PDA

View Full Version : Queens Get Sam Bradford

vince
09-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Schefter just tweeted it's a done deal. Eagles get Vikes' 1st round pick next year and a 4th round 2018 pick.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 09:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry Ras.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Good deal for the Vikings. Great deal for Philly.

Bradford is flawed, but what are Vikings to do? Just write-off the 2016 season that they loaded-up for? They have AP and a defense now.

Vikings can't count on Bridgewater for the future. They made the best of a tough situation.

Fritz
09-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Does this mean Teddy Bridgewater will never play again? If the story is true, Vince, that's an awfully high price to pay for a one-year starter or a backup.

Frankly, this one smacks of desperation, if it's true. Bradford has been hurt often and has not really panned out for anyone. Yet you're giving up a first and fourth? If he's a stopgap, and you just need a game manager, Shaun Hill can do that. If he's Teddy's future backup, a first and fourth is a lot to pay.

The only way this makes any sense to me - and even then it doesn't, not really - is if you think Teddy's career is over, and if you think you can get more out of Bradford than what he's shown so far in his career.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I would like to believe that the competent GM would never trade 1st and 4th rounders to rent a mediocre, injury-prone QB for about 12 months. Bridgewater's injury has gotta be worse than what the Vikes are saying.

I seriously believe Johnny Football would look good in purple.

Fritz
09-03-2016, 10:00 AM
That's because you're a Packer fan.

Johnny Football would look good on the Love Boat of a few years ago, not on this version of the team.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Bradford has been hurt often and has not really panned out for anyone. Yet you're giving up a first and fourth? If he's a stopgap, and you just need a game manager, Shaun Hill can do that.

They believe Bradford is a lot better than Hill. They think this is a Super Bowl year. AP takes pressure off a QB.

vince
09-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah I agree it's desperate attempt to hang onto a fleeting and unrealistic dream. Someone tweeted that last week the Vikings had a decent QB and a first round pick.
Now they have neither.

Someone else noted that in the last year, Bradford has been traded for 2 firsts, a second, two fourths and Nick Foles.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:03 AM
I would like to believe that the competent GM would never trade 1st and 4th rounders to rent a mediocre, injury-prone QB for about 12 months. Bridgewater's injury has gotta be worse than what the Vikes are saying.

I seriously believe Johnny Football would look good in purple.

If he was sober and had been in camp, I completely agree. Exactly kind of improvisor that could make an emergency QB situation work. Not sure how that holds up for the entire year though. Not sure Johnny holds up entire year either :)

Trading a first round pick next year for this guy is ridiculous. PFT Commentator wrote that going by Sam Bradford's transaction wire, he looks like a one man Ponzi scheme.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Good deal for the Vikings. Great deal for Philly.

Bradford is flawed, but what are Vikings to do? Just write-off the 2016 season that they loaded-up for? They have AP and a defense now.

Vikings can't count on Bridgewater for the future. They made the best of a tough situation.

I don't expect them to give up, not in the first year of a new stadium. But is one year of Bradford really that much better (a 1st and a fourth better) than Shaun Hill?

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't expect them to give up, not in the first year of a new stadium. But is one year of Bradford really that much better (a 1st and a fourth better) than Shaun Hill?

Shaun may be over the Hill. We have good memories of his spot play a few years ago. The Vikes know better than us what he has.

Bradford might flourish with MN, he has a lot of talent, despite talent for getting injured.

MN took a big risk, I grant you. But better to take a risk than waste an opportunity.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:18 AM
This.

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier 5m5 minutes ago
#vikings trade hunk of future to catapult from 6-10 to 8-8 this season.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:24 AM
I agree with the norseman, he is already on to third stage of grief:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/9/3/12782692/thoughts-on-the-sam-bradford-trade

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m7 minutes ago
And, as I've long been writing and saying - Chase Daniel gonna play a bunch for Eagles this year. Pederson a big fan of his. Trusts him

OK Doug.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:26 AM
I agree with the norseman, he is already on to third stage of grief:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/9/3/12782692/thoughts-on-the-sam-bradford-trade

Could be hedge against Bridgewater's injury. Makes some more sense that way, but a first next year might net more QB than Bradford.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2016, 10:27 AM
That's because you're a Packer fan.

Johnny Football would look good on the Love Boat of a few years ago, not on this version of the team.

Manziel has the tools to be a successful NFL QB. He's like a young Brett Favre: A wild horse in need of a little taming. Nobody remembers b/c it was before the TMZ, but Favre was a jolly player, too, in his youth. Can't even run the scout team in Atlanta cos he partied too much.

Suffice it to say, Johnny Football is a poor man's Brett Favre. :)

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:28 AM
vikings trade hunk of future to catapult from 6-10 to 8-8 this season.

Well, OK. Since Teddy Bridgewater is not Joe Montana, you don't think the Vikings roster was ever Super Bowl ready.

In that case, it was a dumb move. But your assumption is arguably very wrong.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Suffice it to say, Johnny Football is a poor man's Brett Favre. :)

Abject poverty man's BF

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Well, OK. Since Teddy Bridgewater is not Joe Montana, you don't think the Vikings roster was ever Super Bowl ready.

He didn't need to be Montana. But better than Hill would be nice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrcDtfyUkAA7V6v.jpg:large

Tony Oday
09-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Bradford would make the Vikes better and beat out Teddy if he was healthy.

Teddy is out 18 months so he will be in no shape to play next year until the playoffs.

Hope their offensive line is astill bad as last year or this could be trouble.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Tony Oday making sense. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 10:43 AM
I find it odd that twice traded Bradford would be considered an upgrade to healthy Bridgewater. Though I grant that decisions made by the Rams and Eagles might not constitute quality professional judgement.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 16m16 minutes ago
Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2016, 10:45 AM
I think it's a good move by the Vikings, but it's a lot to give up and Sam Bradford is a bit brittle. Teddy is slight and you always worried about him staying healthy. The same applies for Bradford. For this year I think it puts them back into contention for the division. I don't think it puts them over the top though.

Anti-Polar Bear
He didn't need to be Montana. But better than Hill would be nice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrcDtfyUkAA7V6v.jpg:large

Allotta of QBs out there are probably better than Hill. Heck, why not just bring back Christian Ponder after the Niners cut him later today?

1st and 4th for Bradford looks dumb now at this point in space-time. If Rand was still around, he would say that's a move not even Sherman would make.

vince

We'll see. The Vikes are better under Zimmer but still pretenders IMO as far as Super Bowl contention is concerned. They also have some major pieces that are in decline. Obviously just my opinion, but they need to compete while continuing to build - not go for broke.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:50 AM
I find it odd that twice traded Bradford would be considered an upgrade to healthy Bridgewater.

I didn't see that opinion expressed anywhere. We'll see if Bradford is boon or bust in a month.

Guiness
09-03-2016, 10:51 AM
This could be history making! Has a team ever lost 2 QBs to a torn ACL in the same season before?

Can't believe they have up a first and more for him. Philly is paying the lion's share of his salary (11 of 18 million) so this almost seems like the Vikings sold the draft pick. They get him for at best 2 years, but probably 1.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Standing pat with Shaun Hill was a defeatist, unacceptable path. If you don't like Bradford, you really have to propose a better risk.

Fritz
09-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Sam Bradford scares you?

Man, Tony, that seems crazy. The defense scares me. AP scares me. But without The Bridge, this team, at best, looks like a run-first, dink-and-dunk offense that won't get any further in the playoffs than last year's team did. At best.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Standing pat with Shaun Hill was a defeatist, unacceptable path. If you don't like Bradford, you really have to propose a better risk.

lol

If I were the Vikes GM, I'd sign Johnny Football. The talent Mr. Football has a 4 games suspension looming, but he's probably gonna need about a month to acqiure intermediate knowledge of the playbook anyway.

Good news for the Packers, Bears and Lions. Zimmer isn't too fond of Johnny Football.

vince
09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
I'd give Ted a 2 or 3 for Hundley all day long (Ted probably wouldn't do it yet but some young "undiscovered" backup with some mobility who's better than Stave and comes a lot cheaper) before a 1 and 4 for a porcelain statue behind a questionable line.

Hell I might even detox and quarantine Johnny Football before going all in on Bradford. OK not really, but he'd be cheap, obviously has something to prove and wouldn't cost a young cheap stud who you may be able to build around for years to come. You don't know, but it's not like first round picks don't usually give great value.

esoxx
09-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Bad move.

Fritz
09-03-2016, 11:35 AM
A better risk: Offer the Iggles a third for Bradford. Then when he gets hurt in the third game of the season you haven't given up as much.

Or find a young, up-and-coming-yet-raw rookie or 2nd year QB you can teach, get him for that first rounder, and let him dink and dunk and hand off to AP while he learns on the job.

Or let Shaun Hill dink-and-dunk and hand off to AP, like you're going to end up doing with Bradford anyway.

vince
09-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Shaun Hill career QB rating: 85.2 - and you get to keep the young cheap stud next year
Sam Bradford career QB rating: 81.0 - sorry, no young cheap stud next year

run pMc
09-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Risky move. I wonder if the Wilfs pushed the team into this decision, what with a new stadium and tickets to sell. I'm not sure that Bradford is an upgrade over Teddy; but IMO it makes the Vikings the biggest threat to GB in the division.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Risky move. I wonder if the Wilfs pushed the team into this decision, what with a new stadium and tickets to sell. I'm not sure that Bradford is an upgrade over Teddy; but IMO it makes the Vikings the biggest threat to GB in the division.

The new stadium will sell the tickets, so it's not that. They feel they are close, and this was an all-in kind of year. Peterson won't be around forever. Once Peterson leaves, the need for an elite QB will increase.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 12:25 PM
If I'm the Vikings. I play Bradford week 1. It prepares him for critical game against Packers. But they probably won't.

Fritz
09-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Shaun Hill career QB rating: 85.2 - and you get to keep the young cheap stud next year
Sam Bradford career QB rating: 81.0 - sorry, no young cheap stud next year

That's what I said to your mother last week when she didn't pay me.

Sorry, Vince. I just couldn't help myself.

vince
09-03-2016, 12:37 PM
That's what I said to your mother last week when she didn't pay me.

Sorry, Vince. I just couldn't help myself.
:-) So you're done pimping out your kid then?

red
09-03-2016, 01:01 PM
OMFG!!!!!!

hahahahaha

when are teams gonna learn that bradford is a shitty QB. STOP TRADING SHIT FOR HIM!!!!!!

sorry ras, that really sucks for you guys

red
09-03-2016, 01:03 PM

sam bradford is not an upgrade over anyone, he's one of the worst QB's in the nfl, not to mention, THE most overpaid

smuggler
09-03-2016, 01:37 PM
I don't see them winning the Super Bowl with him, but they might make the playoffs. Their defense is pretty good.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Suddenly I don't feel so bad about John Hadl.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 01:50 PM
sam bradford is not an upgrade over anyone, he's one of the worst QB's in the nfl, not to mention, THE most overpaid

I think you are down on Bradford because of his slight metrosexual characteristics. I'm keeping an open mind, he has flashed a lot in spurts, and he's still young and perhaps getting better.

vince
09-03-2016, 02:11 PM

Rutnstrut
09-03-2016, 02:24 PM
I have heard that while the Vikings are totally confident in Hill as a back up QB. They were worried about his durability through a long stretch.

vince
09-03-2016, 02:26 PM
I have heard that while the Vikings are totally confident in Hill as a back up QB. They were worried about his durability through a long stretch.
The irony.

Rutnstrut
09-03-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't see them winning the Super Bowl with him, but they might make the playoffs. Their defense is pretty good.

Their defense is more than pretty good, they are the best defensive team in the division. Hell they rank pretty high in the whole NFC.

red
09-03-2016, 02:41 PM
I think you are down on Bradford because of his slight metrosexual characteristics. I'm keeping an open mind, he has flashed a lot in spurts, and he's still young and perhaps getting better.

no, i'm down on bradford because he's not good

i wouldn't be so critical of the trade if it had been for something like a 4th or 5th round pick. but a 4th AND a first???????

that is terrible for a guy of bradfords quality

vince
09-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Football Outsiders 2015 Team Defensive Efficiency Rankings
DVOA
1 DEN -25.8%
2 CAR -18.4%
3 ARI -15.6%
4 SEA -15.2%
5 NYJ -13.8%
6 KC -11.6%
7 STL -10.5%
8 HOU -9.3%
9 GB -7.3%
10 CIN -7.1%
11 PIT -3.8%
12 NE -3.3%
13 IND -2.2%
14 MIN -1.8%

Bretsky
09-03-2016, 03:26 PM
I don't think it's a bad move.

A desperate move..but honestly.....Bradford can be just as effective as Bridgewater

If he stays healthy this was a good deal for both sides IMO

pbmax
09-03-2016, 04:01 PM
lol

If I were the Vikes GM, I'd sign Johnny Football. The talent Mr. Football has a 4 games suspension looming, but he's probably gonna need about a month to acqiure intermediate knowledge of the playbook anyway.

Good news for the Packers, Bears and Lions. Zimmer isn't too fond of Johnny Football.

Now even Johnny Fanboy that I am, I would not be scared of him starting versus the Packers. He's the emergency services replacement.

In case of emergency, break glass to get phone number of Johnny's Halfway House :)

red
09-03-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't think it's a bad move.

A desperate move..but honestly.....Bradford can be just as effective as Bridgewater

If he stays healthy this was a good deal for both sides IMO

you've always had a stiffy for bradford

Zool
09-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Hope he can learn an entire offense in 8 days

pbmax
09-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
346 532 65.0 3725 19 3.6 14 2.6 78 7.0 6.5 10.8 266.1 86.4 41.83 28 200 6.29 5.85 5.0 0 2 9

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
292 447 65.3 3231 14 3.1 9 2.0 52 7.2 6.9 11.1 201.9 88.7 62.71 44 307 5.96 5.70 9.0 1 1 13

Guess which is Teddy?

Hint, its the lower line.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2016, 05:13 PM

meeooow. cat fight!

Bretsky
09-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Cause I used to like the Rams..........lol

wist43
09-03-2016, 05:23 PM
You don't give up 1st round draft picks for average-to below average QB's. Period.

They may have needed a QB, but that doesn't justify wasting a 1st round pick.

STOOPID move by the Vikes... and just when you thought they had turned things around and were being run like a professional football team.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 06:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry Ras.

Yea, I saw it on twitter and thought it was an ok move.

THEN I saw what the compensation was.....ouch.

He did look decent the last half of the year and in the pre-season. Guess we'll see.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 06:15 PM

One theory is he'll start week 2 against you guys, not week one.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Yea, I saw it on twitter and thought it was an ok move.

THEN I saw what the compensation was.....ouch.

He did look decent the last half of the year and in the pre-season. Guess we'll see.

Its a decent hedge against Teddy being in medical trouble next year. But man that price was highway robbery.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Its a decent hedge against Teddy being in medical trouble next year. But man that price was highway robbery.

Yea, I'm fine with the move but they paid far more than I ever would have thought. They have an extra 3 & 4 next year. That helps flexibility but man that #1 is steep.

pbmax
09-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington
Roseman’s price tag in April (once he moved to No. 2 to pick Wentz) was two 2nd-rd picks. Teams scoffed. He got 1st-rd pick & a 4th-rd pick.
9:46 AM - 3 Sep 2016

Cheesehead Craig
09-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Majority of Vikes fans here in the Cities love the deal from what I've seen and heard.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Majority of Vikes fans here in the Cities love the deal from what I've seen and heard.

On twitter they hate it.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington
Roseman’s price tag in April (once he moved to No. 2 to pick Wentz) was two 2nd-rd picks. Teams scoffed. He got 1st-rd pick & a 4th-rd pick.
9:46 AM - 3 Sep 2016

I think the 4th is in 2018.

Zool
09-03-2016, 08:36 PM
One theory is he'll start week 2 against you guys, not week one.

It's just so late and cost so much for a QB that's really only slightly above average. He'll have to mesh with teammates in a hurry.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
It's just so late and cost so much for a QB that's really only slightly above average. He'll have to mesh with teammates in a hurry.

I'm with ya Zool. It's probably a non-issue by mid season but early it's a huge game of catchup. Would Hill and Stave been adequate? Probably not. As PB mentioned, it's also a hedge for next year. If he sucks or gets hurt then obviously what was the point of doing it.

wist43
09-03-2016, 08:42 PM

Yeah, but most Minnesota residents are a bunch of idiotic, left-wing, commie bastards who don't know a butt hole from a sewer pipe. The know even less about football!!

Note: You all have my permission to use the above as your signature :thank:

Zool
09-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm with ya Zool. It's probably a non-issue by mid season but early it's a huge game of catchup. Would Hill and Stave been adequate? Probably not. As PB mentioned, it's also a hedge for next year. If he sucks or gets hurt then obviously what was the point of doing it.

Yeah might be looking to 2017 I suppose, but as someone else said, that first rounder next year could be that QB of the future if Teddy has Culpepper knee.

Bad situation all around for the Vikes, but that's reality I guess.

Rastak
09-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but most Minnesota residents are a bunch of idiotic, left-wing, commie bastards who don't know a butt hole from a sewer pipe. The know even less about football!!

Hey, not to drag politics into it but my state virtually never backs my party.

Anyway, fuck you for the insult. :glug:

ND72
09-03-2016, 10:19 PM

Maybe that's why Minnesota is kicking Wisconsin's butt politically? Maybe they'll send us a conditional 7th rounder for Scott Walker.

ANYWAY...I'm joining this section late...Here's my take Rastak, Vikes get a serviceable QB, and if he proves can lead the vikes, they have him on contract for as long as Teddy could be done for. Heard from multiple sources this could be more than a 1 year deal for Teddy...could even threaten his career. So if that is the case, you get a guy in Bradford who could manage the game for you, and still be good enough to makes some passes. If AP's body stays the way he has been, Vikes could still be contenders.

Cheesehead Craig
09-03-2016, 10:24 PM

That is a great sig opportunity. Wait a sec, I'm a MN resident! You sneaky bastard! :-)

swede
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM

Classic Ras...

All my peeps are Minnesotans, other than the ones I married or sired myself. My family are real Lake Woebegonian types. They may eat Jello molds and drink Tang for breakfast and come in from the fields at 10 am for a cookie and a cup of coffee. But my uncles would be able to make, fix, re-build, weld, cut, put in, take out, level, or turn any sewer pipe you've got into something else if need be. The leisure suits and Viking thing kinda counts against them but they live where they live.

jmbarnes101
09-03-2016, 10:38 PM
That is a great sig opportunity. Wait a sec, I'm a MN resident! You sneaky bastard! :-)

I am as well and absolutely love it since it's so freaking true.

scharpcheddar
09-04-2016, 04:27 AM

lol they are about to tare up the league.

you remember this guy?
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Tennessee+Titans+v+Chicago+Bears+TAQIt2s7Fidl.jpg

scharpcheddar
09-04-2016, 04:31 AM

he wont need to

Anti-Polar Bear
09-04-2016, 10:46 AM

Senator Al Franken would make a great US President. Not sure why he didn't run this year.

When informed of Bridgewater's injury, Franken said, "Its like finding out Hillary's having an affair with Anthony Weiner." (lol)

pbmax
09-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Here is what Sam Bradford did to earn that trade:

Doug Farrar ‏@BR_DougFarrar 55m55 minutes ago
From WK9 through WK 17 last season, Bradford's stat line: 176 of 258 (68.2%) for 1959 yards, 10 TD, 4 INT. 7.59 YPA, 954 air yards.

His best eight game stretch since his rookie year. Might be his best ever.

King Friday
09-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Bradford can be just as effective as Bridgewater

What?

Bridgewater has always been a good QB at avoiding bad turnovers.

There isn't a bad turnover that Bradford hasn't found a way to commit.

Effective is probably one of the last words I'd use to describe Bradford's playing career.

wist43
09-05-2016, 02:54 PM

ur havin a party?? count me in!!! :glug::smk: (prefer to toke over drink... but too many ignorant bigots in this sick society - so green-ade and rum it is!!!)

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2016, 07:27 AM
bump

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2016, 07:34 AM
If you feel bad about your Bradford deal reaction, think about how much worse it could be: you could be Teddy Bridgewater lying awake last night staring at the ceiling.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 10:25 AM
You don't give up 1st round draft picks for average-to below average QB's. Period.

They may have needed a QB, but that doesn't justify wasting a 1st round pick.

STOOPID move by the Vikes... and just when you thought they had turned things around and were being run like a professional football team.

Winner! Vikes go 8-8, and now don't have a 1st round pick. Bradford had good stats. Led the NFL in completion pct. Only threw 5 INT's. But being Captain Checkdown doesn't win in the NFL.

gbgary
01-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Winner! Vikes go 8-8, and now don't have a 1st round pick. Bradford had good stats. Led the NFL in completion pct. Only threw 5 INT's. But being Captain Checkdown doesn't win in the NFL.

they were maybe the only team with worse injury problems than us. they'll be back next season.

red
01-02-2017, 10:37 AM
they were maybe the only team with worse injury problems than us. they'll be back next season.

yeah but bradford will still be their QB

and who knows if peterson is done

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 10:41 AM
yeah but bradford will still be their QB

and who knows if peterson is done

Bradford and Peterson both have cap hits of 18 million next year. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/2017/ And not having a 1st round pick makes it harder to fix their woeful offensive line.

ThunderDan
01-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Bradford and Peterson both have cap hits of 18 million next year. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/2017/ And not having a 1st round pick makes it harder to fix their woeful offensive line.

Ouch, one or both will be restructured or cut.

pbmax
01-02-2017, 11:09 AM

His completion percentage should be higher, defenses WANT you to throw a 5 yard route on 3rd and 11.

smuggler
01-02-2017, 11:45 PM
It's not a checkdown if all the routes are designed to go 4 yards because your offensive line can't block for shit!

texaspackerbacker
01-03-2017, 06:18 AM
Bradford could just scramble around for 7-10 seconds and then find somebody open - or maybe take off and run for 10 or 15 yards, but wait, I guess he ain't named Aaron Rodgers.

Tony Oday
01-03-2017, 10:03 AM
He threw 5 more TDS than Bridgewater a d 4 less picks without an Oline and no AP.

Teamcheez1
01-03-2017, 10:10 AM

How much would the Vikings be willing to pay Peterson who is turning 32 and is now oft-injured? He is probably only worth a low-end contract which he can get anywhere. I would be surprised if he comes back, but we are having the same debate about Lacy.

Peterson has said he can play for another 5-7 years and "age doesn't apply to me".

Fritz
01-03-2017, 11:45 AM
I thought the deal was dumb when it was pulled, but I keep going back to the unending number of injuries that team suffered. They'll be back. Maybe without AP, though I suspect AP will sign a restructured deal to prove himself, and that will be a tough team to beat next year, Bridgewater or Bradford.

hoosier
01-03-2017, 11:59 AM
I agree they seemed to give up way to much for a guy whose ceiling is being a good game manager, nothing more. But if Spielman believed they were on the cusp of being a super bowl contender--and that really seemed to be the case until Turner quit and everything came tumbling down--then maybe "overpaying" for Bradford was actually the right move at the time. First, because it wasn't really overpaying (they were buying in a seller's market). Second, because you never know what next year is going to bring. This thread makes me appreciate all the more what the Packers have had at the position over the past 25 years.

Rutnstrut
01-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Peterson would look damn good in Green and Gold;)

Cheesehead Craig
01-03-2017, 01:26 PM

Pass. Can't catch, horrible on blitz pickup and blocking, and is injured a lot and getting older.

hoosier
01-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Yeah, jeez, that is some grass that doesn't even look all that green on the other side of the fence!

Guiness
01-03-2017, 02:08 PM
I agree they seemed to give up way to much for a guy whose ceiling is being a good game manager, nothing more. But if Spielman believed they were on the cusp of being a super bowl contender--and that really seemed to be the case until Turner quit and everything came tumbling down--then maybe "overpaying" for Bradford was actually the right move at the time. First, because it wasn't really overpaying (they were buying in a seller's market). Second, because you never know what next year is going to bring. This thread makes me appreciate all the more what the Packers have had at the position over the past 25 years.

Was it a sellers market though? Seemed like the Vikings might've been bidding against themselves, who else wanted a starting QB at that juncture? I guess the Eagles could've held on to him, but I think they wanted rid of him.

hoosier
01-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Was it a sellers market though? Seemed like the Vikings might've been bidding against themselves, who else wanted a starting QB at that juncture? I guess the Eagles could've held on to him, but I think they wanted rid of him.

Yeah, I didn't mean they were necessarily bidding against other teams, just that it was the end of the preseason with the Vikings desperate trying to save their season. Seller's market might be the wrong description; desperate buyer is probably more like it.

esoxx
01-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Pass. Can't catch, horrible on blitz pickup and blocking, and is injured a lot and getting older.

Beats his small children in the genitals using a tree branch. Pass.

Fritz
01-05-2017, 05:53 AM
Could he change your mind if he could convince you it wasn't a tree branch but a 2 X 2?

gbgary
01-05-2017, 01:22 PM

letmethinkaboutitno

Yeah, jeez, that is some grass that doesn't even look all that green on the other side of the fence!

that's grass after a wild fire.

esoxx
01-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Could he change your mind if he could convince you it wasn't a tree branch but a 2 X 2?

It would give me pause.

vince
01-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Somebody's going to waste a bunch of money on a used up RB, who I'd say is in the conversation of greatest ever, but it ain't gonna be Ted. Snyder maybe.

He may flash greatness on occasion but not with any amount of consistency. There are overwhelmingly reliable statistics about how running backs hit a cliff after so many career rushes. Peterson's uniqueness has allowed him to break through that ceiling by a good amount I believe but he's been rode hard and put away wet. He's fought it better than just about anyone but his body is breaking down.

vince
01-05-2017, 06:10 PM
It's a couple years old, but here's some data on it.
Measuring NFL Running Back Longevity: Falling Off the 1,800-Carry Cliff (https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/4940/measuring-nfl-running-back-longevity-falling-off-the-1-800-carry-cliff)
Peterson will be 32 and has over 2,400 carries on his body with multiple major knee injuries.

Fritz
01-05-2017, 06:22 PM
And now the Vikes have to pay the piper for Bradford. I wonder if Bridgewater will be able to come back.

gbgary
01-05-2017, 07:17 PM
i wouldn't think he'd be able to play the whole of next year. he tore everything in his knee.

Zool
01-06-2017, 08:36 AM
And now the Vikes have to pay the piper for Bradford. I wonder if Bridgewater will be able to come back.

It sounds like he's out this year too. He Culpeppered that thing up good. As much as I like to laugh at the Vikings, Teddy seemed like a guy you could actually respect.

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2017, 01:01 PM
They gave up so much to get what? A quarterback controversy between two essentially mediocre players. It sucks to be them.

woodbuck27
01-07-2017, 08:44 AM
It sounds like he's out this year too. He Culpeppered that thing up good. As much as I like to laugh at the Vikings, Teddy seemed like a guy you could actually respect.

I agree...Teddy Bridgewater was or is a class act.

Fritz
01-07-2017, 09:08 AM
He probably still is classy. It's just a question of whether he can be a classy NFL QB or just a classy human being.

Zool
01-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Looking back, are they. 6-10 team with Shaun Hill?

vince
01-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Not only would they have a first-round potential franchise player to select, but it'd be even higher pick.

pbmax
01-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I get why they did it. New stadium big selling job to do, want a competitive team. And it worked for 6 or 8 games.

But that's a heck of a price to pay for a year of good publicity and zero results.

Rutnstrut
01-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Why do the Packers always get the injury excuse, but other teams just suck? The Vikings had a shit ton of bad luck this past season. I wouldn't count them out next season, even with Bradford at QB. He isn't terrible.

gbgary
01-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Why do the Packers always get the injury excuse, but other teams just suck? The Vikings had a shit ton of bad luck this past season. I wouldn't count them out next season, even with Bradford at QB. He isn't terrible.

vvvvvv

Zool
01-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Any excuse to complain about the Packers eh Rut? You love to hate them or is it hate to love them?

vince
01-07-2017, 08:28 PM
That's the point. Teams overspend for free agents and make bad trades for what they think is that one guy they need to win it all. But injuries are prevalent in the NFL and it turns out to be dumb to go all in and mortgage your future just to see injuries kill your chances because you've traded depth of talent throughout the roster for one guy who is almost never makes the difference you're gambling that depth away on.

That high first round pick - a franchise left tackle to build around perhaps - would look pretty attractive right now over an $18 million aging and injury prone journeyman QB who's very likely just good enough to maintain mediocrity with no o-line.

pbmax
01-07-2017, 10:06 PM

Packers have bad injury year, they make the playoffs.

Vikes have bad injury year, they draft in the Top 10.