PDA

View Full Version : Jhurell Pressley

Anti-Polar Bear
09-04-2016, 12:28 PM
So tell us a bit 'bout this dude, Ras.

Is he fast? Personally, that's all I care about cos I still play Madden even though I'm, alas, in my early 30's. Fast RBs are awesome on Madden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKEPa2P1ojk

smuggler
09-04-2016, 12:43 PM
He ran a 4.38 at his pro day. Safe to say he's pretty fast.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Yes! Just popped in Madden 17 and found that Pressley's current speed rating with the Vikes is 92, which is faster than Lacy's 87 and Starks' super slow 85. J-Press also has 92 agility, 95 acceleration. But 49 catching? WTF?

I ain't embarrassed to say I still play Madden, although I only play about 2-4 hours a week now; not all day like I used to do in my no-life youth. I bet Nutz still play Tecmo Bowl.

Btw, yo Ted, while you're going through the Vikes' "trash", why not sign German rookie sensation Moritz Boehringer? Imagine Boehringer and Janis as gunners on punts.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-04-2016, 12:59 PM
He ran a 4.38 at his pro day. Safe to say he's pretty fast.

Yep. He's fast. :)

beveaux1
09-04-2016, 01:39 PM
I think both Davis and Dorleant go to IR. Goode and Pressley now on the team, although our 4th RB could be cut.

Pugger
09-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Pressley looks like he could be the change of pace back a lot of us have been clamoring for.

MadScientist
09-04-2016, 06:44 PM
They decided to have their #3 RB be a scat back instead of a pile of scat.

Radagast
09-04-2016, 10:31 PM
They decided to have their #3 RB be a scat back instead of a pile of scat.

Very Sharp, I'll bet you made that up ! U Funny ! :wow:

vince
09-05-2016, 06:28 AM
The UDFA exchange. He looks intriguing. Great speed. Great stiff arm.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jhurell-pressley-has-a-place-on-the-minnesota-vikings-090216

This Packers team is significantly faster everywhere on the field, up and down the roster, all three phases.

Pugger
09-05-2016, 09:36 AM

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jhurell-pressley-has-a-place-on-the-minnesota-vikings-090216

This Packers team is significantly faster everywhere on the field, up and down the roster, all three phases.

And wasn't that one of the goals this offseason?

vince
09-05-2016, 11:20 AM
They accomplished it.

Joemailman
09-05-2016, 05:26 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/RB/Jhurell-Pressley

Jhurell Pressley
School: New Mexico
Position: RB
Positive: Rotational ball carrier who posted a career-best 1083 rushing yards and 12 TDs as a junior. Senior totals included 907 yards on the ground with 11 TDs. Well-built ball carrier who consistently picks up big yardage from the line of scrimmage. Displays the agility and speed necessary to turn the corner, fast in both a straight line as well as laterally and has a terrific burst. Bounces around piles or avoids defenders, can turn it on in a single step and beat opponents into the open field. Quick footed, slips tackles or makes opponents miss altogether. Gets a lot of momentum going and falls forward when tackled.
Negative: At times does too much East/West running. Poor pass catcher out of the backfield. Not a big bodied ball carrier.
Analysis: Pressley is a homerun hitting running back who amassed a lot of yards carrying the ball at New Mexico. He's a situational running back who must improve his pass catching skills and learn the NFL system for a chance to make a roster.

Rastak
09-05-2016, 07:32 PM
He looked pretty good last week. I was a little surprised they (Vikings) had no interest in keeping him, even on the practice squad per the local rumors.

King Friday
09-05-2016, 08:27 PM

Yeah, someone must have been using a lot of subliminal messages around the Packer offices this offseason. For some reason, TT decided to suddenly start drafting a bunch of speed and athleticism everywhere. Whatever it was, I think I like it.

Bossman641
09-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Yeah, someone must have been using a lot of subliminal messages around the Packer offices this offseason. For some reason, TT decided to suddenly start drafting a bunch of speed and athleticism everywhere. Whatever it was, I think I like it.

Consultant this year

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-tough/files/2011/07/al-davis.jpg

Carolina_Packer
09-06-2016, 05:59 AM
If he has an ESPN highlight, will Chris Berman call him Jhurell-vis Pressley?

But will he have the same shake?

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1372114068/132/8838132.jpg

Fritz
09-06-2016, 10:47 AM

So now they're soft n' fast?

smuggler
09-06-2016, 03:51 PM
He looked pretty good last week. I was a little surprised they (Vikings) had no interest in keeping him, even on the practice squad per the local rumors.

I think that's gotta be a crock. We'll never know since he didn't clear waivers.

Rastak
09-06-2016, 06:18 PM
I think that's gotta be a crock. We'll never know since he didn't clear waivers.

He was pretty much last on the depth chart and rumor was they were going to keep CJ Ham on the practice squad. Like you say, we'll never know but I would have been surprised if they signed two RBs to the practice squad.

Patler
09-06-2016, 07:25 PM

Pressley said the Vikings told him on Saturday that they did not intend to sign him to their practice squad, because they wanted a bigger back. As a result, he went home to Delaware on Saturday. Apparently they told him they might add him later in the season.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/04/jhurell-pressley-surprised-to-join-packers-after-claimed-off-waivers-from-vikings/

Rastak
09-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Pressley said the Vikings told him on Saturday that they did not intend to sign him to their practice squad, because they wanted a bigger back. As a result, he went home to Delaware on Saturday. Apparently they told him they might add him later in the season.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/04/jhurell-pressley-surprised-to-join-packers-after-claimed-off-waivers-from-vikings/

Yea, exactly what I had heard more or less. They wanted Ham on the practice squad not Pressley.

Rastak
09-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Tweet from Rob Demovski. Packers releasing Pressley.

What was your favorite Jhurell Pressley moment?

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2016, 03:00 PM

It just happened. :satan:

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2016, 03:53 PM

Reportedly, he'll be resigned back next week, but the Packers are down a CB this week.

Carolina_Packer
09-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Hopefully no return men get hurt this weekend, because he might get added to someone's 53. He looks dynamic.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Hopefully no return men get hurt this weekend, because he might get added to someone's 53. He looks dynamic.

I have no beef with Pressley. But the team doesn't need an inactive 3rd RB on the roster, he is a luxury. Hopefully he will be on a practice squad somewhere and available for future needs. Returner has become a largely irrelevant position, except for a very few studs.

Fritz
09-14-2016, 05:51 PM

When he ran a kickoff back for a touchdown against the Vikings next Sunday.

Oh, wait. That's not gonna happen.

Doh!

red
09-14-2016, 08:21 PM
That was quick

Cj spiller anyone?

Once upon a time he was a great return man

Guiness
09-14-2016, 09:19 PM
That was quick

Cj spiller anyone?

Just what you want from a 10th overall pick that you dumped Marshawn Lynch for, right?

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Demovsky that he could resign next week, but right now the Packers are so short on CBs (with Shields and Hawkins out and Dorleant going on IR) that WR Herb Waters has been playing CB in practice.

red
09-14-2016, 09:34 PM
Then maybe they should cut herb and sign a CB to the practice squad

red
09-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Just what you want from a 10th overall pick that you dumped Marshawn Lynch for, right?

Hey we didn't spend the 10th on him, or cut Lynch for him

Patler
09-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Demovsky that he could resign next week, but right now the Packers are so short on CBs (with Shields and Hawkins out and Dorleant going on IR) that WR Herb Waters has been playing CB in practice.

Then maybe they should cut herb and sign a CB to the practice squad

Sounds to me like they are getting ready to re-sign Robertson Daniel to the regular roster.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2016, 11:13 AM
I have no beef with Pressley. But the team doesn't need an inactive 3rd RB on the roster, he is a luxury. Hopefully he will be on a practice squad somewhere and available for future needs. Returner has become a largely irrelevant position, except for a very few studs.

Starks looked and played like an elderly woman last Sunday. And activating only 2 RBs on game day is just as muttonheadtic as activating only 4 WRs.

What I am trying to say is, the third RB is, more likely than not, more valuable to the team than the 3rd QB. Should've cut Callahan instead. If Callahan signs with the Ottawa Redblacks, not a big loss.

Patler
09-15-2016, 11:26 AM
You don't need three RBs active for games when #1 & #2 are healthy, and you have both Cobb and Montgomery available.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2016, 11:44 AM
You don't need three RBs active for games when #1 & #2 are healthy, and you have both Cobb and Montgomery available.

RBs get hit and get hit hard. If Lacy gets KIA during a game, Starks becomes the last "true" RB standing. And if Starks gets hurt? Cobb and Monty are receivers. None of them would withstand 10 carries a game.

The vast majority of NFL teams activate at least 3 "true" RBs on game days, which is a very smart move.

Patler
09-15-2016, 12:23 PM
RBs get hit and get hit hard. If Lacy gets KIA during a game, Starks becomes the last "true" RB standing. And if Starks gets hurt? Cobb and Monty are receivers. None of them would withstand 10 carries a game.

The vast majority of NFL teams activate at least 3 "true" RBs on game days, which is a very smart move.

Many teams actually use their third running back. The Packers do not. If Starks and Lacy aren't questionable, they normally do not have their third RB active, except when the 3rd RB has been their principle return man. With Montgomery, Janis, Hyde, maybe Davis if he is active and even Cobb, they don't need a third RB active for returns either. You will note that I said if #1 and #2 are healthy. Chances of losing both early in a game are remote, and even if they did they can easily get through the game dividing carries between Cobb and Montgomery. You could give each 6 or 8 carries and be fine.

Game day roster spots are valuable. One is "wasted" on the backup QB, but you don't have a choice there. You could make the same argument about needing a 3rd QB active as you made for the 3rd RB, even more so because you can play effectively without a true RB, especially if you have Cobb and Montgomery; not so much without a true QB. The injury Seneca Wallace got in the first series of his first start could have come just as easily during the game in which he replaced Rodgers. Then they would have had no QB.

OL is another spot where you could be caught short by multiple injuries, yet teams often take the chance with only 7 active on game days. I would argue that being caught short there is worse than being caught short at RB, especially if you have a Cobb and a Montgomery on your roster.

With the Packers roster and they way they use their RBs, having a third RB active on game days is a very low priority.

Patler
09-15-2016, 12:29 PM

Do you know that to be a fact, or are you speculating? I ask because I have often wondered. In recent years the Packers often go with just 2, and it is somethng I have been curious about.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Do you know that to be a fact, or are you speculating? I ask because I have often wondered. In recent years the Packers often go with just 2, and it is somethng I have been curious about.

I haven't checked my facts, but common sense says activating only 2 "tailbacks" in this concussion-aware, milksop era is wally stupid.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Many teams actually use their third running back. The Packers do not. If Starks and Lacy aren't questionable, they normally do not have their third RB active, except when the 3rd RB has been their principle return man. With Montgomery, Janis, Hyde, maybe Davis if he is active and even Cobb, they don't need a third RB active for returns either. You will note that I said if #1 and #2 are healthy. Chances of losing both early in a game are remote, and even if they did they can easily get through the game dividing carries between Cobb and Montgomery. You could give each 6 or 8 carries and be fine.

Game day roster spots are valuable. One is "wasted" on the backup QB, but you don't have a choice there. You could make the same argument about needing a 3rd QB active as you made for the 3rd RB, even more so because you can play effectively without a true RB, especially if you have Cobb and Montgomery; not so much without a true QB. The injury Seneca Wallace got in the first series of his first start could have come just as easily during the game in which he replaced Rodgers. Then they would have had no QB.

OL is another spot where you could be caught short by multiple injuries, yet teams often take the chance with only 7 active on game days. I would argue that being caught short there is worse than being caught short at RB, especially if you have a Cobb and a Montgomery on your roster.

With the Packers roster and they way they use their RBs, having a third RB active on game days is a very low priority.

Low priority, perhaps. But not lower than activating the 3rd QB. Thus, as I wrote previously, shoulda cut Callahan instead of Pressely.

For the record, I am in favor of getting rid of the muttonheadtic inactive list. Allow all 53 to suit up on game day.

Patler
09-15-2016, 01:12 PM
I haven't checked my facts, but common sense says activating only 2 "tailbacks" in this concussion-aware, milksop era is wally stupid.

So, when you said "The vast majority of NFL teams activate at least 3 "true" RBs on game days..." you had absolutely no basis for stating it as a fact? Have you considered that the use of FB seems to have declined, could that be one reason why teams feel they can allot a spot to a third RB?

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2016, 01:21 PM
For the record, I am in favor of getting rid of the muttonheadtic inactive list. Allow all 53 to suit up on game day.

Actually the inactive list has been a pretty clever idea. It minimizes (somewhat) the impact of injuries, since teams don't have to play shorthanded.

I just think rosters are too damn small. I'd like to see a 60 man roster, with 5 inactive. It would help player development, improve the consistency of the game, lessen a bit the impact of injuries, add greater fan loyalty to more permanent developmental guys.

Patler
09-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Actually the inactive list has been a pretty clever idea. It minimizes (somewhat) the impact of injuries, since teams don't have to play shorthanded.

I just think rosters are too damn small. I'd like to see a 60 man roster, with 5 inactive. It would help player development, improve the consistency of the game, lessen a bit the impact of injuries, add greater fan loyalty to more permanent developmental guys.

Ya, the inactive list is sort of a substitute for a short term IR. Hanging on to a few injured players doesn't disadvantage a team. In a game like football, where players can often miss just 1-3 weeks, an inactive list serves a purpose. The real question, as you suggest, is how many the game day roster requires in today's football.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2016, 01:53 PM

Revenue-sharing makes it possible for minnows like the Pack to compete with the sharks. Short-handed? Call up a PS playa, or sign a gang-banger off the street. Need cap room? Cook the cap. Money certainly ain't an issue anymore, thanks to that lefty economic thing, you know, revenue sharing.

Say, both of your active QBs get knocked out early in a game. Quality of the game would suffer, at least for your team. I say let 'em all play.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2016, 01:57 PM
So, when you said "The vast majority of NFL teams activate at least 3 "true" RBs on game days..." you had absolutely no basis for stating it as a fact? Have you considered that the use of FB seems to have declined, could that be one reason why teams feel they can allot a spot to a third RB?

I am too lazy to do the research, but if you do it, I am confident you'll find the fact is as I stated. :)

KYPack
09-15-2016, 02:11 PM
I am too lazy to do the research, but if you do it, I am confident you'll find the fact is as I stated. :)

He doesn't know what he's talking about, why waste time explaining it to him.

red
09-15-2016, 05:15 PM
If rosters were increased to 60 guys then that would mean each team would have to spend at least 3 million dollars more a year

The horror

red
09-20-2016, 06:34 PM
That was quick

Cj spiller anyone?

Pack brought in spiller today for a look

Maxie the Taxi
09-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Pack brought in spiller today for a lookWow, Stubby must have read Wist's post. That's a panic move. Not to say there is anything wrong with that.