PDA

View Full Version : It's official, the Packers have no room for Kuhn, Neal, Quarless, etc.

Patler
05-05-2016, 06:42 AM
They signed two yesterday and their official roster is now at the 90 player limit:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2016/05/04/packers-sign-two-more-undrafted-rookies/83944460/

Obviously, they could cut one easily to sign someone, but they aren't holding a spot for anyone.

jklowan
05-05-2016, 09:44 AM
They signed two yesterday and their official roster is now at the 90 player limit:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2016/05/04/packers-sign-two-more-undrafted-rookies/83944460/

Obviously, they could cut one easily to sign someone, but they aren't holding a spot for anyone.

IS he a receiver or a safety?

Dennis Parks, a safety from Rice.
Parks (6-1, 201) caught 33 passes for 498 yards and a touchdown last season. He ran the 40 in 4.61 seconds and had a 32 ½-inch vertical at this campus pro day.

Patler
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
IS he a receiver or a safety?

Dennis Parks, a safety from Rice.
Parks (6-1, 201) caught 33 passes for 498 yards and a touchdown last season. He ran the 40 in 4.61 seconds and had a 32 ½-inch vertical at this campus pro day.

:huh: Another crack editing job by one of our local papers! :lol:

Rutnstrut
05-05-2016, 02:03 PM
It doesn't mean one of those veterans won't be on the team by the season opener. The Pack is always good for at least a few preseason injuries.

Patler
05-05-2016, 02:44 PM
It doesn't mean one of those veterans won't be on the team by the season opener. The Pack is always good for at least a few preseason injuries.

True, but historically they have gone with the ones they brought to camp, even with injuries. That's what made the signing of Jones last year at the end of TC feel so unusual. Of course, a few years ago they did it with QBs, but it isn't a very common move for them.

The one with the best outlook for that might be Kuhn, because Ripkowski is the only FB they have, I think.

jklowan
05-05-2016, 03:13 PM
We also have 5 pre-season games which will not help the injury situation this year I'm afraid...

HOF Sun, Aug 7 @ Indianapolis

Fri, Aug 12 vs Cleveland

Thu, Aug 18 vs Oakland

Fri, Aug 26 @ San Francisco

Thu, Sep 1 @ Kansas City

Hopefully they keep their number on file

Patler
05-05-2016, 03:50 PM
We also have 5 pre-season games which will not help the injury situation this year I'm afraid...

HOF Sun, Aug 7 @ Indianapolis

Fri, Aug 12 vs Cleveland

Thu, Aug 18 vs Oakland

Fri, Aug 26 @ San Francisco

Thu, Sep 1 @ Kansas City

Hopefully they keep their number on file

The extra game will be played mostly by guys who won't make the roster anyway. I can't see that it will be much of a concern. You can always have a Jordy Nelson type injury, but the 5-10 snaps thay might play can't cause too much worry.

woodbuck27
05-06-2016, 06:37 AM
True, but historically they have gone with the ones they brought to camp, even with injuries. That's what made the signing of Jones last year at the end of TC feel so unusual. Of course, a few years ago they did it with QBs, but it isn't a very common move for them.

The one with the best outlook for that might be Kuhn, because Ripkowski is the only FB they have, I think.

Rip Cow Ski

Packer FB !? We'll see....

meanwhile ......... John Kuhn patiently ........................waits.

MadScientist
05-06-2016, 11:19 AM

They also did it with Tauscher in 2009. If the guys are still FA's, they'll likely be on the Packers' short list to call in case of emergency.

Patler
05-06-2016, 12:42 PM

They also did it with Tauscher in 2009. If the guys are still FA's, they'll likely be on the Packers' short list to call in case of emergency.

Similar, but Tauscher wasn't brought back until mid-season in 2009. I think we were talking about the opening 53 man roster. TT doesn't often stray much from his training camp roster for that.

I expect that Neal and probably Quarless will find training camps to go to eventually. Doubtful for Kuhn. If GB doesn't re-sign him, I expect he will stay at home until the season starts. The few other teams that want FBs will likely go to camp with younger ones.