PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone new here not a big tt supporter

wpony
09-03-2006, 11:55 PM
I believe every head coach and GM should be 4 yrs to get their system totally in place 3 draft yrs and 4th season to play , TT has had 2 high drafts now I am not sure I see where he is going with this but I am old enough to remember when beating the bears was a good season no mater what else we did . I cant believe all the people that seem to be jumping ship on the pack right now but I guess it shouldn't surprise me I remember all the people that jumped on when they started wining lol.
I do like Hawk I think he will be a starting LB in this yrs for years to come I feel in about 2 to3 yrs there will be a new monster on the midway and it wont be in Chicago!
So I will continue to support the pack like I always have .GO PACK GO. and a packer rats supporter also I have been looking for a good forum I think I found the one I will be sticking with.

Bretsky
09-03-2006, 11:57 PM
HEY WPONY,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM !!

B

GrnBay007
09-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Welcome wpony!

How did you hear about Packer Rats?

wpony
09-04-2006, 12:08 AM
lol from some posting that I seen on JSO when I was looking for info on what happened today on the pickups dont have much in the madison newspapers
I also want to say thanks for the warm wishsthat I have recieved alot better than I have recieved from some of the other forms I have tried to post to or ask questions from

FavreChild
09-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Hello, wpony - welcome. Agreed - it may be rough, and TT *may* (ahem) be less than desirable in his decisions thus far....but we'll all stick together thru thick and thin.

Zool
09-04-2006, 01:12 AM
To be fair, he has had only 1 high draft. 2005 was 23rd overall.

Willard
09-04-2006, 01:19 AM
The most important decision that TT has made so far as GM is his choice for head coach. The jury is out on whether or not MM has the intangibles to be a successful NFL HC. If it turns out that TT screwed up that decision it will be his undoing.

wpony
09-04-2006, 01:24 AM
hey zool you are right I stand corected :) but his choice on free agents has not been real impresive so far yet bet I will still give him time before i judge him

woodbuck27
09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Welcome wpony to the best Packer Forum available.

Feel at HOME here and post often. :mrgreen:

TT did the best he could do, as I viewed it with OUR 53 Man Roster based on who we had in TC. Now it's time to get busy and try to ugrae OUR Team by bring in players with promise and that has begun.

We need to see team cohesion /Spirit now . . a TOTALTEAM effort and who really knows?

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH.

Zool
09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
hey zool you are right I stand corected :) but his choice on free agents has not been real impresive so far yet bet I will still give him time before i judge him

I will agree with you on that one. Last year I think he knew was going to be a scraping the barrel year for the team.

I think Manuel will be a capable starter. $1.5mil a year for a starting safety isnt unheard of especially if he can get everyone lined up where they need to be. I'm not yet sold on Woodson either. If he does make the eventual move to safety, it will mean dropping Manuel or moving him to a different team. After this season his cap # is actually pretty small for the remainder of his contract so maybe thats the idea.

I think TT will be building this team through the draft just like in Seattle. I just hope along the way he continues to go after at least 1 big fish in FA. That would show me he's not single minded in his own abilities.

wpony
09-04-2006, 01:43 AM
I couldnt agree more on woodson if he dos not play better in the season that in the preseason the should try and trade him for more draft picks or what ever they can get for him :( Hopefully he will turn on and shut them down and turn our backfield into something to be feared :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Welcome to the forum! Nice first dialogue.

Terry
09-04-2006, 07:11 AM
I couldnt agree more on woodson if he dos not play better in the season that in the preseason the should try and trade him for more draft picks or what ever they can get for him

Maybe if Woodson doesn't play better in the season, Thompson/McCarthy should consider doing to Schottenheimer what Sherman did to Schottenheimer.

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 07:26 AM
That's just dirty! :oops:

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the forum, Wpony.

chewy-bacca
09-04-2006, 08:35 AM
welcome to the best packers board around! :cool:

retailguy
09-04-2006, 09:22 AM
welcome wpony. good to have you here.

Terry
09-04-2006, 11:52 AM
That's just dirty! :oops:

LOL!!!

Lurker64
09-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I believe every head coach and GM should be 4 yrs to get their system totally in place 3 draft yrs and 4th season to play , TT has had 2 high drafts now I am not sure I see where he is going with this

Picking 24th (in 2005) is a high draft?

Now, I'm not sold on TT entirely, but from where I see it Sherman inherited a good situation, made a mess of it, TT inherited that mess and is trying to clean it up. If Thompson succeeds, he's a saint, if he fails, he's a goat. But Ted has had two drafts (one of them in the last quarter of teams to pick) and only one season to play. So I'd resist getting out the halo or horns just yet.

Anyway, welcome.

packrulz
09-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Obviously TT is taking all young guys with potential over older vets, so he can cherry pick the good ones and get rid of the not so good ones. The Pack would never make the Super Bowl anyway. TT already has the salary cap mess cleaned up so after another high draft pick the Pack should be looking good next year. I could see them going 8-8 this year because this years schedule isn't that tough in a weak division.

bbbffl66
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I believe every head coach and GM should be 4 yrs to get their system totally in place 3 draft yrs and 4th season to play , TT has had 2 high drafts now I am not sure I see where he is going with this

Picking 24th (in 2005) is a high draft?

Now, I'm not sold on TT entirely, but from where I see it Sherman inherited a good situation, made a mess of it, TT inherited that mess and is trying to clean it up. If Thompson succeeds, he's a saint, if he fails, he's a goat. But Ted has had two drafts (one of them in the last quarter of teams to pick) and only one season to play. So I'd resist getting out the halo or horns just yet.

Anyway, welcome.

Not to overly defend Shermy, but he held together an aging team and except for a ridiculously injury filled last year, had us winning division tittles. His drafts were less than stellar, but as a coach he was fine. TT will live or die with MM.

wpony
09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey packrulz I was thinking 7-9 but that is if eveything goes perfect for us but I like your thinking GO PACK GO

packrulz
09-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey packrulz I was thinking 7-9 but that is if eveything goes perfect for us but I like your thinking GO PACK GO

If they Beat the Bears twice I'll consider the season a success!

bbbffl66
09-04-2006, 02:02 PM

If they Beat the Bears twice I'll consider the season a success!

And the queens at least once!!