PDA

View Full Version : Packerrats: Need You to Lose 30 Pounds

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Constant focus on Lacy's weight has got me thinking about where the poster conditioning level stands. Stand and deliver!

MadtownPacker
07-19-2016, 04:54 PM
Time and time again ole HH proves he is full of shit, in several ways. Poll question is more backwards than Harlan trying to date a female. It should ask how many pounds does a poster need to GAIN!! Being fit means staying away from the keyboard and Cheetos. Totally counterproductive!! Even though he takes offseason breaks when he goes to Thailand every year I knew HH was a poster for life. This dawned on me when I invited him to go see a game and he informed me he would need two bleacher seats. That's how you measure dedication mofos.

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2016, 07:15 PM
Ahh, my fat ass is behind me. I was 350 in those double bleacher seat days. I'm down to a very fuckable - without paying for it - 280 today. All I eat lately is rabbit food; will have a panther-like physique when you meet me someday.

MadtownPacker
07-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Silly white rabbit, you know how this world works...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/349/105/254.jpg

ThunderDan
07-19-2016, 08:48 PM
Trying to lose 40 pounds. Already down 13. Want to be 225 by Christmas. Running a marathon in January down South. It will be tough at 225 near impossible at 265.

red
07-19-2016, 08:50 PM
I could lose 20-30

You dangle a few million dollars in front of me and I'll lose that this week

MadtownPacker
07-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Trying to lose 40 pounds. Already down 13. Want to be 225 by Christmas. Running a marathon in January down South. It will be tough at 225 near impossible at 265.Yeah running is mfer on the knees. But it seems to work great for weight and cardio purposes.

smuggler
07-19-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm in the military. They make me run all the time. I'm fit, but not rocking a six pack. If I cut another 10, I'll be looking damn athletic. :V

George Cumby
07-19-2016, 11:23 PM
As the chollo said. This is a phu kked up poll.

I'm a hard gainer. The most I ever weighed was 160 lifting weights exclusively with no aerobic or other conditioning work. I felt like a fat slug.

I'm a lean mean 152 which is my natural fighting weight but I'd like to have 3-5 pounds more muscle on board.

Patler
07-20-2016, 05:06 AM
I prefer to think of myself as too short, not overweight.
If I were taller. my weight would be fine, so I am focusing on getting taller!

Pugger
07-20-2016, 07:57 AM
I could stand to lose a few myself. It gets harder as I get older and men can lose weight easier (for some reason) than women can. :???:

Harlan Huckleby
07-20-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm a lean mean
pencil-necked geek

texaspackerbacker
07-20-2016, 09:15 AM
I'm 5'11" 195 pounds, exactly what I was when I graduated from high school 41 years ago. I've been 30 pounds higher and 30 lower. This feels comfortable. I eat what I like and exercise for the pure enjoyment of it, not because of what some know-nothings think is healthy. ENJOYMENT of life is the healthiest thing.

red
07-20-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm 5'11" 195 pounds, exactly what I was when I graduated from high school 41 years ago. I've been 30 pounds higher and 30 lower. This feels comfortable. I eat what I like and exercise for the pure enjoyment of it, not because of what some know-nothings think is healthy. ENJOYMENT of life is the healthiest thing.

Thats exactly where I'd like to be. I was there last year for a bit, but. Not now

Travbrew
07-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Time and time again ole HH proves he is full of shit, in several ways. Poll question is more backwards than Harlan trying to date a female. It should ask how many pounds does a poster need to GAIN!! Being fit means staying away from the keyboard and Cheetos. Totally counterproductive!! Even though he takes offseason breaks when he goes to Thailand every year I knew HH was a poster for life. This dawned on me when I invited him to go see a game and he informed me he would need two bleacher seats. That's how you measure dedication mofos.

Word...I need to gain back the 10 I lost after shoulder surgery in May...haven't been able to lift since and look too skinny at 6' 195. :bang:

MadtownPacker
07-20-2016, 06:42 PM
George and Trav, since you two want to put on some weight try eating this shit. I learned how to make it when I was at a getaway as a youth.

In a bowl:
1. Put about 2 -3 cups of water to boil.
2. Crush up a Marachun or Top Ramen noodle pack, pour in a bowl and add the flavor pack. I use beef or chili flavor.
3. Cut up about 1/4 or 1/3 of a beef or pepperoni stick (I avoid slimjim type, prefer jack links or tillamook brand) into small pieces. Kitchen scissors work but I just bite the pieces with my front teeth and spit em in the bowl.
4. Add about a spoonful of cheezwhiz or a pasteurized cheese slice. Real cheese won't dissolve as easily but you can use it.
5. Cover the top with a layer of corn tortilla chips and crush them down into small pieces. I prefer plain, white corn ones. Doritos can be used but they don't breakdown as much.
6. The water should be boiling so fill the bowl past the level of the chips. Let it stand a minute and stir it all up, turning over the mix so the chips and cheese get all blended. You can also add some hot sauce (Tapatio or a habanero one work well) to give it some kick. Give it another minute and enjoy.

You can also substitute the beef stick with cooked chicken chunks. Or you can sub the beef with a can of tuna and the cheese with a spoon of mayonnaise.

Let me know if you try this shit and what you think. Been a favorite of mine since way back and everyone I have made it for is always pleasantly surprised.

Harlan Huckleby
07-20-2016, 07:45 PM
3. Cut up about 1/4 or 1/3 of a beef or pepperoni stick (I avoid slimjim type, prefer jack links or tillamook brand) into small pieces. Kitchen scissors work but I just bite the pieces with my front teeth and spit em in the bowl.
Its settled, you need to have your own cooking TV show. This is ratings gold. "The Dusky Gourmet." "Cooking Chicano". Title needs work, but the main thing is to get you and this act on camera.

You can also add some hot sauce (Tapatio or a habanero one work well) to give it some kick. Give it another minute and enjoy.

Say it's not so. I am a true connosewer of hot sauces, and have tried about every mexican sauce. Walmart sells Tapatio in giant bottles for like $3, so I ordered a couple. Awful stuff, I poured most of it down the drain. A MUCH tastier hot sauce sold ridiculously cheap by walmart is Valentina (extra hot version of course.) Speaking of habanero, I am completely addicted to El Yucateco XXXtra Hot, also sold cheap in small single bottles by Walmart.

I have tried well over a hundred different hot sauces purchased online from hot sauce stores. Some of the fancy ones are good; but honestly a few of the cheapos ordered from Walmart are just as satisfying.

Oh ya, I can't eat real chorizo anymore because of my health. But I've discovered a fake, veggie chorizo that is staple for me:
http://www.traderjoes.com/images/fearless-flyer/uploads/article-988/92463-soy-chorizo.png

Ya don't get the same organsmic rush that real chorizo delivers, but that stuff is damn tasty.

George Cumby
07-20-2016, 11:34 PM
pencil-necked geek

You say that like its a BAD thing.

George Cumby
07-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Word...I need to gain back the 10 I lost after shoulder surgery in May...haven't been able to lift since and look too skinny at 6' 195. :bang:

What u do to your shoulder?

Patler
07-21-2016, 12:12 AM
I just bite the pieces with my front teeth and spit em in the bowl.
.... and everyone I have made it for is always pleasantly surprised.

Pleasantly surprised ?????

MadtownPacker
07-21-2016, 12:50 AM
Pleasantly surprised ?????Haha, yeah that would be a surprise!

Note: The preferred method is for self-serve only. When making for others I use kitchen scissors or dice up on cutting board.

Freak Out
07-21-2016, 02:11 AM
As the chollo said. This is a phu kked up poll.

I'm a hard gainer. The most I ever weighed was 160 lifting weights exclusively with no aerobic or other conditioning work. I felt like a fat slug.

I'm a lean mean 152 which is my natural fighting weight but I'd like to have 3-5 pounds more muscle on board.

Breathing squats and LOTS of whole milk. :)

GBkrzygrl
07-21-2016, 10:57 AM
I could stand to lose a few myself. It gets harder as I get older and men can lose weight easier (for some reason) than women can. :???:

Totally agree. My husband started cutting back a few months ago and has lost over 40 lbs. I look at food and gain weight.

Travbrew
07-21-2016, 11:33 AM
What u do to your shoulder?

Torn posterior labrum from 6-10 o'clock and supraspinatus tendonitis/impingement in the a/c joint (due to clavicle edema).
So, they went in and shaved off part of my collarbone to free up space in the a/c joint (subacromial decompression)
They didn't fix the labrum tear (Navy medicine, go figure).

esoxx
07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Welcome GBkrzygrl! Glad to have you aboard.

KYPack
07-21-2016, 02:03 PM
George and Trav, since you two want to put on some weight try eating this shit. I learned how to make it when I was at a getaway as a youth.

In a bowl:
2. Crush up a Marachun or Top Ramen noodle pack, pour in a bowl and add the flavor pack. I use beef or chili flavor.
4. Add about a spoonful of cheezwhiz or a pasteurized cheese slice. Real cheese won't dissolve as easily but you can use it.
5. Cover the top with a layer of corn tortilla chips and crush them down into small pieces. I prefer plain, white corn ones. Doritos can be used but they don't breakdown as much.
6. The water should be boiling so fill the bowl past the level of the chips. Let it stand a minute and stir it all up, turning over the mix so the chips and cheese get all blended. You can also add some hot sauce (Tapatio or a habanero one work well) to give it some kick. Give it another minute and enjoy.

You can also substitute the beef stick with cooked chicken chunks. Or you can sub the beef with a can of tuna and the cheese with a spoon of mayonnaise.

Let me know if you try this shit and what you think. Been a favorite of mine since way back and everyone I have made it for is always pleasantly surprised.

Was that when you learned how to make a shiv out of a spork?

Sounds like a cool recipe.

George Cumby
07-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Torn posterior labrum from 6-10 o'clock and supraspinatus tendonitis/impingement in the a/c joint (due to clavicle edema).
So, they went in and shaved off part of my collarbone to free up space in the a/c joint (subacromial decompression)
They didn't fix the labrum tear (Navy medicine, go figure).

This pisses me off. I've had same injury on both shoulders. And had both repaired, fully. It is utterly irresponsible to not fix the Labral tear. That thing is not going to fix itself..........

George Cumby
07-21-2016, 02:19 PM

In a bowl:

Just reading about the carbs in this Ambrosia put me in a food coma.:-)

Zool
07-21-2016, 03:49 PM
6' 200. 2 arthritic knees now so I just have to cut back on volume of food. Anyone had a full knee replacement?

MadtownPacker
07-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Totally agree. My husband started cutting back a few months ago and has lost over 40 lbs. I look at food and gain weight.Mrs. Lacy? :lol: Kidding, welcome to the forum.

wpony
07-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Knee replacement here best thing I ever did No pain in that knee at all now if I could only get a body replacement for the rest of me.

George Cumby
07-22-2016, 08:26 AM
6' 200. 2 arthritic knees now so I just have to cut back on volume of food. Anyone had a full knee replacement?

My 84 year old Dad has had both knees replaced. He's getting around real well, considering.

MadtownPacker
07-22-2016, 01:06 PM
6' 200. 2 arthritic knees now so I just have to cut back on volume of food. Anyone had a full knee replacement?Yay mon!! Smoky da bom, make it all gone!

GBkrzygrl
07-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I have been mostly lurking. Haven't had much to say. Can't wait for training camp to start next week and I am sooooo ready for some football.:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2016, 03:39 PM
I have been mostly lurking.

A lurker!? We don't cotton to that devious behavior around here.

Lock her up!
Lock her up!
Lock her up!

MadtownPacker
07-22-2016, 03:49 PM
A lurker!? We don't cotton to that devious behavior around here.

Lock her up!
Lock her up!
Lock her up!
Watch it troll. This thread is allowed to slide but don't push it or everyone here might lose 280lbs all at once.

Zool
07-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Knee replacement here best thing I ever did No pain in that knee at all now if I could only get a body replacement for the rest of me.

I want to be able to run without pain. Are you anywhere close to that?

MadtownPacker
07-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Harlan Hickleby: Madtown you have been accused of being a lowdown, dirty, brown speck of shit on this Earth. How do you plead?

I plead guilty to fat shaming, falsely accusing of troll behavior, and animated animal cruelty to our founding father HH. Forgive me for I have sinned against thou.

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Holy shit, I threw a hail mary and Jeff Janis jumped up and grabbed it.

You're a good man, Charlie Brownskin.

gbgary
07-27-2016, 05:40 PM
i lost 42 lbs from oct to may...188 to 146 (went low carb). you can count on me to still suck as a poster!

ThunderDan
07-27-2016, 07:01 PM
i lost 42 lbs from oct to may...188 to 146 (went low carb). you can count on me to still suck as a poster!

Holy shit, good work.

Just curious how tall are you?

Cheesehead Craig
07-28-2016, 08:03 AM

I noticed you don't get winded as much at the end of your posts as you used to.

theeaterofshades
07-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Need to lose way more than I'd like to. Stupid desk job.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Need to lose way more than I'd like to. Stupid desk job.That shit is a killer isn't it? Reading about how it shaves at least 10 years off your life. Guess it proves the saying about a body in motion stays in motion.

New slogan: PackerRats - Come by for the banter, stay for the early death!

MadtownPacker
07-28-2016, 11:21 AM
I noticed you don't get winded as much at the end of your posts as you used to.True, bile levels emitting from his posts are minimal.

So is anyone here as much of a slug as Harlan?

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Slug? I'm 6'3", 280 pounds - a tweener. Well, midway tween a fat boy and my former athletic self. I feel pretty. I've seen your pic, you look like George Lopez in a fun-house mirror. A freakishly large head and probably a belly to match.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/0a/f6/9c0af664f87300c11f7515e42c43784d.jpg

gbgary
07-28-2016, 02:58 PM
I noticed you don't get winded as much at the end of your posts as you used to.

lol

gbgary
07-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Holy shit, good work.

Just curious how tall are you?

thanks! 5'8"

side benefit of going low carb...cholesterol numbers dropped so i'm off the med.

ThunderDan
07-28-2016, 03:55 PM
thanks! 5'8"

side benefit of going low carb...cholesterol numbers dropped so i'm off the med.

Well done!

I am 6'4" with broad shoulders. When I did the Ironman 12 years ago I got down to 203. I looked like a walking commercial for anorexia. I think 225 should be just right.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Slug? I'm 6'3", 280 pounds - a tweener. Well, midway tween a fat boy and my former athletic self. I feel pretty. I've seen your pic, you look like George Lopez in a fun-house mirror. A freakishly large head and probably a belly to match.Lying trisket, you ain't seen shit cuz I'm not dark like ole George. Also if a peter peeper like you had you would have glanced up from my "large head" and seen what my belly looked like. Sick mofo!

Zool
07-29-2016, 09:08 AM
Chale Brown is fucking funny though.

ThunderDan
09-16-2016, 08:18 AM
I just got to 30 lbs in weight loss this morning. Went from 269 - 239. 15 more to get to 225.

gbgary
09-16-2016, 08:53 AM
I just got to 30 lbs in weight loss this morning. Went from 269 - 239. 15 more to get to 225.

way to go. slow and steady. be prepared to spend a fortune replacing all your clothes. lol

3irty1
09-16-2016, 08:59 AM
I got a standing desk at work last year and have lost 15 pounds that I attribute to just the new desk. One of the best health improvements a software engineer can make IMO.

I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means. I close on a duplex built in 1922 today so I hope to sink some calories into that.

gbgary
09-16-2016, 09:15 AM
I got a standing desk at work last year and have lost 15 pounds that I attribute to just the new desk. One of the best health improvements a software engineer can make IMO.

I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means. I close on a duplex built in 1922 today so I hope to sink some calories into that.

wow. whodathunkit.
me too. i just do a push ups and dumbbells at home.
gratz. fix 'er upper will do that to ya.

Patler
09-16-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means.

That is what I have always tried to do. For example, I rarely ever take an elevator. Most of the buildings I frequent are no more than 4 or 5 floors, so I always take the stairs. Unless it is raining, I usually park a fair distance away from where I am going, in part for the exercise and in part to be where there are fewer cars. Last night I parked on a side street three blocks from a restaurant we ate at, just to avoid their congested lot and the busy street in front in addition to a brief walk before and after I ate. I have a decent size yard, just under an acre. I have a riding lawnmower but haven't used it in years. I still use a variable pace walk behind mower, and recently bought a new one. My neighbors all have riding mowers, and probably think I am either crazy or cheap. Funny thing is, their yards are the same as mine or even a bit smaller, but it takes me no longer to do mine than they to do theirs, including mowing small areas with a big rider, then trimming afterwards. It takes me no longer, and I get the exercise they do not. I rake by hand, till gardens with a shovel, trim lots of bushes with a hand shear, not electric and I shovel snow in some places I could use my snowblower, etc.

Lots of ways to sneak exercise into your daily activities.

Patler
09-16-2016, 09:28 AM
...and, oh ja, I am at a standing desk right now. I have two, a sit down desk and a standing desk; PC at one, laptop at the other. I bounce back and forth between the two, depending on what I am working on. I have had my standing desk since 1999, after I got the idea from a guy I worked with briefly.

George Cumby
09-16-2016, 10:28 AM
NEAT:

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. Essentially getting off of ones ass, standing desk, push mower, walking, not sitting in chairs, you get the idea.

ThunderDan
09-16-2016, 10:33 AM

I use to be a PGA golf professional. Spent all of my time on my feet. Teaching, playing, helping members in the pro shop. I never was above 215 at that job. Got a desk job and weight ballooned.

ThunderDan
09-16-2016, 10:35 AM
way to go. slow and steady. be prepared to spend a fortune replacing all your clothes. lol

Dress shirts still fit. Pants have to have a belt now and belts are at tightest hole. Looking to find a tailor to bring all of my pants in at the waist.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2016, 01:58 PM
Looking to find a tailor to bring all of my pants in at the waist.

Friends don't let friends throw-away or alter their fat clothes. Put them in a trunk in the attic. Of course you'll never need them again. Of course. New skinny clothes are cheap at TJ Max.

gbgary
09-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Friends don't let friends throw-away or alter their fat clothes. Put them in a trunk in the attic. Of course you'll never need them again. Of course. New skinny clothes are cheap at TJ Max.

or...give them to charity.

Radagast
09-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Sometimes loosing weight is not as simple as diet and exercise . A medical condition can sometimes prevent the exercise part of the equation. A heart, lung, or other condition may be standing in the way of getting the exercise needed . Often the medical condition may need to be stabilized before an exercise program can begin.
Weight can be more than the excess pounds, it can involve a lifetime of bad feelings and even thoughts of suicide. It is all to easy to make jokes, but when you are the target of those jokes the pain is very real even if they don't show it .

SkinBasket
09-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Please tell me you've locked Partial out of this thread.

I could lose 30, I think. I don't know what an ideal weight is anymore. I'm like 205, but I'm sure I would be healthier at 180 or so. But I refuse to stop eating and drinking, and smoking doesn't help, so.... I will remain covered in a protective layer until I have a health scare or something. Or maybe I'll take P90x out of the box it came in a year or two ago. Just started hitting that point where I can't deny I'm slower and less responsive to things like getting up after falling down. Might try to fight that.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2016, 04:56 PM
or...give them to charity.

No, no. I guess subtlety is always risky. We just know that ThunderDan is going to gain weight again, so he should keep his stock of fat clothes.

ThunderDan
10-30-2016, 03:25 PM
Just ran a marathon and weighed myself after the race. I got down to 229. That is 40 pounds lost. Of course 3 pounds of that is probably water loss.

red
10-30-2016, 03:27 PM
running a marathon at 229 is pretty damn impressive, no matter who you are

running a marathin is pretty damn impressive, doing it at 229 is insane

nice job

ThunderDan
10-30-2016, 10:14 PM

nice job

Thanks, when I started running in June I couldn't go 200 yards without needing a 1 minute walk. I use to run 50 strides and then walk 50. Couldn't even run 3 miles in 45 minutes. Now I can almost run 4.5 miles in 45 minutes. Was running 11 minute miles for the first 14 miles today.

gbgary
10-31-2016, 09:26 AM

nice job

THIS!!

did you mention how old you are?

ThunderDan
10-31-2016, 10:11 AM
THIS!!

did you mention how old you are?

Upper 40s.

I have always been a Packer fan but remember Devine as head coach and the excitement that Bart Starr was coming back to lead the team to glory in the 70s.:sad: