PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Browns Game Day Thread

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 04:43 PM
We didn't have an official Game Day Thread last week and you saw what happened. No game. Don't mess with tradition.

Teamcheez1
08-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Rodgers not likely to play.
Hundley hasn't practiced all week.

The Callahan era is about to begin.

oldbutnotdeadyet
08-12-2016, 04:46 PM
We didn't have an official Game Day Thread last week and you saw what happened. No game. Don't mess with tradition.

Yeah, I'm actually glad all we lost was the game. Messing with packerrat tradition could have been end of world shit....

red
08-12-2016, 04:53 PM
i can't wait to see how the guys that aren't going to make our team look against the guys that aren't gonna make their team

ThunderDan
08-12-2016, 05:09 PM
At the GB DISTILLERY having dinner before the game.

Go pack go!

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 05:41 PM
I'll be interested to see how the WR's (Abby, Ty, Janis, Adams, Geronimo) look. Also the ILB's, Cook, Spriggs.

CaptainKickass
08-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Obligatory game day post.

ThunderDan
08-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Obligatory game day post.

That is so original. I hang on your post every week.

ThunderDan
08-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Morrell booms a 65 yard punt in warm ups

red
08-12-2016, 07:04 PM
KICK THE FUCKING BALL ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
08-12-2016, 07:08 PM
ummm yeah, thats still a big gut on lacy

Teamcheez1
08-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Trying to get Abby hurt on kick-offs to make room for other WR's on the roster.

red
08-12-2016, 07:10 PM
we might not see to much from the wr's tonight, 5 straight runs from the no name QB

red
08-12-2016, 07:11 PM
dick rod fucks up early

red
08-12-2016, 07:12 PM
hold up, TE's can get yardage AFTER they catch the ball?

i thought they had to go down right away

red
08-12-2016, 07:12 PM
m3 already in post season form blowing TO's

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Ah yes, another 6 months of yelling at the TV and typing vigorously. Oh how I've missed football.

red
08-12-2016, 07:18 PM
BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

red
08-12-2016, 07:20 PM
of course shit head masthay is gonna kick lights out, just long enough to keep his job

Pugger
08-12-2016, 07:21 PM
What is the score of this nonsense?

red
08-12-2016, 07:22 PM
yup

Teamcheez1
08-12-2016, 07:23 PM
I can see we will learn nothing about our WR's tonight. There is no QB playing that can throw them the ball.

red
08-12-2016, 07:26 PM
bend bend bend bend bend, NOW TRY NOT TO BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

red
08-12-2016, 07:29 PM
hey a review, how exciting

tought to stay focused with the olympics on

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 07:30 PM
here comes a safety

red
08-12-2016, 07:30 PM
sweet we scored first

for them

red
08-12-2016, 07:31 PM
guy says he has no clue what happened between barclay and the guard

i do

BARCLAY FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMBASS
08-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Nice blocking on the goal line...

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 07:33 PM
well, we got it back at least

red
08-12-2016, 07:36 PM
54 yard FG for money mase

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 07:38 PM
One of the rarities in sports. A 3-2 football score.

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 07:39 PM
3rd and 4th string QB's playing behind backups on line. Gonna be ugly.

red
08-12-2016, 07:42 PM
i can't do it, this is too boring. i'm out

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 07:44 PM
wow...that was actually the correct call. uncatchable

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Fluffy Perillo!

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 07:47 PM
longest quarter ever

Teamcheez1
08-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Fluffy Perillo!

He should be working out with Lacy on the P90X program

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 07:55 PM
horseshit call

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:02 PM
50 minutes behind watching DVR

Why is Abby on KO returns? Death wish?

Lacy looks both fat and skinny. Schroedinger's RB. That back pad he wears stretches his shirt around a distended belly. But he looks thin through torso and hips. Must just have a bulging gut. He looks more agile and quicker. But any profile video he looks like his gut is still there.

Tretter at Center but Bulaga blows an easy cut off block that costs Starks a nice run. BB barely touched his guy. Awful. His guy was Kruger formerly of Baltimore.

DickRod looks much thinner. He's also offside for no reason.

Cook with nice flat route for first. Same route DickRod could not escape tackles for first downs. Cook with no problem. That will work well for first downs and goal line.

Someone missed offside ILB. One block away from BIG run gain again.

Starks late to hole on 2nd and 7.

Callahan panics under blitz and scrambles. Should have run but threw ball too far OOB.

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 08:10 PM
PERILLO!!!!

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Lang with trouble on cut off block. Another tackle on RB that was one block away from going deep.

Callahan had small opening but double clutched. Might have been tipped at line.

Callahan not an accurate night.

Rollins has foot in end zone. Should have been at 1 inch line.

Randall got beat but misjudged ball and took bad step.

Who hit Griffin?

Zero (as in none) pressure. Perry got a hit though.

JoeT nice fill on a misdirection. Jayrone with good burst to push play to Thomas.

Decent depth of ILB on seam route and inaccurate pass to TE for INT by Hyde. Nice.

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Most of Callahan's throws going to TE's.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Thomas sat on outside of that seam route. QB had to move ball inside. TE did not see that. Hyde did.

Tretter and Rip whiff on goal line and safety.

Unintentional pooch punt bobbled. More Banjo!

Callahan is slow to deliver and not too accurate. Hs receivers, even if they get ball, have no chance.

Lane taylor got abused in pass pro. Callahan and Cook decent pitch and catch in middle.

Nice looking screen. Crockett

No idea what that 3rd down throw was doing. He went blitz side which is good. Maybe WR didn't read route change.

Money Crosby.

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Who hit Griffin?

If you're talking about the low hit, it was McCray.

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Nice 2 min drill. for the TD.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Blake Martinez with big missed tackle. Cost 10 yards.

Kinda getting pressure. But not immediate. Datone around the edge.

Abby on punt returns. Packers are just trying to cause an injury to help the roster I think.

Callahan loves the middle of the field.

No second level blocking from second O line.

Monty out wide.

Callahan just has no patience for pressure. CB fakes a blitz and leaves entire wide side of field open with Monty. Callahan never looked.

Mortell another short effort.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:39 PM
If you're talking about the low hit, it was McCray.

Early, his first drive on throw to Pryor?

RashanGary
08-12-2016, 08:43 PM
I like Callahan. His arm is just good enough. Moves well. I liked his focus on that last drive. He looked good. Might be a good backup.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Someone lost contain and Thomas had to chase. 55 just ran to the ball at the snap.

Former Packer Gerhart at Guard?

Late hit on QB, son of a bitch. 55 with low hit (McCray). Man that didn't look too low.

Bradford with nice close on RB throw in middle. Good hit.

D line looking ragged in this drive.

Prior just torched Hawkins (CB).

They just let Josh McCown loose for a throw running to his left. Should all be fired after that. TD to TE. Don't care if he was over the LOS.

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Early, his first drive on throw to Pryor?

I know there was one play where Perry took an inside rush and got to the QB.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Special teams returns look HORRIBLE today.

Backman ran flat route but could escape LB coverage. 1 yard throw, 1 yard gain.

Perillo has some hands.

Gannon thinks Abby is big tall lanky?

Callahan with nice escape.

Lane Taylor not having a good night.

Risky throw on slant to Monty. Three guys waiting.

Callahan has very loose concept of the pocket.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:56 PM
I know there was one play where Perry took an inside rush and got to the QB.

Yeah that was next Browns drive. Griffin looked like he got whacked on that deep throw to Pryor on first possession.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 08:59 PM
DATONE!

Clark nice tackle on 3rd down draw.

Bretsky
08-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Has anything happened of note ? Abby returning no surprise. MM values sure hands. He's a decent returner but his hands probably make him a MM fave on kickoffs. Of course I'd rather have the guy who runs a 4.3 on returns.....well...or the Fresno Fraud.....since we'd have no loss if he gets hurt...lol

pittstang5
08-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I think the Browns only have one penalty. Packers have alot.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 09:36 PM
Drive just before halftime:

Holy crap the Packers just ran an actual zone read handoff.

Callahan likes that flat route to TE.

Another abandoned pocket early.

Stood in that time and got Abby.

That was a zone stick route, handoff and throw if ILB commits to run. Backman with nifty route.

I vote no throw to double covered Backman.

Dumb sideline TO.

TD on another flat route.

Lovely drive, still don't like this offense

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2016, 09:39 PM
ummm yeah, thats still a big gut on lacy

I'd like to see a before and after picture. I don't see how a pro running back can't get in shape with all the trainers and incentives.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Did Davis give up on that route?

Williams with a late and inadvisable throw when he bailed on running wide.

Bad snap count. Half line went on one.

Crockett picked bad hole wide.

Springs got thrown aside on one pass block.

Like the screens.

Williams footwork is Favre like.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Ladies and gentleman, Carl Bradford can play nickel LB I think.

Pennel not in game until 3rd Q.

Goodson with OK coverage, little unsettled when to look for the ball.

Holy Fackrell is in!

And Abby is returning in the 3 Qtr. What the hell?

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Mortell having a good night. If he can hold for kicks as well as Masthay, he can win this job.

pittstang5
UH OH...Mortell looks good. Can he hold for Crosby?

Joemailman
Thank you Ringo.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 10:02 PM
UH OH...Mortell looks good. Can he hold for Crosby?

He had two nothing kicks in first half.

Bretsky
08-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Abby with a 44 yard punt return

pbmax
08-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Davis with nice catch. Even better on a contested slant.

Backman having a night.

GERONIMO first down!

If you want to win a game you shouldn't with a backup QB, it might be Williams and his legs that would do it.

Whatever version of the O line this is, they can run block a little.

Ross (RB)? makes 2 bad run reads in a row.

bad throw for an INT.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Gilbert forces safety.

4th quarter Abby KO return.

Another Ross run TOO wide.

Great Mortell punt but was a liner.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 10:27 PM
HOLY FACKRELL! You do have to block him!

Lost his helmet so he has to come off and get examined.

Burks (RB) kinda nifty after the catch.

Walker at RT.

Peaches and Herb Waters in is.

Joe the Show with the short yardage stop of Burks.

Nice naked boot and shovel pass.

Ross having a bad night at RB

Joemailman
08-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Random thoughts:

After tonight, I think Bradford has a shot at making the team.

Backman looked pretty quick.

Not sure Callahan was seeing the field. Couldn't seem to find WR's. Maybe nerves. Probably played in front of more people tonight than he did in his entire college career.

Not sure, but Barclay might be okay at Center.

Marquis Williams is a heck of an athlete.

Randall gets beat deep on sideline route. Is he basically Casey Hayward (Before the hamstrings)?

Crockett and Burks maybe aren't bad.

pbmax
08-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Randall should have plenty of speed. I think he is faster than Hayward ever was. On that early route he took a false step instead of running through the receiver.

Bradford looked just find in coverage. At least when the play was in front of him. Closed very well.

Twitter likes Williams more than Callahan. I agree.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2016, 12:12 AM
Randall should have plenty of speed. I think he is faster than Hayward ever was. On that early route he took a false step instead of running through the receiver.

Bradford looked just find in coverage. At least when the play was in front of him. Closed very well.

Twitter likes Williams more than Callahan. I agree.

Hayward had solid speed coming out. 4.47 40 which is almost identical to Randall (4.46). Their 3-cone times, broad jump, height, and weight are almost identical. The only real difference was Randall's 38" vertical compared to Hayward's 34" vertical.

RashanGary
08-13-2016, 07:06 AM
As long as he's healthy, abbrederis is our #3 wr. Rodgers values trust above most else. Abby is the exact kind of Jennings/Nelson/Cobb sort of player that you can trust to make all of the right adjustments and be in the right spot. And he's got some talent too.

pbmax
08-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Hayward had solid speed coming out. 4.47 40 which is almost identical to Randall (4.46). Their 3-cone times, broad jump, height, and weight are almost identical. The only real difference was Randall's 38" vertical compared to Hayward's 34" vertical.

Given that Randall hasn't had leg injuries, I think that speed should be fine for outside. Slightly curious he was out there wide after he and Rollins spent a LOT of time in the first two weeks splitting duties with slot CB. It wasn't a good play by Randall, but like I said I think the bought a head and shoulder fake and took a bad step more than anything else to lose T Pryor.

pbmax
08-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Gannett is going to need to get another editor on Bob or give him more time to come up with the best catastrophic story line.

Bob is worried Little Mike has gone off the rails already. Today, Bob says the plan with Rodgers playing in the first preseason game last year went well until unspecified other problems derailed the team. Clearly the plan of playing in the first two exhibition games and not the last two was the near optimum way to go because for 3 games, Rodgers was lights out.

Since he mentions no other considerations, he suggests the late season swoon is the reason he held Rodgers out of the Browns game. Bob is worried this is an overreaction, never before seen in the civilized world, to one set of bad events caused by participation in last years first two preseason game. Bob doesn't say this, but with more time I am sure he would have mentioned generals always fighting the last war.

And if that were not enough, coaches who are human and have actual empathy used to start the starters for at least a series or two because the patrons have paid a lot of money to see their team. Because the best way to run a winning franchise is to set you player participation plan in accordance with the Executive Board's ticket sales and revenue plan.

If you are thus far unconvinced, Bob tells you that the last time Rodgers sat out the first preseason game, in 2014, the offense struggled in its opening three games. The offense struggled early in 2012 as well, when Rodgers did play in the exhibition opener, which is obviously the exception that proves the rule.

And Lord knows the Packers shouldn't be playing with fire. They open on the road with an improving Jacksonville Jaguars squad.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/08/13/packers-taking-risk-resting-rodgers/88618058/

pbmax
08-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Holy crap it gets worse. Read this:

The Packers had practiced 12 times leading up to the opener, with eight conducted in pads. None of the work included live tackling.

Hue Jackson, the new coach in Cleveland, incorporated periods of full contact in about two-thirds of his practices. His approach is almost the exact opposite of McCarthy’s.

Now if you have better things to do, you read this and say Hue Jackson had Live Tackling in 2/3 of his practices plus he played his starting QB for 2 series. Clearly, this is a man who knows how to football. But if you have nothing better to do, you realize this:

1. Hue Jackson is 8-8 as a HC.
2. Robert Griffin is in his first year of a new offense and is coming back from an injury and not playing for a year.
3. Bob doesn't actually say Hue had live tackling. He says full contact. Maybe that includes live tackling, but ol' Bob ain't telling.
4. Periods of Full Contact sounds a lot like half line drills if you think about it
5. The Packers have had 8 practices in pads out of 12. Hue is running periods of contact in 66.7% of his practices. Little Mike is running at 75% in pads. More similar than different I should think.

I think Bob is mad he didn't get to write the game review article.

gbgary
08-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Gannett is going to need to get another editor on Bob or give him more time to come up with the best catastrophic story line.

Bob is worried Little Mike has gone off the rails already. Today, Bob says the plan with Rodgers playing in the first preseason game last year went well until unspecified other problems...

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/08/13/packers-taking-risk-resting-rodgers/88618058/

saw that linked on twitter last night. pretty silly.

pbmax
08-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Here is the reason you simply MUST play your QB in the first pre-season game.

Philadelphia Eagles ‏@Eagles 7m7 minutes ago
Injury update: QB Carson Wentz suffered a hairline fracture in his ribs during last Thursday’s game vs. Tampa Bay.

Patler
08-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Why do I get the feeling that if AR had played last night, McGinn's article would have been about how silly it is to risk injury to him so far ahead of the start of the season?

Joemailman
08-13-2016, 03:43 PM
As long as he's healthy, abbrederis is our #3 wr. Rodgers values trust above most else. Abby is the exact kind of Jennings/Nelson/Cobb sort of player that you can trust to make all of the right adjustments and be in the right spot. And he's got some talent too.

I think Ty Montgomery is in that same mold. He gained Rodgers' confidence very quickly last year before his injury. Maybe it will just come down to which one can stay healthy.

Pugger
08-13-2016, 03:56 PM
I think Ty Montgomery is in that same mold. He gained Rodgers' confidence very quickly last year before his injury. Maybe it will just come down to which one can stay healthy.

With Janis sidelined with a broken hand both Ty and Abby will most likely make the final roster.

Joemailman
08-13-2016, 05:08 PM
With Janis sidelined with a broken hand both Ty and Abby will most likely make the final roster.

Oh I think that Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Ty and Abby were virtual locks. It's just a matter of whether Janis, Davis and Allison can grab one or two spots.

Pugger
08-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Why do I get the feeling that if AR had played last night, McGinn's article would have been about how silly it is to risk injury to him so far ahead of the start of the season?

Cuz that's what McGinn would do. :-?