PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from the top linebackers!

Patler
04-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Jaylon Smith may never play again.

Myles Jack acknowledged today that he does have a degenerative condition in his knee and has been told microfracture surgery may be required.

Ragland has an enlarged aorta, which is a condition that has caused sudden death in a lot of younger people.

Noah Spence did enough drugs to be banned from the Big 10.

Nice collection.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2016, 02:37 PM
On the flip side it could be a chance for a team drafting late to get a future superstar. There have been a few guys (Brett Favre being the obvious one) that had medical red flags who turned out alright.

Patler
04-28-2016, 02:55 PM
On the flip side it could be a chance for a team drafting late to get a future superstar. There have been a few guys (Brett Favre being the obvious one) that had medical red flags who turned out alright.

It is always interesting to hear the different takes one team's medical staff will take compared to another team's staff. Some are said to have thought Favre would be lucky to have a 10-year career because of his hip. The articles on Smith have some saying he is virtually off their board, and others saying he will be fine in 2017.

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Our own Eddie Lacy took a tumble going into the 2013 draft. He was injury prone and lacked passion some said. Check out this PFT article: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/eddie-lacy-surprisingly-tumbles/

Aside from his self-inflicted issues from last year, he's been a pretty good player for the Pack, so I guess he beat the odds that some were giving him.

Someone is going to be rewarded with one of these players that slides down the board because of medical concerns, some founded, others just flat worry that turns into indecision. Jaylon Smith I'd be worried about when it comes to the unknown of nerve regeneration, however, I do think I would take a chance on him in the 4th round. His surgeon is the Dallas Cowboys team physician and he said teams should not be overly concerned that his nerve regeneration is not the same as others. It will happen in it's own time. Everything I've read about this kid says winner. He's self-driven and has incredible outlook on things, especially for someone who suffered a catastrophic injury at the end of their college career as he did. I am a fan of his as a person, not just as a player. I wish him well not matter who he goes to, and I really hope he makes it back.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Things went pretty well for Todd Gurley just last year. Medical science works wonders nowadays.

That said, I think TT does not draft any of the guys mentioned in Patler's original post.

Joemailman
04-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Ragland has an enlarged aorta, which is a condition that has caused sudden death in a lot of younger people.

On the other hand, gotta love a guy with a big heart.

red
04-28-2016, 05:09 PM
this is why we need(ed) to get an ILB in free agency

we can't go another fucking year without a starting quality middle LB not named clay

on the flip side, at 27 i would still take any of those 4 if i was picking, except maybe spense just cause OLB isn't as big of a need. jack i think would make an interesting ILB