PDA

View Full Version : TONY PALMER ARTICLE

POLISHHAWK
09-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Read this article. Sounds pretty good in our scheme. He's very athletic for his size and according to this article, is the best run blocker to come out in this draft PERIOD.
http://www.thefootballgenius.com/draft/tfgrecs_2006/TonyPalmer.html

dr.tedGM
09-04-2006, 08:37 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/76374E5CB71F4AEC862571DF000F95B3?OpenDocument

Sounds like a great young man. The more high character guys you place on a team the better. By evrything I have read he appears to have the talent to play. I like the pickup.

Chubbyhubby
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Very good article.

Tony Palmer- the "PIANO"

Joemailman
09-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Palmer, who played guard for the St. Louis Rams, was a seventh-round pick, taken 243rd among 255 picks. He saw limited action in the exhibition season, but the Rams saw the former University of Missouri lineman as someone they could develop with time provided he kept his weight from ballooning.

They intended to sign the 6-1 ½, 330-pounder to their practice squad.

"We'd love to have him back," Rams head coach Scott Linehan said Saturday after cutting Palmer. "He's going to develop into, I think, a real fine offensive guard in the NFL."

This guy seems to have some potential, but he sounds like a project. He was a 7th round pick for a reason, perhaps pass blocking. Better to take a shot witha young guy like this though, than with a failed veteran like Moore.

POLISHHAWK
09-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Aren't all of our lineman (excluding our starting Tackles) projects???? I don't understand how people can call Palmer a "Project" and not say the same thing for Spitz and MOOOOll.

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Aren't all of our lineman (excluding our starting Tackles) projects???? I don't understand how people can call Palmer a "Project" and not say the same thing for Spitz and MOOOOll.

Everybody on our line is a project with the exception of Tauscher, Clifton, and maybe Wells. It's a young, inexperienced line. It's gonna make us or break us.