PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Packer Tryouts

pbmax
08-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Hello Kellen Winslow.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
This is interesting… FA TE Kellen Winslow II is working out for the #Packers tomorrow, sources say. His first since attempting a comeback

red
08-06-2016, 03:45 PM
the fuck?

nothing about winslow screams "packer people?. well except whole PED thing

Rutnstrut
08-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Maybe this is something to keep the present TE's from feeling too comfortable.

Carolina_Packer
08-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Hopefully this isn't any kind of bad news about Jared Cook's health. They probably have these kinds of player work-outs a good bit. This one just happens to be with a higher-profile name. Even if he gets a spot on the 90-man, what are the odds of him taking the place of a younger player? He's 33, and hasn't played in 3 seasons. Those odds are long. Let's see what he's got left. If he's still got something in the tank, I'd take him over Perillo, despite the 8 year age difference. Let's see if we have the Roy Hobbs of TE stories here.

gbgary
08-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Hopefully this isn't any kind of bad news about Jared Cook's health. They probably have these kinds of player work-outs a good bit. This one just happens to be with a higher-profile name. Even if he gets a spot on the 90-man, what are the odds of him taking the place of a younger player? He's 33, and hasn't played in 3 seasons. Those odds are long. Let's see what he's got left. If he's still got something in the tank, I'd take him over Perillo, despite the 8 year age difference. Let's see if we have the Roy Hobbs of TE stories here.

it might be commentary on the wr situation too.

Guiness
08-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Is there any pre-existing relationship between Winslow and Packer management? Are they bringing him in as a favor to give him some exposure? I can't see him having much to offer, saying he hasn't played in 3 seasons is a nicety, the last year he played anything near full-time was 2011.

His Wikipedia page has this gem in the personal section

Winslow is also an avid cyclist, and rides his bicycles around San Diego county with his dentist.

Rutnstrut
08-08-2016, 11:18 AM
it might be commentary on the wr situation too.

Nope they are stacked deep at WR with young talent. That's the message they put forth when letting Jones go.

Fritz
08-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Is there any pre-existing relationship between Winslow and Packer management? Are they bringing him in as a favor to give him some exposure? I can't see him having much to offer, saying he hasn't played in 3 seasons is a nicety, the last year he played anything near full-time was 2011.

His Wikipedia page has this gem in the personal section

Maybe Ted knows his dad - they played in the same era, though I don't remember if at that time the Oilers were in the western division.

Or maybe Ted knows his dentist.

pbmax
08-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Oilers were in the AFC Central.

"This year we kick the damn door down!"
~Bum Phillips, before losing the Division and the Playoffs to the Steelers again