PDA

View Full Version : Round 2

Pages : [1] 2

Patler
04-29-2016, 10:18 AM
I anticipate an immediate rush on all the players who many expected to go in Round 1, so by the time the Packers pick comes up their options will be about what we expected earlier in the week. Ragland will be gone. Henry will be gone. Robinson & Reed will be gone. Etc.

That said, should GB be trying to trade up into the early second round?
To get who?

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2016, 10:21 AM
I think Ted stays put and double dips into the DT pool. There will be a run on them, something like 4 in 7 picks, but I think he'll hold steady and not trade up.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 10:31 AM
My draft board for the Packers would look like this right now:

ILB Reggie Ragland
TE Hunter Henry
ILB Deion Jones
OG Cody Whitehair
OLB Kamalei Correa
OT Shon Coleman
ILB Joshua Perry
DE Chris Jones
DT Jarran Reed
DE Jonathan Bullard
CB Xavien Howard
DT A'Shawn Robinson
OLB Noah Spence
WR Sterling Shepard
DE Bronson Kaufusi
OLB Kyler Fackrell
DE Jihad Ward
CB Kendall Fuller
OLB Jordan Jenkins

No idea where Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith might go.

pbmax
04-29-2016, 10:35 AM
Can anyone photoshop a Bong Mask onto Ragland or Jones before 6 PM tonight?

I can get it covered on Twitter.

mraynrand
04-29-2016, 10:37 AM
Good list Harv. I think you're probably close. I still think the O-line could totally fall apart at tackle, and the Packers better address it. I'd be OK with Coleman, despite the age, disease, and knee, but even he's pretty far down that board and may not be there.

I really think the Packers need to draft a solid tackle - a guy who could start right away if necessary, like Clifton in 2000.

mraynrand
04-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Can anyone photoshop a Bong Mask onto Ragland or Jones before 6 PM tonight?

I can get it covered on Twitter.

Tunsillitis!

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2016, 10:43 AM

ILB Reggie Ragland
TE Hunter Henry
ILB Deion Jones
OG Cody Whitehair
OLB Kamalei Correa
OT Shon Coleman
ILB Joshua Perry
DE Chris Jones
DT Jarran Reed
DE Jonathan Bullard
CB Xavien Howard
DT A'Shawn Robinson
OLB Noah Spence
WR Sterling Shepard
DE Bronson Kaufusi
OLB Kyler Fackrell
DE Jihad Ward
CB Kendall Fuller
OLB Jordan Jenkins

Harvey I like you list and I like that you have Joshua Perry listed as an ILB. I think he would make a nice transition to the middle. I like him better than Derron Lee. The Packers have Picks to move up in the second round and their is value there on paper. It just isn't what Ted does. He lets the draft come to him.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Tunsillitis!

I see what you did there! Words!!

pbmax
04-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Anyone think Joe Schobert from UW should be an ILB?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 10:55 AM

Yes, I have his scheme fit as a 3-4 ILB or 3-4 OLB, but he's short for a 3-4 OLB.

I could see him being intriguing in round 3.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 10:56 AM
I anticipate an immediate rush on all the players who many expected to go in Round 1, so by the time the Packers pick comes up their options will be about what we expected earlier in the week. Ragland will be gone. Henry will be gone. Robinson & Reed will be gone. Etc.

To get who?

Patler why don't you entitle this thread:

Rounds 2 and 3.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2016, 10:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxc3tlAN1kM

Su'a Cravens

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2016, 11:04 AM

If you watch his highlights and game footage his production on the outside is really good. He is built like an interior linebacker but I don't know if he can translate to the inside.

I love Schobert's value in this draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ib8s81KFo

wist43
04-29-2016, 11:09 AM

To get who?

I agree, everyone will be gone... Ted will stay where he is, and we'll get the usually "sizzle" - and of course no help at ILB.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2016, 11:16 AM

Dodd, Kevin DE 6'5" 277 Clemson
Shepard, Sterling WR 5'10" 194 Oklahoma
Correa, Kamalei DE 6'3" 243 Boise St.
Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St.
Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana
Nassib, Carl DE 6'7" 277 Penn St.
Spence, Noah DE 6'2" 251 Eastern Kentucky

George Cumby
04-29-2016, 11:22 AM
A WR we have never heard of.

wist43
04-29-2016, 11:23 AM

I like Dodd best on that list, but he'll be gone. Correa would be okay in the 2nd, but he'll likely be gone too...

Don't want anything to do with Nassib, Spence, or Fackrell. Spence can play, but has a 10 cent head.

Spriggs is the kind of soft OL the Packers like - but I think he'll be gone too.

Don't want Shepard b/c I think he's a lesser version of Cobb. Don't think he can play outside, and has no special traits - we already have enough of those kind of guys.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2016, 11:40 AM
I like Dodd best on that list, but he'll be gone. Correa would be okay in the 2nd, but he'll likely be gone too...

Don't want anything to do with Nassib, Spence, or Fackrell. Spence can play, but has a 10 cent head.

Spriggs is the kind of soft OL the Packers like - but I think he'll be gone too.

Don't want Shepard b/c I think he's a lesser version of Cobb. Don't think he can play outside, and has no special traits - we already have enough of those kind of guys.

Check. :oops: We're looking for "special traits" guys that will be available. Got it. Can any of these type of guys rush the passer?

Patler
04-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Patler why don't you entitle this thread:

Rounds 2 and 3.

Because Round 2 is the curiosity now, with a bunch of players still available who people expected would go in Round 1. I anticipate none to be there (other than maybe Jack) when the Packers regular pick comes up. By Round 3, the list will be picked over.

I think moving up will be very difficult, and costly. Teams with high 2nd round picks are considering players they never expected to be there, and teams who may have had a particular liking for a player now see the chance to move up and get him. Makes for a sellers' market.

Not really concerned with round 3, just the somewhat large number of apparent opportunities still available at the start of Round 2.

pbmax
04-29-2016, 11:44 AM
BPA

Best Punter Available

George Cumby
04-29-2016, 11:45 AM
I want Ted to pick up that fat Aussie just for kicks.

Patler
04-29-2016, 11:49 AM

ILB Reggie Ragland
TE Hunter Henry
ILB Deion Jones
OG Cody Whitehair
OLB Kamalei Correa
OT Shon Coleman
ILB Joshua Perry
DE Chris Jones
DT Jarran Reed
DE Jonathan Bullard
CB Xavien Howard
DT A'Shawn Robinson
OLB Noah Spence
WR Sterling Shepard
DE Bronson Kaufusi
OLB Kyler Fackrell
DE Jihad Ward
CB Kendall Fuller
OLB Jordan Jenkins

Good list, but maybe too short. It could be that none will be available when GB picks.

The Packers 2nd and 3rd Round picks could be enough to move them up 10-15 spots. Is it worth it?

Their second, third and fourth might be enough to move them barely into the top 10 of the second round.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Available players based on Packer Need

LB
Myles Jack
Reggie Ragland
Noah Spence
Kamalei Correa
Su'a Cravens
Deion Jones
Kentrell Brothers
Joshua Perry
Kyler Fackrell

DT
A'Shawn Robinson
Jarran Reed
Andrew Billings
Chris Jones
Austin Johnson
Hassan Ridgeway

TE
Hunter Henry
Austin Hooper

OL
Jason Spriggs T
Cody Whitehair G
Le'Raven Clark T
Christian Westerman G
Shon Coleman T
Nick Martin C
Joe Dahl T/G
Jerald Hawkins T

WR
Tyler Boyd
Michael Thomas
Sterling Shepard
Pharoh Cooper
Braxton Miller
Rashard Higgins

RB
Derrick Henry
Devontae Booker
C.J. Prosise
Kenneth Dixon

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 12:12 PM

Where would Dodd fit? Green Bay has not drafted an OLB who timed worse than 4.75 in the 40 (except Ricky Elmore and that was a disaster) and 7.26 in the 3 cone. Dodd tested 4.86 in the 40 and 7.32 in the three cone. I don't think he's good enough in space to play 3-4 OLB. I have him as strictly a 4-3 DE. In fact, his overall athleticism would be worse than any OLB that TT has drafted, including Elmore.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Where would Dodd fit? Green Bay has not drafted an OLB who timed worse than 4.75 in the 40 (except Ricky Elmore and that was a disaster) and 7.26 in the 3 cone. Dodd tested 4.86 in the 40 and 7.32 in the three cone. I don't think he's good enough in space to play 3-4 OLB. I have him as strictly a 4-3 DE. In fact, his overall athleticism would be worse than any OLB that TT has drafted, including Elmore.I didn't think it through that far. I'm going by this: http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/nfl-draft-scouting-report-kevin-dodd-de-clemson

If drafted by the Packers:

Even with the resigning of Nick Perry and Matthews planned move back outside, you can never have enough pass rushers. Also, Julius Peppers and Nick Perry will be free agents after this season, so the Packers should be looking to add pass rushers in the draft. There could be several good options available when their turn comes at the bottom of the first round, including Kevin Dodd.

Dodd is probably best suited to play as a 4-3 defensive end, but I think he can also play OLB or as a 3-4 DE if he adds a little weight. Although he did look more comfortable rushing from a three-point stance at Clemson, he has a good combination of size and athletic ability to do both. Position doesn’t matter so much either because the Packers play nickel more than base defense. His flexibility, like Peppers and Datone Jones, gives him the ability to play standing up or with his hand in the dirt and he could drop back in Capers zone blitz. With his playmaking ability, he could be very disruptive opposite Mike Daniels and Clay Matthews.

I mainly want some pass rushers. Dodd seems like one of them.

Sparkey
04-29-2016, 01:06 PM

He is Packer people. Smart football player that produces and plays special teams. I could see him round 4.

George Cumby
04-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Or Patriots.

Iamtheliquor
04-29-2016, 01:43 PM
I'd love to see Cravens in green and gold as a hybrid ILB. I think he would be a great add. Deion Jones is another guy I'm fond of. Either way I think the next pick will be defense as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see us double up on defensive line if the right guy is available.

George Cumby
04-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Welcome, Liquor. How long you been lurking?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 01:50 PM
I'd love to see Cravens in green and gold as a hybrid ILB. I think he would be a great add. Deion Jones is another guy I'm fond of. Either way I think the next pick will be defense as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see us double up on defensive line if the right guy is available.

Welcome!

Iamtheliquor
04-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Welcome, Liquor. How long you been lurking?

Just found this place Thursday afternoon actually. The previous place I had been going to has been a little over run with negativity, took a look around here and thought it seemed like a pretty level headed group so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2016, 02:08 PM
you're so fucked

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Just found this place Thursday afternoon actually. The previous place I had been going to has been a little over run with negativity, took a look around here and thought it seemed like a pretty level headed group so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Well, we have some pessimists, but they are our pessimists that we've been grappling with for about 10 years now.

Smidgeon
04-29-2016, 02:37 PM

I've been to other forums. Didn't find a place better than this one. No one's trying to take over the board by being silly, railroading the threads, or juts being a knucklehead. Every once in a while we'll get two posters who don't like each other going at it, but they're usually really good at filtering their insults through football-esque arguments.

You'll get a lot of decent analysis and strong opinions all over. Everyone is treated pretty well here.

My two cents.

Smidgeon
04-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Well, we have some pessimists, but they are our pessimists that we've been grappling with for about 10 years now.

TEN YEARS???

Wow.

I know I'm not original JSO, but I didn't think it had been that long...then I look at the date I joined, and almost seven years have passed. Time flies.

Upnorth
04-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Lickher, welcome.
If anyone offers you an orientation don't bend over.

call_me_ishmael
04-29-2016, 02:57 PM
God, it would be so nice to land Myles Jack... do it TT... take the risk!! If you win one superbowl as a result... it's worth it!

esoxx
04-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Liquor in the front.

Poker in the rear.

George Cumby
04-29-2016, 03:13 PM

Clearly, you are either under the influence of some illicit substance or suffer from delusions. You will fit right in.

Patler
04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Just found this place Thursday afternoon actually. The previous place I had been going to has been a little over run with negativity, took a look around here and thought it seemed like a pretty level headed group.....

I am always amazed at how wrong first impressions can be!

3irty1
04-29-2016, 03:19 PM
God, it would be so nice to land Myles Jack... do it TT... take the risk!! If you win one superbowl as a result... it's worth it!

I'm on board with this. I have no idea what's the real situation with his medical shit. Maybe he's Da'Quan Bowers. But I trust the JAGS we've got at ILB enough to tread water and not be a disaster so I want the boom/bust pick.

Patler
04-29-2016, 03:31 PM
So, draft Myles "No Knee" Jack in the 2nd, Reggie "Heart Attack" Ragland in the 3rd and Jaylon "Drop Foot" Smith in the 4th, and hope you get one who can play?

(Better yet, take all three in the 4th!)

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2016, 03:40 PM
So, draft Myles "No Knee" Jack in the 2nd, Reggie "Heart Attack" Ragland in the 3rd and Jaylon "Drop Foot" Smith in the 4th, and hope you get one who can play?

(Better yet, take all three in the 4th!)

They would all go great with Dom "Spraypaint Hair" Capers!

Patler
04-29-2016, 03:42 PM
They would all go great with Dom "Spraypaint Hair" Capers!

...and Damarious "Ankle Biter" Randall!

red
04-29-2016, 03:44 PM
We absolutely HAVE to draft an ILB tonight, we just can't keep neglecting that position

9 of last 11 first round picks spent on defense, none of them ILB (hawk was drafted as a WLB for the 4-3)

abdul hodge was drafted in the 3rd round that same year

no other attempts at drafting an ILB in the first 3 rounds, even over the last 5-6 years when it was painfully obvious that we needed to find 1 if not 2 of them

even if its jaylon smith tonight, who won't play this year, at least TT will have addressed the glaring issue for once

red
04-29-2016, 03:49 PM
I'm on board with this. I have no idea what's the real situation with his medical shit. Maybe he's Da'Quan Bowers. But I trust the JAGS we've got at ILB enough to tread water and not be a disaster so I want the boom/bust pick.

lets say jack plays 5 years before he has to retire. whos to say the guy we drafted last night doesn't screw up his neck in the next couple of years, or blows out his knee

you never know when a guys career will end

but elite talent is elite talent

and who knows, maybe jack does play 10-15 years

red
04-29-2016, 04:04 PM
in the last 5 drafts, when we needed a starting quality ILB

we've spent a 6th a 5th a 6th a 7th a 4th (bradford may or not be an ILB) and another 4th last year

none of those have panned out, we need draft higher quality guys in the higher rounds. we HAVE to

Patler
04-29-2016, 04:08 PM
We absolutely HAVE to draft an ILB tonight, we just can't keep neglecting that position

9 of last 11 first round picks spent on defense, none of them ILB (hawk was drafted as a WLB for the 4-3)

no other attempts at drafting an ILB in the first 3 rounds, even over the last 5-6 years when it was painfully obvious that we needed to find 1 if not 2 of them

even if its jaylon smith tonight, who won't play this year, at least TT will have addressed the glaring issue for once

Clever that you limit it to the first 3 rounds, so you can ignore Jake Ryan last year in round 4! :-)

No; he hasn't given it high round attention; but he has drafted Manning, Smith, Barrington and a few others that you figured would get looks inside. He hasn't given center much direct attention either, or guard above the third round for that matter.

3irty1
04-29-2016, 04:09 PM
I understand the trap we keep finding ourselves in. ILB are like RB of the defense. They can start as rookies and you can get one in the 4th that is 90% of what you can get in the late 1st after all the special talents are gone if there even are any.

A guy with some medical shit is an obvious risk but it is one way out of that trap. At the moment our roster is solid enough to take that risk IMO.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Not many 3-4 ILBs go high though. There have been three 3-4 ILBs that have gone in the first 2 rounds in the last 2 years combined. 1st round picks Ryan Shazier and C.J. Mosley in 2014 and 2nd round pick Denzel Perryman in 2015. In a 3-4 defense the ILB might have the least priority for teams out of any position. Most of the time the second ILB isn't on the field half of the time.

wist43
04-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Not many 3-4 ILBs go high though. There have been three 3-4 ILBs that have gone in the first 2 rounds in the last 2 years combined. 1st round picks Ryan Shazier and C.J. Mosley in 2014 and 2nd round pick Denzel Perryman in 2015. In a 3-4 defense the ILB might have the least priority for teams out of any position. Most of the time the second ILB isn't on the field half of the time.

You're missing a few guys there Harv...

Anthony went to the Saints in the 1st round last year. He was listed as an ILB, but moved to the strong side in their 4-3

McKinney, who I wanted last year, went to Houston with the 43rd pick of the 2nd round

Eric Kendricks went to the Vikings with the 45th pick in the 2nd round last year

All of those guys are better than anything we have on the roster now... and would have been as good a value as Randall. TT just doesn't much care about the position.

Dollars to donuts he ignores the position again tonight.

Joemailman
04-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Draft Insider has this guy rated #52 overall. Could be a TT kind of pick.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/G/Cody-Whitehair

Cody Whitehair
School: Kansas State
Position: G

Positive: Four-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore season. Spent the past two years at left tackle after lining up at right tackle and guard early in his Kansas State career. Gifted offensive line prospect with the versatility to be used at several positions. Blocks with consistent leverage, pad level and effective with his hands. Makes good use of angles, body positioning and does not back down to a challenge. Patient in pass protection, plays smart football yet also blocks with a nasty attitude. Moves relatively well on his feet and fluid if asked to pull across the line scrimmage then block in motion. Fundamentally sound, intelligent and always willing to help out teammates.

Negative: Lacks classic left tackle height. Has short arms. Occasionally overextends in the blocks. Performed poorly at the combine.

Analysis: Whitehair was a consistent performer on the college level and ranks as one of the best guards in this year's draft. He has the versatility to line up at several positions and is NFL ready with a good degree of upside.

wist43
04-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Predict that TT will trade out of the 3rd round... just to make Packer fans wait around for a bunch of nothing - vintage Ted ;)

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 05:11 PM

Are you ready to continue with your frustration.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Draft Insider has this guy rated #52 overall. Could be a TT kind of pick.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/G/Cody-Whitehair

Cody Whitehair
School: Kansas State
Position: G

Positive: Four-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore season. Spent the past two years at left tackle after lining up at right tackle and guard early in his Kansas State career. Gifted offensive line prospect with the versatility to be used at several positions. Blocks with consistent leverage, pad level and effective with his hands. Makes good use of angles, body positioning and does not back down to a challenge. Patient in pass protection, plays smart football yet also blocks with a nasty attitude. Moves relatively well on his feet and fluid if asked to pull across the line scrimmage then block in motion. Fundamentally sound, intelligent and always willing to help out teammates.

Negative: Lacks classic left tackle height. Has short arms. Occasionally overextends in the blocks. Performed poorly at the combine.

Analysis: Whitehair was a consistent performer on the college level and ranks as one of the best guards in this year's draft. He has the versatility to line up at several positions and is NFL ready with a good degree of upside.

This stood out to me:

" has short arms ".....so ...

Absolutely Ted Thompson may well be all over that guy.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Predict that TT will trade out of the 3rd round... just to make Packer fans wait around for a bunch of nothing - vintage Ted ;)

My prediction for tonights Rounds 2 and 3 of the 2016 NFL Draft::

Whatever TT does I think most of Packer Nation's first reactionary words will be one of these:

a) Whhhhhaaaaat ..as in ...Whhhhhaaaaat the HELL !

b) Yoooouuuuuuu....as in....Yoooouuuuuuu Dumb Ass !

c) Fuuuuuuucccck ! .......... Red's neighbours will hear that scream.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 05:30 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657717/article/draft-buzz-will-anyone-select-myles-jack-in-round-2

Draft Buzz: Will anyone select Myles Jack in Round 2?

By: Around The NFL staff
Published: April 29, 2016 at 02:19 p.m.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 05:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657683/article/cowboys-trying-to-acquire-no-32-from-the-browns

Cowboys trying to acquire No. 32 from the Browns

By Marc Sessler ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: April 29, 2016 at 01:20 p.m. ... Updated: April 29, 2016 at 04:28 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

We very well might see a load of trades for the first 10-16 picks tonight as there's a load of talent remaining for Round 2.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 05:47 PM
You're missing a few guys there Harv...

Anthony went to the Saints in the 1st round last year. He was listed as an ILB, but moved to the strong side in their 4-3

McKinney, who I wanted last year, went to Houston with the 43rd pick of the 2nd round

Eric Kendricks went to the Vikings with the 45th pick in the 2nd round last year

All of those guys are better than anything we have on the roster now... and would have been as good a value as Randall. TT just doesn't much care about the position.

Dollars to donuts he ignores the position again tonight.

None of those teams play a 3-4 defense. Hence, the reason that I said a 3-4 ILB is valued less than almost every other position in a 3-4 scheme. The record stands. Half the league plays a 3-4 defense, so there are about 32 starting ILBs in a 3-4 defense and only 3 ILBs were drafted by 3-4 teams in the first two rounds the last two years combined.

red
04-29-2016, 05:49 PM

then by your rational, you HAVE to trade for one or sign a free agent. we can't just keep on going with the same shit

but i think wist is right, TT just doesn't think ILBs are all that important, even though we all know its the position that always seems to let us down the most in crunch time

red
04-29-2016, 05:51 PM
None of those teams play a 3-4 defense. Hence, the reason that I said a 3-4 ILB is valued less than almost every other position in a 3-4 scheme. The record stands. Half the league plays a 3-4 defense, so there are about 32 starting ILBs in a 3-4 defense and only 3 ILBs were drafted by 3-4 teams in the first two rounds the last two years combined.

so about 20% of the teams that play 3-4 have drafted an ILB in the first 2 rounds the last 2 years?

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 05:51 PM
in the last 5 drafts, when we needed a starting quality ILB

we've spent a 6th a 5th a 6th a 7th a 4th (bradford may or not be an ILB) and another 4th last year

none of those have panned out, we need draft higher quality guys in the higher rounds. we HAVE to

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-by-round-input:2/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade Watch

Jack, Myles OLB 6'1" 245 UCLA 7.3

Ragland, Reggie ILB 6'1" 247 Alabama 6.4

Cravens, Su'a OLB 6'1" 226 USC 5.8

Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St. 5.8

Jenkins, Jordan OLB 6'3" 259 Georgia 5.7

Jones, Deion OLB 6'1" 222 LSU 5.7

Wright III, Scooby ILB 6'0" 239 Arizona 5.5

Goodson, B.J. OLB 6'1" 242 Clemson 5.5

Brothers, Kentrell OLB 6'0" 245 Missouri 5.5

Brown, Jatavis OLB 5'11" 227 Akron 5.5

Schobert, Joe OLB 6'1" 244 Wisconsin 5.4

Ratelle, William ILB 5'10" 251 North Dakota 5.4

Smith, Jaylon OLB 6'2" 223 Notre Dame 5.4

Perry, Joshua ILB 6'4" 254 Ohio St. 5.4

Alexander, Dominique ILB 6'0" 232 Oklahoma 5.4

Wallace, Aaron OLB 6'3" 240 UCLA 5.3

Vigil, Nick ILB 6'2" 239 Utah St. 5.3

Norris, Jared ILB 6'1" 241 Utah 5.3

Weatherly, Stephen OLB 6'4" 267 Vanderbilt 5.3

Feeney, Travis OLB 6'4" 230 Washington 5.3

Striker, Eric OLB 5'11" 227 Oklahoma 5.3

Martinez, Blake ILB 6'2" 237 Stanford 5.3

Campbell, De'Vondre OLB 6'4" 232 Minnesota 5.2

Forrest, Josh ILB 6'3" 249 Kentucky 5.2

Williams, Antwione LB 6'3" 245 Georgia Southern 5.2

Longa, Steve OLB 6'1" 241 Rutgers 5.2

Smith, Terrance ILB 6'3" 235 Florida St. 5.2

Morrison, Antonio ILB 6'1" 232 Florida 5.2

Kwiatkoski, Nick ILB 6'2" 243 West Virginia 5.1

Kirby, Raphael ILB 6'0" 236 Miami 5.1

Daniels, Steven ILB 5'11" 243 Boston College 5.1

red
04-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Clever that you limit it to the first 3 rounds, so you can ignore Jake Ryan last year in round 4! :-)

No; he hasn't given it high round attention; but he has drafted Manning, Smith, Barrington and a few others that you figured would get looks inside. He hasn't given center much direct attention either, or guard above the third round for that matter.

the problem is that TT has had pretty high success drafting centers and guards in mid to late rounds

he's not had that kind of luck with ILB

i think it was telling last night when TT was asked if the new guy was a NT and he said "i don't know where he'll play, i just pick them"

you got M3 saying you absolutely need to find an ILB cause clay is moving back outside. and then you have ted just ignoring him and doing what he wants

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Danny Trevathan ILB, who everyone wanted us to sign as an UFA, was a 6th round pick.

red
04-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Danny Trevathan ILB, who everyone wanted us to sign as an UFA, was a 6th round pick.

there are gems. but TT doesn't seem to be able to find the ILB gems, kinda like how he sucks at picking d-line

red
04-29-2016, 05:59 PM
tonights 5 minutes per pick right?

red
04-29-2016, 06:05 PM
just fucking draft

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:07 PM
just fucking draft

Lots of fucking around to be done before we get to the secondary reason we're here......drafting players.

pittstang5
04-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Ok - so what's better. NFL Channel or ESPN. I had NFL Channel on last night - Gruden annoys me sooo much - couldn't watch ESPN.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:10 PM
tonights 5 minutes per pick right? That might be third round.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Ok - so what's better. NFL Channel or ESPN. I had NFL Channel on last night - Gruden annoys me sooo much.

ESPN was barely tolerable. I haven't watched them in years but I wanted to stream it high def instead of standard def on my computer room tv.

Couldn't do that with NFL network.

red
04-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Ok - so what's better. NFL Channel or ESPN. I had NFL Channel on last night - Gruden annoys me sooo much - couldn't watch ESPN.

espn. they aren't about commercisl breaks between every pick like nfln

nfl= all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Pick is in, shut up and announce it.

red
04-29-2016, 06:13 PM
That might be third round.

this is gonna take forever

pick is in, announce it

been 12 fucking minutes already

pittstang5
04-29-2016, 06:13 PM
pick is in, has been in for a couple minutes...and we are waiting as usual

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:14 PM
If they get backed up like last year I'm out.

Freak Out
04-29-2016, 06:14 PM
I hate the draft because of this shit.

Striker
04-29-2016, 06:15 PM
And the Jack slide continues.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:15 PM
9. EMMANUEL OGBAH | Oklahoma State 6042|273 lbs|4JR Houston, Texas (George Bush) 11/6/1993 (age 22) #38
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 35 1/2 | Hand: 10 | Wingspan: 83 7/8 2013: (13/0) 20 5.5 4.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.63 | 10-YD: 1.58 | 20-YD: 2.68 | BP: 20 | VJ: 35.5 | BJ: 10’01” | SS: 4.50 | 3C: 7.26 2014: (13/13) 49 17.0 11.0 1 PRO DAY SS: 4.58 2015: (13/13) 64 17.5 13.0 3 PRONUNCIATION AWG-buh Total: (39/26) 133 40.0 28.0 4

BACKGROUND: A three-star defensive end recruit out of high school, Ogbah collected a dozen scholarship offers, choosing Oklahoma State over Houston, Arizona and Texas Tech – still new to the game and raw out of high school. After redshirting in 2012, he played in 13 games as a redshirt freshman reserve, collecting 20 tackles and 4.0 sacks. Ogbah started all 13 games in 2014 as a sophomore and was named Big 12 Defensive Linemen of the Year with 17.0 tackles for loss and 11.0 sacks, earning First Team All-Big 12 and Defensive Team MVP honors. He returned in 2015 as a junior and became the first Oklahoma State player to earn Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year honors, recording 64 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss, 13.0 sacks and three forced fumbles. Ogbah also earned unanimous First Team All-Big 12 honors. He decided to skip his final season of eligibility to enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Built well for the position with proportionate bulk and long arms…easy release out of his stance with outstanding body control and lower body flexibility to dip around the corner without slowing his momentum…low, powerful lean into blockers with an improved sense of leverage…balanced to keep his feet with loose joints to smoothly change directions…easy lateral quickness to cross the face of blockers, drop in space or move up and down the line of scrimmage…strong hands to generate push and rip through blocks, not allowing blockers to dictate his path…physical tackler and uses his entire body to finish – improved run defender…disciplined player and trusts his coaching – not the loudest player on the team, but a strong lead-by-example type…never shuts it down with outstanding hustle to chase down plays from behind – a lot of effort-based production…reliable personal character and family values, not a player you have to worry about away from the facility…has special teams experience…highly productive and first player in school history to be named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year (2015).

WEAKNESSES: Methodical speed and explosive traits for the position…still learning how to string together pass rush moves and connect the dots…flashes violence in his hands, but needs to better lock out to control the point of attack and move blockers from their spot…can be slowed at contact and needs to improve his shed technique to keep his rush from stalling…hand tactics and creativity off the ball lack polish…needs to better break down when on the move, overrunning the pocket or sliding off ballcarriers.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Ogbah lined up at both right and left defensive end in Oklahoma State’s 4-3 base, primarily in a three-point stance and occasionally standing up off the edge – leaves Stillwater with 28.0 sacks and 40.0 tackles for loss, both rank top-five all-time in school history. Born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria, Ogbah moved to Houston at the age of nine in 2004 along with his family for the opportunity at a better life. He is a “coach’s dream” according to Cowboys head coach Mike Gundy due to strong work ethic and discipline that were instilled in him at a young age – very bright on and off the field. Ogbah is still learning the complexities of the position and lacks elite explosiveness, but he’s a balanced athlete for his size with the physicality and coachable mentality that can be molded in the NFL – top-50 prospect who projects as a NFL starter in a four-man front.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 43s43 seconds ago
Ogbah was the Cowboys target. Now Dallas trying to trade back from 34.

red
04-29-2016, 06:17 PM

send then a 4th and pick ragland or jack

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 06:17 PM
OK here we go with Pick NO. 32 and they go with a DE.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/emmanuel-ogbah?id=2555278

DE Emmanuel Ogbah Fr. Oklahoma St. Big 12

Draft Projection Round 2

" Sources Tell Us "He's stiff and upright so he has no counters as a rusher and then he doesn't even play hard all the time. If you are going to be the hulk, then play hard all the time." .... "*-- NFC area scout

NFL Comparison Charles Johnson

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:19 PM

Not often do we get that side of the comparison.

Welcome!

pittstang5

Dallas Screwed again......warms my heart

Rastak
send then a 4th and pick ragland or jack

Would cost more than that from 27, or even 23......

red
pick is in, announce it

pbmax
Love Paul Warfield! WFL for ever!

red
04-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Would cost more than that from 27, or even 23......

jerry is probably that dumb

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Dallas Screwed again......warms my heart

Jerry has to be getting frustrated. Didn't get Manziel, didn't get Bosa or Ogbah.

red
04-29-2016, 06:21 PM
who was the guy last year on twitter who was announcing everything early, i mean "on time"

pittstang5
pick is in, announce it

2nd round is all about guest announcers. ever since Goodell became commish, Draft has been a circus. it's only a matter of time till they are behind.

Rastak
6. KEVIN DODD | Clemson 6050|277 lbs|4JR Taylors, S.C. (Riverside) 7/14/1992 (age 23) #98
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2011: Hargrave Military Academy MEASUREABLES Arm: 34 | Hand: 10 | Wingspan: 81 5/8 2012: (8/0) 6 0.0 0.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.86 | 10-YD: 1.69 | 20-YD: 2.84 2013: (4/0) 7 0.5 0.0 0 (medical redshirt) PRO DAY BP: 22 | VJ: 30.5 | BJ: 09’02” | SS: 4.44 | 3C: 7.32 2014: (12/0) 8 2.5 0.0 0 2015: (15/15) 62 23.5 12.0 1 Total: (39/15) 83 26.5 12.0 1

BACKGROUND: A three-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Dodd committed to Clemson prior to his senior year, but he didn’t qualify academically, enrolling at Hargrave Military Academy for the 2011 season – was also a track standout in high school with county titles in the shot put and discus. He enrolled at Clemson in 2012 and contributed as a true freshman with six tackles. Dodd struggled with injuries as a sophomore in 2013 and was granted a medical redshirt after playing in just four games. He returned in 2014, but was again a back-up with only eight tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss. Dodd became a full-time starter as a junior in 2015 (15 starts) and took advantage of the opportunity with 23.5 tackles for loss and 12.0 sacks, which fell just shy of Shaq Lawson’s numbers for the team lead. He capitalized on his production and declared early for the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Has the look of a NFL defensive end with broad shoulders and long arms to engage and keep blockers from his body…flexible body type to plant-andbend when he wins the corner…quick first step and lateral inside move to slip blocks, using active hands to fight through jabs…shows the backfield vision to see through blockers and recognize offensive tendencies – naturally instinctive…improved discipline and patience to hold backside contain, stack the edge and cut off runs to the outside…high motor player and never shuts it down, working his way through bodies…experienced on special teams and blocked a kick in 2015…pushed himself in the film room and on the practice field to seize his opportunity to start in 2015 – described as a “self-made guy” by Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables…highly productive junior season with 23.5 tackles for loss and 12.0 sacks.

WEAKNESSES: Not a twitched up rusher who can easily change speeds in his rush, lacking cat-like quickness…needs to better keep his balance through gaps…doesn’t consistently use his hands to convert speed to power and isn’t much of a bully…undeveloped pass rush repertoire, often tipping his moves – needs to add more to his bag of tricks to fool blockers…tends to think too much and play too patient at times…lack of hand tactics will cause his rush to stall…only one season of starting experience and productivity – benefited from playing opposite Shaq Lawson, rarely facing double-teams…turns 24-years-old before his first NFL training camp…past durability issues, missing most of the 2013 season due to shoulder and toe injuries.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter, Dodd lined up in both a two and three point stance as the starting left defensive end in Clemson’s 4-3 scheme – finished the 2015 season ranked top-10 nationally in tackles for loss (23.5) and sacks (12.0). He was buried on the depth chart and battled injuries early in his career, but with Vic Beasley and Corey Crawford graduating after the 2014 season, Dodd improved his mind-set and pushed his training habits to secure Crawford’s spot in the starting line-up. Based on traits, Dodd checks several boxes for the NFL with the size, length, athleticism and strength potential to be effective in the NFL, although he isn’t a dynamic rush threat who will scream off the edge. He also improved his ball awareness and discipline as his reps increased last season, showing encouraging growth that indicates he isn’t near his football ceiling. A late bloomer, he isn’t a sudden rusher who wins with speed, but he is a promising pass rush threat due to his snap quickness, natural instincts and high-effort play style – projected NFL starter in a four-man front.

red
Not often do we get that side of the comparison.

fuck off you whiny little bitch

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:22 PM
who was the guy last year on twitter who was announcing everything early, i mean "on time"

If you figure it out let me know and I'll follow immediately.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 06:22 PM
With the 33re pick:

Tennessee picks:

DE Kevin Dodd .... 6'5" 277 Clemson 6.2

Draft Projection Round 1

NFL Comparison Michael Bennett

" Bottom Line The arrow is pointed up for Dodd who finished the season with a streak of five consecutive games with a sack. Dodd already looks the part of an NFL defensive end and his desire to make plays coupled with his physical traits and talent should have him shooting up draft boards. His lack of college snaps could preclude him from being "pro* ready", but his instincts and football intelligence should expedite the learning process. "

red
04-29-2016, 06:23 PM
now we're rolling

who's more hated? goddell or that coke head irvin

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

there goes smith

fucking jerry

pittstang5
04-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Holy Shit....F'n Dallas

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:24 PM
12. JAYLON SMITH | Notre Dame 6020|235 lbs|3JR Fort Wayne, Ind. (Bishop Luers) 6/14/1995 (age 20) #9
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 3rd-4th Round 2013: (13/13) 67 6.5 0.0 1 4 1 (OLB) MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 | Hand: 09 1/2 | Wingspan: 78 1/4 2014: (13/13) 112 9.0 3.5 1 2 0 (WLB) COMBINE N/A (injury; left knee) 2015: (13/13) 114 9.0 1.0 1 5 0 (WLB) PRO DAY BP: 24 (limited workout due to left knee) Total: (39/39) 293 24.5 4.5 3 11 0

BACKGROUND: A five-star linebacker recruit out of high school, Smith was ranked as one of the top prep players in the country and received scholarship offers from every top program in the country, choosing Notre Dame over Ohio State, Michigan State and USC – also a star basketball and track and field athlete in high school. He became the first freshman linebacker to start a season opener since 1995 and started all 13 games in 2013, recording 67 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and his first interception to earn Freshman All-American honors. Smith started all 13 games in 2014 as a sophomore and led the team with 112 tackles, adding 9.0 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks, earning Notre Dame Defensive Player of the Year honors. He again hit the triple digit tackle mark in 2015 as a junior (13 starts) with 114 stops, 9.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack, earning the Butkus Award as the Nation’s top linebacker. Smith decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Greased up athlete with rare twitch for the position…explosive lateral agility and secondary quickness to unhook himself from blocks and burst to the ball…plays loose, low and balanced to collect himself in space and easily change directions…tremendous closing speed in pursuit with the acceleration to stay stridefor-stride in coverage…assignment sound and senses what is about to happen, arriving to the spot with proper timing – not easily fooled…fast eyes to see plays develop, rarely losing sight of the ball…anchors well at the point of attack, leveraging at the hole to attack run lanes…navigates well through a crowd due to his vision, instincts and reactive athleticism…shows burst as a pass rusher and blitzer, staying in control of his movements…active and rangy tackler with strong hands and wrists to make stops…experienced making calls and orchestrating the defense…mature, unselfish leader and team captain – very well-respected by everyone around the program…production matches his tape with a high competitive spirit…didn’t miss a game at Notre Dame, starting 39 consecutive contests.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks elite length and power and can be engulfed by blockers near the line of scrimmage – room to improve his shed technique…will take some false steps and needs to add a dash of discipline to his playing recipe…needs to tweak his strike zone and tackling mechanics, preferring to hug-and-slam instead of spearing and driving…needs to do a better job finding the ball in coverage once his back is turned to the quarterback…not a detailed pass rusher right now and needs to better anticipate blockers…suffered a devastating left knee injury in his final collegiate contest that required surgery (Jan. 2016) to repair a torn ACL and LCL – missed the entire pre-draft process due to rehab with strong concerns about possible nerve damage and long-term lingering issues.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Smith started at outside linebacker in Notre Dame’s 3-4 scheme in 2013 before moving to weakside linebacker the past two seasons when the Irish went to a 4-3 base – also put his hand on the ground as an edge rusher at times. A special athlete for the position, Smith jumps off the screen with his sudden pursuit speed and twitchy movements, which compliments his quick-thinking play style. He recognizes things quickly and sniffs out plays with his diagnose skills, putting himself in correct position to close ground in an instant as a run defender and cover in man. Smith does have room to improve his discipline and anticipation, but he is dripping with natural talent and intangibles – type of playmaker you wind up and let loose. Smith, who Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly calls the best player he has ever coached, offers the scheme versatility that will appeal to all 32 teams. He is one of the best players in the 2016 class, but his Jan. 2016 knee surgery puts his draft projection in limbo – might still hear his name called in the top-100, but will require a redshirt year as a NFL rookie

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Might be riskier than Jack.....

red
04-29-2016, 06:26 PM
i call collusion

dallas selects the guy after the dallas dr does the surgery

something doesn't smell right

red
04-29-2016, 06:27 PM
did he just call him miles jackass?

Rastak
2nd round pick on a guy who can't play? Well, like you said they had inside info.

red
pick is in, don't go to commercial

hunter henry goes to SD

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 06:28 PM
so about 20% of the teams that play 3-4 have drafted an ILB in the first 2 rounds the last 2 years?

Half of the teams in the league play 3-4 base defense. It was actually more than half a year or two ago, but I didn't keep close tabs on the coaching changes. At one point it was 10 or fewer teams.

red
jax pick is in already

woodbuck27
With the 34th Pick the Cowboys pick.... WOW ! :

OLB Jaylon Smith, 6'2" 223 Notre Dame 5.4

Draft Projection Rounds 5 or 6

Sources Tell Us "He reminds me so much of DJ (Derrick Johnson) when he came out. Same frame, same speed and same playmaking ability. Both of those guys are made for the pro game." --* Former AFC defensive coach

NFL Comparison Derrick Johnson

NOTE: Mike Maylock likens him to Luke Kuechly the outstanding Carolina Panthers LBer.

Rastak
To the Chargers.......

1. HUNTER HENRY | Arkansas 6047|250 lbs|3JR Little Rock, Ark. (Pulaski Academy) 12/7/1994 (age 21) #84
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 2nd Round 2013: (12/7) 28 409 14.6 4 MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 3/4 | Hand: 09 1/4 | Wingspan: 78 2014: (13/10) 37 513 13.9 2 COMBINE BP: 13 2015: (13/13) 51 739 14.5 3 PRO DAY 40-YD: 4.68 | 10-YD: 1.60 | 20-YD: 2.74 | BP: 21 | VJ: 31.5 | BJ: 09’05” | SS: 4.41 | 3C: 7.16 Total: (38/30) 116 1,661 14.3 9

BACKGROUND: A four-star tight end recruit out of high school, Henry was rated as the No. 2 recruit in the state and chose to stay home, choosing Arkansas over Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Stanford and Vanderbilt. He saw immediate playing time as a true freshman (seven starts) in 2013, recording 28 catches for 409 yards and four touchdowns, earning All-SEC Freshman honors. Henry started 10 games as a sophomore in 2014 and finished with 37 receptions for 513 yards and two scores, earning Second Team All-SEC honors. He had his best production as a junior in 2015 (13 starts), finishing second on the team with 51 catches for 739 yards and three touchdowns. Henry earned First Team All-SEC honors and was named the 2015 John Mackey Award winner (Nation’s top tight end). He decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Adequate height and length for the position…outstanding athlete for his size with speed to separate in his routes…fluid pass-catcher with flexible body control, easily adjusting to throws and immediately turning downfield – dangerous after the catch with his toughness and agility…measured footwork in his breaks…natural hands-catcher, tracking well in his pattern and highpointing in contested situations – tough finisher and rarely drops the ball…high effort blocker with the hustle to get downfield, working through the whistle…competitive and balanced at the linebacker level as a blocker…knows where the sticks are and was a reliable third down target (93 of his 116 career catches resulted in a first down or touchdown)…experienced lining up inline and in the slot…athletic bloodlines – father (Mark) was a two-time All-Southwest offensive lineman at Arkansas (1988-91), but chose to enter the ministry instead of the NFL…grounded individual with a team-oriented mind-set.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal bulk and muscle tone for the position – still growing into his body…struggles to establish body position as a blocker and ends up going where the defender wants…too easily overmatched at the point of attack, struggling to sustain or control blocks…grabby and wild in pass protection and has too many snaps on his film that will be penalized in the NFL…only nine career touchdowns, wasn’t used as a consistent red zone threat.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Henry was an ideal fit for the Razorbacks’ multiple-tight end offense with pro-style looks that asked him to line up inline, wing and in the slot. He has the acceleration and body control to be a mismatch against linebackers and the natural strength to overpower defensive backs before and after the catch. Henry has reliable hands (didn’t have a drop in 2015) with fluid body adjustments to catch the ball in stride and track the ball into his mitts. He is a competitive blocker, but too easily overpowered at the point of attack, leading to him getting beat or penalized. Although he’s not a reliable inline blocker at this point in his development, Henry knows how to get open and has the best hands and route running athleticism at tight end in this draft class – second round “F” or joker tight end in the Owen Daniels mold who will contribute right away as a pass-catcher in the NFL.

red
04-29-2016, 06:29 PM
why am i watching ads for fucking baseball?

if i gave a shit about baseball i would be watching baseball right now, not the fucking draft

Striker
04-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 59s59 seconds ago
Myles Jack is heading to Jacksonville. Jalen Ramsey yesterday. Not a bad haul.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Hunter Henry gone.

ILB Reggie Ragland
ILB Deion Jones
OG Cody Whitehair
OLB Kamalei Correa
OT Shon Coleman
ILB Joshua Perry
DE Chris Jones
DT Jarran Reed
DE Jonathan Bullard
CB Xavien Howard
DT A'Shawn Robinson
OLB Noah Spence
WR Sterling Shepard
DE Bronson Kaufusi
OLB Kyler Fackrell
DE Jihad Ward
CB Kendall Fuller
OLB Jordan Jenkins

red
04-29-2016, 06:30 PM
jax pick has been in for about 5 minutes already, shits getting backed up already

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:31 PM
To Jacksonville word is.......

1. MYLES JACK | UCLA 6010|245 lbs|3JR Bellevue, Wash. (Bellevue) 9/3/1995 (age 20) #30
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 1st Round 2013: (13/12) 75 7.0 1.0 0 13 2 (11 WLB, 1 RB) MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 5/8 | Hand: 10 1/4 | Wingspan: 79 5/8 2014: (13/13) 88 8.0 0.0 0 8 1 (WLB) COMBINE BP: 19 (limited workout due to right knee) 2015: (3/3) 15 0.0 0.0 0 2 1 (WLB) PRO DAY VJ: 40 | BJ: 10’04” (limited workout due to right knee) Total: (29/28) 178 15.0 1.0 0 23 4

BACKGROUND: A four-star linebacker recruit out of high school, Jack narrowed his college choices to UCLA, Washington, Cal and Georgia Tech, committing to the Bruins the summer prior to his senior season and sticking to that pledge when other schools got involved late in the process – also lettered in track and basketball in high school. He saw the field early in his career as a two-way true freshman for UCLA, starting 12 games (11 at linebacker, one at running back), recording 75 tackles, 7.0 tackles for loss, 13 passes defended and two interceptions, adding seven touchdowns on offense. He was named both offensive and defense Freshman of the Year by Pac-12 coaches, earning Second Team All-Pac 12 and numerous Freshman All-American honors. Jack started all 13 games in 2014 as a sophomore, finishing second on the team with 88 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss and eight passes defended, earning Second Team All-Pac 12 honors. His junior season was cut short after three games due to a season-ending torn ligament in his right knee, tallying just 15 tackles in 2015. Shortly after his surgery, Jack decided to withdraw from school to train for the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Explosive athlete with rare movement skills for the position…swivel hips, balanced body control and flexible joints to smoothly change directions…chase speed to track down players from behind…physical at the point of attack and not shy about stacking the edge and taking on blocks at the line of scrimmage…arrives with violent intentions as a tackler, finishing with pop…consistent reads to diagnose quickly and put himself in position to make plays…good timing as a blitzer to penetrate gaps…comfortable in space with above average coverage skills for the position, playing sticky coverage and collecting himself well in his pedal/transition to redirect on the move…excellent ballskills and reflexes at the catch point (23 passes defended and four interceptions in 28 starts)…passionate self-starter and brings the same intensity on every play…versatile resume with 387 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns on offense, averaging 5.7 yards per carry in his career – played on special teams earlier in his career and blocked a kick in 2013…showed determination to return from his Sept. 2015 knee injury.

WEAKNESSES: Average-at-best size and length, lacking the frame to get much bigger…can be eaten up by blockers near the offensive line and needs to improve his stack-shed technique to better disengage – lacks the long arms to easily keep himself clean…room to tweak his technique and pad level as a tackler, lowering his strike zone – a more disciplined approach at the contact point will also help him avoid horsecollar and other penalties…can be fooled by play action and misdirection, causing him to be late in coverage…limited experience as a blitzer…suffered a serious knee injury that required surgery (Sept. 2015), tearing the anterior meniscus in his right knee – missed almost all of the 2015 season and most of the pre-draft process (several teams are pessimistic about the long-term health of the knee).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Jack was a two-way player in college at running back and linebacker, but lined up primarily as a hybrid linebacker/safety at UCLA who was asked to mirror the slot and cover space. He is an athletic specimen with elite pursuit speed and an above average mental processor to know everything going on around him. Jack doesn’t have ideal size or power for the position and needs to become more of a technician, but he doesn’t back down at the point of attack and brings the same attitude to the field every day. He is at his best in space with exceptional cover skills due to his loose athleticism, easy change of direction and ballskills. Jack might not be an ideal fit for every scheme, but smart coordinators will alter the personnel to accommodate his skills. His best fit is at weakside linebacker in a 4-3 base who can play every down, but can play other spots as well, similar to a better version of Bobby Wagner – deserves top-five overall consideration as long as the team doctors give two thumbs up regarding his surgically repaired knee.

woodbuck27
At NO. 35 the Chargers pick:

TE Hunter Henry, 6'5" 250 Arkansas 6.2

Draft Projection Rounds 1 or 2

NFL Comparison Jason Witten

" Bottom Line By far, the premier tight end in the 2016 draft. Henry is a big body with the athleticism to get open, the hands to finish catches in traffic and the blocking ability to help give a running game the additional kick it might be missing on the edge. Henry should come in and become a very good NFL starter. "

red
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 59s59 seconds ago
Myles Jack is heading to Jacksonville. Jalen Ramsey yesterday. Not a bad haul.

shit

ragland won't last long

mayock doing the "maybe they'll take jack" after the world already knows he's the pick

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:32 PM
fuck off you whiny little bitch

Blow me. :D

BTW, I think Bretsky is going to start rooting for the Chargers now that they have Hunter Henry and Bosa (from his favorite college).

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 06:33 PM
Wow ! Great for the Jags:

They draft Myles Jack.

Rastak
Ravens get a 5th rounder for the Jaguar trade...

Teamcheez1
I would be pissed if the Packers took either Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack in the second round.

red
04-29-2016, 06:34 PM
chiefs take DT chris jones

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:34 PM
KC Pick is in.

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Sorry Rastak....Your the man again this night...Have fun ! :glug:

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Football Outsiders not high on Dodd.

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 10m10 minutes ago
Dodd had no PDs in college, no sacks until last year, and poor combine performance. RT @KTCL13 What makes him score low?

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 9m9 minutes ago
Shaq Lawson had SackSEER rating of 72.6%. FAR superior. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/sackseer-2016 … @chillyw How does that compare to Shaq's?

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 21m21 minutes ago
"Emmanuel Ogbah would be SackSEER's favorite player in this draft if it did not adjust for projected draft position." Analytics! @Browns

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Per Red:

12. CHRIS JONES | Mississippi State 6056|310 lbs|3JR Houston, Miss. (Houston) 7/3/1994 (age 21) #98
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 3rd Round 2013: (13/3) 32 7.0 3.0 0 MEASUREABLES Arm: 34 1/2 | Hand: 10 3/4 | Wingspan: 85 2014: (13/0) 26 3.5 3.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 5.03 | 10-YD: 1.69 | 20-YD: 2.86 | BP: 26 | VJ: 24.5 | BJ: 08’10” | SS: 4.62 | 3C: 7.44 2015: (13/13) 44 7.5 2.5 0 PRO DAY VJ: 29.5 Total: (39/16) 102 18.0 8.5 0

BACKGROUND: A five-star defensive end recruit out of high school, Jones was ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the state of Mississippi, committing to the Bulldogs over Ole Miss, Alabama and Auburn – standout high school basketball player. He split his snaps between defensive end and tackle as a true freshman reserve in 2013, recording 32 tackles, 7.0 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks. Jones was again a back-up as a sophomore and finished with 26 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks. He became a full-time starter as a junior in 2015 (13 starts), recording 44 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. Jones elected to forego his final season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Looks good on the hoof with a big-boned frame and core strength…quick initial step with an efficient spin move…agile lower body to sidestep blocks and operate in small spaces, redirecting himself without losing momentum in pursuit…quick hands and attacks the shoulder of blockers to wedge himself through gaps…understands how to split double-teams, using his body to gain leverage…determined chaser away from the line of scrimmage…uses his long arms to press blockers off his frame…commended by the coaches for his improved practice habits and attention to detail, working hard in the weight room to shed bad weight…experienced lining up at multiple spots inside and outside on the defensive line.

WEAKNESSES: High-hipped and doesn’t consistently bend at his knees…plays flat-footed and struggles to control his momentum in his rush…inconsistent pad level off the snap, rushing upright and struggling to get underneath blockers…narrow-based and offenses can run at him…digests what he sees, but doesn’t anticipate due to marginal instincts…lacks a sense of urgency and wears down easily, forcing him to go half-speed too often…needs to keep his emotions in check on the field…pass rush lacks variety, lacking move-to-move transition…only one season as a full-time starter…underwhelming career production…minor off-field incident during the draft process – pulled over for speeding and arrested for driving with a suspended license (March 2016).

SUMMARY: A one-year starter in the Bulldogs’ four-man front, Jones was a part-time player his first two seasons before becoming a full-time starter as a junior, lining up mostly as a one-technique, three-technique and occasionally outside as a defensive end. He offers a terrific blend of size, body control and strength, but is not yet the sum of his parts with inconsistent ball awareness and effort – has plenty of parts in the box, but the instructions are in a foreign language. Jones is still raw in several areas, but it’s easy to see the potential due to his foot quickness and body type. Although he shows first round flashes and will be overdrafted because of those flashes, it comes in spurts and the impact of his body of work doesn’t warrant that high of a selection – will be a part-time player and project early in his career

SMBASS
04-29-2016, 06:37 PM
2nd round is all about guest announcers. ever since Goodell became commish, Draft has been a circus. it's only a matter of time till they are behind.

Totally agree Pitt. Fucking Goddell has ruined the draft for me. Can't stand the 3 day format, don't like moving it back until later, and I hate the fucking dog and pony show it's become. I used to love planning on spending all day Sat. and Sun. glued to my computer/T.V. watching and reading about it and all I do now is come back and check the status every once in a while to see how close it is until the Pack's next pick. Circus is the right name for what it's become.

woodbuck27
At NO. 37 the KC Chiefs pick DT Chris Jones:

Draft Projection Rounds 1 or 2

NFL Comparison Jordan Phillips

" Bottom Line Ascending prospect whose production this season matched the flashes he showed on tape. Jones has the quickness off the snap to disrupt in the gaps and the strength to control the point of attack. Like Jordan Phillips, Jones plays with an elevated pad level which needs work. With a body type and skill set to play all along the defensive line in both odd and even fronts, Jones has a chance to come off the board early and make his mark in the pros. "

pbmax
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m4 minutes ago
Tyler Dunne Retweeted NFL Draft Diamonds
DT Chris Jones to the #Chiefs. A player who could've fit in with the Bills.

red
04-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m4 minutes ago
Tyler Dunne Retweeted NFL Draft Diamonds
DT Chris Jones to the #Chiefs. A player who could've fit in with the Bills.

dunne's the guy i'm watching too

i think he was the guy from last year

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:39 PM
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 3m3 minutes ago
Ravens moved back again, traded with Phins

NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 1m1 minute ago
Xavien Howard to MIA

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Were 11 picks to TT's 2nd Rd. pick:

Seeing anyone you like develop yet? Here's the remaining TOP Rated Prospects remaining:

It sure wont be a pick at ILB.

Robinson, A'Shawn DT 6'4" 307 Alabama 6.3

Whitehair, Cody OG 6'4" 301 Kansas St. 6.1

Reed, Jarran DT 6'3" 307 Alabama 6.1

Howard, Jordan RB 6'0" 230 Indiana 6.1

Bullard, Jonathan DT 6'3" 285 Florida 6.0

Ridgeway, Hassan DT 6'3" 303 Texas 6.0

Billings, Andrew NT 6'1" 311 Baylor 6.0

Clark, Le'Raven OT 6'5" 316 Texas Tech 6.0

Alexander, Mackensie CB 5'10" 190 Clemson 5.9

Henry, Willie DT 6'3" 303 Michigan 5.9

Boyd, Tyler WR 6'1" 197 Pittsburgh 5.9

Cook, Connor QB 6'4" 217 Michigan St. 5.8

Coleman, Shon OT 6'5" 307 Auburn 5.8

Peake, Charone WR 6'2" 209 Clemson 5.8

Westerman, Christian OG 6'3" 298 Arizona State 5.8

Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana 5.8

Thomas, Michael WR 6'3" 212 Ohio St. 5.8

Hooper, Austin TE 6'4" 254 Stanford 5.7

Martin, Nick OG 6'4" 299 Notre Dame 5.7

Booker, Devontae RB 5'11" 219 Utah 5.7

Dixon, Kenneth RB 5'10" 215 Louisiana Tech 5.7

Vannett, Nick TE 6'6" 257 Ohio St. 5.7

Calhoun, Shilique DE 6'4" 251 Michigan St. 5.7

Miller, Braxton WR 6'1" 201 Ohio St. 5.6

Bell, Vonn FS 5'11" 199 Ohio St. 5.6

Killebrew, Miles SS 6'2" 217 Southern Utah 5.6

Cooper, Pharoh WR 5'11" 203 South Carolina 5.6

Nassib, Carl DE 6'7" 277 Penn St. 5.6

red
04-29-2016, 06:40 PM
xavien howard to miami

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:41 PM

Followed....I used to hate tipped picks, but that was when it would take 1 minute to get the announcement.....I ain't waiting 5-10 minutes....

pittstang5
Totally agree Pitt. Fucking Goddell has ruined the draft for me. Can't stand the 3 day format, don't like moving it back until later, and I hate the fucking dog and pony show it's become. I used to love planning on spending all day Sat. and Sun. glued to my computer/T.V. watching and reading about it and all I do now is come back and check the status every once in a while to see how close it is until the Pack's next pick. Circus is right name for what it's become.

Yep. Used to Party ALL Day Saturday - BBQ, Beer, couple good friends come over - some didn't even care about football, just wanted to hang out. Now - it's me, the laptop and the TV. F'n Sucks.

Rastak
5. XAVIEN HOWARD | Baylor 6001|201 lbs|4JR Houston, Texas (Wheatley) 7/4/1993 (age 22) #4
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 31 1/4 | Hand: 09 1/8 | Wingspan: 75 5/8 2013: (13/0) 5 0.0 0.0 1 1 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.58 | 10-YD: 1.61 | 20-YD: 2.67 | BP: 11 | VJ: 33 | BJ: 10’02” | SS: 4.15 | 3C: 7.18 2014: (13/13) 51 4.5 1.5 0 17 4 PRO DAY 40-YD: 4.44 | 10-YD: 1.55 | 20-YD: 2.53 | VJ: 38.5 | BJ: 10’05” | 3C: 6.91 2015: (13/13) 42 1.0 0.0 0 15 5 PRONUNCIATION ex-AY-vee-un Total: (39/26) 98 5.5 1.5 1 33 9

BACKGROUND: A two-star athlete recruit, Xavien “X” Howard played quarterback and cornerback in high school, but was recruited primarily as a defensive player, committing to Baylor – also a star performer in basketball and track. After redshirting in 2012, he saw limited action as a redshirt freshman, mostly on special teams, recording five tackles and his first career pass break-up. Howard earned a starting job as a sophomore in 2014 and emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the conference with a team-best 17 passes defended and four interceptions, earning All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors. He again started all 13 games in 2015 and led the Bears with 15 passes defended and five interceptions, earning First Team All-Big 12 honors. Howard chose to skip his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Well-built for the position with proportionate body mass…uses his long reach efficiently to keep receivers within arm length…balanced footwork to plant-and-go, unlocking his hips and playing loose…throttles between gears very well for his size to stay in phase…above average ballskills, getting his head turned to find the ball and make a play – anticipates well at the stem with a nose for the ball…highly aggressive and not afraid to take chances…shows his offensive background after the interception, averaging 12.6 yards per return (9/114/0)…physical mentality to reroute at the line of scrimmage and cut off patterns downfield…controlled striker and finishes as a tackler…passionate competitor with prep habits and work ethic lauded by his coaches…durable starter (26 starts) the last two seasons with excellent production, finishing his career with 33 passes defended and nine interceptions.

WEAKNESSES: Average-at-best long-speed for the position…doesn’t have the twitchy burst to match some wide receivers on in-breaking routes…upright in his pedal and doesn’t rely on technique in coverage…needs to improve his sink when transitioning to better redirect at the top of routes…looks to slow down receivers downfield and gets too handsy, attracting penalties…caught guessing too much and his risk taking leads to mistakes, biting on fakes or coming off his man too early…needs to better use his length to disengage blocks…lacks experience as a blitzer.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Howard played mostly in the boundary at Baylor, lining up in both man and zone coverages – was primarily a quarterback in high school, but also created a dynamic cornerback duo on defense along with teammate William Jackson, who starred at Houston. Howard is big and physical with surprising foot quickness and agility to stay in phase with receivers. He won’t be featured as the prototype for fundamentals in coverage, but his ability to find the ball in flight and use his ballskills to disrupt the catch point are above average – mixes things up and does a lot of receiver-like things in coverage. Although his long-speed isn’t ideal for the position and he needs technique work, Howard is quick off the snap and able to rid

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:42 PM

no you want @DraftDiamonds

red
04-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Followed....I used to hate tipped picks, but that was when it would take 1 minute to get the announcement.....I ain't waiting 5-10 minutes....

https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds

i think dunne is just getting it from there

pbmax
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 10s11 seconds ago
Tampa got Noah Spence

red
tampa takes noah spense

he's a guy GB had it for a workout

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:44 PM
They also never used to skip pick announcements till around the 4th round.....2nd round and least one missed.....likely 2.

red

yup, i figured it out

red

i'll let you announce the spoilers

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:47 PM
4. NOAH SPENCE | Eastern Kentucky 6024|251 lbs|4JR Harrisburg, Penn. (Bishop McDevitt) 1/8/1994 (age 22) #90
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2012: (11/0) 12 1.0 1.0 0 (Ohio State) MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 | Hand: 10 3/4 | Wingspan: 79 3/4 2013: (13/13) 52 14.5 8.0 1 (Ohio State) COMBINE 40-YD: 4.80 | 10-YD: 1.61 | 20-YD: 2.75 | BP: 25 | VJ: 35 | BJ: 10’01” | SS: 4.35 | 3C: 7.21 2014: Suspended for season PRO DAY 40-YD: 4.80 | 10-YD: 1.62 | 20-YD: 2.75 2015: (11/11) 63 22.5 11.5 3 (Eastern Kentucky) Total: (35/24) 127 38.0 20.5 4

BACKGROUND: A five-star defensive end recruit out of high school, Spence was ranked as a top-10 prep player in the country and received scholarships from every major collegiate program. He was leaning towards Maryland before Urban Meyer was hired at Ohio State and lured the talent to Columbus. Spence playing time as a true freshman back-up in 2012, recording 12 tackles and 1.0 sack. He started all 13 games in 2013 as a sophomore and led the Buckeyes in sacks (8.0), adding 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and a forced fumble to earn Second Team All-Big Ten honors. After failing multiple drug tests, Spence had to sit out the 2014 season was permanently banned from the Big Ten. He strongly considered going pro, but instead decided to transfer to Eastern Kentucky at the FCS level (“I felt like I hadn’t proven enough off the field…disciplining myself enough to go down a level and not be ignorant and try and go straight to the NFL.”). Spence started all 11 games as a redshirt junior in 2015 and finished among the FCS leaders in tackles for loss (22.5) and sacks (11.5), earning First Team All-OVC and conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year honors. He gave up his final year of eligibility to enter the 2016 NFL Draft and accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Adequate muscle mass and body bulk for the position – has worked hard to max out his frame…above average athleticism and initial quickness, reaching his top speed quickly…launches off the line of scrimmage to dip and win the corner, flattening with natural leverage and a strong plant foot around the edge blocker…outstanding coordination to play on his feet and break down in small spaces – rarely caught off-balance due to smooth change of direction skills…flexible body type, lateral quicks and rush moves to cross the face of blockers, using his hands to bounce off jabs and burst into the backfield…comfortable standing up and dropping in coverage, displaying the range to cover a lot of ground…highly productive when on the field with 38.0 tackles for loss and 20.5 sacks over 24 career starts between Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky…attracts double-teams and offenses often had to add help to his side of the field on film…athletic bloodlines – father (Greg) played football at NC State and uncle (Phil) played basketball at NC State and was a member of the school’s 1974 National Title team…work ethic and attitude within the program have never been questioned…has worked hard to get clean and get his career back on track – completed a month-long drug treatment program in the Fall of 2014, passed over a dozen drug tests since arriving at Eastern Kentucky and continues to see on-campus counseling…former coaches (high school, Ohio State and EKU) speak highly of him as a person – former Academic All-Big Ten and graduated in Dec. 2015.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal length for the position and his average height can hinder his backfield vision at times…needs to use more shock in his hands to jolt blockers at the point of attack, struggling to consistently convert speed to power…light anchor and can be moved in the run game…snap anticipation and awareness for his surroundings need improvement…shows an understanding of hand/arm moves and using them in sequence, but still developing in this area…need to see a more consistent attitude and mean streak…minor durability issue, wearing a heavy cast on his right wrist/hand throughout 2015…comes with a buyer beware tag due to his history of drug abuse and extensive partying (Spence: “I got real caught up in the college lifestyle…”) – suspended for three games after testing positive for ecstasy at the Big Ten Championship Game (Dec. 2013) and then tested positive for ecstasy (Sept. 2014) a second time, which made him permanently ineligible in the Big Ten…shortly after enrolling at EKU, he was arrested for alcohol intoxication and second-degree disorderly conduct (May 2015), although those charges have since been expunged.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Ohio State and one-year starter at Eastern Kentucky, Spence is experienced in two- and three-point stances at both left and right defensive end, rushing off the edge or dropping in space. He might be the greatest wildcard in the 2016 class due to his immense talent, but heavy baggage off the field – dominant at the FCS level and also showed dominance at Ohio State. Spence is a slippery rusher with the initial burst, lateral quicks and natural leverage to threaten the pocket on a regular basis – gets upfield quickly and closes fast. He is still learning how to put together a consistent pass rush plan, but it’s all there athletically and he is comfortable on his feet to cover space. Although his former coaches and teammates speak highly of him as a person, Spence requires maintenance and monitoring in the NFL due to his checkered background and teams need to meticulously inspect his character – can he keep his priorities in order? Spence is one of the 20 best talents in the 2016 class, but his draft value will depend on team’s comfort level with his past issues and ability to stay locked in – ideally suited to stand up in a 3-4, but can also be a pass rush specialist in a 4-3 scheme.

pbmax
04-29-2016, 06:48 PM
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 33s33 seconds ago
Giants take Sterling Shep

and

Rich Campbell
‏@Rich_Campbell
Bears get Buffalo's 2nd rounder tonight (No. 49), their 4th rounder tonight and their 4th-rounder in 2017

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:49 PM
5. STERLING SHEPARD | Oklahoma 5102|194 lbs|4SR Oklahoma City, Okla. (Heritage Hall) 2/10/1994 (age 22) #3
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 2nd Round 2012: (13/4) 45 621 13.8 3 MEASUREABLES Arm: 30 3/8 | Hand: 09 3/4 | Wingspan: 71 5/8 2013: (12/12) 51 603 11.8 7 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.48 | 10-YD: 1.55 | 20-YD: 2.60 | BP: 20 | VJ: 41 | BJ: 10’03” | SS: 4.35 | 3C: 7.00 2014: (12/12) 51 970 19.0 5 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (13/13) 86 1,288 15.0 11 Total: (50/41) 233 3,482 14.9 26

BACKGROUND: A four-star wide receiver recruit, Shepard was wooed by several top programs like Notre Dame and Clemson, but with his established relationship with Bob Stoops and family ties to Oklahoma, there wasn’t any doubt where he would play his college ball. He saw immediate action as a true freshman (four starts) in 2012, recording 45 catches for 621 yards and three scores to earn Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year Honorable Mention honors. Shepard started 12 games as a sophomore in 2013 and recorded 51 catches for 603 yards and seven scores. He led the Sooners in receiving as a junior in 2014 with 51 receptions for 970 yards and five scores, earning First Team All-Big 12 honors. Shepard had his most productive season in 2015 as a senior (13 starts) with 86 receptions for 1,288 yards and 11 touchdowns, earning First Team All-Big 12 and All-America honors. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Foot quickness that makes salsa dancers jealous…coordinated athleticism with instant start/stop gears to separate and make the first man miss…elite body control and twitchy reflexes to make snap judgements…forces cornerbacks off-balance with hard-stops and subtle route movements…hides his pattern well, creating space at the stem…quick hands to snatch-and-go, adjusting and tracking very well over his shoulder…highpoints well for a smaller target…nimble off the line of scrimmage to beat press, not allowing defenders to slow him down…natural awareness along the sideline and over the middle, sensing his surroundings…return experience, averaging 7.3 yards on punts (30/221/0)…brings the same energy to the field whether in practice or a game (Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops: “He’s as competitive as anyone I’ve had in 17 years.”)…well-respected with a profound football IQ and likeable personality – graduated with a degree in political science (Dec. 2015)…athletic bloodlines – father (Derrick) was a star receiver at Oklahoma (1983-86) before a five-year NFL career; uncles (Darrell and Woodie) also played football for the Sooners…highly productive and leaves Norman ranked second on the school’s all-time list for catches (233) and receiving yards (3,482).

WEAKNESSES: Undersized with a maxed out frame…worked hard to mature his muscle, but doesn’t play with functional power…can be overwhelmed by physical corners who gain body position…inconsistent in contested situations…smaller hands, which leads to double-catches…needs to continue and develop his release technique vs. the jam…quicker than fast and lacks elite long-speed…more of a catch-and-go player than legitimate deep threat…try-hard blocker, but limited in this area…smaller build leads to durability questions – missed significant action as a junior due to a torn adductor (groin) muscle (Oct. 2014); also multiple diagnosed concussions on his medical report.

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at Oklahoma, Shepard lined up all over the formation for the Sooners and leaves as the No. 2 receiver in the school record books, behind only Ryan Broyles. His father starred on the 1985 Oklahoma National Championship Team and was a graduate assistant when Stoops first arrived in Norman so Sterling grew up around the program and was embraced when his father unexpectedly died of a heart attack in 1999 (diagnosed with an enlarged heart). At only six years old, Shepherd told Stoops, who gave one of the eulogies at the funeral, that he was going to play for him one day – wore #3 on his Oklahoma jersey, just like his father. Shepard has electric feet and looks like an artist with the ball in his hands, creating something impressive. His lack of size and strength will limit him in some areas, but he has above average body control and route savvy, using tempo and multiple gears to get open. Despite his limitations, Shepard is a very natural pass-catcher with the skills to be a YAC monster – can play inside or outside in the NFL, but ideally suited for the slot.

red
04-29-2016, 06:50 PM
bears trade to bills

pittstang5
04-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Ragland to Buff

pbmax
Tyler DunneVerified account
‏@TyDunne
And there it is, the #Bills go with Alabama inside linebacker Reggie Ragland at No. 41 overall.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11s11 seconds ago
Buffalo gave up a lot to move up for Reggie Ragland, too. Traded their 117th pick this year and a 2017 fourth-rounder to move up 8 slots.

red
Ragland to Buff

fuck us

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:53 PM
3. REGGIE RAGLAND | Alabama 6012|247 lbs|4SR Madison, Ala. (Bob Jones) 9/14/1993 (age 22) #19
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 1st-2nd 2012: (11/0) 8 0.0 0.0 1 0 0 MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 | Hand: 09 7/8 | Wingspan: 77 3/4 2013: (13/0) 17 0.5 0.0 0 0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.72 | 10-YD: 1.65 | 20-YD: 2.75 | VJ: 31.5 | BJ: 09’08” | SS: 4.32 2014: (14/13) 95 10.5 1.5 1 4 1 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (15/15) 102 6.5 2.5 2 7 0 Total: (53/28) 222 17.5 4.0 4 11 1

BACKGROUND: A four-star linebacker recruit out of high school, Reginald “Reggie” Ragland narrowed his recruitment focus on Alabama and Auburn, choosing the Crimson Tide during his junior year – also starred in basketball and track and field in high school. With a logjam at linebacker when he arrived in Tuscaloosa, Saban considered moving Ragland to tight end to get him on the field, which Ragland was open to, but he stayed at linebacker and was a valuable reserve and special teamer as a freshman and sophomore. With C.J. Mosley leaving for the NFL after the 2013 season, Ragland won the starting weakside inside linebacker job and finished second on the team with 95 tackles and 10.5 tackles for loss, earning First Team All-SEC honors. He returned for his senior season in 2015 and led the team in tackles (102) and was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, earning First Team All-SEC honors. Ragland accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Well-strapped together with tough body armor and long arms…not an elite speed player, but plays with excellent reactive athleticism, closing burst to finish and lateral quickness to avoid second level blocks…explosive striker, unlocking his hips and finishing – several jarring hits on his film to separate man from ball…technically sound wrap tackler with strong wrists and hands…garbage man in the run game, working well through the trash…quick eyes to diagnose and attack – very alert to see plays develop and plan accordingly…makes all the defensive calls and is the player on defense his teammates look to…disciplined and prepared, not falling for fakes and rarely making mental mistakes – loves watching film and has developed his football recognition skills…active blitzer and will put his hand on the ground in passing situations, shaving blocks and bending well around the corner…violent play style and doesn’t stay blocked for long…high effort player with a love for football – dirtiest jersey on the field and throws his body around like each snap is his last…didn’t play on special teams in 2015, but has extensive experience from previous seasons…high character person…named top defensive player in the SEC in 2015 with tremendous starting production.

WEAKNESSES: Overaggressive pursuit angles and needs to better throttle down in space to break down at the contact point…hyper-focused run defender and will leave his eyes in the backfield too long at times, causing him to be late in coverage – trusts what he sees, but often too patient…needs to widen his vision to protect from cut blocks, pick up crossers and better recognize routes…suspect intelligence and learns more by repetition…out-matched trying to stick with slot receivers down the field in coverage…violent play style leads to durability questions – several minor injuries in his career, including to his shoulder, but nothing serious.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Ragland lined up primarily at the weakside inside linebacker position, playing the same role as Dont’a Hightower and C.J. Mosley in Nick Saban’s scheme – also put his hand on the ground as an edge rusher when Alabama went to four-man fronts. He is an excellent point of attack player with good play speed and it’s no coincidence that he’s always around the ball with his diagnose skills. Ragland can be overaggressive at times, which leads to misses, but he is the hardest hitter in this class and flashes violence in his hands to detach himself from blocks. Since 2010, Saban has had three inside linebackers drafted top-25 (Rolando McClain, Hightower, Mosley) and Ragland should be the fourth, fitting best as an inside linebacker in a 3-4, but also fits in the middle of 4-3 schemes. He is a punishing, instinctive run defender with promising traits to hold up in coverage – high floor prospect who is at worst a two-down thumper.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 16s17 seconds ago
Buffalo gave up a lot to move up for Reggie Ragland, too. Traded their 117th pick this year and a 2017 fourth-rounder to move up 8 slots.

red
04-29-2016, 06:56 PM
sooooo?

kentrell brothers?

Dominique Alexander?

its a giant jump down in talent from the guys taken, to whats left

wist43
04-29-2016, 06:59 PM
sooooo?

kentrell brothers?

I like Cravens and Jones better than Brothers.

pittstang5
04-29-2016, 07:00 PM
I like Cravens and Jones better than Brothers.

Yep...Jones, then Cravens for me.

Joemailman
sooooo?

kentrell brothers?

Isn't he supposed to be a step slow? I like Blake Martinez in 3rd round.

pbmax
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17s18 seconds ago
The #Ravens select at No. 42 #BoiseSt LB Kamalei Correa. Tackle first, then pass-rusher.

wist43
04-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Liked Correa better than Brothers too...

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:02 PM
7. KAMALEI CORREA | Boise State 6025|243 lbs|3JR Honolulu, Hawaii (Saint Louis School) 4/27/1994 (age 22) #8
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 2nd Round 2013: (13/0) 12 1.5 1.0 0 MEASUREABLES Arm: 31 5/8 | Hand: 09 3/8 | Wingspan: 75 5/8 2014: (14/14) 59 19.0 12.0 2 COMBINE BP: 40-YD: 4.69 | 10-YD: 1.62 | 20-YD: 2.72 | BP: 21 | VJ: 33 | BJ: 09’00” 2015: (13/13) 39 11.0 7.0 3 PRO DAY VJ: 34 | BJ: 09’09” | SS: 4.18 | 3C: 6.96 Total: (40/27) 110 31.5 20.0 5 PRONUNCIATION KAH-muh-lay // corr-AY-uh

BACKGROUND: A three-star defensive end recruit out of high school, Correa committed to Boise State over several Pac-12 programs like Arizona, Arizona State and Utah. He served as a true freshman back-up in 2013 and recorded 12 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack. Correa became a starter in 2014 as a sophomore (14 starts) and led the team in tackles for loss (19.0) and sacks (12.0), earning First Team All-MWC honors. He again started every game as a junior in 2015 (13 starts) and led the team in tackles for loss (11.0), sacks (7.0) and forced fumbles (three), earning Second Team All-MWC honors. Correa elected to forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Quick-footed athlete with the flexible lower body to move laterally around blocks…above average short-area burst and balance, changing his speeds well in his movements to keep blockers guessing…bursts off the ball and gets upfield in a blink…fast eyes to make snap decisions on the fly, breaking down well in space…shows the ability to extend, snatch and toss with aggressive hands to jolt at the point of attack…moves well in reverse to drop and cover zones in the middle of the field…physical striker with lift-and-drive technique to be a finisher once he makes contact…high effort hustler with the competitive fire that sustains all four quarters…productive the past two seasons as a starter, leading the team in sacks and tackles for loss both years…durable and started all 27 games the past two seasons.

WEAKNESSES: Tweener size, length and growth potential…lacks the hand strength to rip through or overwhelm blockers…struggles to consistently stack and detach himself from blocks on the edge…relies on his lower body to penetrate the pocket, not his upper body mechanics or power – needs to develop his take-on technique…can be moved at the point of attack in the run game, especially by double-teams…unpolished pass rush moves and sequence…needs to recognize play designs and screens quicker.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Correa lined up as the “stud” defensive end in Boise State’s versatile 3-4 scheme, playing with his hand on the ground and standing up off the line of scrimmage – highly productive as a starter with 31.5 tackles for loss in 27 career starts. He is a loose-hipped athlete with the sudden quickness and lateral agility to work his way around bodies and threaten the pocket. Correa is aggressive at the point of attack, but he can be washed out of the hole due to his average size/strength for the trenches – needs to develop his hand use to better stack-and-shed. His pass rush arsenal lacks variety at this point in his development and his production is based more on effort and raw athleticism rather than technique and discipline. Although he needs space to be effective, Correa is an ascending edge rusher due to his athleticism and competitive toughness – ideally suited outside in a 3-4 scheme.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 07:03 PM
After you get past Jones and Perry, I have a bunch of ILBs rated similarly. In that case I think they'll bypass need for BPA. I'm not big Cravens fan.

pbmax
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 29s30 seconds ago
The #Titans, hunting CBs and DTs, grab #PennSt DT Austin Johnson at No. 43.

Rastak
Titans take:

9. AUSTIN JOHNSON | Penn State 6043|314 lbs|4JR Galloway, N.J. (St. Augustine Prep) 5/8/1994 (age 21) #99
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 3/4 | Hand: 09 7/8 | Wingspan: 77 3/8 2013: (12/2) 27 3.0 1.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 5.32 | 10-YD: 1.85 | 20-YD: 3.07 | BP: 25 | VJ: 26 | BJ: 08’03” | SS: 4.75 | 3C: 7.84 2014: (13/13) 49 6.0 1.0 0 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (13/13) 78 15.0 6.5 1 Total: (38/28) 154 24.0 8.5 1

BACKGROUND: A three-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Austin “A.J.” Johnson was also an all-state performer in basketball so he went underrecruited. He picked up offers from Boston College and Rutgers, but the moment Penn State (his favorite childhood team) offered a scholarship, Johnson accepted, redshirting in 2012. He started a pair of games in 2013 as a redshirt freshman, recording 27 tackles, 3.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack. Johnson became a full-time starter in 2014 as a sophomore and collected 49 tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack. He had his best season as a junior in 2015 (13 starts), finishing third on the team with 78 tackles, 15.0 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks to earn Third Team All-Big Ten honors. Johnson decided to skip his senior season and leave school for the 2016 NFL Draft. He was eligible for the 2016 Senior Bowl and accepted his invitation.

STRENGTHS: Thick body type with broad shoulders and meaty lower body…core strength and flexibility to stack and anchor double-teams…moves well for his size with natural body control and smooth hip action…carries his weight well to mirror up and down the line of scrimmage, offering pass rush value due to his lateral agility to sidestep blockers…balanced feet in space and through congestion…heavy-handed to generate push and work his way through bodies, making him tough to contain…active with his limbs to snatch and stash, playing with violence to press blockers from his frame…improved ball awareness to quickly locate and hustle in pursuit…plays pissed off and known as a lunch pail worker…highly productive in 2015, finishing third on the team in tackles (78) and was one of only three interior defensive linemen at the FBS level who tallied at least 15.0 tackles for loss on the season…durable and started every game the last two seasons, rarely leaving the field….graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism (Dec. 2015).

WEAKNESSES: Only average initial quickness and snap anticipation…inconsistent pad level and plays too high, struggling to routinely sink…overaggressive in pursuit and needs to play more controlled in small spaces…requires mechanical development, especially with his hand placement and reach to keep separation from blockers…effort isn’t a question as a pass rusher, but needs to better mix up his moves and put more thought into his sequence – needs a better counter move…not a rangy player and has a small radius of impact…productive tackler and strong finisher, but needs to better reset and break down in motion.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter in Penn State’s four-man front, Johnson lined mostly as a nose and one-technique tackle and while his defensive line teammates Carl Nassib and Anthony Zettel would often rotate in and out, Johnson rarely left the field. He has well-distributed mass on his frame and holds up well vs. multiple blockers to clog the middle of the field and mirror ballcarriers. Although not a rangy player, his motor is always revving and he moves well in small areas with strong hands to stack and create movement. A player whose production matches the tape, Johnson has an impressive blend of power, quickness and awareness to fit both even and odd fronts – 1st round skill-set and ideally suited as a starting one-technique tackle in a 4-3 base.

Joemailman
04-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Why is A'Shawn Robinson sliding?

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1m1 minute ago
Illinois DE Jihad Ward to #Raiders at No. 44 overall.

Rastak
Raiders take:

13. JIHAD WARD | Illinois 6051|297 lbs|4SR Philadelphia, Pa. (Bok Edward) 3/11/1994 (age 22) #17
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 3rd-4th Round 2012: Globe Institute of Technology (N.Y.) MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 7/8 | Hand: 09 3/8 | Wingspan: 81 1/8 2013: Globe Institute of Technology (N.Y.) COMBINE 40-YD: 5.11 | 10-YD: 1.76 | 20-YD: 2.97 | BP: 20 | VJ: 25 | BJ: 09’03” | SS: 4.63 | 3C: 7.38 2014: (13/13) 51 8.5 3.0 2 (Illinois) PRO DAY 40-YD: 5.09 | 10-YD: 1.80 | 20-YD: 2.96 | BP: 22 | VJ: 28 | BJ: 09’02” | SS: 4.78 | 3C: 7.45 2015: (12/12) 53 3.5 1.5 1 (Illinois) PRONUNCIATION juh-HODD Total: (25/25) 104 12.0 4.5 3

BACKGROUND: A three-star defensive end recruit, Ward received interest from Penn State and Temple out of high school, but didn’t qualify academically and decided to go the JUCO route – didn’t play football until high school and was a wide receiver and safety until moving to the defensive line as a senior. Ward played two seasons at Globe Tech (Time Square in New York City) and was a three-star JUCO recruit, committing to Illinois over West Virginia and several other programs. He earned a starting defensive end job as a junior in 2014 and recorded 51 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks, earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. Ward started all 12 games as a senior in 2015, recording 53 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks to earn All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors for the second straight year. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Tall, moldable frame with thick thighs – doesn’t skip leg day…moves extremely well for a man his size, showing smooth change of direction and rangy pursuit…lateral quickness to stunt and shave angles…long arms and uses his length to control the edges and hold contain…can create a push with initial momentum, driving blockers backwards…clear sightlines to survey the backfield due to his height…strong hands to corral ballcarriers…fantastic effort with a motor that never quits, cleaning up several plays due to his hustle…good head on his shoulders (father figure at home) with respected commitment – struggled through two years of junior college at a program not ideally built for football, including two-hour commutes each day, but persevered due to his motivation to advance his career…versatile experience at both defensive end and inside at defensive tackle.

WEAKNESSES: Tends to play high, allowing blockers to attack his chest and cut his legs…inconsistent punch timing and still learning how to use his length…doesn’t consistently convert speed to power with unpolished mechanics…streaky snap anticipation, often the last to move off the ball…late to diagnose and tends to think too much – ball instincts are still in the development phase…blockers keep him busy and lack of physicality stands out, preferring to go around bodies instead of responding with his hands…high motor player, but needs to ramp up the aggressiveness at the contact point…below average production for his skill-set, combining for just 4.5 sacks in 25 starts.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Illinois, Ward played primarily at left and right defensive end in a four-man front, kicking inside to defensive tackle on some passing downs. He has above average movement skills for a 300-pounder, but has received the “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” label from several around the league due to his physical traits not translating to football production. Despite his point of attack issues, Ward is coachable and effort isn’t question on film, rallying to the ball and pushing himself on and off the field. Although he is a developmental project right now, he is a lump of clay worth developing due to his raw traits and should be a better pro than college player – scheme-versatile with potential to play both inside and outside.

pbmax
Why is A'Shawn Robinson sliding?

Lotta D lineman are. Reed too.

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
There are NFL teams who believe Raiders' 2nd-round pick, DE Jihad Ward, will need arthroscopic knee surgery that could sideline him 6 weeks.

Joemailman
04-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Lotta D lineman are. Reed too.

Gotta think there's gonna be a run on them soon.

red
04-29-2016, 07:10 PM
can't help but think we could have and should have traded down, taken jack, smith or ragland. then used the pick we got to move back up in the second to get one of the alabama DT's

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Titans take RB Henry

pbmax
Why on Mike Stock's green earth do you want an injured player even in Round 2?

red
i don't know why we would

but just in case, one of our 3- 4th round picks would move us up to around pick #55

so if we do make a move, the window is coming soon

pbmax
Titans take RB Henry

Who you reading?

Smidgeon
Isn't hindsight great?

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Who you reading?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
Titans go with RB Derrick Henry from Alabama.The 2nrd RB in the draft goes 41 picks after the 1st

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:13 PM
To Titans:

2. DERRICK HENRY | Alabama 6025|247 lbs|3JR Yulee, Fla. (Yulee) 7/17/1994 (age 21) #2
YEAR (GP/GS) CAR YDS AVG TD REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 2nd Round 2013: (12/0) 35 382 10.9 3 1 61 61.0 1 MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 | Hand: 08 3/4 | Wingspan: 80 3/4 2014: (14/2) 172 990 5.8 11 5 133 26.6 2 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.54 | 10-YD: 1.60 | 20-YD: 2.67 | BP: 22 | VJ: 37 | BJ: 10’10” | SS: 4.38 | 3C: 7.20 2015: (15/15) 395 2,219 5.6 28 11 91 8.3 0 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) Total: (41/17) 602 3,591 6.0 42 17 285 16.8 3

BACKGROUND: A four-star running back recruit out of high school, Henry considered offers from Florida, Florida State, Georgia and others before committing to Alabama, enrolling early in Tuscaloosa – set the national high school career rushing mark with 11,232 yards. He played in 12 games as a true freshman in 2013, recording 382 rushing yards as one of the back-ups behind T.J. Yeldon. Despite only two starts, Henry’s role grew in 2014 as he shared the workload with Yeldon, finishing with a team-high 990 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. He had his best season as a junior, setting a new SEC record with 2,219 rushing yards (led nation), which won him numerous awards, including the Heisman Trophy, Doak Walker Award and Maxwell Award. Henry also earned All-American and First Team All-SEC status in 2015, leading the FBS in rushing touchdowns (28). He decided to leave school early for the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Built like a linebacker with firm muscle tone and physical demeanor…runs with purpose, natural strength and the body type that will run over defenders without slowing down – not an easy ballcarrier to finish off and always falling forward…long stiff-arm to keep defenders from his body…balanced and continues to pump his legs after initial contact – powerful body control…strong strides and able to stretch his legs and hit another gear at the second level…vision and run anticipation to follow blocks and consistently make smart decisions…attacks the line of scrimmage with conviction and doesn’t need gaping run lanes, making himself skinny to clear holes…adequate route runner and pass-catcher…improved in pass protection, squaring and anchoring to deliver blows and protect the pocket…reliable ball security (only five career fumbles)…proven workhorse and wears down the defense – averaged 31.7 carries per game vs. SEC competition in 2015…has experience on special teams coverages…humble, goal-oriented player who buys into coaching and expects the most out of himself…record-setting junior season and leaves Alabama No. 1 on the school’s all-time rushing yards list (3,591), passing Shaun Alexander in the 2015 National Title Game.

WEAKNESSES: Taller than ideal for the position with long legs and high pad level – presents a big target for defenders to target…choppy footwork when forced to redirect, lacking ideal elusiveness or dynamic athleticism to create on his own with moves…sluggish and overly patient to the hole at times, running into his own blockers and taking too long picking his lane – needs a runway to get started…struggles to generate push when he doesn’t lower his pads…needs to eliminate the drops and improve his focus at the catch point…benefited from a strong offensive line…took a lot of hits his final season in college, which might create lingering durability issues – suffered a fractured fibula that required surgery (April 2013) during spring practice as a true freshman.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter, Henry shared carries with Yeldon in 2014 before becoming the bell-cow featured runner for the Crimson Tide in 2015, setting a new SEC rushing record and winning the Heisman Trophy – well-versed in a pro-style scheme. Since 2011, Alabama has had four running backs drafted in the first two rounds (with mixed results) and Henry should be the fifth. He is a powerful, yet graceful north-south athlete who can fit through tight spaces, using patience and instincts to gash defenses – runaway train who is tough to slow down once he gets going and his final carry is as strong as (or stronger than) his first carry, getting better as the game progresses. Henry attacks downhill and pumps his legs with light feet, but his long legs and taller torso/pads aren’t ideal for the position – not shifty and doesn’t always properly use his power. Henry will struggle to be as dominant in the NFL as he was at Alabama, but he has the athletic skill-set to be a tough, reliable grinder and a blended version of LeGarrette Blount and Brandon Jacobs – top-60 prospect who should

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Draft a RB n Round 2 after signing Murray. ???

red
04-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Why on Mike Stock's green earth do you want an injured player even in Round 2?

because an injured ILB in the second is better then any that we have or have had on the roster for quite a few years now at ILB

pbmax
Armando Salguero
‏@ArmandoSalguero

More Alabama ... DT Ashawn Robinson to Detroit.

woodbuck27
Edit of original:

Were 11 picks to TT's 2nd Rd. pick:

Seeing anyone you like develop yet? Here's the remaining TOP Rated Prospects remaining:

It wont be a pick at ILB.

Robinson, A'Shawn DT 6'4" 307 Alabama 6.3

Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana 5.8

Thomas, Michael WR 6'3" 212 Ohio St. 5.8

Hooper, Austin TE 6'4" 254 Stanford 5.7

Booker, Devontae RB 5'11" 219 Utah 5.7

Dixon, Kenneth RB 5'10" 215 Louisiana Tech 5.7

Vannett, Nick TE 6'6" 257 Ohio St. 5.7

Calhoun, Shilique DE 6'4" 251 Michigan St. 5.7

Miller, Braxton WR 6'1" 201 Ohio St. 5.6

Bell, Vonn FS 5'11" 199 Ohio St. 5.6

Killebrew, Miles SS 6'2" 217 Southern Utah 5.6

Cooper, Pharoh WR 5'11" 203 South Carolina 5.6

Nassib, Carl DE 6'7" 277 Penn St. 5.6

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Draft a RB n Round 2 after signing Murray. ???

Yea, that's what I said when I read it.

red
04-29-2016, 07:16 PM
fuck hermam moore

wist43
04-29-2016, 07:17 PM
there goes Robinson... liked him more than Clark

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Lions:

3. A’SHAWN ROBINSON | Alabama 6035|307 lbs|3JR Fort Worth, Texas (Arlington Heights) 3/21/1995 (age 21) #86
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2013: (13/2) 38 8.0 5.5 0 MEASUREABLES Arm: 34 1/2 | Hand: 10 1/2 | Wingspan: 83 1/2 2014: (14/13) 49 6.5 0.0 1 COMBINE 40-YD: 5.20 | 10-YD: 1.78 | 20-YD: 3.01 | BP: 22 | VJ: 26 | BJ: 08’10” | SS: 4.74 | 3C: 7.80 2015: (15/15) 46 7.5 3.5 0 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) Total: (42/30) 133 22.0 9.0 1

BACKGROUND: A five-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Robinson was one of the top prep players in the state of Texas and initially verballed to the Longhorns as a junior before switching his commitment to Alabama before signing day. He saw immediate action as a true freshman in 2013 with two starts, leading the team in sacks (5.5) to earn Freshman All-America honors. Robinson became a full-time starter in 2014 as a sophomore, recording 49 tackles and 6.5 tackles for loss, splitting his time between nose tackle and five-technique spots. He started all 15 games as a junior in 2015, finishing with 46 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks to earn First Team All-SEC honors. Robinson elected to forego his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Big-boned frame with proportionate thickness throughout – physically mature with the look of a grown man…powerful core and limbs to control the point of attack and stack-and-shed…smooth athleticism with the lateral range to mirror and scrape down the line of scrimmage in pursuit…hip flexibility and body control to work tight spaces…shows the ability to lock out, press the hole and make stops in the gap…plays with shock in his hands to work through the trash…can sink and drive his lower body to create separation from blocks or push the pocket…strong ball awareness and backfield vision to recognize things quickly…uses his big hands and long arms to knock the ball down at the line of scrimmage (five passes defended and three blocked kicks in his career)…drawing constant double-teams and keep blockers busy…well-versed in multiple defensive line techniques – responds well to coaching and applies what he learns during the week…humble, low-key personality and dedicated in the classroom.

WEAKNESSES: Underwhelming initial move and allows his pads to rise at contact, playing too upright and losing leverage…not an explosive athlete and more of a onenote chaser…below average pass rush skill-set, lacking the hand sequence or burst to consistently penetrate the pocket…thinks too much, causing him to be a step late…needs to be more disciplined stacking the edge to hold outside contain and gain body angles…wears himself out and just goes through the motions on several snaps – needs to show the same competitive drive each play…unimpressive career production.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter in Alabama’s 3-4 base defense, Robinson lined up everywhere from the zero- to six-technique positions on the right side of the defensive line, showing the ability to two-gap as a five-technique or anchor at nose tackle. A player with the look and power of a grown man, he was nicknamed the “man child” by his mother growing up because she literally had to keep his birth certificate in her purse to prove her son was playing in the appropriate age group. A stout run defender, Robinson is raw as a pass rusher, but his production doesn’t always show on the stat sheet – was mostly asked to two-gap, clog things up and occupy blockers to free up the linebackers at Alabama. He tends to tire easily and is a frustrating player on tape because his flashes are very good, but they don’t happen consistently. Robinson is the poster prospect for the golden rule of scouting (traits over production) and although he doesn’t have a high ceiling, he should start in the NFL for a long time as a three-down defender, fitting even and odd fronts – not a top-tier prospect, but a solid first round player, drawing similarities to St. Louis Rams defensive lineman Michael Brockers.

red
04-29-2016, 07:18 PM
there goes Robinson... liked him more than Clark

seems like everyone but TT did

but TT knows his d-lineman

:roll:

Joemailman
04-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Best available:

Mackenzie Alexander
Andrew Billings
Jarren Reed
Jason Spriggs
Jonathan Bullard
Su'a Cravens
Braxton Miller
Shon Coleman
Austin Cooper

BZnDallas
04-29-2016, 07:19 PM
Double dip with Billings, go with LB Dion Jones, or the OL Spriggs?

woodbuck27
04-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Great pick by the Lions.

DT A'Shawn Robinson... 6'4" 307 Alabama Pick 15, Round 2 (46) Grade 6.3

A second round steal?

pbmax
Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 53s54 seconds ago
Titans have a real shot to win the 1990 AFC Central division title.

red
yes, lets pan down a lot more tonight to look at guys shoes

that girl is wearing some nice leather pants and wears then well

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15s15 seconds ago
The #Packers have traded up with the #Colts and are now on the clock at No. 48

!!!!!!

UNSOUND!!

Rastak
Packers on the clock...traded with Colts

Rastak
Still no word on Saints pick.

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:23 PM
Jumped the Bears!

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 15s16 seconds ago
#Packers jump ahead of #Bears in trade with #Colts for No. 48. Green Bay coming up from No. 57.

Rastak
TT trading up - interesting.....

woodbuck27
RE: NFL.com:

TOP 15:

red
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15s15 seconds ago
The #Packers have traded up with the #Colts and are now on the clock at No. 48

!!!!!!

UNSOUND!!

we had to have given up the 4th and a 5th, or a pick next year

would have been nice to move up a half hour ago

wist43
My guess?? Spriggs

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Thomas - WR to Saints

red
i think its the tackle from indiana. i remember reading that the packers liked him a while back

pittstang5
holy Crap!!! WHo?

Billings, Spriggs, Reed?

pbmax
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 46s46 seconds ago
The #Saints take WR Michael Thomas from #OhioState, and source said he was the top WR on their board. He goes No. 47.

wist43
Spriggs, or definitely a WTF pick, lol :)

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:25 PM
Saints:

4. MICHAEL THOMAS | Ohio State 6026|217 lbs|4JR Los Angeles, Calif. (Woodland Hills Taft) 8/16/1994 (age 21) #3
YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2011: Fork Union Military Academy MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 1/8 | Hand: 10 1/2 | Wingspan: 78 1/4 2012: (11/0) 3 22 7.3 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.57 | 10-YD: 1.55 | 20-YD: 2.63 | BP: 18 | VJ: 35 | BJ: 10’06” | SS: 4.13 | 3C: 6.80 2013: Redshirted PRO DAY 40-YD: 4.57 | 10-YD: 1.63 | 20-YD: 2.63 | VJ: 33 2014: (15/14) 54 799 14.8 9 2015: (13/13) 56 781 13.9 9 Total: (39/27) 113 1,602 14.2 18

BACKGROUND: A three-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, Thomas wasn’t highly recruited and passed on offers from Oregon State, Syracuse and Oklahoma State to attend Fork Union Military Academy in 2011 (roommate of Cardale Jones there). After a season at the prep ranks, he was considered a four-star recruit and narrowed his college choice to Ohio State, Notre Dame and Oklahoma State, choosing the Buckeyes. Thomas saw limited action as a true freshman in 2012, recording three catches for 22 yards. Struggling with consistency and academics, the coaches decided to redshirt him in 2013. Thomas returned in 2014 as a sophomore (14 starts) and led the National Champs with 54 receptions for 799 yards and nine touchdowns. He produced similar numbers in 2015 as a redshirt junior with a teambest 56 catches for 781 yards and nine scores, earning Third Team All-Big Ten honors. Thomas decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Well-built frame with ideal height and muscle definition for the position – has worked hard to develop his strength…natural hands to attack the ball away from his body, showing usually terrific hand-eye coordination…reliable in 50-50 situations, using his body strength and powerful hands to establish body position and out-physical defensive backs…strategic route-runner and very deliberate in his patterns, using his footwork to get defenders leaning and commit their hips…athletic toe-tapper along the sidelines…strong strides to accelerate and pick up speed as he goes…determined leaper to highpoint…NFL bloodlines – uncle (Keyshawn Johnson) is a former No. 1 overall pick and 11-year NFL veteran…reliable production the past two seasons despite limited opportunities.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks above average start/stop athleticism to easily create outside of the route…cornerbacks can match his burst and vertical speed, limiting his ability to consistently separate…mechanical at times in his movements, lacking ideal lower body fluidity…strong hands, but will have some focus drops, thinking too much about his surroundings…good pop as a blocker, but doesn’t consistently sustain…wasn’t asked to run a diverse route tree in Ohio State’s offense…had trouble picking up the offense early in his career…not a proven deep threat…consistent production, but wasn’t asked to be a workhorse receiver (only two career 100-yard receiving games).

SUMMARY: A two-year starter in Ohio State’s spread attack, Thomas is a late bloomer, not starting full-time in high school until his senior season (caught 21 touchdowns from former Arizona State quarterback Mike Bercovici at Woodland Hills Taft). He spent a year at prep school after high school and two more seasons learning the Buckeyes’ offense before emerging as the best Ohio State wide receiver in 2014, leading the team in catches the last two seasons. Thomas isn’t the fastest or most explosive, but he is a good-sized athlete and detailed route runner with little wasted movements to create spacing at the stem. Although he will need time to adapt to a NFL playbook, he projects as a No. 2 wide receiver at the next level due to his savvy footwork, body control and ballskills to be a reliable possession target – top-50 prospect and NFL starter by year two.

red
My guess?? Spriggs

him

pbmax
holy Crap!!! WHo?

Billings, Spriggs, Reed?

Jones?

red
only gave up the 4th and a 7th, great value

woodbuck27
WOW !

Ted moved up..who is it !??

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Gotta be a DT

Rastak
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 23s24 seconds ago
The Packers have given up No. 57 and No. 125 (and possibly another pick) to move up in round two.

red
FREEEEEEE

he did what??????

red
04-29-2016, 07:27 PM
yup

bye bye bahk

Rastak
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 9s10 seconds ago
Jason Spriggs to Packers

Cheesehead Craig
Spriggs. Intriguing

pittstang5
LOVE IT!!

Wist is gonna hate it.

Teamcheez1
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 23s24 seconds ago
The Packers have given up No. 57 and No. 125 (and possibly another pick) to move up in round two.

Does this seem like a lot to move up 8 spots in the 2nd round?

esoxx
Me likey.

pbmax
Another Senior Bowl standout for Ted.

Maxie the Taxi
Love that choice. Spriggs!

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:28 PM
5. JASON SPRIGGS | Indiana 6055|301 lbs|4SR Elkhart, Ind. (Concord) 5/17/1994 (age 21) #78
YEAR (GP/GS) GRADE 2nd Round 2012: (12/12) 12 LT MEASUREABLES Arm: 34 | Hand: 10 1/8 | Wingspan: 81 3/8 2013: (12/12) 12 LT COMBINE 40-YD: 4.94 | 10-YD: 1.76 | 20-YD: 2.90 | BP: 31 | VJ: 31.5 | BJ: 09’07” | SS: 4.44 | 3C: 7.70 2014: (11/10) 10 LT PRO DAY VJ: 35 | 3C: 7.37 2015: (13/13) 13 LT Total: (48/47) 47 LT

BACKGROUND: A three-star tight end recruit out of high school, Spriggs received mostly MAC attention, but Indiana saw a future offensive lineman and offered him a scholarship. He earned the starting left tackle job as a true freshman in 2012, starting all 12 games and earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. Spriggs again started all 12 games as a sophomore in 2013, but missed a pair of games due to injury as a junior, starting 10 games at left tackle in 2014. He started all 13 games at left tackle as a senior in 2015, earning Second Team All-Big Ten and Third Team All-America honors. Spriggs accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Athletic frame and adequate arm length, extending well to meet rushers and come to balance at the point of attack…quickly sets up shop and gets into position…comfortable on his feet and stays balanced in space, showing good knee bend and overall flexibility…measured footwork and controlled movements to mirror in pass protection…understands body angles to wall off run lanes…intelligent with strong understanding of his responsibilities…quick eyes and prefers to use his hands to jolt and steer bodies in the run game…room to get stronger and continue to add bulk…has the desired competitive temperament for a lineman, fighting through the whistle…team captain with a blue collar mentality and goal-oriented mind-set…four-year starter at left tackle (47 career starts).

WEAKNESSES: Questionable core strength and needs to continue and add thickness to his frame…base power and technique require refinement…needs to keep a consistent center of gravity, popping upright and losing his anchor…inconsistent punch placement and needs to do a better job controlling the point of attack once engaged…inconsistent bender, causing him to struggle with counters and moving targets…needs to better drive through his hips as a run blocker, struggling to consistently unleash his power to finish…will lower his eye level and whiff on cut block attempts…had to be taken off the field on a stretcher due to a neck injury, missing two games (Oct. 2014).

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at left tackle in the Hoosiers’ up-tempo offense, Spriggs was recruited as a tight end and lineman, but stayed at offensive tackle once he arrived in Bloomington and blossomed into a NFL prospect (Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson on Spriggs: “His skill-set is as talented as any lineman I’ve coached.”). He weighed only 265 pounds as a senior in high school and has done a great job filling out his frame, but not all the way there yet – needs to get stronger and continue to develop his core strength. It’s tough to find negative plays on his film in pass protection due to his body control and awareness for the position, showing a strong understanding of his responsibilities to get the job done. Although he’s likely not ready to start in the NFL as a rookie, Spriggs has the overall ability and talent to develop into a swing tackle – second round prospect who might be drafted in the top-25 due to his athletic potential.

red
draft diamonds back from church PB

woodbuck27
WOW !

Ted moved up..who is it !??

Packers (From Colts) OT Jason Spriggs, .... 6'6" 301 Indiana 5.8

Good for TT !

red
04-29-2016, 07:29 PM

no, exact opposite

BZnDallas
04-29-2016, 07:29 PM
Great pick! Win Championships from the inside out!

red
04-29-2016, 07:30 PM
bears are trading back, they wanted spriggs

LOL

pick just got sweeter

Rastak
Bears trade down.......SeaHawks on the clock...

wist43
LOVE IT!!

Wist is gonna hate it.

He's okay... typically soft, no run blocking. But he has good feet, and will bulk up... so it's okay in the 2nd round. Didn't want him in the 1st round.

Joemailman
04-29-2016, 07:31 PM
yup

bye bye bahk

Either Sitton or Lang will leave in FA and Bakh will move to Guard.

pbmax
draft diamonds back from church PB

yeah saw Ras get it.

Rastak
From PFF:

17 (48). Green Bay Packers: Jason Spriggs | Grade: B+
Rumored to be a first-round pick after a great combine workout, Spriggs goes to Green Bay where he joins David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga at offensive tackle. He may ease into the mix, but should eventually be pegged for a starting spot. His +6.6 pass blocking grade ranked 10th in the class but he whiffs too often in the running game at this point. Spriggs’ athleticism makes him a good zone-blocking fit for Green Bay.

pbmax
He's okay... typically soft, no run blocking. But he has good feet, and will bulk up... so it's okay in the 2nd round. Didn't want him in the 1st round.

Good to have a true OT on the roster even if its depth for a year.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:32 PM
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 20s20 seconds ago
Jarran Reed to Seattle

Sparkey
04-29-2016, 07:33 PM

The 4th is not a big deal as they have two comp picks in the 4th.

Love the pick. No more turnstile crap at Tackle when someone gets hurt.

Rastak
Seahawks:

2. JARRAN REED | Alabama 6027|307 lbs|4SR Goldsboro, N.C. (Goldsboro) 12/16/1992 (age 23) #90
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 1st Round 2011: Hargrave Military Academy MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 3/8 | Hand: 10 1/2 | Wingspan: 81 1/8 2012: East Mississippi Community College COMBINE 40-YD: 5.21 | 10-YD: 1.80 | 20-YD: 3.02 | VJ: 31 | BJ: 08’08” | SS: 4.75 | 3C: 7.77 2013: East Mississippi Community College PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2014: (14/13) 55 6.5 1.0 0 (Alabama) PRONUNCIATION Jer-in 2015: (15/15) 57 4.5 1.0 0 (Alabama) Total: (29/28) 112 11.0 2.0 0

BACKGROUND: A no-star linebacker recruit out of high school, Reed was set to play at Division-II Fayetteville State before receiving late attention after an all-star game, deciding instead to attend Hargrave Military Academy to boost his profile. He moved to the defensive line and received more looks, but didn’t have the grades and went the JUCO route, enrolling at East Mississippi Community College for the 2012 season. After a year at the JUCO level, Reed received a handful of offers, initially committing to North Carolina before switching to Ole Miss and then switching again to Florida, but academic issues prevented the transfer and he returned to EMCC for the 2013 season. Reed was a three-star JUCO recruit and signed with Alabama for the 2014 season, starting the final 13 games and recording 55 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack. He considered going pro, but returned for his senior season in Tuscaloosa and finished with 57 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack. Reed accepted his invite to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Well-proportioned frame with a strong trunk and thick hips – built like a vending machine with arms…immovable object at the point of attack and rarely put in reverse, stacking with a strong upper body to control blocks…initial pop to generate movement off the snap and push the pocket when attempting to pass rush…moves well for his size with the lateral agility to stunt, drop his hips and bend around bodies…physical hands and improved shed technique, taking advantage of body angles, leverage and leaning blockers…sees through blocks with quick eyes and ball awareness to locate, read and react – high tackle numbers (112 the past two seasons) due to his instincts and patience vs. the run…knack for blocking sight lines and knocking down passes at the line of scrimmage (seven career passes defended)…tough-minded to do the dirty work in the trenches with experience at nose guard and several defensive line techniques…positive mentality and handled adversity well to get to this point – reliable competitor and has shown the ability to overcome setbacks.

WEAKNESSES: Average overall range and pursuit speed with minimal impact outside the hashes – good effort in pursuit but will tire quickly…limited pass rush skills and doesn’t show the functional moves to beat blockers and infiltrate the pocket – not a three-down player in every scheme…will stand up at times off the snap, negating his ability to two-gap…off-field decision-making needs investigated due to his past, including a DUI arrest (July 2014) – admitted it was a “childish mistake” and was suspended for fall camp…medicals need vetted, nursing a tender left shoulder as a senior.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter in Alabama’s 3-4 base defense, Reed lined up mostly at nose tackle, but also moved to various inside positions between the zero and five technique spots – led the Crimson Tide in tackles among the defensive linemen each of the last two seasons, which accurately reflects his impact vs. the run. Reed is balanced to absorb contact at the point of attack, holding his ground with a stout anchor and fierce hand work. He isn’t a rangy player, but is a smooth athlete for his size, scraping down the line of scrimmage and pushing the pocket with initial momentum. Reed has a small radius of impact, but he’s very effective in that small area and although he won’t sell many jerseys, he is the type of run defender every NFL team would love to add to the rotation – two-down player in the NFL, fitting both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes.

woodbuck27
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-by-round-input:2/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-grade-input:1/dt-by-position-input:ol

Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana Pick 17, Round 2 (48) Packers 5.8

Picks remaining:

Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade Watch

pittstang5

Ok - I thought you didn't like him at all.

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3m3 minutes ago
Thompson traded 2nd-rounder (No. 57), fourth (125) and 7th (248) to move up to 48 overall for Spriggs. Three picks for one, un-Thompson-like

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
In 2000, the #Packers took a left tackle in the second round -- Chad Clifton. Wasn't supposed to play immediately, either. Turned out OK.

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Like to see the Vikings grab Vonn Bell

pbmax
04-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Jeff Dickerson ‏@DickersonESPN 4m4 minutes ago
#Bears trade No. 49 to #Seahawks for No. 56, No. 124 in 4th round.

Guiness
04-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Either Sitton or Lang will leave in FA and Bakh will move to Guard.

I think this is much more likely. Bakh is what, 24? Started from day 1, and has played well. No way they should let him go.

pittstang5
04-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3m3 minutes ago
Thompson traded 2nd-rounder (No. 57), fourth (125) and 7th (248) to move up to 48 overall for Spriggs. Three picks for one, un-Thompson-like

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
In 2000, the #Packers took a left tackle in the second round -- Chad Clifton. Wasn't supposed to play immediately, either. Turned out OK.

TT will get a 7th back at some point.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2016, 07:38 PM
The 4th is not a big deal as they have two comp picks in the 4th.

Love the pick. No more turnstile crap at Tackle when someone gets hurt.

You're right. I misread the initial post and though we gave up our 3rd.

Rastak
The Daily Norseman ‏@DailyNorseman 39s39 seconds ago
Houston moves up to #50 in a trade with Atlanta. #NFLDraft2016

pbmax
If they liked Clark that much, its worked out OK.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 46s47 seconds ago
18 players drafted in the second round so far. 9 of them have been D-linemen.

wist43
Good to have a true OT on the roster even if its depth for a year.

Teams are going to throw power at him... he'll get walked back into Rodgers' lap plenty for a year or two.

Hopefully they can bulk him up a bit, and get him stronger, b/c at this point he'll be a liability against bull rushers and in the run game.

Guiness
Has anyone wandered by the nfl.com front page lately? They have a video, with sound, that autoplays, and there is no pause button! What a PITA.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2016, 07:39 PM
I heard they like Spriggs. I thought it was a smokescreen. Nope.

pbmax
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 18s18 seconds ago
Texans take C Martin from ND

wist43
TT will get a 7th back at some point.

Yeah, he'll likely trade out of the 3rd round... just to piss everyone off, and load up on those 'oh so precious 7th rounders'.

woodbuck27
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jason-spriggs?id=2555197

Overview

Spriggs excelled in his senior season, catching second-team All-Big Ten accolades along with the eyes of scouts.

The four-year starter also was named first team All-American by the Football Writers Association of America and third-team honors by the Associated Press.

Spriggs had a scary moment on the field in 2014 against Michigan State, as he was taken to the hospital after suffering a helmet-to-helmet blow. But since them he has shown the build (6-foot-7, 307 pounds), anchor in pass protection and willingness to block through the whistle to be the type of prospect NFL offensive line coaches will covet at left tackle.

Pro Day Results

Vertical: 35 inches
3-cone: 7.57 seconds

Analysis

Strengths Athletic frame with long arms. Comes out of his stance with tremendous quickness and has elite lateral movement. Can get to extremely difficult backside cutoff blocks. Knee bender. As a move blocker, lands squarely in the strike zone and rolls hips and feet under him to to wash down defender or secure a down-block. Shows good patience in space with ability to become solid combination blocker in zone scheme. Looks to finish. Able to adjust his assignments on the fly. Is active with his hands in pass pro. Will throw jabs with both hands rather than offering them up for defensive ends to swat. Has tools to substantially slow pass rushers when timing his punch. Durable, four-year starter.

Weaknesses Play strength needs improvement. Unable to match power as a base blocker and too easy moved off his spot. Struggles to cleanly absorb and eat contact without being jostled. Has crippling issue with over-setting in pass protection. Doesn't maintain much weight on inner half of his frame and has consistent issues redirecting his weight back inside with suddenness against inside moves. Doesn't use his length to his advantage often enough. Slows his slide when punching, allowing rushers opportunity to gain advantage around the corner. Needs stronger hands to snatch and control rather than just push. Ability to recover with power or athletic traits are a concern.

Draft Projection Round 2

NFL Comparison Ryan Harris

Bottom Line Spriggs has outstanding athleticism, but his play strength and overall recovery ability are major concerns for a position as important as tackle. Spriggs followed up a strong week at the Senior Bowl with a very good showing at the combine and has solidified his standing as an early round tackle amongst evaluators. If he can improve his inside post and prevent counter moves from eating him up, he has a chance to be a solid NFL starter on the left side

Rastak
04-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Texans:

2. NICK MARTIN | Notre Dame 6041|299 lbs|5SR Indianapolis, Ind. (Bishop Chatard) 4/29/1993 (age 23) #72
YEAR (GP/GS) GRADE 2nd-3rd Round 2011: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 1/2 | Hand: 09 3/4 | Wingspan: 78 2012: (13/0) COMBINE 40-YD: 5.22 | 10-YD: 1.80 | 20-YD: 3.02 | BP: 28 | VJ: 28 | BJ: 08’01” | SS: 4.72 | 3C: 7.57 2013: (11/11) 11 OC PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2014: (13/13) 3 OC, 10 LG 2015: (13/13) 13 OC Total: (50/37) 27 OC, 10 LG

BACKGROUND: A three-star offensive tackle recruit out of high school, Nicholas “Nick” Martin committed to Kentucky (his father’s alma mater) over Iowa early in the process, but switched his pledge to Notre Dame a few weeks prior to signing day to join his older brother in South Bend. After redshirting in 2011 and spending most of 2012 on special teams, Martin won the starting center job and started the first 11 games before a knee injury prematurely ended his season. He returned as the starting center for the Irish in 2014, but after three games, he moved to left guard due to injury and started the final 10 games there. Martin returned to his center post in 2015 as a senior and started all 13 games. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Solidly-built for the position…quick set-up off the snap with an assignment sound mind-set…squares well with a balanced base to absorb contact and hold his ground – able to anchor at shallow depth…natural lower body flexibility to mirror in short spaces…very effective on combo blocks, peeling off defenders and picking up rushers…veteran presence and vision, playing with a high football I.Q. – anticipates and reacts accordingly…made all the protection calls and knows how to ID defenders…two-year team captain with mature leadership traits and intangibles…graduated with a degree in management consulting (May 2015)…versatile starting experience at both center and guard…plays through pain with the fortitude for the NFL…athletic bloodlines – father (Keith) was an All-SEC defensive tackle at Kentucky and older brother (Zack) was an All-American at Notre Dame and now an All-Pro guard with the Dallas Cowboys.

WEAKNESSES: Ordinary arm length and physical features might limit his versatility in the NFL…reliable square blocker, but struggles with defenders on his edge and late to recover…can get caught lunging with his upper body, falling off blocks and ending up out of the play…not a rangy blocker and needs to improve his reliability as a puller and at the second level…room to eliminate the unnecessary penalties and play with more discipline…only had one major injury in college (knee, Nov. 2013), but also played through numerous minor issues over his career so his medical reports are crucial.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Martin has double-digit starts at both center and left guard on his collegiate résumé, but his best NFL fit is at center – named the Notre Dame Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2015. He was two-year team captain for the Irish with the intelligence and leadership skills both on and off the field that pro teams covet – graduated with a business degree in May 2015. Martin isn’t a powerfully dominant pivot, but is technically sound with the play awareness and desired toughness for the next level. Although not the same type of athlete or physical presence as his older brother, Martin is a high floor, reliable prospect with top intangibles (like his brother) and should play in the NFL for a long time – will compete for starting reps as a rookie.

pbmax
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
IU not an OT factory: The most appearances by a Hoosiers tackle in the NFL are 146 games — recorded by Bob Skoronski, 5th-rounder in 1956.

Rastak
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 18s18 seconds ago
Texans take C Martin from ND

I liked him in the 2nd for the Vikings....