PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't charles rodgers been signed by any team?

packers11
09-04-2006, 05:21 PM
The topic basically states the question.... :lol:

CyclonePackFan
09-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Because 1.) He sucks worse than Paris Hilton and 2.) He's just as fragile as she is. :wink:

OKC PackerFan
09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
This is the only thing I found on Rodgers.

KFFL
Bears | Rogers may not be totally ruled out
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:39:28 -0700

Gene Chamberlain, of the Daily Southtown, reports the Chicago Bears have not totally ruled out signing free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). His signing was not totally ruled out by general manager Jerry Angelo, but his comments leaned in the direction of not signing Rogers. "Any player with that kind of talent is going to intrigue you, but it's tough right now when you're getting ready for the season," Angelo said. "We need to know that the people we take out there, that we can count on them. "When you bring in a player, irrelevant of what his talent level is now, without the knowledge of the system, obviously there are some things that are a concern or else he wouldn't be out there. So it's tough to do at this point." The Bears would need to learn more about Rogers before signing him. Rogers has twice suffered a broken collarbone, and he had a substance-abuse problem last year that led to a suspension. Angelo said he's convinced the wide receiver corps as it stands can be sufficient.

mraynrand
09-04-2006, 05:28 PM
I've heard rumors that he's a drug addict and no one wants to touch him. Perhaps Koren Robinson would be a safer bet.

b bulldog
09-04-2006, 05:30 PM
hEARD THE SAME THING

packers11
09-04-2006, 05:31 PM
I've heard rumors that he's a drug addict and no one wants to touch him. Perhaps Koren Robinson would be a safer bet.

hahahahahaha... man.... that one amused me :lol:

PackerPro42
09-04-2006, 05:38 PM
I've also heard that.

Willard
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Not only is he lazy, comfortable living off his huge rookie signing bonus, and enamored with the wonder weed -- he already has at least 1 strike (can somebody confirm?) in the NFL substance abuse program. If he is busted again he is off the team for eith 4 games or the season (somebody please confirm?). Who wants an undependable teammate like that?

BananaMan
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
No one has picked him up for the same reasons he was cut.

billy_oliver880
09-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Perhaps no one wanted to deal with another pita?

Guiness
09-04-2006, 06:09 PM
AFAIK, he has 2 strikes - got a 4 game suspension last time. Next time will be a year.

As far as living large off the signing bonus,

In another twist of bad luck for Rogers, the Lions filed a grievance claiming that his drug suspension violated a clause in his contract and thus the team is trying to recoup around $10 million of the $14 million the Lions have given to Rogers in bonuses

That'll put a crimp in the old lifestyle.

Having said all of that, if he was called in for an interview, and acted decently, he'll land somewhere. Too much talent not to have another team give him a chance.

digitaldean
09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Not only is he lazy, comfortable living off his huge rookie signing bonus, and enamored with the wonder weed -- he already has at least 1 strike (can somebody confirm?) in the NFL substance abuse program. If he is busted again he is off the team for eith 4 games or the season (somebody please confirm?). Who wants an undependable teammate like that?

Try 2 strikes, next one and he's out for the season. He was suspended 4 games last year by the NFL.

GMs won't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Because 1.) He sucks worse than Paris Hilton and 2.) He's just as fragile as she is. :wink:

Didn't you hear Cyclone, Paris is now celibate. :roll:

CyclonePackFan
09-04-2006, 07:20 PM

I do recall hearing something about that...I make every attempt to not give a shit about what any celebrity says or does, unless it's something incredibly stupid, even by Hollywood standards. Paris Hilton spending a year in celibacy is about as likely as seeing Mahmud Ahmadinedschad and Ehud Olmert holding hands and skipping down the streets of Jerusalem singing the White Stripes' "We're going to be friends"

Also, just because she stopped doing something doesn't mean she still isn't horrible at it :wink:

mraynrand
09-04-2006, 09:15 PM

I celibate all the time. What's wrong with that?

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Paris celibate? That should last about as long as her last chihuahua...

Tarlam!
09-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Paris celibate? That should last about as long as her last chihuahua...

Surely you're not inferring..... :shock:

packrat
09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
He is also represented by the Postons, who have a reputation as about the most difficult agents out there to deal with.