PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are ruining the game

Patler
05-24-2016, 06:45 AM
Poor sports, unprofessional, bad examples for young players. A fan thinks so:

https://twitter.com/JSComments/status/726833072411426816

Is it unprofessional to use a hard count to induce an offside or encroachment call, and/or a quick snap to catch a team with too many on the field?

SkinBasket
05-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Just to make things easier:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChY6086UkAAuYxn.jpg

Mr. Klatt is an old fashioned version of a troll. Going all gangsta ink and paper style.

Pugger
05-24-2016, 08:23 AM
This is one of the dumber things I've read by a "fan" in a while. He must not watch other NFL teams do the same thing he is calling Rodgers out for doing. EVERY QB in the league does this but only a couple are as adept as AR is at executing it. It isn't against the rules either unless the QB bobs his head and Rodgers doesn't do that either.

I do think it was rather stupid of Rodgers to respond to this drivel, however.

pbmax
05-24-2016, 08:45 AM
If he wanted to outlaw gamesmanship, I could see the logic. But he seems to be mad the Packers are good at it.

I actually think getting five yards for the 12th defenseman is kinda dumb when the guy is at full sprint at the sideline. However, the alternatives would be nearly impossible to officiate. "He clearly had intent to exit the field in a timely manner". So both feet OOB it is.

Maxie the Taxi
05-24-2016, 09:40 AM
I don't think the practice is bush league (like, say, calling TO the instant before a FG attempt), but I'm not fond of it. Sometimes Arod seems to get obsessed with it and it throws off the timing of the offense IMO.

Deputy Nutz
05-24-2016, 09:48 AM
I agree, Aaron Rodgers is a punk!

Clayish
05-24-2016, 10:01 AM
What a joke.

Cheesehead Craig
05-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Wouldn't it be called the "st-st-stutter count"?

hoosier
05-24-2016, 10:38 AM
Remember the New York Bozo dummy call against Dallas in the divisional game two years ago? That was totally uncalled for, was a clear denigration of the Donald and should have been penalized.

denverYooper
05-24-2016, 12:12 PM
It's even better that the offended thinks the point is to get 5 yards or just to pick up a first down.

The point is to create a free shot play, a much bigger payoff.

pbmax
05-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Remember the New York Bozo dummy call against Dallas in the divisional game two years ago? That was totally uncalled for, was a clear denigration of the Donald and should have been penalized.

Thought it was Mr. Cowboy, the Honorable Chris Christie?

MadtownPacker
05-24-2016, 12:57 PM
The last line in this clip best describes my thoughts on this:

http://youtu.be/gafALL-R1nI

Rodgers getting the defense to jump or the free deep ball on 12 men is some genius shit! That letter writer just hates that 12 is so good at it.

Deputy Nutz
05-24-2016, 02:14 PM
I agree, Aaron Rodgers has been ruining the game.

Zool
05-24-2016, 02:19 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/f/fd/STUPID.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130415211915

Pugger
05-24-2016, 02:57 PM
If he wanted to outlaw gamesmanship, I could see the logic. But he seems to be mad the Packers are good at it.

I actually think getting five yards for the 12th defenseman is kinda dumb when the guy is at full sprint at the sideline. However, the alternatives would be nearly impossible to officiate. "He clearly had intent to exit the field in a timely manner". So both feet OOB it is.

That dope is probably a frustrated Viking or Bears fan in Big Bend.

George Cumby
05-24-2016, 03:28 PM
What if Rodgers played for this dipshit's team?

pbmax
05-24-2016, 03:56 PM
What if Rodgers played for this dipshit's team?

That's the odd thing. The way I read it, he already does. Though Google says he could also be in MN or TX.

hoosier
05-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Thought it was Mr. Cowboy, the Honorable Chris Christie?

Maybe, but wouldn't that be a Jersey Bozo?

Fritz
05-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Just to make things easier:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChY6086UkAAuYxn.jpg

Mr. Klatt is an old fashioned version of a troll. Going all gangsta ink and paper style.

These young kids today are ruining the game!

pbmax
05-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Think of the ruination of the culture that this person saw in Marino's, then Rodgers, fake spike.

MadScientist
05-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Arron Rodgers is ruining football - for Bears fans. But then again, so is Cutler.

KYPack
05-26-2016, 02:53 PM
This guy is a goof on so many levels, it ain't funny. It's taking advantage of not being cohesive on defense. Go on the snap, if you are trying to steal on your charge you get burned. if you like to go to sub packages, you better get 'em on the field, lined up properly. 12 men on the field is a violation if the QB takes advantage. that's what ARod does.

I didn't see anyone post ARod's response to this fool, but here it is...

Quote on

“I read some dumb things on here from time to time but wow, Dick Klatt from Big Bend.” Rodgers included a GIF featuring the line from The Hangover, “You are literally too stupid to insult.”

Quote off.

If I was coaching D vs Rodgers (or Brees, or Brady, the other quick snappers) I'd leave my best all round 11 defenders and coach 'em to go on the snap, not the noise. I bet Dick Klatt is some kind of Pee Wee coach in Big Bend, where he fancies himself a mini Vince Lombardi. Lombardi was a huge believer in his QB using cadence to his advantage.

Learn a little football Klatt, you'll enjoy the game somewhat more.

Fritz
05-26-2016, 02:56 PM
This guy is a goof on so many levels, it ain't funny. It's taking advantage of not being cohesive on defense. Go on the snap, if you are trying to steal on your charge you get burned. if you like to go to sub packages, you better get 'em on the field, lined up properly. 12 men on the field is a violation if the QB takes advantage. that's what ARod does.

I didn't see anyone post ARod's response to this fool, but here it is...

Quote on

“I read some dumb things on here from time to time but wow, Dick Klatt from Big Bend.” Rodgers included a GIF featuring the line from The Hangover, “You are literally too stupid to insult.”

Quote off.

If I was coaching D vs Rodgers (or Brees, or Brady, the other quick snappers) I'd leave my best all round 11 defenders and coach 'em to go on the snap, not the noise. I bet Dick Klatt is some kind of Pee Wee coach in Big Bend, where he fancies himself a mini Vince Lombardi. Lombardi was a huge believer in his QB using cadence to his advantage.

Learn a little football Klatt, you'll enjoy the game somewhat more.

Wait . . . what if your best eleven defenders included only two down linemen and four linebackers. . . ?

KYPack
05-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Wait . . . what if your best eleven defenders included only two down linemen and four linebackers. . . ?

Then we'll be in the feared 2-4.

With our ears folded back and a bad attitude.

Patler
05-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Lombardi was a huge believer in his QB using cadence to his advantage.

That is what I thought!. I didn't remember for sure, so didn't post it. My recollection is that Starr handled the LOS much like Rodgers, except for catching the D with too many on the field, because substitutions were not so common in the '60s.