PDA

View Full Version : Miami, FSU, Nuff said!

b bulldog
09-04-2006, 05:34 PM
One of the biggest rivalries in college football occurs tonight at the orange Bowl. My pick is the canes by 3. I see Miami looking real strong this season and showing that they will be the best team in Florida this season. Man, I love this time of the year!

red
09-04-2006, 06:06 PM
GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really hate that they have this game as the 1st game of the season. it almost takes the loser out of the title picture in the first week

Charles Woodson
09-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Sorry to burst everyones bubble but fsu is gana take the canes... not only cause i have a total of 155 bucks on them but also because they have a better offense...QBs are about even, fsu has better backs and recivers, miami just has TEs, both defenese are sick, im really looking forward it

GO NOLESS!!!!!!!!!!

red
09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
the thing i don't like about this game being the first of the season is that neither team is in mid season form, obviously.

last year showed neither team was ready for a big opponet in week one, and to top in off they got their most hated rival.

it was a game of mistakes and ugliness, if i remember right.

the fans got ripped off because the teams wern't in top gear when the big game came, both teams were not playing up to their full ability.

its not fair to the fans or the teams IMO

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry to burst everyones bubble but fsu is gana take the canes... not only cause i have a total of 155 bucks on them
My goodness Charles, you and ballhawk are starting up early age gambling. :shock:

FavreChild
09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Ah, yes - every year, I can't decide which team I hate more.

red
09-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Ah, yes - every year, I can't decide which team I hate more.

thats how i am with notre dame and........................

well its just notre dame that i hate with a passion, it goes back to the years when ND and Miami were huge rivals, and it lives on to today

Charles Woodson
09-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry to burst everyones bubble but fsu is gana take the canes... not only cause i have a total of 155 bucks on them
My goodness Charles, you and ballhawk are starting up early age gambling. :shock:

haha i thought we are the same age japf im a freshman

b bulldog
09-04-2006, 06:50 PM
The Canes will win, my second favorite college team! Go UM!

CyclonePackFan
09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Ah, the annual battle of 'which Florida team pays their recruits more?' Personally, I'm shocked Rhett Bomar didn't head to one of these teams, he'd fit right in. I only wish it were possible for them both to lose.

Other teams have awards for MVP, Citizenship, etc. The most sought-after award at FSU is 'longest arrest record', with it's compliment, 'most hidden substance-abuse violations' at Miami.

That being said, I'm really surprised this game is still on Week 1, especially now that FSU-Miami is a conference battle.

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 06:55 PM

haha i thought we are the same age japf im a freshman
Isn't it still early age gambling? I want in.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I like Florida State more than Miami, so I'll be rooting for them. I have no idea who is favored or where it's being played. I plan on getting off the PC and watching it soon.

b bulldog
09-04-2006, 08:28 PM
if you like football, this game is a must see. Already have had three helmets knocked off just by the nasty hits being laid out there.

flipnout91
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Ah, yes - every year, I can't decide which team I hate more.I usually hate the one with the most felonies... Usually both are in the low teens.

Charles Woodson
09-04-2006, 10:32 PM

They will, will they? haha 13-10 baby....Nice try anyways

mraynrand
09-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Boring game. 5 total yards for Miami in the second half. How pathetic is that?

red
09-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Boring game. 5 total yards for Miami in the second half. How pathetic is that?

thats the problem with having this as the first game of the year. the teams just weren't ready for each other, and the game sucked because of it

and now, one college football powerhouse is already out of the national championship race in the first week. it pretty much makes the rest of the season worthless

mraynrand
09-05-2006, 08:19 AM
and now, one college football powerhouse is already out of the national championship race in the first week. it pretty much makes the rest of the season worthless

That's the same way I feel when Michigan loses to ND - their season is flushed before it even starts

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2006, 09:23 AM
5 yards rushing combined by both teams. Lots of speed on those two defenses.

chewy-bacca
09-05-2006, 09:42 AM

That's the same way I feel when Michigan loses to ND - their season is flushed before it even starts

they *could* still meet in the ACC champ. game. If that happend, I would think the nat. champ. spot might be in the mix for the winner.

I will say that this game being so early in the year makes it hard to watch. Was it the speedy D or the not so put in place "O" that dictated the pace?

Lurker64
09-05-2006, 09:57 AM

Which is really more of a fault of the lack of a playoff system in college football than the fault of the schedulers.

justanotherpackfan
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM

They will, will they? haha 13-10 baby....Nice try anyways
What's it like being $155 richer?

b bulldog
09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
was a great defensive game but the O's were a bit awful.

CyclonePackFan
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
It's all good, people. We're gonna have some damn fine games next week:

Saturday, September 9:

2:30 p.m. #10 Penn State @ #4 Notre Dame (NBC)
2:30 p.m. on ABC, one of:
#14 Iowa @ Syracuse
Washington @ #15 Oklahoma
#18 Clemson @ Boston College
Also @ 2:30 Western Illinois @ Wisconsin
4:00 p.m. (regional) Colorado @ Colorado St. (this one actually should be decent, since Colorado sucks this year)
6:00 p.m. Minnesota @ #22 Cal (TBS)
6:45 p.m. #12 Georgia @ South Carolina (ESPN)

and the big one....

7 p.m. #1 Ohio State @ #2 Texas (ABC)

I plan on taping PSU-Notre Dame, going to and taping ISU-UNLV, and taping/watching on a portable TV I bring into the stadium OSU-Texas

My loyalty lies with my conference. Hook 'em Horns!

Then, of course, Chicago @ Green Bay on Sunday!

b bulldog
09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Goooooo Horns!!!

b bulldog
09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
You surely have to tip your hat to ND for scheduling some very good gteams to start the season. Hopefully now that Barry is gone, UW will finally start to do the same.

justanotherpackfan
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Hopefully now that Barry is gone, UW will finally start to do the same.
Do you mean Washington State?

b bulldog
09-06-2006, 05:07 PM
no I meant they should schedule at least one perennial top 15 team in the preseason.

Badgepack
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I would like to see the Badgers playing Iowa State, home and away series.
With the Dan McCarney conncection, Iowa State being a good team, and alot better game than say Western Illinois, it would be cool.

Didn't they play a few years back?

justanotherpackfan
09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
no I meant they should schedule at least one perennial top 15 team in the preseason.
I was joking. I should of put a smiley or something, my bad.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 08:05 PM

They scheduled their preseason (Army, Navy, Air Force) for later in the year this year.

justanotherpackfan
09-06-2006, 08:27 PM

They scheduled their preseason (Army, Navy, Air Force) for later in the year this year.
???

b bulldog
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
O St is going down come Sat!

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 09:56 PM
For the first time since Glen Mason took over 10 years ago, the Minnesota Gophers are playing a top 25 non-conference team. Of course, the team they are playing #22 California probably shouldn't be in the top 25 after getting demolished by Tennessee last week.