PDA

View Full Version : James Jones signing with the Chargers.

Rutnstrut
08-02-2016, 03:28 PM
I bet he has a better season than Adams.

ThunderDan
08-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Is Antonio Gates still playing for the Chargers? If he is I would guess Adams has the better season.

Either way, good for James Jones.

Joemailman
08-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Probably. SD doesn't have much at WR. Good luck to a classy player.

vince
08-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Good luck to a classy player.
+1

smuggler
08-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Hope he catches 15 TDs. Just none against GB. (Would be a SB so have to be stingy!)

pbmax
08-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Good luck James. The powder blues are great uniforms.

Please punch the Marmalade the QB in the face at least once.

MadtownPacker
08-02-2016, 09:17 PM
I bet you will be wrong about more things than you are right about. Not my opinion just basing it on past posts.

Best of luck to JJ, he always surprises his doubters.

Rutnstrut
08-02-2016, 10:43 PM
I bet you will be wrong about more things than you are right about. Not my opinion just basing it on past posts.

Best of luck to JJ, he always surprises his doubters.

Ok fearless leader. Since you seem to have some kind of a list of my past post misses. Please share them with us, I will be the first to admit when I was wrong. Or when the bourbon was doing the "thinking" and typing for me;)

MadtownPacker
08-03-2016, 12:18 AM
See, another misfire by you. It's "dear leader" based on how I am told things are done here. :lol:

Pugger
08-03-2016, 06:40 AM

Boy, you really hate Adams, don't you? JJ is a nice WR but slower than I am.

I hope James has a nice season with the Bolts.

Rutnstrut
08-03-2016, 11:24 AM
See, another misfire by you. It's "dear leader" based on how I am told things are done here. :lol:

Sounds like me at home. I'm in charge when my wife and kids tell me I can be.

gbgary
08-03-2016, 01:11 PM
good luck to jj. he's got one more year in him for sure.

Zool
08-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Boy, you really hate Adams, don't you? JJ is a nice WR but slower than I am.

I hope James has a nice season with the Bolts.

I think he could keep up with you Pug. Would be a tight race though.

red
08-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Good for JJ

It's nuts that it took this long for him to find work. He's easily a top 3 at on 75% of teams

King Friday
08-03-2016, 11:00 PM
I can't see him having much of an impact, but I wish him luck. Good to see he's earning a little more coin...he's earned it. At least someone is willing to sign a contract with San Diego.

Pugger
08-04-2016, 06:55 AM
I think he could keep up with you Pug. Would be a tight race though.

:lol:

Bretsky
08-05-2016, 07:39 AM
Good for JJ

It's nuts that it took this long for him to find work. He's easily a top 3 at on 75% of teams

Not sure he cracks the top 3 on most teams; he catches the ball well and provides a nice target if the QB makes the perfect throw but dude is average at best as a route runner and not fast.

With that being said, he's still normally your #1 WR on your fantasy football team.......lol

Patler
08-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Not sure he cracks the top 3 on most teams; he catches the ball well and provides a nice target if the QB makes the perfect throw but dude is average at best as a route runner and not fast.

With that being said, he's still normally your #1 WR on your fantasy football team.......lol

Ah, the always under-appreciated James Jones! :-)

In each of the past four seasons he has had a personal best: 2012 - TDs (14); 2013 - Longest (83 yards); 2014 - Receptions (73); 2015 - Yards & Average (890/17.8). He has missed just 2 games in the last 7 years and plays injured without saying a word and takes what is given him without complaint or demand. He hasn't shown any signs of drop off.

In spite of that, each of the last three years he has been on the street looking for work.

ThunderDan
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Ah, the always under-appreciated James Jones! :-)

In each of the past four seasons he has had a personal best: 2012 - TDs (14); 2013 - Longest (83 yards); 2014 - Receptions (73); 2015 - Yards & Average (890/17.8). He has missed just 2 games in the last 7 years and plays injured without saying a word and takes what is given him without complaint or demand. He hasn't shown any signs of drop off.

In spite of that, each of the last three years he has been on the street looking for work.

Using longest isn't really a good choice n my opinion unless it occurs on a TD like Driver had a few years back when he broke a whole bunch of tackles. With a WR, all it takes is a missed jam and a safety taking the wrong angle trying to INT the ball and you have a 75 yard TD.

Patler
08-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Using longest isn't really a good choice n my opinion unless it occurs on a TD like Driver had a few years back when he broke a whole bunch of tackles. With a WR, all it takes is a missed jam and a safety taking the wrong angle trying to INT the ball and you have a 75 yard TD.

It wasn't a choice, it was all I could come up with for 2013! :-)

In Jones case, it showed he had enough speed/savvy to go the last 50 yards without getting caught from behind by a DB that was never real far off him.

Patler
08-05-2016, 11:25 AM

His 65 yard TD last year showed multiple things;
- he outmuscled the DB to get off the initial jam and get open;
- he had enough speed to get to the five
- he had the strength and smarts to use is left arm to catapult himself to the goal line when he was tripped up inside the five.

An all around play showing strength, OK speed and smarts.