HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Welcome back, Partial!

What's the avartar?

Partial
09-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Welcome back, Partial!

What's the avartar?

It's Richie "The Bomber" Tenenbaum from the film The Royal Tenenbaums. He was a tennis player that was at one time the world's greatest.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Don't think I saw that one. Is it any good?

Partial
09-04-2006, 01:00 AM

I enjoyed it. It is a Wes Anderson film, so it is full of dry humor. He also directed Rushmore, Bottle Rockets, and The Life Aquatic.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Well, gotta hit the hay.

Partial
09-04-2006, 01:04 AM
'Night

Zool
09-04-2006, 01:22 AM
WB Partail

Just in case you missed...you know who.

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 01:36 AM

No, it's brilliant!

One of the best films ever made. I must have seen it 20 times by now.

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 04:15 AM
Welcome back, Partial!

Tenenbaums is def a good flick. I liked Life Aquatic even more.

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Welcome back, Partial!

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Well happy Sunday to me. This is cool news.

Great to see you Partial.

Iron Mike
09-04-2006, 09:14 AM

I enjoyed it. It is a Wes Anderson film, so it is full of dry humor. He also directed Rushmore, Bottle Rockets, and The Life Aquatic.

http://cineclub.de/images/2002/die_royal_tenenbaums_12.jpg

Raleigh: [Into tape recorder, softly] Dudley suffers from a rare disorder combining symptoms of amnesia, dyslexia, and color-blindness, with a highly acute sense of hearing.
Dudley Heinsbergen: [from adjoining room] I'm not color blind, am I?
Raleigh: I'm afraid you are.

Iron Mike
09-04-2006, 09:43 AM

I enjoyed it. It is a Wes Anderson film, so it is full of dry humor. He also directed Rushmore.

Heh heh.....round 2:

http://www.dvdbreakdown.com/pix/11_screenshots/Rushmore4.jpg

Herman Blume: Come work for me.
Max Fischer: What do you mean?
Herman Blume: I mean I-I could use someone like you.
Max Fischer: Look, I may not be rich, Mr. Blume, my father may only be a doctor, but we manage.

oregonpackfan
09-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Prodigal sons/daughters are always welcomed back here, Partial! After all, we are a family of Packer fans, aren't we?

OPF

Partial
09-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am glad we can put that BS behind us and move forward! Now if anyone has experience with going from a combination DSL modem/router to a regular, cheap, best buy dlink router and can offer me tips on why the heck it won't work, I would be very appreciative!

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am glad we can put that BS behind us and move forward! Now if anyone has experience with going from a combination DSL modem/router to a regular, cheap, best buy dlink router and can offer me tips on why the heck it won't work, I would be very appreciative!

See my recommendation in the Ask Partial thread you cheap bastard.

:mrgreen:

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
welcome back

B

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Partial, I been where you are now.... :shock:

Partial
09-04-2006, 02:59 PM

I don't think its the router, I think its something with the internet. You can plug it from the DSL modem/router directly into a switch and have a wired connection work, but when you go from DSL modem/router to commercial router, it does not work correctly. I have tried a motherload of configuations. I'm not a big network guy, so maybe I am just doing it all wrong. Nothing is open in the small town of Platteville today, so my job hunt is delayed a day. I decided to bite the bullet and run an ethernet cable all the way across the house.

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Glad you're back. Have a good first week of school.

CyclonePackFan
09-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Welcome home

Rastak
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Welcome back Partial, don't be too pissed at Mad, he's just trying to do what's best and if he made a mistake it's cool he fixed it.

retailguy
09-04-2006, 06:44 PM

I don't think its the router, I think its something with the internet. You can plug it from the DSL modem/router directly into a switch and have a wired connection work, but when you go from DSL modem/router to commercial router, it does not work correctly. I have tried a motherload of configuations. I'm not a big network guy, so maybe I am just doing it all wrong. Nothing is open in the small town of Platteville today, so my job hunt is delayed a day. I decided to bite the bullet and run an ethernet cable all the way across the house.

You need to either disable dhcp on the modem or the router, you can't have two devices assigning DHCP.

My guess is it will be easier to disable DHCP on the router, however, you might google the instruction book for the modem. If you've got the little westell black box that I have, Verizon will walk you thru what to do if you call them.

If you have the same modem that I do, I can help you. email me.

Little Whiskey
09-04-2006, 08:57 PM
http://valdefierro.com/kotter5.jpg

i've been gone all weekend so i guess i will have to catch up on where you went....but welcome back any way. lets all start singing the theme song!!!

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm really glad to see Partial back in the fold!!!!! Partial is a great guy, just a little frisky. I knew Mad would soften, he always does.

Now Mad won't talk to me anymore, though. Perhaps because I publicly called him a prick.

He'll take me back someday - he always does.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 10:57 PM
What's going on with you, Harlan?

How's sobriety?

I should go cold turkey also.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Serenity Now!

Partial
09-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I've got the internet working! It turns out once you access the Westell interface it turns off bridging capabilities and thats where our problems are coming into play. It now is working, hurray!

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Now Mad won't talk to me anymore, though. Perhaps because I publicly called him a prick.

No (he) won't. You are going to stay away from (him).
This is a friendly, social club. I've asked you to leave (him) alone. In a friendly, social environment, a decent person respects a request to back off.

You just reposted the same taunt about (Mad) three times, then snickered that you'll will never tire of it. This is not friendly ribbing, this is harassment.

You've shown in the past that you have no social decency, you continue to pester people who have asked you to stay away from them. PackerRats has talked in the past about maintaining a "bar room" level of civility. In a bar, insisting on talking to someone who has asked you to leave them alone might end with a punch in the nose. On the internet, there unfortunately is no such check on rudeness. I hope that PackerRats will insist that you observe bar room civility.

(Disclaimer - I plagiarized a little bit of this.)

:shock:

Partial
09-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Scott, Plaugerizing is wrong!

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Tank told me it would be ok just this once.

falco
09-05-2006, 02:56 PM

I think its only okay for lengthy dissertation on various topics in economics.

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM

I think its only okay for lengthy dissertation on various topics in economics.

:lol: :lol:
Where is the ol' tanker? His ban ended on the 31st IIRC

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Serenity Now!

I crave huck'n'buck comedy hour! Our resident tree hugger and the CRAZY canadian!! What could possibly be better? :wink:

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 03:53 PM
:lol: :lol:
Where is the ol' tanker? His ban ended on the 31st IIRC

What's "IIRC"?

Zool
09-05-2006, 03:53 PM
If I remember correctly it stands for.......

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Doh!!!!!

Thanks.

Joemailman
09-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Harlan's Theme Song:

JOHN LENNON lyrics - "Watching The Wheels"

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me,
When I tell that I'm doing Fine watching shadows on the wall,
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go,

People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions,
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
I tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time,

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

KYPack
09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
[Where is the ol' tanker? His ban ended on the 31st IIRC

The many charges that he was a lying turd were investigated.

The background check proved that the charges were true and he was flushed down the toilet.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Joe, you are one funny civil servant. You have no idea how perfect that theme song is, this summer I engaged in much naval gazing, and I'm just getting warmed up.

Scott, it appears my words cut deeply. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. And stop fighting me. Everybody else loves you! Why pester the one guy who doesn't appreciate your fine qualities?

But enough about me and my sycophants! This thread is supposed to be about Partial and how happy everybody is that .... remind me again why I care that Partial is back. Oh ya, peace and harmony is restored.

Partial
09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
'cause I am awesome and have a great Q&A thread! :razz:

Bretsky
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
And now when you party in college and live out my Grailistic dreams you can tell me about it.

Partial
09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
And now when you party in college and live out my Grailistic dreams you can tell me about it.

:D My GF's roomates are all incredible grailable. They're hosting their first party next Fri so maybe, just maybe we'll reach achieve the holy grail!!!! :cool:

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Scott, it appears my words cut deeply. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. And stop fighting me. Everybody else loves you! Why pester the one guy who doesn't appreciate your fine qualities?

Cut deeply? Geez, I'm not the one that ran away from the forum. Anyway, I thought your words were pretty funny. So quoteable. Classic Huck.

I hope we see you around more Harlan! Maybe we can do a show together when you get back from your.....uhhhhh.........break.

:D

Bretsky
09-06-2006, 12:46 AM

:D My GF's roomates are all incredible grailable. They're hosting their first party next Fri so maybe, just maybe we'll reach achieve the holy grail!!!! :cool:

HOT GIRLFRIEND ROOMATES; THEY SHOULD SHARE YOU.

B

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm really glad to see Partial back in the fold!!!!! Partial is a great guy, just a little frisky. I knew Mad would soften, he always does.

Harlan :

Shit it's good to see you here once in awhile.

Guessing. . . that Mad's a Cat Man. :cool:

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 01:36 AM
" Disclaimer - I plagiarized a little bit of this." Scott Campbell

plagiarizing. . Oh . . NO !

Mr. Bill ! :shock:

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 01:38 AM
That's all. I <3 you guys.

:cool:

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I hope we see you around more Harlan! Maybe we can do a show together when you get back from your.....uhhhhh.........break.
:D

Scott,

It's Madtown's call. I think PackerRats should not allow one member to harrass another. But I see both sides of the arguement.

Back in the day, when you and the Woodman resumed your animosity here at PackerRats, I, as co-owner of the joint, insisted you two boys stay apart. Wood was cool with this policy, enthusiastic even. You threw your famous hissy fit.

Mad, publicly at least, sided with you. Privately, I understand he called you into his office for a little chat. Mad is a Mafia Boss sort of guy - he likes to operate secretively, behind the scenes, lays his paw on your shoulder: "Never go against the family!"

Anyway, so here we go again. I've requested that you leave me alone. You are insisting upon your First Amendment rights.

Scott, I am unmoved by your barbs. You are fond of repeatedly quoting me, because you find my words laughable. There may be some others that agree with you, I don't know. From my perspective, I just find you narrow-minded and incapable of appreciating what I say.

But I do find your constant attention to me HIGHLY annoying. It irritates me to no end that this behavior is accepted here. I'm sure some people understand where I'm coming from on this, others may see me as a big pussy. I don't care about the perception.

Anyway, it's up to Madtown. He can have a harassment policy. Or he can do his Godfather schtick. Or he can just let boys be boys. I truly am understanding of any of these approaches. For myself, I won't return here with you pestering me, you'll have to stay away from me.

Tarlam!
09-06-2006, 12:54 PM
....You threw your famous hissy fit.....

BOMNF!

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Scott,

It's Madtown's call.

Huck,

You can't launch your smear campaign and then cry "harrassment" when your target retaliates.

Get some stones.

Why do you keep trying to turn your mess into Mad's problem?

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Mad, publicly at least, sided with you. Privately, I understand he called you into his office for a little chat.

As a sidebar, this makes for an interesting little contrast between you and I. I betrayed an enemy. You betray your friends.

But I know you mean well Harlan.

MadtownPacker
09-06-2006, 02:06 PM
http://www.briandepalma.net/images/jaded3.jpg

Ayy jue, gavacho Campbell, Eye gotta lil problema jue mightta beeable to hellp outta wit. Da guyz been a talkin abouta da familia.

Heza pigg dat don fly strayt. Heya try to changa hiz face butta is steel da same scum.

http://www.packerrats.com/gallery/target.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey, can one of you guys spare a red jersey for Huck?

http://espndeportes-att.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/0508/a_favreRodgers_ht.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 03:16 PM
EXACTLY !!!! Now you're getting the idea, Scott.

I don't want to get hit. I don't want to hit people, except in spirit of fun. I'm a sissy boy!

I'm really asking for the opportunity to not be your enemy. Well, not interested in being your friend either, as it turns out.

But I think the Don has rendered his judgement.

Tarlam!
09-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Oye!

All three of you punks! Into my office NOW!!!

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Back in the day, when you and the Woodman resumed your animosity here at PackerRats, I, as co-owner of the joint, insisted you two boys stay apart. Wood was cool with this policy, enthusiastic even. You threw your famous hissy fit.

Mad, publicly at least, sided with you. Privately, I understand he called you into his office for a little chat. Mad is a Mafia Boss sort of guy - he likes to operate secretively, behind the scenes, lays his paw on your shoulder: "Never go against the family!"

I’ve heard Harlan’s version of this events so many times that I’m starting to believe all of his spin. I think I’ll take a few minutes for a rebuttal.

Normally I’d be hesitant to talk about Woody this way, but Harlan keeps dragging the poor guy into this. And Woody has relayed his own interpretation of the events on a couple of occasions. We might as well get it all out there.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 06:09 PM
That means no more manipulative attempts at running this forum yourself, and undermining Mad's authority.

You have no clue. Your perception is comically wrong.

And..............

But I think the Don has rendered his judgement.

More manipulation. You just twisted Mad's arm in a feeble attempt to get him to step into the middle of this on your behalf. And you make a transparrent attempt to shame leadership here into changing forum policy to solve your personal problem. And when he didn't you decided to translate his lack of a response. And then you decided to relay a decision that he never made in the first place for him without his permission (I presume).

I think that you are manipulative and twist things to suit your agenda. I think you speak for other people who are perfectly capable for speaking for themselves.

And I merely use your quotes to support my hypothesis. If you don't like reading what you write - don't write it.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 06:57 PM
More manipulation. You just twisted Mad's arm in a feeble attempt to get him to step into the middle of this on your behalf. And you make a transparrent attempt to shame leadership here into changing forum policy to solve your personal problem.

Gee Scott, what would you have me do to deal with my personal problem? I've asked you to leave me alone. You will not. Not seeing a lot of options.

I do think there should be a forum policy on harassment. If one member wishes to not be bugged by somebody, the bugger ought to respectfully bug off. Wish Mad would change his mind on this.

The way he dealt with you in the past, the informal approach, didn't really work. You made-nice with Woody, but then you just switched over to picking fights with me. My interactions with you have been ugly for months. I'm sick of it, I have to think other people are not so entertained. Should have been dealt with long ago.

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 07:06 PM
I agree that there should be a harrassment policy, or some kind of "restraining order". I've read many posters over the last week come to verbal blows. Harlan's right--it does ruin the experience for everybody. This place has over 600 posters now and many pages devoted (or many threads deleted) solely to drama of two or three people having b@tchfests.

Right? Wrong? Who knows and who cares. The point is that little is settled over keystrokes. Everyone has a different opinion or position on a statement or content of a dialogue. Even in this b@tchfest, I tend to take Harlan's side because I know some of this history. But my opinion doesn't matter. The only thing that TRULY matters is the perception that this place is turning into Days Of Our Lives, the Nort edition.

It should never ever get to a point where a poster feels alienated enough to leave this place for good.

Honestly, I don't care. I've learned to ignore the majority of this place because of drama. Others will too....

tyler

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
The policy should be to take all your drama to PM's or have your post axed

Partial
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I have to think other people are not so entertained.

I tend to agree with you HH. It's not fun having a thread get hijacked because of a personal vendetta (oh the irony I realize I am as guilty as any here). I don't know the history between you two, but it certainly seems as Scotty does pick on you. I don't know if you push his buttons deliberately or not, but you two should hop on the AIM/MSN/Yahoo! and figure out your differences and at the very least agree to be civil with one another.

As for the harrassment policy, I think if a user feels strongly enough about the harrassment to inform a moderator/admin, then they should step in and at the very least inform the harrasser of the harrassees feelings on the issue.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Awhile back, Scott went a little overboard ripping Woody. Harlan stuck up for Woody in his own (maybe somewhat shady) way. Woody and Scott have made up. Harlan still takes their grudge seriously. Scott likes to rib him. That about sums it up.

I don't blame either. I blame both. Quite honestly, I think Harlan should lighten up a bit. He used to be the guy who had the wry sense of humor. Now, he comes across as a guy that's wound too tightly. Harlan, you are still one of the all-time favs on this forum, so we still luv ya. We need you on that wall. Scott is also a personal fav of mine.

Harlan, Woody and Scott made up. You guys certainly can do the same. You never were one to get too bent out of shape, and you could give as good as you got. We want that Blue Dog back.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I think there is a significant point being obscured here. If all Harlan wanted was this to be stopped, he'd be acting much differently.

His hidden agenda goes beyond stopping me. He wants me labled as the bad guy. And he wants his label back as the good guy. He shifts the smear campaign into high gear, and then cries harrassment when I retaliate.

I think I know what a victim looks like, and Harlan ain't no victim despite his attempts to play one. Look more carefully at his agenda. It's plenty obvious.

As for taking it offline - it is offline. This is the Romper Room. If people don't want to read it, they don't have to. I had to read about all of Jack and Michele's issues, so turnabout seems fair enough to me.

Partial makes a reasonable point about thread jacking. If he doesn't want it in here and requests that I start a new thread - I will.

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I think there is a significant point being obscured here. If all Harlan wanted was this to be stopped, he'd be acting much differently.

His hidden agenda goes beyond stopping me. He wants me labled as the bad guy. And he wants his label back as the good guy. He shifts the smear campaign into high gear, and then cries harrassment when I retaliate.

I think I know what a victim looks like, and Harlan ain't no victim despite his attempts to play one. Look more carefully at his agenda. It's plenty obvious.

As for taking it offline - it is offline. This is the Romper Room. If people don't want to read it, they don't have to. I had to read about all of Jack and Michele's issues, so turnabout seems fair enough to me.

Partial makes a reasonable point about thread jacking. If he doesn't want it in here and requests that I start a new thread - I will.

The difference is that my and Michele's issues are a primary reason of why this place was created. I'd still be at JSO if none of that shit happened...and most of us still would too.

tyler

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Harlan stuck up for Woody in his own (maybe somewhat shady) way.

Harvey, I don't have a clue what you are refering to, it is almost certainly untrue.

As far as me making up with Scott: I do not want to be his friend. Or enemy. I have just asked that he end his harassment. Nobody should be pressured to befriend someone they disrespect.

I have only posted here three times in the last four weeks. Each time, I intended to make one or two light-hearted remarks. Scott Campbell comes in picking fights, ugliness ensues. Accusing me of losing my sense of humor is quite unfair.

Sorry I am in poor spirits. I am completely done with this unpleasant situation.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
His hidden agenda goes beyond stopping me. He wants me labled as the bad guy.

Not at all. I don't care about you in any way. My intention was not even to be here much at all. I just wanted you to go away. I asked you dozens of times over the last 3 months to just leave me alone.

Partial
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM

I tend to agree with a lot of this as well. I also couldn't care less about the thread jacking.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
The difference is that my and Michele's issues are a primary reason of why this place was created. I'd still be at JSO if none of that shit happened...and most of us still would too.

tyler

Jack, I really don't like pointing out that you've gotten into it over here too, but you've kind of backed me into a corner. You and Mad. Michele and Nick. Hey, people get into it once in a while. No biggie. I like how you conduct yourself, and respect your opinion. Same goes for Michele. Just don't agree here.

Harlan has had free reign to spin his version of the "event", and I've kept quiet about what he did for the most part out of respect for Woody - believe it or not. Harlan has engaged in a smear campaign from that day forward, and continues the campaign even now as he cries harrassment.

You may have taken his side on the issue, and that's fine. But I'm not sure you've heard both sides. Now Harlan keeps bringing it up over and over again, and each time the fish gets bigger and bigger. At some point I feel like I deserve the opportunity for a rebuttal.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I should say Scott went way overboard on the Woody thing when he posted a personal email--which I thought was pretty classless. People make mistakes though. Harlan has. Scott has. Overall, they are both good forum members. Harlan, I'd just ignore the asshole and he'll quit replying to your posts.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Basically, what I'm saying is that Scott made a mistake initially. Now, Harlan's acting like a big pussy. You know you guys want to french kiss and make up.

Partial
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I should say Scott went way overboard on the Woody thing when he posted a personal email--which I thought was pretty classless. People make mistakes though. Harlan has. Scott has. Overall, they are both good forum members. Harlan, I'd just ignore the asshole and he'll quit replying to your posts.

Bangers hits one outta the park!

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I should say Scott went way overboard on the Woody thing when he posted a personal email--which I thought was pretty classless.

Agreed. I think that's a totally fair assessment. That's why much of what I'd have to say would be a sort of confession.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Basically, what I'm saying is that Scott made a mistake initially.

LOL

Well I'd say there were a bunch of mistakes made, some of them mine. One was quite a doozy. I think Harlan would like it if we'd all just concentrate on what I did, and forget the rest.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Scott, please don't bring the old stuff up. I don't think my remarks were too detailed or damning, just forget it.

And I will apologize for some of the more caustic stuff I've said about you, the "sick" remark etc.

I don't care so much about past behavior. It's the continuing unwillingness to backoff.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Harlan, I'd just ignore the asshole and he'll quit replying to your posts.

I think you're dead on Harvey. If he didn't have the smear campaign agenda going in full gear, that's exactly what he would do.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Scott, please don't bring the old stuff up. I don't think my remarks were too detailed or damning, just forget it.

I didn't bring it up. You did. Again, and again, and again. And your coverage was quite one sided I might add. Your remarks suited your purpose - smear campaign. At this point I think it's best that we just get the whole thing out there.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, go ahead and unburden yourself if you think it is necessary. I've asked Mad to close my account tonight, so I won't see what you wrote.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
And I will apologize for some of the more caustic stuff I've said about you, the "sick" remark etc.

I don't really care about Dr. Huckleby's diagnosis. You've done it to so many people that I think it's lost a lot of it's zip. I do know that I don't stoop to speculating on peoples mental health. That's kind of a nasty habit.

I'm more interested in you examining the role you played during the event. Your comments thus far seem a little self serving by trying to pin responsibility for your part in this entirely on me. Now I guess that wouldn't be much of an issue if you weren't hell bent on bringing it up over and over again. But you did. So I think it's time for an objective autopsy.

the_idle_threat
09-06-2006, 11:02 PM
I think we need Dr. Phil in here ...

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Well, go ahead and unburden yourself if you think it is necessary. I've asked Mad to close my account tonight, so I won't see what you wrote.

Well that's too bad. It might do you some good to read it. I'm not sure you know the entire story either.

It'll include editorial comment, but I'll try and be fair about it. If I get any facts wrong, I hope to be corrected. And I invite anyone that disagrees with me to let me have an earful if they feel like it. I realize that my version may not be the only version.

the_idle_threat
09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
When it's time for this to get published ... if you need some hunky, shirtless guy to pose for the cover, I'm not that guy. FYI

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Evidently Mad has stayed my execution.

Scott, whatever happened in that incident has no relevance to our discussion. I mentioned your past pattern of bickering with Woody, because it is the same behavior you switched over to me.

I've been asking you to leave me alone for three months. Your theory that my motive is to smear you is wrong and makes no sense. I have never initiated any conversation with or about you, other than angry responses to your constant hectoring.

Harvey, perhaps others, suggests I could have dealt with you by ignoring you, and then becoming your friend. To these advice givers, you might not find this advice so helpful if you find yourself bugged obsessively by somebody for several months. Sometimes you have to respond to crap that is thrown out. And to me, harassing behavior is just wrong and should be confronted.

Scott, resucitating the details of the old conflcit is just another diversion. And I wonder who you think is holding hard feelings against you, that you need to state your case to. Well, there's me, but I simply wish to seperate from you. Who are you writing your report for?

GBRulz
09-07-2006, 09:52 AM

tyler

I can't even believe this was brought up as a comparison. LAME

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 09:53 AM

Good grief. Can't you just admit you changed your mind. Why try to blame Mad for your return?

jack's smirking revenge
09-07-2006, 09:56 AM

tyler

Jack, I really don't like pointing out that you've gotten into it over here too, but you've kind of backed me into a corner. You and Mad. Michele and Nick. Hey, people get into it once in a while. No biggie. I like how you conduct yourself, and respect your opinion. Same goes for Michele. Just don't agree here.

Harlan has had free reign to spin his version of the "event", and I've kept quiet about what he did for the most part out of respect for Woody - believe it or not. Harlan has engaged in a smear campaign from that day forward, and continues the campaign even now as he cries harrassment.

You may have taken his side on the issue, and that's fine. But I'm not sure you've heard both sides. Now Harlan keeps bringing it up over and over again, and each time the fish gets bigger and bigger. At some point I feel like I deserve the opportunity for a rebuttal.

Contrary to what I've said, I'm not really taking a side on the issue. I just believe, like GBRulz(Michele), that drama like this should be taken to PM and not dealt with out in the open. I understand your side and Harlan's side and I don't think there's a way to fix this.

tyler

GBRulz
09-07-2006, 09:59 AM

tyler

Contrary to what I've said, I'm not really taking a side on the issue. I just believe, like GBRulz(Michele), that drama like this should be taken to PM and not dealt with out in the open. I understand your side and Harlan's side and I don't think there's a way to fix this.

tyler

I agree with JSR. I really like Harlan and Scott. I wish you guys could somehow swallow your male pride (i know, it's asking alot) and just move on. Put your energy into hating the actual enemy....which this week are the Bears fans :mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-07-2006, 10:00 AM
and in Scott's case, it might be Warren Jeff :wink:

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Who are you writing your report for?

You ask me direct quesitons. You respond to all my points and posts. Your behavior is not consistent with someone who merely wishes to be left alone. You appear to have more on your agenda. And it's plainly transparrent.

You seek to have me censored. Blamed. Blacklisted. This is hardly an original tactic. Senator Joe McCarthy did much the same as he attempted to obscure his agenda by having his critics put on lists. In this case McCarthy's communist sympathiser has become Harlan's harrasser or stalker.

You posted your real name, email address. It wouldn't take much effort at all if someone truly wanted to harrass you. I haven't bothered you one bit outside of here. I offered to stop busting your balls if you'd just stick to Packer football. You responded by saying "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Again, your behavior is just not consistent with someone who merely wishes to be left alone. Your agenda clearly goes beyond just that. As Harvey points out, you can and have dished it out with the best of them. And in this case you happen to be dishing out passive aggressive McCarthyism in the hopes of gaining support for having a vocal critic silenced.

In my opinion.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
I understand your side and Harlan's side and I don't think there's a way to fix this.

Amen! Sometimes people get locked into intense animosity. You have to seperate them. I have no willingness to reconcile, Scott has no willingness to stay away. Disaster.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:18 AM
You seek to have me censored. Blamed. Blacklisted. This is hardly an original tactic. Senator Joe McCarthy did much

I just wanted you to stop picking fights with me, leave me alone. That's all.

It doesn't matter anymore. I was only going to poke my nose in here ocassionally anyway, so just let it all go. Controversy over.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 10:23 AM

tyler

I got a great laugh out of your first line Jack.

I didn't bring this out in the open. And I can't imagine how you'd know my side because I haven't presented it.

Harlan made his accusations in public time and time again. His version skews the story to make it appear if all fault was mine and mine alone. I don't disagree that I'm at fault, but I had plenty of company. This was a group effort.

When someone makes public accusations, I think the target deserves the opportunity for a rebuttal.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
McCarthyism in the hopes of gaining support for having a vocal critic silenced.

OK, I see how you are looking at.

Yes, I got very tired of having to constantly address your criticism. But I'm not a public figure, I'm just some guy checking-in for fun and games. I don't wish to be arguing with you all the time.

You are right: According to the policies of this forum, it is your right of free speech to hound me. I found it overbearing and unpleasant. You win. I am leaving to avoid unpleasantness.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
When someone makes public accusations, I think the target deserves the opportunity for a rebuttal.

Scott, why don't you just address anything specific I said that you believe is false.

I REALLY hope you won't go through everything. The problem is that either your version has to be left unchallenged. Or a miserable, lengthy rehashing unfolds.

Zool
09-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Ahh if only there were some sort of messaging system. You guys could have your pissing contest in private.

Remember, dont cross the streams.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Good grief. Can't you just admit you changed your mind. Why try to blame Mad for your return?

I woke up this morning to check if Mad had closed my account, not yet. Your dialog with me for three months has been a constant stream of dark interpretations of my motives and snarky remarks. This is what you call being "a vocal critic." I just wanted you to go away.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 10:37 AM
It seems Harlan is a little desperate not to have me reveal the whole truth of what happened. And I think it's for some combination of the following three reasons.

1) The truth is not very flattering to Harlan.
2) The truth is bound to pour salt in Woody's old wounds. And Harlan really likes Woody.
3) People will realize that Harlan dragged Woody into this without his permission, and threw him back under the bus just to win his silly argument, demonstrating my point that Harlan betrays his friends.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Ahh if only there were some sort of messaging system. You guys could have your pissing contest in private.

Remember, dont cross the streams.

hah! Zool, you're a mod! Kill the Harlan Huckleby account. It's a mercy killing. Just do it.

jack's smirking revenge
09-07-2006, 10:42 AM

tyler

I got a great laugh out of your first line Jack.

I didn't bring this out in the open. And I can't imagine how you'd know my side because I haven't presented it.

Harlan made his accusations in public time and time again. His version skews the story to make it appear if all fault was mine and mine alone. I don't disagree that I'm at fault, but I had plenty of company. This was a group effort.

Scott, then maybe you're right. Maybe I don't know your side as well as I think I do. I'm OK admitting that and apologize if I misrepresented myself. I just sense that there will be no end to this "discussion" and, for the sake of PR, the discussion should be taken "outside", if you know what I mean. I think you both are great posters and assets to the PR family. It sucks that we're having to witness your brawl, because nobody truly walks away unscathed in a fight.

Feelings are hurt. Users are wierded out. Sense of community is hijacked.

I feel like you both are appealing your sides of the case to relatively uncaring masses. The only people that can correct this situation are the two of you.

But it seems like there is much emotion tied up in the chatter between the two of you. Bad blood and anger.

Just trying to offer a voice of reason.

tyler

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I am leaving to avoid unpleasantness.

Harlan. You've said this over and over again. How are we supposed to take you seriously? Like many of your statements, you say one thing, but do something else.

If you are intent on leaving, then what's the point in badgering everyone about making me leave you alone?

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I REALLY hope you won't go through everything. The problem is that either your version has to be left unchallenged. Or a miserable, lengthy rehashing unfolds.

It wouldn't be necessary in the first place if you didn't keep dragging it up. And it also wouldn't be necessary if you didn't spin it so wildly to make me look bad.

I've got no time for this today. The whole truth makes for a long story, and it'll take a while to put together.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
It seems Harlan is a little desperate not to have me reveal the whole truth of what happened. And I think it's for some combination of the following three reasons.

1) The truth is not very flattering to Harlan.
2) The truth is bound to pour salt in Woody's old wounds. And Harlan really likes Woody.
3) People will realize that Harlan dragged Woody into this without his permission, and threw him back under the bus just to win his silly argument, demonstrating my point that Harlan betrays his friends.

Nah. Although it was an extremely unpleasant episode, I acted with decency in all respects. I was trying to protect both you and Woody.

You are right, I do VERY much wish to end this discussion. Not to protect my or Woody's feelings, tho.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:49 AM
If you are intent on leaving, then what's the point in badgering everyone about making me leave you alone?

I was not intent on leaving. My intent was to check in here occasionally, and you turned that into an unpleasant confrontation every time.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Nah. Although it was an extremely unpleasant episode, I acted with decency in all respects.

Why is it for you and you alone to decide? It's not for me to decide by myself in a vaccum either.

Harv implies that he might disagree with your claim of decency. I say get it all out there, and let people decide for themselves.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I've got no time for this today. The whole truth makes for a long story, and it'll take a while to put together.

Well, if you are intent on having this excercise, email a copy of your report, and I'll write a response, and send it to Madtown for posting.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Harv implies that he might disagree with your claim of decency. I say get it all out there, and let people decide for themselves.

OK.

I take it that the reason you badgered me these last three months is that you were still angry about this incident?

Partial
09-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh for christ's sakes, you two sound like Mad and I the past two weeks. Take it to IM, or stop instigating it. For someone that wants to be left alone HH, you certainly have no problems retaliating to his posts. Scott, if he wants you to leave him alone, then just do it. You two are two of the most popular posters here, the only way anyone is going to think less of you is if this stupid shit keeps going on. Believe me, I know first hand and learned the hard way. I know HH has MSN, how about you Scott? Why don't you do a real-time chat rather than doing it on the board, clear the air, and agree to disagree and avoid one another.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2006, 11:04 AM
hi mom

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh for christ's sakes, you two sound like Mad and I the past two weeks.

Well, maybe. But neither Harlan or I got banned. Yet.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Partial, I want it all to be done. Immediatley. And I wish to leave this forum. Scott announced he is preparing a lengthy report, and I will feel compelled to correct the record.

Who is dragging this out?

Good lord, now I've taken Harlan hostage. He can't leave.

:shock:

Would it kill you take responsibility for yourself just once?

KYPack
09-07-2006, 12:38 PM
[quote=Harlan Huckleby] Like many of your statements, you say one thing, but do something else.

Scott, we know.

That's why we dig the guy.

He's goofy, so he's fun.

MadtownPacker
09-07-2006, 05:41 PM
HH - I aint deleting shit, You will be back like you keep doing. You are loved, be happy. I am protecting you from SC so now you will have to wash my shorts and socks.

SC - HH is my bitch and can only be had for a pack of Malboros. But I dont smoke.

falco
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
HH - I aint deleting shit, You will be back like you keep doing. You are loved, be happy. I am protecting you from SC so now you will have to wash my shorts and socks.

SC - HH is my bitch and can only be had for a pack of Malboros. But I dont smoke.

i can't tell if i'm reading packerrats or watching one of those late night msnbc prison documentaries.

Partial
09-07-2006, 06:16 PM
As the legendary duke nukem said, I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum

MadtownPacker
09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
OK enough of the games.

There are more important things to attend to right now then this shit so get over it. You are both my homies so help a MFer out and chill.

We got bigger fish to fry and Im just warming the pan up.

Partial
09-07-2006, 06:29 PM
OK enough of the games.

There are more important things to attend to right now then this shit so get over it. You are both my homies so help a MFer out and chill.

On that note, back to being about me. I could really go for a fish fry right now. I will tell you this much, on a friday night after a long day, there isn't much that hits the spot better than some new england clam chowder with some sort of harder bread to dip in it, french fries and beer battered fried cod or haddock. That is soooooo delicious!!

Bretsky
09-07-2006, 06:31 PM
OK enough of the games.

On that note, back to being about me. I could really go for a fish fry right now. I will tell you this much, on a friday night after a long day, there isn't much that hits the spot better than some new england clam chowder with some sort of harder bread to dip in it, french fries and beer battered fried cod or haddock. That is soooooo delicious!!

Best Fish Fry in WI is at the Fireside in Fort Atkinson

K-town
09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
As the legendary duke nukem said, I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum

I thought that was Rowdy Roddy Piper in the movie "They Live." Or maybe he was plagiarizing. Dang Pro Wrestlers!

falco
09-07-2006, 07:17 PM

I thought that was Rowdy Roddy Piper in the movie "They Live." Or maybe he was plagiarizing. Dang Pro Wrestlers!

It was originally...but you'd probably have to be born before 1980 to associate it with that.

K-town
09-07-2006, 07:21 PM

It was originally...but you'd probably have to be born before 1980 to associate it with that.

Dude, I'm old enough to remember cigarette ads ON TV.
And gasoline price wars. And 14 game regular season schedules.
And 8-tracks.
Yup, I'm old. Christ, why am I happy and bragging about that?

Partial
09-07-2006, 07:28 PM

And 8-tracks.

I am way too young for any of that!

retailguy
09-07-2006, 07:59 PM
And 8-tracks.

How about 4 track and 8 track reel to reels, with bose 301 speakers.....

and a 3 speed manual on your truck column.

MJZiggy
09-07-2006, 08:03 PM
vhs v. beta
wp 5.1 dos version

:sad:

Scott Campbell
09-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Pong.

K-town
09-07-2006, 08:15 PM
vhs v. beta
wp 5.1 dos version

Green Bay vs. Washinton, 1983. 48-47. Featuring the immortal commentary of O.J. Simpson. Oh, yeah.

On a Beta tape.

Barely watchable, quality-wise, but I'll never throw the tape or my Betamax away.

Partial
09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
mmmmmm clam chowder!

Partial
09-07-2006, 08:22 PM
mmmmmm clam chowder!

retailguy
09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Pong.

I got my daughters some old atari games. they sell the thing in a little cube now with a joystick sticking out the top. call 'em retro games. The girls love pacman...

gosh I'm old

retailguy
09-07-2006, 08:37 PM
vhs v. beta
wp 5.1 dos version

Green Bay vs. Washinton, 1983. 48-47. Featuring the immortal commentary of O.J. Simpson. Oh, yeah.

On a Beta tape.

Barely watchable, quality-wise, but I'll never throw the tape or my Betamax away.

that's about the only thing I did right, I bought a VHS. cause I loved JVC and HATED Sony.... same today.... my wife loves sony.

retailguy
09-07-2006, 08:39 PM
mmmmmm clam chowder!

the captain would back me here, but IVAR'S clam Chowder on the pier in Seattle.... the best....

Zool
09-08-2006, 07:36 AM

It was originally...but you'd probably have to be born before 1980 to associate it with that.Correct on both counts. Classic early 80's B-movie.

KYPack
09-08-2006, 07:56 AM
mmmmmm clam chowder!

the captain would back me here, but IVAR'S clam Chowder on the pier in Seattle.... the best....

Legal Seafood in Boston.

The spoon stands up in it.

Gets flown in for the inauguration.

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Those people in NE certainly know their seafood and clam chowder, that's for sure. Luckily for us here, a man that owned his own restaurant in Boston fell in love with a girl from GB.....moved here and married her. About a year and a half ago he opened up his own restaurant called Marty's Boston Crab. best damn chowdah that I've ever had! Ohhh and the dungess crab is the bomb.

I highly recommend it if you're ever in GB wanting some good seafood. It's flown in fresh daily from NE. Pricey, yes, but well worth it.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2006, 09:43 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ! The Godfather has touched my shoulder, offered his protection.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2006, 10:26 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ! The Godfather has touched my shoulder, offered his protection.

Maybe you're a little clearer on this than I am.

KYPack
09-08-2006, 10:55 AM
OK, OK.

Why don't you two boys head on down to Best Western and get a room?

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 11:11 AM
I agree that there should be a harrassment policy, or some kind of "restraining order". I've read many posters over the last week come to verbal blows. Harlan's right--it does ruin the experience for everybody. This place has over 600 posters now and many pages devoted (or many threads deleted) solely to drama of two or three people having b@tchfests.

Right? Wrong? Who knows and who cares. The point is that little is settled over keystrokes. Everyone has a different opinion or position on a statement or content of a dialogue. Even in this b@tchfest, I tend to take Harlan's side because I know some of this history. But my opinion doesn't matter. The only thing that TRULY matters is the perception that this place is turning into Days Of Our Lives, the Nort edition.

It should never ever get to a point where a poster feels alienated enough to leave this place for good.

Honestly, I don't care. I've learned to ignore the majority of this place because of drama. Others will too....

tyler

Yes. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey, can one of you guys spare a red jersey for Huck?

http://espndeportes-att.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/0508/a_favreRodgers_ht.jpg

Look at "that Man's" FOCUS !!

I'm so glad we have him behind center still. :mrgreen:

Nice pic Scott.

Joemailman
09-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Pong.

Battling Tops. Talking Football. Rock 'Em Sock "Em Robots. Incredible Edibles. Hot Wheels Super Charger. Mr. Machine.

SkinBasket
09-08-2006, 06:27 PM

I got a few of those VHS tapes from 94-97. I wont ever watch them again, I'm sure, because it would make me sad, but i sure as shit aint thowing them away. Thats bad karma.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 06:44 PM

I got a few of those VHS tapes from 94-97. I wont ever watch them again, I'm sure, because it would make me sad, but i sure as shit aint thowing them away. Thats bad karma.

Yea. Bad karma. Gotta watch out there maan. :mrgreen:

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 12:20 PM
The policy should be to take all your drama to PM's or have your post axed

I think PM's might be closer to the problem than the solution. If it's not a good idea to say something in public, it might mean that it's not a good idea to say it at all.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I don’t feel right about accepting the protection of the Godfather. I hope He will create a policy (that applies equally to all) that will deal with these situations in the future

I’ll accept Scott’s commitment to being my “Most Vocal Critic”, as he describes himself.

(Has anybody seen movie “Misery”, where Kathy Bates proudly says she is the writer’s “Number One Fan”? )

Harvey, you theorized that the problem is that I hold a grudge over Woodygate. You may wish to reconsider which one of us is carrying a torch. Note that Scott only became my MVC after Woodygate. Since then, he has obsessively hectored me while I have initiated zero interactions. He has used the phrase, “At least you meant well, Harlan”, every 2 or 3 posts for these 4 months. This is a reference to Woodygate, I guess he thinks it is a clever dig that is wearing me down. I find it disturbing, alright, but only because it is creepy and pathetic.

I agree to end the conflict by always ignoring SC. This will be very difficult! When somebody is making negative comments about you, typically by misinterpreting your remarks, the impulse to correct the record is intense. Many have offered simple solutions: “ignore it”, “lighten up”, “stop being a big pussy.” Until you’ve had your own obsessive MVC attach himself to you, you can’t appreciate the dilemma.

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey !!

Harlan Huckleby. . .Scott Campbell and . . .

Scott Campbell. . .Harlan Huckleby.

PLEASE . . at least begin some REAL healing.

I believe. . you both know why I (woodbuck27) would make that request of YOU fella's.

K? Please simply. . really try.

You fellas deserve better in yourselves. PLUS the +ve result I believe, you'll enjoy mutually from that healing.

PLEASE TRY.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 01:18 PM
LOL

End what conflict? I thought it was over.

Time to watch some football.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 01:26 PM
............but only because it is creepy and pathetic.

Hey now, that's not a very kind thing to say. I'm trying to make nice here.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
PLEASE . . at least begin some REAL healing.

I really like you Woody. Who'd of thunk it? You're like 2 parts Canada and 1 part Switzerland.

I think a Packer win today would go a long way toward healing a lot of the worlds woes.

Go Pack!!!