PDA

View Full Version : Janis Suffers Broken Hand

pbmax
08-13-2016, 09:50 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17292237

No prognosis other than significant time lost in camp and preseason.

red
08-13-2016, 09:54 AM
IR anyone?

Joemailman
08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
IR anyone?

Maybe IRDTR if nobody else gets hurt.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2016, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is injury settlement time. Not that they want to release Janis, but he is off to such a rocky start, and they have a lot of players to protect. Maybe IR.

pbmax
08-13-2016, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is injury settlement time. Not that they want to release Janis, but he is off to such a rocky start, and they have a lot of players to protect. Maybe IR.

Too much talent. I think even if its going to cost him the year, they give it another shot.

esoxx
08-13-2016, 12:46 PM
I thought they were trying to get Abby injured last night, not Janis.

Patler
08-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Maybe IRDTR if nobody else gets hurt.

There is no "DTR" anymore. Everyone just goes to IR, and one can be brought back. He does not have to be designated for return when he goes on IR.

Bretsky
08-13-2016, 03:06 PM
If we IR janis and ban him to watch film all year any chance he comes out reading defenses correctly ?

Joemailman
08-13-2016, 03:09 PM
If we IR janis and ban him to watch film all year any chance he comes out reading defenses correctly ?

I doubt he needs to watch more film. I think it's just a matter of whether he can transfer what he's seen on film into actions on the field.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2016, 03:37 PM
There is no "DTR" anymore. Everyone just goes to IR, and one can be brought back. He does not have to be designated for return when he goes on IR.

Good rule change.

Bretsky
08-13-2016, 07:24 PM
I doubt he needs to watch more film. I think it's just a matter of whether he can transfer what he's seen on film into actions on the field.

They have Simulators for Pilots and Austronauts..............we need to create one for Janis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2016, 09:58 PM
Good rule change.

Good change, but I think IR for football should be like other sports. Any player that goes on IR should be able to return after a certain amount of time (4 or 6 games).

Guiness
08-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Good change, but I think IR for football should be like other sports. Any player that goes on IR should be able to return after a certain amount of time (4 or 6 games).

The rule does seem a bit antiquated. I think it was intended to prevent teams from stashing a whole roster of players on the IR to keep them out of reach of other teams. I think it would be a lot harder to do that now and it would affect a team's salary cap pretty significantly. I think it would be better for player safety too, if the NFL has more liberal rules about injuries, something closer to MLB 15 and 30 day DL, teams would be less likely to put injured players on the field.

Patler
08-14-2016, 09:12 AM
The rule does seem a bit antiquated. I think it was intended to prevent teams from stashing a whole roster of players on the IR to keep them out of reach of other teams. I think it would be a lot harder to do that now and it would affect a team's salary cap pretty significantly. I think it would be better for player safety too, if the NFL has more liberal rules about injuries, something closer to MLB 15 and 30 day DL, teams would be less likely to put injured players on the field.

You are correct, the salary cap should alleviate a lot of the concern about a team stashing players, but if they do, so what? If a team loses a player to a year ending injury, why should they have to get a replacement off the street if another player on IR has recovered enough to play? Why should the team have to pay a third player when one they pay already can be activated? In the end, all teams have the same amount to spend on players.

KYPack
08-14-2016, 10:58 AM
This is too bad. As B says, Janis needs film work. But way more than that, he needs game reps. When this kid came into the league, his route tree had two branches. He is the greenest WR to come down the pike since Charles Johnson. A physical setback is the very last thing he needed.

It does point up the need for lots of WR depth. These guys get nicked up.

pbmax
08-14-2016, 12:00 PM
McCarthy says only that Janis will not be practicing this week.

pbmax
08-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
WR Jeff Janis said he's been told it will be 4-6 weeks after surgery to put screws in the bones around his index finger.

Rutnstrut
08-15-2016, 07:59 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
WR Jeff Janis said he's been told it will be 4-6 weeks after surgery to put screws in the bones around his index finger.

What hand is it?

Joemailman
08-15-2016, 08:08 PM
What hand is it?

I think it might be the right hand.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp2fjloXgAAzyNI.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2016, 12:07 PM
I think it might be the right hand.

Brutal. Using the left hand once in a while when you want some strange is OK, but it really is not the same quality.