PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Day 3

Pages : 1 [2]

KYPack
05-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Wood, thx for the info on sites, etc.

My own problem with rating all these kids is I watch about 1% of the college football that I used to.

All these names that get mentioned are just that to me, random names, really.

I thought I had one scoop that would help us, Tyler Higbee TE from WKY.

That's about the scope of my usefulness.

As it turns out, the Rams beat us to the punch in the 4th, we basically had no shot at Higbee.

Really, I just wait for the draftaholics on PR to do all my spotting for the draft.

I'm good with that.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2016, 02:14 PM
I thought the U of ND was going to change their name to the Fighting Sue or Suzy so the Indians couldn't yell at 'em.

It wasn't the Natives who had a problem. It was the big city liberals who felt the Sioux should be offended by it. In fact, both Sioux tribes in North Dakota overwhelmingly supported the name. The problem is that the head of the Standing Rock tribe didn't allow a vote (he was a big city, liberal-educated chief and there was good reason not to allow a vote since polls showed the members of the tribe overwhelmingly supported the name). The NCAA required UND to get permission from both Sioux tribes to keep the name (the Spirit Lake tribe overwhelmingly approved the name by vote), so one guy (Ron His Horse Is Thunder) kept UND from keeping the name. His reasoning was laughable. He said the Standing Rock nation had already given approval to the name in the 1960s (which is true), and he didn't think it needed to be re-approved (which is the laughable part--since it went with his belief and ended up being the reason the name wasn't kept).

All you have to do is go to United Tribes College in Bismarck to see what Natives feel about the name. I used to play basketball at the college and half the kids playing there wore Fighting Sioux jerseys. They'll always be the Fighting Sioux to me.

Patler
05-02-2016, 06:57 AM
I can't believe we didn't take advantage of the German pipeline for wide receivers.

The Packers did:

Another interesting tryout participant is German wide receiver Patrick Donahue. NFLDraftDiamonds.com reported he would be at Packers camp this week. He is 5-10, 195 pounds and ran a 4.4-second 40. He was a teammate of Moritz Boehringer, the workout wonder who was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings.

Maxie the Taxi
05-02-2016, 07:32 AM
^^^Boehringer and Donahue were on the same team in Germany? Maybe we ought to take a look at the team's QB. Must have some arm.

woodbuck27
05-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Just got back from the Hall of Fame induction for BO RYAN and DONALD DRIVER

What did we trade our 7th round pick for ?????????????

Did you speak to Donald Driver B? Shake his hand?

I'm a big fan of this nan. In my view he's one of the greatest Packers post 1960's Era.

woodbuck27
05-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Wood, thx for the info on sites, etc.

My own problem with rating all these kids is I watch about 1% of the college football that I used to.

All these names that get mentioned are just that to me, random names, really.

I thought I had one scoop that would help us, Tyler Higbee TE from WKY.

That's about the scope of my usefulness.

As it turns out, the Rams beat us to the punch in the 4th, we basically had no shot at Higbee.

Really, I just wait for the draftaholics on PR to do all my spotting for the draft.

I'm good with that.

Were fortunate as members to get some solid views from members here that are so dedicated to our Drafts.

woodbuck27
05-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Me? A GM? :lol: I'm the last person qualified for that job and I suspect the rest of us here are equally qualified.

I usually do not pay much attention to the "experts" reviews on these young players because often they are wrong. I remember back in 2008 there were many who thought Brian Brohm was gonna push Aaron Rodgers for the starting job! I found the speed of the WR Ted took intriguing. Didn't we all bemoan the lack of speed in our WR corps last year with Jordy gone and Janis so green? I don't find using a 5th rounder on a kid like Davis a huge investment. He might be the next Donald Driver. Ya never know.

I've spent more time checking out TT's 5th Round pick WR and Kick Returner Trevor Davis .

I now feel better about his decision to go with that young man.

I do feel he's a Myles White sized guy who is light for the NFL. His athleticism and speed may very well counter that disadvantage.

I'm very interested in how Trevor Davis turns out Pugger.

Fritz
05-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Patrick Donahue?

Now there's a good German name.

Pugger
05-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Patrick Donahue?

Now there's a good German name.

Didn't he just play over there and is not a German national?

Patler
05-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Interesting tidbit about Donahue:

Donahue played alongside Boehringer for the Unicorns in 2015 in Germany and actually surpassed his numbers at the other wideout spot. He caught 75 passes for 1,353 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2015 as compared to 59 receptions for 1,232 yards and 13 TDs for Boehringer.

Pugger
05-02-2016, 05:54 PM
This Patrick Donahue is from California but played football in Germany.

mraynrand
05-02-2016, 08:18 PM
This Patrick Donahue is from California but played football in Germany.

Is he from a "Whale's Vagina" aka, San Diego?