PDA

View Full Version : Finish the sentence: Packers win the Super Bowl if...

woodbuck27
05-13-2016, 12:59 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-ask-vic/article-1/Finish-the-sentence-Packers-win-the-Super-Bowl-if/25b722c3-1eb9-4cb6-86c4-c4ad1c47d992?campaign=email_160513

Finish the sentence: Packers win the Super Bowl if...

Posted May 12, 2016

Vic Ketchman packers.com senior writer Ask Vic a question

"They get hot late." Vic Ketchman

Comment woodbuck27:

A short and sweet response from Vic !

What do you think?

mraynrand
05-13-2016, 01:08 PM
...they score more points than the AFC team.

Joemailman
05-13-2016, 03:59 PM
TT farts in the wind.

Carolina_Packer
05-13-2016, 04:14 PM
It's a completely down year for every other team, and they luck out and somehow win it all with the talent they have.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Davonte Adams goes out for season.

texaspackerbacker
05-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Aaron Rodgers stays healthy and they have a pass first mentality - that and Shields and the young Corners do the job. The former will force teams to pass a lot to stay in the game; The latter will seal the deal.

pbmax
05-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Someone recovers an important special teams play. At least one.

denverYooper
05-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Someone recovers an important special teams play. At least one.

It usually takes at least one bounce to make a champion... or a fool.

The Shadow
05-13-2016, 08:29 PM
The pad levels get lower.

woodbuck27
05-13-2016, 08:55 PM
My 'silly response'.

When the final whistle for the season is blown and the Packers are leading on the scoreboard.

Seriously:

the Green Bay Packers have a real chance. The Aaron Rodgers led 'O' must' improve dramatically from last season.

We must see a defense that is very tough for the opponent to face. I want to see more aggression and toughness...more solid tackling. We must return to total dominance at Lambeau Field.

I believe the Packers have a real chance if they suffer little to adversity.

hoosier
05-13-2016, 09:21 PM
The defense plays like it did last year and Rodgers, Nelson and Lacy return to form.

The Shadow
05-13-2016, 09:57 PM
OR : MM decides to have a former TE coach the Tights Ends, a former receiver coach the receivers, etc.

yetisnowman
05-14-2016, 12:37 AM
If Aaron Rodgers resembles a HOF caliber quarterback in the postseason.

Pugger
05-14-2016, 07:31 AM
The defense plays like it did last year and Rodgers, Nelson and Lacy return to form.

Yup.

pbmax
05-14-2016, 08:34 AM
The pad levels get lower.

This man is WITH the program!

wist43
05-14-2016, 12:19 PM
If Seattle, Carolina, Arizona, Minnesota, New England, and Denver all take a dump.

We simply don't have the overall talent those teams do... TT being the greatest GM in the history of the league notwithstanding ;)

Joemailman
05-14-2016, 06:59 PM
If Seattle, Carolina, Arizona, Minnesota, New England, and Denver all take a dump.

We simply don't have the overall talent those teams do... TT being the greatest GM in the history of the league notwithstanding ;)

How do you do it Wist? It's the middle of May and you're in mid-season form! :glug:

MadtownPacker
05-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Davonte Adams goes out for season.
I'm a self admitted Adams fan but wishing a Packer gets hurt is a cowardly, punkass, low thing to say much less wish.

MadtownPacker
05-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Easy answer to the question:

Yoko dumps Rodgers for some Hollywood Dbag and he takes it out on the NFL.

MadtownPacker
05-15-2016, 12:44 AM
Hey who locked this thread? Good discussion. Did I miss something?

Bretsky
05-15-2016, 01:04 AM
I'm a self admitted Adams fan but wishing a Packer gets hurt is a cowardly, punkass, low thing to say much less wish.

Mad, you are right...don't want to wish injury.....I think he really means to say...............

Devonte Adams......is CUT

I'll second that..

woodbuck27
05-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Mad, you are right...don't want to wish injury.....I think he really means to say...............

Devonte Adams......is CUT

I'll second that..

I have to pat more attention to Devonte Adams.

Pugger
05-15-2016, 06:09 AM

Then I guess we should forfeit the season seeing we have no chance against these teams and go for the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. With any luck TT and McCarthy will get their walking papers and we can start over before Rodgers retires.

George Cumby
05-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Easy answer to the question:

Yoko dumps Rodgers for some Hollywood Dbag and he takes it out on the NFL.

Repped!

wist43
05-16-2016, 12:42 AM
Then I guess we should forfeit the season seeing we have no chance against these teams and go for the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. With any luck TT and McCarthy will get their walking papers and we can start over before Rodgers retires.

I expect a repeat of last year for the most part.

Hopefully the offense will be better with Jordy back, but will it be enough to up end those other teams?? I doubt it...

Minnesota won the division last year - and deserved to win the division. It wasn't a fluke.

Is anyone on here prepared to argue that we're better than Carolina??

Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago all beat us at home; Arizona stomped us 38-8 in the regular season, and then ended our season in embarrassing fashion; after the bye we went 4-6, and looked generally terrible doing it...

I don't think we've improved this year over last, at least not enough to get us over - as I said, hopefully on offense, but I also think we take might take a step or two back on defense.

------------------------------------------------------------------

9-7, 10-6 with an early playoff exit seems likely again.

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2016, 02:18 AM
I'll take Green Bay to win the division. I think the offense will rebound with Jordy and Montgomery back, Adams healthy, Cook added, and hopefully a healthier and/or deeper OL.

I've been going over rosters, and Seattle has some glaring holes. They will likely have 3 new OL. One of them is J'Marcus Webb. The other two will be rookies that I considered raw (Ifedi, Odhiambo) or a decent backup last year. The two holdovers, Garry Gilliam and Justin Britt, are moving to new positions. Gilliam was a below average RT and he's moving to LT. Britt was probably their best OL, and you'd classify him as slightly above average. He's moving to OC. They've lost Marshawn Lynch. Thomas Rawls and Jimmy Graham are coming off serious injuries and are iffy for week 1. They'll still be tough to beat because they have Russell Wilson and a great defense, but the defense has lost some good players the last couple of years (Bruce Irvin this year). Their depth is lacking (except on the DL), so there's little competition. Their backup QB is UDFA Trevone Boykin. Provided Carson Palmer stays healthy, I think Arizona will win that division again. Carolina is due for a hangover season. My early prediction is Arizona to win the NFC, Green Bay to win the division and contend, Minnesota to get a playoff spot. They are solid. I just don't like their QB much.

vince
05-16-2016, 05:39 AM
Harv bringing the goods like usual.

This is a statement year for the Pack. If they go 9-7 (I don't see that at all APRH) I'd look for some fairly serious change.

Losses: B.J. Raji
Gains: Nelson, Cook, Monty, hopefully a revitalized Lacy, a healthy Cobb & Adams, Barrington, the first-second year development of the young and gifted defensive backs and Ryan, new young talent to add depth an numerous positions of need...

Patler
05-16-2016, 05:53 AM

This is a statement year for the Pack. If they go 9-7 (I don't see that at all APRH) I'd look for some fairly serious change.

Gains: Nelson, Cook, Monty, hopefully a revitalized Lacy, a healthy Cobb & Adams, Barrington, the first-second year development of the young and gifted defensive backs and Ryan, new young talent to add depth an numerous positions of need...

You have to include Neal and Hayward as losses. Both played a lot. Jones was their leading receiver in both yards and TDs. While he doesn't feel like much of a loss, he has to be included. For that matter, Kuhn should be included, too. GB does uses a FB often, and Ripkowski played only a handful of plays.

Carolina_Packer
05-16-2016, 06:06 AM

Good call on Lacy, Vince. No predictions, just hope, that in a contract year he can come back more svelte and speedy, a la Le'Veon Bell after his rookie season. They are not the same back, but I still think Lacy's footwork is good enough that with a reconditioned body, and being hungry, in a different way, for a big pay day, I think he can be a key component. Lacy effort can help win the down and distance battle and keep the defense guessing on third and manageable.

Joemailman
05-16-2016, 06:21 AM
I see basically everything on offense being better. Better speed at WR and TE, better productivity at RB with a more svelte Lacy. Also, MM taking over the offense after delegating too much to assistants will be a big improvement. All this should help Rodgers return to his previous form.

On defense, Raji is a loss, but Clark should be able to help there. The secondary should be better because the rookies they relied extensively last year aren't rookies anymore. The linebacker situation is a little unsettled, but adding Martinez and getting back Barrington helps at ILB. Overall, not a ton of difference than last year.

vince
05-16-2016, 06:37 AM
You have to include Neal and Hayward as losses. Both played a lot. Jones was their leading receiver in both yards and TDs. While he doesn't feel like much of a loss, he has to be included. For that matter, Kuhn should be included, too. GB does uses a FB often, and Ripkowski played only a handful of plays.
The only way Neal is a loss is if Perry goes down - which is obviously a possibility. Hayward contributed very little last year - nothing I'd say - that his replacement isn't almost a certainty to fulfill - at far lower cost.

I don't see how any of those guys mentioned are realistically losses at this point. In all of those cases, I'd say the odds are high that the guy who takes those snaps (APRH again) brings equal or greater value.

Joemailman
05-16-2016, 07:01 AM
I pretty much agree with Vince. Not all departures are losses. I think TT does a pretty good job of figuring out who to keep and who to let go.

Patler
05-16-2016, 07:25 AM
The only way Neal is a loss is if Perry goes down - which is obviously a possibility. Hayward contributed very little last year - nothing I'd say - that his replacement isn't almost a certainty to fulfill - at far lower cost.

I don't see how any of those guys mentioned are realistically losses at this point. In all of those cases, I'd say the odds are high that the guy who takes those snaps (APRH again) brings equal or greater value.

I misunderstood. I thought your lists were quantitative identifications of loses and gains, not a qualitative analysis.

Following your initial comment, if Lacy is listed as "hopefully" a gain, Neal and Hayward should be identified as "hopefully" not losses. Hayward was the nickel back, his replacement (Rollins?) is unproven. Didn't one of the advanced stats sites have Hayward among the league leaders in some metric, QB rating against, or something like that? About Neal I am undecided; however, he was the starter even in Perry's healthiest year so far. I liked how Perry played in the playoffs, but I'm not sure we can assume Neal won't be missed..

ThunderDan
05-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Listening to national talk radio last week and they thought the teams most likely not to repeat as division champs were MN and Wash.

Patler
05-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Listening to national talk radio last week and they thought the teams most likely not to repeat as division champs were MN and Wash.

Ya, I'm not ready to concede the division to MN. I think they will be a good team, but I'm not sure it will be more than "good". In 2015, their opponents out gained them in yardage, had more offensive plays, and while trailing in rushing yardage, their opponents averaged a solid 4.3/carry. There was and is a lot of hype about Stefon Diggs, but he remains unproven in my opinion. I think he sort of took people by surprise, with 25 of his 52 receptions for the year coming in the first four games that he played, and in those games he had 419 of his 720 yards. I'm not suggesting that he will bust by any means, but I'm not yet worried about playing against him. The same with Bridgewater. Bridgewater has been solid, but Peterson is what makes their offense go.

pbmax
05-16-2016, 08:05 AM

APRH, Perry can definitely be better than Neal on the LOS. However, I would love to have Elliot develop into Neal lite, for backup and flexibility in coverage. Not to mention he has good hands in the pass rush.

Patler
05-16-2016, 08:33 AM
APRH, Perry can definitely be better than Neal on the LOS. However, I would love to have Elliot develop into Neal lite, for backup and flexibility in coverage. Not to mention he has good hands in the pass rush.

The main thing Perry has to do is stay healthy. I think the rest for him will follow if he just stays healthy.

Patler
05-16-2016, 10:47 AM
The Packers will win the Super Bowl if....................Brett takes over at QB.
Brett Hundley, that is!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

(Patler ducks for cover)

Seriously, I hope the QB formerly know as Aaron Rodgers, NFL MVP, returns to play for the Packers.
I didn't much like the imposter who played last year.

Pugger
05-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Ya, I'm not ready to concede the division to MN. I think they will be a good team, but I'm not sure it will be more than "good". In 2015, their opponents out gained them in yardage, had more offensive plays, and while trailing in rushing yardage, their opponents averaged a solid 4.3/carry. There was and is a lot of hype about Stefon Diggs, but he remains unproven in my opinion. I think he sort of took people by surprise, with 25 of his 52 receptions for the year coming in the first four games that he played, and in those games he had 419 of his 720 yards. I'm not suggesting that he will bust by any means, but I'm not yet worried about playing against him. The same with Bridgewater. Bridgewater has been solid, but Peterson is what makes their offense go.

If you listen to some MN fans they think their defense is he second coming of the '85 Bears. :lol: They think we are in decline and they are a shoe-in for the NFCN. Last year it took a poor season by Rodgers and our offense for them to win the division and they had to win the last game of the year to do so. Bridgewater is jag and you have to wonder when Father Time will finally catch up with AP.

Striker
05-16-2016, 01:57 PM
If the players who take major steps back in 2015 return to form (Rodgers, Lacy, Adams, etc).

Last season seemed like a regression, probably due to an almost SB hangover plus the coaching staff shakeups.

Yes, we dropped the 3 games at home to the division rivals, but we also won in their houses as well. And those teams could barely put the Packers away despite the Packers playing some of their worst football in years. The Panthers are likely to take a step back, as are the Cardinals (young weapons, old QB, shaky line, NFC West likely improving). The Vikings are likely the biggest challenger for the division, but they'll be putting a lot of their chips in on a 31 year old RB who wasn't quite the AP everyone remembered.

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2016, 03:17 PM
If you listen to some MN fans they think their defense is he second coming of the '85 Bears. :lol: They think we are in decline and they are a shoe-in for the NFCN. Last year it took a poor season by Rodgers and our offense for them to win the division and they had to win the last game of the year to do so. Bridgewater is jag and you have to wonder when Father Time will finally catch up with AP.

Their defense is good now, and had the potent to be very good. However, a good run game and defense with a weak passing offense wins the Super Bowl about once every 10 years nowadays. Minnesota has about an edge in overall talent (probably not as much as wist thinks), but I think it's close enough that Rodgers will be the great equalizer.

Joemailman
05-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Hayward was the nickel back, his replacement (Rollins?) is unproven. Didn't one of the advanced stats sites have Hayward among the league leaders in some metric, QB rating against, or something like that?

McGinn actually gave Rollins a higher grade.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-individual-report-card-defense-b99656529z1-366332901.html

CASEY HAYWARD: Played 88.1% of the downs, providing a steadying influence for the rookies and usually being where he was supposed to be. The Packers normally would re-sign him, but with all the young prospects at cornerback they're probably not going to make a legitimate offer. After allowing eight plays of 20 yards or more from 2012-'14, he gave up too many (nine) this year. Hayward isn't physical in the bump zone and is susceptible outside on take-off routes. He tied for third in tackles with 88, but also led the team in misses with 14. He failed to intercept a pass, and with only nine passes broken up in 1,048 snaps he was last in PBUs with one every 116.4. His ability to find the ball might have waned due to numerous hamstring injuries and a stress fracture in his foot. Grade: C-minus.

QUINTEN ROLLINS: It took until mid-season before Rollins gained full health and was able to move past Hyde in the nickel defense. Later, when Sam Shields missed 4 1/2 games, he played extensively at right cornerback. In all, he played 30% and offered promise of an outstanding future. He's a hitter, a ball-hawk and a rugged, effective blitzer. Of the seven cornerbacks, his rate of passes defensed (one every 35.7 snaps) and his rate of tackles (one every 9.9 snaps) both ranked No. 1. He dropped four interceptions, too. Grade: C.

red
05-16-2016, 04:54 PM
...... not a single player gets hurt

cause that seems to be the excuse used every year when we underperform

pbmax
05-16-2016, 05:04 PM
I misunderstood. I thought your lists were quantitative identifications of loses and gains, not a qualitative analysis.

Following your initial comment, if Lacy is listed as "hopefully" a gain, Neal and Hayward should be identified as "hopefully" not losses. Hayward was the nickel back, his replacement (Rollins?) is unproven. Didn't one of the advanced stats sites have Hayward among the league leaders in some metric, QB rating against, or something like that? About Neal I am undecided; however, he was the starter even in Perry's healthiest year so far. I liked how Perry played in the playoffs, but I'm not sure we can assume Neal won't be missed..

I think that was PFF and it was a head scratcher. He allowed a number of completions as he chased crossing routes across the middle. Not entirely his fault as the defense is designed in such a way to make that an effective counter, but he wasn't doing much other than tackling well on those.

Joemailman
05-16-2016, 06:05 PM
...... not a single player gets hurt

cause that seems to be the excuse used every year when we underperform

I guess you're one of those who think the Packers have underperformed every year they don't win the Super Bowl. At any rate, I don't know of anyone on here who thinks injuries are the only reason the Packers didn't win it all last year. People have pointed to the play of Rogers, coaching changes that didn't work, Lacy out of shape, ILB play, etc. as well as injuries particularly at the WR position.

pbmax
05-16-2016, 06:09 PM
I guess you're one of those who think the Packers have underperformed every year they don't win the Super Bowl. At any rate, I don't know of anyone on here who thinks injuries are the only reason the Packers didn't win it all last year. People have pointed to the play of Rogers, coaching changes that didn't work, Lacy out of shape, ILB play, etc. as well as injuries particularly at the WR position.

Red was in favor of Ed Donatell accepting blame for the Eagles playoff loss.

Pugger
05-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Their defense is good now, and had the potent to be very good. However, a good run game and defense with a weak passing offense wins the Super Bowl about once every 10 years nowadays. Minnesota has about an edge in overall talent (probably not as much as wist thinks), but I think it's close enough that Rodgers will be the great equalizer.

If you look at raw numbers from the regular season last year -stats at nfl.com - their defense was only substantially better than ours when it came to scoring D. I think our offense is better than theirs and it isn't just Rodgers.

Cheesehead Craig
05-17-2016, 10:17 AM
... if Tony Horton gets Eddy Lacy into shape for him to dominate and then takes over the conditioning of the entire team. There's no stopping us then.

pbmax
05-17-2016, 10:35 AM
^ Perhaps. But there will be no stopping Tony Horton from trumpeting this achievement throughout the season. I can't wait for Bob Costas to sit down with him on Sunday Night Halftime.

Upnorth
05-17-2016, 10:43 AM
...the 2015 defense and special teams show up with the 2014 offense. Unless MM screws up the last 15 minutes of the NFCCG again.

3irty1
05-17-2016, 12:27 PM
...we're reasonably lucky with injuries and the defense improves.

Might sound crazy to look at the defense but I'm not convinced 2015 was all that representative of their ability. The defense seemed to improve last year but I think this is obfuscated by a greater league-wide trend in 2015 where rules or coaching innovations or the football gods just seemed to give NFL defenses the upper hand in general. Kind of the opposite of 2011 where a handful of guys all put up MVP-worthy numbers on offense. The 2015 Packers offense was good for the Packers but relative to the rest of the league it was nothing special. I do think there's reason to expect improvement.

On offense the 2015 level of futility and injury seems too unlikely to warrant much concern.

run pMc
05-17-2016, 09:14 PM
(Don't entirely believe it, but I'll throw this out there for kicks...)

A healthy Rodgers' QB rating leads the league, and the defense leads the league in opposing QB rating. Hey, it's a passing league.

Fritz
05-18-2016, 08:23 AM
I could buy that one.

Clayish
05-19-2016, 07:21 AM
This thread made me make an account after being a lurker hahahah.

Some of you are WILDLY negative, it's hysterical.

mraynrand
05-19-2016, 07:27 AM

don't add insults to (Packer) injuries on your first post! :lol: Here at Packerrats we are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. You can be a beacon of anti-Bostickler benevolence.

Pugger
05-19-2016, 07:38 AM
I think this negativity comes from our 2014 meltdown in Seattle and Rodgers lousy play - for him - last year. If AR returns to his MVP caliber play in 2016 we will be pretty tough to beat.

Smidgeon
05-19-2016, 08:38 AM

I already like you. I think you're going to fit right in.

pbmax
05-19-2016, 01:18 PM
I thought we agreed to not talk about Seattle anymore?

Pugger
05-19-2016, 02:03 PM

We did?

Clayish
05-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Thank you, friend. There are certainly some characters on here.

Patler
05-19-2016, 02:33 PM

Thank you, friend. There are certainly some characters on here.

"Like"????
"Friend"????
What ever happened to our mandatory hazing period for newbies?? ;-) :-D

Smidgeon; If we aren't careful, Clayish will grow up being soft and feeling entitled as a poster. He may not be tough enough to survive a season.

Smidgeon
05-19-2016, 02:46 PM
"Like"????
"Friend"????
What ever happened to our mandatory hazing period for newbies?? ;-) :-D

Smidgeon; If we aren't careful, Clayish will grow up being soft and feeling entitled as a poster. He may not be tough enough to survive a season.

Yeah, but hopefully by then he'll be invested enough to not realize he can't get out anymore.

pbmax
05-19-2016, 03:23 PM
We did?

Might have been just me. That game was the definition of a lost opportunity. Proved a lot of critics wrong and was one step away from me getting to argue about a dynasty.

And I am not sure McCarthy has shown he has come to terms with his poor tactics late in the game.

Though it did get Slocum shoved out the door.

denverYooper
05-19-2016, 09:05 PM

Talk about what?

Pugger
05-20-2016, 05:12 AM
Might have been just me. That game was the definition of a lost opportunity. Proved a lot of critics wrong and was one step away from me getting to argue about a dynasty.

And I am not sure McCarthy has shown he has come to terms with his poor tactics late in the game.

Though it did get Slocum shoved out the door.

Mike did try to shake things up in the assistant coaching ranks and yielded the playcalling so he could become more involved in the other aspects of the team so he tried to fix those issues late in that game. I do think he over-reacted because he ultimately had to take back the playcalling duties and hire a new WR coach and not give Van Pelt both the WR and QB jobs. These 2 offseason moves from last year were greatly responsible for some of our offensive struggles last season IMO.

pbmax
05-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Mike did try to shake things up in the assistant coaching ranks and yielded the playcalling so he could become more involved in the other aspects of the team so he tried to fix those issues late in that game. I do think he over-reacted because he ultimately had to take back the playcalling duties and hire a new WR coach and not give Van Pelt both the WR and QB jobs. These 2 offseason moves from last year were greatly responsible for some of our offensive struggles last season IMO.

He did over react but more disconcerting was that I am not sure he changed his approach to 4 minute offense at all.

He has to stop taking the ball out of his best players hands until 3 runs for no gain actually close out the game without another ST play.

George Cumby
05-21-2016, 11:45 AM

STFU Noob.

When we want your opinion, we will tell you what it is.

:razz:

ThunderDan
05-21-2016, 12:03 PM
He did over react but more disconcerting was that I am not sure he changed his approach to 4 minute offense at all.

He has to stop taking the ball out of his best players hands until 3 runs for no gain actually close out the game without another ST play.

Except in the ARI-GB game going for the throat cost ARI the win in regulation during the 4 minute offense phase.

I still think the calls at the end of the Sea game were correct. Everything that could go wrong did. Now we have an award for stupid plays on this site because of it.

Fritz
05-21-2016, 05:40 PM
Either MM has to change his approach to the 4 minute offense, or the O-line has to block better and Lacy has to run tougher in the last four minutes. I'll take either one.

pbmax
05-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Except in the ARI-GB game going for the throat cost ARI the win in regulation during the 4 minute offense phase.

I still think the calls at the end of the Sea game were correct. Everything that could go wrong did. Now we have an award for stupid plays on this site because of it.

There is no option that is a guarantee. But when you cannot run out the clock, then you have to find a way to get first downs. You do your team and defense no favors by shutting Rodgers out.

He makes far better decisions than Palmer does normally.

And this doesn't even cover the two early FG attempts.

Fritz
05-22-2016, 08:19 AM
I think in that Seattle game MM was trying that whole "impose our will on you" thing we fans get such a boner about - those runs over and over at the goal line. Maybe a more wet vaginal approach would've worked better.

Pugger
05-22-2016, 06:35 PM
I think in that Seattle game MM was trying that whole "impose our will on you" thing we fans get such a boner about - those runs over and over at the goal line. Maybe a more wet vaginal approach would've worked better.

Of course having a gimpy QB in that game limited our playbook to an extent.

You could have used a different metaphor than a wet vagina ya know. :???:

Fritz
05-23-2016, 05:46 AM
Of course having a gimpy QB in that game limited our playbook to an extent.

You could have used a different metaphor than a wet vagina ya know. :???:

Well, I think part of this mostly-male desire to "impose your will" comes in part out of some notion that it's more masculine than passing the ball and using more skill instead of force, so to speak. So the wet vagina metaphor seemed to me to be appropriate to my point.

Pugger
05-23-2016, 06:21 AM
Well, I think part of this mostly-male desire to "impose your will" comes in part out of some notion that it's more masculine than passing the ball and using more skill instead of force, so to speak. So the wet vagina metaphor seemed to me to be appropriate to my point.

I get that. Perhaps I was being a little thin skinned last night... :oops:

pbmax
05-23-2016, 07:02 AM

I thought he used that line of thinking to defend his decision making. Remember, despite giving some indication he had altered his thinking, he later doubled down on the approach later that offseason. But its not his normal MO when constructing his offense or game plan.

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.

Freak Out
05-23-2016, 11:11 AM
If Trump allows it the Packers win.

Fritz
05-23-2016, 11:13 AM
From a tactical perspective that makes sense. But somehow some folks seem to find it more satisfying to run the ball down the other team's throat than pass for first downs and run it out that way.

To me as long as you complete the pass and stay inbounds the clock runs, so who cares how you keep Th click moving?

Maxie the Taxi
05-23-2016, 12:18 PM
I thought he used that line of thinking to defend his decision making. Remember, despite giving some indication he had altered his thinking, he later doubled down on the approach later that offseason. But its not his normal MO when constructing his offense or game plan.

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.+1

Fritz
05-24-2016, 04:18 AM

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.

So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?

pbmax
05-24-2016, 08:38 AM
So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?

Depends on timeouts and score. FG or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Forget the 4 minute offense.

Touchdown or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Its a one possession game and you need to give you defense some help. Either clock or field position. I would forget it under this scenario.

9 to 16 point lead and 2 or 3 TO? Now this is tougher. I want more first downs. The more their D crowds the line to stymie your short game, the better your odds of a mid range completion. But this depends on lot on you offense. I would let the team's own numbers decide this one.

Prior to that, the 4 minute offense (what we start to see past midway point of fourth Qtr with good lead) for me would be a tempo to eat as much clock with little concern for going deep and emphasizing completions. It would like like a goal line offense with multiple receivers and always have at least one back. Might put both in the make the D lean run. If its Lacy and Ripper, both could either block or catch.

Cheesehead Craig
05-24-2016, 10:03 AM
... if Rodgers can use his hard count effectively and also catch the defense with 12 men on the field more often.

George Cumby
05-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Lol

pbmax
05-24-2016, 12:45 PM
If you could accept ALL penalties on the D and get the cumulative yardage, they'd set records.

Netmag
05-26-2016, 08:53 AM
As long as they stay healthy over all, then they'll be there.

By healthy, that also could include scenarios where whatever injuries they do have either aren't key ones or are in areas where a backup turns out to be a solid fill in.