 7/8, 311, 5.03 40)

55. Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (5-11 1/2, 187, no 40 time)

56. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (6-4, 217, 4.79 40)

57. Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (6-2, 212, 4.57 40)

58. Sean Davis, CB, Maryland (6-1, 201, 4.46 40)

59. Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (6-2 5/8, 259, 4.8 40)

60. Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (6-3 5/8, 254, 4.71 40)

61. Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford (6-4 3/8, 312, 5.32 40)

62. Evan Boehm, C, Missouri (6-2 1/8, 302, 5.33 40)

63. C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame (6-0 5/8, 220, 4.48 40)

64. Jacoby Brissett, QB, North Carolina State (6-3 1/2, 230, 4.93 40)

65. Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (6-0 7/8, 221, 4.41 40)

66. Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky (6-2 1/2, 251, 4.8 40)

67. Zack Sanchez, CB, Oklahoma (5-10 7/8, 181, 4.49 40)

68. Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech (6-5 1/4, 316, 5.16 40)

69. Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State (6-6 1/8, 255, 4.87 40)

70. Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (6-0, 207, no 40 time)

Bretsky
You take a ILB here...............and then you trade UP for a DL with our 4th to get one you like round 2

pbmax
We lost Hayward in FA. That's about as deep as their analysis goes.

The Octopus (Gunter) and the Point Guard (Randall) make that immaterial.

Bretsky
I would f'cking LAUGH if I heard HUNTER HENRY

red
pick is in

Cheesehead Craig
that is the number of posts woodblock does on the pick. :lol:

Post of the night!

Guiness
04-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Ah, this place is back!

So, Ragland, Jacks and a bunch of DL that weren't supposed to drop sitting there. Would not have guessed that.

red
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

why is nkemdiche on the phone right now????????

Bretsky
not trading down

pittstang5
Well, I don't think it's JAck....he's in the Green room and not on his phone

red
04-28-2016, 10:11 PM
Crazily, I am with red and Bretsky. Take an ILB, get back up in the 2nd for your DL.

we do have 3- 4th rounders

pbmax
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17s17 seconds ago
The #Packers pick a very #Packers pick. At No. 27 they grab #UCLA DT Kenny Clark.

Rastak
Kenny Clark to GB

Bretsky
RAGLAND JACK

pittstang5
WTF...lol

esoxx
Blow me!!!

jklowan
what the fuck

red
04-28-2016, 10:12 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFF

theres the latest TT d-line high draft bust

Striker
MCGINN WAS RIGHT

Rastak
6. KENNY CLARK | UCLA 6025|314 lbs|3JR San Bernardino, Calif. (Carter) 10/4/1995 (age 20) #97
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2013: (13/4) 31 4.0 1.0 1 MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 1/8 | Hand: 10 1/2 | Wingspan: 79 2014: (13/13) 58 5.5 0.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 5.06 | 10-YD: 1.72 | 20-YD: 2.90 | BP: 29 | VJ: 28.5 | BJ: 08’06” | SS: 4.62 2015: (13/13) 75 11.0 6.0 0 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) Total: (39/30) 164 20.5 7.0 1

BACKGROUND: A four-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Kenneth “Kenny” Clark received offers from almost every West Coast program, committing to UCLA – also won a heavyweight division wrestling title in high school. He worked his way into the starting line-up as a true freshman (four starts), recording 31 tackles, 4.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack. Clark started all 13 games as a sophomore in 2014, finishing with 58 tackles and 5.5 tackles for loss, earning Second Team AllPac 12 honors. He again started all 13 games as a junior in 2015 and finished second on the team with 75 tackles, setting career-highs in tackles for loss (11.0) and sacks (6.0) to earn First Team All-Pac 12 honors. Clark elected to forego his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Plays with low hips, leverage and several wrestling maneuvers that translate from the mat to the football field…flexible athlete with body control and redirection skills to pursue and break down in short spaces…strong upper body with a powerful rip-and-club move to swat at the point of attack…initial quickness off the snap to stack-and-shed the initial blocks, drive his feet and break through the line of scrimmage…understands hand placement and works hard to gain inside positioning – quick punch, shooting his reach to engage blockers…balanced feet through congestion with range to make stops away from the line of scrimmage…quick to recognize screens and make plays in pursuit – impressive tackle total as a junior, finishing second on the team with 75 stops…maintains technique and backfield vision through contact to generate movement and attract double-teams…aggressive demeanor and determined individual…excellent work habits and treats practice like a game – well respected team captain, who is more mature than his age suggests (father went to prison when Kenny was nine years old, taking on a ‘man of the house’ role)…experience on offense in red zone situations as a lead blocker and tight end – three-yard touchdown reception in the 2015 season opener.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks elite size and growth potential for the position with only average length…tends to stop his feet at the point of attack, relying on his upper body to shed blocks – caught up hand-fighting…inconsistent locating skills with a bad habit of ducking his head at contact – late to plays outside the hashes, lacking closing burst to finish…moved from his spot and beat by angle blocks, cutting him off from run lanes…struggles to string together moves as a pass rusher…doesn’t come off the field much, which will cause him to take plays off, loafing at times when the play isn’t run at him.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Clark lined up primarily as a nose tackle and one-technique in UCLA’s 4-3 base defense, often in a frog stance with both hands in the dirt – was a high school wrestling champ and translates a lot of those techniques to the football field. He is powerful at the point of attack to overwhelm blockers and re-establish the line of scrimmage, shutting down the middle of the field vs. the run – a lot of “almost” plays, beating blockers, but just a step away from the ballcarrier. While still developing his pass rush catalogue, Clark flashes the violence, agility and motor to twist and drive blockers backwards, projecting as a threedown interior lineman in an even or odd front, similar to San Diego Chargers defensive lineman Corey Liuget – stout run defender with potential to be more, deserving of top-35 consideration.

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/DT/Kenny-Clark

Kenny Clark
School: UCLA
Position: DT

Positive: Two-year starter awarded All-America and all-Conference honors as a junior after 75 tackles, 11 tackles for loss and 6 sacks. Athletic and explosive defensive line prospect with potential in a variety of systems. Plays with proper knee bend and pad level and consistently gets leverage on opponents. Keeps his feet moving, displays power in his lower body and the ability to bull rush opponents off the line. Shows tremendous quickness in his game, easily changes direction and has the ability to make tackles in the open field. Competes, finds ways to get off blocks and makes plays behind the line of scrimmage.

Negative: Despite his statistics not a sure handed tackler. More of a straight-line pass rusher and not effective if asked to twist or stunt.

Analysis: Clark is a smart, tough defensive line prospect with a large upside. He offers possibilities at defensive tackle on the interior of a four-man line and can even play defensive end in certain two gap systems. I would expect him to move into a starting lineup by the end of his rookie season.

George Cumby
Lol!

He's a lunch pail TT pick.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Shit. That blows the over/under. Gonna be more like 15.5

Bretsky
Here are the top remaining players in the 2016 NFL Draft, based on NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt's rankings of the top 140 prospects (number by player's name is where Brandt had them originally ranked). Click here for in-depth profiles on more than 500 draft prospects.

WE GOT 44 Woody !!

pbmax
Took the closest Raji clone. Man, need pick. I hate it, even as I hope he is worth it.

woodbuck27

and Ted Thompson picks:

red
04-28-2016, 10:14 PM
a guy we probably could have gotten a little later

like usual

esoxx
Ninth first round pick in last 11 drafts. Keep flinging shit on the wall TT, something has to stick.

Bretsky
Fucktard; thanksted.............LOL....IMO....this dude is about the same as 5 other guys at he same position.

woodbuck27
WE GOT 44 Woody !!

That's our Teddy Bear !

Holy Shit !

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:15 PM
HEY, I THINK I WON 10,000

Striker
Shit. That blows the over/under. Gonna be more like 15.5

Over just got smashed.

Cheesehead Craig
MCGINN WAS RIGHT

Damn, gotta give him props.

pbmax
I guess losing Raji really rattled their cages. Guessing that longer deal was not a smokescreen from BJ.

Zool
This makes me happier than you can ever know.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:16 PM
That's our Teddy Bear !

Holy Shit !

Ted must have thought he traded down ! :cry:

Cheesehead Craig
HEY, I THINK I WON 10,000

Mad can pay you in rep points

Bretsky
Tell that to Justin Harrell.

Justin Harrell sucked. Hated that pick. Hated Sherrod. Don't hate this one; don't love it. WISH I WAS NOT WATCHING IT. Nothing exciting about this pick at all

pbmax
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
I talked to Clark at the Combine about his wrestling background. Him and Mike Daniels have that in common. Said Daniels is a favorite.

red
lol, the team in front of us trades down and the team behind us trades down

and we reach

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:17 PM
This makes me happier than you can ever know.

You enjoy the moaning?

Bretsky
DAMMIT

DID SOMEBODY ELSE JUST TRADE UP ???????????????????????

wist43
I like Clark... but wanted Billings. Think Billings solves a problem, whereas Clark is more of what we already have.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:18 PM
Damn, gotta give him props.

Ted didn't want to upset McGinn any more.

Rastak
From FoxSports:

One of the younger players available in the draft at 20 years old, Clark has the unique ability to dominate at times from the DT spot. He was a wrestler in high school and that type of leverage knowledge shows up on a regular basis in tight spaces. He has to get better as a pass rusher, but that is mostly technique-oriented, which should come with time, because remember he won't be 21 until this fall. His potential is endless and I am more bullish on him than others. -- Joel Klatt

Bretsky
lol, the team in front of us trades down and the team behind us trades down

and we reach

WHO WANTS AN EXTRA 3rd ROUND PICK ANYWAYS
???????????????????

Zool
You enjoy the moaning?

I really do. It's like me complaining about NASA using an astronaut I don't like for their next mission to the ISS.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:19 PM
3. JOSHUA GARNETT | Stanford 6043|312 lbs|4SR Puyallup, Wash. (Puyallup) 2/21/1994 (age 22) #51
YEAR (GP/GS) GRADE 2nd-3rd Round 2012: (14/1) 1 LG MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 7/8 | Hand: 10 1/8 | Wingspan: 81 7/8 2013: (13/4) 1 LG, 3 UB COMBINE 40-YD: 5.32 | 10-YD: 1.84 | 20-YD: 3.05 | BP: 30 | VJ: 29 | BJ: 08’03” | SS: 4.64 | 3C: 7.62 2014: (13/13 12 LG, 1 UB PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (14/14) 14 LG Total: (54/32) 28 LG, 4 UB

BACKGROUND: A four-star offensive guard recruit out of high school, Joshua “Josh” Garnett was wooed by dozens of top programs and eventually narrowed down his choice to Stanford and Michigan, choosing the Cardinal. He began as a back-up in 2012 and started one game, becoming the first true freshman lineman to start at Stanford since 2000. Garnett started four games as a sophomore in 2013 before becoming a full-time starter at left guard in 2014. He started all 14 games as a senior in 2015 and racked up the accolades as a unanimous All-American and First Team All-Pac 12 performer. Garnett became the first player in school history to win the Outland Trophy, also taking home the Morris Trophy as the Pac-12’s top offensive lineman. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Proportionate body thickness with long arms and a stout core…country strong, heavy jabs and able to match power with power…shock absorbers for hands with the aggressiveness to halt and control momentum at the point of attack…quick off the snap and rarely surprised…rolls his hips at contact to overwhelm and drive his target from the spot…turns his body to wall off run lanes and shield defenders from the ball…active puller with the coordination to advance downfield and convert to a second-level blocker…mean-spirited and sets the tempo on the field…high football aptitude with the requisite mental alertness…well-spoken ambassador of the program with the desired intangibles in or away from the building – plans to attend medical school to be a surgeon after his playing days…NFL bloodlines – father (Scott) was an eighth round pick in the 1984 NFL Draft, playing four seasons in the NFL on the defensive line…durable and coachable starter with 32 starts on his collegiate résumé.

WEAKNESSES: Not a light mover and shows tightness in short spaces…needs to stay balanced in space, allowing his upper half to overextend past his feet…not an explosive player at the point of attack…overeager blocking appetite, leading to whiffs, and needs to add more patience to his diet…too much of a waist bender and needs to use consistent sink with his joints…struggles to re-anchor once he loses initial leverage – Oregon’s DeForest Buckner exposed this on several reps…hand placement needs fine-tuning, landing his punches outside…susceptible to quickness in pass protection, relying too much on his reach and not bringing his feet with him…lacks starting experience at center or right guard.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Stanford, Garnett was a consistent force at left guard and the heartbeat of one of the steadiest offensive lines at the college level the past few seasons. He does an adequate job in pass protection, but his bread-and-butter is his run blocking, using heavy hands and finishing instincts to win the point of attack. Although he’s not the best-conditioned lineman, Garnett has just enough athleticism for the position, relying on his mechanics, coaching and brute power to win snaps. He won’t dominate at the NFL level like he did in the Pac-12, but the skill-set and intelligence are there for him to be a dependable starter at the next level, ideally suited for a power scheme.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:20 PM
we do have 3- 4th rounders

PB finally joining the geniuses..............lol

woodbuck27
This about sums up Ted's pick:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/sciam/cache/file/E2634799-5DEC-4DBC-A365E42D50D12A9E_agenda.jpg?w=600&h=335

pbmax
I really do. It's like me complaining about NASA using an astronaut I don't like for their next mission to the ISS.

That's why the bump thread happens.

Bretsky
WHO TRADED BACK ?? Was it the Chiefs ?

Rastak
From PFF (They didn't like the Vikes pick either):

27. Green Bay Packers: Kenny Clark | Grade: C+
Often overlooked in a deep defensive line class, Clark is a strong run defender that can push the pocket with the best bull rush in the draft. There’s not a clean fit along the defensive line for Clark, but he’ll likely play defensive end in their 3-4 scheme while dabbling inside at nose tackle. He’s not a pure nose, as he wins in the running game by reading blocks and getting up and down the line of scrimmage, and he sometimes struggles with power at the point of attack.

Clark finished at +43.9 overall — good for 12th in the loaded class — and finishing fifth in the nation with 34 run stops. His excellent run game instincts will give him an early-down role, though he has to develop more than just a bull rush as a pass rusher, as he rarely wins with speed either to the outside or inside of blockers.

red
04-28-2016, 10:21 PM

just as long as its not jessica meir, she's fucking worthless

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 10:24 PM

make 'em stay in the inflatable habitat!

Joemailman
I would have liked to see a trade down, but I'm okay with this pick. Probably offers more of a pass rush than Billings or Reed.

Gonna be some good big guys at start of 2nd round though. Might see some trades.

mraynrand
BPA BPA BPA!!!!

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Datone Jones ‏@IAM_Dat_One 9m9 minutes ago
Ayeeeeeee lets freaking go. I promise this kid is very special. @KCBoutThatLife Congrats bro

3irty1
04-28-2016, 10:25 PM
On the one hand I feel great about Clark considering Ted liked him even with all those other guys there.

On the other hand this is a 1st round DL picked by Ted.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:26 PM
4. ROBERT NKEMDICHE | Ole Miss 6034|294 lbs|3JR Loganville, Ga. (Grayson) 9/19/1994 (age 21) #5
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2013: (11/10) 29 7.0 3.0 0 (6 DE, 4 DT) MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 7/8 | Hand: 10 3/4 | Wingspan: 80 5/8 2014: (13/13) 35 4.0 2.0 0 (DT) COMBINE 40-YD: 4.87 | 10-YD: 1.67 | 20-YD: 2.84 | BP: 28 | VJ: 35 | BJ: 09’08” 2015: (11/11) 34 8.0 2.0 0 (DT) PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) Total: (35/34) 98 19.0 7.0 0 PRONUNCIATION kim-DEE-chee

BACKGROUND: A five-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Nkemdiche was considered the consensus No. 1 recruit in the country and originally committed to Clemson (along with his high school teammate Wayne Gallman), but reopened his recruitment late in the process, choosing Ole Miss (where his older brother plays) over LSU. He started 10 games as a true freshman and finished with 29 tackles, 7.0 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks, earning Freshman All-American and All-SEC honors. Nkemdiche started all 13 games in 2014 as a sophomore, recording 35 tackles, 4.0 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks to earn All-American honors from some outlets. He started 11 games in 2015 as a junior and finished with 34 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks to earn All-American honors. Nkemdiche chose to skip his senior season to enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Trimmed, well-conditioned body type with broad shoulders and a muscular frame…balanced athlete with excellent flexibility and bend…explosive off the ball to launch himself with cat-like quickness and a quick trigger…lateral agility to skillfully cross the face of blockers, using his hip-action to sink and redirect without losing momentum to his target…very good in pursuit, playing with range and closing burst…strong, aggressive hands to extend, punch and drive, forcing blockers backwards into the pocket – active hands to shed and keep himself free…plays low to the ground to beat blockers with leverage…naturally powerful and has room to get even stronger…versatile skill-set with experience inside and outside on the defensive line – also saw snaps on offense and special teams at Ole Miss (career rushing: 5/32/0; and receiving: 1/31/1).

WEAKNESSES: Tends to play too fast and out of control, hindering his ability to break down in tight areas…bad habit of turning his body once engaged to lean into blockers instead of consistently anchoring or using his hands…gap integrity and on-field discipline need improved, selling out and losing sight of the ball – also needs to clean up the offsides penalties…unimpressive career production with only 19.0 tackles for loss and 7.0 sacks over 34 starts, disappearing for stretches during games…minor durability concerns – missed two games as a freshman due to a strained left hamstring (Oct. 2013) and one game as a junior due to a concussion (Oct. 2015)…inconsistent responses from hard coaching – does he want to be great?…off-field decision-making and accountability require investigation – arrested and charged with possession of marijuana (Dec. 2015), injuring himself falling from a 15-foot wall after crawling out a fourth-floor window (suspended for Sugar Bowl)…sued, along with his older brother Denzel, for allegedly attacking an Ole Miss student – Nkemdiches have countersued and the case is on-going.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Nkemdiche was the lauded as the consensus top recruit out of high school and although he never quite lived up to that high-billing on a consistent basis, he showed flashes of dominance with an athletic and powerful skill-set for his size – split his playing time between defensive end and defensive tackle at Ole Miss and fits several positions on the defensive line. Nkemdiche has above average athleticism and uses his movement skills and lower body fluidity to skirt blockers and easily change directions. Although he sees plenty of double-teams and affects the game far more than what the box score says, his lack of production is a concern with only seven sacks in 34 career starts. Nkemdiche has explosive traits for the position, but he is still learning the game and needs to develop his ball awareness and discipline – his personal character and questionable football passion are also wildcards. Overall, Nkemdiche is one of the top-10 talents in the 2016 draft class because of his ability to get upfield in any scheme and penetrate gaps, but he isn’t one of the top-10 football players and teams will view him as a high risk/high reward type of prospect – likely lands in the late first round.

pbmax
Yes, a pet panther is a good sign of a maturing person.

:roll:

Bretsky
Ayeeeeeee lets freaking go. I promise this kid is very special. @KCBoutThatLife Congrats bro

Another UCLA guy.............great...that's it............Let's just draft a bunch of Fresno State guys now....lol

red

as special as you?

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:27 PM
On the one hand I feel great about Clark considering Ted liked him even with all those other guys there.

On the other hand this is a 1st round DL picked by Ted.

Not much injury history here. Young and five year deal.

ThunderDan
Yes, a pet panther is a god sign of a maturing person.

It's refreshing.

Bretsky

Remember Jervey and Leshon Johnson and their wildlife pets ?

esoxx

You should know about special Dat_One

ThunderDan
04-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Still the best spell check in a game day thread. Fat one Jones.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2016, 10:30 PM

Why do I suddenly have Glen Hubbard's baseball card photo in my head?

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 10:30 PM
http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruin_football/2016/4/27/11517956/ucla-bruins-football-nfl-draft-profile-defensive-tackle-kenny-clark-projections-stats-results

UCLA Football: NFL Draft Profile - DT Kenny Clark

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/J53JyXrcGtEUSpy_76vwd0WcF6E=/0x989:3053x3024/1310x873/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49421237/usa-today-8863602.0.jpg

NFL Combine Results:

NFL Combine Tale of the Tape

Height 6'3" ... Weight 314 lbs. ... Arm Length 32.125 inches ... Hands 10.5 inches

Source: NFL.com .... NFL Combine Physical Tests

40-Yard Dash 5.06 seconds ; Bench Press 29 reps ; Vertical Jump 28.5 inches

Broad Jump 102.0 inches ; 20-Yard Shuttle 4.62 seconds

Source: NFL.com

While the NFL Combine has a tendency to be a "meat market" with its measurements and physical tests, Clark shined at UCLA Pro Day. He did the three-cone drill in 7.73 seconds and, overall, his Pro Day workout helped his draft stock rise.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Eric Thompson ‏@eric_j_thompson 8s8 seconds ago
Rapoport is going to be High Times Man of the Year at this rate with all these Tunsil reports.

red
04-28-2016, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMJdxcRmgkI

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:32 PM
There's been misconceptions about the perceptions.........Robert Nkemdiche

Bretsky
One of Ted's asst's trade down about five slots and pick up a 3rd
Ted picks
Another of Ted's asst GM's trades back about 7 picks and get an extra 4th and 6th round pick

I'm hoping Patler is right; I am ready for Eliott Wolf

Striker
WE GOT 44 Woody !!

32 on Kiper's list, 27 on CBSSports, 41 on McShay's #2 DT on McGinn's list, 58 on PFF, 39 on Mayock's, 39 on Jeremiah's.

In conclusion, these late first/early second rounders are all muddled together.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Announce the 30th pick assholes.....

wist43
The thing about Clark is that he doesn't have any special traits... he's okay at everything, but he doesn't have good power, he doesn't have good speed, he doesn't have good quickness. He's just a little better than average at everything.

I think he'll be a poor man's Mike Daniels. He's a little bigger than Daniels, but he's not nearly the player Daniels is.

Cheesehead Craig
Ted picks
Another of Ted's asst GM's trades back about 7 picks and get an extra 4th and 6th round pick

They are just trying to catch up with all the picks he's taken over the years. They each want the record!

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 10:34 PM
The thing about Clark is that he doesn't have any special traits... he's okay at everything, but he doesn't have good power, he doesn't have good speed, he doesn't have good quickness. He's just a little better than average at everything.

I think he'll be a poor man's Mike Daniels. He's a little bigger than Daniels, but he's not nearly the player Daniels is.He leads the nation in batted down passes.:-)

Pugger
04-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Nobody seems to like this pick. Then I guess he'll be just fine. ;-)

Striker
04-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Announce the 30th pick assholes.....

Nope. Here's some commercials first.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:35 PM
7. VERNON BUTLER | Louisiana Tech 6035|323 lbs|4SR Summit, Miss. (North Pike) 6/14/1994 (age 21) #9
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2012: (11/0) 21 1.5 0.0 0 MEASUREABLES Arm: 35 | Hand: 10 | Wingspan: 83 7/8 2013: (11/1) 43 4.5 1.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 5.33 | 10-YD: 1.82 | 20-YD: 3.07 | BP: 26 | VJ: 29.5 | BJ: 08’08” | SS: 4.76 | 3C: 7.82 2014: (14/14) 56 13.5 1.0 1 PRO DAY 40-YD: 5.15 | VJ: 33.5 | BJ: 09’03” 2015: (13/13) 50 10.0 3.0 0 Total: (49/28) 170 29.5 5.0 1

BACKGROUND: A two star recruit out of high school, Vernon “Big Vern” Butler received offers from SEC programs Ole Miss and Mississippi State, but he fell in love with Louisiana Tech and chose to play his college ball in Ruston, Louisiana. He was a back-up as a true freshman and sophomore, but saw his snaps increase each game and earned his first start in 2013. Butler became a full-time starter in 2014 as a junior and recorded a career-best 56 tackles and 13.5 tackles for loss, earning All-Conference USA Honorable Mention honors. He returned for his senior season and earned First Team All-Conference USA honors with 50 tackles, 10.0 tackles for loss and a career-best 3.0 sacks. Butler accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Wide-hipped and carries his weight well…short-area quickness and lateral range to work up and down the line of scrimmage and sidestep blocks…strong upper body to create movement off the snap, using his balance and length to extend into blocks and convert initial step to power…coordinated movements to work off blocks and stay within striking distance – sees through blockers with improved tracking awareness…excellent pursuit speed and playing range for his size…active hands and reach to stack the corner and work to get free…hits behind his pads with the closing surge…plays with energy and shows the same intensity in the fourth quarter as the opening drive…consistent competitor and senior captain with a strong football appetite (Louisiana Tech quarterback Jeff Driskel: “He loves the game of football”)…sturdy and battle-tested, starting every game the last two seasons.

WEAKNESSES: Plays too upright off the snap and relies on his upper body power instead of using leverage and knee bend…strong when squared, but struggles to control blocks when not nose-to-nose, limiting his ability to break free and make stops on ballcarriers in the gap…narrow-shouldered and needs to do a better job keeping blockers from his body, maintaining space to better create separation…active hands and limbs, but needs to show more purpose and strategy behind his rush moves – minimal sack production in college.

SUMMARY: Butler lined up all over Louisiana Tech’s multiple front, spending most of his time at three- and five-technique spots and moving inside to nose tackle in passing situations. He flashes on tape with the lower body athleticism and upper body power to stack blockers and make stops at or behind the line of scrimmage (23.5 tackles for loss as a starter). Butler plays balanced on his feet with coordinated movements, but needs to improve his pad level to better clear single blockers when not squared up. Although he needs to develop his pass rush technique, Butler will appeal to both even and odd fronts with his relentless playing temperament, lateral quickness and power to control the point of attack.

pittstang5
04-28-2016, 10:36 PM
but he's not nearly the player Daniels is....YET He's young and still growing.

This pick is not sexy at all, but it's not a waste either.

ThunderDan
04-28-2016, 10:37 PM

I think he'll be a poor man's Mike Daniels. He's a little bigger than Daniels, but he's not nearly the player Daniels is.

He is also 20 years old. Give him 3 years and he could be a top DL in the NFL.

pittstang5
04-28-2016, 10:37 PM
announce the damn pick so i can go to bed

mraynrand
04-28-2016, 10:40 PM
Ted picks

par for the course - sucks to be stuck with a shitty GM

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:40 PM
7. GERMAIN IFEDI | Texas A&M 6056|324 lbs|4JR Houston, Texas (Westside) 6/2/1994 (age 21) #74
YEAR (GP/GS) GRADE 2nd-3rd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 36 | Hand: 10 3/4 | Wingspan: 84 3/4 2013: (13/13) 13 RG COMBINE 40-YD: 5.27 | 10-YD: 1.79 | 20-YD: 3.04 | BP: 24 | VJ: 32.5 | BJ: 09’01” | SS: 4.75 2014: (11/11) 11 RT PRO DAY N/A 2015: (13/13) 13 RT PRONUNCIATION if-FED-ee Total: (37/37) 24 RT, 13 RG

BACKGROUND: A three-star offensive guard recruit out of high school, Ifedi declared to Texas A&M over offers from Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State and Mississippi State. After redshirting in 2012, he earned the starting right guard job as a redshirt freshman in 2013, starting all 13 games. Ifedi moved to right tackle as a sophomore and started 11 games, missing two due to injury. After practicing at left tackle during the spring, he stayed at right tackle as a junior in 2015 and started all 13 games, earning Second Team All-SEC honors. Ifedi decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Built well for the NFL with a wide base and broad shoulders, making it a chore for rushers to get around him…stout and tough to move, rarely put on his heels…light lower body, moving well laterally to cut off speed and seal…quick feet to set up shop and mirror in space…nice job with angles to wall of run lanes…vines for arms, using his reach to absorb rushers and create separation between him and defenders…aggressive in protection with the upper body strength to control blocks…three-year starter with experience at both tackle and guard (37 career starts)…well-spoken with the required intelligence on and off the field…NFL bloodlines – older brother (Martin) was a defensive end at Memphis and seventh round draft pick of the St. Louis Rams in the 2015 NFL Draft.

WEAKNESSES: Wide stance, but allows his base to narrow due to sloppy footwork…retreats too much off the snap and gets lazy with his feet…heavy leaner with a bad habit of lunging at the waist in his pass-sets…tall pad level and plays with hip tightness, struggling to bend consistently at his knees…late and wild hands, allowing rushers to attack his body and jolt him…unreliable mechanics and poor hand placement, hugging defenders – unorganized and out of control…needs to improve his focus to eliminate false start penalties…tends to get complacent, falling asleep at the wheel…missed two games his sophomore season due to a grade two MCL knee sprain (Nov. 2014)…was given opportunity to compete for starting left tackle job in 2015 spring practice, but struggled at the new position.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter in College Station, Ifedi started his career at guard before moving outside to right tackle where he started the last two seasons. He was considered the next in line of Texas A&M left tackles destined for the NFL Draft’s first round (2013: Luke Joeckel, 2014: Jake Matthews, 2015: Cedric Ogbuehi), but struggled to make the transition to the left side and showed more flashes than consistency for the Aggies. Ifedi has first round quality feet with excellent range in pass protection for his size, but plays too messy from the waist up and needs aggressive coaching in the NFL. Although his chaotic technique leads to balance issues, he can be as good as he wants if his discipline improves – top-64 prospect, but a dark horse first round possibility because of his lower body traits and moldable skillset.

Rastak
04-28-2016, 10:41 PM
And that be the 1st round.......good stuff.

Good night and see you tomorrow most likely.....

Striker
04-28-2016, 10:41 PM
par for the course - sucks to be stuck with a shitty GM

All part of Thompson's master plan to keep the Packers in the playoffs but never winning the Super Bowl. I hear he collects a $10M bonus each year he keeps the team under the cap.

Bretsky
04-28-2016, 10:44 PM
I don't dislike the pick
I disliked the job our GM did

Seattle trades down 5 picks and gets a 3rd round pick. GB makes that deal and good chance they get the same player, or one very similar.
KC trades down 7 picks and picks up an extra 4th and 6th. He might have been there too.

Those picks could have been very valuable in moving back into round two if need be

In the end, it will be interested to see if Kenny Clark has a better career than both NFL ready DL'man from Alabama, expecially Robinsin. And is his career better than a 3rd round draft pick and one of those players better ?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 10:46 PM
WE GOT 44 Woody !!

Not on my board that I posted earlier today. I had Reed and Butler slightly higher, but it's hard to be too upset since I had those three as the class of the DT group--outside of Sheldon Rankins (who is a better fit in a 4-3 defense).

MY TOP 40 PROSPECTS

1 Jalen Ramsey
2 Myles Jack*
3 Joey Bosa
4 Jaylon Smith*
5 Laremy Tunsil
6 DeForest Buckner
7 Carson Wentz
8 Jack Conklin
9 Ezekiel Elliott
10 Ronnie Stanley
11 Darron Lee
12 Vernon Hargreaves
13 Jared Goff
14 Sheldon Rankins
15 Leonard Floyd
16 Laquon Treadwell
17 Josh Doctson
18 Jarran Reed
19 Vernon Butler
20 Paxton Lynch
21 Shaq Lawson
22 Kenny Clark
23 Ryan Kelly
24 Emmanuel Ogbah
25 Taylor Decker
26 A'Shawn Robinson
27 Reggie Ragland
28 Andrew Billings
29 Eli Apple
30 William Jackson
31 Kamalei Correa
32 Karl Joseph
33 Corey Coleman
34 Sterling Shepard
35 Mackensie Alexander
36 Jason Spriggs
37 Germain Ifedi
38 Vonn Bell
39 Cody Whitehair
40 Joshua Garnett

KYPack
04-28-2016, 10:46 PM
How would he, like, know?

Maybe the two of 'em know some guy at UCLA that can play.

Striker
04-28-2016, 10:48 PM
I don't dislike the pick

Seattle trades down 5 picks and gets a 3rd round pick. GB makes that deal and good chance they get the same player, or one very similar.
KC trades down 7 picks and picks up an extra 4th and 6th. He might have been there too.

Those picks could have been very valuable in moving back into round two if need be

In the end, it will be interested to see if Kenny Clark has a better career than both NFL ready DL'man from Alabama, expecially Robinsin. And is his career better than a 3rd round draft pick and one of those players better ?

Do the DLs from Alabama fit the NT position/the Packers scheme?

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Remember Jervey and Leshon Johnson and their wildlife pets ?

The only thing better was Holmgren's reaction.

George Cumby
04-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Nobody seems to like this pick. Then I guess he'll be just fine. ;-)

Lol!

George Cumby
04-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Obviously, TT doesn't know what he's doing and the whole draft is a waste.

Striker
04-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Obviously, TT doesn't know what he's doing and the whole draft is a waste.

Season's already over. Just give the Packers the 22nd pick next year and be done with it.

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 10:54 PM
I don't dislike the pick

Denver probably doesn't make that trade with the Packers. If they did, some other team that wanted Lynch could make a deal with Seattle to beat Denver to Lynch. I would have been okay with a different trade down, but obviously TT liked Clark. We'll see.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Do the DLs from Alabama fit the NT position/the Packers scheme?

Reed is a great run plugger with little pass rush ability. Robinson has questions about his motor.

Going deeper, it's a good group, but there were minor questions about all these guys. Nkemdiche has questions about his motor also. I think Billings is more of a 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE or NT. Rankins and Bullard are better fits in a 4-3. Austin Johnson had the worst measurables of the group.

That's probably why Clark was more appealing. TT and MM seem to be emphasizing the pass rush more and more as the years go by, so I think it probably came down to Clark vs. Butler. I had Butler slightly higher overall, very slightly. I had Clark higher in the effort and toughness category. The overall measurables were about the same. I had Butler as a bit better as a run defender. Clark with a bit more potential as a pass rusher.

pbmax
04-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Cowboys tried to trade back into the first round, and I'm told it was for #Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. They couldn't do it.

3irty1
04-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Seems like a very safe pick. Guy already looks like an effective leverage dude. Like a faster Guion. Hard to really get a feel for how athletic he can be since he's still just a baby.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Seems like a very safe pick. Guy already looks like an effective leverage dude. Like a faster Guion. Hard to really get a feel for how athletic he can be since he's still just a baby.

Athletically, he's at or near the top amongst the top 3-4 NTs in the draft. Him and Vernon Butler. I used a modified SPARC that I took off a Seahawks site, and for overall athleticism here's how the top 3-4 NTs ranked:

1 Vernon Butler
2 Kenny Clark
3 Andrew Billings
4 Vincent Valentine
5 Jarran Reed
6 D.J. Reader
7 A'Shawn Robinson
8 Austin Johnson

wist43
04-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Clark doesn't have pro-bowl potential, and as I said in an earlier post, he doesn't possess any special traits.

He's just a pretty good, unspectacular football player. I want to be okay with the pick, but there were a lot of good players - better players - on the board than Clark. That's why it's disappointing for me.

Think he has a limited ceiling.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Boy, Myles Jack's knee must be really bad. That really sucks for him. I would not mind taking a flyer here on him.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Pugger

" Nobody seems to like this pick. Then I guess he'll be just fine. "

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/monkey-dancing-one-foot-10049995.jpg

I.....love it !

gbgary
04-28-2016, 11:13 PM
maybe ted will put something together and move up in the 2nd and get an ilb.

woodbuck27
04-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Denver probably doesn't make that trade with the Packers. If they did, some other team that wanted Lynch could make a deal with Seattle to beat Denver to Lynch. I would have been okay with a different trade down, but obviously TT liked Clark. We'll see.

John Elway was frighten to death that TT might take Paxton Lynch.

3irty1
04-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Athletically, he's at or near the top amongst the top 3-4 NTs in the draft. Him and Vernon Butler. I used a modified SPARC that I took off a Seahawks site, and for overall athleticism here's how the top 3-4 NTs ranked:

1 Vernon Butler
2 Kenny Clark
3 Andrew Billings
4 Vincent Valentine
5 Jarran Reed
6 D.J. Reader
7 A'Shawn Robinson
8 Austin Johnson

That's encouraging considering he won't even be 21 until October. Uber young guys tend to underperform in measureables.

Striker
04-28-2016, 11:25 PM

Actually, it's probably because the Cowboys were angling to move up too. And if the Broncos suspected the Packers would deal with the Cowboys, they need to leapfrog the Cowboys.

mraynrand
04-29-2016, 12:15 AM

?

not likely