PDA

View Full Version : Cut Down To 75

Joemailman
08-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Teams must be down to 75 by 3:00 PM Tuesday.

WR Ed Williams cut today.

Other Likely cuts?

Tyler Kuder
Lucas Patrick
Beniquez Brown
Jermaine Whitehead
Mitchell Henry (Injury settlement)
Casey Pierce
Harvey Binford
Jamel Johnson
Herb Waters
Jacob Flores
Randall Jette
Warren Gatewood

vince
08-28-2016, 08:32 PM
I'd say that looks like a good list.

Other first-cut candidates:
Derrick Matthews ILB
Demetrius Anderson DL
Kyle Steuck - OL
Alstevis Squirewell - FB

Maybe Dorleant gets IR'd. I haven't read or heard any updates on Elliott's injury. It doesn't seem like the Banjo and Crockett injuries make them IR candidates...

Kuder/Anderson, Patrick, Whitehead, Waters, Squirewell would seem to be leading PS prospects from the group.

Patler
08-28-2016, 09:29 PM
How is Ripkowski's knee? They might have to keep Squirewell at least until the last cut.

How many of the DL will they have to keep for the last exhibition game? Daniels, Guion and Clark aren't likely to play. Pennel will probably play a lot.

Joemailman
08-28-2016, 10:37 PM
How is Ripkowski's knee? They might have to keep Squirewell at least until the last cut.

How many of the DL will they have to keep for the last exhibition game? Daniels, Guion and Clark aren't likely to play. Pennel will probably play a lot.

I agree Squirewell probably makes this cut because of Rip's injury. Tough call though with some of these guys. You'd rather not play guys you know are going to get cut because if they get hurt you'll have to give them an injury settlement.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Teams must be down to 75 by 3:00 PM Tuesday.

WR Ed Williams cut today.

Other Likely cuts?

Tyler Kuder
Lucas Patrick
Beniquez Brown
Jermaine Whitehead
Mitchell Henry (Injury settlement)
Casey Pierce
Harvey Binford
Jamel Johnson
Herb Waters
Jacob Flores
Randall Jette
Warren Gatewood

I'd Steuck and somebody else instead of Kuder and Patrick. I've heard reports that Kuder and Patrick have done well enough that they are PS candidates.

vince
08-29-2016, 12:28 PM
The Green Bay Packers have released DT Demetris Anderson, CB Randall Jette, WR Jamel Johnson, LB Derrick Mathews, P Peter Mortell and WR Ed Williams. The transactions were announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-roster-moves/article-1/Packers-release-six-players/0adf8f36-2989-4703-841a-474f5e364f46#ixzz4Ik9OEiZx

Zool
08-29-2016, 12:46 PM
By all accounts, Mortell was doing well enough to warrant a longer look. I wonder if they are letting him catch on with another team looking for a punter?

pbmax
08-29-2016, 01:13 PM
By all accounts, Mortell was doing well enough to warrant a longer look. I wonder if they are letting him catch on with another team looking for a punter?

He has the leg. But he needs hang time.

MadScientist
08-29-2016, 01:19 PM
He has the leg. But he needs hang time.

Yep. No hang time is a bad thing, especially with coverage units that are down a couple of key players and were suspect to begin with. He wasn't going to make it, so time to cut bait.

They may have to trade up to get a punter next year.

gbgary
08-29-2016, 02:00 PM
mortell was the only name that surprised today.

Iron Mike
08-29-2016, 08:21 PM
They may have to trade up to get a punter next year.

OMG, please......NOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://www.dolphinstruth.com/imgs/sherm1.jpg

Pugger
08-30-2016, 05:48 AM

GMTA :lol:

Fritz
08-30-2016, 06:13 AM
I am puzzled by Jyrone Elliot's lack of production. I wonder if he just hasn't learned any new moves, or if he's been hurt, or what. I thought the guy had potential to start. But now he might not even make the team.

pbmax
08-30-2016, 09:23 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
I can confirm @RobDemovsky's report that TE Kennard Backman (knee) is being waived injured. He was a 6th-round pick in 2015. #Packers

pbmax
08-30-2016, 09:42 AM
I am puzzled by Jyrone Elliot's lack of production. I wonder if he just hasn't learned any new moves, or if he's been hurt, or what. I thought the guy had potential to start. But now he might not even make the team.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16h16 hours ago
Moss on J. Elliott: Got off to a great start. Maybe stats (not great), I believe in him and what he can do. I’m patient.

Upnorth
08-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Is there any reason to look at other teams DT's who have been released as a stop gap until Pennel returns in week 4? I would not even consider it but clark has been injured for a bit and i keep getting J Harrell flashbacks....

MadScientist
08-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Is there any reason to look at other teams DT's who have been released as a stop gap until Pennel returns in week 4? I would not even consider it but clark has been injured for a bit and i keep getting J Harrell flashbacks....

I'm sure they are being looked at, but do any teams have an over abundance of NT's?

Carolina_Packer
08-30-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm sure they are being looked at, but do any teams have an over abundance of NT's?

Terence Knighton, anyone? http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-release-defensive-lineman-terrance-knighton/ar-AAidf1n?OCID=ansmsnnews11

We are thin at DL with injuries and suspensions. He's proven.

Patler
08-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Terence Knighton, anyone? http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-release-defensive-lineman-terrance-knighton/ar-AAidf1n?OCID=ansmsnnews11

We are thin at DL with injuries and suspensions. He's proven.

Sounds like the guy might be done. NE already payed him $650K on a $2.05M contract, so money shouldn't have been a factor. I did find this:

Knighton’s release Monday morning was not the result of a lack of effort on the 30-year-old’s part, Belichick said, but rather the simple fact that other players had outperformed him. “He came in, worked hard, lost weight, got in good condition, tried to do the things we asked him to do,” the Patriots coach said. “(There were) just other people ahead of him.”

Knighton struggled against the Chicago Bears in the Patriots’ second preseason game and did not play a single snap in the third, a 19-17 win over the Carolina Panthers on Friday. Projected as a potential key contributor on New England’s defensive line, Knighton instead tumbled down the depth chart as the likes of Anthony Johnson, Vincent Valentine and Markus Kuhn put forth strong performances in training camp and the preseason.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/08/bill-belichick-explains-why-patriots-cut-terrance-knighton-just-didnt-work-out/

vince
08-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Today's moves to get to 75.
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/resized_v1/a19f2e65-6a19-4ec2-92ef-5b9542f5563f.jpg

Ted also traded Lerentee McCray to Buffalo for an undisclosed 2018 draft pick.

vince
08-30-2016, 12:36 PM
and reds"take it to the bank" claim of the day. the wr named binford will be cut very soon. guy ran a deep route with coverage into the endzone and kinda made at half assed attempt to get to it, and could have tried diving for it but decided not to. thats all well and good, but he did it right in front of me and the white wizard (TT). ted just kind of stared at the guy as he half assed it back to the line, then pulled out a pen and a piece of paper and wrote something down.

you gotta give it everything you got kid when the big boss is watching
boom.

Upnorth
08-30-2016, 12:37 PM
If Knighton struggled against what we have seen of the bears oline i would not hold out hope, however I would like to see him brought in for a looks see. We look to have great olb depth why not get rid of one of the fringe players to look at Knighton for a week.

Also re Crockett on IR, i must have missed the injury, or are they just stashing him?

Fritz
08-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Today's moves to get to 75.
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/resized_v1/a19f2e65-6a19-4ec2-92ef-5b9542f5563f.jpg

Ted also traded Lerentee McCray to Buffalo for an undisclosed 2018 draft pick.

With Walker injured and Rotheram waived/injured (I think) and Linsley languishing on the PUP list, should we be concerned about o-line depth? Lane Taylor, apparently, looks like the speed lane of the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit.

And how about Ted, picking up a free agent on the cheap, then getting a draft choice out of it when the guy was on the fence anyway? Go Thin White Duke!

Patler
08-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Also re Crockett on IR, i must have missed the injury, or are they just stashing him?

He came out of the game with a shoulder or elbow injury. Looked to be in a lot of pain initially.

MadScientist
08-30-2016, 01:38 PM
And how about Ted, picking up a free agent on the cheap, then getting a draft choice out of it when the guy was on the fence anyway? Go Thin White Duke!
Don't count your draft picks before they hatch. Trades like this are almost always on the condition that the guy makes the final 53. I'm guessing the Packers will get nothing, but will be pleasantly surprised if they come out with a 7th.

He came out of the game with a shoulder or elbow injury. Looked to be in a lot of pain initially.

Reports were that it would be 1-2 months, so they had to IR him. The only question is will they keep him or give him a settlement.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-30-2016, 02:35 PM

At least Sherman didn't cut a CHAMPION punter for some noodle-leg named "Scott" Frost.

Jon Ryan is still punting and punting well in the League.

Pugger
08-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Don't count your draft picks before they hatch. Trades like this are almost always on the condition that the guy makes the final 53. I'm guessing the Packers will get nothing, but will be pleasantly surprised if they come out with a 7th.

Reports were that it would be 1-2 months, so they had to IR him. The only question is will they keep him or give him a settlement.

The Bills were pretty thin at LB due to injuries so I have a feeling McCary will make their final roster.

Teamcheez1
08-30-2016, 02:59 PM
Don't they have to IR a player prior to coming to an injury settlement (i.e. cutting the player)? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

MadScientist
08-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Masthay out Schumm in.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-roster-moves/article-1/Packers-claim-P-Jacob-Schum-off-waivers/7615318f-46df-4add-9c8a-121baddd243b

pbmax
08-31-2016, 12:14 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 7h7 hours ago
NFL transaction wire says the #Packers received a conditional 7th-round pick from the Bills for OLB Lerentee McCray. The pick is for 2018.

pbmax
08-31-2016, 12:19 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11h11 hours ago
Jeff Janis is out at practice today with no club on his hand. Haven't seen him involved in drills yet. He's running sprints on his own.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11h11 hours ago
Janis carrying his helmet in right hand, with no club, but is not taking part in special teams drills.

Janis did individual work with receivers, no ST, no team drills.

vince
08-31-2016, 12:43 PM
They seem to be rushing Janis back a little bit. I'm wondering how safe he really is.

pbmax
08-31-2016, 01:05 PM
They seem to be rushing Janis back a little bit. I'm wondering how safe he really is.

Maybe they just wrapped a tendon around his finger like they did to Matthews thumb. :D