PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad Signings

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2016, 11:32 AM
DT Brian Price to the practice squad, per Demovsky.

Patler
09-04-2016, 12:37 PM
G - Lucas Patrick per Ryan Wood.

smuggler
09-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Reggie Gilbert - LB

Signed to the practice squad after clearing waivers.

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Carl Bradford aboard.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Add S Jermaine Whitehead (surprising to me with so many safeties on the roster and I wasn't overly impressed with him) and WR/TE Devon Cajuste.

Packgator
09-04-2016, 04:06 PM
I like the Cajuste pickup. Especially if he can play TE. Another Stanford guy. Wasn't drafted. 49ers cut him on Saturday.

SMBASS
09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Per Tom Silverstein, Geronimo Allison has turned down multiple offers from other teams in order to sign with the Packers practice squad.

pbmax
09-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Well, my wish list is complete. Price, Allison, Bradford and another Guard.

pbmax
09-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Per Tom Silverstein, Geronimo Allison has turned down multiple offers from other teams in order to sign with the Packers practice squad.

Wonder if he got more than base level PS money.

pbmax
09-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Burks said not to be candidate for practice squad. Also,

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
CB Robertson Daniel will not be on the #Packers practice squad, per a source.

SMBASS
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Wonder if he got more than base level PS money.

I was wondering the same thing given the multiple offers. Sometimes I wonder with these PS signings if the guys just feel more comfortable staying with the system/team/coaches that they're used to and think it gives them the best opportunity to continue growing and improving. I would think if the money differential is minimal this would play into their decision. Especially when that particular team already has an investment in them. Also I'm sure they consider were they think their best chance is to eventually make the 53 man roster is.

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Well, my wish list is complete. Price, Allison, Bradford and another Guard.

My wish list is Price. He looks like he could be called-up in a pinch, and it is always hard to find big defensive linemen. I don't think there will be anybody else on the PS who can contribute, but don't quote me, it's a long season.

SMBASS
09-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Burks said not to be candidate for practice squad. Also,

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
CB Robertson Daniel will not be on the #Packers practice squad, per a source.

Did they cut Burks to make room for the RB Pressley? If so I missed that transaction. Interesting that they're not even considering signing Burks to the PS.

pbmax
09-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
#Packers are bringing back WR Herb Waters for their practice squad, a source said.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
#Packers are bringing back WR Herb Waters for their practice squad, a source said.

7 WRs on the roster and 3 on the PS seems excessive.

Cobra Kai
09-04-2016, 09:44 PM
7 WRs on the roster and 3 on the PS seems excessive.

They need someone for all those DBS on the roster to cover in practice.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2016, 10:33 PM
ILB Beniquez Brown and OG Blake Muir fill out the PS.

WR Geronimo Allison
LB Carl Bradford
LB Beniquez Brown
WR/TE Devon Cajuste
OLB Reggie Gilbert
G Blake Muir
G Lucas Patrick
DT Brian Price
WR Herb Waters
S Jermaine Whitehead

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Green Bay is no longer "Title Town", it's "Wideout City"

pbmax
09-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Overreaction to last year? Or prudent policy given the current crop of starters?

Nelson (old and coming off injury)
Cobb (young vet but also coming back from injury, probably never your #1)
Adams (horrific 2nd year, bit of unknown, injuries)
Monty (young and injured for much of 2015 and 2016 offseason)
Abby (young and concussion prone)
Janis (ST ace, athletically gifted, still hasn't caught up on offense, also injured)
Davis (young, thin and injured = unreleased David Bowie album and persona)

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2016, 02:07 AM
For some reason Cajuste didn't make it to the PS. Add RB Don Jackson instead.

gbgary
09-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Overreaction to last year? Or prudent policy given the current crop of starters?

Nelson (old and coming off injury)
Cobb (young vet but also coming back from injury, probably never your #1)
Adams (horrific 2nd year, bit of unknown, injuries)
Monty (young and injured for much of 2015 and 2016 offseason)
Abby (young and concussion prone)
Janis (ST ace, athletically gifted, still hasn't caught up on offense, also injured)
Davis (young, thin and injured = unreleased David Bowie album and persona)

prudent!

i'm glad they signed allison. based on history, and this camp, i'm surprised he didn't get the nod over janis for the last wr spot.

Smidgeon
09-06-2016, 01:29 PM
prudent!

i'm glad they signed allison. based on history, and this camp, i'm surprised he didn't get the nod over janis for the last wr spot.

Do you value Special Teams less than others, or do you think that Janis really isn't that good there either?

pbmax
09-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6m6 minutes ago
As practice starts, #Packers make a PS move. ILB Brown is out. TE Devon Cajuste is in. Wearing 86.

Patler
09-07-2016, 12:12 PM
I am a bit surprised that Brown was the one let go. I'm not sure what purpose Herb Waters serves.

Patler
09-07-2016, 12:31 PM
McGinn had Cajuste #7 of TEs in the draft. One scout said he is really talented, weird, but talented. Described as an excellent athlete, perhaps more of a big slot receiver. Had the fastest three cone drill at 6.49. Apparently really likes to block. Hard nosed.

Maxie the Taxi
09-07-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm glad to see Cajuste return. He's a long shot insurance policy for Cook in the future. Very athletic. Plus, Waters ranks high athletically as well. I guess they see potential. As for Brown, they probably like Bradford way more.

Patler
09-07-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm glad to see Cajuste return. He's a long shot insurance policy for Cook in the future. Very athletic. Plus, Waters ranks high athletically as well. I guess they see potential. As for Brown, they probably like Bradford way more.

All likely true, but a second ILB on PS behind three unproven ones on the roster seems more valuable than a 2nd WR on PS` behind 7 on the regular roster. By all reports that I saw, Waters showed little to nothing in camp and was somewhat of a let down based on his perceived potential, whereas several reporters thought Brown showed enough potential to make them think twice about letting him go.

Oh well, can't get too excited about comings and goings on the practice squad!

Maxie the Taxi
09-07-2016, 01:28 PM
All likely true, but a second ILB on PS behind three unproven ones on the roster seems more valuable than a 2nd WR on PS` behind 7 on the regular roster. By all reports that I saw, Waters showed little to nothing in camp and was somewhat of a let down based on his perceived potential, whereas several reporters thought Brown showed enough potential to make them think twice about letting him go.

Oh well, can't get too excited about comings and goings on the practice squad!You're correct. Bigger fish to fry.

Just as an aside, I've been watching the Packer's personnel moves with an eye on the SPARQ rankings (https://3sigmaathlete.com/) which, I guess, attempt to grade and compare the athletic abilities of NFL players and prospects. The correlation is uncanny. I suspect TT puts a lot of stock in them.

For instance, Cajuste is ranked #5 among all WR prospects (https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/wr/) and Waters #20. That puts Cajuste in the company of Josh Doctson and Corey Coleman and Waters ahead of Sterling Shepard. Doctson, Coleman and Shepard are all starting caliber draft choices.

Also, if you are surprised TT didn't draft Reggie Raglund, it could be because Ragland ranked #77 among LB prospects (https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/lb/)whereas Kyler Fackrell was #57 and Blake Martinez was #55.

By the way, Dean Lowry was ranked #5 among Defensive Linemen and Brandon Burks, Don Jackson and Jhurell Pressley were ranked #12, #13, and #14 respectively among all rookie running backs. (https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/)

Kind of too strange to be a coincidence.

Fritz
09-07-2016, 02:32 PM
McGinn had Cajuste #7 of TEs in the draft. One scout said he is really talented, weird, but talented. Described as an excellent athlete, perhaps more of a big slot receiver. Had the fastest three cone drill at 6.49. Apparently really likes to block. Hard nosed.

So he's aces at the three cone - the major agility drill, a big slot guy and he's hard nosed and likes to block?

Hmmm. I don't understand how weird you'd have to be in order not to have been drafted fairly early. I mean, Johnny Manziel was a frickin' train wreck coming out of college, and look how high he was (drafted). And tight ends are valuable - how weird do you have to be in order to have teams willing to overlook all this talent?