PDA

View Full Version : The Bridge has Fallen

Tony Oday
08-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Teddy just went down in practice. Sounds SERIOUS. Stopped practice, ambulance and the whole nine yards.

Cheesehead Craig
08-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Blame pb, he mentioned injury and Bridgewater in a post.

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2016, 02:45 PM
That sucks, Bridgewater was just starting to be a player. When I first saw the headline, I thought of that I-35 bridge collapse in ..... Siri says 2007.

hoosier
08-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Joel Stave to the rescue.

Fritz
08-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Blame pb, he mentioned injury and Bridgewater in a post.

And he JUST DID THAT this afternoon, I think.

Holy cow, PB. You better watch how you wield them powers.

Say, howza bout a post on Roger Goodell's health?

Ras, that news sucks for you. Sorry. You know I think Bridgewater's the real thing.

Tony Oday
08-30-2016, 03:31 PM
ACL out for the season.

Guiness
08-30-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm confused at what this could be? Non-contact injury that requires an ambulance, the usual ones, ACLs and MCLs can be painful, but don't generally require paramedics. Where are they practicing, is it on turf? Could he have gotten a cleat caught in the carpet and broke his leg?

Patler
08-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Maybe we can trade Hundley to them.

Tony Oday
08-30-2016, 03:35 PM
REALLY hope the don't get Kaepernick

Radagast
08-30-2016, 03:40 PM
I never delight at hearing that someone/anyone has suffered an injury. Athletes accept that they may be injured and continue to pursue their dreams. Whenever a key player goes down, it diminishes not only their team, but the entire league .

As we await the official report on Teddy Bridgewater, let us not forget that the same thing can happen to any player , on Any team. May luck continue to smile upon GB this season and get well soon Teddy Bridgewater .

HowardRoark
08-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Zimmer giving good press conference. I can see why players like him.

esoxx
08-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Cake schedule. Now the only real threat in the division has lost their starting QB.

No pressure here Pack, but don't fuck this up!!

ThunderDan
08-30-2016, 06:02 PM
REALLY hope the don't get Kaepernick

Why? Kapp won't be able to learn their O in 10 days. Gets rid of any real passing threat. Zimmer aND Co are not going to put in the read option.

scharpcheddar
08-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Vikings will still get a wildcard

Rastak
08-30-2016, 06:36 PM
ACL out for the season.

I see you continue to make shit up out of thin air.

It sounds a whole lot worse than that.

Rastak
08-30-2016, 06:45 PM
And he JUST DID THAT this afternoon, I think.

Holy cow, PB. You better watch how you wield them powers.

Say, howza bout a post on Roger Goodell's health?

Ras, that news sucks for you. Sorry. You know I think Bridgewater's the real thing.

Yea, not top tier but was really coming along. As always, the football gods bend me over. This year earlier than most.

At least they have a good running game and a defense.

Joemailman
08-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Maybe we can trade Hundley to them.

Maybe they have other plans.

http://www.vikingsmania.com/MinnesotaVikingsPhotoGallery/BrettFavre/BrettFavre6.jpg

Rastak
08-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Maybe they have other plans.

http://www.vikingsmania.com/MinnesotaVikingsPhotoGallery/BrettFavre/BrettFavre6.jpg

Until he dies, I guess that's always an option!

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2016, 07:07 PM
I was just googling Vikings 53 to see the likely depth chart at QB, and up first was this prediction that a guy posted yesterday:

QB (2):

In: Teddy Bridgewater, Shaun Hill

Cut: Joel Stave

Reasoning: I think the Vikes will only go with two until Taylor Heinicke is healthy, then add him to the active roster. But I give a tip of the cap to Joel Stave, who played much better than I had anticipated, well enough to land on a practice squad somewhere. But with Teddy entrenched and the Vikings fond of Heinicke, I don't think that somewhere will be in Minnesota. they could temporarily go with three, but I think they roll the dice and hope Teddy doesn't get hurt. I mean, if he does, everything sucks and the world ends anyways, and at that point I won't care if the Vikes have two or 20 QB's on the roster, because the one that matters won't be able to play and everything will be horrible.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/8/29/12696708/vikings-53-man-roster-projection

Rastak
08-30-2016, 07:43 PM
"The injury was quickly identified as a dislocated knee. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. After undergoing an MRI, it was determined that *Teddy suffered a complete tear to his ACL and other structural damage.* Fortunately, there appears to be *no nerve or arterial damage.* Surgical repair will be scheduled within the next few days. Although the recovery time will be significant, we expect Teddy to make a full recovery. I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and our athletic training staff for all of their help today. Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab."

http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Teddy-Bridgewater-suffers-torn-ACL-according-to-team-statement-47067280

Radagast
08-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Could the Vikings be looking for another QB ? Is Nick Foles available ?

red
08-30-2016, 08:15 PM
"other structural damage"?

That doesn't sound good. Cartilage, other ligaments? Broken bones?

Rastak
08-30-2016, 08:19 PM
"other structural damage"?

That doesn't sound good. Cartilage, other ligaments? Broken bones?

I'm guessing other ligaments, supposedly vomit was involved with people who witnessed it.

esoxx
08-30-2016, 08:58 PM
That's a bitch of an injury. Same thing happened to Culpepper I believe. It really does suck.

Rastak
08-30-2016, 09:10 PM
That's a bitch of an injury. Same thing happened to Culpepper I believe. It really does suck.

Culpepper actually tore 3 of the 4.

smuggler
08-30-2016, 09:13 PM
It's nasty, but Culpepper relied a lot more on his mobility than Bridgewater. Teddy is a more traditional pocket passer and should be able to overcome this injury in the long-term, provided it's true there was no nerve damage.

esoxx
08-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Culpepper actually tore 3 of the 4.

Yeah, meant he also suffered dislocated knee.

King Friday
08-30-2016, 09:31 PM
What is the surface of the practice field that the Vikings play on, Ras?

Rastak
08-30-2016, 09:40 PM
What is the surface of the practice field that the Vikings play on, Ras?

Not sure, it was on a practice field. I have no idea why/how it happened.

MadtownPacker
08-30-2016, 09:40 PM
That's too bad. The ARod va Teddy matchup is good for football.

Carolina_Packer
08-30-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm guessing other ligaments, supposedly vomit was involved with people who witnessed it.

I also read that they sedated Teddy. I can't imagine the agony. Good guy. I wish him well in his recovery.

Carolina_Packer
08-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Could the Vikings be looking for another QB ? Is Nick Foles available ?

For the right price, KC would trade him, I'm sure. If KC was comfortable with their QB depth before they picked up Foles, perhaps Dorsey will flip him for a draft pick. Zach Mettenberger is probably a candidate, and they could wait and see what San Fran does with Kaep.

pbmax
08-30-2016, 11:56 PM
ACL and dislocation. The dislocation is why some people would have been more upset than usual.

MadScientist
08-31-2016, 01:19 AM
ACL and dislocation. The dislocation is why some people would have been more upset than usual.
Yea, I don't even like reading the description. I'm glad there is not video of this.

MadScientist
08-31-2016, 01:20 AM
Until he dies, I guess that's always an option!
Nah, Favre might decide to un-die and come back to play another season.

George Cumby
08-31-2016, 01:29 AM
Bummer deal, Ras. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Tony Oday
08-31-2016, 01:49 AM
I see you continue to make shit up out of thin air.

It sounds a whole lot worse than that.

Nope. Didn't know about the dislocation though.

swede
08-31-2016, 07:16 AM
I never delight at hearing that someone/anyone has suffered an injury. Athletes accept that they may be injured and continue to pursue their dreams. Whenever a key player goes down, it diminishes not only their team, but the entire league .

As we await the official report on Teddy Bridgewater, let us not forget that the same thing can happen to any player , on Any team. May luck continue to smile upon GB this season and get well soon Teddy Bridgewater .

Good points.

It is astonishing how differently I read your posts when your font size and color revert to conventional.

I know this isn't your first rodeo. but for me it's your first rodeo without the barrel and make-up.