PDA

View Full Version : Russ Ball And Packers Future Post Ted

pbmax
08-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Under appreciated genius or just the face of Elliot Wolf's nightmares?

Packers NewsVerified account ‏@PGPackersNews 15h15 hours ago
Russ Ball seen as GM, president material, but he's never been interviewed for either position by an NFL team.

https://t.co/oXF1UmOdrU

Patler
08-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Ball replaces Murphy.
Wolf replaces Thompson.

RashanGary
08-29-2016, 09:43 AM
I have a feeling the Packers will fall into a slump after Thompson. I don't trust wolf.

pbmax
08-29-2016, 09:51 AM
Ball replaces Murphy.
Wolf replaces Thompson.

There is some logic to that. But does the Exec Committee feel strongly about an internal guy who doesn't even lead his own department? And has never gotten an interview elsewhere?

Murphy was an in demand sport admin already.

Patler
08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
I have a feeling the Packers will fall into a slump after Thompson. I don't trust wolf.

I have misgivings myself. My biggest concerns are that he has no significant experience anywhere else, and he has had a one track career in GB. Maybe it will work out fantastically, but I think broader exposure and experience is better for preparing a person to adapt to a changing environment.

Patler
08-29-2016, 10:05 AM
There is some logic to that. But does the Exec Committee feel strongly about an internal guy who doesn't even lead his own department? And has never gotten an interview elsewhere?

Murphy was an in demand sport admin already.

Ya, Murphy had an exceptional background; playing, working for the union, working for the league, being a trial lawyer, then working up the ranks of college athletic directorships. I'm not sure what could make anyone more prepared than Murphy was.

gbgary
08-29-2016, 02:15 PM
i know tt's still sharp...but watching/listening to his press conferences...he's really starting to seem...elderly. no? is it just me?

pbmax
08-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Not just you. I've thought the same thing.

Patler
08-29-2016, 03:08 PM
He seems to have gotten thin and a bit frail looking. Couple that with his slow, hesitating delivery and he seems older than he is.

HowardRoark
08-29-2016, 06:59 PM
How much does John Schneider make?

That guy Ball looks bad ass in the picture. Looks like someone in a Lombardi era football program. Murphy looks a little like Bruce Jenner.

You talkin to me????

http://packersnotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/banner.php_-13.jpeg

Fritz
08-30-2016, 06:20 AM
I saw a picture of Ted the other day in his big hat, pale skin, and thin frame, and I thought we ought to nickname him The Thin White Duke.

Ted's retirement dream is probably to go back to scouting college players.

gbgary
09-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Not just you. I've thought the same thing.

now I'm starting to wonder about the sharpness. :shock:
the decision to weaken an already dicey o-line situation is baffling.